Comfy PSP Thread

After 10 years of use I can still bring my PSP to bed and choose from an endless library of classics to play. What are you playing on your PSP my friends?

Other urls found in this thread:

hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/DEVICE_PSVITA.html
henkaku.xyz/
ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8490.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

PRETTY SMALL PENIS XDDDDDD

Tactics Ogre LUCT, it's my favorite PSP game. Everything about it is so good. It's also one of the few cases when I cared about the story in japanese tactics game.

Steambot Chronicles is also a good title, really underrated game.

Wow we are becoming Reddit, even have bots.

just like me

I mostly use mine for a PS1 emulator, which by itself is amazing.

I need more caffeine or something, I've barely made progress in any game in months.

Except you're missing the second stick and 2 shoulder buttons. Great for playing the Monster Rancer card game though. Not so great for Mega Man Legends 2.

The best of the best, of course.

Or you could prepare to go to sleep and put your PSP on sleep mode. Otherwise you're falling asleep with he thing in your hands…

Well lots of PS1 games were designed without analog sticks on mind since the first PS1 controllers didn't have them.

Anyway what are your guys' opinion on PSP vs Vita, would a Vita be a good investment for an emulation machine if you already have a PSP?

Oh definitely, and some later games still don't need the extras, like Blaster Master. Just a bit frustrating is all. I want my portable MML2 and Duke Nukem machine and not pay $600 to get the Pyra.

The PSP is my go to shitting handheld.

I bring it with me every time i gotta take a shit and play GBA stuff while on the shitter.

It has become a tradition by now, drink some coffee to get the bowels moving, grab my psp, get on the shitter and play puzzle games and such while dropping logs.

PSP died.
Got a smartphone because hey, it can probably emulate stuff better than my dinky old PSP can, right?

Wrong.

Smartphones are made to be replaced within two years, PSP is made of stern stuff, specially the first few models, they're bricks made to last.

Sorry about yours user.

vita's been cracked a few days ago, now there are a few emulators on it though abit slow and buggy along with some ports such as quake and wolfenstein

Project Diva
Idolmaster
GB/GBA emulators
I have nothing else on my PSP

What should I download ? I wanted to play Persona but I don't feel like playing a long and story heavy game on a small screen.

How long do your shits normally last?

God Eater, gPSP and occasionally ClaDun. God Eater 2 translation here very soon.

Just get a fucking smartphone and connect a dualshock up. Those kikes don't deserve any money for the fuckery that's the Pandora.

It's got voice acting from John C. McGinley

Oh, shit, I remember this, it was my first PSP game, it's pretty good.

I'm in the same boat as other anons now:
Buy a PSP again, or consider investing in a PSVita.

How is the PSVita as an emulation machine?
It seems like a souped-up PSP would be perfect for the job, but I know it has its own share of issues.

Only a few days ago? I've been hearing about Vita's emulation for a while, are you saying people have just started to emulate games on it as of a few days ago?

if you can find one with old Firmware (3.18 is the best), you can acess the built-in PSP emulator.
hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/DEVICE_PSVITA.html

Native Homebrew for the Vita is a recent thing, with the earliest access to it being last year with rejuvinate. is talking about Henhaku, which allows native Homebrew on the latest firmware (3.60).

The Vita has more powerful hardware, so it could be more suited for emulation. I can't even play Thunder Force IV on PSP PicoDrive because the damn thing freezes every time I kill a boss. I don't have a Vita yet, but I'd certainly want one just for the weeb games. If the Vita could perfectly emulate the PSP (and by extent the PS1 considering the PSP's native support for PS1 games), then I'd be completely sold.

heres a link to the website: henkaku.xyz/

the stick doubles as shoulder buttons for psp while you emulate psx

you won't be able to play Ape Escape but it is not a problem because it has a psp port already

P3P is surprisingly comfy on the PSP, played it almost exclusively in bed. It is going to take a long ass time to beat though. If you're a MonHun fan, there's a few on there I think. I'm not into MH so much, so I don't know. Phantasy Star Portable 2 is fun though.

It's k, Craig fucked off and now it's just ED. I mean, I won't blame you since they collectively dropped the ball off a building, but with the relatively consistent updates I've seen, ED seems to be taking better control on this project.

Still, probably a better investmemt to get a newer/better smartphone if all I want is emulation.

Holy shit are you me? I have downloaded so many games on mine for this fucking reason that i have yet to play.

Don't have one but I've dicked around with PPSSPP a lot, trying to figure out how to finagle the DLC on Mega Man Powered Up.

Do the Monster Hunter games on PSP still hold up? If so which one is the best?

What do you want out of monster hunter?
Do you want to be considered a manly man with hair on his balls by your fellow hunters?
Then you play MHFU.
Do you just want to have fun with a solid MH game on PSP?
Then you play MH3P.
Make sure to grab the translation for MH3P, even tho some come pre-translated.

Or you could start with Freedom 1 which is the thoughest one and still is a ton of fun. All the MH games hold up greatly imo.

What are the comfiest games?

I was debating on either playing that one or War of the Lions. What do you recommend? Or should I just play both?

I'll probably never own one but the PSP is most certainly the most beautifully designed handheld of all time.

my psp has a problem in the screen that, while the first time i turn it on it works normally, if i turn it off and on again, the screen get becomes a garbled mess, almost as if it broke, if i leave it off for 12~24 hours it goes back to working normally until i turn it off again, so i'm playing exclusively on ppsspp now.

Just did the first run against a lunastra, need to wait until her mission is up again to kill her and try to make a luna gun.

anyone knows how to fix this screen problem?

Heating issues?

hero of leaf valley isn't a very good game.

i don't think so, it happens even if i just turn it on and off without even playing.

although i can't rule it outright.

How long have you had it? It could be backlight issues but it seems as if extended usage is a symptom in your issue and then there's a required cooldown period so I can only figure heating problems caused over time.

There's also ways you can play from your PSP using your TV or monitor, see

www.wololo.net/2014/06/27/how-to-play-your-psp-on-your-pc-screen-by-aliko95/

Yes it is. The only way you could say otherwise is if HM games aren't your thing.

Does anybody know what kind of settings (I'm using handbrake) I need to look out when converting video for my PSP?

Manual said it can read mpeg-4 files, and while the handheld can recognize the files I convert in the XMB menu, it cant read them at all.

I'll be buying a used PSP 3004 this Monday. The photos looked like the back is scratched to shit, and the battery is dead, but if the screen is fine, I'll pick it up for the 25 bucks they're asking.

I hope the screen is ok, I can buy another battery for around 10.

Check the catalog fam

What's the latest CFW for the 1000? I dusted my 1000 off and it's still on 5.00 M33-6.

Every memory stick fails ffs why couldn't they give the fucking thing like 4gbs of internal storage that wasn't ass.

Not comfy enough matey!

I hear the 1000 is best for CFW but someone will have to confirm.

Go on Wooloo or whatever it's called to get info.

Need batteries that don't shit out. Recommendations?

Hot Shots Golf, bro. Both of them.

It's one of the best games in the series. Fuck you mean?

Anyone have a second opinion of Outrun 2006? Trying to see how it compares to the Xbox version(which is fantastic).

I'd say 3000 is up there but maybe people don't like how FEATHERY LIGHT it is.

the screen on the 3000 makes it worth it.

I really miss playing Fate Unlimited Codes with my buddy. Really good game, more fighting games need to go mobile.

The Go is just as good these days, and it's got enough internal space for around 10 games. Little small, but I got mine for $80 back when the 2000 was still $150

Reminder Mariage English PC port NEVER EVER because Ghostlight would rather port shit.

I've been using mine for GBA emulation lately even though it's a bit spotty about what will work, maybe need to update. Patchwork Heroes is one of my favorites, Half Minute Hero and the WDIDTDTOL series too.

Think I know what being triggered feels like now.

ML not OL

So, Hennaku means playing downloaded isos soon? PSP emulator still fucked?

Iunno.
On higher firmwares you still don't have access to it. I don't know what you mean by fucked, though.

it's Wololo, cmon user, step it up.

I wonder if anybody has ever made one of these for the priest

and I need to step it up by not spoilering the fucking images that depend on their thumbnails to work

Bump.

I love a music-tetris game called Lumines, oddly enough so did my wiafu. FF crystals was good for a while too.
I got activision, atari, and sega's greatest hits. Ogre, DnD and FF Tactics. Got a bunch of othershit on my computer HD.
Oddly enough I just don't play my psp enough.
PS1 emu sounds like it would be nice.

Do I have to install 6.60 OFW before going to PRO or can I go straight from 5.00 M33-6 to PRO?

3000 best for firmware and quild quality. The screen and analog nub in the 1000s are notorious for failure, especially the screen. It ghosts and gets burn in. An LCD that gets fucking burn in, what the hell?

The Go is best for one thing: Getting that Cimponent Video dock, connecting it to a CRT, and pairing a Dualshock 3 to it for some PS1 classics.

SO anybody get DDR 4th or 5th mixes working in the PS1 emulator?

Me and me family had 3 1000s the only issues were the nub getting lost and the battery chargers going gay

I found my external battery today (something that clamps on the back) fucking nice.

Where can I get a ps1 emulator for psp?

it's built in. look for eboot versions of psx files.

What are good psp games that work well on android phones, bonus if they are playable with touch controls.

Only ones I can think about because it's the last ones I played before resuscitating my psp.

So I finally bought a used psp. The screen is all kinds of fucked: top has some sort of smudge on the underside, theres a crumb stuck underneath and its cracked at the bottom right. The dual card adapter is also cracked, but it works. The Up key squeaks and I've yet to try out thr analogue stick.

But it came with all the cables, including a car charger and is already unlocked.
35 eurobucks. What do you think?

same guy, different ID
Gonna head over to wololo and get some emulators, already have the recommended PSP game list, will look around Share threads to see if some games have already been uploaded or if they have that psp game blog link posted again.

Good thing I've got all night, r-right?

As long as you're playing PS1 classics, might as well get the expanded version.

Just make sure you get the fanpatch that de-fucks the audio sync on spell effects.

Thanks, actually had the tab for that game open, but it's not letting me see the download links. I've already disables adblock, but it's still not giving them to me. Opening the page in another browser with no adblock doesn't help either.

ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8490.0
of course

fug. Had no idea. Back when it first came out, it was just something passed around on the still-relevant GameFAQs forums.

I should warn you that WotL is best enjoyed with somebody else playing through the game too. They added versus and co-op mode, and several of the best items in the game can only be earned by doing these (and well). Most of the items you get that way are new additions to the game, but a few were one-time rare steals from story bosses. I think they moved the Genji Armor to the multiplayer loot pool.

Thanks for the advice, but I probably won't even play through it. I tend to start playing these tactical RPG games, but get bored early on, despite saying "This time it'll be different". Always find something more suitable for my short attention span.

Slowly learning how to put the games and emulators on psp.

Such a bad boring game
Thank god we have FFTA

This seems to be happening every time I enter a new zone, so I guess it's loading from the card.
Is it because I'm using a .cso file instead of an uncompressed .iso?

And what the heck do I do with the bin.cue files? DO I stick them in some converter so the turn into EBOOT files or something? So far I've only been able to launch PSX games in that eboot format and this one Chains of Olympus in .cso format.

Oh man, same happens to me. I downloaded a shitton of RPGs to my PSP and ended up just fucking around in Grand Theft Auto and MonHun everytime.

And it's neverending during cutscenes.

And did you ever fix it?