ITT: Your all time favorite game

Whatever the game may be, post it.

your mom

You hurt my feelings

What about Fable makes it your all-time favorite game?

Played it for 3 years throughout my childhood.
It had cool combat, the story felt epic, and you went to a lot of places.

Mostly the fact that this is the game that really got me into video games.
Its not the first game I played, that would be Doom, but it is the most important to me. That said I don't play it much anymore since I've finished it 10 times at this point.

I have a hard time thinking of a game that stands out far and away as more fun than any, and my tastes have changed a lot as I got older.

One of my favourite early games was Tanks (I think?) The Green and Black wire frame game where you man a gun and fire at incoming threats.

Getting a little Older, I'd say I loved Black and White, and Sim Town/Sim Farm.

Older still, and World of Warcraft, just because I made friends in it, that are now some of my very best friends 8 years on.

Now a days I like Factorio and minesweeper, aND playing Diablo 3 on the piss4.

Enjoy the filter friend.
It's not like I ever said it was a amazing game.
I just said why I loved it as a child when I had been playing it.

underage confirmed

Definitely Dark Souls III

It was definitely worth the [spoiler]torrent[/spoiler[

How can you put one game as your favorite? Have you played like 15 games? I'm had probably 5 as my favorites, 10 if I had some time to think.

You have to go back.

Didn't Fable have you hold 1 button to block every attack from any direction for as long as you want? Didn't Fable have you repeatedly spam the super attack button to hit and stunlock enemies until they die? Didn't Fable give you so many one-ups it was impossible to get a game over?

Probably a tie between Fallout 4 and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

The Lost Chapters was released in mid/late 2004. If OP played it (close to release) when he was 10, he'd now be 22.

How many times have you played it? I've finished DS3 thrice. PVE is good, pvp isn't very nice.
All this said, I'd enourage you to play DS1. You might like it more if you can get past its age.

I never used block. Ever. Maybe that made the game harder, but I just didn't.

It got to the point where I never used the resurrections. The game is easy, I won't deny it. To the point where you can play through and never hit 0 health.

Descent II is better than Doom and anyone who says otherwise can go eat a penis

Eh, it's not that bad. I had fun with it. Unlocking talking doors and the combat with the right spells can be pretty fun.

The story sucks dick tho, I was just laughing my ass off while watching my mother and sister suffer because of how awfully it's presented.

Also on Hero Mode good luck advancing and not getting gangraped constantly without picking the right spells.

I picked the windy push back out of sheer luck and it was enough, the optimal one apparently is the fire push back. Pick anything else and you're utterly fucked.

My favourite game is DQVIII. Vast open world, addictive combat, awesome, green and happy graphics and music. Childish and cliche as fuck characters and story that ended growing to be my best friends. 80 hours to complete everything knowing what are you doing… Hot stuff.

As an user put it the other day, DQ put its money on content and the game itself while the industry in general and FF put it in marketing and hype.

DQVIII was the last game with that philosophy and also the best one ever created.

I have probably spent close to 1500 hours playing this over and over again.

I've played somewhere around 100 games. I pick it because it gives me the happiest feelings when I recall playing it.

I have a ton of games that I think are great. You can post as many as you want friend.

Is Dark Souls supposed to be an old game?

i laughed for about 5 mins man

honestly, thank you. had a shit day. where can i send you some reddit gold?

Not old per se.

I just think that the general control scheme and feel isn't as refined as DS3 or Bloodborne.
Thats not to say that those are better. But they are newer. You can tell from comparing them visually that DS1 is old compared to DS3.

I've played through it twice. once as a knight, and once as a pyromancer. Fuck what the faggots on Holla Forums say, it was a good fucking game, with cool locations and cool lore.

Fuck you

I was telling you to go back to halfchan because of your fucked up spoilers you disgusting cunt. Fuck you and the gay shithole boat you rode in on.

Where are you implying I should go back to? Plebbit?

I really wish this board would stop circle-jerking over like 5 games, and any other game is a "fucking load of bullshit and you're a fag for playing it." You fucking faggots are as bad as /mu/ posters.

Can't we just agree that DSI, DSII, DSIII, and Bloodborne are the only good fucking games out right now?

Uhh no, heres one that comes to mind almost instantly:

Mark pls

What the fuck are you doing faggot?

I'm defending Dark Souls III, faggot

why?

is your life so empty and vapid that you need to seriously defend your opinion about a fucking video games to strangers on the internet?

do you have absolutely any faith in your own worth as a person?

Here's the problem. I didn't say a thing wrong about DaS3.

age of wushu and anarchy online
*sprints away from thread on his tippy-hoofs before the trolls arrive*

i fixed your image for you

Ocarina of Time is le best xdd

Rolling

That guy is good when he's drunk.

Checked

fuckin checked

Hard to say. I can probably note my favorite in each given genre I've played but it doesn't make much sense to me to directly compare my favorites across genres.

Impressive, very nice.

Yay I got quads.

My fav is probably either MGS2 or 3.

AIN'T NO STOPPING ME NAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

No more heroes, definitively. Is my go to game when I'm feeling down. NMH2 isn't bad, but 1 is just better.

The best game ever made

Blade: Edge of Darkness.

better chorus usage than darksouls

I have many but I'm gonna pick this one

zack braff is a faggot. his middle name is Israel

That one's obvious!

I'm actually torn between this and Way of the Samurai 4.

This is probably mine for the same reasons OP. I don't know what it was but it really struck a chord with me as a teenager.

I don't know if there are any other games to date that I've played as long as halo 3.

I wish I could go back, if even for just a day.

I've got to admit, I'm torn over which I prefer best out of one and two. At least AoE2 isn't dead.

SWTOR. The game that got me into Star Wars. I was so interesting in the Expanded Universe only until that sack of shit Lucas sold it off to Disney. Now Star Wars means nothing to me.

Nothin beats the fast mang

Doom II because of mods. Otherwise I'd have to say Super Mario Bros. 3.

As a game, I'd say that Age of Empires 2 was a lot better, but the first was a lot more comfy. I'm not sure how to out it into words, but the other ones felt too fast in a way. I enjoyed maxing out tech in the original. I never had that in mind with AoE2. It was just about rushing. Maybe I was just playing it wrong.

I never played the second one though I always wanted to

Oh, and I like Fables TLC as well. As well as Alpha Protocol.

INB4: >Unpopular Opinions Thread

If this game had endless resources in the same way AoE 2 did with markets it would have been way better. There was so much fun to be had at all levels of the game until all resources dried up and you ended up just trying to make do with what you had available to finally break the other guys defenses, or end in a stalemate.

I know the feeling. Maybe it was just because I haven't played AoE1 since I was a wee lad but you could take your time and max out techs without having to worry about getting rushed or having to rush. Making a comfy village is a lot more fun in AoE1 too and each empire wasn't that different to another.

I've never been more autistic about a game. OpenRCT2 is a godsend.

I'm sorry, but you all have pleb taste.
Unlike the rest of you faggots, I like to think.

Vagrant Story
I know some of you guys don't really feel like it's anything special and at times may think it's shit
but I'm not joking when I say Vagrant Story was the Souls game of its time.
You play as Ashley Riot who goes after the cult Mullenkamp in a setting where magic and monsters no longer exists.

In the game, you go in room after room with a certain kind of theme to them such as forest, underground, undercity, upper ground, etc with appropriate enemies that fit them
The battle mechanics enable you to hit an enemy's appendages with the appropriate effects afflicted when that particular appendage's 'hp' is low such as
silence for head, movement speed is halved for legs, etc.

Not only that, but you also get to craft your own weapons and armor in the game (altho the weapon part is the only ones you can see equipped).
mix and match blades and hilts and gems to make weapons that are effective against the type and element of your enemy.

Story isn't so bad either. As I said you are Ashley Riot who is sent after the enigmatic and charismatic Sydney who is the leader of the cult Mullenkamp.
Mullenkamp is trying to escape from the bishop's holy knights who are looking for the gran grimoire, a sort of spellbook that holds the key to lost power.

I was going to post this
gud taste user

I've pretty-much never stopped playing this games ever since it came out in 2006

It was between this and Morrowind, and before the "DeS/Daggerfall was better" hipsterfags arrive I am fully aware of the differences between all these games and the exact ways in which each is better from another, you don't have to explain it to me. I just value the things DaS does better than DeS more than the reverse, and the same goes for Morrowind/Daggerfall.

One of my favorite platformers of all time

I just came to say that you're my kind of nigger. I've played MP at least once a year since its launch

please dont bully
I really like vanilla wow

I miss it to…..

One of these two, can't decide really. Most tetris will do, puyo puyo tetris is one of the better ones.

By far my favorite game of all times, I never get tired of replaying it.

I can't decide on these four.

I used to play that before work 9 or so years ago

Is AoE 2 worth getting the original version of.

This shit was the dankest game I had on the original xbox.

I feel much the same. I get my H3 fix from this nowadays.

Both games in the hotline series have a special place in my heart. The atmosphere and music are perfect.

Complete Jewery and mountain of DLC aside, I can never bring myself to uninstall Payday 2. I've spent more time on it than I care to admit. I've met so many good friends on there and we'd regularly just pick a heist and shoot the shit. Its almost cathartic

No game can top this, i've probably replayed it 15-20~ times and i have to replay it atleast once every year. Unlike GTA's and most other games it just dont get stale, there's allways fun to be had even if i only play the main missions through.

Is great too though it's been 3~ years since i last time got really into it.

I miss it so much…

This is all I want from a western RPG, and I just can't get enough of it. I am willing to forget beamdog for ruining the series because they at least did not change the core gameplay.

I haven't found a better blend of humour and horror or difficulty and fairness than this game.

The Wonderful 101 is also up there for sure.

The soundtrack was dank as fuck.

It was one of my favourites. I didn't get into any of the hype for it, since I only saw it in a catalogue, saw it was by Lionhead and since I liked Black & White I thought I'd try it.

I liked a lot of the ideas, scarring, ageing, getting taller/muscular/fatter etc. Since a lot of RPG's just let you customize your character to look however you want, but doesn't really change over the course of the game. Problem is they were implemented poorly as they didn't affect anyone else in the game.

It's really easy to finish this game in an ingame month and have aged 50 years. While your older sister stays exactly the same age and your mother isn't dead yet

TLC also made a bunch of changes that didn't work out so well.

The PC controls are completely wonky as well.

The fight against Jack in his Dragon form is shit as well, since the best way to beat it, is to stockpile potions and pies and just hit him until he falls over.

The whole collecting hero souls was stupid too. Thunder's makes only a bit of sense if you killed Whisper which is the best choice every time and married Lady Grey.

You only kill the Guildmaster to get him to stop talking about potions or food. He's the only character in the game that's always helped you throughout the game.

Briar Rose is just there. You encounter her three times during the main game (the third time she helps you stop Jack).

Since the main objective of the game is to stop Jack, there's no point the hero would ever listen to his suggestions on who to kill. But "choices" made it possible, despite how dumb it is.

It's better than 2 and 3 at least.

Putting aside the fact there are far more than 4 or 5 good games from the last decade, are you aware that you sound like a retard?

Opinion discarded

Metal Gear Rising for gameplay and best boss fights of all time

Half-Life 2 for my favourite atmosphere in a video game

Bonus: Hotline Miami 2 for my favourite soundtrack of all time alongside Metal Gear Rising of course

And, I guess MGSV takes second place, because it's the only AAA game I've bought for full price in my life.

Tactics Ogre may be much better, but I still can't stop considering FFT as my all time favorite.

It's not bad but how can you stand the soul-crushing disappointment?

Sage because I'm terrible at picking a favorite

I didn't play LUCT but if the original psx and gba ones are enough to go with such opinion i'd say you are wrongfully wrong, their combat systems are rigid as fuck

Yeah, sure the story was, eh, y'know. But I like to play games, and not watch six hour cutscenes of an old man and his back pains. And judging by gameplay and all the fun shit you can do, MGSV is probably the best game I've ever played.

Fuck you, I like 4 more.

Fight me.

nigga you know everything that was going to happen in chapter 3

I really liked the soundtrack. This game was comfy.

Scratch that, I only liked a few soundtracks. The rest sounded too similar if I recall.

Well, I'll try to.
But here's the thing I like 4 a lot as well
My top 3 list goes Re2, REmake, and Re4

But aside from that
But most of all..
I think you got the wrong game, the cheesy bond title is 2 games down.

Zelda: Majora's Mask

I'm ashamed to say I've never beat it.

Piranha Bytes pls

I gotta agree. 2 is definitely a classic, but it's plagued by it being piss easy, continuation errors and the police station's retarded layout.

Who didn't like the soundtrack? It was composed by Danny fucking Elfman.

hopelessly in love since it came out