AION

I actually fucking installed it, holy shit!
Do any of you fuckheads play it? How is it? Dead? Alive and kicking? How much p2w it is?
What race do I choose? What class is the most soloautism-friendly? Do we have a guild?

The fuck is it?

Pretty sure the game is dead

that company releases mmos and lets them die like a year later

i liked it pretty well when i first played it at least

some MMO with too many classes

i ahve never played it so i cannot say about the FUN factor

but its an mmo so chances are it is shit

Its an MMO that was dead on arrival 8 years ago.
It at least had that you could make some atrocious characters going for it. Though I think they removed that.

A korean mmo that was big thing about 6 or 8 years ago. I didn't play it because I was young and it was subscription-based.
I remember for having absolutely amazing graphics and the ability to fly freely.
This is how it looks. Not as amazing as I remember it to be honest. Still I think it has the most in-depth character creator.

Last time I checked there were more Edgy race than regular humans, as always. The gamewas always been shit and poorly unbalanced. I'd say go and play TERA or something,

I definitely remember this game.

A lot of people hyped it as a WoW killer due to the ridiculous graphics at the time.

Same with Black Desert Online now, I suppose. Literally the most amazing graphics in existence right now even makes CRISIS look like shit but shit gook gameplay.

Gameplaywise its got ok PvE and pretty good open world PvP and Siege PvP.

It's still more popular than WoW in South Korea.

Pic Related

Koreans care more about gameplay then fanboy wankery, WoW has no powers in Korea because they've had MMO's before WoW. WoW runs purely off nostalgia because it was whiteys first MMO. A shit one at that.

You may want to check that, what with Maple Story and Lineage 1/2 being in the top 10

It was released when Wrath had just come out. Aion got its popularity by offering better combat, graphics, exp loss on death and a return to class roles and dungeon difficulty when blizzard was busy removing those very things from WoW. Aion actually was pretty good, the grind however filtered out most players.

I guess I'll be spending the whole day in character creation.
Even if the gameplay is shit, I'll still have my fun.

Maplestory and Lineage 1/2 has better gameplay than WoW

I only played lineage 2 and back then I certainly like it more than WOW. Mostly due to much better animations, and overall darker aesthetics.
I was one of those edgy kids trying to mimic squall from FF8

is it free?

so, if char creation is good, does it mean i cna make a not-Ranma or a not-Pink?

It's one of those 100% korean pay-to-not-get-fucked-in-the-ass types of games, like tera or archeage, where you can't get full loot or exp from monsters and bosses unless you cough up some dosh for lockbox keys and exp boosters. Or autistically work your ass off to get about SOME of those limitations.
It also has premium options, not sure how much power those give you though.

Yes you can. As far as basic morphing goes Aion is leagues above the likes of PSO2 and BDO combined.

Surprisingly true. BDO isn't really that impressive once you get into it.

And he's been dead for 3years now, fuck you op for reminding me. the game was shit 7-8?~ years ago so i cant see it being any good now either

Making a convincing trap that doesn't look like gremlin is quite the challenge. You gotta do it honest way, without relying on make up, because men don't get to use it.

Dead as in irl dead? You can be my loli healslut if you want.

The important thing is to have fun. Did you have fun?

I'd be surprised if anyone still plays. I quit because they ran out of quests in the 40's region and you had to manually grind the difference. It was doubly bad as a tank because I had no chance of aggroing multiple mobs to make up for the lack of DPS with all of the players and rubber banding.

I have no idea why I was so psyched for it in hindsight.

How does this look?

Maybe you played it for stats and gear and all that? I tend to enjoy MMOs in general despite Holla Forums violently hating for every single one of them. But I rarely hit max level or enter so-called "end-game" content. I play them for their worlds, for story, if there is one, that sort of thing. I go to the adventure, not a second work.

I played L2 for years. PVP/PK are good.

Yeah we seem to play for very different reasons. I have a love hate relationship with MMOs, because while I have a lot of good memories I tend to get obsessed with progression raiding. The thing is it's not the raiding content that makes progression difficult typically, but all of the social elements that come with it.

I'm bored and downloading the updates for the game right now with my shitty internet, I'm now curious what they've actually changed.

Because you know, as long as game is alive you'll never be able to have the best gear for longer than a few months, and if the game is dead what is the point?
If gameplay is good enough I actually put in some dedication and get gear that will allow me to perform good enough to carry other people, or to at least not be a dead weight myself.

The was only one time ever when I got the absolute best gear in online game and literally next month they released even better set of armor and I said fuck it. It only proved me pointlessness of gear race. .

I always saw gear as a tool to help with progression for the most part. I've passed on pieces that I knew were bigger upgrades for someone else and most raiders with the same perspective did the same. If you're stuck on a boss and a certain class performs really well, it's only logical to feed him gear at the expense of others who got the short end of the balance stick.

This doesn't look like woman, does it?

I guess I'll settle for this.
Shit's taking too long.

And here comes game's first boss.

What are you gonna name Prince Bishi you just made?

DarkSephiroth666
I have no idea

Come on, he doesn't look edgy, at least you can get references from those Bishonen looking anime characters to name Prince Goldilocks there.

Nice dubs, but try again.

Come on niggers, come up with some aryan names that aren't all that common.

Lord of the Donkey Fuckers was already taken?

Too long

xoxoqtpai

Try Vergoldet

Goldberg

Well my name is not important, what's important is that game goes down for maintenance and I'm not playing it today.

I haven't played the game in years but I had a nice time with it and the people I used to play with.

My favorite class was Chanter, they are melee supports with strong Heals over time. You'd always find groups for anything since everybody wants your buffs and mantras, they are also pretty good for solo PvP which is something I always liked.

Clerics and good Spiritmasters could soloautism a fair ammount of instances/dungeons/bosses with patience, they are quite good at farming.

Anyways, I don't know how populated the servers might be nowadays, but I remember the economy being quite fucked up in the server I used to play. I don't think you will find many players up for low level instances since It's really easy to level up by just doing campaign quests and Coin repeteables.

Also, I hope you are American, because the european servers are hosted by a shitty company that locked a lot of content and important things such as the broker after a paywall. You must get a gold pack to unlock said content, and they only last 30 days, you can buy them with ingame money from other players, but you risk being scammed since you can't buy them from the broker, they are also expensive as fuck.

I'm playing the one published by ncsoft.
I assume that's the burgerland one?

yes

Well what can I say?
Game doesn't look half-bad for its age.
For some fucking reason I can't force to use it any reasonable antialiasing, but at least ambient occlusion works fine without impacting muh performance.
Combat is your super-standard target-based hotbar rotation fare, but animations and sounds are really good. Game does look and feel like tera's older brother with plastic feel to anything, really nice pastel color palette and some over-the top special effects on active abilities.
First impression is really good. Can't play it for much longer now, but if the thread stay afloat I'll come back when I can.

Wew.

Bruh, you ain't even got your level 10 daeva slam dunk yet. That gladiator impale is sick nasty

That's the exact reason well one of them why every MMO is fucking garbage. They're designed to be second work, so if you actually try to enjoy the gameplay that's what you get.
Hell, even the story since you need to go through the boring work to continue it most times.

I learned a lot

The fun was scheming ways to crash the market. Never tried anything though

I get that youre trying to get people to play with you, but isnt Aion pay2win as fuck?

how big is this shit, before i try to download it?

Of course it is, it's a definitive korean MMO.

Just under 30 GB.

So, which server, which faction?

you people playing anyway?

I wasn't able to play past level 3 yet, so I can swap severs easily and make new character.
As for faction - I'm pretty sure I don't want to play as edgy furfag, so let's stick to humans.

So I'm finally home and am ready to embark on a splendorous quest of collecting bears' asses and hitting paywalls.
What it's gonna be? Am I going alone or any of you are willing to join the least epic adventure imaginable?

doubt you'll hit a pay wall
can't join ya sorry Asmodian here.

I played the beta. It was shit.

You'll last up until the abyss at Level 25. That's when it goes to shit.

I'll just wait for the Dragon Dogma MMO

whoa wait. i can drive around a huge magitek armour mech in this shit?

yes, its a magic damage tank, with mostly midrange abilities.

Flying around is limited, everything is instanced, some places have low skybox, niggers.

It had so much potential. It's still one of the more popular games in a dying genre but still.