Your favorite dev who's never coming back

What's his name, Holla Forums?

Does Spore still hurts you, Holla Forums?

I never even played it, it just hurts that the game was so fucked that Will Wright ended up leaving the industry altogether. I mean, he's on the board of directors for the company who made Second Life, but that's not the same.
Now he just fucks around making robots.

Isn't he making a game right now? Blackroom, or something like that?

Name one, just one, who can actually live up to that. All great games were created by great team dynamics and whatever "favourite" dev is posted here is just a piece of shit without a good team.

See

Cave Story
:^)

Rest in pieces sweet prince.

He's still making games.

Guess what, they're probably all fucking gone, too.

this

Agree. Most devs from that era are rockstars, and thankfully, there was always someone to tell them to tone it down when they went overboard. When Romero funded Ion Storm, there was no one to say "okay, now, get your shit together, stop adding stupid features and stick to the plan". Same thing happened with 3D Realms and DNF.

Technically, the studio still exists, they just port shitty stuff to mobile now (they were still releasing sequels to Blaster Master 6 years ago, maybe they are still doing that?). But I get the point; I really wish the 8-bit to 16-bit transition went smoother for them.

Chris Sawyer faggot.

It will never stop hurting.

Didn't he made that port of Transport Tycoon to android which is actually just Locomotion with a TTD skin?

I just answered his question. If there is a 10/10 game made by only one person, that's definitely RCT.

no because I had fun with the free character creator demo they released and I was smart enough to not buy and play the actual game which I knew would be shit

There are no good devs, only good vidya

Yoko Taro

He just wanted to make amazing games, the tech and the industry just hadn't caught up yet.

He made mistakes and didnt reel in his ambition and ultimately fell when everyone demonised him for the fuckups that was 22 cans, Godus and Fable 3

Rip n pce Free Radical

Phil Fish

shit

What about Cities Skylines?
It's much better than Simcity 4

Skylines is a traffic manager, not a city builder.

Only if you don't know how to play

Knowing how to play doesn't change the fact that the focus is on the transportation networks and not on the buildings.

Traffic is pretty essential to managing the flow of a city though. Granted the last builder I played was SC2000 a decade ago. I miss SimEarth

No. Yes.