EA kills battlefront 3 revival project

frontwirestudios.com/the-future-of-galaxy-in-turmoil/

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/488430/discussions/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fucking EA

I don't know who's more retarded, the developers or the people who thought this would actually get past EA. Hopefully they just made it with the intentions of getting a fat portfolio.

Dumbasses

If the DEVs were not dumb. They would of reskinned everything into a new I.P that plays like classic battlefront.

That's what they're doing, but meh

Reminder that if you don't care about the game without it's IP, then the game is shit to begin with.
Refer to that horsefucker fighter that nobody cares about once they actually removed copyrighted horses from it.

?
The whole point of battlefront is that you get to fight in the SW universe, that doesn't make it shit.

I think he means that it should be a good game regardless of the setting.

That's all very well, but I am calling out the dumbasses that try and use a popular IP without releasing the game as they announce it and wonder why their projects always get killed.

Yes, I think those niggers actually wanted to sell their shit for money.
So much for rescuing game from development hell heroism.

"If we can't make a good star wars game, no one can!"

The best bit about this is all the fanboys and mouthbreathers saying "yeah this is fine, you shouldn't be able to use another persons work!" With no knowledge of the history of copyright and public domain and how much we as a society have lost to corrupt politicians and greedy corperations.

EA even admits that their own games are shit and that having Galaxy in Turmoil under EA is going to absolutely destroy the garbage they have been making in sales.

EA are well aware of them pumping out shitty games. They've turned DICE into a factory modeled after how Activision develops CoD. Why not, the plebs eat that shit up, just look how everyone shat themselves when BF1 was shown.

Oh fuck, thanks for reminding. Now we're not getting decent WW1 game ever.

If Holla Forums was an actual real life communal hall, i'd have no issue firing wildly into it.

You're kidding me

Man i'm just cut up that a fan project with actual passion behind it was shut down.

I want EA and it's child companies to be punished for killing a genuine project to protect their bottomline and continue to produce trash with hidden social agendas.

That's all EA is now, A propaganda machine that makes money off nostalgia.

Every year the propaganda becomes more aggressive.

But i stand by my statement that any Holla Forumsirgin that buys {Battlecuck 1 Rise of the historical revisionism} deserves to be shot

I feel you, but I'm afraid I will be filtering your ID.

That's ok. I'll simply rotate my IP see you around newfriend :)

Was anyone here surprised by this? Or am I just cynical?

We saw it coming and at the same time we lamented how authors of these fan projects have to whore out their unfinished work for attention, instead of waiting until they have a finished product to just kick out the door before anyone can issue a cease-and-desist. So many fan projects have been killed in this way.

Ah, so this thread is like pic related?
I just don't see the need for an entire thread about this when anyone would see this coming from a mile away.

I just want big futuristic battlefields with laser guns. planetside failed to do that because the largest faction uses regular fireguns for some reason

If they have 64 players, air to ground, nice new desigsn for imperial troopers, and better robots (because to be honest, battle droids were not that good) it will be just as good

I careā€¦

Anyone who did not see this coming from EA deserves the disappointment.

Get out now.

oh hey it's this thread again

Literally one of the most jewish franchises of all time and you thought for a second this would not happen?

Either they are idiots or they knew they couldn't complete the game they envisioned so they wanted to fall gracefully by getting a c&d to get a little fame out of it. So many fan games failed because they can't keep their mouths shut until completion and releasing it upon completion before a c&d stops it from spreading for free when it's available within that short window of time. Just as bad as amateur developers who keep working on the same game that looks like it will never be completed because they can't set goals or milestones to achieve toward making it a complete game, then turn to early access to squeeze what little money from backers to fund their drive to make the smallest improvements at an even slower rate.

What ever happened with this anyways? Why is every fucking game some shitty 5v5 matchmaking gay shit? When they actually managed to make a game with 64 people everyone was waiting for 128, and 256, and 512 player games but it never fucking happened. Why? Everything is jsut fucking 2v2 matchmaking gay shit

Because they forgot how into netcode

Wasn't it confirmed fake though? Holla Forums once talked about reverse engineering it for two threads and then the discussion vanished.

It wasn't reverse engineering. These were a bunch of the old devs working on it.

Nothing wrong with enjoying a game for it's use of an IP. If you stop giving a shit otherwise it just means the gameplay wasn't exceptional, not that it was necessarily shit. Don't be so damn pretentious.

Well theres verdun.

He said decent user.

Fuck that, I haven't bought a Battlefield game in over 5 years

Honestly that's the only shocking part about this. I would've thought that the CnD would've come from the house of mouse.

I'm pretty sure Disney thinks Video games are shit and that they can't make that much money from them because, to be fair, they never did before. So I doubt they'd care.

what's the big loss here? I mean, I fucking love Star Wars as a universe, but realistically as long as we're shooting lasers at each other, flying spaceships and doing other Battlefront shit what does it matter?

This tbh
Some user will make a Star Wars mod eventually
We might even get Old Republic battles and heroes
Please?

Legally these devs are within their right to make a fan game but the kikes at EA will still try bringing them to court.

Isn't that basically the reason the original Battlefront 3 was shut down in the first place? Some guys at LucasArts didn't want it to draw attention away from their other Star Wars games like Force Unleashed?

FUCK YOU fuck off with that FUCKING REDDIT BITCH
FUCK OFF normalfag BITCH FUCK YOU

I'll agree to some extent, but the quality of art/audio assets is also a factor and those two are 99% of the reason of why Star Wars is good (only referring to the movies, not EU).

smh this guy is p. upset fam lol

if they would have waited to release any info about it till EA stopped caring about starwars then it would have been fine

renegade X got the o.k from EA because of that so they should have followed that example

Fuck you fucking reddit freechh LELELELELE nigger fuck you
STILL SHITPOSTING FUCK OFF BACK TO /X/

smdh tbh fam, you pretty angry

WOW Holla Forums HAS FUCKING FALLEN
OH YEAH and sage this shit thread

You niggers do realize that they said in the article that they will be continuing development on the project and that it will just not use the Star Wars assets?

If US copyright law had stayed the same since the time it was first established, Star Wars would have been in the public domain in 2005. It's just that congress continuously gets lobbied every once and awhile to extend the duration of copyright at the benefit of noone but big corporations that want to hold onto their IPs. Copyright law not only extends the entire lifespan of the creator, but also a very long time afterwards. And you can be sure that as soon as one of Disney's IPs gets close to becoming public domain it'll just get extended again.

retarded egofags.

Of course. EA is had enough, but now that it is partnered with the jew incarnate Disney, it will be relentless in shutting down anything that tries to take away from their games.

The only solution is to make games that aren't star wars, but is essentially battlefront 3. It may he hard to change the assets and get around it, but it would be the only way to avoid Disney and its mission to destroy anyone who takes their money.

Why didn't they just do this?

Because EA has an army of super-lawyers.
They'd rape you anyways on a technicality

steamcommunity.com/app/488430/discussions/

They are doing it. Read the article.

At least he was modded into Battlefront 2, right?

or they'd just drown you out with court fees