3DS Hombrew General

UPDATING EMUNAND TO 11.0 IS SAFE
INSTALLATION GUIDE (PARTS 1-3 FOR DOWNGRADE + EMUNAND, 4 AND 5 FOR A9LH SETUP)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started
If you're a full on ADHD Retard you can get a Chrome Extension to help you with the guide as well: bob.me.tz/age/
While 11.0 has only managed to patch MemChunkHax2.1 halfway, Nintendo has instated a minimum system app version list. This means that without a hardmod, it will take another exploit on the scale of 9.2 to be able to downgrade. There is a work-around now, however.
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher. Note that Tubehax is dead on all devices, all firmwares. Ignore it.
If you have a browser available, use the package in part 4 of the installation guide to dump your OTP, then update to 9.2 and install A9LH+CFW. Read here for more details: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update If you have cubic ninja but no browser, see here: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update-(Cubic-Ninja-OTP)
You'll want to update to 9.0-9.2, preferably 9.2. There are ways to update straight to 9.X with CFW, or you can find a game card that has a 9.0-9.2 update on-cart and use that. read here for more details. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update
You have no use for memchunkhax2/2.1. Install a CFW of your choice.
Use browserhax, optionally install menuhax as a more permanent solution.
If you have the update nag that prevents you from using the web browser, change your system's date to January 1st, 2000 at 00:00, initialize savedata, and immediately use browserhax. Don't exit the browser using the home button, or you'll have to reinitalize save data.
If you have the nag, you can beat it by opening the web browser as fast as you can from boot before the update nag kicks you out. Bookmark the applicable browserhax link, use as quickly as possible. You'll have about 30 seconds. Alternatively, you can use Smashhax if possible. Install menuhax immediately afterwards.
As of writing, from these firmwares upwards on n3DS systems ONLY, you should not have the browser nag. Use browserhax as normal, install menuhax.
Browserhax and menuhax are usable. Ironhax does not work on this firmware as 10.4 REQUIRES you to update the game before launching it.
Downgrading is now possible with hardmod, or with software ONLY IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A 3DS WITH CFW. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
If you're interested in doing a hardmod, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.
Homebrew is accessible with Browser/Menuhax.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/7JAD1x3U
gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
3dsiso.com/
3dschaos.com/
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
github.com/llakssz/CIAngel/releases/tag/v0.80
github.com/HouseBreaker/Shameless/releases
ptrk25.github.io/GroovyFX/
3ds.titlekeys.com/
github.com/MatMaf/encTitleKeys.bin-Updater/releases
my.mixtape.moe/djqyuj.zip
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
github.com/astronautlevel2/StarUpdater/releases
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
python.org/ftp/python/2.7.10/python-2.7.10.msi
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
volafile.io/r/acH6c7
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
my.mixtape.moe/vxcoit.zip
pastebin.com/bSjz9ut5
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14218/~/how-to-use-microsd-management-to-move-files-between-a-new-nintendo-3ds-xl-and-a
github.com/ihaveamac/3dsconv
archive.is/IVKov
my.mixtape.moe/vxcoit.zip)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update
smealum.net/?p=517
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/272362-gd-mega-fire-emblem-fates-special-edition-usa-eur-undub-updated-mod.html
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
gbatemp.net/threads/wip-3desmume-ds-emulator-for-3ds.430223/
3dsiso.com/3ds-tips-and-tutorials/274060-tutorial-region-dlc-luma3ds.html
docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/18/html/Burning_ISO_images_to_disc/sect-Burning_ISO_images_to_disc-Validating_the_Files-Validating_at_the_Windows_Command_Prompt.html
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Freeway-Browser
github.com/d0k3/Universal-Inject-Generator/issues/18
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

3DS Downgrading & Setting up CFW Links:
Installation (Follow up to step 3 for sysNAND + emuNAND, all the way for full A9LH Installation)
Thread Archives, 3DSISO Account, and Others: pastebin.com/7JAD1x3U
Luma3DS and ReiNAND are the two most popular CFW and support A9LH, as well as having a number of features: Region Free, Language Emulation, etc.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. Not recommended. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For NTR to launch, you must download a Firmware.bin file from the A9LH guide, part 5, even if you're using emunand.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
To update from rxTools, first check that your sysnand is on 9.2. Users running rxtools

ROMS WHERE
Disregard .3ds rom dumps - this is a format for flash carts and citra only.
Downloading roms directly from nintendo is possible, and recommended as a first approach before visiting external sources, excluding the obvious such as romhacks.
3dsiso.com/ and 3dschaos.com/ are the most commonly used sites for finding roms.
If you would like to download roms direct from nintendo's servers on your 3ds you can use freeshop: github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases or ciangel: github.com/llakssz/CIAngel/releases/tag/v0.80
on your PC you can also generate FBI-Scannable QR codes using Shameless: github.com/HouseBreaker/Shameless/releases or use CDN-FX to download directly: ptrk25.github.io/GroovyFX/
In order to download direct from Nintendo you must have an encTitleKeys.bin file. This contains title keys for games. You can get one here: 3ds.titlekeys.com/ or if using freeshop, get a cia installable updater for this file here: github.com/MatMaf/encTitleKeys.bin-Updater/releases
>How does 3ds.titlekeys.com/ get keys?
the encTitleKeys.bin most commonly used by all is dependent on user submissions. If you have a title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.
Using Decrypt9, go to titlekey options, then titlekey decrypt for your respective nand. This will dump a decTitleKeys.bin, which is different than an encTitleKeys.bin. you can submit it to the website, where it will be added. You can create an encTitleKeys dump using Titlekey Dump, but the site doesn't take these.
You can encrypt your decTitleKeys.bin using titlekey encrypt (file) in the options. This will make it usable for everyone. you can then open this file in CDN-FX or a number of other tools to see the encrypted title key for your specific title in plain form, and post it here, or generate a QR code.
Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/djqyuj.zip
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
Luma3DS (Formerly AuReiNAND) Download: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
Luma3DS updater CIA: github.com/astronautlevel2/StarUpdater/releases
Luma3ds Nightly Builds: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
ReiNand Download (Now supports O3DS AND N3DS): github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
Python 2.7: python.org/ftp/python/2.7.10/python-2.7.10.msi
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
3d/scurv/ volafile: volafile.io/r/acH6c7
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
Last rxTools nightly (only use if you have to): my.mixtape.moe/vxcoit.zip
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/bSjz9ut5

if anyone has an archive of last thread it'd be appreciated.

Is it me or are there only very few games coming out for 3DS. Makes me believe the NX is replacing the WiiU and 3DS

Bump

So I'm at section 2 of plailect's guide and safea9lhinstaller gave me this error: error payload stage 1 does not exist or is wrong size. It still gave me an otp file, but the a9lh is not installed because I can still boot without an sd card. What do I do, I'm confused.

Never mind, I'm retarded. I just put the payload files at the root instead of a9lh

What is a good flashcart that would let me play DS games on 3DS and where can I buy it online in Canada?

Woohoo, success. I now have a9lh on my 3ds.

I would still recommend the r4i 3ds. I don't know about canadian retailers, sorry. avoid the r4i-sdhc's.

So glad browserhax worked first time so I could install menuhax… Feels good to HB again…

So I'm thinking about hacking my N3DS that I've kept on 9.2 for just such an occasion. I feel confident about getting A9 and the like on since I've done on it an old 3DS I kept for practice, but the N3 itself is just more of a pain to take the microSD out and in constantly, so I'm looking to minimize that pain.

Is there an easy way to move files wirelessly from the PC to the microSD in the New 3DS?

Can I directly rip games from my own cartridges onto the SD, or do I need to do the whole titlekey decrypting thing and then submitting it to get added to the FreeShop list?

Also, how does DLC work? I'd be playing primarily JP games, and while I was hoping to not give, say, Atlus money for the shit they've dumped into SMT 4/FINAL or the Sekaiju no MeiQ remakes, it doesn't look like anyone else has ripped 'em. Is it possible to just download 'em for free through the in-game menus, or what?

you can use FTP and the micro sd management in the n3ds settings, but I recommend that you just keep your backplate off for the whole setup process. You can rip games from your own carts, but you have to convert them .cia. The easier solution is to download them using freeshop + enctitlekey.bin updater. The submitting is only if you have a new game that isn't listed on 3ds.titlekeys.com (which has a search function, submissions let you share what you buy with everyone). DLC is installable as .cia on websites, freeshop doesn't support it but you can try with ciangel and if you go to 3ds.titlekeys.com you can search for the dlc, click on it, and generate a qr code you can scan with FBI and install.

Yes, the management tool in system settings:

en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14218/~/how-to-use-microsd-management-to-move-files-between-a-new-nintendo-3ds-xl-and-a

From the own cartridge you can only dump the ROM. Afterword yes, you'd need to decrypt it to get it added to freeshop. If you just want it on your SD you can just convert the dump into a CIA.

Are you using a JP N3DS with JP games? If so you can just use the American / Euro DLC (which I've found on 3dsiso) using NTR.

Shit, never even knew that was a thing. Good on Ninty for realizing how much of a pain their faux-cell phone setup for the SD card was.

Definitely will, was thinking more long term when wanting to add things to the card later on.

I've been using Freeshop and the updater on the old 3DS I hacked, and the title selection was pretty lacking overall, so yeah, I'd have to rip/submit them myself.

I've heard mixed reports on CIAngel's stability, anything I should know to minimize problems with it? Also, if there's DLC that's not been uploaded by anyone else, is the process for ripping it the same as with games?

What should I be using to do that?

Yes

Would that keep it in Japanese though, or would it be the localized versions? Also, anything I need to know about not fucking things up with NTR? I seem to recall hearing it was funky.

to clarify, the enctitlekeys submission is only for eshop purchases. I've never used ciangel so I couldn't tell you, the other option is always just to go to 3dsiso.com/3dschaos.com and look manually.

You don't have to use NTR for out-of-region DLC, you can do it with Luma3DS' language emulation now. To convert your carts to .cia use decrypt9's dump and decrypt function, then download 3dsconv: github.com/ihaveamac/3dsconv and the prerequisites for it (CTRTool, makerom).

How do I put a custom theme on rednand?

If I already modded my 3ds a while ago, do I need to update anything to play newer games?

download and install chmm2 then copy your downloaded themes to the themes folder. Launch the chmm2 cia and pick it.

If you're using rxTools it's a good idea to switch to luma. You should keep your 3ds emunand updated because there's no reason not to.

You say it's a good idea, but is it absolutely necessary?

I can freely delete cias are I install them right?

archive.is/IVKov
I did it before I went to sleep

At some point in the future it will be absolutely necessary. For the amount of effort it takes, it's not really worth not doing. You're just missing out on features and having an actively developed cfw.

yeah, just go into system settings and uninstall them.

thanks.

Sounds good so far, thanks much!

How long does it generally take for a CIA of a new Nipponese game to drop?

An FTP homebrew program. Honestly though I just ripped the screw mounts off and keep the backplate in place with a bit of electrical tape. Much easier to access that way, god knows why they didn't keep that sane 3DS design.

Ripping 3DS carts is still annoying because it generates .3ds files that need additional conversion on PC to .cia. Just use existing ones or one of the Nintendo downloaders.

Word is they designed the SD slot that way on the n3DS specifically to fuck with people in the homebrew scene

Considering every single update for the 3DS for the last three years has been "stability improvements" and nothing else, I'm inclined to believe it.

What can i do if my 3ds firmware is 7.1.0?

So I'm currently running 9.2 SysNAND and 11.0 EmuNAND and I figured it's about time I switch to AL9H and I'm in the process of backing shit up etc before starting. Is it possible to downgrade my existing EmuNAND to 9.2 and then 2.1 or am I stuck having to create an entirely fresh 9.2 EmuNAND?

That's what I'm worried about, FreeShop's selection of games is pretty small, and near as I can tell 3dsiso requires digging through forums for uploads that may or may not still work.

Wish people who are posting these games on MEGA or, even worse, shitty 100 kb/s locked Russian scam sites for a couple dollars would stop it and just drop off the ticket.db…

Install HBL like it says in the guide, then use SysUpdater to UPDATE to 9.2, rather than downgrade like most other people. Go from there.

A9LH, when it finally overwrites your SysNAND with CFW will use your EmuNAND/RedNAND as the base. Back up shit from SysNAND if it exists.

HBL wasn't made until 9.2 so it won't work for that. Use rxtools on 7.1 to launch devmode on sysnand, install a cia version of sysupdater and then update to 9.2. There's a section on the guide linked in op for that step by step.

Oh, always thought there was an earlier version of HBL, by a different name.

Easiest way would be use a Pokemon or Smash cartridge to update, as they're known to have 9.2

Only Rev 1 smash carts are 9.2, the majority is higher than that.

i'm downloading the rxtool in op (my.mixtape.moe/vxcoit.zip) but it also says in op that for me to use rxtool i need to be on 9.2 already

rxTools is special because it supports from 7.0-9.2. You should still update to 9.2 however, because then you can use Luma3DS instead.

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update

it asks me for the firmware.bin file, how do i get it? there isn't there

use the method outlined in the link I gave you instead of doing that, it's probably better.

.cia when?

Is there any advantage of getting a n3DS over a o3DS? Also, where's a good place to get roms for pre 3DS titles?

n3DS has a faster processor, extra CPU cache, head tracking on 3D, and extra buttons. I don't know what you mean by 'pre 3DS' but most mainstream stuff is available using titlekeys, and any 3ds rom for the most part can be got from 3dsiso/3dschaos. If you mean NDS roms go to emuparadise.me.

Go N3DS. It's faster so you can use SNES VC and injects and with CFW, get better performance in games like Pokemon X/Y. The 3D is much better if you care for that. The only annoyances is the SD card slot is less accessible and if you want A9LH (highly recommended) downgrading to 2.1.0 is slightly riskier.

What I meant was roms that came out for the DS, DSlite, & DSi
I want to get roms of the entire mario & luigi franchise minus superstar saga, I have an inject on my wii

25 extra dollarydoos for more power doesn't seem like a bad trade off. But exactly how much riskier? On a scale from 1-10, please.

2.1 :^)

realistically I'd say it's about a one or two on the scale of extra risk. It's really not much harder. I always go to emuparadise for roms, you can get full no-intro sets up to GBA there. Also you can get superstar saga as an installable .cia for the 3ds.

Slightly. Just make sure you follow the instructions carefully as N3DS never had 2.1.0 and there's a few extra steps and precautions with it.

Alright, thanks anons.
If everything goes according to plan I'll have bought a n3DS tomorrow later today. One final question, sould I keep the 4 gig SD card it comes with or upgrade to larger size? If upgrade, which size would you recommend?

definitely get a larger one. I use 64gb in mine, anything over that is overkill but 64gb gives you plenty of space to work with. Remember to format it fat32 cluster 64k though.

Thanks again user.

Is it normal for the Homebrew launcher loading screen to be a bunch of pixels like tv noise?

Just give it a few more days and I'm sure one will be available.
I had thought that after Super came out, they'd slowly try to ignore GT's existence. It's nice to see that I'm wrong, I guess.

The game apparently has everyone in the series and then some due to the setup being a wish to Shenron for the greatest gathering of martial artists. Same reason it has Dragon Ball era Goku and kid Goten simultaneously.

So, is it possible to play 3DS games using FBI to install them? 'Cause I wanna patch FE:Fates for my boner pleasure.

you can install games with FBI, yes.

yes, this is completely normal.

Anything good released after Corpse Party

Just tried installing the patched game, but it gave me an error saying it's out of resource (3). Do I not have enough space to install it on?

Then get big blue menu

big blue menu is far out of date, either use devmenu from the op, or FBI.

it does sound like it, make sure you have enough space for install while you still have it on your SD card.

BBM worked better than FBI for me
then again it was back in April

bbm is nothing more than an old version of devmenu with the copyright information stripped out. Use the latest leak of devmenu if you want to use that, but don't use BBM, it's not worth having around anymore.

That got me wondering, are there any good videos or writeups about early 3DS hacking?

smea has a writeup on how Ninjhax works.
smealum.net/?p=517

How much space does FE:If even need after install?

Yeah I ended up realizing right at the end of the A9LH installation process that I could then use the backup I made of my 11.0 EmuNAND and install that to SysNAND so I now have it all set up with my saves and all.

A9LH is so much better than the old method holy shit

Oh this was on a N3DS XL by the way, so +1 to the success rate of A9LH on N3DS I suppose.

And you got me thinking about if someone could code the hacked SysNAND to go into sleep mode after a time for the 2DS. Like a computer monitor.

Fe if is about 2 or 3 gb so you're gonna need 6 or so gb total. You can use something like socket punch to install on the fly if you want.

How do I find the title id of a game not yet on the site Luma tells me to get the title IDs from (it's )?

I did it anons, I bought my n3DS
but I completely forgot that it doesn't come with a charger and forgot to get one at the store. I feel a bit jewed

Nevermind, decided to install it while I waited and it's on the install screen on FBI.

Fusions is 0004000000196D00 for anyone else looking for it.

FBI really should add a "create locale txt" option so you don't have to power down, eject SD, put it in a computer just to create a txt file. Shouldn't be too hard to create a txt file and input ~6 characters from a list.

I hope vita gets this good. The 3.60 thing is about as good as having a 9.6 3DS a year ago and suddenly it got full downgrading and piracy.

Use ctrxplorer.

finally bought a charger and just hax'd the n3ds
that was easy

So… where's the FE: If Amie restoration?

oh wait, that was just part 1

Say, I got that 'soft brick' error while downgrading and rebooted. Everything is fine and the setting says I'm at 9.2
continue normally?

You have a partial downgrade. Run the downgrader again first before continuing, andet it finish up.

alright, thanks user.

uh oh, whenever I try to access my homebrew I get an error.

Your homebrew payload is for a different version. Clear your browser data and keep going.

alright, i'll use browserhax to finish the downgrade

You can use oothax or whatever if you were using that but you have to reinstall it for 9.2 in that case.

disregard my first reply, just realised what you're saying
and yeah, I've delete menuhax and will reinstall when downgrade is complete

i just was hax init was cooperative

Ok Anons. I need your advice.

I have a N3ds running Reinand with a dirty AGB firm patch that I did myself.

Is it worth it to try and do al9h and if so what steps should I take to get to the point where I can follow the plaicet guide for downgrading again and dumping otp. I'm scared of bricking and I am nervous since I have forgotten most of how I got to this point.

Should I just wipe my sd and start over from the plaicet guide for creating a REDnand on luma?

Anyone?

you can install a clean AGB_FIRM, then just replace your rei files with luma's files and load using it instead, then you can use what you have set up already.

Wiped my n3ds clean and I think the downgrade worked now.

Do I have to get rid of the Reinand files? I cant remember all the ones I would have to remove.
Trying to get Luma to launch through CTRbootmanager now.

If I were to copy all the data in my sd card to one with higher capacity, all these haxs would still work right? I can't see a reason why it wouldn't, but I don't want any surprises niping me in the bud.

Is it normal for the keys updater to freeze when "Extracting latest cache"?

I think I read somewhere that it'll break stuff. Don't copy it until someone that really knows their stuff replies to you

the waiting begins

You'd have to redo most of the steps to set up rednand.. there are ways to move up but you cant just copy paste, I know that for sure.

gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/
Found the guide that I read how to do it.

mucho gracias

I still need to beat the Mon Hun games and I guess I could run through SMT4 again, but I'm burnt out on those games. I hope Federation Force is decent at the very least; I need a new Metroid.

I fucking hate flags not going away.

can you rec some games?

Don't believe so.

if you set up an emunand you have to copy it to the new SD card, but if you don't have an emunand yet then you can just copy files. To move your emunand to a larger SD make a backup with decrypt or emunand9, unmount your old and put your new sd card in with emunand9 open, format with an emunand, restore your emunand dump, then copy your files over.

A few questions about part 3, setting up an rednand
when I copy over the files I keep the ones windows would other wise overwrite, right? That's what I did but now menuhax doesn't work. Wouldn't some important stuff from creating the nand be overwritten if I did?

You have to set up menuhax again.

So I'm a bit confused. Can we actually play 3ds games/romhacks on the 3ds now? If so, does it work with ironhax, or do I need to do something else? If not, is there any other reason to stay downgraded now?

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but I haven't looked into this since, well, since ironhax came out.

Are you on 9.2 or lower (I don't think so, I'm sure Ironhax was newer than that), you need to downgrade to 9.2.

To downgrade to 9.2, you need to get to the homebrew menu and preferablly install menuhax because it's quicker to get to than ironhax. Follow the guide for this

If you are under 9.0, you need to update to 9.0-9.2. A few game carts have this update on them.

If you are on 9.0-9.2 follow the guide in the OP.

Okay, thanks. Just to be clear, since I can already access the homebrew launcher through ironhax, can I just download menuhax by itself, install it so I can easily access the homebrew launcher, and then continue with the 9.2 downgrade?

Although, seeing as I did this on the 2GB card that came with the machine, should I just buy a larger card and start from scratch? Can I do that at this point?

if i format sys after a successful downgrade my ds stays downgraded right?

i mean, it's not somehow partial, right?

I've done some research and it seems the answer is yes
formating on partial would've gone back to 10.7

I would recommend you upgrade your SD before you downgrade because once you get going it gets a little weird until you finish. Since you have homebrew access just go ahead and follow the guide linked.

I would run the sysupdater again and let it check, if you have a complete downgrade it wont install anything new otherwise it'll just install the missing parts.

after putting all the files back in my sd after part 3 I'm confronted with a lot of X 3ds/menuhax_manager/finaloutput/…

alright, it progressed past it. I wish the guide mentioned something like this would happen.

So I was looking into grips for my 2DS, and I find this fucking beauty right here. Like, wow, I need this! But then it turns out it's such a rare commodity, that nobody has it anywhere except this one GameStop miles northwest of me. I've been there before, so I double check to make sure the store has it, and lo-and-behold it's gone. Why the fuck is this thing so hard to find? I thought nobody liked the 2DS.

there is a secret society dedicated to making you suffer

The Illuminati?

So yeah, seems the FE: If patch is dead. Hasn't been updated since March. Anyone know if this is the same elsewhere?

It hasn't been updated for some time now. Aside of bringing back swimsuits and the same sex marriage mod, that's all there is for the current/dead patch.

3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/272362-gd-mega-fire-emblem-fates-special-edition-usa-eur-undub-updated-mod.html

I think as I get money to buy . and I do not and will prostituting since the probe anal masturbation I'm not the same

Can't wait for the Amie fix.

I finally got around to trying this and all it does is leave my new sd unreadable to everything.

I can't find a method of moving emunand that works for me. Look's like I'll just have to start all over again with the new sd card

I'm starting on a brand new 3DS at 10.7.0-32E. I'm following the Plailect guide, and have just "finished" part 1 (setting up themehax for homebrew) however actually attempting to load HL via holding the button just results in the scrambled pixels followed quickly by "an error has occurred", dead end. Did I miss something? I did originally miss setting the theme back to default but started over with that corrected, and it's still happening.

You called the store and asked them to hold it for you and it was gone?

Gave it a third attempt after clearing SD card and factory reset and it's still not working. I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right. If I can't get themehax to work is it possible to use another entry point instead throughout the guide? I have a copy of OoT3D as well as another 3DS with A9LH.

Oh boy, finally hacking my 3DS. Oooh this is so much fun, it's actually more fun an exciting than any game Nintendo has given me as of recent.

there's always the thrill of not bricking

I know the guide said hax init can hang many times but I think 10 is a bit excessive.
Was I supposed to hard mod my console since I'm on the newest update?

naw, you have to do a ton of nonsense though, basically just don't update and hope for the best.

Never mind 4th time was the charm, themehax works now. I used the SD card that came with it instead of one out of my old Gateway card, so maybe that was all. Onwards to downgrading, here's hoping it all goes smoothly.

Tomoko has cute feet

does 3ds homebrew have an equivalent to bootmii?

I don't understand the question.

ever homebrewed a wii? upon booting bootmii gives me the option to either access the homebrew channel or to just access the wii channels normally.

Well not really, how 3ds piracy works is you basically run a second copy of your system on your 3ds to bypass the security checks.
Homebrew access depends on the hack, most people use menu hax or arm9. Menu you hold down a button during boot of your sysnand and that'll take you to the homebrew menu.
You should basically never ever use your sysnand, and only use your emunand

Bah, error during downgrade, gotta reinsntall themehax and try again.

A9LH is the closest, it can boot a main payload (usually CFW) or other helper programs by holding different buttons down and takes over almost immediately into the boot sequence. However I don't think there's a HL payload for A9LH. There is one for themehax but that's suboptimal.

Untrue for A9LH. That's the best way to do it, because good CFWs block overwriting the A9LH payload, and as long as you have a backup of it, it can be reflashed from there.

I don't understand why decrypted roms are now nonexistant. Tried from 3dschaos to no avail, eventually giving up on both chaos and iso because they both have faggots using shitty DL sites that require premium to download faster than 10kbps.
tried to decrypt majora on my own and it still gives me the error that its not decrypted, trying an already decrypted copy freezes at the first loading screen.
fug.

Cias are better.

get with it retard

2dses are 60 dollars.

citras are 0 dollars

and nothing beats playing a game on the intended hardware

except when the emulator works perfectly with no problems
oh boy you guys are up early

If you're using ARM9 hax though you've already downgraded and reupgraded at least 3 times

sorry mate, talk to me in 3 years.

wish you would've said that the moment you started talking

The fuck are you talking about? i like emulators but citra can't run shit for now. We have to wait unless you like watching slideshows

So can a hacked N3DS recognize a 128 GB SDXC card?

its still not "perfect" but i wanna try this for myself.
christ fucking kill me for wanting to test majora among other games on the new chink builds.

I think it needs to be FAT, but otherwise you should be good.

Awesome, looking into nabbing one of the MH4G special edition New 3DS's since those should be 9.2, and figured I should get as big a card as I can.

I've been up since about 5:25. Since last Friday when I I've been waking up early.
I can't imagine playing some games on a keyboard at all.

yeah that explains everything.

Citra isn't viable enough yet for people to start catering to it's specific filetype.
Until it can run CIAs or .3ds', you're not going to find shit.

I'm not gonna find this shit because you faggots are so autistic that it doesnt matter until it's "perfect".

I'm just telling you the truth.

it's still not good or acceptable either.
i'm not saying don't play games like this i'm just saying that unfortunately it's still not playable. Even that footage you pasted shows it. Maybe you can play pokemon or dungeon crawler, but MH, mario or any action game? fuck no

The SD card will most likely be exFAT, which a 3DS can't read. You can use a tool to format it to FAT32. Try this when you need it: gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/

Hey just unencrypt them yourself if you care so much. It's not even close to good enough to make a majority of people care.
And the excuse of "well it doesn't work when I do it" is a cop out, you have no right to complain about there being no roms then.

It's gonna be interesting to watch evryone scramble for .3ds'es and have hundreds more people like me having problems with the decryption process flood these threads.
but hey what do i know?

that's only one game, we don't know the advances of other games until we try them.
majora hasnt been tested in months, this includes the latest chinese builds.
which is what i'm trying to get to.

Ah nice, will download that now for later, thanks much.

While I'm here may as well ask, is it easy to move save files from one hacked 3DS to another? I hacked a regular 3DS before as practice, and just wondering if I should hold off on playing any "long" games until I get the New setup.

oh good, so you're just complaining because you can't do it and other people won't do it for you?

Just done a NAND backup, right size, annoyed that the hash is stored as raw bytes and not plaintext but at least it's got one to check. I really wish you could do backups before downgrade attempts though, I hate downgrades.

Sure but once you're over that hurdle you have a much more resilient system. A9LH also offers other good features over the clunky themehax. Also even though bootmii is way simpler to install, most Wiis can't use it.

If citra ever wants to be a viable emulator it's going to have to deal with the filetypes the 3ds already uses.
DS emulators and flash carts use the .nds filetype perfectly fine.
PSP emulators and cfw use .iso's perfectly fine.
Your problem either won't exist in two years or we'll have another 3ds emulator.

I never said .cia shouldnt/cant be used. I fully agree that only decrypted is some steaming bullshit. But it really wouldn't be much trouble to anyone if they were actually distributed as commonly as cia until that happens.
which goes back to the point i've been trying to make but oh well

Yes and no. If you don't have an emunand, all you have to do is copy and paste. If you do you have to somehow transfer the hidden emunand. These two posts will lead you to three methods:

Not a single one worked for me though so I just started all over on my new sd card.

yeah, I'm not saying A9LH isn't good, but if he's having trouble with doing the first downgrade, I wouldn't recommend it.
Not to mention he'd have to run the (now almost nonexistant) downgrade/upgrade brick. Can be daunting if you're not sure what you're doing

What it seems like you are, I mean look at all your bitching and moaning because people don't want to use a filetype that's used by an emulator with massive problems for a majority of games. All of it stems from you can't unencrypt correctly and no one else is doing it for you. Seems pretty clear cut.
I mean look, you don't even have a problem with CITRA only accepting the unused filetype, you're complaining that other people aren't making them.

I was running Arm9 on the Old 3DS and plan to do the same on the New, so that's good, thanks.

I don't think hax can be transferred from DS to DS with these methods, though.

ok
Not so much that other people aren't making them, i mean it's fucking obvious people are, its more the "this emulator is not good yet therefore i'm not going to distribute them" and also argue with anyone that actually wants them to be deal.

So it comes back to people aren't making them and giving them to you?

Oh I'm aware I'll need to start from scratch on the hacking itself, I'm just wondering about save files and whether or not I should avoid progressing too far on games I plan to carry over from the Old to the New. I'll probably just stick with playing the stuff I own physically until I can get a hacked New up and running though.

yes. the world revolves around me and i am angry that no one is giving me their roms. clearly your vast intellect has bested me this time!

if unencrypted games are hard to come across and hard to make, maybe you should shell out the 60 for the 2ds.

Nobody else who uses citra is bitching. You're not some saint who's helping the 3ds community you deluded faggot.

nobody who uses citra plays anything but pokemon to be honest. I see far more tests and unofficial builds coming out to run OR/AS. those are super easy to come by.
ok

I don't see why you would want to be on a train that's catching up when there's one already there

Someone should have mentioned that Neo X/Y is one of THOSE romhacks where its all dumb jokes.

You already own a fucking 3ds.
A total of 2 games have been n3ds exclusive.

So if citra is making such fast progress, why does it still not run 98% of games?
Also I fail to see how you're just not blaming everything on someone else.
You can't make the rom correctly, so you're blaming those who can't for not telling you how
You can't find the roms, so you're blaming someone else for not giving you them

So tell me how exactly you're somehow carrying the torch and saving the 3ds scene here

i felt like testing a game really quick then moving on instead of wasting more time debating theoratical physics with a bunch of autists on a messageboard but thats the way the cookie crumbles

he says as he continues to complain on a message board that 3ds piracy isn't adapting to his needs.

If the point of me being a shithead and citra roms not being worth distributed has been made yet, why am i still being lead on in this debate? Christ move on.

you could hardly call it a debate

heeere we go :^)

It'd require you to have a point, rather than just moaning about how people aren't falling over themselves to make an inferior filetype so that you can use, in order to be a debate.
Maybe post more reaction images and say that you're actually trying to save the 3ds

I did A9LH on my old N3DS despite it also having a failed downgrade to 9.2 and other mess like having used Gateway and hard-patched DS blacklist. But I want a backup system. Also I find the process exciting despite my bitching.

On the final instruction of part 4 with my n3ds
wish me luck

I'm about to do it as well, may your 3DS hacking be successful!

th-thanks user!
I hope yours is too!

how many parts does this step have?

my n3ds is now at 2.1!

Feels good to defile it like that doesn't it? I'm still doing section 4 part III step 6, forgot how long that part took.

yes, it does, because it didn't die. What good is it to mutilate if you can't watch your victim enjoy it a little?
oh yeah, backing up the nands. At least the down time gave me a reason to leave my room

Yuri is a waste of time and money.

I want to fuck that soft-looking cunt.

At part 5
how long should I wait for hourglass9 to boot after holding start after powering on?

Well peachy, I'll have to start again from part 3, the SD card decided to show wonky behaviour and I can't copy the emuNAND "backup" off. Guess I should thank my lucky stars it happened then and not during a critical part, I'll start again tomorrow.

If you're doing that you got A9LH and Luma3DS installed so good work. To answer your question, loading small helper programs from A9LH takes like a second. If it takes much longer than that it's not right. Did you name the program correctly?

alright, it seems arm9loaderhax does indeed work…
but how do I find what was actually broken?

Yes, I believe so, but I'll have to check through everything

didn't rename hourglass actually

have anything to catch up on? You can easily just do something else to make the wait more bearable.

Thanks, I went and picked up a larger card. Can I just copy the contents of my current card over to the new one and continue from there?

have you made an emunand yet? if the answer is no, then yes, you can just copy and paste and continue.

but make sure to format the card to FAT32 first

Is that necessary if it's already SDHC?

It's necessary if it's not FAT32
just stick the sd card into your computer and see what the format is.
but an SDHC probably already is FAT32

I did it
it's all over now
now to install mario & luigi

Thanks, it's working now. Time to get on with the downgrading!

no problemo

So I'm on to part 4 now, about how much data do you need to transfer over wifi before the whole process is finished? I'm at uni and I needed to contact IT with my MAC address when I set up wifi originally. I can use my phone for a mobile hotspot, but I don't have the best data plan, so I'd like to avoid that if possible.

If wifi is an issue by an adapter

Is a flash card really the only way to play NDS titles? If so, is anybody making progress towards a hax that'll play them?

For Part 5:

"Copy the contents of the starter folder in starter.zip to the root of your SD card"

There is no "starter" folder in starter.zip. Should I just copy the contents of starter.zip to the root of my SD card?

The way the 3ds does ds backwards compatibility makes it hard or impossible to run roms or something like that. Some one is making an emulator on the 3ds that emulates DS games but it's still slow as shit so far so it'll be a while before anything becomes playable.

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-3desmume-ds-emulator-for-3ds.430223/

Yes. The starter.zip is just the basic homebrew apps. Just copy that stuff to the root of your SD.

I'm gonna say that if anyone actually expects the 3DS to ever be able to emulate any DS game at a reasonable rate, and is patiently waiting for that day to come… they're going to be disappointed. I'll be surprised if it even manages to beat out the Wii's desmume.

I was pretty hesitant about getting an R4 for a while. (And even got scared I got scammed after I made my order.) But things (Kind of) worked out and now I don't have to worry about playing hacks or Japanese games on the pc.

there are shady sites to order it from?
can you link a trusted one?

Can anybody confirm to me that one of these DS flashcarts will work on the 3DS once hacked? I have one lying around from the DS days. I heard it was blacklisted on the 3DS, which is why it can't play it, but I'm not sure if that's the only reason.

Resuming from the failure last night on new SD card, just copying the emuNAND backup off and verifying it, then it's 2.1.0 time. I can't take the excitement.

So, I'm on an old 3ds, completed the steps sucesfully and I have a working a9lh installation, why doesn't the doom port have music now that I did the DSP dump thing? it didn't have it when I first play it through browserhax either

Well since I ended up ordering mine from a shitty site… I didn't look for any trustworthy ones afterward. I can tell you to avoid R4-USA though. When I bought it from them, they didn't give me a tracking number after it shipped, the reason being that they don't actually ship from the US despite them trying to convince you otherwise. (my package had Ireland stickers all over it.) And the R4 itself wasn't the one displayed on their website. Though it was still one that works on the 3DS.

I was apparently fortunate though. Since a lot of people complain that they never actually get their item from them.

What is the usual shortcut to access CtrBootManager?
I managed to downgrade my O3DS to version 9.8 once, but using that shortcut doesn't work anymore suddenly.

I wish I could buy one in person

Yes. I'm using a 128 gb sdxc card in mine. It was partitioned fat32.

when you downgrade your menuhax is still configured for the previous versions. Change your theme a time or two then set it up again thru browserhax.

If you have CFW you can use it.

I ordered mine from modchipsdirect.com and it came reasonably quick.

Do I need to replace my health and saftey app on sysnand before I downgrade for al9h? What about removing GBA games I had installed on SYSnand?

Waiting for the 2.1.0 installation to finish is suffering, it takes so long to do and at any moment it could crash and end all your dreams. Also had another hiccup with laptop running out of battery while copying files onto the SD. But in the end it succeeded, it feels super-good.

Part of the Plailect guide replaces H&S on emuNAND, and it gets cloned to sysNAND later so there's no need to do it in advance, if you already have then restore the original. Also it's advised to factory reset, and undo any hard-patching (DS card blacklisting or GBA sig checking) as they can cause problems.

Fuck yes. Now all I have to do is actually fix the cartridge slot so I can play physical games.

I'm following the freeway browser guide and i have to update now. The problem is that when i launch the cia for the update, it says that if i'm in sysnand gateway mode it will brick my console. How do i know if i i'm in it? and if i am how do i get out?

You aren't. The only Gateway-related thing I spotted in that guide is their URL for browserhax and that's fine. You'd only need to worry about that mode if you're using the Gateway launcher, and if you are, then throw the guide into the trash where it belongs.

what if i use the gateway launcher and i did every step up until the last, but didn't update to 9.2?

I dis use the gateway cart up until now to play games so i did download their launcher.dat when i had to update. Plus the sd card is named GATEWAYNAND if it matters.

So I managed to System Transfer my hacked 2DS to my N3DS on firmware 11, and got Homebrew working on it. Trouble is, PlaiSysUpdater keeps failing to init hax, and the guide tells me it takes many tries. I didn't think it would take so much as 50 or so. Is there maybe something I'm doing wrong? Maybe, I should try using dgTool in Fieldrunners again?

Haven't used my N3DS for quite some time, still using an early version of RXTools (via homebrew launcher, sys and emunand still 9.2). So just to make this clear, to switch over to Luma I have to:

That correct? Have there been some cool releases for 3DS in the last few months?

This year we've had Zelda Musou: Hyrule All-Stars in January, SMT 4 FINAL in February, Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 in March, Kirby Robobo Planet in April, Gyakuten Saiban 6 in June, and Sekaiju no MeiQ 5 just last week.

Yo-Kai Watch 3, MHGen, Taiko No Tasujin Mystery Adventure, Rhythm Heaven Megamix is what i've been playing.

Seems like there's some good shit in there. On the backlog they go.

Switched over to Luma3DS, games work fine. However, NTR CFW seems to be broken now. Is there any other way to play out-of-region DLC nowadays?

Luma.
3dsiso.com/3ds-tips-and-tutorials/274060-tutorial-region-dlc-luma3ds.html

anyone?

Nice, thanks a bunch.

Last questions before I fuck up. If I'm absolutely sure that I'm in emuNand, I can simply update the firmware via the system settings, correct?

And what about online play? Do you get banned? Do they even know that you're using illegitimate versions of their games?

Are any of the LEGO games worth getting?

I'm looking at getting Batman 3, Avengers, Marvel Super Heroes, LotR, Star Wars TFA and Star Wars III, but I want to know if they're worth getting at all.

I own all of them on PC, but I'm wondering if they're any fun, or have any extra content I'd otherwise miss. And, while I do own them, I haven't played half of them yet at all.

Is there DLC, as well?

Yes and no. I've gone online with romhacks with no real problems, so there shouldn't be a problem

Check System Settings for the Emu in front of the version number, then just update through there.

Nintendo wishes they could ban us, but there's no way to detect it, unless it's gateway shit.

Pokemon hacks can even go online.

Don't use Gateway is my best piece of advice.

So NDS and GBA games aren't working on my O3DS w/ luma3ds + arm9, anyone know how to fix?

NDS won't work without a R4 or similar flashcart.

Are you making your own GBA games to inject, or ar you getting them off the Freeshop/.cia installs?

when will the Wii U finally be kernel exploited? I hear that Smealum doesn't want to release IOSU because of piracy and Hykem is trying to implement DRM into IOSU.

Smea and Hykem are bitches and love Nintendo, so they're only releasing this shit for people to make the console better with homebrew apps, not for piracy.

One thing about replacing the H&S app.. I seem to have lost my emunand H&S.app file. I have my sysnand one, but I dont think that works. Right? I'd like to have the latest version of FBI injected since its surpased DevMen, which is what I have injected right now, but I dont want to fuck it up by trying to inject it using my sysNAND H&S.app.

just ordered the flash card that the extended op recommended. How exactly do these things work? I just plug it in, run it, and it works?

i can't retroactively change the fact dude.

I did it and know i want to know if there's a solution

SysNAND H&S is the same as EmuNAND. It says that you should use your old version of H&S from the same NAND, but I've used other NAND H&S .apps and never had a problem.

What system version are you on right now, then?

Pretty much. Should come with a manual if you need troubleshooting.

7.1.0-16E

Just use the SysUpdatee cia you have. It says if you're in SysNAND you'll brick, but you've been installing all of this stuff to EmuNAND.

I may be illiterate right now, but what the hell are you on about? You're using a guide that does shit that doesn't need Gateway. Are you trying to get away from using Gateway by updating to 9.2?

A bit late, but thanks for the answers.

What? i'm just following the guide in op to install A9LH. Unfortunately the guide requires you to update to 9.2 if you're 9.0 or under. From op:

You'll want to update to 9.0-9.2, preferably 9.2. There are ways to update straight to 9.X with CFW, or you can find a game card that has a 9.0-9.2 update on-cart and use that. read here for more details. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update

You're talking about using Gateway and being unsure about how to update to 9.2, am I wrong?

I'm terribly confused as to why you're talking about using Gateway Launcher, then doing something that isn't needed for Gateway, unless you're try to NOT use Gateway in the future, in which this is the correct method, but which Gateway has no bearing on.

Anyone?

Are you using SysUpdater from Homebrew Launcher or the .cia?

Using it from Homebrew, since I can't really install .cia's at this point.

Despite thinking this is complete bullshit, open up FTBrony first, close it then open PlaiSys.

People swear by it, but I updated 6 DSes without needing it in under 10 tries each, but then this one DS was giving me a headache, so I did it, worked next try.

I swear it's bullshit, but just try.

Also which entrypoint are you using? The entrypoint can have a big effect on sysupdater. Menuhax seems to work best. My n3ds took manymany tries to downgrade. Just keep trying and try different entrypoints.

let's start over.

I used gateway to play games up until now by using the internet connection everytime to enter gateway mode. Some time ago, someone here suggested me to switch to Luma/A9HL since it has 100% boot rate, and boots straight up into it, without the need for internet connection.
To do so i have to update my 3ds firmware to 9.2.

The question is: Since the updater told me that the console will brick if i'm in sysnand gateway mode, how do i know if i am in it?

My 3ds isn't starting up properly. I've had arm9loaderhax working correctly and i have the latest version of luma. I was on the menu and my 3ds suddenly turned off. Now when i press the power button it flashes and quickly turns off again. Any ideas?

Looks like a battery problem. Try to diagnose if it's an software problem or a battery problem.

Ok so get this. The 3ds only turns on if the screen is bent halfway down. Now it's doing some crazy shit with the bottom screen being fuzzy, slightly red, and completely mirrored. Looks like it's a hardware issue. probably battery since it's not just affecting the top screen.

Installing A9LH after having too much time postponing it.
Wish me luck, because I'm scared shitless.

Me too brother. About to downgrade. Good luck to both of us.

if you do everything the guide says exactly you'll probably be fine.

I started from part 4 since I had emunand since December, and I did a few things from there. I wanted A9LH since then.
I really hope it turns out ok.

I have immense faith that you'll be fine.

Running OTP onestepsetup now…. crossing fingers, and clenching anus

Welp, it freezes after the second formatting of the emuNAND. Now I'll have to format it twice, again., since I'll restore the original emuNAND.

May I see you on the other side
don't forget to try booting it without an SD card if it black screens

Did it freeze or just take a long time to open Luma? Mine took a while each format.

Never mind, last try made it to emuNAND. On SysUpdate right now. Pretty sure this is the easy part.

forgot to quote

Ugh I hate this stress. Its making my stomach churn

How can you tell if the downgrade to 2.1 was successful? I left it to downgrade and when I came back it was back in sysNAND. I assume the 3DS rebooted there, so does that mean it was successful?

Say i'm planning on getting a new 3ds. Will doing a system transfer with the sd from an old homebrewed 3ds cause any problems?

it'll be worth it

Yeah, it auto reboots if successful. As the guide said, don't bother trying to access it with Luma

Oh, I should had read that sooner. Any problem if I did anyway?.

No, Luma just can't run 2.1.0 as it says in the guide

nah, also part 4 is the biggest hurdle
part 5 is easy and should be done pronto

I made it brother. a9lh is installed. Restoring emunand as sysnand currently.

Succesfully on 2.1 sysnand.

What does that mean, exactly?

wasn't as hard as you thought it was, right?

Not hard, but still terrifying. Every little hangup and black screen made me scream internally.

a9lh can access the system before anything happens, so if you brick it, you can flash a backup to it and unbrick it.

the nightmare is over now brother
now go install those free games from the e-shop

I just have to clean up my SD first, get rid of Emunand and such. and make a backup of course.

The time is ripe. Wish me luck.

don't forget to format it
and ain't that a bit overkill? I can't find a single 3ds title over half a gig. I don't know what to do with a library of 256 or so games

Working on that as we speak, thanks for the reminder though.

Probably, but I really hate the cellphone style setup the New 3DS's SD slot uses and want to minimize any hassle with it as much as possible by not ever needing to take it out. Plus it was just under 5000 on Amazon for a 128 so I figured why not.

Wait, they are half a gig? With an 8 gb sd, you have enough for the whole setup, and how many games, aprox?

from what i've seen on the free shop, games go for around 450 or so mb or less. You'll probably squeeze in 16 games and a few more.

I recommend getting a 32 or 64. Full cartridge release titles can get up to 2ish gigs each.
most e-shop games are roughly half a gig. yes.

There are some outstanding ones like Pokemon, smash, or xenoblade, bravely default.

and kid icarus
these games are a lot smaller than what their cartridges can hold. I wonder why that is.

if i follow plailcet's guide in step 3 to get rednand and luma3ds running can i start playing games off cias without too much trouble?
i'll probably do the full al9h eventually but reading through it seems a bit daunting.

Yes. You can install cia's with an emunand. but In part 4 it tells you how to inject FBI, which is the cia installer you will need

take the leap brother
the odds of brick are not against you.

Btw, I neger fot the EmuNAND.bin.sha file, nor the SysNAND counterpart. What it is?

Menuhax.

Sorry, I'm, tired.

back ups for the OS and emulated OS

No, I mean, I have the backup,the .bin file, but the guide says there's a .bin.sha file

if you don't see one try creating the backups again.

I've ascertained that dgTool isn't really downgrading to 9.2 from 11. Did Nintendo flip the switch?

I'm way past that point, now, probably used an outdated Decrypt9 or something. I hope it doesn't make any difference.

it probably will

Are you having fun torturing me while I do this, user? because that turns me on

I'm getting a red screen with browserhax, what do?

there is a part in the hax where you need a function nand backup. If your outdated decrypt isn't giving your efforts will most likely go to waste
baby

try again.

Well, as far as I'm aware, the whole backup is in the .bin. It was weird that I didn't get 2 files, but I'm confident that only 1 file should be enough

Told you, user. Let's hope it works.

let's see how far your confidence takes you

Did, same thing. It boots up just fine, don't need to do the slide click thing, looks like it's loading, goes through a bunch of different color screens, stops on a red one. Did I fuck up somewhere?

It usually stops on the red screen, keep trying. It will happen on menuhax too, but not as often.

you are on part 1, correct? It's quiet possible that you are simply having an unlucky streak. I'd say after 10 tries consult the guide to see what you might have over looked.

So it's just try and retry until it works, not a symbol that I fucked up in copying shit over or anything?

Yep, currently going through a fourth try.

it's really hard to fuck up copying things over. you can download and recopy them again if it makes you feel better. and don't forget to clear all browser data before each try

Nope. It just happen since hblmenu is pretty unstable, even now. Menuhax is a must so you don't have to go through browserhax, only because the red screen thing can happen a lot.

Been doing that as well as the theme-resetting and system time resetting every time, but thanks for pointing that out.

About how long should I give it before restarting? Is it supposed to stay on the red screen for any length of time?

It depends, the first time I did it was only one try, but some user spended a lot of time doing it.
If it makes you feel better, the fact that the screen is flashing means you have everything ok in your SD.

And no, the red screen is supposed to go fast.

in my experience it took about no longer than a second with each color.

Please help I'm dying

dgTool?

try plaisys

Damn, so it's just a matter of doing it over and over until it takes then, fair enough. I'll keep plugging away at it, just failed Try 6. It doesn't make a difference whether I choose Google or Yahoo, right?

shouldn't
you didn't overlook any steps, right?

I'm following Plailect's guide.

Pretty sure it doesn't. You can try different ways to load browserhax. There was a QR way to do it. I think it should be valid, but if you're not confident, stick to the guide.

Welp, I didn'0t follow it from the beginning, but good luck.

did you skip any steps in it though? like the clock, calander, and dns adress

I don't think so, still in Phase 1.

Yeah been sticking to the guide, using the QR since it's faster and I don't trust my typing on a touch screen.

quoted wrong user,

And now I'm stuck with the bottom screen white, the top screen black, and the loading 3x3 boxes are frozen. This is new.

Homebrew is working through menuhax, but for whatever reason System Settings says it's still on 11. Been at it with PlaiSysUpdater all day, and it hasn't budged an inch. I even opened a couple of apps people told me to before trying to downgrade to 9.2.

Welp.

you did the extra steps required for downgrading v11?

;_;7

Back to red screens, but it's been like 15 tries, I think I'm going to redownload and recopy the starter kit just in case.

what vers is your ds at?

9.2.0-20J

well, browserhax keeps shitting itself you're going to need a new entry point.

where are those at?

Luckily that doesn't seem to be the case, I redownloaded and recopied to the microSD and now it's working fine, installing menuhax now.

So, I need another entry point?

I did it guys!
Also, should I reinject hs.app? What if I don't?

I'm not to sure, I didn't have a v11 3ds so I never bothered reading that part. wait till morn for other anons

absolutely nothing. you won't get the health and safety guide, that's all. I'd reinject it just so that I don't have to FBIs

You remind me of the devmenu fag. I mean, devmenu surely is superior to FBI, but the latest version is nice, also it have FTP installation.
Btw, where can I get the latest devmenu?

Oh, and what is the DSP Dump for?

In Step 3, just formatted SysNAND after setting up RedNAND and did the initial setup, it's telling me to reinstall menuhax, does that mean doing browserhax to get into Homebrew again?

yes, make sure you follow the steps like changing your theme and initializing save data too.

google it

Done, currently prepping for the 2.1.0 downgrade, which is where I'm starting to sweat bullets because this is an N3 instead of an old 3DS.

i completed this hack with an n3ds
just stay calm, it'll work

I googled it and couldn't find it. It's actually in one of the OP's downloads.
In any case, everything's working fine and I have everything I previously had on my emuNAND. Now my retarded sister and cousins can use it without fucking with me, and I can use it without too much hazzle as well, plus, that 1gb extra surely helps with an 8gb SD.

So, If I wanted to change my SD for a bigger one, how should I go about it?

Right, I know others have done it, just, first time doing it for myself, so naturally a bit nervous.

if there is no emunand copy and paste

And now it's hanging when trying to run OTPHelper in Section 3 of Part 4. Oh boy.

This is god sent.

Dude, you really have shit luck. Keep going, you're bond to do it.

only arm9loader has 100% boot rate
keep trying

panic
this is why i'm nervous to do the 2.1 downgrade

Just got it on the 5th try, thanks. Currently making the emuNAND and sysNAND backups.

All done. Now on a9lh cfw sysNAND.
Cleaned up my folders! Time to play games with my overclocked n3ds!

feels good doesn't it?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

before you delete them, try transferring them.
if the kb size is close to the byte size you may actually have a good nand. Copy and pasting will give you the size in gigs, easier to compare to the list

RIP, too late. I'll do that if they come out wrong again though.

holy shit I just found out about freeshop. My mind and dick has been blown.

you didn't read the op?
don't forget to get a flash card, plenty of good NDS titles too

I just assumed it was CIAs like always, so I was focused on a9lh till that was done.

So, uh… my sysNAND matches the Toshiba NAND, but my emuNAND matches the Samsung NAND. Is that normal?

yeah

Oh good, thanks.

So, while I wait for OTPHelper to unbrick my EmuNAND, how does the FreeShop updater work? Does it pull the list from 3ds.titlekeys.com/ ? Can I just search the titles I want on there and scan the QR codes using FBI?

Just download and install freeshop and the title generator, open the generator and it will pull the list for you and open free shop. EZ as that.

The title generator is encTitleKeys.bin ?

You can get one here: 3ds.titlekeys.com/ or if using freeshop, get a cia installable updater for this file here: github.com/MatMaf/encTitleKeys.bin-Updater/releases

Right, the updater is what I used on my old 3DS, just confirming if the source it's updating from is the 3ds.titlekeys.com site, and if I can just pick the games straight from there instead of scrolling through FreeShop's menu.

So, I'm on this part of the guide:

Section IV - Copying RedNAND data to SysNAND

Open Hourglass9 from arm9loaderhax by holding Start on boot
Go to "SysNAND Backup/Restore…"
Select "SysNAND Restore"
Confirm and restore from emuNAND_original.bin

But when I load from emuNAND_original.bin I get an error saying "Not a proper NAND backup for this 3DS"

freeshop has a search function

Never mind, tried deleting and recopying it and it works fine now. Scared me half to death though.

But it only uses English letters, so it's useless for searching for titles that are only kana/kanji.

And never mind again:

Failed, file is corrupt!

Help here

I've tried deleting and recopying multiple times, but it looks like it just won't work. I notice the instructions say to restore SysNAND from emuNAND_original.bin, but when I made my backups originally, the emuNAND was 1.21 GB (Samsung) whereas the SysNAND backup was 1.84 GB (Toshiba.) Is that the problem here? If so, what do I do?

Oh you've just used a Gateway card on it before. OK, basically Gateway launcher loads a CFW for their flash card, and it has a way to load it on top of sysNAND instead of emuNAND, but that option is hidden so you probably never have used it. As long as you aren't using the Gateway launcher for anything you aren't going to be in Gateway'd sysNAND, so that's not an issue.

However I strongly recommend you purge their emuNAND from your SD card and start a fresh one before trying any hacks. They're known to do dirty stuff.

Agreed. But when it does work doens't it feel that much more rewarding?

At least one tool uses it for verification of the NAND dump. You can also use it yourself, it just has a SHA256 hash of the file, the actual hash is in binary, you can view it in a hex editor though.

That's just used by some homebrew to play audio.

Exactly what it says.

docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/18/html/Burning_ISO_images_to_disc/sect-Burning_ISO_images_to_disc-Validating_the_Files-Validating_at_the_Windows_Command_Prompt.html

Run that over your ROM and open the .sha file in a hex editor, and verify the hashes match. Hope you don't have your only dump being a corrupt one.

That happened to me and it worked happy.

Thanks! do i have to format the sd card or i can just delete some files?

emuNAND is its own partition so formatting is the simplest way to clear it. You can copy files off before formatting but unless you have something important on there I'd just start from a clean SD card.

i'm okay with a clean format, but does that mean i have to do everything from the start, or i can just backup everything, then tranfer it over once i'm done formatting?

Also does the hack only works with the card i use or i will be able to swap them in the future?

Ended up consulting the IRC room and they said to just use the sysNAND_original and that worked fine, everything's done now, just need to start installing cias. Thanks though!

That depends what you were up to, like when my SD failed during a recent A9LH setup it killed all the redNAND setup, but not the 9.2 downgrade. Anyway you only need to clear emuNAND strictly speaking, and only if it's been used by Gateway, if you've created one during the guide then it's probably fine.

Also I've never tried swapping SD cards. Ideally during hack setup you should stick to one that you've used before.

Glad it worked out.

Same, though now I'm worried because a lot of the stuff that should be up on FreeShop isn't, like Sekaiju no MeiQ. I used the encTitleKeysUpdater.v1.3 and nothing. Can I just scan QR codes from 3ds.titlekeys.com/ in FBI, or will that not work?

if the key for that game isn't in the list it can't be downloaded via free shop.
someone has to bite the bullet for the rest of us.

Some of them I already own legit, so just tell me what to do.

3ds.titlekeys.com/

read the OP and it's following posts for more instructions

Alright, so if I use Decrypt9 to get the decTitleKeys.bin and submit, does it automatically get added into the updates, or do I need to wait for shit to happen? Or should I go ahead and try the encrypting with CDN-FX?

Also how likely is this to get me flagged by my ISP? I assume since these are just key files they're small and not as obvious as uploading entire games, but I'd rather not be deported.

your ISP probably won't notice.

Here's hoping your right~

you're*, fuck

Shit i'm scared now.
I was thinking of passing everything on the clean microsd i used for gateway (it was just to store games with the red cart) and use that for the downgrade and future cia.

emuNAND resides on the SD card in the 3DS, not in the Gateway card, that one only holds ROM files and saves. So if you were using that one through the hacking process you're totally fine.

No, i used the normal sd in the 3ds during the hack. I didn't format it but i made a backup on my pc and erased everything before starting the process. the only thing it automatically recreated were the 3ds information in pic related.

Well unfortunately emuNAND is not a file, it's a separate partition. So have you had to boot into one at all, or format one? I'm not familiar with that part of the guide.

here's the guide: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Freeway-Browser

From what i understand it only makes you do a backup of the emuNAND but doesn't modify it. You only touch the sysNAND.

So since emuNAND resides only in the sd card inside the 3ds, if i did all the process again from the start on a different card should i be…safe?

How do I know if an upload I did to Title Key worked? How long does it take to update?

If you aren't using emuNAND for that guide then you're also fine. Skip backing it up because when you get to the rest of the A9LH guide you'll be starting a new one anyway.

oh good, i thought i couldn't do it since i saw the card was named GATEWAYNAND and thought changed that automatically in between other stuff.

I'm still going to do everything all over again on a bigger card, since this one it's only 4gb, and it doesn't seems to read microSd with adapters and i wouldn't be able to play games like mh4u

Try searching the titles you added on the website.

i'm getting this issue when trying to inject fbi into h&s:
github.com/d0k3/Universal-Inject-Generator/issues/18
does anyone have a work around besides using windows? i don't have an sd card reader on any of my windows installs.

I tried two different ones about 4 or 5 hours ago, neither has shown up yet.

Since i have to buy a new card does it matter if it's SD or SDHC, the speed or whatever?

That won't affect the speed, what you want is to look at the "Class" of the card. I believe "Class 10" is the best. The "HC" just means "High Capacity" and means it can hold a lot of space.

solved by sending the hs.app file to a windows computer then sending the patched file back.
still no real idea why it's failing to create some of the files on the linux script.

Can I simply do a system transfer from an O3DS with a CFW on it to a N3DS that also has a CFW on it? Could I also just do a NAND backup of the O3DS and write it to the N3DS, or would them both being different models not work?

no

You sure?

you can't transfer hax from one ds to another

I never said anything about that. Both the O3DS and N3DS in this situation would already have CFW on each.

On part 5 of the Plailect guide, section 2, trying to install arm9loaderhax. When i put the url into the browser it boots up OTPHelper. This doesn't seem correct and I certainly don't see any option for a full install. Any ideas?

i also recall that nands are not transferable.

Bullshit, if I could system transfer from a non-hacked O3DS to a hacked one without a problem why couldn't I do it with two hacked ones?

no clue, just something I might have remembered during the process. If you think it's bs go ahead and try

I can't try anything yet, I don't have a N3DS with CFW on it. That's why I'm asking: I don't want to buy one, hack it, and find out I don't have a way to transfer my NNID and other things to the N3DS.

I haven't updated in forever and I'm still on rxtools.
If I update to luma, will I still keep all my pirated games and installed homebrew?

I tried running the luma.3dsx from a bootloader, but it just had a black screen.

why is it stored as raw hex instead of plaintext? i can't tell if i messed up or it's meant to be all jumbled

guess it was a hexdump issue, i'm able to get the correct values by actually opening the file

Any of you guys know how to get music out of a .3ds? There's no guides because the 3ds scene is autistic, and the .3ds file is 4GB so I can't get it onto a 3ds to follow half of these guides.

Probably.

I guess at least I can overclock it now.

So, I'm getting an error code when I try to go online with Monster Hunter Generations, saying I need to agree to the online usage agreement thing even though I did. The code is 003-0399