ITT: Time Capsule Vidya

Post great games that also serve as a time capsule since it does a good job of capturing the essence of a specific decade. The game doesn't have to be made in that decade such as Hotline Miami capturing the feel of the 80's. I think Doom and Saint's Row 2 capture the feeling of the 90's and 2000's respectively due to the characters, pop culture references and general soundtrack, which is the same basis for my choice of HM representing the 80's. Bonus points if you post a game that captures the essence of the 2010's since the decade isn't over yet and a Trump presidency may obliterate the current SJW/uber-leftist cultural trend of this decade.

Other urls found in this thread:

saintsrowmods.com/files/mods/RadioMod v2.0.7z
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Gone Homo I guess for the 2010's, but I think that label is more because of how the journos said it was the second coming of Christ.

2010's :^)

I said great games. Read the fine print.

What are you Satan? A bigot? Do you hate gays?
Vice City then

What are you talking about? IGN gave it a 9.5, that must mean its the best game of all time :^)

The 80s

That's good enough then for this thread only.

Super Metroid
Wild Guns
Half Life
System Shock 2
No one Lives Forever duology
Gothic 1&2
Max Payne trilogy
FEAR
Prey
STALKER SoC
Crysis
GTA IV
Dead Space trilogy
Hotline Miami duology
Dying Light
Phantom Pain
The Witcher trilogy

go on faggots

freedom planet

Tony Hawk 2, fam.

The greatest 2D fighting game and the greatest 3D fighting game

For what years per game? We're talking about good games that do a good job of capturing the culture of a decade. I can understand where some games like Metroid and GTA 4 come from which are the 80's and 2000's respectively, but I don't understand what decade Prey and Dying Light are supposed to perfectly capture.

Well good fucking luck trying to find anything to represent this decade then Satan

Putt Putt games captured what living in a small rural town felt like in the late 90s/early 2000s.

I see you are a man of reason and culture. And you claim that the game they call Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution holds worth purporting that of a greatest 3D fighting game, genre of which I'm not an expert in? I must begin my investigation of this matter posthaste!

Tony Hawk, I guess.

It wasn't made this decade, but I think what MGS2 was saying has become a lot more relevant over the past few years.

And yeah, like said, Super Metroid somehow captures early-mid 90's for me. Didn't even play it back then, but it got me, must be the music and general sound design.
For 80's I'd have to say Streets of Rage 1 and 2.
For 2000's: F.E.A.R. (1) and Max Payne (1 and 2).
For 2010's: DLC Quest, Spec Ops:The Line (played from the perspective of SJWs).

Why hasn't this been patched to not run like utter shit on PC? I know there are mods which supposedly help with this, but do they actually make it playable.? This shit runs worse than Saints Row IV for fucks sake

I'd love to see an HD release of SR1 and SR2 if it fixed the PC port being non-existent and ass respectively.

gog version ran fine for me.

I remember the Gentlemen of the Row (I think it was called that) mod improved a lot of stuff with performance but the audio was still fucking utter dogshit. Shit gave me a fucking migraine, everything but background noise only played out of the right of my headphones and the quality was crap on top of that. Its a shame, too, cause the soundtrack was pretty good.

There's a mod for the music, gimme a sec to find it.

Found it.
saintsrowmods.com/files/mods/RadioMod v2.0.7z
It sounds much better. It uses the audio from X360 version.

Shit, thanks. I'll remember this for when I reinstall.

Despite technically being set somewhere in the late 90s it's really supposed to be an idealised version of 50s and 60s childhood in a modern setting. Even if you don't agree with that it does a pretty good job of letting you relive being a kid and not being a social failure.