Religion and Games

What is your religion and what vidya do you play, and which games best compliment your religion?

Example: Hinduism
Good: Digital Devil Survivor
Bad: Asura's Wrath

Personally it's Christianity
Good: Neutral/True route of Devil Survivor 1
Bad: Shin Megami Tensei 2

Other urls found in this thread:

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs 3&version=NIV
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes 1&version=NKJV
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation 17&version=NIV
archive.is/EgeUh
archive.is/SBU4Q
youtu.be/gIHcshm2cn4?t=19s
art-eater.com/2012/01/a-buddhists-guide-to-asuras-wrath/
art-eater.com/2012/02/a-buddhists-guide-to-asuras-wrath-part-2-weapons-the-bishops-staff-and-hungry-ghosts/
art-eater.com/2012/03/a-buddhists-guide-to-asuras-wrath-part-3-weapons-the-vajra/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no one cares

Transhumanism
Good: Deus Ex 1, Original Syndicate
Bad: Deux Ex HR, Syndicate Remake

Atheism
Good: Books
Bad: Video Games (they're like the bible, they rot your brain).

Nothing good is going to come out of this thread

I didn't realize you could play books like vidya
Unless you mean something like this

That's why you sage?

You people are either severely traumatized by Christians or the precise antithesis of Socrates.

Vidya is for fun, not for avoiding contemplation of life altogether.

Look, just type "atheist" and talk about your game of choice positive and negative. Stop being babies about real life.

I was raised Catholic. I've been an atheist since I was 18 or so. But I still like all the religion's art, music, architecture, and iconography, so something like Bayonetta really turns my gears. I also liked the cathedral portions in Hitman 2, for example. Pretty much anything with Gregorian chant or awesome cathedrals really appeals to me. Of course, none of that has anything to do with game mechanics. You can have the coolest old-school Catholic theme in the world, but if the game itself plays like shit, the theme won't help you.

Wouldn't cyborgs get genocided by just a bad EMP, though? Seems like a flaw for the next stage of human evolution.

Unless you mean bio-mutation or something, like lion-men hybrid.
inb4 furries

Never played Syndicate. How is it?

2d blown the fuck out in that image, look at how solid those tits are, like bags of sand.

That's probably why I like the Souls games; the only series I know that really captures the atmosphere of a beautiful and/or decrepit cathedral.

Thanks for the chant.

Electromagnetic shielding has existed in one form or another since the 1800s.

Wanted to say this , plus current tech isn't much of an 1:1 limb replacement offer.
Yes there are pretty cool working prototypes now, but they're nowhere near real thing yet.
So I think at the point where you can actually have mechanical/bio-mechanical arm that is as good as the original one, emp will be a thing of the past.

I don't like the idea, but it might be one way to go.

The new one is bog-standard on-rails FPS without any redeeming qualities.
Classic one is top-down squad action game with light RPG and management elements. It maybe hard to control now, but it still looks good and holds up pretty nicely.
Satellite Reign tried to modernize the formula, and for the most part it succeeded, but dear god I hate nonsensical tron lines everywhere. That's not what classic cyberpunk is.

You want chants, eh? Wait till you hear this one!

He can't hold a tune.

thatsthejoke.flv

Where 2D wins, 3D fails
Where 3D wins, 2D is obsolete

I like my pretty anime girls and cutie vidya waifu, but 3D has something 2D will never have real-feel and a soul

Yeah, but I actually like Ave Maria though.

Real life religions will never be as interesting as their depictions in media, or entirely original ones made for fiction

Ah, okay then. Sign me up if that's the case.
But to be real for a second you know that there'll be bootleg cybernetic limb replacements where all you need is a tasing and everything shuts down in seconds. haha

Biblical Christians will never be on board with DNA splicing with animals for abominations of any kind, but dude, I'd be eve more excited for limb regrowth than I would be for cybernetic augmentation, which is already pretty excited.

I'd like to see what kind of artificial replacements they would have more muscles.

Tron aside, I might check out sometime. Sounds interesting.

Water wet, fire hot. More news at 9.

You don't look deeply into religions, then.
Media of any kind barely touches on them.

Try actually reading some of them. Chtulhu mythos is basically toned down old testament. HEAVILY toned down. And religions of eastern countries are even more batshit insane.
Everyone knows Asura's Wrath right? You might think that it's Hinduism and Buddhism on crack, but it's not. Save for sci-fi implications and anime tropes shit's pretty spot on.

socrates was pagan though. Also, socrates was illiterate, emulating him in all aspects is foolish.

That's why I said their depictions are better
Because that wacky fun shit can be separated from the preachy morality tales and the thousands of pages of nonsensical bullshit that arose from being translated through multiple languages by overworked retards in a time before both modern english and spell check

Dude like, fuck. I dunno.
Whatever.

I can't tell whether you're trying to imply that they don't do that, or if you don't believe that someone might not like it

I'm implying that stories themselves have little to no preaching.
New testament is the preachiest of them all, and even then it just boils down to "don't fuck people over for no reason". Eastern texts are mostly action animes by design with good guys not always winning.
Point is depictions and adaptations usually dumb down crazy shit, that is originally there and your complaints don't make sense to me.

Well practiced religion, or whatever you call it, when people gather around and do stupid shit is different thing entirely. It has historical and social justifications but in current world you're free to not participate in it, unless you're from some muslim country.

I enjoyed Dante's Inferno the game as well as El Shaddai Ascent of the Metatron.

I'd love to see God of War head to Sumeria/Babylon.

What.

Asura's Wrath is probably one of the best examples of accurately translating religious texts into a video game setting.

Usually, but not always
And again, all that cool shit is still in an ocean of word salad unless you learn the language it was originally written in, are familiar with common parlance from the time it was written, and generally just really fucking love reading

That's why I said
and clearly I said

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Socrates (during his trial, if I recall)

That was my point.

But if you'd prefer a more religious figure's words on the matter:
"Blessed are those who find wisdom, those who gain understanding, for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold. She is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her." - Solomon (Proverbs 3)
Though, he also wrote: "Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil." so most people just disregard what he said.

They also disregard what Socrates said because he was old or some other stupid reason.

Point it: don't just live for A-musing things, but live desire to muse, to meditate, to consider those things which are otherwise ignored so easily in the clutter of modern life. There's more to life than vidya, so don't be scared to look and take a quite moment to consider.
One might just gain wisdom, or in the very least one will discover her footprints in the sand, a trail everyone should want to follow.

This thread became gay really fast.

You're completely missing the point. On a societal level, a universally applicable objective morality serves to reduce squabbles, increase social cohesion, and gives a solid foundation for a legal system to be built upon. The more aesthetic and mystical aspects of religion help to form solidarity within the people of a nation, as well as giving a vessel through which culture can be spread to others. Elements and individuals who are considered undesirable by a society are usually cast out or eliminated, and giving another criteria through which groups can be judged aids this; if you know that the tribe over the hill follows a certain religion with certain customs, and those customs are harmful to you and your people, you know to keep them the fuck out. Generalisations are useful for survival.

If you come to think of societies and evolutionary organisms in and of themselves, religion could be likened to a kind of immune system. That's not to say that it's the only way a society can protect itself, but it's certainly one of the most prolific (and historically effective).

You could take that as meaning "don't be cocky about your intelligence", but I don't know the context surrounding that quote enough to validate myself.

You've either read nothing of Lovecraft or nothing of the Bible.

Maybe both.

This is a stupid statement.

It's not at all, actually. It's disgustingly off the mark in almost every way.

But the source material actually is that out of this world, though, that's true. Just look at the pic I posted here for an example

on topic: I'm surprised no one has said SMT at all.

My actual thoughts.

Theres around 6000 manuscripts for the new testament

I dunno, putting effort in reading usually pays off. I'm not huge fan of reading shit myself, I've read all of that when I was much younger and had a lot of free time and patience. Now I'm old and cynical and want quick fun without any investment.
Try audio books or something I guess.

What did you expect fedora meme flying back and forth?
Actual religions are interesting to read and discuss regardless of what do you believe in.

As I said I know there are justifications for religious cults. I'm not arguing with you here, faggot.

tl;dr Being of such complexity that mere looking at it will melt human away.
Guess where it is from.

OP mentioned SMT2 at the bottom of his post.

No, I expect you to die.

75% of the Old Testament is drawn out, rather useless genealogies, the other 25% is inaccurate history with Yahweh.

Here's the full context: biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs 3&version=NIV
It is a religious book, mind you, so the warning to fear the Lord is essentially "Don't go spitting in God's eye like you're hot stuff" but you're pretty close to the mark.

No matter how smart or clever a man is, if he's haughty and/or prideful about his wisdom he'll inevitably become a fool.
Solomon is said to have been the wisest human to ever live in human history, so wise that other rulers would visit him just to basically test his knowledge and bask in his wisdom.
Sadly, all that wisdom on a single man's shoulders led to a lot of suffering, and he fell hard because of his failings (mainly with women and polytheism).

Solomon had 1,000 wives, with 700 of them being princesses, if I recall correctly.

The whole book of Ecclesiastes, one of (if not the) most depressing books of the Bible to read, is Solomon's conclusion of all existence due to his wisdom. Turns out the reason he
"Vanity of vanities, all is but vanity…" - Solomon
Meaning: "Emptiness and meaningless, all things are pointless…"
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes 1&version=NKJV

You forgot that one of them has mankind being made for food while the other mankind is made for servants.

But I do see your point. Maybe that's where that spaghetti monster meme got it from– Yogsothoth

I am OP, user. I meant that no one else did.

lol wut
You even read it? Even just Genesis?
Only 25% of the OT is history? Did you ever even look at a Bible?

Has anyone ever played left behind? I slightly remember having rockstars playing music in the general direction of my units causing me to lose.

You're just upset we're not typing about boipucci and trap waifu
Go to a lol thread

Pretty sure it isn't, DubsAnon.

For one, I don't remember any samurai or magical lolis

Genesis has a shit ton of the Genealogy shit.

I'm familiar with King Solomon and the basics about him - I just didn't want to say anything for certain without going back and reading that particular section of the bible.

…he what? What?! I must know.

I see.

You're certainly a raging faggot. Take your arse elsewhere.

No. I saw the movies when I was younger but we stopped that early on once we actually started being serious.

haha
WHAT

Though if we're talking about religious-related show-games, how about VeggiTales?

I'm not the one talking about religion in a video game board. It's time for all of you to leave now, or I will be forced to pray that you all suffer a slow and painful death.

Just filter the egotist brat.

Veggietsles was pretty good. Never knew it had games.
What? I thought the events in left behind happened during tribulation

I'm curious - are any of you boys into TES lore at all? It's all pretty interesting stuff.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

lol Sorry.

I was going to say that, from my reading, it seems that the reason he went crazy with multiplying his wives (apart from geopolitics of the time, ie "You're my friend! Marry my daughter!") was in a pursuit to either escape the banality of life and expereince something new or to find fulfillment that actually lasted.

And nothing lasted.

It's unique because unlike his father David, who sinned horribly but had to basically be smacked out of it by the prophet Nathan, Solomon had a special kind of awareness in his sinning.

We read about him falling away from God and essentially dooming the collapse of all israel thanks to him following other gods via his literal thousand wives, and when we read that we think "Man, that must be like David who forgot God and forgot the law when he fell into sin"

but Solomon was fully aware of God, the law, and everything around him while he was falling away.

TL;DR Solomon didn't sin/fall away out of ignorance or mere temptation, he brought the temptation to himself and tested it to feel something.
Basically Solomon was experimenting with himself, trying to find a way to give life meaning because all his wisdom made him so above everything and everyone that all of it just felt dead and vain.

I think the most important question is Does OP poo on the loo?

Atheist
Deus ex

Classic Elder Scrolls was almost rivaling Tolkien in terms of recreating a mythos from ground-up.

I'm surprised no one actually adopted TES lore as an actual religion.

Wasn't there a deity that essentially rewrote existence whenever he felt frustrated or something?

A fellow /tes/ticle? In MY Holla Forums?
I'm the guy that made the Vivec spurdo edit in that same thread.

The thought of everyone here slowly dying in agony is a sweet dream indeed. The thought of you niggers taking your stupid thread to a more relevant board is an even sweeter one. A man can dream, can't he?

Michael Kirkbride did I think. Anyone who understands and uses the term C0DA unironically has as well. A lot of the people on leddit r/teslore have.

I didn't actually make the picture, just the writing.

Nice

Original Deus Ex is true Deus Ex.

It takes place during the tribulation, but the rapture already happens before the story starts. That's why it's called "Left Behind"

Which is theologically retarded since that concept entails all believers being brought into the heavens at the same time and no one is left behind.

Only sinners remain, and that's when you get demon locust and plagues and stars falling and all reality melting away, aka the wrath outpouring

Of course this guy gets quads. What a waste.

HAhaha Silly.
We have sunglasses for that. :^)

Why am I not surprised?

Solomon sounds like a regular of 4 a.m. thread tbh.

Religion was definitely useful for early civilization. If it wasn't then it wouldn't have dominated. It helped society form because our social structure was simply too complex for genes to be the biggest factor. Memes were far more important and changed much faster. Humans are interesting in that the culture (memes) of a society were more important in determining it's survival than it's genes.

Religion still a shit though

Kek wills it, get the fuck out, all of you.

Fuck religion, it's dark ages tier and has no place in modern society unless you want to blow up yourself.

The cat is out of the bag now, my friend.

I honestly don't know which particularly entity you could be talking about. Talos remade Cyrodiil from a jungle into lush European forests, Vivec rewrote history to erase his past and his sins, and Dagoth Ur wanted to reshape the world into his image, believing that he was all and all was him.

A dream it shall remain, my friend. Thanks for the bumps either way.

>I didn't actually make the picture, just the writing.
Well, it's not like changing the colours on a vector image of spurdo and adding some ears is exactly a colossal feat anyway.

Religion is still useful for every society. The lands of Islam may be feuding like nothing else, but they're united in their opposition against the rest of the world; that's the kind of cohesion that Europe sorely needs right now. Also, this is to say nothing of the nature of modern relativistic morality and how easily it can be subverted to the detriment of a society, as compared to an objective morality.

Oh. The pieces finally all fall together.
Oh, indeed.

0/10

Fair enough, I always went with the "rapture before tribulation" as well. Correct me if I'm wrong however, but the underlying principle behind people being left behind was that they were aware of the existence of God (or perhaps knew about God but didn't believe in him) but never made an effort to save themselves through Jesus. After all, even the demons believe in God (t. Jesus or Paul, I don't remember). So surely enough, when the rapture happens and the world is in chaos, they recognize it's the end times as described in the Bible and try to redeem themselves. That's the plot left behind follows iirc.

:^)

No wonder you've been acting like a one-stick faggot

Go back to """""""ironically""""""" worshiping the cartoon frog and making ten thousand word essays and several hundred post threads on the efficacy of meme magic

You're the reason Holla Forums is cancer

Then we get the ones like you
ring ring ring ring banana phone~

Don't start that shit here. I've had enough of it on other boards.

I don't post on Holla Forums, always glad to trigger an autist, though. You're the reason Holla Forums is shit.

It's your choice user. You best make the right one :^)

I enjoy discussing gods but I don't see the problem with the spinning of multiple gods op, hell the Greeks did it. You sound rather strictly monotheistic.

sage for vaguely off-topic

But they don't. biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation 17&version=NIV

Revelation 16 describes what happens to those left on earth. Once Jesus comes back with a roar, heralding the coming of God's wrath, and every saint has been taken up from the earth at that time, the only ones left are those who are unrepentant.
And now after the "veil", so to speak, has been fully sundered and every single person, even the harended skeptic, actually literally sees Jesus Christ, literally seeing God and the angels and everything, you know what they do?

They curse God.
>The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and the sun was allowed to scorch people with fire. They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of God, who had control over these plagues, but they refused to repent and glorify him.

>The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.

This is what it means to be genuinely reprobate: to literally see God Himself in Christ Jesus, to literally see the angels pouring out God's wrath on them, and yet they still curse God and refuse to repent.

TL;DR Left Behind is retarded not just because it paints a pre-tribulation picture but because it promotes the idea that some people just need a little extra time to "get it"
They don't. They never will.
Everyone who is not of Christ in the end times is going to suffer unimaginably before being cast into outer darkness, and they will deserve it
every
single
bit

If I ever wanted one proof that god doesn't exists, retards like you being alive would enough.

Don't you have some e-celebs to retweet right about now?

user, I specifically said in the op that I was
Nevermind. I don't have a problem discussing gods and theology and vidya lore either.

My issue is with LARPers who take their Chan memes and actually treat their retarded /x/-teir funposting to a whole new level, a genuine religion of memes and retardation, and then spread it across the world to stink up other boards.

I mean LOOK AT THIS
THEY LITERALLY WORSHIP MEMES
archive.is/EgeUh
archive.is/SBU4Q
youtu.be/gIHcshm2cn4?t=19s

If I wanted proof shitty posts existed, your posts would be enough.

This is what you actually believe.

Thanks user. I guess I never really put thought into it but that certainly seems correct. Glad I'm planning on the first trip to heaven. As severely butthurt the other user is, he does have a point; we are getting off topic.
How come there is no vidya using the Bible as source material? It would be hella cool to join Joshua in his conquests of Jericho, or perhaps a game that follows David through his exile/persecution at the hands of Saul then afterwards in his times as king. Alternatively, go full sci-fi and have something like pre-humanity wars between Lucifer and his angels vs God and his angels, with angels using future tech weapons and equipment. Sort of like warhammer, where all the tech is super advanced yet full of symbolism (crosses instead of skulls or something). On a slightly unrelated note, I haven't seen vidya tackle the subject of nephalim very often, except for stuff like diablo. Crusader simulator when?

I was kinda hoping someone would write something to go along with it. It just seems rather silly without some stories or texts.

Apparently, gamer fuel threads are now shilling for /ck/, GG for Holla Forums, and soundtrack threads for /mu/. Why don't you go shitpost in some of those instead? For someone who hates this thread so much, you're getting awfully involved, and butthurt, in it.

Would you be interested in buying a bridge perchance?

user, are you saying what I'm thinking

Okay buddy
Refer to previous statement

There was one thread that had chunks of posts, thick with blocks of text, detailing how the new aryan Grecian model Kek religion should be practiced and how it can be taken seriously. Wish I still had the archive of it. It was insane. Got like 650+ posts, almost all in favor of it.

Good point, and also good to hear, friend.

People would have to be 1) good at developing games, and 2) read the Bible
Most Western devs do cash grabs and FPS Hollywood schlock so it stands on the Japanese to make a well written and fun game, but most Japanese view Christianity as nothing more than an accessory (hence why Japanese teens and edgy youths wear crosses for no reason) and they barely care to know anything of the faith.
Though to be fair most of Japan doesn't care for religion in general.

That said, an End Times game was thought up among us in another thread months ago. It would take place during an Antichrist NWO occupation and you would have to sneak around to rescue Christians and spread the Gospel or else you get massacred. Then the end-game would be the Second Coming. Gameplay would be a mix of Deus Ex and Theif (classic).

Gamer fuel, soundtracks, and Gamgergate have way more to do with video games than this thread ever did.

Okay buddy

Agnostic Atheist

I don't really care much for representing religion in games but I do like that angle a lot of the time. Castlevania is one of my favourite series as I enjoy the superhero angle of this religious paragon fighting for what he knows is right and good. I also enjoy Dracula a lot of the time as he fights that, championing a more libertarian self serving and individual freedom approach.

Bayonetta was pretty nice with the presentations of the angels, getting them more authentic in some ways. Japanese games tend to make western religions more interesting in video games as they view them from the mythological scope rather than any true religious belief.

I still like to casually worship Ebola chan

Ebola-chan was funny because no one made legitimate attempts to bring that into reality. It was funposting at its finest.
But the day people took the "Bane plane crash cause by meming hard" seriously and correlated Pepe to some Egyptian god/Baal was the day everything went to hell.

No, it's serious because you autists literally make 650+ posts with blocks of text worshiping Chan memes and a cartoon frog.

Or does all of this also just fall under "ironic bantz"?

Now that's it. I'm done replying to you.
You're derailing the thread and trying to pretend you're not one of the many retards who take Kek worship seriously. You're an idiot and you need to reevaluate your life.

Nice self-contradiction there.

It just means I accept that I don't know and it can go either way but personally I'm leaning to the atheist side of there being no god. I'm totally open to the idea of a god existing I'm just not expecting it to be real.

Real compelling. By the same logic, you are a retard because you make a lot of retarded posts. Wait, that actually checks out.

Bonus retardation for the gaslighting at the end.

Looks like I win.

Atheism is based on the idea of gnosticism.
You're regular agnostic.

Atheism is believing there is no god. Agnosticism is just accepting that you'll likely never be able to prove if there is or isn't without any personal claim to believing if there is or not.

Christfag but I don't really give much of a shit about religion in games.

So how is your fedora collection?

Gaaaaaaay
I bet you like girls with vaginas too you fucking cuck :^)

Honestly though 2D and 3D have their places, just never let your waifus meet

Good advice, really.

user, come now

That said, what game do you like that resonates best with your religion?
Or which do you hate which seems to be nothing but a poor mockery of it?

My dad and I played Quake when I was a kid.
And Turok.
Doom is by far a heretical piece of garbage theologically speaking, but thematically it's you slaying demons.
That's not half bad, really.

You must choose one and only one and if you don't then your cock will choose for you, which typically means the fleshbag.

Cancer
Good
Undertale
Bad
Undertale
:^)

I like this game

Sorry but I can't explain 4U9525 without realising that meme magic is real
So Unless if you can debunk the Banecrash I'm a Kek follower

I see this around.
What is it?

That's just a cheap silicone handrest. For a better feel you would have to pay more. Like with a real woman ;^)

>Talos remade Cyrodiil from a jungle into lush European forests, Vivec rewrote history to erase his past and his sins, and Dagoth Ur wanted to reshape the world into his image, believing that he was all and all was him.

I want to hear more about Dagoth Ur and what Vivec did that would make him want to erase history

He killed Nerevar. Or, kinda did, because of the dragon break.

I'm Catholic and I mostly play grand strat games and autism simulators like Project reality and Mount & Blade.

"In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth." - Genesis 1:1

religion:islam not trolling
Good:Civ 5
bad: almost every other game and in particular Splinter cell blacklist.
How the fuck am I supposed to kill someone shouting allahu ackbar and running mindlessly I just beat the whole level without killing anyone because of that.

huehue

I'll choose the one I can marry and can actually get pregnant by my seed and be a healthy mother to my children, then.
WORST
POSSIBLE
OUTCOME
Actually it typically means some whore who will drain you of finances and years because you had sex with her out of wedlock and she's hanging you on child support payments while also imprisoning you on false rape allegations while your child is being unfed and untreated by the whore who's using your money to whore it up with other ~victims~

The Neo-Succubus, basically.

Choose with your soul, not your loins. Better to live and die single than to yoke yourself to a harlot.

How is almost every other game bad?

It's as easy as killing someone who shouts "Praise Jesus!": Is the person a terrorist killing and maiming people and/or plotting to kill and/or maim people? Yes? SHOOT THEM

But considering Western games these kinds of secular Hollywoodized satancucks can't parse between a Muslim and a jihadist so they either make the jihadi dindu nuffins or they give the jihadi some "humanity", which in real life they do not have unless Christ rescues them from themselves and reconciles them to God in gospel truth, which has happened in dreams and such leading jihadi to the Bible and then having them flee from ISIS and their evil to become saved.

I would like to play a game where you're sent out to kill terrorists and we actually get to kill terrorists, plain and simple, while doing some really good classic covert Ops to rescue the Christian and Yazidi and Muslim rape slaves. THAT would be fantastic.

Shia Muslims are targetted like any infidel and Sunni Muslims who don't join the cause are considered as having committed shirk because they not only lived alongside Christians without afflicting them as neighbors but also because they will not join the fullest incarnation of a death cult, so they get the same treatment:
murder of men, brainwashing and murder of male children, rape to death and/or enslavement of female children, rape enslavement of women – and all old people being murdered.

Yazidi get is horrible because of their unique racial characteristics and pretty much devil worship, Shia get is atrociously because ISIS, Boko Haram etc. are fundamentally Sunni (well, more Wahabi but ay), Sunni get it real bad because "YOU NOT LIKE US WE RAPE YOU" and Christians get it the worst because Christians.
They're all too pansy or too well paid to attack Israel.
It isn't a good sight when they do manage to find a random Jew (whatever their religion) in the crowd, though.

I don't want this to become a Holla Forums discussion so I want go into too much details. by bad I meant their portraying of Islam is bad in most games. I am no apologist though. I wish I could play as those 'terrorist' and kill those american 'heros' sometime but it probably wouldn't happen anytime soon because of the constant war and because no one else outside of IS zone would do it.

There was a dark age, but not where most people think (feudal, medieval, roman catholic papacy).

The migration period, where tons of barbarians, celts and hordes were on the move as the WRE was collapsing. That was the dark age.

Islam conquering the ME and NA can also be considered a dark age, as Christians and old civilizations were wiped out.

No user, that was Vivec
We're talking about Vivec

Wasn't that Vehk? Anyway, that's what I mean with

Not videogames.

Religion: Mussulman (Shi'a)

Games I'm playing or re-playing right now (and enjoying): Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Super Mario Maker, Splatoon, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Deus Ex 1, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Secret of Evermore, Baten Kaitos duology, Bravely Default, also planning on replaying Myst

Favorite game genres: arcade Shmups, RPG, Platformer, Fightan, Metroidvania, RTS, Survival Horro, Point and Click adventure

Least favorite type of games: Modern military FPS

Games that get on my nerves these days for some reason: Bethesda Fallout (they're kinda fun, but I don't think they deserve the praise they get)

That's entirely subjective, I find the bible and hindu scriptures incredibly interesting.

Here's a drawing of what he did.

Also, fuck you OP, Asura's Wrath is a fantastic translation of Buddhist (not hindu) mythology into a game. Though it's more of an anime then a game.

Indigo Prophecy?

Mayans =/= aztecs, though their mythology is somewhat similar and is almost as batshit crazy. But indigo prophecy doesn't/didn't go far enough.

i couldn't remember which central indians were in that game. I haven't played it in years.

Really, I'm not familiar with Aztec or Mayan gods well enough, but for some reason, I feel like a game where you had a kind of MesoAmerican Indian cyberpunk thing going on would be neat.

I also wish there were more games out there that tapped into Islamic lore or occult in a serious way rather than just the same Disney version of Arabian Nights motifs, something with lots of alchemy, psychotic djinn and political intrigue among sultans and desert tribes.

I also wonder if anything unique could be done with Jainism that you couldn't do with the other Vedic faiths

I'm Catholic.
Game devs are bad with philosophy, let alone theology. I'm glad they never touch it. Japanese games don't count because religion there is purely for aestetics or so wrong I can't take it as heresy but ravings of those who don't know better.

I'm not religious, but I find religion and religious symbolism and allusions really interesting.

You could point to Morrowind, but it's not exactly Christian. You can roleplay within the confines of what's considered Christian. You could even find lore or fill in already existing lore to basically be a Christian with alien aestetics. But the game in its essence wasn't envisioned as such, just allows it.

Planescape also deals with profound themes and again, you could roleplay from a Christian position, but the world isn't inherently such.

And please nobody mention those exploitative protestant "games". Bible Games did enough damage.

Good: MGR
Bad: idunnolol

The Japanese tend to do a better when something like Christianity is just a loose inspiration for an original setting. Like in Final Fantasy Tactics, the Church of Glabados is clearly modeled after the Catholic Church, but at the same time it's something separate that is unique to this fictional world. And I really think they did a good job of creating a story of church intrigue & conspiracy and giving that medieval feel.

When they try to use the real Catholic Church in anime or video games, it's more just exploitation or chuuni "we literally just googled stuff" crap.

I still don't understand C0DA

Everyone gains CHIM (or Amaranth, I don't fucking know, man) and can create their own realities. It's basically TES fan-fiction written to justify all other TES fan-fiction as being in parallel universes. It's the worst thing Kirkbride's ever done, and the thing that his shrill cult most worships him for.

Christian
Good: Everything
Bad: Nothing, it's fiction you faggots

It's like parents who try and ban Harry Potter
No you fuckwits, it's fiction, if you raised your children right they know the difference between fiction reality.

See, I thought C0DA was about how Humans were all dead and the rest of the TES races were living on Secunda and shit.

Yeah, it takes place in a future, spacefaring TES world. Beyond that, I don't know most of the details.

Asatru

None of them.

Nigger pls.

I could rave about c0da all day in depth and it really has two dimensions, a simple and a deep one.

The simple one is that Dwemer, basically being the Atheist archetype, thought that without love, only using logic they could make a God and create a more real better world. Their God was Numidium and it was never actually destroyed in the past. Its godly power was rejection of world laws so it was wreaking havoc outside of normal time and space. Once it landed back in Nirn, Nirn broke and everyone who survived relocated to the moons. This is known as Landfall.

To not be affected by causality, Numidium broke both time and space, sending Akatosh into mad frenzy. Nobody could've stop Numidium until one of the Nerevarines achieved CHIM and outargued Numidium. You see, when time and space broke, all player Nerevatines who survived into the far future became canon. One of them was taught by Vivec. Nerevarine who in the late 5th Era, when Numidium was about to destroy the whole Mundus, stopped it by defeating it in an argument. Dwemer were deniers, destroyers pretending they're going to create something better afterwards. He made them realize they were like a teenager throwing a temper tantrum against the world. Upon the realization of, Numidium anihilated its own self.

Following this, Nerevarine killed the male aspect of Vivec with all his flaws and took a fem. Vhek for his lover. Thus two CHIM users, one masculine and one feminine had a baby - a product of Love. Creation of something more from two who had known their personal limitations.

You see, the TES world is a dream inside a place unknown. Love is the main ingredient one needs to transcend out of the dream, over it. A person with CHIM is still trapped within. Instead of realizing they don't really exist and are a fiction, they find something to love, which keeps them alive, in face of all the absurdity. Vivec was a prostitute and Talos was a wargod - both loved their peoples and that love was strong enough keep them alive even when faced with kind of an enlightenment - that they don't exist. Yet, their love wasn't pure. Pure Love in, to aproximate it, in the Christian sense was attained, was manifested only in the creation of that baby, which touched the hearts of all in Tamriel and opened a way to new world pure hearted and repented men could forge for themselves out of this dream.

Well… Now that I've explained the simple explanation… Lets rather call them complex and very complex.

c0da happens among the dunmer, which is why there's very little other races. Some Redguards continued existing on the broken Nirn ffs. There's no grounding for a statement that X race is dead.

Further details would be that they c0da world is full of technology, as well as TES magic since it's the far future.

…. Call this autism, sure. But I still wanna defend myself on one point: I'm a trad Catholic and don't believe in this TES stuff. I was just into TES before I stopped tipping my fedora.

And while I never frequented TES forums on leddit, I can confirm they're cancerous. Details trickle down with time… And they're fedora tippers mostly trying to fill the gaping hole in their heart with fictional worlds since they're too scared to get into actual theology.

Vehk the mortal, alongside Almalexia and Sotha Sil, betrayed his master Nerevar and stole the power of the heart of Lorkhan for himself. The heart is the literal heart of a god which had fallen to Nirn at the start of time when Auriel (a part of Anu/Anuiel/Auriel/Auri-El/Akatosh, collectively the Aka-tusk) had Trinimac (the previous form of Malacath) kill Lorkhan and rip his heart out. Using the heart, they became living gods, and Vivec achieved CHIM, which is essentially realising that the world is just a dream but that you're still an individual within it, thus letting you reshape it. Using his powers, Vivec-formerly-Vehk rewrote history so that he and the rest of the Tribunal (Sotha Sil and Almalexia) we're always gods, and so his act of foul murder would go unknown. Oh, and when the trio killed Nerevar they cut off his hands, feet, and face, possibly symbolic of the Nerevarine prophecy in that it allows for the Nerevarine to wear another face and walk his own path.

Dagoth Ur was one of Nerevar's closest friends before the time of their deaths. Nerevar, in possession of the heart of Lorkhan, needed the tools of Kagrenac (the chief craftsman of the Dwemer/dwarves) to be able to actually use it, and it was Dagoth Ur who held these tools at the time. Dagoth refused to give Nerevar the tools as he didn't want anyone to tamper with the heart, and Nerevar slew him for it. After the dust had settled and the Tribunal was in power, Dagoth Ur returned as a god himself having been in proximity to the heart of Lorkhan for so long. Where Vehk-now-Vivec saw himself as a part of the world, seeing the wheel of the world on its side forming a tower, Dagoth Ur saw all as a part of himself, standing within the wheel and looking outwards. It would go on to try and spread his holy blessing of corprus, a divine illness which causes horrific mutations and insanity but also immortality, and did all he could to free Morrowind of the Imperial yoke. He wanted Morrowind to be in his own image, and he wanted it to be free.

Religion: Islam
I intentionally avoid games that even mention it.

But vidya is haram.

I want a game where you can play as Index.
Go around reading grimoires in need of sealing and using my vast pool of knowledge of magic and religion to assist in magical investigations, guide allies through rituals, ward off magicians, and just help people in need.

It's also a way to validate everyone playing the games.
We all make different characters and do different things, and that makes them our own personal canon.

It's little more than a way for redditors to have their retarded headcannons validated. It may be interesting to analyse on its own, but much like ESO, it should be ignored in relation to the pre-existing lore.

It's one thing when lore is designed so that everyone can fit their own characters in without much interference from the developers.
It's another to create a hugbox on reddit where everyone is canon so nobody can criticize anyone else.
And what makes it more complicated is that groups such as Tamriel Rebuilt made better lore than Bethesda and most good lorefags will rather go with theirs vision than Bethesda's.

So, if you want to take the most from TES,you need to be pro everyone's player character should be able to be canon with no developer railroading and pro who cares what Bethesda does, this fan lore and these semi-official statements are the real lore, while also being against plebs making shit up on leddit.

That's not a mass marketable position. Only a few niches like here and some Morrowind subforums can roll with.

If a fan-theory or a single element in a spin-off game gets enough traction, doesn't it become embedded in a lot of player's ideas of canon?

For instance: Until DS3, a lot of people had fun with the idea of Solaire being the First-born of Gwyn. That led to people creating additional stories and content to add meat to that idea.

As says, we shouldn't blindly accept anyone's lore, even from developers down the line. Lore grows from creating new things and having it tested by everyone else… which continues the cycle.

I bet your girlfriends cuck you fags by niggers.

This is a false flag.

Or, and hear me out on this one, if you can back up your statements with evidence from reputable sources and properly explain them in relation to your ideas, they'll naturally gain traction and don't need validation by Kirkbride and the reddit clique. You should be applying the same standards to TES as you do to real history. Normalfags having their anime-eyed Mary-Sue Dovah-rines become canon is retarded no matter which way you spin it.

Your own messiah is the result of cuckoldry and never reproduced, Christcuck

Why don't you two go suck each other off in another thread instead of shitting up another decent discussion? You are the cancer which has made this website stoop so low.

Where the hell was Christ ever mentioned? The only thing that is mentioned is that the archangels want a artificial messiah to usher in a new age. Sounds a lot like Judaism to me, fam. Plus, the effort to call God YHVH is definitely a indicator that it isn't Christian.

I think his point was the whole communicating and summoning demons thing.

Then, why say that Devil Survivor 1 is a good Christian game? You do the same thing.

The handrest is 3D as well..

Christianity
Good: The Legend of Zelda, Twilight Princess
Bad: most Bible games…
Zelda is Christian in the same way Lord of the Rings is, or Star Wars pre-Disney, not theologically

That's what made the kikes so butthurt.

user, Lord of the Rings is literally Christian. Not figuratively.

Yume Nikki has some Aztec-inspired designs, but it's not a horror game. Except for the face, fuck that part of the game.

There is no representation of semitic polytheism or Aztec religion because that would be racist ;^)

Haven't played Son of Rome, but aren't the enemies Asatru?

That's nice, but how does that relate to video games in any way?

He's some kind of a false flag shitposter. I don't exactly know.

I've seen this pasted on multiple boards. But I can never seem to find this guy on /christian/ to debate. He's just not religious nor cares to talk about it. And since this is clearly pasta… the only thing we can conclude is that he's stirring up some shit.

Report and move on.

Omni Religion
open for debate
things i dont like

I've already answered the truthful version, so I can pick my 'fav' options for alternative sets.

Test
test

I have NEVER heard of this before, but I kind of dig it.

I think you're thinking of Narnia

Sounds somewhat true

Aside from the fact that there are some Muslims who don't believe in any depictions of living things, there really shouldn't be a problem for those Muslims who don't believe in that prohibition to find games that nestle well enough with their religious conscience, the only concern then would be whether vidya games are a positive use of your spare time between your religious obligations

Like this user was getting at , a game doesn't need to be inherently Christian or Islamic or whatever religion to allow the player to project some kind of religious meaning that makes sense to their own belief system or roleplay from that point of view.

Also, I mean, as a muslim, I don't really have a huge problem playing games where there's lots of pagan or Hindu or Buddhist or Christian themes and mythological elements. In those cases where it's more explicitly non-Islamic, it's still just a game to me at the end of the day and I don't really feel any moral problems in playing games that have stories that don't 100% conform to my worldview because most of the time I just approach it like I would reading a book of Homer or Virgil's tales of the gods or even the Bible, where it's more of just academic or artistic curiosity on my part. I don't believe in the Norse gods, but I feel I can still play something like Valkyrie Profile for PSX and appreciate the technique that went into designing the game's mechanics, visual style or even writing, and as long as I know what aspects of the game's story or setting are "nonsense" I feel like I can still take away something positive from a story featuring gods I don't believe exist.

But that's me.

Classic SMT (SMT2, etc.) is very much Jewish but not in the Christ & Apostles way
rather, in the Synagogue of Satan way

>YHVH is an egotistical, oppressive despot that subsists on the prayers of man

It's next level blasphemy, though at least it serves as a great contrast to the God of Scripture. Helps to understand just how different God's true nature is in comparison to what the world thinks of Him.

That said, SMT2 is a goldmine in comparison to SMT4-FINAL

I mean look at this!
ARE YOU SERIOUS WITH THIS?!
WHY ARE THERE SO MANY YHVH?!
WHAT IS WITH THAT FACE?!
AND THAT FINAL FORM

I get the feeling that the developers read a little too much of the Nag Hammadi Library

ur gay

Sauce on Webm song?

Nice catch, and it may be so.

End Game spoilers in pic

It's some European band's remix of a chant. Video has kids playing around a dilapidated building. I don't recall the video title, though, sorry.

Congrats on getting my hopes up faggot ( ; __ ;)

What game protrays God the best and why is it Asura's Wrath

It's based on a polytheistic tradition, though.

Yes but Chakravartin relative to the game universe is a God, not a god

spore, because it didnt have to be that terrible and nobody is happy with it

Incorrect

If you don't like it, don't reply.
It's that simple.

That board is a /catholic/ circlejerk.
Actual Christians are banned and censored.

Yes I am, way more religious than you are.

Incorrect, I type everything out because I know my facts after years of research and study.

The only copypastas I have are links to sources that debunk evolution or an old earth.

I can conclude that you're a buttblasted Catholic mod that can't win in a discussion so resorts to banning.

It's ok though, I forgive you.

It's times like these that I miss when atheism was the hot shit simply because we gave no purchase to crackpots like this one.

Atheism is crackpot.

life is crackpot

LA MULANA INTENSIFIES

You already failed.

And also
You best not be talking about intelligent design, boy. You best take this to another thread before I repost some basic, fundamental scientific facts and studies disproving Darwinian evolution.

BRUTAL
OH
WOW
WHY CAN'T WE HAVE THIS GAME?!

In terms of making Buddhist (Wasn't Vishnu a part of the story? I thought it was Hindusim. If not, then sorry about calling it Hinduism– I got the two confused because I rarely ever looked into Buddhism's more outlandish deity aspects) theology a shounen anime, no.

I am actually intensely infuriated that THIS is the nature and lore of TES and yet all we got is dragons and not-Norse mythology rip-offs in V.

This is amazing. No wonder TES fans are akin to Berserk fans with how jaded they are over the turn this series took after Morrowind.

You kind of have something like that in a VN I read once. It was ridiculous, though.

Sadly, it really has become that way for the most part, but we're still around there. The Vs Christianity threads are still around and uncensored, though maybe that's because they aren't exactly condemning Catholicism yet

I don't think any bannings are from a Catholic mod, user.
I got banned once I began explaining how Judaism is a false doctrine based on the blasphemous Zohar and how the Talmud is the opposite of Scripture because it specifically states the rabbi has more authority than "a voice from heaven" ie God
My other posts, detailing the false doctrines, in particular Islam and Judaism, were deleted but my first posts just arguing in favor of Christianity were allowed, then I was banned for pic related, which was a post that was allowed to remain (while the others were deleted)

The only magic I believe in is meme magic, friendo.

We do, it's Morrowind.

Careful; the joking has become real
I mean have this game now, today.

Like a remake?

How ridiculous? Did it have a nice ending?

I'm not sure what those first two images are trying to prove exactly.

Even many Catholics understand the pagans of the Roman Empire had been using old artistic motifs and Christianizing them. This was part of the process of making the transition from mainstream pagan traditions to a Semitic cult centered around a messianic rabbi in Palestine feel more natural.

It's definitely Buddhism

art-eater.com/2012/01/a-buddhists-guide-to-asuras-wrath/
art-eater.com/2012/02/a-buddhists-guide-to-asuras-wrath-part-2-weapons-the-bishops-staff-and-hungry-ghosts/
art-eater.com/2012/03/a-buddhists-guide-to-asuras-wrath-part-3-weapons-the-vajra/

Vishnu wasn't in the story either. you are probably thinking of Vlitra/Vitra, which is a buddhist thing.

Ack! That's it! I'm sorry, friend. I suppose you were right. Thanks for correcting me!

It does have a nice ending, but it's…well…
pic related
the loli is the Necronomicon
and it has giant robot battles
and sex
and Lovecraft lore
It's…all over the place. Fun times, if you can handle it (the writing style got to me after a while).

A remake would be good, or a new installment to TES which makes as much use of the densely rich lore and mythos behind the setting.

So does anyone know why this thread isn't being bumped despite the posts?