No man's review copies

Okay, we can now finally
OFFICIALLY
say that, without a doubt,
NO SPECULATION
that this game will suck.

Other urls found in this thread:

craveonline.com/entertainment/1015583-no-mans-sky-leak-causes-gamers-lower-expectations
archive.is/4HuHj
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fuck you

FUCK YOU

Wait, is there seriously an embargo? Some dude who paid already 1200 for it leaked out gameplay, and there's jackshit in it.

Why the negativity, cunts?

I don't understand why they would jack up the price to 60 dollaridoos without adding any additional content to it

I mean I supposed that once Sony got involved and gave them funding they'd put more shit into the game that they planned at the beginning
I mean I might've payed 20$ for this just for the novelty of it, maybe, but this shit is just scummy to another level

OH MY GOD I cant EVEN

Wow just FUCK OFF AND DIE

I cant believe you'd say something like that and not even be polite or anything and why

I can't remember the last time a game had a review embargo and it turned out to be good

Because there are very few upcoming games nowadays, so they can easy jack up the prices of games and desperate "next gen" owners would buy it.

I've seen the leaks and it's pretty much what I expect. I'm still buying it. stay mad faggots

You don't know what's hidden in this game's depths. The devs are obviously very secretive, so I'm sure they're hiding a lot until release day. This game is gonna blow your socks off, and when it does Holla Forums is gonna be embarrassed.

I'd buy the game for $10 maximum.
If they added ship-building, base-building, and flying ships bigger than my mom, maybe I would say $20-40.
$60 is only acceptable if they had some kind of mind-blowing shit that they hadn't revealed already.

Well, I mean the leaks didn't completely affirm that it was shit, because it was just one bad goy.
But once you go to embargoing review copies and the only leaks are shit, then you can OFFICIALLY cumfirm it sucks dick.

This is one of those todd-howard-esque roleplay jokes, right?
craveonline.com/entertainment/1015583-no-mans-sky-leak-causes-gamers-lower-expectations

So what's the score going to be? I'm calling a 7.0 as bloggers won't want to completely throw their media darlings under the bus, but they'll need to maintain a minimum of credibility among their sheep by saying it's not too great.

I'd pay 60 for really good online and the possibility of playing with other people in co-op against other people, since that hasn't been done in a space sim yet, but apparently this shit isn't even online so what the fuck

why would i be mad, i'm not the one paying 60 bucks for 30 hours of game

šŸ˜Ž

It's your time and money, if you like it good for you.

I would say the game was cumfirmed for shit long before this. The devs tweeted on twitter after all the leaks happened "Please don't read or watch them, you'll ruin the surprise!".

If a surprise is all you have in a game its probably not that good.

They're gonna give 8 out of 10s I'm sure because most people never played space sims, so they're probably gonna play this and get into the genre. That or they'll be like "Eh, it's okay" and never play it past 5 hours when they've seen everything they can in the game.

I'm going to say 6.5. They'll say that it didn't meet expectations but they'll also say that it has heart or something shitty like that.

But there is nothing else to do

Guarantee it'll have a 3-minute speedrun like The Witness did.

It's going to be such a huge flop that it's already one.

What's at the center?

There's a lot of marketing money for this game so I'm going with a review average of 9/10 and user score of 3/10.

A picture of Sean Murray doing goatse

Nothing to do

Whatever it is it'll be a bunch of hipster-cucks pretentious idea of deep.

Oh, thanks.

šŸ˜Ž

Don't know why they would even bother with embargos or anything when at least a dozen people have gotten leaked copies, be it the 1300 dollerydoo retard or people just going into walmart and picking it up for 60 because walmart doesn't know any better.

I've watched a couple different people who have streamed it and no surprise the hype was full of lies.
Things like there being ship classes where the only thing that changes in different ships is how many slots you have to install modules
Or procedurally generated factions when really theres just 3 set factions
Or only 10% of planets having life when really EVERY planet has life making discovering planets filled with life absolutely meaningless.
I could go on but you can probably guess by now that its todd howard levels of bullshit, don't buy into anything you've heard about the game.

Its a day 1 pirate for me, thats really what they deserve for building their entire marketing campaign off hype instead of what you actually get.

Are you just shilling the game or are you just mad that people don't like it?
Legit question, I don't care what you do honestly

Leaker didnt say what it was, but I can only assume it'll be like some commentary on the player finishing the game with piano/indie music during the credits because its an "indie" game.

Frog Fractions 2

>Hit that review embargo button when instead THEY SHOULD'VE been looking to build back customer assurance if they could've
What the fuck are they thinking?

Didn't you see the smiley face? He doesn't give a shit about your opinion

Neither. Holla Forums is just easy to mess with. I am buying the game tho.

You're just pulling my leg aren't ya pal?

IĀ sexually Identify as an the sun. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of slamming hydrogen isotopes into each other to make helium & light and send it throughout the galaxy. People say to me that a person being a star is Impossible and Iā€™m fucking retarded but I donā€™t care, Iā€™m beautiful. Iā€™m having a plastic surgeon inflate me with hydrogen and raise my temperature to over 6000 Ā°C. From now on I want you guys to call me ā€œSolā€ and respect my right to give you vitamin D and probably skin cancer. If you canā€™t accept me youā€™re a fusionphobe and need to check your celestial privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

Nobody took your bait so I don't think you did a really good job.
But whatever makes you happy

Are they doing this because somebody got a copy and leaked it? They cannot be that afraid for their shitty game that they will hope the hype gives them sales.

No.

I tried. ;-;

This game looks worse than spore and does not even have gravity properly installed. The devs even hate guns and violence so much that you get punished for killing things that try to kill you.

'' A R T ''

With the amount of money poured into this game and considering how small the dev team is, this game could make or break them. Of course they want to maximise their profits. If this game fails the studio is finished.

When you're caught red handed like these devs what the fuck else can you do. If you looked up what these devs did before its impressive considering their past, but at the same time anyone expecting a 10/10 perfect game from them is retarded.

Also why do they use a Destiny-style menu? Whats wrong with just navigating with the D-pad?

This plays while Sean narrates the most pretentious dribble as the credits roll

Neil Breen

i really wish this hadn't turned out to be such a pretentious piece of garbage, and the devs to be such numale pieces of shit

i want a comfy game like this where i can just cruise around a galaxy and explore, and i like the idea of mining and upgrading my shit. it sounds comfy. but for sixty bucks they can suck my dick, i would've gladly paid 20-30 for this like they originally suggested

hey fuck you leather man.

You'll never be a real boy.

This game has everything I hate in video games

And now review embargo.

It's the Ghostbusters 2016 of videogames because it will also bomb

and that's how you get ddos'd

Not bad, 7/10

nu-DooM

:^)

Its just gonna be the same thing that appears at the end of minecraft, mark my words

I'm sorry

I'm not mad I bought it, shame on me. What really pisses me off is that they didn't even give me their mediocre product, I have no closure.

JOHN CENA

That was a pretty great meme my man.

San Francisco

My money is on a DLC trailer.

Did anyone besides the usual cabal of indie shills and normalfags/reddit believed this game would be good?

And what`s the deal with review embargos? Is that shit even legal

That's everyone except some guys on Holla Forums

A shitty cam recording of the game creators spouting pseudo-phylosophical bullshit that has no meaning about the player's desire to want to end the game. Mark my words.

I realized that after I posted it

A review embargo is an informal agreement, it has no legal effect. But if you break a review embargo, companies won't work with you again.

Dobson is suddenly aroused.mp4

That`s my point, I can see a multi million dollar company doing that, not a shit indie game company with the same kind of power

Who are these fucks anyway? Why should any respectable source of news comply with a soon to be out of busyness assembly

Pretty much this. Though maybe it was sony that was going up to bat to slap an embargo. If it's the pissant nu male sky devs, who outside the skittle hair clique gives a fuck.

Review embargoes are common as fuck. They just usually end well before the release date. Putting a review embargo on a game that coincides with its release date, however, signals a lack of confidence in your product.

If it was actually Frog Fractions 2 I wouldn't even be mad.

>Frog Fractions 2: Common Core

You were doing really well up until this point. You need to be a little more subtle; you were so close to a perfect 10/10.

Its going to be Earth, with no one on it.

Some shit like this

It takes you to a new galaxy to start over.

It's like Dragon's Dogma in a sense. You reach the center and then find yourself in another universe.

shit gaem

Watch out Mark will change the board subtitle again. I enjoyed it but you're entitled to your opinion

Mark doesn't scare me.

this would be beyond retarded for multiple reasons.

no user, you can't fuck a pumpkin

Bargain bin here we come! "Where it really belonged in the first place"

It'll probably be something lame, and dull, with the message being that sometimes the journey is more wonderful then the destination.

Why the FUCK did you use then instead of than?!

WHY?!

WHY?!

>>>/reddit/

benis

I'm in dark room, and it's almost midnight

Because they've likely spent more than 10x the development cost of this game on marketing alone. Possibly more.
The price tag isn't indicative of the quality or work that went into the game, it's just a desperate attempt to barely break even on their salt-the-earth marketing campaign.

You're at the center, it's already deep.

that's a squash, user

Maybe you should stick to text messages, son.

FUCK YOU

We could create massive salt if we found out the center and ending of this shit

someone needs to get on that asap

It's called a Butternut pumpkin in Ausfag land and Middle Earth user

I can't believe that you're real, by by god I hope you are

yeah i bet you like your nuts buttered faggot

I bet you write then instead of than too, don't you? Fag!

no

oh, i jumped to conclusions
i apologize

A picture of Will Wright crying

you are not supporting them
we didnt support fucking Todd when we did the salt party why would we support these fuckers just to spoil the game for idiots?

I can't wait to see how [favorite youtuber] skewers this game. Just like they did with [bethesda product],

This would redeem the game of all sins.

Fill šŸ†šŸ’¦ me šŸ˜« with that šŸ’•BreenšŸ’•!!

Never ask that question again.

Wales.png

Is there any (80+) in here? Or is nomansky such a shit game they didn't feel the need to astroturf properly?

0/10

this would be kind of cool

Munny.png

Not any of the normalfags I know. They all think it's going to be nothing but empty fluff.

I might have influenced their opinions, though.

Why are No Man's Sky fags so terrible.

What?

Checked

It's the console equivalent of the Star Citizen Cult

its a doggy dog world

Seriously, why? It's a common word.

Dont wanna trigger some tumblrette and get banned user.

I wonder how long it takes for these guys to get buyers remourse.

They want to justify their preorders? I dunno.

I don't understand why NMS got so fucking hyped ever since its announcement. It's just another game that will probably turn out to be 'meh'.

I think it was in Simpsons where they joked like

Something along those lines. Anyways the only real appeal about NMS is that its the very definition of a mystery box.

Pic related.

I thought it was "dog eat dog" world.

I'm trying to find a clip from Duckman, where pretty much the exact same thing was reported in the news after censorship committee took over the world.

Thats the picture I was looking for. It perfectly describes this game and the attitude the gaymen press and people had about it.

THATS THE JOKE

Well I don't get it. I'd get it if the previous post was about doggy style

People who get idioms are a diamond dozen.

user, you're not making any sense :s

People like you are a diamond dozen.

inb5 no man's cum sucks the cum from a tranny cock

Lay off the purple prose, are you some sorta poet?

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like itā€™s a peach of cake.

I know it is b8, but REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

And you're sounds like your
And laser sounds like lazer
And Hellen Keller is a man

Someone is going to hack it in the first week and show what's in the center.

Guarantee it

the petal stool one is my favorite haha. That really got a chuckle out of me.

Hopefully the center can be turned into the new "kill son/nuke Boston".

hes probably talking about the need for speed underground series

Let's speculate:
ART SHIT:
>woman is the owner of the sky/universe because only women are awesome and can bear arms children and therefore the best thing to happen to reality

MEMES:

LAZY WRITING/GAME DESIGN

Azatoth

Gonna go with an above user's answer and say an prehistoric version of earth. Also your ship gets damage upon entering the atmosphere leaving you stranded there. At witch point you can either stay, end the game (presumably becoming the human race's "mitochondrial eve") or start a new game +

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Well that autist with the leaked copy finished it in just 3 days, and he didn't rush, he took his tome exploring the generic content

So naive. Rome 2 was relesed as a broken alpha, it had around 90 on metacritic for the first few weeks and IGN gave it an 8 without even mentioning the negatives

Some pseudo-intellectual bullshit so pretentious it's going to give you a film degree.

didn't Shadows of Mordor have one?
SoM wasn't a bad gameā€¦

Someone already got to the center.

it takes you to a new galaxy so you can start over

It would be a good game if Sony weren't cunts.

Why are there so many threads popping up on this fucking game if you fags have no interest in it.

Because we enjoy salt parties and this is the next big one?

How new are you?

mfw

Salt from what. The entire NMS community is excited for the game and the leaks only strengthened that excitement.

There's only one thread about it.

Of couse the kool aid drinkers are excited. And it doesn't take much to hype them up, when they're basically thrilled about a very large number.

Review embargoes are a good thing, review embargoes until at or after the game's release are a bad thing.

The reason here is that if there isn't an embargo, there is a lot of incentive for reviewers to write their review as fast as possible (meaning get lazy and skip most of the game then make assumptions) because the first reviews will get significantly more traffic than later ones, but if there's an embargo you might as well put your effort towards a quality review because that will be a decent factor in what reviews get looked at on release (outside of the website's established userbase and "controversial" reviews).

But obviously if the embargo is after the release it sucks for the consumers since a lot of people pre order or buy day 1, meaning they will buy the game before they hear how shit it is.

Almost fell for it until "Holla Forums" because I know a guy that feels that way about this game.

You're literally completely wrong. Their subreddit exploded and there was untold of amounts of salt after the first leaks that made the game look like shit..

that chain of logic makes no sense.
except the first articles still have more views

The embargo lifts for all sites at the same time, so there are no "first articles"

You John Malkovich'd into the creator of No Man's Sky in a first person sim style game: during interviews about the gameplay, you try to dodge questions and at home, you try to finish up game within the fours a day you give yourself and try to make it as close as to your lofty promises as you can. You must make a great game by the end of the year or risk being labeled a hack.

except that doesn't remove the incentive to post yours ASAP.
Besides even in games with embargos it shows that most reviewers don't even play the game past the first hour

You do not understand what an embargo means, this is not the same as when you ship out copies, an embargo is that the developer says to all reviewers "okay now that you have your copies a couple weeks before release, noone is allowed to post their review until the day before launch"

If a site breaks that embargo they will be blacklisted from that developer and likely other developers as well.

No I mean you're misunderstanding.
No matter what embargo the incentive is still there to drop it the second it lifts.
It doesn't add any idea of "play through the game first" because you're still at the end of the day pumping out however many a day.

What you mean to say is that reviewers have to write a lot of reviews, and that they might as well spend as little time as possible on each game so that they can write as many reviews as possible.

This is absolutely true and still a factor, but the point is that there are honest reviewers out there that need to be able to make a living. The honest ones will spend a reasonable amount of time playing the game and writing the review (sometimes a lot of time) before releasing, but if there is no embargo then they are at a huge disadvantage compared to some intern rushing through everything just to get the review out as fast as possible. Those interns will always exist in great numbers as long as there are casuals who don't care about quality journalism, but embargoes allow for the legitimate reviewers to exist.

except it's been shown time and time again even on review embargo'd games like SoM is the most recent one I remember.
90% of prerelease copies didn't get through the first boss.
There's no benefit for a review embargo other than trying to cash in on day 1 sales before reviews.

i am ashamed it took me this long to know a b8ter was behind this post

cucktulu is the final boss and it can erase your savefile if you lose to him

I didn't think I'd have to clarify again but I was not defending embargoes that lift at or after the games release. I believe that embargoes should lift from 3 days to a week before release so that consumers will know if the game is worth buying.

Pretty much every game that gets released has a review embargo, you only hear about it with stuff like Shadows of Mordor because it was an example of the embargo being abused.

And even if 90% of reviewers don't make it past the first boss, at least the 10% that did will have equal grounds with the 90% which if there is no embargo the 90% would be the only profitable reviews.

Except usually the 10% are from smaller sites that don't see a traffic boost from things like that to start with.
Only the clickbait sites really see a massive difference for first release.

Look I know that gaming journalism sucks, but even on shitty big review sites some of them or at least just some of the time they will have a reviewer that wants to put a little bit of effort into the review. Can you really argue that an embargo does not help at least some legitimate reviewers and harms the shit ones? Even if it's small, it's absolutely better than nothing.

Please explain to me why the world would be a better place without review embargoes that lift several days before a game's release. All of your complaints against them have only been about embargoes that lift on or after release, but I cannot think of a single reason why you would want to not have embargoes that lift well before release in favor of it being a free for all.

The face of God.

Because it doesn't actually benefit or hurt smaller reviewers.
The thing is a lot of the day 0 first review readers don't have any real loyalty and just flop around between whatever big site posts a review first.
It's like how people will flock to IGN/Polygon/RPS but you won't see then talk about CGC or some small outlet like that even if they were first.

The benefits to such a thing are infinitesimal at best and show a lack of belief in your product.
Most pre-orders are in about 2 weeks before the date. Day 0 sales make up for another large portion of that. An even smaller portion of those sales are influenced by reviews IIRC.

And no there is no reviewer on larger sites that care about such things as putting forth accurate reviews, it's just not the type that would work in that "publish 10 articles a week" structure.

Do you really believe that not a single aspiring journalist has gone to work at a big journalism site and even though they might be rushed with all of their reviews, they might just put in a little tiny bit more effort if the deadline for a review they need to write is on a certain day rather than ASAP? They work long hours but even a 60 hour work week with overtime isn't that bad, and if they really like a game they might want to give it something that resembles a legitimate review slightly more. I'm not saying that review embargoes are the saviors of journalism, I mean they exist and journalism is shit anyways, but there are no downsides to them and at worst there are tiny upsides.

You said "at best show a lack of belief in your product" but that is absolutely not the case. If you set your review embargo to be 2 weeks before the game releases and give review copies out a month before, you're saying to consumers that you believe that if critics spend a lot of time in the game experiencing the whole thing they will give you a more positive score than if they didn't. Saying fuck it and not caring about an embargo means that you know reviewers will rush all of their reviews and that you only have to make the game good on a surface level, like how shit like Sim City scored really well even though once you've got a small city going there is nothing to do and the gameplay breaks.

How good a game is doesn't matter, if the game has an advertising budget behind it, it will score a certain amount or else the publisher will pull ads from your site.

I can't believe I have to explain something that basic to you.

And no, they won't, 60 hour work week is about 20 hours more than a normal full time job, it's not going to happen for something as low paying as video game journalism. Especially when you're paid by the article

and if for some reason you do have someone who wants to give an honest review.
Here's what you'll end up with as a before and after.
polite sage for double post

fug

Peter Molyneux's gaping anus.

Alright this is the last time I'm gonna post before going to bed, you can't just say that "it's not going to happen". It might only rarely happen but the point is that it will happen to some extent with some individuals. Maybe its a slow season and they have more time than usual to write reviews and a game comes out that they absolutely love, can you really say that what I just described has literally never happened in the history of gaming journalism once? The points you bring up are all true factors but they are not the end of the story. I will not claim that games journalism is remotely where it should be but it isn't quite as incredibly pointless as you are making it out to be. Not every single reviewer that has ever written an article has solely done so exclusively for publisher ad revenue, sure for a lot of them that is entirely real but I think you need to spend a little bit less time outside of the GG board and a little more using your brain.

The world is not run by absolutes: not every nig nog is a raging chimp despite what extended use of Holla Forums might lead you to believe, Fallout 4 is not the worst game ever made in every way despite what Holla Forums might lead you to believe, and games journalism is not absolutely 100% devoid of any legitimate content despite what GG might have led you to believe. Nigs usually nog, Fallout 4 is a mostly shit game, and games journalism is almost entirely shit, but none of those are absolutes.

And you still have yet to bring up an actual argument for why having an embargo is detrimental for the consumers, please read the second paragraph of .

I'm saying you're completely disconnected from any sort of bearing on how things work.
There's no room for legitimate articles, you don't get views from moderate scores which is why every game is GOTY 10/10 or 2/10.
Even in a slow season you get things like the Kotaku articles about how clouds look like spaceships, or the IGN articles about unconfirmed rumors they made up.
And I already told you why it's detrimental to consumers. Pre-orders are already in by the time the review drops. Having a review embargo doesn't somehow magically force the reviewer to actually pay attention to the 23rd game he's been forced to review that month or what his editors are telling him to give it.
So all a review embargo does is try to get more gullible saps in while keeping them in the dark and hyped grand promises of nonsense.
You've also completely failed to explain how it's beneficial other than in your fantasy world it'll somehow force people to spend more time playing it, which I've already told you that's just not how things work.

Also you're floundering, you can't come up with a single example of your mythical dream happening even with review embargoes. All you're doing is saying "well it's not impossible that it may do this"
and it's not "impossible" for the nearby powerplant to implode tomorrow doesn't mean I should invest in solar panels.

I really just want to rub in how far removed from reality you are.

I didnt have alot of faith before looking at what they were putting out but in light of recent events im not sure if people will stay into this for very long.

Customer: Is it true I can do anything I want in your game?
Dev: You can do everything you want.
Customer: Is it true it's the biggest gamer ever done?
Dev: Sure. By the way, we're planning a DLC.
Customer: Is it true I will be able to tame animals and teach them trick, and bring them inside my space ship, and drop them on another planet so it will destroy their ecosystem?
Dev: It's too early to talk about this, but it's a possibility.

A few months later:
Well, I know it's crazy, and I can't explain why, but it seems like the game is over-hyped. Maybe the devs were slightly too evasive or misleading, but on the other hand, if people are disappointed, it's entirely on them for not getting informed.

- Communicate always using the same five planets (those also used for the packaging).
- Trailers are made of short sequences without any context whatsoever, impossible to determine what is actually going on in the game.
- Beg pre-orderers on twitter to not pay attention to the leaked footage and keep their pre-order so they can experience the game themselves.
- DMCA leaked footage all around the Internet.
- No review copies until the game is out, even though there's been photos of game boxes floating around the net, hinting it already hit the stores.

Reminder that Steve Hogarty drank the coolaid and has gone full SJW.

what did you expect after that article.
He was obviously told in very strong words to "fuck off and follow what we tell you" and being a games journalist that means going full blown SJW.

NMS is their Spore, user, and it will give them the same disappointment that Spore gave us.

can you like stop posting my art on this misogynists racist xenophobic goobergators site?

thanks
-kc green

But what if mario had no enemies?

?

JOURNALISM

That goes along the lines of Sarkeesian saying "well, devs can do what they want, but I wish they wouldn't be allowed to"

Or Gallant demanding people he doesn't like to not buy (not buy for Christ's sake) his game.

Or aGGros creating that heart icon, explaining it's a symbol of inclusiveness for everyone to enjoy (even though some people should understand they are not welcome to use it)

The list probably goes on, but that's all I can think of from the top of my head.

That guy in the gray hoodie(?) is trying to so hard to change the subject every time the other guy (black suit) starts talking.it's really fun to watch him trying to defend the game

Nice to see that gametrailers was still the same old gametrailers until the end.
Rts's don't work on consoles because they're turn based.

No Man's Cult.

Pirate first, pay second. By following this simple rule you will never buy a bad game and will never give review sites a single click.

Deez nuts

Nature's first green is gold.

A black hole of course :^)

I wonder how they're gonna feel when they realize that one guy was right and there is nothing but broken gameplay and recycled planets.

A strong, empowered Muslim woman.

They're just going to play it off as an art game. It doesn't matter that there wasn't any content in it, when it made them feel small and be in awe of the vastness of space and appreciate philosophical implications of blah blah blah 10/10 .

Damn, looks good enough to eat. Is that Hope Solo?

I would know what this meant if I was a retard who played shit games.
As it stands, I'm not, so what does it mean?

what the fuck does toeing the line in a company where you're reviewing fucking sims content packs have to do with social justice you goddamn retard? at least use your fucking buzzwords right

yep. its picture of a roast beef sandwhiche she made

If its interactive: A lot of dicks, Hitlers and dong mumus.

I agree with the evil editors on this one. If your job is to review games then you should review games fairly no matter what they are, not write a 4chan post.
It's like shit like nichegamer reviews where they try too hard to appeal to people who don't like reviews from ign or whatever.

not even trying

So it's a walking simulator where you only walk half the time

I have to ask: are people defending this game more than normal or about the same as any moderately overhyped game that's been in development for too long?
Shit like this has me thinking that this is the same crap we see from people every time something comes out but the game looks legit boring

I completely forgot that most star trek episodes revolve around one guy looking at stupid looking animals and getting minerals.
Fucking etrian odyssey looks like it has a much bigger sense of exploration than this.

Auto cock-blocker flags your post and alerts all the mods to your post to have you banned for life for having mentioned such a crass word.

I've seen messageboards with retarded words filtered.

Not as bad as Mon Hun tri filtering out BITE and AFTER

theyre still spewing the "unknown" aspect. i can understand wanting to go into a game blind, but there are so many red flags.

god damn EO is so good.

its hard to tell. maybe its more abnormal because of the retarded defence.

Think "star citizen" with less kickstarter money and more "OH GOD THERE'S NOTHING COMING OUT ON MY CONSOLE THIS SUMMER."

>tfw you have a wii u and actually have good games galore to play, even though the only game coming out is the new zelda in FUCKING MARCH of next year

console only fags BTFO

Nigger,do you think I'm really so stupid as to pay for roms?

Weird, I have a PSQuatro and I'm really looking forward to DQ Builders in October, the new Tales in March and the new NieR whenever that happens.

I suggest that nobody on this board shells out $60 on this shit untill it is pirated and exposed for the game it is. Remember, most shit games under a popular publisher end up selling well because of day 1 hype. For those who don't want to follow along and be a retarded consumer, pirate it if you feel skeptical about the product. If the product is good, buy it and enjoy the bonus shit you get for Purchasing it.

i own a wii u too its a shame everything i wanted to play on it was cencored/WHY'd
i also have a ps3 for last gens good exclusives

It's the Mario Maker box. I have one next to my Bloodborne box.

It was going to be KS till Sony signed it as exclusive.

SF V and No Man's Sky. Sony really has a fucking awful track record on 3rd party exclusives this gen.

I was using rom hacking tools since 12 this is just cookie cutter shit.

I don't know where you live,but I don't think October is summer anywhere.

The only worthwhile games on the wii u are Bayo 2, W101 and Fast Racing Neo

Sony exclusive. Comes with the same over defensive fanboys The fanboys even tried to claim the death threats to the devs after it was delayed were from PC Gamers even though PC Gamers could hardly give a shit since they have plenty of space sims and NMS was just another.

tl;dr Sonyggers

splatoon, smash4 are good. and zelda u is looking not shit. but in general it has been dissapointing.

With no hyperbole this is by far the worst generation since I started playing games on the mega drive.

Third party tiles on the wii-u are a meme

Yeah, PCMR definitely know better than to buy this shit.

owait

100% agreed. atleast i have the entirety of vidya from ps1 backward plus psp and nds on my android so i couldnt give a bigger shit. hell, the one game i want to play this gen is getting a ps3 release.

Nigger you don't even know how the top sellers list works
A game that sells 50 copies a day could top that chart

Valve has been known for pushing shit to the top sellers list. I don't know anyone who legitamatly bought "this is the police", batmeme, or rimjobworld but that's just me.

Where did the humor go?

you can pay to have things on the steam front page, you know

the top sellers is based on money gained, not quantity sold. a 60 dollar game can sell 4 times and get on there but a 1 dollar game can sell 200 times and it would be lower on the list.

this too

Is Shadows of Mordor any good ?

Video games are kind of a dying thing. This is evident when the gaming seen is pushed back to a niche PC dominate world. Japan's game market crumbled with the failure of Nintendo, the dropout of konami, and the outsourcing of capcom, western AAA games aren't looking too well either as infinite warfare and battlefield 1 don't seem to be getting alot of press attention for obvious reasons, fox news isn't whining about murder simulators so kids arent going out to rebel and buy the latest gore theft auto and the only media complaints are the leftist feminist ones and the industry are actually taking them seriously, as far as consoles the Xbox one is a PC with a controller and a neat little font end, same goes for the ps4 and that isn't even being designed or manufactured in Japan anymore (this time Japan had to wait for the ps4), the Wii U tried to mimic the brief success of the Wii untill Nintendo realised that motion controls were a meme and nobody wanted to swing around white dildos into their TV anymore, valve quit games and is sucking sheckles out of cargo skins and poorfag indie devs, and useless games like nu-males sky is getting pushed up all your asses. /Video games

It's not really a fair comparison as we had a lot of valid trust due to Will Wright's repeated ability to deliver. Yeah it was suspiciously impossible to make like 8 games in 1 and have any depth but with that team it might have been possible. With NMS it's just some no-name faggot who has only made a mediocre ps3 downloadable title of mobile game quality.

it's batman combat with assassins creed movement along with an interesting system of enemies

Grats bro but if you want a large collection of quality levels to play you'll find you run out of good hacks long before you do on MM.

Depends if the nemesis system decides to work for your playthrough or not. It didnt for mine. Game is also standard open world formula with meaningless items to collect and towers to climb. You also get overpowered really fucking quick which doesnt help

It is. It's why the latest video cards are out of stock and everyone's talking about poverty builds - a lot of people gave up on this shit gen and are moving to PC. It took harware makers by surprise.

NMS has been a steam top seller for months. They've likely sold a million pre-orders.

or, i can spend no money and play not shit games instead of the latest shitty games the publishers push out.

Think of a console gamer that hasn't done PC before. There's tons of gold waiting for them even if AAA is shit, and lots of quality obscure. I'd certainly rather be playing warband and stalker than cash-ins like Thief and Hitman, wouldn't you?

No, the entire premise confirmed it was shit before that.

The leaks transformed and divided the community. Overall, NMS discussion has gone from blind praise to somewhat cynical.

There are those that realized the game is all hype and moved on, those that significantly lowered their expectations and attempt to justify their preorder, and those that stubbornly wish to play the game "spoiler-free" as Sean Murray intends.

pic related is OC

yes it was shit, fuck you

no, you are shit

I dunno man, they seem more culty than ever. It's going to be like a mini star citizen event when this thing launches. I'm eagerly awaiting flop threads with Holla Forums e3 was not worth a pillow fort but this might be.

Yes and in every other instance, we get a clear answer such as: "yes, you can" or "no, you cannot".

Can't these faggots just wait another couple of months for Nioh? At least that's an actual game and not some sort of tsundere screensaver.

Yea I dont see normalfags going for Nioh.

Normalfags should consider moving entirely to mobile.

Niche games from major publishers won't be a thing again until the market stops expanding. There's no money in it. So we're stuck with the Indie crew who can't code instead of the Carmaks for probably the next 20 years (remember that AR gaming will become a thing in some years).

It'll will be nowhere close to that. At worst this will just be Spore Mk2. Some people might have bought new rigs to play NMS or something, but that's hardly the 'dropping their life savings into the game' stuff the SC people did.

I'm actually expecting a smaller implosion than most anons with star shitizen. I think they'll draw it out into infinite development and the potential for rage will just die down with time. There are lots of kickstarter scams that faded quietly away this way.

i suppose you assemble your PC every time you want to boot it

the problem with star citizen now is that they've dug themselves into a hole. because they're past the original proposed release of the game by two or three years now, they have to keep releasing alpha/beta updates to reassure people they're actually working on it, instead of people just trusting that a big game takes a long time to make. the fact it's taken so long is the fault of the donations running fucking wild and them adding goal features to keep the money train chugging along, when they should have just said "okay no more money" at some point and started working with a clear end product in mind.
all the shit that's been promised is nearly impossible to deliver now, much less in a timely fashion, so they have to keep giving out bite-sized additions to prove that they haven't taken the cash and run, and everyone who paid has alpha/beta access, so there will never be a "release." There will never be a big exciting day where the game drops, and you get to explore the universe for the first time, and try to be the first to go somewhere or the first to own a capital ship or explore all the features with your friends. Because everyone is already playing and one day it'll just beā€¦ done. Some update in the future will be the last update and then the game will have been "released" and nobody will even fucking notice.

If the game ever delivers on all the content they promised, the multiplayer universe won't be fun to play because the community is already ruined and jaded by the dribbling of occasional new stuff.

thou venture forward first good sir

I'm hoping this gets a price cut almost immediately, because I'd probably buy it for $20 without regrets.
It looks bland and unambitious, but it also looks chill and comfy as fuck. It's Space Engine minus the science, but with the trade-off of superficial interactivity.

I dunno.
It's for sure not a $60 title, but $20? Maybe.

I hope this goes the way of Mighty Number 9

I don't think it can, because it wasn't crowd-funded, nor did they have a feminazi community manager off her meds and her leash.
It's more likely to go the way of Spore - crushed dreams fading into bitter resentment.

They do though, only this time it's a tranny

Is that supposed to be a fucking X-Wing?

I saw the picture of that thing mixed in with the numales and humans, yeah. Did she actually dump menstrual maelstroms all over the forums, though? Or is she just the team's silent token cripple?

God you don't even know. She's been going full social justice on every social media for the past year

This guy in the grey cardigan gives off a very unsettling vibe. I can't tell if he's super nervous, on the verge of tears, hopped up on cocaine, or wrapped up in a pseudo-religious fervor.
Whatever the case, though, he needs to learn that it's not polite to interrupt. Raise in a goddamn barn, that one.

Got caps of any highlights? That all completely went over my head, but then I haven't been following this game super closely at all.

Haven't saved any, sorry
But I wouldn't be surprised if you went to her profile right now and found a bunch of sjw shit

HOLY FUCK, CANT WAIT!!!

It's a solid 7/10, maybe 7.5 if the nemesis system works the way it should.

The game's too easy but it's got some interesting tech on display, and the combat is Bamham but more brutal, which makes it a bit more visceral and satisfying than it might be otherwise.

Fun for a playthrough, not something I'd spend more than 20 bucks on though.

Oh God, rationale from a parallel reality!

These fuckers are so removed from reality it's INSANE! They will spin and rationalize anything to uphold the fantasy they have made around this game. Everything will be viewed through rose colored glasses. Every fault will be rationalized to somehow being compensated or, or being of minor importance.

When you don't walk, you swim or fly. Then scan some creatures, mine some resources with a laser that makes the most annoying sound you can imagine, sell those resources, upgrade your shit and then do the same again.

I'd like that

Yeah I mean, this shit is really just based on blind trust, nobody fucking knows whether valve are really honest as there's no transparency, only they know the precise numbers and statistics

I'm getting really goddamn sick of that word lately. Nobody "deserves" fucking anything. Everything, even your own life, is earned - even if all you have to do to earn it is breathe, you're still earning the continuation of your life by sucking air in and puffing it back out.
If it wants disgusting tranny monsters in its games, maybe it should make one or fund one itself.
That lack of self-awareness, though.

Do you have the edits that the devs of NMS being mudbread terrorists?

What a cuck.

Underrated post.

I kind of want to pirate it. Will this shit be denuvo-cancer again?

The shit continues, why have you forsaken us father?

hypocrite 101

Pic related.

Giant Bomb, Shittaku and Polygon now have copies they bought from a store breaking street date. Sony are refusing to send review code till the game gets a "Day 1" patch which will arrive on Monday. The Embargo is on Tuesday morning.

archive.is/4HuHj

How could they fuck this up any further?