So apparently IGN admits they have a bias against Sonic the hedgehog. Even Aaron is calling them out on it...

youtube.com/watch?v=CZ7tEK6gglI

So apparently IGN admits they have a bias against Sonic the hedgehog. Even Aaron is calling them out on it. How fucked are they?

Don't worry fellow Goofy Goobers, this is uploaded from another non IGN channel thus preventing views going to IGN.

It's a shit channel, WEBM that shit.

Have any plans on actually watching it or are you just here to complain it's not a webm?

Much like the majority of hipster faggits that rag on about how bad the adventure games are, but only get E ranks.

IGN has a bias against games that require you to git gud.

I don't really like Sonic, and it's been years since I last played one, but did they give reasons as to why Sonic is bad.
Not why they don't like it, but why Sonic is a bad game. It seems to be to a lot of people that Sonic is bad, but no one can explain why or is willing to.

Never forget God Hand.

Obligatory

Look, I agree with you, but you are not going to help anything by posting that. It makes you look like you have shit taste.

Saw, heard his shit opinions. Closed.

Webm that shit or get the fuck out.

Nice hivemind

Is this nigger for real?

no, they straight up just fling insults at the viewers and call names and make fun of sega

Yeah you're right. There are no good Sonic games.

read as:there are no sonic games i got good at

Millenial spotted

I really love this "Sonic was never good" bandwagon thats been going on for a few years, talk about trying to fit in

IGN please.

But the Youtube link in OP is a reupload, nobody's making money off of it and IGN isn't receiving views as a result. Why webm?

Pretty sure the channel owner is also spouting dumb shit.

It is never a question of why webm anyways, it's a question of why you SHOULDN'T webm.

because he didn't read the full op

frickin fricks how frickin dare they FRICK

What does that matter when it's not his video and there's no profit involved? I was always under the impression the push to webm absolutely everything was so someone, somewhere didn't make maybe ten cents off 100k views rather than just because people don't like the uploader.

The fatfuck with a potato dumbshit face saying that Mario has "aged better" and most of the other shit is the one who pisses me off the most. Then there's the beta too much gmo soy queer who said that "Sonic CD was the only good one" parroting shit like an idiot. I bet he has never finished a single Sonic game.

M3rkMusic is the worst one of all for these shitty thumbnails

So close.

sammy has grown

i think his older self is struggling to come to terms with being a meme

he looks like a lesbian now

I'm glad he's not Chris-chan at least. The kid didn't deserve that. Heck, Chris almost didn't deserve it, if he wasn't a giant asshole who practically walked into every problem headfirst screaming.

is he a woman? he could pull of a decent Velma cosplay

He looks like a younger me, is it a trend for autistic people to look a like

This nigger is going to be a trap, calling it now. If not a tranny that will hang himself.
Dude better start lifting before it's too late.

If he changed his glasses and my memory of his previous videos could be somehow erased he could be considered cute. Please kill me.

The "Sonic was never good" meme was created and perpetuated by nu-males who never played/got gud at the originals, and think they know a lot about game design because they took a class at community college. I guarantee all of them think video games are art too.

I also hate Sonic the hedgehog and its fans.

This

Conspiracy call out:

"SONIC WAS NEVER GOOD" is the nu-male campaign to get back at the Sonic twitter for being 'problematic' and not playing ball with the SJW agenda. If they can't control that popular twitter, then they will smear it.

I don't like IGN but there isn't a single good Sonic game out there. The 2D ones are shitty platformers and the 3D ones are shitty adventure games. The only thing they ever did well was the art assets in the 2D ones and some of the music, their gameplay has always been mediocre at best.

If you don't explain why you think that the are "shitty' then your opinion is discarded.

Don't forget they don't like Sonic's attitude

Any game "study" should be banned. There are fucking colleges here that give that give game "arts" classes, game design classes are cancer too as they teach how to copy whatever is populair. Shit like walking simulators and minecraft clones.

What happened to this dude? He's severely medicated, isn't he?
A fallen gaymer.

F

They saw pic related and it hit too close to home.

Sammy, please do us anons a favor and become a trap. For science.

I feel like most children, especially kids nowadays, could easily be as autistic as sammy was the difference is most kids dont have a youtube channel to display their autism to the world

Hope the guy makes it

fuck off niggers I've been saying that all Sonic games were shit long before the whole twitter thing. Their gameplay is impressively mediocre and their level design is generally extremely dull. The 2D ones have sluggish movement and only function as intended once you have completely memorized the level layout, and the 3D ones have extremely gratuitous auto aim in the combat with lots of sections where you do nothing but hold the joystick further. Unless you're a degenerate furry who can only get hard looking at cartoony anthros, I really do not understand why you would like these games. People only like these games because of the incredibly smart marketing of the early games (I mean Sonic 2 is the reason that games nowadays still get released on Tuesdays, that's some powerful marketing).

I just don't get what value they have over something like the 2D/3D Mario games because they do absolutely everything worse. Gameplay of the 2D ones only works once you've memorized the level layout, and the gameplay in the 3D ones is full of noskill auto aim attacks and sections where you just press forward for a long time. The art direction after the 2D ones is terrible, the music is sometimes decent, and obviously story is a non-factor. I have tried to like all of the ones that were well regarded like SA2 and the originals but found nothing of value. You casuals only like Sonic because of very competent marketing with the early games and nostalgia.

IGN are casuals.

They literally give games bad scores just because they're too hard like a bitch.

Typical failed journalist turned gaming "journalist" glorified blogger.

the video is retarded, but yes IGN hates sonic, but its because they are shit at sonic games and because the sanic twitter triggers them

and its not just IGN, these retards never figured out how to hold a controller properly or something

some highlights

Do people even fucking know how to make WebM's anymore around here. Fucks sake.

Homing Attack was introduced because it's a pain in the fucking ass to platform and jump on enemies in 3D, especially with as high-speed a game as Sonic and the way spinning was changed in the transition to 3D. Hell, Mario 64's a much much slower-pace game and it still takes a bit of finagling to jump on shit, which is why you can punch.

user, please do us anons a favor and commit suicide. For science.

I like the games because they are fun, the marketing didn't even reach my country.

The guy in that video literally didn't know how to move forward and jump at the same time.

You can hear they never played a Sonic game for more than a minute, they push and push bullshit through there mouths like they are paid for it.

The three stages to degeneracy

more like nobody cares about "muh views", yeah right you must think that 3 views with adblock enabled got them like amillion dollars

They are probably partly to blame for poorly optimized games, as they're no longer made by autistic code wizards but by hipster design graduates.

It's perfectly easy to play Sonic quickly without getting fucked in the ass. Obviously, having the levels memorized is a boon, but all you need to reach the end of the level quickly is fast reaction times. Mario would have the same problem, where a sluggish individual would struggle to go through the level quickly without memorizing it.
The gameplay is good too - they have good physics and tight controls, each level is challenging and distinct without being gimmicky, and the bosses and enemies are memorable. That's not touching on the great sprites and 10/10 music.
Not commenting on the 3D games since I don't feel as strongly about them, but Sonic 1-3 are brilliant.

AHHHHHHHH

Yeah, dumb ass friend of my picked game 'design' as his study. Gave the dude a list of why he should have picked programming instead. But he wouldnt listen.

Nigger made a half baked minecraft clone in unity with stolen code and textures, took him a fucking year.

Sammy is becoming the kind of boy Holla Forums likes.

Who gives a shit what Holla Forums thinks though.

I just beat lost world and I thought it was pretty mediocre
but this guy doesn't even realize that he can jump over the spike balls at 0:55

3 views too many faggot.

Do we have a Holla Forums board? I thought that shit was dead and lacked moderation.

Since about a week ago its getting constantly raided by Holla Forums, guess they figured out it has no moderation

he looks like a bitchboy prostitute. bet he already sucked dozens of gay poz nigger dicks already.

Why is Holla Forums so tsundere for Sonic?

Probably the autistic fanbase

There was always an appreciation for sonic, It had something in one of the games that someone would like. Now it's just Holla Forums buckling down on their love of sonic like crazy because SJW's said they don't like it and we have to do the opposite and always like sonic or else haram.

It's reasonably active.

Because it was a good game in a time when games were simple and fun. But it got a lot of sequels and became an autistic cash cow. I get funny feelings in my tummy when I think about sonic. It's almost like I need to take a shit but I just can't for sentimental reasons. The genesis was the first console I actually 'owned' so I'm attached to it.

It's surprisingly active.

Look at this webm. This is the first level of Sonic Advance 2. The main problems I have with Sonic are illustrated in this webm. The first thing I dislike is that there is always something put in the way of maintaining your momentum. There are springs and loops that give Sonic a boost in speed that are then followed by spikes, a conveniently placed enemy, or a pit that can either lead to death or an alternate route. This is bullshit. These levels play like obstacle courses that you've got to replay numerous times in order to memorize each obstacle before you can get through them in an efficient manner. That by itself is fine, because this encourages players to master the game, but I don't think these make for good platforming. I feel like things would be more interesting if the player had more ways to control Sonic's momentum in order to keep a flow rather than learn how to do so through incredible repetition.

The first level is always the easiest. Later on shit gets even more annoying.

h*ck off tumblrtale i dont like you

Nice strawman webm faggot

I don't remember advance 2 being annoying.
Advance 1 is the best one anyeays

You're ignoring the fact that Advance 2 was on the GBA and had a shit resolution compared to the early 2D games, so of course it's going to be harder to anticipate oncoming obstacles.
Plus they are obstacle courses, but you can easily get around most of those obstacles by having good reaction times. It's exactly like if you tried to run through a level in super mario bros.

"Uhm, let's insult this classic and see how many clicks we get…"

This seems incredibly tame by sonic standards.
I can't recall exactly, but one of the later stages in the original Sonic has a booster that runs directly into a spike wall.
The most inconvenient thing here is the vertical springboards.

People started noticing the bullshit after they rated the shittier Wii port of Unleashed higher than the 360 port which got a score lower than fucking 06.

post yfw when it was not Gamergate but Sonicgate that actually gives the fatal blow to game journalism because they were stupid enough to insult a large majority of their audience.

Born after the 16 bit console wars so it was never the marketing that appealed me. Sonic looking like Felix the Cat was what interested me at the time. But overall it was the simple fact that you can attack by jumping while platforming.

Why not

#SonicJustice

I think anything with -gate sounds grating.

Reminder that Sonic Spinball was the last game in the franchise that wasn't a weaponized combination of AIDS and cancer.

Maybe, however I'm talking about how these games are designed. They have always deliberately been made with "designated speed sections" and "designated platforming sections" and the two never mix well. In Act I of Angel Island Zone, there are nine obstacles to traverse - rocks, springs that push you back, and spikes - followed by a loop at the end that leads to a boss. What do these obstacles provide other than something to memorize and move over? From a speed running perspective, this is interesting because a speed runner will play through this same level, and the entire game, over and over again and figure out strategies to get past the level as quickly as possible, and in doing so will learn to overcome the obstacles through memorization and trial and error. On the other hand, the average player will stumble his way through these levels and feel frustrated at how poorly these elements mix. Speed and platforming don't mix well, and I'm just saying that Sonic shouldn't try to mix the two. Instead come up with ways they can be used independently of one another. If not, then think of some ingenuous way to mix them that doesn't involve a shit ton of autism and memorizing levels.

Oh, and you say Sonic needs more ways to control his momentum, yet Advance 2 was the game that introduced the tricks as a way to control his momentum. Are you actually familiar with the series all that well?

What you're describing is platforming games in general, though. Every level is just a collection of obstacles for you to avoid. Any first-time player of any platformer, aside from the easiest of them, is going to stumble a bit through the game. That's just what being unfamiliar with a level means. Sonic's speed and flow was meant to be a reward for getting good at the game, not the default.

Like I said, having obstacles isn't a big deal if you've got good reaction times, which you should if you play vidya. It's not trial and error, it's just a platformer that requires you to make quick decisions.

Alright, so what do you think is wrong with Sonic as a franchise, and what do you think could be done to remedy those problems? Surely you're not going to imply that these games are perfect and beyond criticism.

One day this house of cards will fall down.

What do you mean by "as a franchise"? I ask this because there are a lot of different styles of Sonic games, from the Genesis titles to the Generations formula.

There are typically two styles of mainline Sonic games, the 2D games (Sonic 1 - 3, Sonic CD, Sonic Advance) and the 3D games (Adventure 1 and 2, Heroes, etc). There is no consensus on what has been done best, you've got a split fanbase with people who like one style over the other and differing opinions all around. I'm generally referring to either one of these two mainline styles. Forget about Sonic Pinball, forget about Sonic Racing or any other spinoff games. Those games have their merit, but they're spinoffs that aren't necessarily designed to be Sonic games, but are made to feature Sonic and his cast of friends.

Even then, there are splits, though. All the Dimps 2D games post Advance 1 play very differently from the "classic" Sonic 2D games. Adventure 1 - '06 play very similarly to each other, but then Unleashed completely changed it up, then Lost World changed it again.

It will.

This is probably why IGN is openly admitting their bias now, since all the "cool kids" are doing it they can say they were doing it before it was cool!

Sounds to me like you're describing Sonic Rush, which was IIRC also made by Dimps

We've known this for a decade now.

I haven't played a Sonic game since SA2, so I'm the wrong person to ask.

GOGGERNOBBLER GO HOME

Rush fit more with the "Boost to win" description, but they made up for it because they added a trick system which made the games fun but in a different manner than the pinball physics Sonic games.

They give games bad scores when they aren't paid to do otherwise.

The difference is Sammy's parents care about his well being while Chris' parents raised him with the idea that he's the center of the universe and can do no wrong.

I am no longer fooling around. You faggots need to get up to speed and do things properly.

Except it isn't. It's reusing ideas from a canceled Sonic game on the Saturn. I'm tired of hearing.

I haven't played all the Sonic games, admittedly. I have played 1, 2, Sonic CD, 3 and Knuckles, Sonic 3D Blast,Sonic Spinball, Adventure 1 and 2, Sonic Advance 2, and Sonic Heroes. I can safely rule out spin off titles, and my only interpretation of a "mainline Sonic game" is the ones in which Sonic goes through a series of different themed courses, collects rings and emeralds, and fights mecha devised by Eggman at the end. That's what Sonic started as, and there are some deviations from this, but if I had to come up with a solid definition for what makes a Sonic game, that would be it.

So, back to the question. How do you think Sonic as a franchise could be improved?

Why do people hate Dimps so much?

Looks like garbage, if I'm honest.

I remembered being so excited for this game because I thought it was a spiritual successor to Xtreme. Sadly it was pretty mehish which didn't copy Mario Galaxy but Mario as a series in general. It was a decent rental though.

You're fucking stupid. No ONE is saying that.

Holy shit, he looks like this 14-year old kid who wanted to fuck.

Listen up, there's almost nothing to speak to regarding th Sanic frenchise. The is no debate, it's not even fair food quality.

But seriously, I'm interested how the devs will utilize this drop dash move. Maybe it will appeal to the people that complained about losing momentum while going through the obstacles.

Wow, seeing it in slow motion really makes me see egoraptors hypocrisy in his "critisism"

This looks great.

How many anons would you kill if given the go?

What did the arin say? say?

What did he say?

None. I've always had a fantasy of hooking up with people from this board.

Then again, the fantasy is better than the reality, I'd still really very much like to try it though!!

He liked the title logo though.

What great an animator who don't animate?

wut

If Mania turns out to be shit, we can be thankful that we got this kickass music.

Fucking christ, he's one to talk. Since he hasn't animated shit for almost a half a decade now.

Sorry, my english isn't to great. I'm only good from what I had earned in school.

Aw, it's okay user.

I don't mind.

I was only pretending

*&*

It's fine that arin doesn't like Sonic, but he's just looking for shit to complain about at this point.

Also fucking lol at calling the animation "wonky". Says the man who's animation style is wonky in every frame.

I wouldnt trust the eyes of someone that went after a xeno whore

Does anyone have that picture of arin eating suzys pussy? I want to send it to him on twitter.

That question still doesn't make sense in context to what you were discussing. As a whole, I'd say it should stop trying to "innovate" every other game and find a good formula to polish up and expand on.

If we're talking 2D games only, the general gameplay is fine, Sonic & co. control well, the level design in general is serviceable, and it's generally well polished. The games aren't absolutely perfect, but they don't have any blatant flaws, either (unless we're talking Dimps' later entries into the series). If I were to improve them, starting from S3&K as a base, I would do more with having separate paths for the different playable characters that take advantage of their abilities, maybe even have exclusive power-ups for each. I would spread out the special zone entrances more evenly so that the majority of them aren't in the first few acts of the game. I'd try not to have level obstacles or gimmicks that involve waiting around for long periods of time.

>>>/monster/

It's a short level 1.

U wot m8, you see them and bypass them it's not a science I can see the level right there nothing presented was near unreactable the one time you get hit was because you walked on top of the spike trap when it was present there before.
Fucking mario is a shit I can't beat the game in under 7 minuets my first try and there is only 6 obstacles the whole game that do nothing but force memorization.
By making damage recoverable easy which is what they do.

Modern casuals hate old sonic games because they can't be bothered to gitgud and memorize.
Modern casuals like new 2D sonic because they hold down boost and win.
Everyone hates elements of 3D sonic- except the sonic sections which are better (though not always good) and the music.

Fair assessment?

I'm still self-aware enough to know that being gay is morally wrong so there is still hope for me.

reminder

What was the last non-gg or starbomb related thing he did?

Why even call him egoraptor?

FETAL ALCHOHOL BABY

this remains to be the gayest fucking thing i have ever seen in my entire life

any one have the webm with the music overlayed ?

oh wait fugg i meant ocarina of time

Link Between Worlds was meh. I wouldn't count it as mainline 3D zelda either. It wasn't bad, just needed more polish.

AlttP > WW > TP > MM > OoT > SS

Mario was always superior. Deal with it.

3D World sucked.

Eat shit Arin. Holy fuck.

That's a bit short sighted. Quite sure I'd just nod in agreement in person until their skeleton is found down a wel 20 years later and I'm living in another country that doesn't support extradition.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

They are kind of right, It's not that Sonic was never good, he was just never great. Sonic games were never at the same level of quality as Mario or Mega Man, but he's generally held up as high as both of them, Sonic is only a great show of how strong marketing can push an average series into the spotlight and keep it there.

Also I am completely hopeful that Sonic Mania makes sonic great…. for once.

l-lewd

They're not right. You're correct about everything else, though. Sonic games were absolutely above the status quo in the 90s, and have been at other times, as well.

OOS > OOA > EVERYTHING ELSE

Mario is great because he's innovative even if they're not perfect. There is no such thing as a perfect game. People keep forgetting that Mega Man had a bunch of meh to bad games ratio similar to Sonic (Rockman Xover, Megaman X7 shit tier, the Legends series being flawed but still beloved just like the Adventure series). The marketing excuse is bullshit. Again there are people that just like a platformer where you can run like crazy while turning into a weapon when you jump just like people like tight controls and platformers in just shooting forward.

Just you for being a tremendous faggot.

Why argue about mario vs sonic? Sports games are shit.

I've tried Mario games multiple times and they've always felt boring to me. Felt too slow and the platforming was just "eh". Maybe it's because I've been playing Sonic since I was a kid but I never really got the appeal of Mario games.

The only real drawback I can see to them compared to Mario and Mega Man is that they're fairly short, but that doesn't make them not on par.

If you want a fast paced mario game play Either 64 or Sunshine.They can be fast and fluid if you can git gud.

fuck off

try playing Rush or S&K you casual

can't games be art? I mean, you can practice violins like you practice combo's, it has music, visual niceties and all that jazz.
I reckon a game can be art.
But an artsy game will be shit.

false dichotomy

I love some games, hate the rest and the fans

fuck off IGN

I'm fucking glad. It's got lots of pretentious cunts.

fuck off

This, fucking this.

Maybe it's because I played the DS version but I didn't really like 64 that much either. Sunshine doesn't look that interesting either.

a few posts later

What.

oh wait, nevermind, brainfart.

thought you were defending IGN

The old ones before Advance 2 were pretty good. I just think you don't like platformers user.

Mario 64 DS is inferior to the original.

Should've been made as a 3DS title where it would actually have a controller stick instead of using the D-Pad or the god awful touch screen controls

Mostly because you have different taste. Or maybe mood. I always compare Sonic and Mario to whether you want to go exploring roads in a smooth drive or just take it slow in a nice hike where you can fully engage with your surroundings. When I want a good challenge, I play Mega Man. When I want to enjoy the platforming completely and engage with the environment then it's Mario I'd play. If I want to enjoy running and enjoy the speed without worry as I can turn into a ball and I can pick up my health back even if I get hurt, then I'd play Sonic. The only way you can compare one game to another is how well they are put together. Mario isn't great because of his method of platforming, he's great because again he can bring innovative ideas and also his games are the most tightly knit and stable games we played. But just because Mario doesn't have fast paced combat like Sonic and Mega Man doesn't mean one side is wrong in playing them, because it all comes down to what you feel like playing.

You take that back. 3D land sure but not 3d World.
I had way too much fun than I've had in a long time with that game.

Sonic Team needs to stick to one style (one for 2D and one for 3D) and continue to improve on it. They're on a good track with the 2D style with how Sonic Mania looks. For 3D they just need to improve upon Generations since that one is the best 3D one so far.

Yeah that's what usually hear. I did also play SMB3 on GBA and just wasn't feeling it.

Yeah I just figured Mario games just aren't my thing but I'm not gonna run up to someone and say "The thing you like is shit because I don't like it". Sonic is definitely not without it's flaws but man it seems like it's negatives are inflated to unnecessary proportions to the point where people say there's never been a good Sonic game. It's had a lot of average to mediocre titles though the only truly bad ones so far have been 06' and Boom. Hell Lost World wasn't that bad but you see them going "Hurrr Sanic Cycle"

but sonic team isn't making mania

Well then Sega made the right call with having that guy who ported the older games work on it rather than DIMPS again after Sonic 4.

If Mario 64 was done on the 3DS it would have curtailed the unfiltered textures and the lower-resolution. Having that 3DS Zelda or Mario 3D Land polish would have been spectacular and worth running through the extra content

The Advance port of SMB3 is for playing the eReader exclusive levels. One good thing about the Virtual Console release is that they're all unlocked from the get-go.

Dimps aren't hated, it's just that their talents lie outside making good Sonic games. Sega probably didn't care about that too much at the time, but at least they won't need to bring them on again now the likes of Taxman and Stealth are running the asylum.

Well, there's the people here and elsewhere who say that Sonic = autism. Which is true, though not because he's furry. They see that people can go fast and try it themselves but they aren't good so they blame the games because they aren't used to them. A common complaint being "You have to memorize everything or you get hit every five seconds!" Which isn't true, but memorizing things is key in speedruns and Sonic is basically Speedrun: the Game which they are likely acutely aware of and realize it when they play it and then lament on why they aren't that good. In my eyes speedruns and high-level gameplay is pretty damn autistic but nobody ever says it about things like Doom or DMC.

There's also the sect of Adventure whose members likely first got into the series through the Gamecube releases or worse, Sonic X and are in my opinion the greatest single source of autism you can find near the series. They've been getting uppity lately since the anniversary conference isn't giving them Adventure 3, even though they've already had it and it's Sonic '06, don't even try arguing it. All it's missing is the name and the Chao Garden. Being a buggy mess isn't in its favour there though. They'll likely reject both the new games because it's not what they wanted.

ayylmao convinced him to give up on animation a long time ago

Mario has aged better though. What is SMB2 USA, SMB3, SMW, Yoshi's Island?

Sonic and Undertale have a lot of crossover, of course.

Do people still treat IGN serious despite they're often getting called out on their bullshit?

I wish they were part of Gawker, they deserve to die by a painful death.

It's not just logo animation, by the way, watch gameplay videos in slow-mo too, PagodaWest guys did a very good job at animating.

Pretty sure that current Sonic Team won't be able to make classic Sonic game ever, they can't even make the same classic physics anymore. It's good that SEGA hired Taxman, Stealth and PagodaWest, they're the most competent people right now who still care about Sonic.

I just hope the game will be long enough, maybe longer than S3&K, Taxman confirmed that it will be longer than Generations at least.

Just a reminder

I've got a video of it.

What movie is this?

It's not gay if it's a cat.

Prometheus

List of great SNES gems.

Metroid
Donkey Kong Country
Rendering Ranger R2
Star Fox
Super Mario World
F-Zero
Axelay
Secret of Mana
Seiken Densetsu 3
Mega Man X Series
Super Castlevania IV
ActRaiser
Contra III
Out of this World / Another World
Kirby’s Dreamland 3
R-Type III: The Third Lightning
Super R-Type & Gradius III
Cybernator/Assault Suits Valken
Jikkyō Oshaberi Parodius
Super Turrican
Kirby Super Star
Chrono Trigger
Road Runner: Death Valley Rally
Realm
Terranigma
Yoshi’s Safari

You forgot Illusion of Gaia.

Here's some more
The fire Emblem games
Shoujikuu Yousai Macross
The Megami Tensei games
Metal Max Returns
Sunset Riders
Wild Guns
Super Ghouls N Ghost
Zombies Are my Neighbors
Umihara kawase
Rockman and Forte
Jaki Crush

There's way too many to list. You just have to jump in and explore.

That exists?

yes

I kind of don't want to see it, but a part of me is morbidly curious…

I might or might not have it on my old laptop. Let me check it here in a minute and see if I have it. If I remember correctly Suzy is playing some shit on the 3DS while Arin is eating her out.

Holy shit dude i'm fucking dying

Remember, anons. Can't spell "Ignorance" without IGN.

Couldn't find it on my old laptop, but surprisingly all it took was a quick google search.

ew

what about arin or suzy makes you think they're grateful dead fans or that they'd have shitty patterns on their walls instead of arin's garbage cartoons

Poor argument on the grounds of general accepted platforming logic. ALL platforming games are a series of trial and error and memorization trials. How many have you consumed in your life? Tens? Hundreds? Congrats, then. That makes elements of platforming to you intuitive and thus gives you an edge over the people who haven't played a day in their life.

None of what you described is a strike against Sonic as a game or concerning its game mechanics. Instead, you've just outlined you have either working knowledge on wanting to build a speed-leaning course, or are just regurgitating bullet points from that one youtube faggot that harped on endlessly at how shitty Marble Zone was in Sonic 1. either case, it does little to prove Sonic's game mechanics are shit.

all games are trial and error*

how the fuck did this even get out? that implies that this image was, at one point, deliberately uploaded to a computer, then to a publicly accessible medium on the internet. that's the exact opposite thing you would do with a sex pic, unless your last name is kardashian

Valid. All video games, in practice, are a series of complicated rules and reflex tests that give a clear win criteria.

At least until the advent of fucking moba and p2win shit, whose purpose is solely to farm whales.

that's another good point
also
this picture is being taken by a third person so we DEFINITELY know it's not arin and suzy, since in that situation he'd be the one with the camera in one hand and his dick in the other

Jon?

It's probably timed.

OR MAYBE JONTRON IS THE BULL.

Apparently Suzy was into some artzy modeling thing. Also take into account the picture was made before the Game Grumps.

you're right. I just did a quick search and the image is definitely fake. I thought it was strange that her tits were that big.

honestly, i don't know why anyone would want nudes of that butterface anyway.

it could be that he uploaded it
but that still doesn't explain the grateful dead shit, or the art that is neither arin nor suzy's
also, there's a fucking billion white dudes with shoulder length brown hair
also, arin has a blond streak
this is just some faggot eating uninterested pussy that you fags have been fapping to for years

For a fetal alcohol syndrome victim, she has a surprisingly nice body.

I'd still put a paper bag over that shit though

He's only had it for a few years.

also, apparently she has a tattoo on her left arm, which isn't in that image.

she's flat as hell, that ain't her my man

This has already been said but

SUMO, WHERES MY SONIC AND ALL STARS RACING 3?! ARE YOU WAITING FOR NINTENDO TO MAKE ANOTHER MARIO KART?!

What if Aarin keeps a collection of fetal alcohol sex clones inside his basement for casual sex.

this is one of his many clones

Maybe it didn't sell well,

I made it this far down thinking this was a webm thread.

Same thing has happened to me, actually.

now that kotaku and gawker are dead, can we kill polygon and IGN?

soon

I don't know, 1.36 million copies worldwide seems to be pretty good (Unless they pulled a Square-Enix and blew a lot of marketing money on fucking Ralph and Danica Patrick)

I really hope they're not waiting for Nintendo to make another Mario Kart just so they can take notes from it (Even though they say they had the idea of transforming vehicles first before Mario Kart 7 was announced)

Mario did aged better though. I'm not hating on Sonic, but you need to compare the games from both franchises.

Gawker has been fucked by the lawsuit, but won't that just mean that Denton will sell it off to someone else and the cycle will start over?

More over, there is still demand for shitty clickbait. All their writers and staff will just find work elsewhere, or another company will pop up to take the retard SJW audience they left behind.

I dunno. I'm really cynical. It's fun watching these fuckers squirm but it's not over, not by a long shot.

All the classic Sonic games from 1 to 3&K have aged just as well.

Well holy shit.

Sonic Spinball>Sonic Battle>>>>>>Mario

Would plow his boipucci

Then again…how many more characters could they add that people would like to have or would buy the game?

All I can think of

Theres probably some other SEGA characters I'm missing (Can't think of anyone they'd add for Sonic characters that won't be met with groans)

I forgot to mention

i don't think you understand how many copies miku alone would sell
now toss in a vocaloid stage with tons of background music
instant autism bux

You forgot the most obvious and better answer fag.

I'm so sorry Segata, that escaped my mind

what can you expect from an animatior this fucking jaded, who got told to stop pipe dreaming and live the easy life

They could go for characters from "obscure" IPs, like Dark Falz "Apprentice" (modern) or Lisa from PSO2, or one of the Temjin 747 models from Virtual On Force (though if they go the "transformed route, a Cypher / Myzr would be the better choice).

Or SUMO Digital can give us a character that nobody asked for, like Dr. Zan from Streets of Rage 3.

You failed.

Oh believe me, there'll likely be a few of those if Bonanza Bros and Reala are anything to go by

I made a faggy thread about Stranger Things there and it took 6 hours to get a reply. The thread never hit page 5 and I spent my time arguing with an user who was saying it was SJW propaganda to play devil's advocate.

Reala makes my dick so fucking hard for some reason.

Dr. Zan is cool though, he's an old man turned cyborg that can electrify people to death and roll out explosives, even if he's just a DBZ ripoff.

Denton's still trying to find a buyer. I imagine his publicized attempts to weasel out of his legal punishment (up to and including perjury which got his ass slammed even harder after the court found out) aren't doing him any favors.

If you could go back in time to be the beginning of Sanic autism, which OC Donut Steel would you post on the Interwebz?

(chekt)
If this is not a shoop, that guy is my nigga.

Call me a casual faggot, but I always wished The screens were a little larger. I feel like the faster gameplay should have been complemented by being able to see a little farther and thus being able to better maintain momentum. As a kid, it felt like I was always getting slammed by shit that was just off screen. Most of my experience with Sonic is from the Mega Collection for Gamecube.

The game sold over two million units, tbh.

Blaze from SoR was supposed to be in, but at that point in time they already had way too many "humanoid" looking characters.
Also, Alice and Alys from Phantasy Star games.

That's not Suzy and Arin you retarded fucks. Suzy is an ugly bitch who's flatter than an ironing board, this chick's actually got decent tits.
I don't doubt she makes him eat her disgusting stinky pussy everyday though, he's a beta faggot alright.

Can I get a link to the original video OP posted? I want to be a fag and read the comments.

Short is kind of subjective. Sonic goes fast so a rather large level seems short when you're speeding through it.

Just by viewing it you're still contributing to it, just not directly. Youtube counts every view, comment and video vote in for its popularity rating. Popular videos show up higher in search and more frequently displayed in "suggested", netting them shit ton more viewers still. And then they'll get their adbux.

every time

Actually, he cant sell gawker because he has to hand the assets over to the hulk. This is pretty recent news, denton is fucked.

Fuck off IGN apologist.

it's some good major progress but you're right, they 'ont just disappear they will disperse

i haven't touched a sonic game since sonic & knuckles i just hate ign.

What's up with the weird res? Was the original also 320x180?

I hate sonic too. That guy is just to fucking ugly.

"Now why can't he be like that nice boy mario?"

They gave double dragon neon a 3/10 because the reviewer doesn't like beat em ups.
That is how retarded IGN is. The only one who doesn't know what genres are is IGN

Because Sonic 2 is one of the first games i've ever played, but i'm not autistic enough to buy the shitty games like 06 or ow the edgehog.

For one, they need to actually bug test the game, or at least play it to see if the fucking physics are correct. The Japs at SEGA never seem to give sonic team enough time to make a fucking game, and the end result is shit like Sonic adventure, ow the edgehog and nusonic the nuhog where the whole game is nothing but furry drama paired with buggy as fuck stages that seem to punish speed because can just clip through just about anything and everything, or Sonic 4 (and Freedom Planet for that matter) where momentum is just fucked and you can walk up incredibly steep hills no problem.

Also, unlike mario, most of the sonic spin offs that aren't all stars racing/transformed are just trash, like the one they made for the fucking kinect.

game journos have been saying "sonic was never good" for a long time now. This isn't a nu male trend although a lot of the nu males do hold this position.

HE IS SLOWLY TURNING INTO ASHLEY BURCH

The reason sonic games are well known is because most of them had a lot of care put into them. It was fucking great.

Do people around here even fucking know how to use proper grammar and punctuation anymore?

You know, these are the people who review our games, & I know how after gamergate we've all come to realize how PAINFULLY the entire industry needs people who know what the fuck they're talking about to do their damn jobs, but I'm taken aback by how much these people piss me off on a daily basis.

Talking about it is pointless now, but god damn, just….wow…if these people can get jobs then anyone can

There are a lot of jobs that seemed difficult as kids. When I was a child, I thought game journalism actually required a journalism degree. Then when you grow up, you realize that the bar has been set so low that anyone could do it.

Anyone could become a game journalist because there is no journalism involved.

Anyone can become an author because people will publish ANYTHING nowadays.

Anyone can become an artist because a blank canvas is a deep, meaningful expression of how empty a capitalist society makes one feel.

Anyone can design a video game because there are shitty engines that do all the work for you or you can just go the Depression Quest route and be counted as a "video game".

I still can't understand how people didn't realize game reviewers were full of shit beforehand. Hell i knew the very moment i opened up a fucking magazine of fucking one of those useless rags and saw a review of "The Thousand Year Bore"

I used to buy a gaming magizine that was pretty good. From their reviews I got a nice picture of what the game was like and they had a nice sense of humor. No political correct garbage and they often called out shit companies like EA. Of course that changed over the years and im pretty sure they are pozzed right now

/ogc/ here I think it went that Danica (and by extensions) Hot Wheels paid to have her put in and that also helped get it published. While the upside is it got us the game, it also means Transformed was so close to not being published. I hope they do another one though.

I honestly like the goofy and obscure characters like Bonanza Bros and AGES

I'd take a full blown Ayy over Suzy. Particularly if it won't kill me.

I understand thinking the games outside the original trilogy are bad (No, I don't count CD as being part of the original 3). But denying those in particular are very good and well made games is fucking ridiculous.

Sonic CD did that actually, the screen shifted focus further ahead when Sonic reached his top running speed or charged either the peel-out or spindash move like in pic related. The re-release also has this effect though it's less drastic because it's already widescreen, but only if you choose the original Spindash in the settings for some reason.

that's why sonic is shit and has always been

Fuck you assholes, made me laugh so hard [/spoiler]I cried because it wouldn't stop.[/spoiler]

Fucked up how the hipsters got that show.

Did she dump him?

I thought Kotaku got sold off to IGNs owner.

Can't be, he's fare cuter than a Burch.

Nice to hear that Hot Wheels still makes bank.

I'm so fucking tired of this "Sonic used to be good" meme. After having played a lot of different sonic games recently I can without a doubt say that the only remotely fun or somewhat good Sonic game is Sonic 2. The games have never been good except for that, and only existed to pander to try-hard edgelords in the making.
Sonic has offered NOTHING of value to the gaming industry except for giving SEGA half of the chemotherapy that cancer of a company desperately needs and we'd be better off declaring the franchise dead at this point than painfully revive him every couple of years only to put him down when the games prove themselves to be shit time after time.

If you disagree you can go back to the 90's and end yourself.

You obnoxiously and without any argument shat on Sonic 3 & Knuckles among many other at least decent games while predictably sucking off muh Sonic 2.

Your shit opinion is invalid.

Don't go full retard. Sonic is far from the best, but it's not a bad franchise.

He'd get banned for posting that shit on /monster/ you retard.
>>>/chaos/
is where he needs to go

Cool shit, my main in All Stars Racing transformed.

Is their a tier list for 2D sonic games?

Here's a tier list

God Tier:
Sonic 3 with Knuckles
Sonic 2

Good Tier:
Sonic CD

Okay Tier:
Sonic 1

DIMPS Tier:
Sonic Advance 1, 2, & 3
Sonic Rush & Rush Adventure

Shit Tier:
Sonic 4

advance 2 was kinda shit for that reason, try 1 or better yet 3.

Where does half of generations fit in?

Chris is a selfish shit-head who tried to hurt and exploit people to get what he wanted (Megan, Snyder), and did some shady shit too (scam stores through refunds). He deserved most of the horrible things that happened to him (not the shit weens like Marvin did recently, nor did he deserve horrible people like Anna McLarren).

it's like you hate good games.

what excellent taste

Can we stop this fucking meme already?
Videogames ARE art.
Much like the stupid and shittily deformed drawing of your house and family made by your younger brother is art. Much like singing badly is art. Much like anything that can be considered human expression is art. The bar is set very low. And that's a GOOD thing.
Art just means a product of human expression. Nothing more. When somebody says "this is art", every fucking retard interprets it as "wow this is deep, etc", when they should interpret it as "this expresses something" and nothing more than that. Saying "this is art" is almost meaningless. People should STOP getting triggered when someone says "this is art". It doesn't make the person pretentious, because "art" doesn't mean much.

What you SHOULD be wary of instead is people that call things "high art", which IS the concept you're thinking of.

nobody has given a shit about IGN for like seven years, how does this warrant a thread

I still have no fucking idea what the abbreviation IGN stands for.

Impotent Grandpa Niggers

I ended up really really enjoying Stranger Things, and as such I'm avoiding any and all 'Top ten reasons stranger things is…'

Don't do this. Literally the whole reason Tumblr started calling it goofy goobers and shit is because the word gamergate triggers them.

Except God Hand is one of the greatest games of all time, some of the most fun I've ever had with vidya - the guy that reviewed the game was the only one in the office that disliked it, and IGN even went back on their initial review and included it in their list of 100 games to play before you die or some shit.

And Party Babyz is shovelware.

They gave shovelware a 7.5.

I think they had an open relationship at one point, but AFAIK they're fine now - or as fine as an extraterrestrial relationship can be.

The problem with saying what you're saying is that it places emphasis on intention to the point of making actual creative ability unnecessary.

The reviewer also got btfo by his own colleague and called everyone that disagrees with his review a fucking idiot.
Video game journalism.

What is Quake?

controllers are cancer

Here you go.