nihilism LOL

nihilism LOL
In all seriousness. Why are Battleborn characters so cringeworthy, depressing & hard on the eyes? While Overwatch characters are fun, Optimistic & easy on the eyes? Does Gearbox hate beautiful people or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

battleborn.wikia.com/wiki/Orendi
battleborn.wikia.com/wiki/ISIC
actiononsalt.org.uk/less/Health/
youtube.com/watch?v=C78HBp-Youk
lmgtfy.com/?q=prove a negative
youtu.be/sbX5FCf1NYg?t=140
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because gearbox has shit designers

The also all sound ATROCIOUS. Like every single one is trying to one up one another on a "SO CRAZY QUIRKY XD!!" persona

ftfy

Oops forgot link. there not one but two characters with nihilism as there only character traits in Battleborn. One of them
Played by Ashly burch. Is Ashly burch the kind of bitch that gets triggered that Star Wars portrays religion and hope in a positive light? battleborn.wikia.com/wiki/Orendi

battleborn.wikia.com/wiki/ISIC

It doesn't help that there is no consistent art direction in the game. Randy Pitchford said "I wanna make a game where Master Chief, a Jedi, and an archer all fight along side each other!" as a selling point for a boring tower defense/FPS mix.

I guess they gave up on trying to make a game with ugly humans because all their DLC characters seem to be animal mascots.

Ugly characters is one thing. But there characters are so unlikable. It's like Battleborn was suppose to be a edgier borderlands that been marketed as a T rated kids game in the last minute.

There's so much to talk about on this subject.
We could talk about how blizzard usually always aims for audiovisual thematic coherence in their games and understanding coherence is what often tells experienced devs apart from new, unexperienced devs, but all we'll get is a bunch of dumbasses shouting OVERCUCK LEL.

Sometime i wish we could have intelligent, good discussion on this shit even when the hivemind didn't approve of the subject, it's so fucking frustrating.

Nothing wrong witht that video, I think. VA might be cancer but taht character sounded ok

I never saw anything wrong with overwatch visual design, all the opposite. They made it coherent, visually appealing and full of waifubait

I am curious of how much Ashly burch is influencing the writing. Because Anthony burch rage quit the industry before Battleborn was finish. But you would never guess that from the humor and out of place gender identity polilicts.

Anyone who hasn't killed themselves and claims to be a nihilist isn't a nihilist, they're just a hedonist who feels a need for reconciliation.

Considering theres no meaning in life, theres no real meaning in suicide anyhow. You can just allow yourself to be a fucking self-indulgent wreck.

I recall Burch being called in to help write for Battleborn

A self-indulgent wreck is a nihilist. Being a self-indulgent wreck means you find meaning in doing so.

please

not nihilist, i meant hedonist

Nihilists wouldn't be fighting to save the universe even too save themselves.

Nihilism is just the acceptance of your place in the universe, which is a microscopic, meaningless composite of atoms

No, it means that I find no reason to put effort into killing myself when I can just give in to my self-indulgent instincts. Killing yourself is pretty difficult, user.

Being a cuck is just the acceptance of your place in a relationship.

Nihilistic themes in Battleborn starting to makes sense now

overwatch designer is japanese

kill yourself race traitor

Go away Mike.

Yep. It's acceptance of how meaningless everything is.

It's funny how that is - it stresses you out at first but then it makes you so fucking calm.

You just sorta "get" that life is as meaningless as anything else is, and you get to literally do whatever you want, as though its a fantasy.

It breaks barriers and lets you actually stop giving a fuck about things you would usually be an awkward retard about.

The bad part is that you no longer value anything nearly as much as you would otherwise.

user, this is the part where you stop acting like Reddit and attempt to understand where the other side of the argument is coming from.

Our belief is as coherent as it gets, and its pretty scary to think about until it "sinks" in and you no longer care that it is the way it is.

To be honest, I sort of think of other philosophies as escapism now, a lot of them are built on baseless assumptions.

Yes, I bit down on your bait.

oh hey it's the faggot that always shills his shitty fucking board

I'm not shilling it now, am I?

Looks like I've been a Nihilist since I was about 16 then.
That explains why I like this board so much, and why I shitpost in it.

and why i always get suspended from twitter

god, it's like watching a dog repeatedly walk into a wall.

I wouldn`t know because I never played the fucking game, and your shill thread won`t encourage me to do it

But isn't it funny?

I hope you don't actually own that in real life. If you do. You are a bigger homo than a brony

Holy lel, I should have expected this. I bet you're like 20-25 as well and think you're "enlightened"

you're going to have to elaborate, m8

They project their self-hatred onto everything else including art until it is all shit. They hate quality and even beauty itself. That's part of the reason why they claim everything is subjective and relative. It's a mental sickness.

Randy micromanaged everything to death.

I'm 20

Accepting the lack of there being anything to be enlightened about is the exact opposite of being "enlightened" m8.

No shit, nihilists are always degenerates who use it as an excuse for everything they do.

You completely missed the point of this thread. Battlememe is only there to keep it from getting deleted. This thread is really just to get reddit to come out and throw shit at each other

Fuck you, I'd take it for free if I could.

He's not gonna listen.
That's the point. You aren't going to change anything, which is redundant in itself.

But acceptance is enlightenment itself, or it's wisdom.

Nevermind, it's wisdom, they're different things.

There are no excuses, darling.
If you fuck up, it's on you.
I agree with the fact that not everyone sees the same way, and people shouldn't act like they do.

narwal le bacon, xdxdxd

Guys I know its not vidya, but the single most biggest pile of cringe I have encountered is Suicide Squad.

The salt from all the "IMMA NERD" crowd is fucking amazing too.
I'm diabetic now.

Soon brothers, soon we will spread the minion germ and convert everyone to minionislam.

The day is soon to be upon us, brothers.
Banana, Banana, bananana.

Hey! The good news is that it gets the SJW's riled up.

It's a lose/win situation.

I don't understand why it's so hard for people to just sit down, and honestly think about nihilism as a concept. It's the only real worldview that is 100% rooted in logic and perception.

Is it scaring you? Is it just your inability to pretend for a second that nothing really fucking matters? Is it really that difficult for you to understand that metaphysical concepts such as morality, right and wrong, ethics and etiquette are nothing but humanity's evolved principles of social interaction?

It's the 21st fucking century. Nihilism, acceptance of the void, and understanding of the absurdist principle is the future. It's what going to allow us to function without conflict, and secure our hedonistic, happy existence.

I wish I were a nice skeleton.

Morality is deeply rooted into 99.99% of people actually.
It's a type of instinct.
The rest I agree though, the only thing that matters is reproduction, health, emotional fulfillment and survival.

Also, I've met other cringy as fuck Nihilist who use the "NOTHING MATTERS" excuse to talk about their extra genders, it's terrifying.

you can click your teeth very fast, and rattle your bones happily. You can play happy songs on your ribs like a xylophone

Heart Failure.

I'm honestly amazed, this movie was hyped like Destiny, tons of articles and news popped up here and there, NONE about what its about, ALL about the actors and other stupid bullshit.

Fuck nerd normalfags fucking dying from salt pressure.

Is pain also not real to you as its just a chemical and electrical response in the brain?
Can you place your hand on a stove and leave it there as your flesh melts?

No you probably can't, something being in the mind of man doesn't make it any less real.
In fact its because of these made up concepts of loyalty, family bonds, social support, even the bad concepts like jealousy, lust and fury are all responsible for you getting to this point and experiencing life just so you can sit around and declare none of it matters.

Everything has purpose everything has meaning, if something appears not to given time its meaning will become clear.

Almost everyone involved with Suicide Squad agrees that Jared Leto is an unprofessional cocksucker.

actiononsalt.org.uk/less/Health/

Curing?

I think he means in the long run, I totally get what you're saying though, I strongly agree.

Look at my other post, you fucking idiot, and read it, child.

Nihilism gets a lot of flak, but people don't seem to realize that what they perceive as nihilism is actually cynism.

Cynic is basically what a heartbroken ideologue becomes after he understands that humanity is a cesspool of personal interest and egoism.

Nihilism is acceptance of the abovementioned truth without resentment for it, and understanding that its the natural order of things for an individual to be ultimately egotistic and selfish.

If I had no ego or sense of self I would be able to. My consciousness is bound to a body that is designed for survival. Of course I wouldn't be able to go against it, thousands of years of evolution made sure to put a failsafe in there in case I decide to harm myself.

My body and primal instincts bind me to basic "rules" which a human was made to follow to maximize the chances of survival and passing on of my genes. It's why I feel pain and avoid harm, and also is why I can feel love and want to have children.

It's natural, not conscious.

Eh, the bird guy is the best one

You can also make a nice sound by hitting your skull repeatedly. And stroking it lovingly.

Like clockwork

I agree with pretty much everything you've said thus far.

So how does it make it not matter or not real?
Only with man's primal instincts do people dismiss them as not real despite actual results from a non-existent entity.

Higher intelligence is the destination of basic life, because it happens its intended.
We are here for a reason, which may only to accelerate entropy to bring the Universe closer to its end.
Or maybe the universe is a conscience being and we are agents sent on a journey of self discovery.

All I know is that 4000 years ago some faggot was fighting the base elements, sacrificing for others, and dying most likely a painful death, all in order for 4000 years ago Faggot. Jr ^1000 is saying none of those things matter or are real.

Life matters to an extent, my view is that we have a limited existence, live and do what you can do, be thankful for those who fought for you and just accept that they're gone and you will be too.

Just go back to reddit, you pretentious faggots.

Discussing shit is not pretentious.
Seeing a group of guys discuss shit and putting yourself on a pedestal of
Pretentious 1 is u.

Intelligent life is no more intended than crystalline structures, or fractals, or snowflakes, or complex systems of numbers.

Patterns exist. Evolution is a pattern, too. Intelligent life is nothing but an emergent property of that pattern.

It's what allowed us to become the superior species on this planet. It is one of the apex moments of evolution, period. There's no reason for it; It's spontaneous.

Seeing patterns within a random system is a property of human mind.

As for reality of it all - you objectively have no way to tell if the reality you perceive is real or not. You're accepting all those inputs through signals that your brain takes in through your nerves; You could be in a vat right now, hooked up a to a complex simulation.

You have no objective measure that could prove the reality of the world you live in.

Why though?

Please, user, calm your teenage angst.

I wouldn't be surprised if that did in fact happen for fear of kids or teens not being able to buy the game without a parent at a game store. Isn't Overwatch rated Teen as well?

I don't know why people are shitposting about that. That's what early TF2 did and thats what made it work, a silhouette effect where you can tell which character is what from the distance because of how well they're designed.

Compare that to Overwatch or any modern military shooter. I guess over time you will be able to tell, but one of the dudes flat out looks like a tree instead of a character

Shit man you got that completely backwards, Cynicism is rooted in the Greek word for dog because the practitioners were called that for behaving more like animals then people. Cynicism in it's original meaning was rejecting morality and returning to nature aka base instinct. Cynicism originally was a rejectinn of social values having meaning; Nihilism is the rejection of all meaning period.

In the modern day Cynicism has changed to essentially being a rejection of social values because of bitterness.

Is the only thing that is remotely noteworthy and even he is not that good.

I hate reddit.
Telling me to go back to reddit is like me telling you to go back to gaia.

It's because I'm not a cunt.
I also DO agree that even if you don't thank them, they're still going to fight.

It would be like being a disrespectful cunt to the US troops, I mean, they're fighting for YOUR right to talk shit. I'd be pretty thankful, because of our past troops are well, we can try to form theories surrounding our existence.

The REAL (current) truth is, we don't know anything, even the most elite of the elite don't know what's EXACTLY going to happen. We can only theorize and think, since we are still living.

What's the point of typing if you truly believe everything will be gone, you're typing text that will disappear in a couple of days, and it will barely be remembered by anyone.

ALL UNITS BE ADVISED

FEMINISM IS AWESOME

*as well, durr.

Sure.

Seriously trying to discuss any of this goes against nihilism in the first place and shows just how full of shit you guys really are.

Because he's not a nihilist, he's an attentionwhore. If he actually wanted to die he'd just die.

Ancient Cynics =/= modern cynicism.

I'm talking about modern cynicism primarily because its just sort of the context. I should've clarified what I meant, though.

Anonnnnnn being a cunt or not being a cunt is subjectiveeeee please play by the rules of the discussion.

There's no reason not to, and it's entertaining to me so thats why I do it. I don't need any sophisticated reasons to do what I do.

nihilism is acceptance that you dying would mean nothing, not wanting to die you fucking moron

People actually take this seriously? A course in basic logic might be useful for them.

Though it is good for finding the 15 year olds who post here.

Thank you.

There's another word for it, it's not exactly Nihilism, but it's close.

Like a sort of psuedo-nihilism.
He doesn't want to die exactly, he just thinks nothing matters, but then again, that specific person brings up some flawed points, compared to the other anons.

Like, propositional logic?

I really wonder how much of the bad writing in Gearbox games is Anthony Burch's influence, or if they're all ad-libbed.

Using nothing but logic, explain to me why nihilism is objectively wrong

nihilism does not mean you want to die, user. Suicidal impulse is a byproduct of confronting the absurd, which is a whole other can of worms.

You sound like you're full of shit, user.
At first I took you somewhat seriously, but now I think you're legitimately stupid, nonetheless, I still agree with SOME things you said.

I DON'T think you're a Nihilist exactly.

That's what I just said, it's literally in my post.

Then die, save humanity the trouble of carrying your ass. It's not hard to process.

no, user, it is not. You assume that nihilism implies suicidal impulse, which it does not. You are wrong on that one.

Cutting that part out, why do you not think I'm a nihilist exactly?

BOY. ALL OF THIS SMART, INTELLIGENT, SOPHISTICATED, ENLIGHTENING, UPLIFTING, ENRICHING, EUPHORIC DISCUSSION MAKES ME HUNGRY FOR ONLY THE HIGHEST QUALITY, MOST APPETIZING, SUCCULENT, NUTRIENT RICH MEALS KNOWN TO MAN.

"user, DO YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS WANT SOME TENDIES?"

That's Nihilism lite faggot, you're suppose to struggle and continue to struggle while forging your own meaning.

If there is no right and wrong, then there is only will, meaning someone can beat the ever-loving shit out of you and be morally justified to do so.

yes!!!

You can't be "nihilist", it's a process for breaking your ego for another ideology. Read up about the ideologues you spill.

Are they meat-free?

Yes

This is also a very good point.

I like to think of Nihilism as a palette cleanser, with it you can form a ideological bedrock and add to the structure with non-conflicting philosophies.

Ya'know, kinda like Ginger with sushi.

Am i the only one who hates the overwatch graphics style? It looks like a more high poly version of wow, which is to say a pile of shit with too much makeup.
Battleborn is even worse though.

You're confusing nihilism for absurdism.

you're rejecting a system and still binding yourself by it in a single sentence, user.

imagine how desperate you have to be to call anthony motherfucking burch for help.

Or brain bleach.

BASIC
FUCKING
DESIGN
RULES

say what you will about overwatch but it follows simple but effective rules, you have to be able to immediately identify the character along with their role and threat level from just a silhouette or the sound of their footsteps. all the characters in overwatch actually have superb sound design, every footstep and every weapon sounds different

battlebortion does not follow this rule, pull up any character from it on random and try to explain what role the character serves without looking it up

And you're playing a semantics game, the logical conclusion taken by those who indulge in nihilistic thought is naturally absurdist.

You could argue that I wouldn't be right nor wrong in beating the ever living shit out of you, but as I'm currently the one standing over you, I can say whatever I want and use whichever systems of thought to justify it. Be it secular or otherwise.

In the context of will alone, I would be as "right" as right can get.

I can make anything I want up, because you currently can't, as you're no longer conscious.

So I would indeed be right, though you could argue that, if I reject such notions of right and wrong, I wouldn't be anything, but If I held onto such values, I would be correct.

Stopping at nihilism is the equivalent of eating at mickey d's for life instead of learning how to cook.

That's basically what I'm doing, I tend to suffer to Cognitive Dissonance very often due to it.

I'm getting there user.

yes

My problem with nihilism isn't what you believe or don't believe in is. It's the fact that people think that nothing matters on a significant enough level, and there isn't an "end" level and there never will be. A good allegory would be comparing an ant to the sun or any star really. The ant is non existant because of it's size and life expectancy. However compare it to microscopic entities and you could see the ant as an entire world in of itself. Nihilism only sees the smallness of being, but not the other way around. You could do something unintentionally that will affect something much smaller than yours, maybe for eternity comparing to their "standards". Just like how everything is the literal center of the universe. The "nothing matters in the end" could be used to anything. Why better yourself and your fellow man if humanity will die out sometime, whenever that be a few years from now on, centuries away when the sun explodes or even more later when our galaxy collides with another or just simply when the universe streches so much that it simply implodes.

Interactivity is the key in my opinion to forming one's reality.

nihilism is a rejection of all values. If you use it as a "stepping stone" you were never a real nihilist to begin with.

Speaking of diabetes. How long until movie Bob expires? Last I heard he bitching about anti-feminist and islamophobic Donald trump is. And white knighting Hilary clinton.

Why is Jimmy mom such a underrated cartoon milf?

there are at least three other dedicated shitposting threads where you fucks can argue about stupid shit that isn't video games

tl;dr My problem with nihilism isn't what you believe or don't believe in is.
Interactivity is the key in my opinion to forming one's reality.

Hoohoohooohooo

Nihilism is the rejection of values based on the failure of society to follow said values.

The phrase "God is dead" isn't a reference to the death of an actual god, but the death of the belief in god, as nobody follows the rules, meaning those values failed.

Nietzsche himself even says that it is crucial to replace those values with something more in line with what makes a society function and strive for greatness.

You could argue that the straight rejection of all values with no replacement of anything is a more passive form of nihilism, but the very idea of ubermensch specifically says that you would need to create your own values.

YES!!!!!

Though, you can easily argue that no values are truly our own, but are a patchwork based on interacting with others, and other philosophies entirely.

But reality is perceptive in nature, so it's a moot point.

Marxists, ladies and gents.

Yes, the sense of scale is tipped in one direction. Like how seeing an elephant makes people go "wow how big" but you doN't get the same "wow how small" when they view a cat or a mouse. Because smaller things are kind of just there, while bigger things like buildings get acknowledges much more. I wouldn't call them "pleasing" but they certainly "eyecatching". I think that this applies to morals as well.

I'm no marxist, I'm simply aware that reality is based on perception.

Though the reality that Marxist perceive clashes with my ideals and with my values.

As I said before, I am aware of how fleeting my values are, but I also know that, to me, and to many like me, we are right, and they are wrong.

and the time will come where that needs to be put to the test.

user, how would you explain things like gravity or electricity then. Time and space i get, but i'm genuinely interested in how you would make that based on percetion.

While you are technically correct, such observations are rather worthless in the real world and practical aplications and such are pretty much semantics.

Meant for

I think he means your experiences, like the people you interact with and what you do with your life.

Unsure though.

We have a method of measuring those things, and for the sake of progressing and moving forward, it is better to test the methodology that we have rather than think "GEE WIZ, I MEAN, THE MATH WE USE IS TECHNICALLY MADE BY US, SO UHH, LET'S NOT BOTHER WITH IT"

as

has said, it's pretty much pointless naval gazing and does more harm than good to think about it TOO much. I only typed it for the sake of argument.

I think for a good comparison would be war, you can think all you want as to why war is being fought and why you're fighting in it, and it's generally good to question thinks.

but thinking about the "why" when you're in the middle of a pitched battle won't do you any good and will most likely end up costing you your life anyway.

Depending on what society you live in and the crime you'd either be charged with battery, be stoned or be set on fire in a tire. We have laws.

Its not though. There's a measurable objective reality that does not change based on how you view it. You're just a cuckold who gave up or didn't like the reality he found so you claim there is no reality at all.

Laws are practical applications of (depending on where you live) collective will.

So in a way, me getting charged with something, and told that I am wrong, and giving into it, would make me incorrect, yes, though that would be in the context of how society itself views me.

But in an interpersonal interaction, or rather a clash of wills on an individual level, it would be different.

If you don't follow society's law then reality has no need for a rat's existence user.

Looks like I stepped into the philosophy board by pure coincidence. My mistake.

nihilism is fucking retarded. if you really thought nothing mattered, you wouldn't care about convincing other people.

You're nothing but misery that wants company.

No he is right, a madman could view the measurements in a different way than you do and as such they would be objective.

But like I said earlier such things are rather pointless anywhere but in arguments like this since they are pretty much detached from the 'real world'.

Fuck me I cant link for shit, meant for

TENDIES?

ITT: People adding things like "values" to discussion of nihilism

ITT: People trying to either actually deny reality or laugh at people who do, even though "brain in a vat" is nothing but a fucking thought experiment

ITT: People NOT FUCKING UNDERSTANDING THAT NIHILISM IN ITSELF DEFIES MORALS, ETHICS, COMMON GOOD, MEANING OF LIFE, ANY REASON FOR ANY RULES, REALITY OF FREE WILL, ANY FUCKING THING AT ALL AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You stupid fuck, accepting that nothing matters and acting like nothing matters is two different things. Accepting that nothing matters in itself implies that it doesn't matter how you act.

So you might as well act however the fuck you want to please yourself.

Truth doesn't matter though, only victory. You can go on and on about objective truth, but it means very little if it's constantly lost due to a greater force.

Why do you think marxists exists in the first place? You think they're interested in "Objective truth"?

You could very well argue that the only objective thing in life is power, and the ability to impose said power.

But for the sake of what works and what doesn't for a society, you can certainly use data to argue your case, like the difference between race and biological "truths", but we're not machines, people literally do perceive things differently, it's the whole reason why we're in this mess of cultural decay.

The problem isn't with convincing others, but with imposing will.

Objectively wrong, yes.

fucking contemptable

also christcucks fuck off back to your containment board and masturbate to your jew god.

NOTHING MATTERS, BUT IT MATTERS SO MUCH AT THE SAME TIME, NOTHING CAN'T EXIST WITHOUT EVERYTHING. IT IS THE YING ANG THE YANG. WE ARE BUT WE AREN'T, BUT WE PERFECTLY IMPERFECT

Just because you're a filthy rat doesn't mean other people are user.

Plus top that Wasn't this thread originally suppose to be about laughing at Gearbox hack writing and ugly characters?

ad hominems make you look like a fucking faggot, user

It's frustrating. I honestly, really thought that Holla Forums on average was smarter than what I'm witnessing right now. It's literally worse than Reddit.

You don't actually want power in your own hands. You want a shitton of others to have power in their hands who you are connected to, so no actual power is in your hands so you don't have the responsibility, but you can use it however you want.

Tell that to the ocean as you try to deny its existence.
Considering Marx said that the goal of Communism was to destroy objectivity, no why should I? That's why you're marxist.
And you don't understand what that means, you think it means some huge thing when its literally just referring to a difference in opinions such as "wow I love/hate Ice cream".
No that's because of marxists like you who tries to deny objectivity.

fucking contemptable

Retards that don't understand or care for humanity except for themselves deserve nothing less.

you're a fucking ape

Holla Forums fucking PLEASE

nothing MORE you mean.

I shiggity-mc-diggity

Are you honestly implying that differing opinions doesn't stem from differing perceptions?

Are you fucking retarded?

A N T H O N Y B U R C H
N
T
H
O
N
Y
B
U
R
C
H

I wanna fuck him

Then die, communist brat.

poltards please go. you're unable to see the world in anything but black and white

Says the leftard defending criminals.

See here you're showing just how retarded you are. I was literally explaining that "muh perceptions" you constantly refer to is nothing but opinions with no weight or relevance to anything that exist in the real world and you completely miss the point somehow.

Page 26 of the Communist Manifesto. Not even a Holla Forumsack.

I'm actually right leaning.

No.

Maybe you should just stop posting instead of humiliating yourself.

You're the one embarrassing yourself.

Like hell you are, brat.

Okay feel free to quote me on where I said Marx wanted communism to be nihilistic.

i dunoo lol

basically saying "kiddo". Nice COD-level condescending approach, retard.

Then what the fuck are you saying? Everything you said up until this point implies that.

checked, but check these

sounds like nihilism.

holy shit we've got a retard

Feel
Free
To
Me
On
That

So only nihilism says there is no eternal or objective truths? ONLY nihilism? If not then you have to concede that nothing in there directly implies nihilism.

SO CLOSE.

FIGHT. FIGHT. FIGHT!!

It must be hard to deal with reality crashing around you, brat. You're nothing but human scum, using an ideologue to justify your existence.

E D G Y
A N I M E
R E S P O N S E.

its spelled ideology, user. Please feel free to go into the corner of shame now.

Reminder.

Thank you furries.

NEURODIVERSITY
GENDER NEUTRAL
GENDER ISN'T SEX

wweeeeeeeeeeeew

Tomoko drinking coffee feels so wrong. That's more of a goth girl thing.

At first, I wanted to join into the discussion, but now, I'm here to funpost.

Damn it, spoilers!!!!!!!!!!

pls don't ban me mark

ideologue is someone who holds an ideology to an irrational degree

that word doesnt make sense in the context. He meant to say ideology but spilled his fucking spaghetti

L
O
L

I've always seen this video with the same VA's, where are they from?

I can't tell if you're psychotic or fucked up trying to post with a proxy.

I don't know what you're talking about but in case something seems off it might be because I'm shaking with anger at how fucking retarded some people on here are.

Kill yourself, it'll ease the pain.

He already killed himself when he turned to nihilism.

Don't mistake me, I'm saying hes right on a technical level but in all real life aplication such a thing is meaningless.
And as such arguing about it always devolves into useless talk about semantics.

and nihilists wonder why they are not respected

There's no reason for me not to act human, because I am human.

Accepting that nothing has meaning and turning into a suicidal autismo because of it is two different things.

If nothing has meaning, what I do doesn't matter. Therefore I can continue being as human as I want, who fucking cares m8

i do see moral nihlism, although i'm not sure what the fuck he actually means by an eternal truth there. how the fuck could freedom/justice be an eternal truth? so he tries to say there are values but we're ignoring them. or that he's abolishing them?

i don't know anything about communism, but I know for sure it does nothing but subvert human nature and nature itself (seriously, try to rid someone of there.
existential nihilism is a step above religion, but is still pretty much a denial of life and its splendor. In good moods I regard it all as a grand design that I can be only thankful to take part of.

give nothing but a contemptous curl of the lip, you autist.

i'm guessing you mean your western judeo-christian values right?

kek forgot to fix this

let me change it to

I have no values, I do my best to reject them.

By being human I mean allowing myself to indulge in purely subjective things like my own emotions, love, pursuit of personal happiness.

I sort of treat myself as an animal. It's an approach where I fully realize that there's no objective meaning to anything, so I let my animalistic ego do what it wants to do.

I allow myself to be what my body tells me to be via emotions, instincts, interests, etc.

well ok but its not really logically sound

If nothing has meaning then everything is as meaningful as anything else. Basically, it makes no difference whether I act rationally or not.

At that point, I've accepted the lack of meaning. What remains is coping with it.

Ok then untermensh

*untermensch

This.

So basically you admit defeat.

One who puts no thought into anything other than instant gratification is no better than the average street nigger.

*cuck

While there is no proof that reality isn't an illusion, there is a few reasons why it is not given more thought.

1) To accept that reality is an illusion is to commit a logical fallacy - argumentum ad ignorantiam - "assertion from ignorance". You're assuming something is true because you can't prove it not being so. I'll let neckbeards and their spaghetti monster take you up from there.

2) Taking the previous assertion into account, Occam's Razor would push us to assume that the reality is not an illusion, as we have no reason to assume so, and assuming that it isn't real would require a degree of convolution and additive belief into something that ultimately has no proof in its favor.

Therefore epistemological nihilism (which is what this image taps into) takes the same level of blind belief as any religion does.

Phew, you almost got me in a stump there, m8. Skepticism is a difficult thing to navigate around.

better/worse is subjective measure of merit, faggot

Why are you still here when you run away from people when they completely destroy your ass? You're just a giant pussy.

Cucks of reality have no reason to exist.

that's just plain stupid, as a living being you constantly create values. how can you reject values at all? how do you distinguish between your "good" and "bad"? nothing else but the act of creating values. is not loving your indulgence in your instincts itself a value?

what school of thought is this, because it sounds fucking retarded

what's the idiom, pot calling the kettle black?

I wouldn't call it defeat, more of I concede that I have nothing of value to really put out there without more context. the rest was a tirade for some reason.

I don't give a shit, that manlady has a great ass.
moralfags, christfags, marxists and natsoc alike, you're all living for causes that are perpetuated by people aeons ago who are dead now. Even if your actions bring your faction of choice great progress and wealth and success, in the long run these institutions may collapse at the behest of an equally motivated candidate on the opposite side of the spectrum, to say nothing of the possibility that the whole fucking planet could be destroyed by some crazy chinks in Korea, or some equally devastating chaos. I say, just listen and believe the stories you tell yourselves to get through the day. Revel in this existence and cherish that which you have deemed worthy of your attention, even if it's really all meaningless in the end. If conviction is the antidote to the misery that is felt after the realization that everything is inherently without purpose, then you owe it to yourself to find something worth placing your conviction in. Lie to yourself for your own sake, because that's all you've got.

Either address the point of contention or admit defeat.

And here we go, someone who admits they're simply an egotist that wants to live like a wild beast because "lol who cares xD".

I stop responding when I lose interest. Your replies have boiled down to "no u" type responses so I just ignored you.

My entire post was about how reality is most likely true based on basic philosophical principles. Can you not read?

I accept that theres no good or bad. I honestly, sincerely do.

I might not on a subconscious level, but I do strive to rid myself of all "good/bad" sort of bullshit because I view it as incredibly subjective and stupid to do so.

The particular image he posted is a branch of nihilism - epistemological nihilism. As a whole, it's a part of Skepticism.

Nothing less than human garbage.

See
That has nothing to do with "no u". It has to do with proving the basis of your beliefs are not from a person who actively sought to destroy human civilization. If you do not prove that nihilism is not a subset of marxism then you are nothing but a marxist tool.

No. You can live "a sophisticated lifestyle" on your own terms without adhering to the philosophy of some "greater cause". We are all capable of thought, so you are free to accept and reject an exchange of ideas as you see fit and at your own discretion. Don't be stupid, every system of thought is flawed to some degree and it would benefit you to try and see the seams and cracks in any given ideology.

My beliefs are not from him because I don't fucking care about politics m8. We're discussing philosophy, not how fags like Marx scrutinize it to turn it into a political tool.

Now fuck off with your Marx shit. It's a Holla Forums strawman anyway.

All those people "aeons ago" are the reason why you live like that. If you are going to ignore those people and their achievements and say they are without merit because things they built and their descendants built upon until we reached the modern age then you are advocating for the life like that of an animal. Since you are saying there is no point in trying to build upon each generation as you further human advancement and fight for that advancement.

And I can trace your philosophy to politics. Politics that were created to destroy everything good in mankind. Cry about politics all you like, your "philosophy" (its not really) is nothing but a whiny offspring of a political movement until you prove otherwise. I literally showed you how they are related too.
Again, no.

fixed

#Marxistshaming
Sure. No such thing as feminists DEVs pushing marxism.

at this point I just have to assume you're either trolling or brainwashed to insanity

see:
youtube.com/watch?v=C78HBp-Youk

you can't just deny good/bad all together, what about the good/bad relative to you? by creating values you create good/bad. just saying that you put war to good/bad doesn't make you stop believing in good/bad which in itself is valuing.

i gotta release it once in a while.

No I'm just beating you intellectually so hard that you want to run away. Just like your nihilistic attitude is nothing but the act of running away from reality.

That is not the point of contention. Address it or admit defeat.

They're pushing 3rd wave feminism, which uses marxist tactics

also there's no reason to capitalize DEV, it's a fucking shortened version of "developer".

Good and bad relative to me exists only to me. It's a subjective observation that holds no purpose other than regulating my behavior towards those things.

Objectively neither good nor bad things exist.

Literally parroting what Marx wanted you to think and what marxism popularized. Yet you still want to claim you're not a marxist. Even after I proved you wrong on all counts. Incredible.

I'm not saying you should ignore the wisdom of those who lived before you. I am saying you should not blindly accept it as though it is impervious to scrutiny. Always question, always think forward. You and I, and the people of the present, have no obligation to uphold the doctrine of some fuckhead who lived 200 years ago. To suggest that ideas be examined and reconsidered is not to advocate for "living like an animal". In other words, ideas and ways of thinking are always constantly changing, and likewise behavior and societal norms, and everything that impacts human existence.

For me personally, this means the rejection of any specific ideology. Instead, examine their beliefs and incorporate what you agree with and challenge what you disagree with, while constantly reassessing your comprehension of the source material.

you're accusing me of a being a big, bad, scary communist. Theres no intellect to be seen there, m8.

Please kill yourself m8. You're so fucking stupid.

And it's not because you disagree with me, it's just because, well, I'm sure you'd be able to see that if you werent you.

For someone who wants to destroy society so badly you sure do seem like you to want to die.

alrighty then, you're fucking trollling.

filtered

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Hello Hideki Dobson.

Translated: lol everything could disappear who cares XD
Translation: lol everything is a lie who cares XD

You are nothing but an agent of marxism and the destruction of all civilization.

So you can't even read. Well reading is just a matter of perspective too right? I didn't write anything objectively one way or another.
Yes I agree ice cream is delicious. I am glad we are now discussing ice cream since reading is a matter of perspective.
I guess its all matter of *~*perspective*~*.

And yes I am fucking with you because you refuse to respond intelligently. I guess you're just so retarded that when you ran out of arguments you had to start living in denial.

You both are fucking clowns

You're a bit of a dipshit, aren'tcha?

Both true, because when they run out of arguments and start crying and whining I just take enjoyment in shitting on them.

Hey, must be tougher for him then.

AT LEAST PEOPLE PAY ATTENTION TO CLOWNS

user, I'm not crying nor whining, I'm just frustrated at how retarded, vapid and indoctrinated you both are.

Funny, since the only thing I have asked you to do is prove that you are NOT indoctrinated.

neat!

B T F O
T
F
O

TENDIES MATTER!

Im-fucking-plying any and all anons smart enough not to shit-fling pointlessly should be judged according to those who are.

Get the fuck out of here.

Yeah, but dude its fun to see them squirm like the maggots they are.

Explain your view.

Of course there must be capitalism. How else would you power hungry useless rat cunts get the money to fund the programs they claim are "human rights"?

Hey everyone, is 1be59c retarded or baiting?

Nihilism is that phase of childhood when one constantly asks "why," and when the one answering is inevitably reduced to answering "I don't know," concludes that there must be no meaning to anything.

Just because we don't know what meanings or purpose may be behind existence doesn't mean there isn't one.

Either way its entertaining to completely intellectually shit on someone.

That's what I'm saying

I'm gonna archive this entire thread up to this post, this is too good.

I'll mega it in a bit.

I don't give a shit about what triggers you. You're downright wrong if you think adopting an ghetto nigger's lifestyle isn't objectively awful.

Nihilism is taking a look at what all your ancestors and all of mankind has created on their backs and saying "that's fucking fake" and denying its existence because only perspective matters.

The real question is: Are you biting - no matter which it is in "reality"?

This is a big thread

For you.

You know what? I'm fucking confused now I think about it.
As someone who designs power points a lot, I could make this typing with my dick. The picture of Marx is too far over to the side, he could've easily just fucking had the headliner "Marxism is Great for a Designer" then below that divide the page into one half dedicated to the portrait and the the text. The points on there too are a problem. Saying "It may sound like crazy talk" kills your this slides ability to be persuasive, even in an casual environment like GDC. Your supposed to be cutting fluff off your slide so that you can have whats on the slide prove your point and back up what your saying while you speak. Other lines are bad too, the last line doesn't even make sense. You should have a small blurb under it also featuring you explanation (or have a whole slide dedicated to the process) and then offer your reasoning afterwords. Who the fuck made this?
TL;DR These guys suck at game design and they fucking suck at designing powerpoints.

And now you know why W10 is the way it is.

Because Overwatch is better at pandering at the normalfags. Both are trash and should be banned here.

Because nihilist is the new atheist.

holy fucking shit that is some Holla Forums tier retardation

To be fair, if you guys were nihilists, you wouldn't be even trying to make an argument, and just don't give a shit about what anons say here.

I wanna fuck Tomoko, knock her up, reveal I plan to marry her and take responsibility while she's freaking out about being preggers

lmgtfy.com/?q=prove a negative

Prove to me that you are not a faggot.

VIDEO GAMES
I
D
E
O
G
A
M
E
S

Confirmed for never having read Nietzsche beyond his wiki page. Nihilism is a pathological and transitory phase. Nihilistic tendencies manifest in increasingly surrealist behavior to the point you reach its ultimate conclusion by fully realizing its implications, suicide, or you develop another abstraction from which you derive your morality, in Nietzsche's case, the Overman.

You cannot be a Nihilist for longer than the moment it takes you to kill yourself or decide to invent purpose for yourself.

I provide evidence of X.
He says X is wrong.
I tell him to prove X is wrong.

I don't care what your argument at this point is (or if you just want to claim that you were an ignorant shithead), you don't get to just say "no what you are saying is wrong because I don't like your evidence" and then continue on unabated. Either you put up or you shut up.

The Left grossly misrepresents Nietzsche's work and Nihilism for their own ends.

That's hot as fuck

Gaia is way more fun than reddit tbh.

sound design is okay but there are but most of the female characters share the same silhouette, some of the male ones have this problem too.
diva, tracer, widowmaker and to a lesser extent symetra (because she has different posture and bunny ears) all have the same outline
reaper, 76,mcreee, all have the same proportions and posture, I would include hanzo but he dosnt have a cape.
while we are talking about clarity and 76, fuck that tip about helix rockets "lol if he fired you can be more agressive" you cant tell that shit from the wave of a hundred other red dots he is constantly firing.

/lit/ /lelftypol/ is here and just stop plz you are embarrassing to read

Overwatch may have the same kind of problem, but it's nowhere near as bad as Stillborn has it.
Yes, it's literally
Which is why I just don't play either of them though I will fap to Overwatch, which is far more than Stillborn could ever do

Enlighten us, oh great one.

Friendly reminder that nihilism is most often summed up by the phrase YOLO

philosophy is in the ear of the behearer, user.
also in the mouth of the bespeaker.
philosophy is just whatever pops into your head that you make up. if you get at least one other person to nod their head and say "yeah i get you bruh" then it becomes an official philosophy.

that's literally all philosophers are - people who sit around making shit up that sounds good. they're marketers without a product.

IF you don't have the guts for Stirner radical individualism "egoism" then check out Gramsci or Tiqqun they will make a little bit free

Which is the most cancerous: Overmeme, or Undermeme?

The answer is both and neither.

That's some Rob Liefeld shit right there.

Go back to your college campus you faggot, at least there you'll find fellow retards to betanod in agreement with you.

I sympathies with your fear of him
I mean the guy comes to you and tell that your ego is not in power of his own and you are being control by your own collective beliefs

Stirner goes for eliminating all fixed ideals and keep the ego alone

gramsci instead give the ego the power and awareness so the ego control the ideals instead of the ideals controlling the ego

Kill yourself.

If you want to be a degenerate faggot, go be a degenerate faggot. You don't get the moral high-ground too.
Goddamn liberals.

Top lal
Read the ego and his own

first steps baby philosopher tbh
pleb

the real question is why did they think they could get away with charging 60 dollars for a mobbo

youtu.be/sbX5FCf1NYg?t=140
We're actually pretty dam big.

how appropraite

pathetic, childish terms used to describe things you don't like - so clearly exposed as such in his philosophy.

basic childish terms are all anything boils down to

At least you'll never have to call Jake Rapp.

none of you fags were ever true nihilists

is anybody?

I'm sorry that life is not as novel as you want it to be. You claim to know truth but react violently went it is shown. Nihilists are far more simple than you, and even most other Nihilists, make them seem.

It's just like communism and libertarianism. It's never been tried.

has anything been tried?

pleasure in the Epicurus sense is the avoidance of pain

He was wrong 70% of the time tbh
But he refused cheap moralism at least and the commune is one of the greatest ideas ever
The commune being a house out side of the city where you and your best friend live together for the rest of your lives

There is 2 types of nihilists
Passive nihilists : the world is meaningless therefor everything i do is meaningless too

Active nihilists : the world is meaningless there for i have the freedom and power to give the world its meaning

Active nihilists > passive nihilists tbh
if you want to read about active nihilism read Sartre , Simon AND THE BIG BOY HIMSELF Sergei Nechayev

Capitalism, feudalism, monarchy, colonialism, religion, christianity, buddhism, islam, zen, and all that other garbage.

Look how well that all turned out.

t. Independent thinker

Why is the world without inherent meaning?

but has any of that really been "tried"? its all rife with corruption of every variety.

t. mgs2 colonel ai

It's an argument of longevity and goodness. Every man made object has an expiration date, like all things in the world, and, by and large, there is at least a few universal goods.

test

its not letting me post

disregard the part about brackets

By the terms posed by communists etc. then no. Nothing has ever been tried. If you do not use the viewpoints of a bunch of stupid commie fucks then many things have been tried, but then you have to admit that pretty much everything (including communism, nihilism and libertarianism) have been tried.

You believe the same thing i do on the subect of good an evil, we should procreate.

Except for capitalism, which has never been tried.

Of course it hasn't. :^)

Depending on where you live we can play vidya together.

Pleb and shill.

Marxism sure is great