Xenoblade X thread

What's your survey rate?
Beat the Telethia or Pharsis, the Everqueen?
How many hours have you racked up
Post your Doll/Skell

I should really finish this game. I enjoyed what I've played of it so far, work has just kept me busy.

He'd posting the Japanese cover art, you mongoloids.

82% before my save file got killed
neither
300-whateverthefuck
ares 90

Enjoy missing out on it.
There will never be a fan translation.

user, how did you lose your save?

I started this again today after not playing it since December last year and holy fuck I have NFI what's going on. I took on the next story mission and I'm getting my shit kicked in hard. It's Chapter 9 where you fight the cat people and I'm fucking toast. I don't know what anything does anymore or how any of the systems work. I seriously considered starting over from scratch again.

Seriously though, it is a good game, and it's a fucking marvel that it runs on the Wii U of all things. Here's hoping Monolith Soft has something good cooking for the NX and isn't just helping on Zelda.

I brought it for my brother but I haven't played it much because I said I would wait until he finishes it before I play, but I keep playing in his game and not saving, I hope the game doesn't have autosave.

Here's hoping the NX has some decent power.

I had this weird dream that the next Monolith Soft game was an RPG where you play as a team of Sentai who have to defend a man made moon sized earth in orbit around a gas giant.

Decade being exactly which period?

idiot

enjoy supporting censorship, cancerous localisations and being a SJW you cuck

2011-2016, this decade.

Wow did that come straight out of your ass because that sure was a shit post.

If I was at home I could go on a giant rant of why this gamehas major problems. Everyone talks like they are posting on facebook or twitter outside of cut screens because if thats all the reading your idiot staff consumes, thats all they can do. Holy fuck who uses CAPITAL LETTERS TOSHOW SOMEONE IS IN PAIN AND SCREAMING, because your incapable of writing meaningful dialog because you are a fucking twit. They throw party member after party member at you, whom you have little reason to give a shit about. I talked to some random npc, he was a guy I fucking forgot I recruited.
Oh and they fucking level seperate from you so have fun griding their levels up you fucking chump. If you have the patience to grab them. Because you have to walk around and collect the like the trash they are from around the city. No you cant do it from the menu, no you cant do it froman ingame console. Now walk around the the nigger you areUH, UH YEEAH.

I grabed this shit used thinking whatever, we have all played censored shit before. No. Its bad, and it makes me not want to play. Even the story fucking gay no fixing that shit, even in jap.

Fucking robots, the way they hover during battle and line up on the enemies center point, meaning you tilt up the closer you get so you end up like some retard flat on your back when you get real close. And that padded out the ass fetch quest to get it.

Oh look a rant happened. user will parrot muhh-muh censorship bevause they cant form their own opinons but yhis game has more problems than just a shitty localization, ok the localization is a problem, gut the game play dhould be able to pick up the slack.What the fuck happened, wasn't this supposed to be this fags mastepiece?

xenoblade 1 is still GOAT

I really felt like it could use another 2 months of development.

It really felt like it could have used a decent fucking story with an actual ending, unlike the bullshit we got.

Yeah it was great. Doesnt that make it suck MORE?

Hey, can someone ITT spoiled Xenoblade X for me? The Japanese version to be exact. I don't have the autistic time and energy to learn moon and we will might NEVER EVER get a fan translation of XCX.

the story is exact same

m8 if anyone actually fucking knew what happened it would have been spoiled for you by now

80%~ Haven't played in a long time, I forget
Nope.
Dunno and can't be bothered starting up my Wii U to check.
Mastema 50
Trying to earn all those mats for Whitereaper though.
Pics related are from a while back when I still had my Mastema 30.

lol

I burned out about 50% of the way through maybe (last thing that happened was that telethia thing comes and saves the party for no reason and then fucks off for also no reason).
I was trying to 100% clear all board quests before progressing, and more and more just kept appearing and I burned out.

The story is the same in both versions, but the English version unnecessarily changed a couple of the names and also made several lines of dialog into cringey internet meme speak.
This is why the English version has no merit and the company that released the game should go bankrupt for having the gall to have their game localized.

#NotMyXenoblade

Here's your (you)

I bought it because I really wanted a rpg on my wiiu and I liked it ok. The story was a mess and I got bored trying to do all the board quest/npc missions but the exploration and mech customization was fun as fuck.

This game was basically overhyped to hell and back by halfchan Holla Forums because they're utter and complete nintendrones and the WiiU had basically no killer apps.

So a mediocre, niche title was pushed as the savior of gaming, and when it actually came out it was unsurprisingly just meh and nobody talked about it one month afterwards.

I expect this from halfchan, but to have people hype this mediocre shit here too is pretty disappointing.
What the fuck is the point of having the subhuman pcucks roaming around here if they don't do their fucking job keeping nintentards in their place?
Get to work, you useless faggots.

when the fuck did you cross over here, faggot?

Don't respond to such obvious b8 m8

Before the exodus.
This game was starting to get shilled BEFORE that happened, and halfchan Holla Forums was (and probably still is) in full WiiU shilling mode at the time, thus also shilling literally any game coming out for it.

I pirated it an applied a Japanese voice/removed content patch, so I got the DLC without paying for it, all the Japanese stuff, and got to compare the shitty NoA/8-4 writing to what very little Japanese I know. I'm going to break up my thoughts in a fucking retarded way and ramble/review a bit.

The base gameplay was better than Xenoblade, but almost everything else kinda wasn't. Let me just say that they managed to make an open world game without any loading screens and 60 FPS with almost no drops on the Wii U. Unfortunately they sacrificed everything else to do it. It looks a little better than Xenoblade, but that was on the fucking Wii, not much of an accomplishment there. They wanted to get used to HD development, so there's barely any story and it goes nowhere but an implied sequel. The sidequests are more relevant than the main plot honestly. I am interested in what they'll be doing with this engine, as what little plot there was gave me Xenosaga Perfect Works vibes a little.

I didn't do any of the online shit because it's not working on pirated versions, but the Ares 90 is the only thing actually locked behind any online features. Otherwise prepare to grind for anything else post game.

There are some broken combos of abilities in the game, notably Ether Blossom Dance. Enemies can be pretty hard but just not getting hit usually fixes that, as usual. Giant robots are pretty fun but you're almost better on foot sometimes.

There's one translation change that no one mentions when it's more relevant than anything else in the localization, and due to similar pronunciation I didn't even notice it. So at this point everyone knows you're a robot, it's a fucking game mechanic they showed off pre-release with Overdrive. Specifically in the English version, these robot bodies are called mimiosomes, mims for short. I thought in the Japanese version it was the same because they said something that sounded like me-me, but it's actually BB, short for Blue Bloods, as in your robot blood is blue. There's also a little bit of another reference later in the plot, but I don't know if it's absolutely intentional.

If you have a Wii U, a big SD card, and liked Xenoblade or Xenosaga, I'd say it is worth a pirate. Look up that restoration patch though, I'd say it is worth using too.

People say this but its not true in the slightest. Every character in X feels the same. In pales in comparison to the uniqueness of each characters play-style in the original. It does quite a lot of things better but combat is not it.

I hope you get severely injured and end up on life support, forced to watch shitposting about how much of a failure at life you are

this is you.

1 was the best.

The fetch quest for the mech was stupid as fuck. Party members mean jack shit because you have to kick them out and have the same two irritating memeing bitches with you the whole game anyway if you want the story to go forward. Oh, and no party swap just with the gamepad is a tard's decision. i don't want to have to go and find the faggots EVERY time i want to dick off.

And the soundtrack fucking sucks. Whoever thought it was smart to make lyrics in EVERY song after the incredible soundtrack in the previous game that told emotion and story via the notes and pacing is a moron.

No, half the game I'm in the city doing menial bullshit and i'm hearing a nigger beatboxing in my ear. i fucking get that it's LA, but come the fuck on.

Unlucky user.

Agree soundtrack was great.

Japanese and Censored version
user. You could've just gotten the japanese version.

Xenoblade 1 was better in some aspects. And better overall.

Agreed. Does have some ague linking lore with Gears/Saga but an ending would be nice. Also an explanation of the Ghost

Don't worry, user. I got you covered. Will explain next post.

Damn, you never reached a level 60.

There is a reason.
I know what you mean. Like Xenoblade 1 don't do too many sidequests.

Poor taste.

The Ghost and The Growth (Ganglion) are in a space war. They meet up near earth and fight. Humans piss off before earth is destroyed.
Travel space for a while and find Mira.
Growth are there and cannot leave for some reason. They want to kill humans.
Humans live, explore world and meet other races and look for the Life Core to get your info back.
Find lore in this world about many things, mostly to do with sidestories.
Find evidence of this race called Samaarians.
Find out Samaarians Created Zaruboggans (a friendly race) to deal with toxic materials on their planet (they live on it)
Cool
Find out by losing your arm that you're all robots. The ship travelled space for longer than you thought and bodies were put in stasis so they don't die.
Mimeosome bodies will lose the link to your real body over time
Gotta find that Life Core
Eventually through story you find evidence of Samaarians on The Growths ships
Still don't address it just trying to get your real bodies back
Find the Life Core and the Growth is trying to destroy it.
Fight growth inside there. they reveal they were created by Samaarians too. They are the Samaarians weapons that defended the Samaarians from the Ghost
The only thing to annihilate all their race is Samaarian DNA. Works as a failsafe
Turns out Humans are descendants of Samaarians
Growth wanted to attack earth to prevent you from killing them. Ghost wanted human DNA to kill Samaarian weapons
Eventually beat the big bad.
Go to get your bodies back
They aren't there.
Your minds were stored as memory in all the computer files in the Life Core. And they're Human DNA/Stem cells all around to grow your bodies back.
Big bad gets back up tries to kill them but turns into a vicious Chimera and makes more
big fight ensues,beat him again
Go to find your memories at least. But Elma says there is one body there
It's hers. She was and alien the whole time.
Gave earth warning about Ghost and Growth and technology for Skells/ships
Go to get memories, Life Core is flooded. Memories destroyed
The planet that won't let you leave is keeping everyone alive

Even if it was only 1 costume and nothing else you'd still be a faggot.

Where?
Where?
Where?
When at any point besides the intro is ghost mentioned?

Very few things make me as disappointed as the fact that Nintendo of America "localizing" a few costumes and the breast slider caused people to not want to play the game at all.

Not upset at those people, but rather upset at Nintendo of America.

I am truly upset that their meddling caused the original creators work to become so tainted by the ordeal.

Nah bud. You'd be a faggot if you didn't address a letter to NoA about not hiring 8-4 or removing game features.
I did just that.

It's all word of mouth i believe until the Zaruboggan sidequests where you find a holodisk of them.
And they look just like humans
You find Zaruboggans throughout the story.
You find a few artifacts to do with the Vita
When Luxaar explains it.

Other stuff found out in the sidequests:
It's after the events of Xenoblade 1
Machina created the Oc-Servs and Xe-Doms
Divine Roost is the Bionis heart
Homs are most likely still alive and the cloaked person who approaches Lao would be one.

According to Project X Zone 2 same location as Xenosaga as well. Xenosaga occurs after Xenoblade 1 and most likely Xenoblade X

But i did do that, i also sent a tube to NOJ and spent countless hours shitposting on twitter raising awareness and got a few friends to buy used instead.

You're sounding like that kid who said you could catch Pikablu and Yoshi in Pokemon.

You have to go back.

I beat the game but got sick of looking for probes and stopped several hours afterwards.

The OST was mixed for me. The vocal tracks fucking killed me.

Everyone is a robot except Elma, she is a Xenos. They're all controlled by their real bodies in the Life Hold except it's been destroyed since before you awakened so in addition to everyone being walking cadavers your player character never existed in the first place. Humanity is extinct except maybe Lao who betrays your party gets turned into a chimera and dies and then revived alone at a beach somewhere.

There's nothing suggesting this but I like to think the telethia flying around is Melia.

can't happen. Telethia are only from purebred, she's mixed with Homs as part of the whole way of preventing Zanza from weaponizing their race.

Was Xenoblade X's story written by M. Night Shyamalan?

I'm still kinda mad that Xenoblade X take place after the first Xenoblade.

Nope.
They're controlled by their consciousness stored in a database.
Their bodies were preserved as liquid DNA in a big pool.

You also forgot to mention that the planet automatically translates speech you hear into your native tongue, allowing humans and xenos to communicate without having to learn the language.

Did they ever explain what the fuck Bionis and Mechonis where?

Why are you mad about that, user?

Yeah. I did forget. Also forgot to mention how L'curife Lucifer anagram is the only one not auto translated either.
Or Doctor B and his timetravelling. Yet he still cannot escape the planet.

They were Titans. That's about it.

If that shit is something never get into the fucking FAN theories on this game.

Fan theories on this game are fucking crazy.

I played through it I'm on Chapter 6 Besides Le wacky localization

It just feels like I'm playing a semi serious Gundumn Anime with the rap sound track from Soul Eater and Anarchy Reigns

The only 2 good tracks are Uncontrollable when fighting Titans and the Over Drive theme

Also the ending caught me off by surprise That One of the fucking characters I liked Betrays me but actually has a decent back story so at the end Im like "But I liked this dude" Funny enough he also voiced Chrom from Fire Emblem so there's that too.

Yeah I liked Lao too.
I thought that betrayal was done well.

Melancholia, Z29 battle, So nah so fern, and Don't worry are pretty good tracks as well.

The only tracks i had a problem with were NLA's themes. The rest were all pretty good.

I fucking hate it.
Every single time you leave the ground after getting the flight module the music changes.
I wish that you either had to hold the button or double-tap to fly instead of just replacing jump just so I don't have to listen to the first few notes of that song over and over. and have it interrupt the area music.

Agreed there. I like the song itself but jumping isn't possible without starting the song.
Spent so much time just driving everywhere instead.

Japanese version translation when?!
Wii U EMULATION WHEN?!!

Now. CEMU
Never.

Learn moon, import a Wii U and game.

Learning moon is one thing, I actually played through a bunch of jap games, none was text-heavy RPG though.
But playing on shit hardware with locked down resolutions and framerates is unacceptable.
I can't go back.

If it wasn't for the fact you can get free vidya on the wii u there would be no point to having one at the moment.

I wanted to love this game. I really did. I just can't.
The amazing sound track is wasted with shitty nigger music when in NLA (Also fucking NEW LOS ANGELES WHY WHO WANTS A BEAN VILLAGE IN SPACE?) and when in cutscenes where characters are taking fucking VOCALS chime in louder than the VAs and there's no music audio option.

I also went in expecting a great story with lovable characters but I knew that was a pipedream as soon as I saw that the PC was a create-a-character. Sure enough, not one of the characters is likable save for maybe sometimes one.

The fucking story? What fucking story? You're in space because Erf got blowed up and you crashed on a mystical planet. Now what? Explore? What is this, Nu Males Sky? The world is very pretty and easily the best part of the game, but this is fucking Xenoblade. Now here I am 50 hours into the game and oh suddenly now I learn that everybody is really robots but then what? No real sense of urgency. No real impending doom. No, go buy that one lesbian's coffee for her so you can get to the actually main story you nobody.

I was already aware that brown tough lady was going to be a dry character, but not EVERY character. Christ where is my Dunban? Where is my Reyn? Fuck this.

You don't like Elma, Lao or Frye?

Wasn't there already one in the works/released?

This would be the first I've heard of one.
Got a link or anything?

The OST is mixed as fuck. The NLA monkey grunts were fucking ear-bleeding, but the orchestral shit when running around Primordia was damned beautiful. That's probably the closest the game got to the quality of Gaar Plain or whatever that track was from XC1.

I'm getting back in to it now but it's pretty hard to remember how all the systems work together. And I'm broke as fuck after buying a bunch of skells for my team to finish the Chapter 9 fight. Now I'm working on building one of those Ether Blossom character builds because why not?

Fuck nigger that'll take you a little while considering you need to cap out a few classes, but good luck.
Blossom dance build is fun as fuck for on-foot soloing overed monsters.

Yeah I'm sick of having other party members with me when I run around solo, but thankfully I'd already maxed both Samurai Gunner and Psychocorruptor just playing normally, so I've really only gotta work on Full Metal Jaguar and I think one other. I just can't get any support missions to show up for some reason so I'm grinding for BP the old fashioned way and it's taking foooreeeveeer.

I thought they were always there post-final boss

Gameplay and world were better than Xenoblade 1 but the rest was varying degrees of inferior.
The music had a few standout tracks like embed related but whoever was in charge of making the hub city themes two of the worst in the game was fucking retarded.
The characters go from slightly likeable to bland as all hell, the fact that you're shackled with two of the blandest most of the game does not help.
It felt like it only had half the story and would have felt like that even without the stupid sequel bait.
Dolls were cool as shit.

You can pirate it and restore the censored content. You can even change the breast sizes.

Yeah that's why they're not showing up for me. I'm a doofus.

Still, running around and killing shit for levels ain't so bad. And finding treasure for random probes is also fun. The game has so much to do there's always something to fiddle with. This Chapter 10 boss fight against some kind of flying saucer is bullshit though. IDK WTF is going on.

Embed related is my favourite track. Early on it's intimidating and sounds like the thundering steps of those giant fucking aliens, and then later on picks up in to an awesome future "fuck yeah adventure" theme.

I'm aware, I've been using it myself. Well the restoration patch at least. I've been a bit lazy about getting setting up the titty slider/character modifier program.