So Quakecon is tomorrow

So Quakecon is tomorrow.
Are they going to show the new Quake or anything worth looking forward to?
If so when?

If they do, you know it'll be disappointing.

I like being disappointed. It is the only thing to look forward to now.

So how awkward is the con going to be

Recent events say, truer words have never been said.

Bethesda made Reflex?

Most likely no.
But if they do, you know it'll be fucking garbage.
I wouldn't be surprised if they turned it into a TF2-style game.

I sure do love spending 10 bucks on a game that will never be out of alpha

If the E3 reveal is anything to go by, its fucking garbage.

Are you a shill, OP?

Hardcore shill words right?

They're actively trying to make the game different than CPMA for no other reason than to be different. They changed the model size to be larger for CTF maps instead of adding a zoom function. That game isn't going to get any better, only worse. If you've played earlier builds you should be able to tell how horrible it is compared to now. Fuck, just go play CPMA and compare how that game feels to current Reflex.

sigh

DLC, some retarded story, shitty engine. What else is there?

Last year it was literally just fallout 4 shit and the tourney. They didn't even give out any cool shit like in the previous years

Don't forget that the reason why they're never ever releasing the SDK is so that they could implement microtransactions.

I really enjoyed Quake 4.

I would have like it more if it had no story or actually explained wtf they were discovering instead of "A HUEG COMPTURE" and "VERY EFICIEANT ENGINNIE" with "cinematic scripted events just liek HL".

I hope the new Quake will be f2p. I refuse to pay to play an online only game.
They can make whatever they want, even a hero shooter, as long as I don't have to pay for it.

I enjoyed it on a technical level because I had never tried an id tech 4 game on my potato and was pleasantly surprised that I could get 60 frames after maxing out everything, but the gameplay was complete trash.

Doom was the only truly god-tier game Id software ever made.

Q4 has a particularly funny speedrun trick where you can interrupt a person speaking by shooting them in the face with a grenade.

I've love the progression of these images.

Oh fuck, i already had forgot about this shit.
Fuck you, OP.

Q4 was Quake: MoH edition

why doesn't the community just support OpenArena or Warsow instead? maybe there would be a supported CPMA mode built in by now for OpenArena if that was the case, at least they are making some nice new skins with anime tits and ass as well as rebooting the rest of the assets.

as expected from proprietary developers

you could just play OpenArena, nQuake, Warsow, or Xonotic instead if you want free games/clones similar to the Quake series

Holla Forums has Xonotic threads usually, heres the current thread:

Just forget it user, it's easier that way.

Fucking this. It was their 20th anniversary and it was plagued with shit cooling, shit internet, and a shit con all around. I was hoping they would just kill it after that.

dont forget that shitty panel interview where they did nothing but show doom and gore, and retards and casuals were literally frothing at the mouth over it

They might. They'll probably show any new doom dlc they have as well.

They said they would show more at E3.

Why would there be anything there?