<In an interview with EW, Johnson credited Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy with planting the idea in his head...

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-last-jedi-script-called-160-sets-1065958
archive.is/DZmj7
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wonder who she voted for.

When did The Comedian become a woman?

Is that how Rey asspulls all her powers too? If "instincts" is how you develop these super duper Force powers why didn't the Sith just keep throwing their apprentices into a snakepit?

I actually liked that scene, but what pisses me off about it is thats all she could do. Thats not even that impressive of a power. Unless you count Jedi Mind Tricking people into following your resistance movement a power. Her entire resistance moment going mutiny following her going into a mini-comma. Should have been an expected out come.

I thought that actually was a common practice for them.

There was nothing wrong with this. Was it weird, yes but there was nothing wrong with it.

That's not how the force works but the force is female now so who gives a fuck right

The scene was fucking pointless. What purpose did it serve besides "shocking" the audience with "OMG they killed Leia" for all of five minutes? Leia doesn't learn anything new from the experience and sure as fuck doesn't know how to use the Force afterwards (wouldn't want to steal Rey's thunder in that last scene with the rocks, now would we?).

I hear woman pull out this story all their time. It's like the foundational belief of their catlady reality.

No sweetie, if a todler was under the car, they're dead. If you raised the car so a trapped toddler could move out, you were just raising the suspension. I guess some retards actually thought they were lifting a car.

I don't see any question marks in your quote fam

It's a woman talking, you don't seriously expect her to say anything intelligent, do you?

Question: Why the fuck did Luke magically disappear at the end of TLJ? Can one of you nerds invested in SW lore explain?

All SW lore is now officially in the "legacy" shitter. It's now whatever Disney wants it to do. There is no point in bothering to try and reason how the force works because it out because it operates on zero logic.

So yeah, I guess the force is female.

He probably wasn't meant to die it all, but Disney decided to take care of the Hamill problem with a little CGI addition.

That makes sense. Otherwise what would be the point of projecting himself and not getting hurt?

Never thought of it that way. I was watching hamill's work as the joker earlier today & felt bad for him. Now I feel even worse. He never got to truly act in folms, but that's OK b/c he saved us all. Oh wait, Luke became a loser immediately after the OT

I give Luke an 80% chance of getting better and being in the next film. In fact, knowing what a cunning Jew JJ Abrams is, I wouldn’t be surprised if in a few months we hear that Luke is definitely back. Especially since Fisher lost her battle to Darth Overdose.

IX is going to be shit, but Abrams will hype things to try to get everybody on board with it by saying he’s going to have heroic Luke and shit like that.

These films are complete shit and I have no fucks left to give what the futures hold as long as Disney controls the franchise, with that said, in the Thrawn trilogy EU there was evil "Luuke" cloned from the hand he lost in ESB.

So Luke can have his "big moment", but without actually taking anything away from Stronk Rey. So just let him stand there and play dodgeball then kill him off. "Fans" call it a great send off.

The Last Jedi killed Star Wars. There is no recovering from this shitshow. What are they going to do with the third movie? Have a Death Star the size of a solar system? The main antagonist already died like a bitch and replaced by that whiny little shit no one is scared of.

It’s a bit like Kylo Ren getting shot so he can lose to Rey (although that failed). It’s all a contrivance to deliver a moment without having that moment carry any implications. They didn’t want the image of Kylo Ren chopping down Luke Skywalker for a nukber of reasons, so they instead had it not work on him, but oh he died of running OOM.

It’s lazy writing. Rian is a guy obsessed with single scenes. Rey’s parents are no one because Rian thought that was the most poignant thing that could be said at that moment in the story.

This is why Trevorrow jumped ship. He saw it was a trash fire.

Let us never forget Rian Johnson's sacrifice. He threw away his career's biggest moment just to kill the eldritch beast that was Soy Wars.

Then in the next movie (which takes place hours after the last) his wound is "nothing", and he carries on like he never even got a scratch.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-last-jedi-script-called-160-sets-1065958
archive.is/DZmj7

If his intent was to sabotage Episode IX and completely ruin Star Wars he did a masterful job of it.

Nevermind slicing through Finn's spine?

And they’re all so drab and uninteresting.

Yep, George was in world building, he'd at least take a place like Mos Eisley and build it up with multiple layers

It wasn’t. Rian made the star wars film hipsters always wanted. That’s why they were orgasmic.

This time around all we got was Salt Planet, which was basically Hoth with a red underlayer.

So, hipsters enjoy disjointed garbage with plot holes the size of galaxies, cringeworthy dialogue and bad acting all around? I swear to God Daisy did a worse job in TLJ than she did in TFA.

What can they possibly do except retcon everything?
He cucked the big finale hard.

Better still, Rey is now clearly stronger than Kylo regardless of any injuries.

On top of being no threat to the protagonist, he doesn't even seem to dislike her. He has no discernible motive at all now, with Luke and Snoke dead.

That was supposed to be Leia's first time using the force? I just assumed that she'd been practicing over the years. That would make a lot more sense. It would even be feminist!

EP9 is a rom-com about redeeming the bad goy

This is why you shouldn’t kill the Dark Lord in the second act.

She hasn't even gotten around to reading the complete Talmud stashed on the Falcon yet

Abrams will remake Return of the Jedi "the way the movie was supposed to be" and fans will praise him for saving Star Wars from Lucas and Rian. Wait and see. And expect wookies.

That sounds like a lot of work, why not just remake TFA

I hate this word.

Just like Episode III when they introduced Grievous for reasons

One of the few things I was actually willing to give him a pass for. It's been, what?, ninety years at that point in the game so surely Luke gave her some remedial training in the Force. And then this fuck-knuckle turns around and proudly states not only how ignorant he was, but that he was manipulated by a cunt who was once dumped by a guy wearing a Star Wars t-shirt.

To sell toys and because of the Clone Wars series.

Lol what

>Kylo gets cucked.

ok