Omikron: The Nomad Soul

I've been interested in playing this game for a while, but knowing who directed it is turning me way the fuck off. Is Omikron actually a good game or is it just another David Cage """"game""""?

I still miss him, Holla Forums.

depends on how much you love David Bowie

It's very cheesy at times (let's throw a sex scene for no reason, let's add the overused cliché of the gamer stuck in the video game, etc), but it's still the best of what Quantic Dream ever did (understand: it's a game, not an interactive movie). It's made of several genres mixed together: there's some exploration, third person and first person shooter, combat, open world… none of it is amazing, but none of it is bad either; yet it worked well in the context of the game. I never completed it because I took a (long) break and since there's no checklist/objectives, I completely forgot what I was supposed to when I came back to it.

But really, fuck these guys. Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit looked very promising, then they changed the concept three or four times, before they made it an awkward pile of QTE. And then they produced those other abominable "interactive movies", recycling their "DVD-menu" gameplay.

I BELIEVED IN YOU QUANTIC DREAM. I BELIEVED IN YOU AND YOU RUINED IT ALL!!!

Its the most video game thing made by David Cage.
Its also not very good. As typical of the french hack, the premise is infinitely more interesting than the execution.

Fahrenheit goes off the rails story wise and at least becomes amusing on that front.

OP here, I'm on another computer.

Well it's nice to hear that David Cage actually tried making a real game once. Too bad he's still a fucking hack.

All of his movies go off the rails story wise.

Lets not forget underwater chinese ghost base or shelby being the origami killer.

This faggot is one of the pionneers of "I cant get into the movie industry so ill just make shitty ass games that are actually movies"

Well, it has David Bowie

About Omikron again, regarding the "mini-game" aspect of the gameplay: the FPS part was okay in the middle of the rest, but if you were to sell me a whole game of 10 hours of that type of gameplay, I would call it mediocre. Same for the combat. But in the rest, it's a nice touch.

Speaking of which, I know every track from "Hours" was used in the game, but I wonder if Bowie ever released "We All Go Through" outside of Omikron? Vid related says it's a bonus track, but I don't have it. Go figure.

At first, you were supposed to play only Lucas going apeshit and killing people. Other characters would live their life and cops would try to catch you, using the clues you left behind… because depending on what you did or didn't do, you would leave more or less stuff behind you. That was the base of the game and it was fine by me.

Then, they decided to break the game into tiny bits, selling it in an episodic fashion through the Internet. Everybody wanted to do that kind of stuff back then, so they had to change the story and the game mechanics so it would work with the episodic format (which means other characters could no longer live their own life, and time would be completely screwed up)

Finally they did what they did: you play every characters, like a kid playing a game of Monopoly on its own. The story was laughably bad, punctuated with cringe worthy QTE scenes (oh noes! the couch, it wants to throw me off the balcony) and out of place twists (damn aliens and their psychic powers driving people nuts)

You just reminded me that I have a webm of that saved.

That was the worst movie game I've ever seen.
Who ok'd this?

This one's pretty bad too.

I don't know why there's commentary on both of them. I don't even remember this one having any.

Because you made/downloaded webms that have commentary.

Let's not forget about the fight scene where all of a sudden Lucas Kane can fly and he's superman for no reason. Then he goes on to fight the internet hate machine. When I made it to this point I just lost my shit and was laughing for hours.

David Cage just gets worse and worse.

The worse they get, the better.

Oh Fuck! Do you remember the end credits? I think it was the end credits. I remember Cage being modelized for the tutorial section, but I also remember him doing a motion-captured backflip like a pretentious douche. I can't fucking find it though.

Thankfully there is a PC port.

Is it safe to say that David Cage is the Tommy Wiseau of video games?

It's safe, but you can also add M. Night Shyamalan and Ed Wood to the mix.

at least i know who tommy wiseau is

You forgot Uwe Boll

I thought about that too, but I'm not sure Uwe Boll is justified. Because he makes films out of video game franchises. It's not like Cage adapted movie franchises to games. He's doing "interactive movies", but he's not ripping respected brands a new hole.

Wiseau is doing a terrible job at directing drama and writing dialogues, which is something Cage also excels at.

Shyamalan takes interesting premises and turn them into a joke, often throwing improbable twists in the script. These qualities are also found in David Cage's craft.

Then you have Ed Wood whom just fails to direct his actors and usually makes the whole thing fall flat because of poor execution… similar to Cage.

Or you could, you know, use a CD-R and burn the game for free