ITT:

Casual filters

Mechs

This guys right here are the hardest fight in Hard Kick Me mode. I swear to god, on my four complete runs I was on the verge of giving up just because these niggers.

Aww, that's adorable.

outdated graphics

also PROSTAGMA

Can't we get along?

Those treads make absolutely no sense.

They would just dig into the ground and bog the thing down.

Mechs in general don't make sense.
You might as well go full retard.

whats that? you wanted to stay in first place? thats cool, wanna crash into a fucking wall and lose all your speed?

Cerberus from Devil May Cry 3.

I have this theory that liberals and SJW's will never into mecha because they are basically giant guns.

Hello

I don't know about that user.
I feel like the fight with the twin fags is the proper casual filter.
Or am I just out of touch with casual normalfags?

Both are correct.

DMC3 as a whole, although I guess that'll be the moment they'll finally realize it.

Who knows. They have shit taste in everything, not only politics so chances are they'll stay away from things that are great.

Thread contribution:
Army group under the bridge in SoC.

Hey buddy! I'm wonderful how to get the DLC for Mario Kart 8.

I wanted to play on Dragon Driftway for so long now.

Liking Undertale

I want a video game where you're a tornado chaser.

Sonic Adventure and Sonic Unleashed.

and generations

I mean an tornado chasing sim. Or a game based off of Twister or something.

Mod sims for twister simulator.

You got me on the tornado chasing sim though, that sounds badass to the core.

wouldn't Mr Gold and Mr Silver be considered more casual filters since they're the first boss?

Yeah, but Bruce, Felix and Conchita scarred many more players, especially the 2nd fight.

I've wanted a game about it since I was a kid. Tornado's are cool as hell, so a game about chasing tornado's would be cool as hell.

It's just that, Tornado's are so fucking cool. I don't know why or how to explain it. I just want to sit back in a field and watch a tornado and stare at it in all of it's beauty.

monster hunter has many of them for almost every rank.

honestly, I thought Cerberus was a shitty boss.
If they get past him they still have to deal with Nevan, Virgil and this fucker

How so? I never had an issue with him, even being a 3U babby. Is it because I'm not casul?

The picture makes it look like that but it's properly in contact with the ground and is meant for transforming into a pair of forward treads when it lowers its profile, it's actually one of the more sensible designs in the gundam universe.

it was more during the times of tri more than 3U
since yellow sharpness bounced more on him and adding the fact if don't know how to sharpen your weapon and upgrade it would royally fuck you up

Every thread

Ive played a lot of DMC3 on every platform its been on and I am still pretty sure the first time you fight Cerberus is the hardest thing in the game at any difficulty since youve got low health, no skills and the camera is not especially forgiving when trying to work out what he is doing when up close. Coupling all that with his regenerating ice shield, needing to be in the air to effectively attack and high damage he puts out when he enrages its probably the only real "fuck you" I can think of.

But, like I say, I think thats only because of just how early a boss he is.

Nevan and Virgil are pretty tedious since they have a pattern and its just a case of utilising it as best you can.

The camera can be a bit of a fuck in the initial fight with Beowulf, but he telegraphs his shit so much its quite easy to avoid anything he throws out.

Arkham is probably the second most aggravating due to his homing tentacle things. Especially when paired with Virgil since you dont get DT or style actions.

He was one of the easy one though, with all the healing items everywhere.

monster hunter tri had a harder normal and high rank and barroth was way harder in that game. I myself got stuck with barroth for the longest time and after playing demons souls I finally came back to monster hunter tri and beat that cunt for the first time. God damn that felt good.

then I got 3U and it was great, but I still haven't gotten that "mark of the hero" quest done.

wew

Ask them if they liked Bioshock Infinite.

Casual

How about Skyrim?

Casual

Maybe not a casual

I doubt anyone here will remember those.

They look so similar

dicks

really? You fucking suck man

Every casual filter thread ever.

They're one of the easiest enemies in the game.

The only reason you shouldn't be able to do jad with 43 prayer and 70 ranged is if your internet is garbage. Which mine is.

The first few levels of TW101 in general are pretty offputting on your first playthrough. It's hard to get into if you go into it with no prior knowledge of what it's like, though it's worth sticking it out.

What stopped me from playing the game for about a month on my first playthrough, though, was pic related. The way he moves around so often makes it difficult to hit him with melee attacks, which do the most damage. The way he randomly feints his slam attacks can really throw you off and, as far as I can remember, there's no indication that you can counter those attacks, which can make protecting the tower very difficult if you're not aware of it.

He's probably my least favourite part of the game. Not because he's badly designed or anything like that, but just because it's a really annoying fight.

First boss you can't really just estus and overlevel your way through swinging like a chimp. Sadly also the hardest boss in the game except for maybe Lost Izalith in heavy armour.

anything with cards or collecting cards

Why, I've never considered doing that. It sounds horrendously masochistic.

Same I stopped playing for awhile because that boss was so frustrating, definitely one of the worst bosses in the game.

Just pinch your thumb and index finger together and run your nail over the button back and forth really fast.

To go a bit faster (though this only works with tiny hands or big buttons, I can't do it on PS controllers any more), press normally, but with two fingers on one button alternating. Can get it going pretty damn fast.

I never had trouble with any PoP boss fight, or fight in general, and I played them when I was young enough to be super shit at vidya (like 12 or 13). What got me stuck in those games were some puzzle rooms with a hidden ledge way up high that's the same colour as everything else on my shit TV, so I'd have to literally brute force every wall with wallrunning and shit.

Go figure

I did it without Solaire and without ranged the first time I killed them. I was super paranoid about getting invaded and never restored. It required a fair bit of adjustment to my thinking; getting down to a midroll (I had just found the Black Iron armour and thought it was the shit) and not locking onto enemies so I could keep them both more easily in sight.

It's basically impossible. The window between swings is fractional, if there at all, and you'll spend most of your time knocked into a pit.

Yeah, it seems that there's always at least one thing about early game TW101 that drives people away from it for a while. I'm really glad I decided to go back to it on a whim last month though, now it's definitely one of my favourite games.

My theory is it's because they can't self insert as a mech. Fucking normalfags.

h*ck off tumblrtale

There's not that much of a barrier to that though. Mechs usually have pilots.
Just, like, use your imagination

i learned a lot that fateful day i rented ninja gaiden black as a kid

Literally anything about Mechs, apparently.

this motherfucker right here
i thought he was invincible and you need some sort of trigger to advance

OP asked for casual filters
If you like Undertale, you're filtered

People will bitch about Wildstar for a lot of reasons but easy boss encounters wasn't one of them. This was a game where a single person losing focus or dying could completely destroy an attempt at the boss

AND FUCK THE SLAVEMASTER AND THE LUDICROUS HEALING NEEDED TO COMPLETE THAT ENCOUNTER

h*ck off tumblrtale

I remember it being difficult for a couple reasons.
If you're short tempered like me it leads to playing worse and having to do it many times before completing it.
Another example is pic related.

Oh man those things, yea I stopped playing for like a day cause I couldn't figure them out, later on I realize you had to buy the block AND the dodge move because platinum.

Same here.

I do have a story with the original pre-black version when I played it years ago that I'll never forget. It was when I was going through the game on the hardest difficulty, fighting the second last boss' second form (and dying a lot to it because of those fucking flying skulls).

I just get to the phase and I shoot 5 armor piercing arrows at it, and as soon as I zoomed out, the screen goes white. I thought I broke the game and started to get pissed, then it suddenly showed the boss dying and I completed the level. I didn't even do that much damage to it and it dies. I wasn't going to complain though after how much that fucking boss killed me, but I could never repeat that glitch or whatever it was afterwards. It was thanks to that however, that I got to the last level and able to beat the hardest difficulty sooner than expected, but it still baffles me to this day why that happened.

I thought the same, but accidentaly my white mage learned Holy and instakilled it.
Good times.

reminds me of a weird glitch i had on my second character in dark souls 3, where i was doing a naked rapier run and it was going poorly against the final boss, and then when i got him to his second phase he just skipped the phase fell over and died

First time i played DMC3 is was so shit at it i killed cerberus with pretty much pistol only
My second playthrough i annihilated him with combos and had a "I just got gud" moment

You're a faggot then again I did the same thing, so I can't really complain

Grandmaster on hard mode was the toughest boss i've ever faced in any video game ever. Now i'm doing a normal mode kick me sign run and i rue the day when i have to face him again on hard.

If you like Undertale, I filter you.
It's a casual filter.

Those fucking fags that double team you on the third day are the worst boss in that game.

Fuck this entire stage.

After Montignac in Operation Flashpoint/Arma: Cold War Assault

>you get captured in the end, then have to work with resistance
All in all, it's pretty much the true first level of the game, the ones before it were more or less tutorials.

Don't forget these guys in the original

The Batomys and Selvaria weren't that tough if you weren't Scout Rushing.
I personally spammed Lancers and my Saucy Irish Sniper Waifu and only had a problem during that damn Train Battle when that fucker suddenly paused the game and issued a fucking command BETOLD GREGOR COMMANDS YOU.

Anyway.
Tower Knight aka the Cashew Smasher.

What'd they do with Dragon's Dogma? If you mean the MMO, that's not as bad as giving Dead Rising off to a bunch of Vancouver hipsters or anything that Inafune did in his last years for that matter.

I learnt this playing snes dragon ball games.

I learned my lesson, I'm not a poorfag but I hate when companies fuck me over like this. And I hate myself for believing their little sob story on the website about "how they needed their fans".

Fuck you Tecmo.

It still hurts. Capcom has gone to shit but at least they're not Konami.

There's really no such thing as a consistently great company these days. Look at Capcom, Codemasters, and Sega for example. They are still able to bring out top notch gems (Dragon's Dogma, Dirt Rally, and Yakuza respectively), yet they are more than capable of also bringing you awful choices (Capcom Vancouver after DR2/DmC, Operation Flashpoint: Red River, and half of the Sonic series). The only "perfect" devs are the ones that release sporadically, make very few games, or are already gone.

This game was impossible to PUG even dungeons, so I had to give up.

But thats not how you do it. You keep on trying like an autist so you can tell people to git gud if you beat them.

Last Virgil was super hard for me. More so than that fucker Arkham.
I had more trouble with Virgil than any Ninja Gaiden boss.

Nevan was a cunt until you worked out the pattern however.

sure when you play later on but my god did I hate them at first

this guy. he's the games tutorial.
though I beat him second time at the end.

I also did this

Play Vanilla Tri.

Barroth was nerfed to hell and back in 3U.

His signature move was doing his charge, but then spinning around before YOU could spin around and running your ass over.

He was notorious for the 3 hit fuck you:

As well as the fact that even for vets, he is a Brute Wyvern, a class that never existed until then and is known for it's legendary durability and aggression that makes tigrex look like a kitten.

When I was playing 3U, it seemed that Duramboros was the casual filter as that was what most people seemed to be hung up on, and I can see why.

>the fucking game has a trophy for watching the cinematic 5 times
FUCK doing that game on the hardest difficulty.

mime of war is fucking worth it though

Uhn?It only has some difficulty if you're going for tail mine+break, and even then it's really not that hard

No, it's not hard I beat him first try, but we're talking about Casual filter. i saw a bunch of casual who freely swapped between weapons (IE: no upgrading) and just couldn't "figure out" what they were doing wrong while fighting Duramboros.

Is this game good? I've been looking for more Turn based tactics games and I've played my fair share of XCOM, X-COMLW, JA2 and Invisible Inc

Duramboros?
More like Duramboring.

But Duram is so fucking late into the game man, casuals probably drop it before reaching it.
I'd say that even with the nerfs, the casual filters of third gen are either Barroth or Quoropeco.

Friendly reminder that we are talking about casual filters here and not "hardest enemies/bosses"

any 4x game that is NOT by Maxis/EA

What better example than this?

It does cc to casuals who can't dodge and is very aggressive.

People who can't deal with an aggressive monster get run over, but he's not that hard.

Brachydios wasn't that hard for me either, but it was a very fun fight.

His cool design keep em trying though.

Now i would say the ESCAPE sequence after the Elephant guy is a bigger one, come early and the casuals get curved balled by it and probably get smashed right away and lose motivation after they realize that failing that mission leaves em without the additional weapons.

I enjoyed Duramboros.

Red = Mine
Green = Safe

Doubles man is right. Go expert or go home.

You missed one

Thanks user.

But your wrong.

*you're

I learned it from diablo 1. Those fucking wells that give you back 1 mana/hp out of hundreds.

The game is easy street until you meet Kazuma and then must learn to block or die.

Oh really? The 1's in the upper corner are close 1 tile away from the allready obvious mine and one tile away from the spot I marked.
So no. No mine there.

He is right, see circled "1"s.

*your're are

waifu a shit

Those are indicating the mine on the right. They would be 2s if there was another mine on the left

Exactly, that is why he marked it as a safe move.

Now for an actual minesweeper casual filter.

Try this

Read the thread again retard.

Already dead I'm afraid.

RIP in peace user

Missed almost the entire left side you mean??

Then fill it out…

Try this one for size.

Got to love those ones.

It's the best and most challenging fight in that game, which is depressing because it's so early.
I love Kiryu. Laughed so fucking hard at my friend getting bootyblasted by that fight.

If you disregard the ranking system it's fantastic.

If you're the kind of guy who has to A Rank every stage you're in for a very dull experience.

Danmaku is the ultimate.

checked

If you play on consoles you are basically a braindead person for me

The ultimate casual filter.

Don't forget the Underground parking lot mission in the first game, shit was fucking retarded

Most danmaku games are easier than just straight shoot-em-ups

the first stage is a casual filter because its pushing me away from playing it, its just door after door after door after pit, i die mostly to the pits, i've only been killed like 5 times by emenies and 1 time by a miniboss

First time I played the game I only had one continue that didn't come from Kazuma.

No, they just require different skills.

What about if they answer:
or

Right, lower skills.

The best casual filters are games that are a pain in the ass to run on modern operating systems. Not that the games themselves are that difficult, but the work necessary to get them in a stable and working condition is the real challenge.

The beauty of Barroth is that if he's mad, he will never, ever slow down. He's got a similar Rage style to Rajang: get poked once and he will never ever stop attacking until he's panting 25 minutes later. Most newbies don't know how to deal with a monster that has no brakes.

If you can't even parry in this game just forget about playing games altogether because you are inept.

everytime

It-it's not like it took me two hours to do this or anything, I j-just started reading this thread. I swear.

Damn it, getting something like that at the end of an expert game is the worst.

Every expert game is guaranteed to have the 50:50 split

fun fact, in TvC Doronjo and crew has a color palette for conchita and crew

The more you know

No you fool. The three to the left of 2 are 100% mine free since the final 4 must be in either of the two free spots above it and the 2 touches them fulfilling the 2.

Talking about here

Open up one of the ones on the bottom. The top four will never give you any useful information if you open the right one. However, if you successfully open a free space from the bottom, it could tell you that the middle two spaces are both empty or both mines, in which case you win. It could also tell you that the middle has 1 mine in it, in which case you'll have to get one more 50/50 right, which is better than having to get 3 right if you go for the top part first.

Look at the 3 and 1 above the four.

I was giving tips to this guy . Already found a move here . The green in the circle are 100% clear.

I'm not even a soulsfag, but the amount of salt this thing made from casuals was amazing.

Casual.

The only souls game I played before 3 was bloodborne and I thought this guy was pathetically easy. Didn't die a single time.

People to this day are still having trouble with him apparently.

How, every single attack is telegraphed so heavily. Once he transforms he gets a fair bit more threatening but you should have drained most of his health while he was transforming

Untranslated games.

I blame this one corridor for why I was so fucked up as a kid.

Can someone tell me how to git gud at this game? I've given it more shots than Jay Lethal but can't wrap my brain around the defensive mechanics.

Don't you have full fall control in Shinobi? Can't you walk of the edge and immediately stop, then jump straight up and, at the apex, press right and fall forward through the opening in the bamboo?

Yup.

1cc arcade Gradius is harder than this.

That was the last stage I actually beat 100% without needing to look up a guide or anything, using nothing but my own tactics and luck.

The stages after it became increasingly more retarded bullshit where the only way to win was to know where all the enemy spawns were and position shit behind them beforehand so you could kill all their tanks after the spawn event triggers.

Agni & Rudra was so much harder than it needed to be because of how frustrating the camera could be.

What's even the point of teaming up with Virgil if they're just going to take away all your special abilities. I can sort of understand taking away Style skills so you can call him over to you, but there's no logical reason not to let you use Devil Trigger. It'd be even cooler if Vergil automatically uses DT whenever you do. Sure it'd make the fight too easy, but what's the point of teamwork if it makes things harder?