We Happy Few

Anyone get a chance to play this yet? It looks like it has a pretty interesting style to it but Im not really sure if I'd just be wasting my money.

Well after all there are game reviewers.
The answer is it is not worth your money.

it's just the normal Le survival game

nope

I saw the trailer a while ago but never really looked anything up until now. I really like the British Dystopia environment but beyond that it looks pretty generic in its mechanics which is pretty disappointing.

The "combat" is absolutely terrible. It is so boring, frustrating and unsatisfying to have to hit enemies so many times to kill them only to have your weapon break. This one problem completely destroys the core gameplay and I guarantee you the devs will not fix it.

Torrent sites exist, and the game is buggy as fuck

Interesting setting. That's it.
Jim Sterling is voicing a character and even he panned it for having RNG that makes progression impossible if you're unlucky, forcing you to restart. You also have a sleep, food and water system that dwindle down faster than OP's cum lube supplies.

DONT BELIEVE THE TRAILERS THIS IS AN EARLY ACCESS PROCEDURALLY GENERATED SURVIVAL CRAFTING SANDBOX WITH NO STORY. THE MARKETERS HAVE BEEN PUSHING IT ON Holla Forums ALL MONTH TO COINCIDE WITH THEIR YOUTUBE 'INFLUENCER' CAMPAIGN. OP IS A SHILL, DONT BELIEVE HIS LIES.

I literally can't tell if that counts as integrity or not?

Is it integrity for panning a game he's in? Or is it lack thereof for being in a shitty game in the first place without checking?

Fucking this.
Stop bumping this shit thread.

fuck off shill

Dropped

Jim is big enough to shit on any indie dev. He has so many bridges that burning one or even ten means nothing, even if he's technically part of the development.
It is definitely integrity though. He has nothing to hide when it comes to who pays him and what sort of relationship he has with devs for games he's talking about, I can't fault him on that, There's a lot of reasons to dislike the literal cuck though, like his hypocritical pro censorship views, bitchy voice, and being somewhat of a regressive.

The way they advertise the game as some sort of Bioshock-esque shooter is borderline false advertising.

There's been gameplay vids for like a year before E3, autismo

Only the randomly generated shit is out for now, and in a buggy state. They're coming out with a story once it never ever leaves alpha.

Yeah he's a faggot and in an open relationship with Shrek, but, you still have to acknowledge integrity when you see it.

I can already tell you what you and everyone else playing it will think:

If anyone falls for this it's their own fault.

isnt kat dead?

Is this your first day on the internet?

The honeypot bay still exists, also private trackers and a bunch of other smaller sites you can search through torrentz.eu

What's funny is, didn't he originally leave Escapist because he resisted their updated disclosure policies? Then again he's making ridiculous sums off Patreon by being "le funny-voiced Brit" that does nothing but reaffirm normalfag opinions on current the game industry climate, so maybe he's just sensible enough to not be needlessly corrupt on top of being an ideological sell-out.

Wasted potential. Contrast was decent, but it looks like they took the full plunge into trying to hit those big sales with the youtube crowd.

I don't get why people are suddenly talking about it, it was already in "closed" early access pre-alpha over a year ago, and it was already shit at the basics. No amount of work is going to turn an alpha that shows the gameplay is shit into a fun beta.

Fucking retard.

Now that people can actually PLAY the thing, it may turn into not-completely-shit

Wow Jim you are so based, that's what I call integrity! This is for everybody that thought you could be bought or (gasp) were corrupt. Goobers on suicide watch!

Calm down, being actually objective for once and not acting like rabid hivemind slave retards doesn't mean we're gonna start sucking his cock now.
Fucking christ, you're on a hair trigger.

This looks like your typical "pirate, play and forget".

Being early access makes it even less interesting to pirate, though

I don't see how. Community input usually makes things worse, not better. The average idiot doesn't know what makes games good, as you can clearly see by sales numbers of shit like Fallout 4 and Skyrim.

It has an interesting setting and the gameplay, while not particularly original (standard crafting, regular items you'd expect), still makes a decent job at the type of game it tries to be. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone that doesn't like these kind of games, though. It's just not fun for most people.

I personally pirated and liked it. The hunger\thirst aren't that hard to sate once you understand how the game works, most people angry about that obcess over those details and immidiatly rush for food when down to 90%, instead of postponning it for 40 or 30% instead.
The need for sleep is an afterthough, you'll often visit your house since it has crafting benchs and you'll take the oportunity to sleep, which heals you and refreshes the world for more loot upside.

Combat is a bit punishing, draining resources from you but not very much, sadly. Stealth is still a very good idea since you can easily be surrounded by 10+ people if you stop. The game only seriously pickup once you make it to the third island, where there are actual cops, keeping away from suspicion is harder and everything is laced with drugs.

The story is neat, some of the NPCs are interesting but it's not a narrative worth playing just for itself. If you enjoy the game, you'll play it for the chalenge, the story will just be a bonus.

All in all, if you like survival games, the pressure of moving forward to keep stocked in supplies and well fed and exploration not simply being a matter of "how long it takes" but also "do I have all I need to go explore?", you'll most likely enjoy the game.
If you want to play it just for the story or to freely explore the world, you'll hate it.

I bet you type "facebook" on google too.

I'd have taken a Bioshock rip off- even Bioshock Infinite rip off over "just another survival game."

They had an interesting world, and maybe they hint at how it got their through what you find, but I don't want to slink through another janky survival game that does nothing new.

Well, this one does actually do something new.
The entire concept of keeping appearances and not attract attention to yourself is a rare sight in survival games. It was kinda neat to find that the suits you wear all have a proper place to be used or you'll stick out and make people suspicious of you. Or that sprinting with the drug adicts ain't a good idea. They see you sprinting and wonder if something's wrong, keep it up and they call the cops.

There's also the drug that I still have to fully test.
It's part of the previous system and helps a lot to keep appearances, you can even sprint around while under it's effect. It even lowers the amount of hunger\thirst you consume and if you take enough, you'll even stop that rate.
But withdrawl makes you starve and go thirsty faster while atracting massive attention to you.

I think there's a mechanism to prevent you from just staying drugged 100% of time, I know that if you take too many at once, you'll black out and wake up in a safe house. But there seems to be something else if you spend too much time drugged without blanking out as well.

It's also a stealth game that doesn't just force you to hide in shadow or beneath crates, instead opting for a more "social stealth" and that's genuinely a very rare concept.

Stop being a nigger. Recognizing virtuous acts, no matter how likely it is he could be doing it for publicity, doesn't mean that we have to ignore what a massive faggot he is

So when you have to "keep up appearances", are you forced to do unplesent things like in the intro?

Like suppressing a negative reaction to watching a kid eat rotten food he thinks is ice cream, or helping someone move someone around in a wheelchair- who's actually just a corpse.

No, not as far as I've seen. It's mostly don't sprint around, don't wear weird clothing, don't creep around and don't go near things you shouldn't go near.
This alone keeps you well for a good while but I think it's not enough, they'll still slowly suspect you. However, you can take Joy and nobody will care about you sprinting around, and being under the effect of Joy is mandatory to go through some detectors.

You can also just talk with people and temporarily remove your suspicion by a small amount. When a guard gets suspcious at night, it pays off to run at him and say hi, he'll be less concerned for a bit. Or you can give him Alcohol, he'll take a swig and just fuck around without even caring about anything.

I know it sounds very basic (and it is), but it works fairly well in the game. Most of the things you have to do entail going where you shouldn't go, if you don't sprint, you'll take longer to explore so you trade speed for suspicion or vice versa.
My favorite part is how, until I find a safehouse, every night entails breaking into someone else's house for a bed, water and maybe some food.

Eat some joy, respect people's property. That's literally it. The intro is really misleading