ARPG General: Dancing Bones edition

Last thread's on page 15 and people are asking where the new thread is, so here we are.

I find it really coincidental that last week I was whining about how many ARPGs would really benefit from some kind of arena mode, and lo and behold, Grim Dawn came out with some arena DLC yesterday.
For anyone who has it, how far have you gotten in it? Any guesses as to how much content there is?

PoEfags are discouraged from posting. :^)

Other urls found in this thread:

gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/7996-Markovian's-Platemail
gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/8257-Markovian's-Vanguard
gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/7927-Colossal-Grasp
gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/8229-Thornhide-Legguards
gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/8011-Golemborn-Greaves
gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/7864-Open-Hand-of-Mercy
gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/7865-Closed-Fist-of-Vengeance
gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/7791-Markovian's-Distinction
gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/8206-Hammerfall-Girdle
gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/2949-Reckoning
gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/8508-Black-Scourge
grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Hand_of_Sanar'Siin
grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Omen
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter
nexusmods.com/grimdawn/mods/3/?
grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Mechanics
grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_Types
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I just cleared act 1 on hardcore veteran for the second time.
This time I tried to go for a pet build, which has actually been pretty good. The hellhound is okay, but my briarthorn is smacking demons for 1000 damage and shitting out eagles everywhere. I've got Devouring Swarm mostly as a backup, it's good, but it's not as useful as it was 10 levels ago and I get the feeling it's only going to fall off further.
I wish I had better blues, though.

Action RPG is a degenerated name given to Computer RPG games. Either use Computer or shut the fuck up.

I think most people consider CRPGs to be something like Baulder's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, Arcanum etc. ARPG is just a synonym for Diablo-clone

You have no fucking clue what CRPGs are. Kill yourself

Torchlight 2 is on sale at GOG, $4

Man, I'm just going off what the last thread was called.

If anybody thinks about trying Torchlight 2, make sure to play it with Synergies mod. It's boring as fuck otherwise

Do you get anything out of completing the gaem on HC other than ;lol achivemeint?

Was Torchlight 1 any good? I remember playing it a bit ages ago but think i only got to level 20 or something because it started to get tedious and none of the classes 'clicked'.

The satisfaction of making a character with one life?

Torchlight 2 is pretty good, if you arent sure just pirate and buy it later

Yeah i've played it through once, co-op'd with a friend and played that engi/alchemist whatever it was and it was okay/5 atleast.

After i've finished with Grim Dawn i might go and replay TL2 after checking out 1 again.

Why is POE so bad?

Because they balance the game to maximize skinner box effect to keep people playing

It's designed around playing with other people.
I hope you like grinding for drops and begging for scraps.

Mostly because if you're not willing to go full jew and run a shop all the time you are basically fucked selfound fags deserve it :^)

But to run a shop, don't you have to pay for a premium stash? And to have a place to keep all your currency, don't you need a Currency stash?

Basically, GGG are forcing everyone to buy stashes or lose.

Nigga what the hell are you talking about?, you can use acqusisiton and 1 of the four basic stash tabs to sell stuff, yeah you will never be one of those guys exchanging hundreds of chaos but in order to get currency for several builds its more than enough

repostan.

First time I even came close to death fighting Alkamos.

Also managed to get a weapon better than a level 23 one.

However I'm wondering where I should go now ? I assume I need level up other classes to get some more buffs/debuffs or passives.

I have been leveling Soldier exclusively.

what the fuck are you talking about

It is piss easy to store currency because it stacks so high, and buying premium tabs is literally just more space that you can label. Most people don't even need that space, and I only used my premium stash tabs for sorting out my skill gems.

You barely need even one, you GET four for free.

And, let's be honest, you don't need that great gear to get through the first difficulty.

You need a lot more stash tabs than 4

Hows Diablo 3 doing?

Are you a very highly skilled necro?

Holy fuck Grim Dawn is made by the former Titan Quest devs, fuck sign me up.

Suffers from the same thing TQ did too as in all gear looking the same or just ass.

Nevermind I watched some videos and realized I can't fucking enjoy Diablo 3 anymore.

what the fuck are you carrying so much shit around for? Gear takes up eight slots at most. And you'd only hold on to it if you're carrying a Unique for a speficic character, or perhaps crafting an item. There's no need for a whole tab for it, maybe half of one.

takes up less than a third of a single stash tab. And that's being generous, with more than a full stack of /each currency type/.

See currency

Dude, three of my four tabs are for this, but I could stick them all in one tab with plenty of room assuming there was some profitable way to get rid of dupes.

But I like looking like a magical grimdark hobo…

I have 3 tabs filled with maps, and only one of them has shitty low level maps, and gear for selling obviously, anything worth more than 5c

Fits my pyromancer gunslinger who can't see shit.

Why aren't you selling them, running them, or trashing them? WHy are you hoarding them? The only thing you really need to hold on to is gems and currency, maybe uniques.

I seriously cannot think of any situation where a whole stash tab of maps would be useful.

You need a big stash to be successful in PoE.

I have a fuck ton of hours in that game and can speak from experience.

However you are not required to buy stash even though I eventually did because you can just make another account get it to level 20 so it can trade and then you have "infinite" storage space.

Because of the way the gear in that game is dropped you basically are required to trade.

Fuking Alkamos
That guy is just a plain old asshole

I found funny how most people complain about trading and cash shop stuff while ignoring PoE true problems like skill gem imbalance, ascendancy power creep, end game rng gating, just shows you how little have they actually played the game

Granted, most of these issues are in the end game. The first two difficulties are fine, balanced, and playable without trading. If by success you mean beating Hardcore all three difficulties and the unique map bosses, then maybe you'll need to do some trading and shit, but really, that's meant to be a challenge for a small subset of the community.

Has PoE changed significantly within the last four years? Last time I played I think they only had an act or two, or whatever the equivalent was.

The game's pretty much content complete now.

Three acts, three difficulties. There is also resetting leagues every month or so? Not sure on this, but they have neat little tweaks to the gameplay.

There's an assload more shit since you played. Give it a shot.

The game has four acts now, they have added a ton new skill gems (and in process made obsolete others) also ascendacy added a lot of power creep, hell this last league I was crushing Uber labyrinth (where you get your ascendancy stuff) in a fucking four link, one of the most "difficult" content and thanks to ascendancy I was cruising in it has if it was a low level map
Supposedly this next expansion focus on endgame content aka mapping but there next to zero information about it for now, except the "leaked" name I would wait for the expac to try it again

Isnt that how most fights are on arpgs?
I'm playing Demo and even though im on normal some of these more bossy monsters are starting to hit quite heavily so i just run in circles over some object while lobbing grenadios~ whenever cooldown omits that.

That's even how it goes with melee character. You smack them until you pop a potion and run around for a bit and repeat.

You cant imagine how hard to kill Nemesis Electro Reanimator who teleports to you with one hit AoE, swaps you with him or rape your ass with 12k damage storm bolt every 8 sec.

That was a fucking glorious fight.

Ayy now you can unlearn blitz because you just gained sanic strike.

I fought alkamos as a rioter (burning based demo/arcanist tossing molotov and flashbangs). Was the easiest alkamos fight ever for me.

You got to let us see your skill screen and what your aim is before any user would advise you on what to do.

Only if you have been running around with no circuit breakers and expect to be successful at facetanking

Why? PoE is objectively the best ARPG.

No you can do it with free third party software like Acquisition, always been possible. You price the stuff in Acq then it uploads it to the forums and poe.trade

Premium stash tabs only let you price in game, but theres no difference, since you can alternatively just alt tab to desktop and price from there.

No, you don't. You can put currency in any stash tab you want.

Why do people who know nothing about PoE talk shit about PoE, spreading falsehoods like that? Maybe try the game first.

Says another person who hasn't played the game in years?
The game has four acts, tons of new end game content like the most recent addition, the Labyrinth.

I cannot agree to this when PoE doesn't have offline SP

So max out both masteries on GD yay or nay?

Not quite neccessary but depends on you really on how your build is. One of the best tank builds only have 75 points of 100 in masteries

Do you need one of the final skills?
That should answer your question.

What's so difficult about understanding it? It's the way trading first came to the game, players made third party programs that let you price your stuff and then uploads it to poe.trade, which is the website where you can see what everyone is selling.

This is the way majority of players do their trading.

The premium stash tab pricing was put in by the devs only a few months ago, and only thing it does is saves you a few seconds as it lets you price items in game. I play in borderless windowed mode so alt tabbing to Acquisition takes literally 1 second.

No idea, im playing Demo/Soldier and allready maxed Demo because that's what im focusing on but Soldier has that Oleron's in the end which sounds decent enough atleast.

Nigger unless you're playing explosive based commando, no real reason for you to max demo other than for ulzuin's chosen. Now show us your skills and we may be able to see what you should be doing

It's my first time playing so i dont know anything, 4 points on soldier.

Do you have any idea what you want to do with your build yet? I can still see tough ass commando rifleman or explosive based tough caster for your build

Which game is best
Titan Quest
PoE
Grim Dawn?

Just throwing as much explosives as possible is my goal.
I was mostly wondering if i let Soldier at say 25points at most that will i still have enough stats to equip gear? I've been spreading my statpoints evenly for so far.

You're under the impression I don't understand it.
I understand it. I just think it's shit.

As much as I love TQ, even with Soulvizier, it's still not as good as Grim Dawn.
Unless you want a pet build. You can have well over a dozen critters running around in modded TQ, some permanent, some not. I will refrain from talking about PoE since I lack a lot of information, but I think the trading aspect damages the game. Maybe it's just not for me and someone who enjoys that social aspect will find it more fun.

Also

I would recommend a restart user, here's the breakdown on what stat does what

Physique - health, defence ability, +physical damage %, +internal trauma damage %

Cunning - defense rating, + piercing damage %, + bleeding damage %

Spirit - energy, + elemental magic damage % , + elemental DoT%

You're free to think so. All the countless people addicted to PoE think it's great. Trading is very fun and addicting, I love getting rich in the game by selling stuff I find, then buying insane gear with the currency I've made.

That's an aspect of TF2 I never got into, back when I played it. My friend was super into that sort of thing, and incidentally, he's the one I played PoE with.

Well shit, it cant be too late as im only lvl 25?
Where should i put those points?

Im reading some topics on GD forums and some people say best way is to stack up Phys because endgame/harder modes and some say to just put stats point when you need some to equip new gear and that jazz.

You can just respec your skills. Those 50 mastery points can't go away, but on the bright side, now you never have to worry about leveling it up again.

He's allocated his stat points though.

Depends on what type of build you like to do. Melee, ranged or explosives while you run around kiting?

I mean cunning ups offense rating, not defense

He's got 19 skill points he can take back.

Explos obviously with ranged if there ever is room to stop and shoot at anything from running in circles.

To clarify im at lvl 25 with 8 8 8 points spent on the stats as in even distribution.

He invested his stat points, all 25 points of it. He can't take those back and there's only 88 of those

Stat points, duh.
He didn't fuck them up that badly, I bet.

Then you should be going physical + spirit.

You'll need to focus on one of the offense skills first so that your damage can scale up to the enemy's level. Get at least one level of flashbang for debuffing

Also do read your skill decriptions. The firestrike morph for example only works for melee or two handed range, so take that out if you don't intend on going rifle. From there, you can choose which offense you want to up (i'l recommend grenado, canister bomb and mortar since you already have 50 demo) and take up ulzuin's chosen as it have a chance to deduct the cooldown for the three listed skill

Im going to try and focus on things that improve physical and bleeding damage.

I think Nightblade seems to be the best option.
Nightblade seems to have a lot of bleeding modifiers.

And in Devotions i'm trying to get Blind Fury and I already have Falcon Swoop on Forcewave.

What's that you've got on your left click?

That's the move only

Yeah if you're looking for a single player experience, PoE is not your thing.

It definitely has the best multiplayer content of any ARPGs I will say. Also I prefer a lot of other things about it over other ARPGs. For example that currency is all the different types of consumable items that players actually need and use, and not some virtual gold coins that don't have any real value or use.

Also the gem system is really cool, how you can socket and combine active and passive skills in so many countless ways.

Check the skills. Iirc shaman and nightblade bleed bonuses from passives don't apply to forcewave. If i were you i would focus on getting oleron's rage first since you wouldn't meet something that puts you on defense for a while. Lvl 1 in warcry should be enough unless you're doing something i'm not expecting with it. Field command should be kept at lvl 1 but the second skill it has should be maxed for attack speed (check whether morphed forcewave uses casting speed or attack speed) and do you really need to overlevel fighting spirit?

Now onto second classes, shaman gives you - bleed resist debuff and life leach from throwing bugs, slow and chance to freeze from aoe vines and have the best buff for health, regen and retaliation damage. Nightblade gives you on demand healing with increased attack speed, another skill to lock you up on pure reflect when you proc menhir's will and need to hide. Both are useful depending on your playstyle.

Another possible is occultist. With occultist, you have possessed which directly increases bleeding damage and not to mention bloody pox, which is a bloody fun skill to build around.

Yeah i guess i'l do like that.
I probably dont need to worry about not being able to equip the items that require high cunning/spirit as looking at the reqs on item-db the highest regs for items with those seem to be under or around 500 but phys reqs are almost at 900 on some items so better just dump most on phys?

Grim Dawn gets boring after like 1 and a half hours.

More ARPGs could use fishing minigames.

Going physique + spirit means you have no problem equipping shields and high level jewelry.

You could potentially stick with pistols or melee but i dont think your contribution would mean a lot after you buffed your skills

Ew, im not a masochist!

You're holding the weapon for the damage bonuses silly. With physique and spirit you can essentially hold everything except high level rifles and pistols and since you will be planting mines and tossing nades, you'll want all the bonus damage you can get from your equipment

Oooh, riiight… i knew that! (;´3`)

I hope you have a vagina

boypus… nah, that's fucking gay. My dirtpipe is exit only! ( `o´)/

I sick at making builds, I always get like 3 skills in and then worry I fucked it up
what's a good TQ build? I like to solo

You suck at typing too.

I just beat the Warden in my first time playing Grim Dawn. When that music kicked in I got pretty hyped, it's pretty good

Dream+nature

i dont understand why everyone hates Poe, it has a LOT of content and it's free, and just a bit p2w if you call stash tabs that, how's grim dawn, worth buying?

Does Grim Dawn start off as slow as Titan Quest?

No, it's pretty quick levelling for the first 20 levels or so.

No offline mode
latency

I know nature is like wolf summoning and heals, what does dream do?

Status debuffs IIRC

Never had your error before user, good luck

Thanks Dark Souls 2

This nigger gets it. I love this game to bits and I'm playing through Undiscovered realms now.

…o-ok

Also having a 100% way of getting my pets into sanic mode it's pretty useful, I think it's worth the 1 point in doom bolt

Definitely worth it

Well PoE is built around the multiplayer, and the multiplayer content is amazing. It wouldn't be as fun offline. Also you're obviously not going to have latency problems if you play on the server closest to you.

Sounds like you're just really bad at the game. But hows that excuse an argument against PoE? I can easily make a few hundred chaos and several exalts in a couple weeks by trading, then buy the gear I need.

You're simply wrong if you think the game requires thousands of hours of grinding to get the best gear.

You're underestimating how little shit our sole ISP gives to my people when it comes to latency to even the country right next door.

MAGNET FOR GRIMDOG WITH NEW DLC
ITS GOG VERSION
f86fee90023c80a77211afd531b7267b7312ce40

When does the new PoE expansion thing come out?

My retaliation tank coming along nicely. Shit's going to get crazy once I max out Menhir's Bulwark

Use the soldier cleave with bleed and then use the curse that lowers bleed resist

16 points into shaman's devouring swarm may be better. It does same -50 resist debuff but has a constant bleed damage that scales according to your bonus bleed.

I guess, some countries just have shit ISPs. I'm able to consistently play PoE with 40-50 ms at all times.

But really, for those others who keep repeating the argument that "you can't get the gear you need for a build without tons of grinding" is just wrong.
You just won't get the gear as drops most likely. But you can easily get it, and fast, if you know how to trade efficiently. PoE endgame is like 30% trading and 70% doing maps. You have to put time into trading, but once you do you will see thousands of chaos orbs and dozens of exalts coming to you.

Patrician passing through. Don't mind me.

(checked)
I'll mind whatever I please, thank you very much.

I had no idea picking the second class would lock it in for good and I am currently running Shaman/Soldier myself focusing on melee DPS and self aura. I've been thinking of respeccing though but I don't know what other things the combination can do other than that and retaliation.

Keep in mind that a fair amount of us who play these games prefer to autistically grind characters by ourselves for 100 hours at a time. So those people aren't going to like PoE very much. Then you've got people who would like it, but they have shitty internet, so they can barely play the game.
Those two are some rather large barriers to get over.

Picking a second class can be undone unless you have put points into the mastery.

You can still go warcry warder with warcry, lightning totem and wind devil . Get menhir's will, modrogen's pact and the passives in the soldier tree to make one hell of a tough caster that can reduce hp by percentage while you kite around and summon totems and spirits.

Shaman is a great combo with warrior

Well, that's what I do in PoE. I just grind alone for hundreds of hours, selling all the good shit I find and buying insane gear with the currency orbs I made from selling them to other players. I love that.

Especially since very end game content requires that insane gear pretty much, like Uber Atziri requires some heavy min maxing.

I mean, if you were under the impression that you HAVE to co-op in PoE to succeed, that's just plain wrong. I practically never do it.
You just have to be online to play the game, and trading with other players is necessary. Farming with them? Not necessary, and might even slow down your farming speed.

I don't have the internet for that, no thanks.

Aw shit, comfy thread.

ARPG is my fave genre. I've played Diablo 2 many times, but never got that far into it. I might as well start a new file.

Paladin or Necro?

The one that you can play as a cute grill/strong womyn :33 *teehee~*

serious question, are Dungeon Siege 1-2 games ARPG's or on the fence?

They definitely scratch the same itch

Yeah I understand. Shame that that makes PoE impossible for many, because a lot of its aspects are really exciting, like the currency actually being consumable items that you need for crafting etc. Every time you're crafting orbs onto your gear it feels like you're betting tons on the roulette at the casino or something - might make your gear worth thousand times more than before, might ruin it.

Which is why you need a steady income of currency through trading, another part I really like. Nothing quite as fun as selling an item worth maybe 20 chaos, for 40 chaos.

But I understand, a lot of ARPG players probably don't want to interact with other players at all.

they're ARPGs where you get 8 characters (6 in 2) and beat the shit out of everything as a roving gang

I loved those games as a teen, wondered why they're never talked much about here though i can probably see why as there's not much to go all autist on them.

What should I do ?

Kill her or spare her ?

Also, where the fuck is this entrance to underneath Fort Ikon ?
I have been walking around trying to find it for a good 30 minutes.
I just want to help out my Kymon Chosen.

Is there any benefit to killing her?

I hope you're a very rangy caster or you'll get ass raped soon with hp like that

Really ?

I have been steamrolling everything so far.

I clicked Veteran at the begging.

How the hell can you tell if its on or not ?

It doesn't say Veteran in the corner of your screen.
you casual

back on now nigger

Gee, user, how come your devotion altars let you have TWO blues?

this game has been shitting out epics for me

i played it pirate up to level 35 and I think i got two.

i have had too many to count on this character after buying the game, pay to win garbage tbh

user did you know how long it took me to farm that set so that i could start my tank build?

There's thing that hit tank builds for 7k in one hit. Better hope you dont meet them

I'm really glad this game made me start playing ARPGs in hardcore mode, if they let me. It's a very different approach to how you play, at least for me. Teaches you a lot of awareness.

To me, it started boring and went on to become the only ARPG which I completed on all three difficulties.

Even Diablo II kept losing hold of my attention halfway through Hell.
It's mostly because I'm an autistic spaz who has to 100% the whole map and it's a hell of a lot more pleasant in comfy areas with actual level design as opposed to lifeless randomly generated maps.

W H O?

I'm a glass cannon and according to the in-game data, the most I got hit for is 6k.
Is it some sort of barrage attack? Does it come with insane damage over time?

The hidden boss in the hidden path (the mad queen) does piercing damage like a shotgun. My caster died when i got careless that way.

On the 7k i am not too sure. It was written by a person who made a tank build citing why he needed 25k health, citing that menhir's will would otherwise fail to proc and he would just be plain dead

It's the same for me too. I think it is because all builds start out the same for the first 25 levels or so (max out low level dps skill for levelling, respec later). Once you get the build rolling however, you basically go IAmAFuckingGod.jpg

thanks bby

R.I.P Ulgrim

You fuckers scared the hell out of me so I just pumped up my HP as much as possible.

This boss only got hectic when he summoned the two heroes and his tenactles at the same time.
Over all pretty easy. Sure as hell beats having to deal with Malachai in PoE

PoE is extraordinarily pleasant at times. It's a shame GGG is full of antifun hacks.

It depends on builds, some builds have a hell of a time handling veteran loggy, note that most of our hp fearmongering comes from playing elite/ultimate

Fucking hell, the Crucible is crazy.

It's the first thing in the game to make my toaster cry.

I heard that the Mad Queen spike shotgun does percentage damage, so it wouldn't be 7k on non-tanks.

No it's percentage + static and then bleed. I should know, my caster character of 4.5k hp got one shotted by it

Thanks quest tracker from Wow

This is actually a quirk of steam and not any individual game. The reason it does this is so that if there are any errors the original file is still playable and it will copy it over once the update is finished

enjoying pillars right now. pretty stupid fanbase but an alright game. The story is kinda confusing though. Its like gods aren't real but these beings are so powerful that they might as well be gods and souls are real too, and the gods are keeping souls from re entering human bodies in the wheel of life which is causing babies to be born without souls.
This is me explaining it to the best of my abilities. I mostly just like the combat a lot.

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but I don't think you're in the right thread.

Sold some TF2 items and got enough funbucks to buy the DLC, well that went better than I expected

What the fuck are you talking about? Self found builds are all the rage. Hell, my firestorm witch runs around on a cheap ass five link with doryani's invitation and catalyst and runs through to T12 maps and Atziri, cheapest character I've made and probably the most effective.

Also, premium tabs for selling are trash because hardly anyone buys your shit on poetrade in the first place. If you're actually paying attention to all the rares that proc in act 2 Merc and beyond you use the tabs you get for chaos vendor recipes. I get about 5 chaos every map clear before raw currency drops.

tl;dr, if you think premium tabs are necessary you're shit at the game.

I think you can't really say your experience is, you know, applicable? That's like going "well I self found a shav's so self found is totally easy and applicable"
gear rolls have far far far too much influence on late game. Which I get they're trying to force the whole "trade with people dude" thing.
On that note seriously how the fuck did i piss off RNGesus so bad in that game, I haven't gotten a rare glove drop in fucking 2 weeks.

This would be the case if:
-Building a character wasn't a fucking chore and a nightmare (cuz god fucking forbid you fuck up with item drops being very low).
-Acts 3 and 4 weren't complete shit (fuck act 3).
-Most builds were actually fun, and the characters were likable or memorable.
-Crafting didn't suck ass, and trying to get items for said crafting and min-maxing stats/gear wasn't a fucking bitch.
-And lolSocialJustice bullshit wasn't all over the game (besides the orb changes no one gives a shit about).
-You need to buy your levels and shit to fully max a character.

-Oh yea, and level designs weren't complete ass.

Doryani's was from Atziri, they're only like a cahos, 5 at most if they're good rolls

**Chaos, whoa I'm tired

that ain't self found at that point.

er let me rephrase that, saying it's only worth 5 C if you buy, it defeats the whole "self found" aspect.

And let me rephrase what I mean, I was running T12s and Atziri's before that.

I don't know how I'd fair beyond because my map drop rate's not very good

You're lucky enough to be able to run T12s and atziri, most self found builds teter out at the "go farm dried lake and T3s until RNG blesses you with a non shit roll"

Those are shit self found guides man. The firestorm one I was following actually just gave a basis of what I need on gear with flexibility, and the emphasis that getting a good 5 link would be easier

probably the most expensive thing is when 5-6 slot chests started dropping I kept to a high enough ilevel and crafted on that. Having a good loot filter really helps out too

No I'm serious, you need at least a passable roll, which if RNG hates you because PoE's endgame is 100% gearbased more than anything else, you just get screwed over.
Happens more often than not with self found.

Eh, it is a bit extreme I do agree with you, I think it was said that crafting your own will always be more expensive than buying from someone else but it really all requires on the build too. The ones I've seen actually go with only really needing about 40 to resistances on your gear to be comfortable, leaving even more flexibility to rolls. Life rolls are by far the worst though

I still think it's really cheap that chaos resistance is so hard to get to on the tree as well as on gear, we should have more options than like 3 nodes and Chaos Inoculation

sometimes getting 40 resistance is more than RNG will allow.
I remember my first self found this league got fucked by rings hard.
Seriously I think the highest I got was the innate on a ruby ring.
That entire character was cursed by RNG fuckery though.
I found a single chaos up until act 4 merc

So any anons killed modrogen yet?

My guy got past lvl 35, allowing a lot of goodies (1 shard of menhir, 2 lifebloom rings, 1 fortress artifact and combat medic's mark) to be equipped. My build now has on demand healing for free every 6 seconds.

Give me a titanquest build, I'm doing another run with some buddies

Whichever combination gives you the most speed for gotta go fast and piss your buddies off with it.

Tried Grim Dawn multiplayer today, all lobbies were filled with toxic people, sigh

isn't it better than no people at all?

good bait

hook line, sinker :^)

Is this bait? Like a joke, that someone suggested PoE for you and you accidentally went for Pillars of Eternity instead of Path of Exile?

I don't get what you mean. It isn't a chore and a nightmare. I've never failed at making the kind of build I planned on making. What do you evne mean "fuck up with item drops being very low"? Just sell shit and buy the ones you need.

Who cares, end game maps are where the game really begins

They are, I've tried a lot of other ARPGs and none of them have as fun builds as PoE

Who cares about the fucking story or the NPCs, it's an ARPG, just do dungeons super fast

It's the most addicting and exciting crafting system in any ARPG

It's not though

What do you mean? Is this about NPC dialogue or something? Why have you even listened to or read their dialogue, there's no time. This is why you're so bad at making builds, you're wasting time on the story.

No you don't. You can get to 100 with your own map drops, just do rotas.

Sounds like all your criticism of PoE is "I am bad at the game and therefore it sucks!". None of your complains apply any longer if you just get good at the game.

Also
Hello Reddit

I don't think you understand him. How is having a Doryani's not common for a self found? Just farm Atziri. It's not even that rare of a drop from her because she has a guaranteed unique drop.

Ah yes the patented PoE defense squad comes out in force!

Crafting sucks ass, it's just gambling.
I too can't wait to blow items for a chance to get nothing, Maybe I'll even end up worse than I started! What a thrill!

Endgame maps are just "have good equipment" which the RNG as bloated with bad mods as it is, makes it a pain in the ass.
Not to mention the DPS bloat since Ascension got put in 250K plus for a "high dps build"

No one's claiming the game is hard, what people are claiming is the amount of grind is obscene. It's not even a fun grind once you get to that because your progress is 100% rng dependent. That late (~60) you're pretty much done build wise, you have your main keynodes, the only thing you're missing is 1/2 ascendancy nodes, and either a couple %damage nodes or %health nodes. So levels won't help much when you're getting one shotted by everything because the game requires that you have %mitigation and flat +mitigation. Alternatively you can just roll with getting one shot and use an OP as fuck and expensive build to attempt to 1 shot bosses, unfortunately you're trading the mitigation for damage rolls, and still have to pray to the awful RNG god.
That's why people don't like PoE, it just is mindless grinding as soon as you hit the endgame. There's no progression until RNG favors you, and before you say "oh you can do like T7 maps with shit gear" good luck getting those to drop if the RNG hates you.

Why would taking time to read dialogue take time away from spending stat points? That makes no sense.

Lol. How is it a PoE defense force if someone is simply blatantly wrong about PoE, and gets corrected on their bullshit and lies?

Crafting is great, the gambling aspect is done well, it's not like you won't have enough materials. Unless, of course you spend all your time crying on Holla Forums instead of farming currency?

Yes, it is a thrill, because you also stand to make your item worth hundreds of times more. It's pretty rare to ruin your gear anyway though.

You know you can reroll the modifiers, right?

You're also fucking retarded if you think ordinary Atziri is hard and out of reach for the majority of players. She's not hard, only Uber is.

What are you talking about? He was obviously paying attention to the story and wasting time on listening to all the NPC dialogue since he was complaining about that. There is like 5 times more optional NPC dialogue in the game than the necessary ones you have to skim over to get the quests.
If he was actually using his time in the game on farming, he would be doing fine on the way to getting his build done.

Looks like Grim Dawn cucks are triggered once again that PoE is more popular because it is simply far better.

But that makes no sense. How much time does it take you to read a paragraph of fan-fic tier meme garbage. How does taking 30 seconds to read some paragraphs mean he has to farm less? Maybe he just doesn't like ARPGs that require you to farm because he prefers ARPGs that don't suck.
Honestly, by the way you've been describing it, it sounds like this game sucks.

Well everything in the game is voice acted, so I assumed he actually listened to the dialogue, which will take time.

No, it is definitely objectively the best ARPG currently. It has some negatives, like the uninteresting NPCs and plot. But my point is, no player in the game seems to mind, neither do I, because the gameplay is so damn fun.

Except for the people constantly complaining about the horrible lag, mitigation focused endgame, and all those other complaints, but they're not true PoE players!

oh arpgs

aka action games for retards that cant handle skillz so they need grinding to make the games baby easy

rpg is cancer kiddos

wtf i hate rpgs now

I am now lvl 40. My retaliation is at 10k and will only go higher. My reflection of 25% is a bit weak at the moment though.

fucking kill yourself retard

Alright, The Crucible is a significantly greater burden on my toaster than anything in the actual campaign.

Gonna put it on hold until I get better /g/uts and level my other characters instead.

Apparently some unlucky bastard took much more than 10k.

So why shaman as your second skillset?

Wendigo totem heals for 5%+ 500 every 0.5 seconds (that's 2k per second at my current hp) at lvl 12, modrogen's pact is just there for the later skills and procs (will max it if it looks good for it later), heart of the wild decreases common DoT by 25% straight up and has the largest health % bonus of any skill in the game. Oak skin at 10 instantly gives you 36% pierce resistance, 100% retaliation and 25% health regen.

I see, I completely forgot that bottom row existed for shaman

Tank way best way. Here is my max level build. its kinda tinkered together tho because it was my bleed build before i converted it.

Oh and devouring swarm is a really good levelling skill. I maxed it out from the first level and basically used it to kill everything until I have my shit sorted out. Then I refunded it for all 16 points to bump the soldier tree.

Holy shit how much bonus retaliation is that?

i have like 26k retaliation, the mobs in Ultimate just have a shitton of defense

Also the best Boss to farm legendarys for with this Build is the Swarmqueen bitch, jsut put yourself in front of her and take a shit or something, she basically kills herself

I'm been told it's possible for retaliation builds to reach 100k damage. Post your items?

Yea dunno probably not with Warder. Maybe Soldier+Nightdude can do that.
Thing is i basically lost all of my savedata and want to killmyself because i forgot to backup when i resintalled my OS, but its this set:
gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/7996-Markovian's-Platemail
gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/8257-Markovian's-Vanguard
gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/7927-Colossal-Grasp
gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/8229-Thornhide-Legguards
gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/8011-Golemborn-Greaves

and a helm that gives a shitton of Acid resitance

part 2 jewelry:
gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/7864-Open-Hand-of-Mercy
gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/7865-Closed-Fist-of-Vengeance
gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/7791-Markovian's-Distinction
gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/8206-Hammerfall-Girdle
gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/2949-Reckoning

Damn, no steam cloud for backup?

nightblade? just to get more acid damage and bleed? or what

from what i remember nightblade has some kind of stacking retalation mechanic.

nah i never bothered to activate that in the options since i tinkered around with moving savefiles to test out new builds without letting the cloud fuck me over

Does it? I'm not seeing that anywhere on their tree
I'm seeing pretty huge bonuses to acid and bleed though. Also an aura that reduces the enemy's acid resistance.

Those don't increase retaliation unless it explicitly says retaliation %

Yeah, but I was saying that's all I see in their tree.

If god forbid you fuck up your min-max build, you better pray to god you either find a point reset item, or have the items to trade for said item. Making builds in PoE aren't fun.

Act 3 is fucking terrible, and I'm not replaying through that shit again.

None of the class characters are interesting. Grim Dawn wasn't any better, but everyone in PoE was unlikable (yes, the game is about dick heads trying to survive, but I want a reason to give two fucks about the game world out of loot).

Crafting is fucking terrible.

You're an idiot for even writing this.

PoE is shit.

Do you guys have a tier list for ARPGs?

If god forbid you fuck up your min-max build, you better pray to god you either find a point reset item, or have the items to trade for said item. Making builds in PoE is not what I call fun.

Act 3 is fucking terrible, and I'm not replaying through that shit again.

None of the class characters are interesting. Grim Dawn wasn't any better, but everyone in PoE was unlikable (yes, the game is about dick heads trying to survive, but I want a reason to give two fucks about the game world out of loot).

Crafting is fucking terrible, and shit rng loot drops don't help things.

You're an idiot for even writing this.

He's talking about the UI change, forgetting that GGG had been wanting to change it before and actually tried 2x before hand and met with backlash, the third time they decided to pull out a post made by someone complaining about the UI being sexist to say "Well, other people wanted it changed too!"

It's a shitty way to go about changing the UI, I mean if you really want it done do it and don't worry about backlash but you know, anything to save PR

So I installed Soulvizier on TQ:IT and it made all the models go away, so I had steam restore some files. How can I tell if the mod is still working?

How many enemies are there?

Or log in at a major patch and get a full skill reset free. Could do that.

Nigga Act 3 was the best part, had great pacing, good areas, and the most shit hitting the fan of the whole storyline. I could see if you hated Act 2 or 4, (Fuck act 4 seriously, only good area's Daresso's Colosseum, I run to maps after getting the skillpoint every time)

Eh, I'll give you that, the only ones I find interesting is Scion, Witch and Duelist. Scion because of her role in the metaplot going on all around. The Duelist because out of a bunch of dick heads he's the only one that's actually a relatively good person that just got a shitty deal and the Witch precisely for how horrifyingly evil she can really get (In some cases she borderline admires the shit Piety does and at the end of Act 4 she just seeks to overthrow Malachai and even the tribes start getting terrified of her). This is the one ARPG though that even though I respect them for having their own characters and establishments; it really does hurt itself for not having a little more customization so you know if that's your problem, I totally get it. But the main thing is, The Beast woke, People are stuck in pretty much the apocalypse now. You can delay it a bit more but most people are probably like "I just want off this god forsaken island." That's the goal, you just happen to help people on the way. I also get if it's not a standard savior story but what should interest you is either the class building or the metaplot with the Vaal/Godhood.

Probably the one thing I can agree with you, PoE has the problem that a lot of other ARPGS have save for Grim Dawn, Titan's Quest and Diablo 2, and that's no guaranteed good drops the first kill. With PoE it makes sense because it's online and economy Driven so it gets a pass by why the fuck doesn't shit like Victor Vran or Van Hellsing get this shit right?

Because Victor Vran and Van Hellsing don't have a dedicated fanbase describing how deep and perfect the crafting system is.
see

pretty much the same. I'm guessing that means it didn't work?
Do you know what file messes up the models and UI? Its an unplayable mess of artifacts

Yeah, I dunno, your shit sounds screwy. That's happened to me before, just try reinstalling your game and the mod. You'll know it works because the UI should be different and the enemy count should be tripled.

user you're pretty right about the game but HOLY SHIT YOUR TASTE IS GARBAGE.

BUT HOLY SHIT THIS GUY IS EVEN WORSE

Dude, you act like that doesn't happen like every month or so because of balancing, The most I've waited is like 2-3 months and that was the lull of waiting for Labs to come out. They give out full resets like candy and they have to whenever they nerf or buff a build drastically

Comprehension, mate

The only good ARPG is Diablo 2.

It has hands down the best aesthetic and multiplayer/economy out of all this samey garbage genre.

Titan Quest is pretty much the only one that comes close to being good, as it's fun with friends and has a SORT OF unique aesthetic in this cesspool of grimdark horsepiss.

What, do I have to copy and paste you're whole post or something?

Seriously though, next league better not be fucking EVERYBODY GETS FREE ITEMS league like the last two. Shit's getting old.

2 is shit. Diablo 1 is better.

Yeah, if you like your "Action" at a snail's pace.

No just don't get why you got shit on my tastes even though it's pretty much the same as yours.

I fucking agree though, I want a -fun- league, not "Let's add a new currency that's as useful as Zimbabwe dollars"

What you don't like some broken ass items and 20,000 "world of frogs"?

Frogs are great currency pinatas but yeah, pretty lackluster compared to leagues like Invasion Or Torment. God I miss torment

As grimdark as Grim Dawn is, I rather like how things look. It's suitably depressing, but there's nice little details everywhere and I never felt like I was just looking at a bunch of dark piss splattered over my screen.
Well, I did when I went into the Cthonian portals, but I'm pretty sure that was the point.

Why does it have to be grimdark
I want it to be sunny
I don't like games that are dark, that's why Ioved the Blood and Stone expansion in Witcher 3 it was always sunny I hate games that are not sunny

Have you tried Sacred 2?

No I played Sacred Underworld and that was even worse it was always dark

Forgot to add: How sunny/dark is the second Sacred?

It literally has underworld in the name

What the fuck are you talking about? We were talking about the boring story you retard. I said no player in the game cares about the story because the gameplay is so good. Maybe learn to read before arguing on the internet.

I guess if you're living in a sandnigger country. I can't say I have this problem myself, stable 40-50 ms at all times on Amsterdam server.

Boohoo, get good at trading or fail at end game.

Such as? You know you need to say what they are, or they don't exist for all we know.

I never said the game has no negative sides. Of course it does, every game does. But it's still the best ARPG there is. Just a fact.

I just don't get what you are saying. How would you fuck it up? You would have to accidentally put like 50 levels into the wrong talents. How did you manage that? Because you don't even need regret orbs (talent point reset item) since by doing the main quests you get almost 30 reset points already that you can use whenever you want.

Also, regret orbs are cheap as fuck. If for SOME weird reason you need to reset over 30 talent points, then use the regret orbs that have dropped for you, they're not that uncommon. By the time you're in endgame, you'll likely have about 20.

So, if for SOME even weirder reason, you need to reset over 50 levels of talent points, buy some fucking regret orbs, they're cheap. They're like 1 for 1 chaos ffs.

The fact that you're even calling them "reset items" and not regret orbs just shows you didn't play past Normal and don't understand that currency becomes more common in higher level areas.

Nobody is forcing you, but it doesn't take longer than one hour or so to speed through Act 3, I don't mind.

You mean the characters backgrounds? Who cares. The classes itself for gameplay are great. The talent tree is the best in any game.

Better than in any other ARPG ever made. It's a lot of fun. Again, it's blatantly obvious you never made it past Normal and don't know anything about end game.

You're clearly a fucking retard.

I think your circular reasoning is the only thing I'm seeing?
How much money have you dumped in, how many hours to have this much of a sunk cost defense.

Your "defense" of the game is actually the whole reason people think people who play PoE are assholes. You just dismiss any and all criticism with "well you're just bad at the game" or "just play more". Your basically just a rabid fanboy who can see no wrong with his game.

Templar is cool as fuck

It's pretty sunny and nice in most areas, I mean the storyline isn't all sunshine and parades but if you like ARPGs and really liked The Witcher Expansion's Aesthetics it might really be up your alley

I think your autism is the only thing I'm seeing.
Yes, just skip all the arguments that I used to destroy your lies and then act like I had nothing to back up what I said. No, that's just you. You have nothing but claims without any evidence.

About 20 euros maybe, for a currency stash tab and 14 normal stash tabs. It's like 1/3 of the price of a normal full priced new game, not much to me. But of course since you live in Pakistan or something, where you have "terrible lag" all the time, you find that inconceivable.

What even.

Literally the first time I've ever heard of this. Think you just made it up because you're a butthurt little fag because your lies were proven false.

Umm, no? I wouldn't dismiss any and all criticism with that. Just YOUR criticism about the game, because that's literally the right answer: your complaints ALL are because you were awful at the game.

Literally all your complaints about the game would be invalid if you weren't so bad at it. So it applies.

I wouldn't say that to someone who is giving legitimate criticism about the games faults, like the fact that some leagues have a boring league specific event mechanic.

All your criticism was just "Waaahhhh this game is too hard for me! I want it to cater to my casual senses and make things easier! :("

You're clearly a fucking retard.

The things about PoE that make it unique are the same things too that make it faulted.

Now that's not to say its a bad game, because I actually think its a pretty good one and have played it for 1000+ hours but it certainly has things you have to overcome if you were expecting a traditional ARPG.

The fact that Gems dictate your skills open a huge level of diversity for your builds. Then you add in Gems and Unique items and it opens up even more build diversity. You can have a Marauder casting spells, or a Witch doing physical damage with crits. However this can also be frustrating to some people. In fact its part of the reason I stopped playing it. Because you have to either trade, get quest rewards, or get lucky drops to finish builds. Trading is a fucking hassle and maintain a shop really blows. You have to check prices for your goods and the current exchange rate of your currency. I really hoped they were going to do the rumored "play owned shops" trade overhaul but I guess not.

With its faults, I still enjoyed the hell out of the game and if not for a bullshit death I probably wouldn't have rage quit the game. Its crafting system is neat, it allows you to get which ever rolls you might need just to survive on the fly. The currency is actually useful, as it is apart of the crafting system. The maps system provide you unlimited high level areas to play at the end game. I also think the game is pretty brutal in terms of difficulty. It forces you to learn the mechanics or your not advancing even in shittercore. It also does a great job of emulating that crack cocaine high of getting one of this ultra rare uniques. I will never forget that feeling of 6 linking a 500 plus ES chest and that 30 minute high after it.

PoE is way too easy now, I've solo self-found several characters to 90+ with shit gear in Prophecy.

Oh okay, so that's why, your defending your investment that hard.
So what would be a valid complaint in your eyes?
the fact that the game's built around pure awful RNG isn't. >but you can pay other people to get around it! doesn't excuse that
The endgame being a grindfest isn't.
the Ascendency powercreep isn't.
The GGG map servers randomly crashing for the past 2 weeks isn't.
Half the uniques being worthless isn't.
Item bloat isn't.
Skill bloat isn't, there's versions of skills especially now that are just "whatever but worse" like ground slam as opposed to EQ.
Bland early game isn't.
Bland Lategame isn't.

There's some good stuff about the game movement skills, general speed, flask system, currency actually being useful. The slot system falls short because you can't really do anything interesting with it. Putting spells on totems/traps is actually really neat and the cast on X are decent, but that's the only time I'd say the support gem system is actually used to it's potential, and aside from that you just stack damage boosts on your main skill, movement skill gets speed based gems, CODT goes to Molten shell and Immortal Call.

Remember how /oos used to be macro'd to left mouse for certain builds because the system was that bad. Lockstep… slightly helped, now you can freeze the game for a few seconds with certain builds.
you can't crash map servers with EK or RS anymore, that's less fun.
Also I like how your defense for the notoriously bad servers are >works on my machine, so you're just bad at the game

Yes, stop these slanderous lies, goyim!
PoE is the superiour ARPG, or the Uberpg, and only peasants would dare to cal it shit because they are bad at the game.
t. Battered housewife with buyer's remorse.

Yeah that looks great, I'm grabbing the game now, the Gold GOG version

Gold is the best version so you're good.

Also even though it's your decision, and I may not have to say this, but pirate first to try it

I hope you definitely like it though, I didn't care for it, it was actually a bit too bright for my tastes but I definitely acknowledge it's a decent ARPG

Is Grim Dawn good?

Yes, its what Diablo 3 should have been.

The early game is pretty boring but it picked up at level 30 or so.

Dont buy it. Askaron died and ll money goes to Mobile-games company.

Sacred II felt like total shit, fam. Like it was made by complete amateurs.

Of course I'm pirating it why would I buy a game that I've never played

Man, you really are some kind of dune coon aren't you? You actually think 20 euros is an "investment" and something people defend a game over? As already made clear, I was merely pointing out how all your arguments were false, you are simply wrong.

That is all.

the game is free you idiot

I'm sorry, we're still in the middle of summer and I can never be too sure of our company

On the other hand my briarthorn and primal spirit are basically unkillable now, so that's nice

Is the Demo's Blast Shield good enough for the investment?

I'm getting mixed signals googling it with most saying it's underwhelming and shit but on one thread that's relatively new someone saying it's great if you fully invest into it.

I think i need to get some survivability now as enemies are starting to really hurt, i do have Soldier as 2nd Mastery so they might have some skills for that too but i dont really want to start carrying around a shield atleast not yet.

At max (over)level they give 100 pierce resist and 85% to avoid projectiles. Try looking for build guides that have survived hardcore ultimate and see if they liked the skill if you want comment

What little i could find it's apparently not that bad anymore, buffed maybe from some point?

Anyway, i ended up throwing 5 points to it instead of just 1 and will plan to throw more and see how it helps with my survivability.
Redid my skills a bit anyway, had about 9points on the firestrike-skill line but when im mostly running in circles on bosses that are the ones i have problems with throwing grenados and hoping Mortar Trap hits them it's kinda null to have more augmented default attack.

If i only could find a pistol that's halfway decent so i could go with shield… dont really want to go melee at all because my other character will be Witch Hunter with DualWEILD for maximum edgelordiness.

Steps of Torment closed for me.

I removed and reinstalled everything and it still the same problem. Maybe its a problem with the steam version?

Never mind, I was retarded and kept trying 0.96 without first getting 0.90

Do you have shaman line or occultist line? Time to toss bugs or hex to reduce their bleed resist.

Shaman one.

look up devouring swarm.

… well then

:^)

Guess it is time for you to start looking at end game item

gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/8508-Black-Scourge

Oh right, pet kills don't count. Just get another epic/legendary that boost pet damage like crazy then.

Yep I was thinking grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Hand_of_Sanar'Siin would probably be the best option

My god I am a dumbass. My tank build died because I parked it on top of an acid pool and was wondering why is my guy taking damage. Again. Shouldn't play when tired.

After some tests turns out blood of dreeg it's actually pretty fucking useful, it even managed to get me to drop the 4 points from the shitty bird and put them into the skill
And now my pets dont mess around no more

How much Block change can you get in GD at most?

Started going with pistol+shield while lobbing those Grenadios~ and noticed that this is way better than going with rifle even though the dmg is kinda shit on pistols.

It is possible to achieve perfect block in GD. So no recovery time, reduce as much damage as the shield can take and 100% block chance.

i am currently doing 20k retaliation damage with a max of 24k at level 48. Planning to swap out shield of perdition for the final stop (1k+ pierce retaliation +90% all reta damage) and my voidblade for death omen which is a legendary mace that runs off vit damage, but would allow me to actually hit harder than using the voidblade. Death's omen actually has a spell that activates every 2 seconds whenever you get hit and it debuffs the enemy along with a 20% health reduction. Should prove to be even better than my current void lightning every 5 second at 15% activation from the void blade

grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Omen

Anyone got a better idea for a weapon for retaliation build? I would also like suggestions for reflect gear in my secondary slot

I have a blood retaliation build. Procs with three-four 34k tic damages.

I wish you could play these games from over the shoulder 3rd person-view sometimes.

GD and Titan Quest in particular has such a neat locations that it's annoying when the only way to play the game is to zoom it as far back as possible.

Holy shit, death omen is so good. Basically anyone who hits you gets cursed. The curse coolsdown every 2 seconds and last for 5 seconds. Every second, it does a flat vitality damage, 20% hp damage, lowers defensive ability and then lowers total speed by 20%.

And my retaliation is now 30k.

Wow user, how did you encode this webm? Very clear and smooth. Did you do VP9?

I just used webm for retards
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Oh. Okay.

It's just a short video with high framerate and bitrate, of course it looks good.

anyone down to play median xl?

wew

i wish my build did fire damage

this helm seems pretty goat

alright, I got the soulvizier mod working now
What's a build that will keep me from dying painfully every 15 seconds? I'm guessing a tank build? Or should I go pet swarm?

You playing on steam version or pirate? I just can give you my blue items for free for your build.

It's called gitting gud.
No, really, you should either be killing them before they get to you, kiting them and killing them, or facetanking them and killing them while chugging potions. The most important thing to do is don't get fucking surrounded. There's triple the enemies, so you need to be very aware when you're moving forward. Don't bite off more than you can chew and you'll be fine.

I tend to suck pretty bad at kiting, what aspects are best for facetanking?

Well, I've only played this in vanilla and not Soulvizier, but I imagine that Soldier/Defense would be best for that. Nature/Defense would be great if you REALLY want to tank, but then you're probably not going to be doing much to your enemies.

Is zoning into and out of a boss fight cheating ?

Is stacking resists until you take no damage cheating?

If you are facetanking you shouldn't be downing potions at all. Doing so is the sign of a very faillable tank. Look into circuit breakers instead. And as a retaliation tank, i actually need people to surround me rather than run around not hitting me

Are we still talking about TQ?

Sorry meant reflect templar. Too much GD for me. Don't remember circuit breakers in TQ though

How you make it work with a control pad? I played the console version (don't laugh, the console version is actually good despite freezes), but Gold felt like a cluttered mess when I played it.

All of PoE's microtransactions are a waste of money (I almost bought the kitty, and clothes that would have made my Witch look like an evil bitch).

made a facetank conqueror in TQ Soulvizier and its kind of, well, boring
You just stand there and hit dudes who can't hurt you at all, even at level 8, I just hit a potion when I get too low and its like nothing ever happened
I'm gonna try an oracle spell flooding build instead, at least then I'll be a bit squishy and that will add to the challenge

Was on lunch break and went and did a quick run of stairs of torment. Only 4 epics and no legendaries. However, since I only had about 30 minutes, I skipped most of the mobs (The ones who did get killed were the ones who were hitting me and getting btfo by retaliation), stopping only to kill heroes, open chests and boss rooms. I feel so dirty and triggered for not achieving 100% eradication of enemies.

Do people boss rush for farming places like SoT and BoC? Or do you pay to RNGesus and kill everything and open every chest?

I know someone was mentioning that they wished there was an over the shoulder camera so they could see all the detail the devs put into everything.
I haven't tried this yet, so I don't know if it can go OTS, but here's a camera mod worth trying out.
nexusmods.com/grimdawn/mods/3/?

Huh, check this shit out. I need to fiddle around with this, it seems interesting.

is there a mod for Grim Dawn that will optimize whatever armor/accessories will give me the highest DPS?

That or is there a guide for making it easier to understand the different stats and such for gear? I'm just dumb.

Easiest way to tell is to mouse over the skill while equipping new gear to test which gear is better. There's a lot of stats that aren't shown properly through the character screen when it comes to skill damages

This is very neat once you get the settings to your liking. I can't get it to change how much I can zoom in or out, but I can still zoom in more than in vanilla.
I wonder how this would make melee characters feel.

wat?

Retaliation is fucking awesome.
Until you meet enemies that don't ever hit you.
And the list is quite long.
Encountered so far:
Retaliation doesn't do shit against anything ranged or AoE. those aetherial hulks? their ground smash doesn't trigger retaliation.
The build can't survive on retaliation alone, and reflect is absolutely shit.

Solved that with death omen and a subpar reflect. I only reflect like 70% of the damage and niggers are still killing themselves easy. Plus, ask any kiting character, you're less likely to be shot to death than chopped or bled to death.

It still has that inherent problem of not knowing what's coming from behind you since turning around is not as easy as an actual TPS

As in actually mouse over on your skills and take a look at the figures to check out how much damage changing to a different weapon gives you. The tooltip + dps is subpar since it only helps people who already know exactly where the damage is coming from (caster/DoT/procfags need not apply basically).

As for a guide, the wiki worked pretty well. I basically gave up on 4 developing characters after reading the wiki because I realized I wrongly grown their stats.

Less obvious stuff is like how the stat window only tells you the bonus damage % only comes from your items and the bonus from your physique/cunning/spirit is excluded. To actually know what's doing what, the safest way is to basically mouse down to the skill, take note of the damage written in the tooltip, increase your stats and take a look again to see if your stat actually affects your damage %.

But from memory, cunning affects physical damage, piercing, internal trauma and bleed (that means ebola-chan needs to go cunning instead of spirit if not maining vit damage) and spirit affects all magic including aether and chaos.

If a gear says +30 elemental damage, what it actually says is it does 10 damage in each element (fire, ice, lightning).

Pierce damage is actually considered a type of magic damage (albeit a physical one) since armor doesn't decrease pierce, resistance does.

grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Mechanics
grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_Types

I recommend you give these two pages a read.

And until you get that good gear you're screwed if any of the bosses decide to be ranged cunts.
That Darkvale Cunt gave me a headache. It's kind of a known problem with these builds.

I'm ran on yellow and green until I got to 40. I had serrated shell in my shield so that I could shield bash people every 3 second, I have voidstone so that I can chaos strike someone every 4. I had 16 points in devouring swarm until I felt like taking care of ranged units and bosses didn't have to be an active thing anymore (note that the voidblade's 15% doombolt every 5 seconds is immensely helpful and you should use it if you have it), then I respec those 16 points into soldier to get more health etc.

I don't get what's so hard about killing ranged units with this build other than it takes more time than your average glass cannon build and you need to actually play the game. Your superior resistance, defense and hp pool ensures that you outlast those bosses in a fight. Having two quite common components allow you to contribute active damage when needed at almost no real energy cost. Hell, even wendigo totem would take them out if they don't hit you for at least 5% of your hp every half second.

Obviously you are luckier than I am. I have never seen Voidblade. For me it takes 5+ minutes to kill a ranged hero, and that's not even on Veteran.
Is a real hog on energy and I don't like the mechanics of the skill. Currently I'm using savagery + tenacity of the boarto chip away at ranged heroes' health and if they are regenerators or if they have some sort of chaos death skill like that Darkvale one I just skip them.
Yeah, after a year of two. about 90 dps from that thing really doesn't make much of a difference for killing.
I got into this build because I was told it was the most lazy build out there.

It is, but devouring swarm makes you near invincible in enemy groups, just throw that shit out. You need it to survive early on when your HP regen isn't in the thousands per second

You do something wrong. chose 2-3 type of DoT skill and max Hp+DoT damage.

The totem keeps me alive just fine.

Not true, you only need to refresh it every 5 seconds. It basically kills anything and everything under level 30 in the matter of seconds.

The only use of savagery for me now is to proc dryad's healing so that I have basically no bleed and poison duration. Other than that, you shouldn't be hitting people at all. Find some greens with %proc when hit. I know I had used some before I came across voidblade and switched them out for thorn yellows.

That's why I insist you learn to toss bugs and kite and respec it later instead of fussing over not being able to pass content

Wendigo does something funnier actually. It has a chance to stagger the enemy for some reason and mechanic I can't explain. The amount of times I stood in the wendigo waiting for a boss to hit for him to be stunlocked by the fucking wendigo. That said though. With the wendigo's constant 90 dps, your regen hero/boss isn't regen-ing anymore, leaving you to be able to beat him up. Your chaos based hero/boss isn't killing your ass anymore because they are not doing 2k damage per second but the wendigo is doing 2k healing per second if you're even remotely tanky.

It is really. Level 52 now, and I just stand there and let ranged, casters, bosses hit me after tossing wendigo on the floor. I sort my inventory, loot already dropped items and compare my equipment in the middle of the fight, only pausing to toss a wendigo after 12 seconds. Maybe even skipping the wendigo if I'm not taking damage at all while things around me just die.

yet you're complaining about no DPS when a spell helps you to do DPS you discard it because it takes a whole I think it's what 50-60 energy at level 16?

Is it time for a new thread?

Yes please.

NEW THEAD

user, that's what makes it fun