Total War

Time for a total war thread.

What games, what mods, what tacitcal strokes of geniuses do you rely on?

Don't bother OP. The thread will be sagebombed in a few minutes.

To contribute:
I've been using the Steel and Faith overhaul mod for Warhammer and I quite like it. It's not as intrusive as Radious but helps a lot especially with skill and magic balancing.

You don't deserve a good thread OP.

He is the Orks

If you happen to beat up a rival faction, it becomes really really easy to get "non-canon" alliances. I traded and allied with the Dwarves as VC because I fucked up some Orcs that were in my way.

I suspect CA didn't have the ability to properly modify their own diplo system to prevent such alliances.

But seriously

I'm still with medieval 2 using TaTW with MOS mods. With sometimes bellum crucis mod…..sending light horse waves to lure chivalry out into my spikes. If they have no chivalry then I lure their bow till at full charge with my heavy
Then first row light cheap shit to engage, behind medium to hold off, side of heavy to engulf. Chivalry to smash any pussy that runs away and bow away next to my general ready to strike the last blow or give support

Yeah CA always had shit diplo. I don't get why they can't give free tools or at least give free tools only for that part of the game.

In med2 if you want a map info you have to give all your gold, 3 rich province and your first born and maybe they will consider it

Oh. Is kind of ok I guess then

The thought of playing as empire when all factions are on the map makes me hard as fuck.

The image is from a youtube letsplay where the guy playing it, who is a lore fanatic who can ramble on for hours about the most trivial things warhammer lore, playing an orc campaign gets this proposal from a dwarf faction.
His reaction is priceless.

I'm pretty sure they can. They where able to put a lot of limits on the "confederate" option, per species, and modders have changed that to let anyone confederate with anyone (haven't tried it but it sounds like it would break the game in all kinds of ways), so I don't see why they shouldn't be able to flag other diplomatic options as available or not based on what faction the player and the faction they are negotiating with.
The real problem becomes one of "do you limit players to RP their factions, or do you let them do what they want? Its the same basic problem you have with the regional occupation crap.

Link it to me user. I didn't laugh today yet

At around 14:00 he gets a Military Access proposal from those silly stunties. At around 19:00 he gets the alliance proposition.

I cant, i just cant play any TW:s after Medieval with Stainless Steel.
It's just too damn close to perfection that everything else feels like shit.

Gave Shogun a try, there's nothing fun just going samurai against other samurais fuck that gimme some Mainland China to conquer with my katanas folded over 9000 times.
Empire/napoleon? Muskets are boo fucking ring and the new map looks like ass.

pretty gud, he was promising making LotR lore videos soon

So the DLCs "leaked" a few days ago, devs already talked about it saying it is "outdated information" so, how much of it we are getting? I gotta say that it looks pretty amazing if they can actually deliver

I agree that CA has gotten into a rut, just remaking old games. At least TW:W isn't just a remake of an earlier game. I would love to see a TW: Romance of the Three Kingdoms or something else to that effect. Ancient China is a big blind spot as far as the TW series goes.

More indepth game based on Middle-america would be neat too, aztecs and that shit sorta like in the Kingdoms expansion for tw2 but with even more depth. though with modern CW… what we got with Kingdoms is leagues above what they would shit out nowadays

Its a neat idea, but I'm not convinced it would be a good setting for a game like TW. The one they had in the Kingdoms Expansion suffered a lot from nearly all the native american factions being plain nomads or aztec like, with very little variation. There's limited scientific research into the period, since Native Americans in the US won't allow any archaeological digs and shit, and balance goes completely to hell the second the Europeans show up anyhow.

Maybe ancient india? Start in a pre Mogul period with the many small states duking it out then have first the mongols invade and latter the muslims, and eventually the British. If you are really ambitious, you could start before Alexander the Great showed up.

I really want to get back to my Dwarf campaign but I've been getting really fucking bad loading times, like two minutes or so every time I load into or out of a battle or launch the game, and that completely kills playing it for me. Also Dwarves have a really fucking boring starting location, it's such a pain in the ass getting into and out of there and having to switch to underway movement every fucking turn.

why the fuck are you all playing warhammer?

its a videogame and it triggers faggots here for no good reason

It was good shit for it's time.

Then try bellum crucis. Is basically the same level of perfection but more interested in byzant and Norse