Zero Escape thread

And VNs in general I suppose

So, I just finished playing through all of VLR's routes and still wrapping my head up around the final few details

I was planning to move onto Zero Time Dilemma, but I've heard it's not as good as 999 and VLR, wonder why

In any case, while I was looking for a 999 rom to play it on emulator I learner that there's going to be a remake of it with voice acting, for PC and Vita at least. Seems weird that there was no mention of 3DS but I don't really think it's something to worry about yet

Nevertheless, any suggestions of other VNs that have a branching story similar to these games? What's your favourite Zero Escape? Should I just go and emulate the DS 999 or wait for the remake? Who is best girl and why is it Clover? And who the fuck what in Kyle's body?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/tNlls
archive.is/hdSgW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't feel there is much to discuss about ZTD. There are a few things I want to know, like, Did Brother lied to Dio about his motives?

If you liked VLR, you can play ZTD for the D-team part which has some nice callbacks to their game. But for the love of god, never solve the force quit boxes. Leave the game unfinished. Trust me on this.

He obviously did. Dio's mission was for redeeming himself for flirting with a girl, the fucker was desperate for Brother's approval. With the events of ZTD, he's pretty much just free my soul up.

when 999 and VLR are coming to PC?

also, are you guys excited for picrelated?
jap pc version is coming august 28, english console versions somewhere in the end of september

archive.is/tNlls

Sorry, I don't know where I picked up that 999 was coming to Vita and PC, they said "other platforms" but they never stated which ones so my mind kind of just drew to that conclusion

In any case, I wouldn't rule out VLR from getting a PC version either considering the might wanna get the audience who first played ZTD at least

All hail

Why is Spike so good at making asshole mascots.

Where are the plushies.

well you're in luck, user

archive.is/hdSgW

I liked ZTD up until lol aliens. Then a lot of the stuff after that was also fun, but really, I can't believe they took the supernatural shit that far.

time for memes

WHERE DID THE FIRST PHI'S BROOCH CAME FROM???

for all we know, he could have lied about the aliens part. There isn't any proof that the transporter machine wasn't made by human beings. It's possible it was made by futuristic humans and then sent to the past by someone else.

It wouldn't be the first time the series teased something supernatural as a red herring (All-Ice).

Looks like shit, buying it anyways/

Where did the first pen come from?

Holy shit I wanna fuck him.

I kinda hope thats it.

>surprise, you were playing the bad guy the whole time
I wish more games did this

It was so poorly done in ZTD though

Thats true, it really was done poorly here, but still it would be nice.

Drakengard and to an extent Nier had a sort of "You are the villain" kind of

999 did it better

But ZTD knew exactly what it was doing. The jumped the shark halfway through the second game, and went completely absurd with this one and I loved it.

And the fact that he's a such a tall lanky man with beedy sunglasses, and the cast is reacting to him being able to walk while we react to him being there in the first place.
I was half expecting it to be the dog, and that still would've been less ridiculous.

So here's something I was disappointed about.

I expected the twist in ZTD to be that (???) from the end of VLR aka you was going to be the one controlling the characters. Especially when Carlos and Diana both remarked that they had chosen things they didn't want to, I thought for sure the twist was going to be 4th wall fuckery.

And when Delta stood up and the camera moved, I was so ready for that to be the reveal, you know the characters gasp as they release they are staring at the back of another screen, back at me.

But instead I got random magical geezer out of nowhere.

Get a load of this Ultimate High School Level Faggot over here

looking at gameplay of ZTD I gotta say I do like the more cinematic approach it was given, for the lack of a better term

It never really bothered me reading so much text with a static background but this way it at least let spike match up text and voices in a better way

You'd think it would but the voices are way off with the lip syncing

i liked it too, but the main problem was that the animations were total garbage.

Like they were so bad you could tell they put an assload of motion blur on the models to make the movement seem more fluid.

Anyway, dangitronpaul has a number of appeals to it, and monokuma is none of them. The pretty good murder mysteries would still happen without him, as would the interactions between characters. Hell, I'm positive he was the out-of-place element from the Trust beta that ended up dragging the game into overwrought anime bullshit. Monokuma was a mistake.

Sean's Lip syncing was good.

Wait, how is Delta the Plague doctor and the old invalid?

He was constantly drugging the other people and making his oompa loompas move them into different rooms.
The only time they saw Zero in person was the first scene.

Thanks user, I was hunting for this webm for 2 days now

He became shit after Brian Beacock began to voice him. Then he died for me.

Shame too, because I actually shot my resume over to NISA in hopes of voicing him
They were already done with the recordings
I was such a good Monokuma impersonator
Poor Nobuyo
I only wanted to do it as a tribute to her

She has dementia

I am such a faggot that I would forgive the Deus ex Machina that the transporter is but everything about Delta is so shitty. He has become nothing a meme and I am sure that people are doing that to cover the pain.

Lagomorph is best Zero

Reading this whole thread is fucking difficult for me because of the goddamn ZTD spoilers, and I only just begun the game.

Fucking great, play it now faggot. Story checks out, characters are lovable CLOVER BEST GIRL*, 2D artwork is breddy gud, and the sound gets the atmosphere going from the first scene. There are those that will claim the iOS or PC versions will be better, they're wrong and here's why. Supposedly iOS and PC will both adopt the tree system which will let you instantly jump back to a decision point in the game. While you may not believe me at first, it takes all the suspense out of those decisions. Both because you can see the goddamn tree beforehand and take an educated guess which is the right one, and because you know that if you fuck up you can just jump back. Also, while the iOS version has high-resolution artwork, they have no animation in them. I know it's just like 5 frames and such, but I for one prefer nicely done pixelart (the good kind, not the indie vomit). Just emulate the DS version, you won't regret it. **Also fuck sudoku puzzles*

Right off the bat there are things are a bit worse, but only because 999 was so fucking good. The puzzle difficulty has been really ramped up for no good reason, and that Hard/Easy switch is fucking dumb, because never does the game explain that doing it on hard will only give you developer notes on mundane shit that's in the story anyway. The graphic design might be offputting at first, but don't worry, they'll grow on you, I promise. The jump to 3D fixes the disorientation of the camera jumps in escapes puzzles, but breaks the clarity of the design in it's predecessor. Sometimes it's just hard to see what you can pick up or interact with. Music is still top notch, and that Unary game remix will make you grin. I also love that when you have a puzzle, you can take out your archives/notes and they'll stick on the top screen. This is the one thing that was missing in 999, and they took it out of ZTD for some inane fucking reason. The story is great, but it has 2 problems - it's just too padded. It starts off meh, becomes boring until you get up to the point where the characters are starting to figure out what's really going on, and then it accelerates to fucking lightspeed at the very end when it reveals who you really are and what the plan was for. It made the deaths of some characters have no impact like I give a shit about you Quark. And as I said in 999, the jump system takes away any levity of decisions. Yeah, I know it's actually part of the story and the design, but you'll never stop to think what to choose like the doors in 999. What will probably happen is you'll click that goddamn Flow button and see which choice has more scenes after it (because the ally/betray choice is always in the same spot). Characters are still really likeable for the most part Clover is still best girl. All in all if 999 was a 9.5/10 this is 8/10.

Holy fucking shit what happened here. This is Zero Escape - A Telltale Game. The CHARACTER DESIGN is fucking awfull, I hate absolutely everything about it. Whoever decided that it should be westernized (because it was) should be shot. The animations are atrocious too, holy fuck is it bad. Also 3fps on a 3DS game, and no 3D avaible either when the bomb goes off in D ward. The fragments system is still confusing kinda confusing to me, it never gets explained either. I'm really not digging it.

On a personal level, I like the fragment system. Anachronism is cool but it could have being implemented in a better way

It's not that I don't like it, I just don't get it kinda. Am I correct that it's just like in VLR except it's supposed to jumpstart some trees, and instead of locks on it'll just kill off the teams if you don't complete some other fragment?

The whole point of the Fragment system is not knowing WHEN things happend, so it is an Anachronic telling of a story. in way, you are remembering parts of the story

mind doing vocaroo, lucky user?

Well, it's not really working because they left the goddamn story tree intact anyway.

You have a point there, that bothered me in VLR, but then again it's something you can ignore by yourself until you finish a route so it won't be so bad I suppose

It would be less damaging if all the paths weren't visible from the get go, so you couldn't cheat and see which answer is the more correct one. But only slightly