Monster Hunter /mhg/

MHG DOWNLOADS

If you scan the last pic with a home-brewed 3ds with the latest version of FBI you can download and install the US

version directly from Nintendo's Eshop servers.

EU CIA:

Part 1 mega.nz/#!cMZjmKyB!Ih4WLf_0JmEUyuvzEnssxZnVT8wT4TWi0a-DqH36UNo

Part 2 mega.nz/#!BNwEULQY!t0u9QPj1YTTo8ORMQxjEEWMHtOvnHTS46qz5s4HwwNg

US CIA:

mega.nz/#!QY0HSCyA!KbEN_nQAwVxFK06OF7j754faYzbvf3YSbGBwyW3DPaY

password:TheDoctorIsIn

EU AND US SHARE ONLINE SERVERS, STOP ASKING

Resources:

>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos

>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u

>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png

>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png

>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?

pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799

>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD

>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/

>Ping's MH4G Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex

>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/

>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png

>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png

>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png

>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun

>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

mhgen.kiranico.com/quest/guild/7.17-a-mans-arena-is-his-castle
miniwebtool.com/random-name-picker/
amazon.com/Netgear-AC1750-Smart-Router-Processor/dp/B00Z0V2NQ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470491131&sr=8-1&keywords=r6400
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bumpan

HR5
Dickass Khezu
Just going through getting wep upgrades done.
HR Jaggi set with expert hands/feet
Plesioth/Lavasioth DB
Rathalos, Nercylla, Barroth, Gog
Dickass Piscine wyverns, Yian Garuga

I'm just going to ask this now since I keep asking way too late in threads, what are some good mixed/full sets for HBG in MHX/Gen?

HR 59
Deviant Narga
Dragonebone Relics apparently
Swordbutt S set (meh but it looks nice)
Swordbutt Lance
Deviljho

Plesioth

Not really feeling to clownsuit yet.

Deviant narga was a decent fight but in no way difficult.

And how are deviants different than old subspecies/variants? Oroshi kirin, tigerstripe zamtrios, molten tigrex were all distinct enough in difficulty and ability compared to the base species.

CHARMS
CHARMS AND A GOOD FUCKING CAT
Some shit ass set that has gathering +2 and charmer +1
What ever weapon I left on from last actual hunt
I like the new thunder dragon
Ice ape

How can you list distinct variants and not include Tidal Najarala?

They really aren't usually they have one or two new attacks and that's it.
Also boatloads more HP.

Because tidal can go smack himself with his bullshit water rockets

There are a lot of unfun monsters in this series. Way too many. Some, whenever I'd fight, I'd feel like I wasn't having any fun at all. I'm sure everyone knows what that's like. Then, I fought Nakarkos. Whenever I go back to those monsters now, I can keep telling myself "This could be worse. At least this isn't Nakarkos." and it doesn't feel as bad.

Let's talk about multiplayer hunting etiquette.
These are all basic rules you should know by now, but it's good to have a quick refresher once in a while.

-If you're LS and you join while not being Adept or Aerial, you're gonna cause problems and you deserve to be yelled at, either switch to those styles, or switch weapons.

-The monster head is the kingdom of hammerbros.
Approach it with full knowledge that it's their domain and you WILL be interrupted and flung all the way to the fucking sun, the job they're performing is more important than anyone else in that spot.
If you're a HH, make sure all the buffs are up before joining them.

-The tail is the realm of anyone with a cutting weapon, the same rule of hammerbros near the head applies to everyone that can cut around the tail, don't complain if someone is interrupting you if you're in the way of them doing their job, let them work.

-For the head and the tail, positioning is everything, to work with other hunters on the same spot you have to position yourself propely so that you will disturb them as little as possible.
You have priority over those that aren't specialized on the part you're working on, however you have equal rights to the other hunters that are doing the same job that you are.
Thus, it's your duty, and theirs, to position yourselves propely, at a proper distance between each other, and keeping in mind your weapon moveset, to make sure that mutual disruption will be kept to a minimum, a well positioned team is an effictient team.

-Don't fucking use pellet unless in specific cases.

-Don't make dumb as shit macros that are completely useless that you think give you "personality", they don't, they make you look like a fucking retard.
Make good, useful, succinct macros.

-Time your sessions so that you will be free at least for a full hunt.
Never play when you know you're gonna have to eat soon.
Never play when you know you're gonna have to be somewhere soon.
Never play when you know you're gonna have to take a shit soon (unless you can just continue the hunt on the shitter).
It's fine to leave after a hunt (if dickish in certain cases, especially if you're in a room where people are trying to clear their Urgents), but leaving during one is the shittiest thing you can possibly do, plan your sessions ahead.

-Help new players out but don't pamper them.
I'm specifically talking to you, HH hunters.
Never ever use horns with Health Recovery to "train" new hunters.
You're only "training" them to get hit and developing bad habits.

HH shouldn't be on head anymore, the massive stun nerfs it got make it not worth the risk of tripping hammerers.
Also SnS is better at stun than hammer.

You're just a bit outdated now

4/10 meme post
shoulda mention insta kicking cats and if you dont say hello when you join you will kick

You should if they're bomb or melee.
Bomb because they will interrupt everything you do, and melee because holy fuck I could take an AI cat and have it be of more use.

head is still one of the best damage spots ontop of being able to exhaust

I dont really care who I play with
I played with enough Je Suis Montes its not a big deal

Not worth it, like if you're in a full group head's already prime spot, the HH deals the lowest solo DPS and now that there's even less reason to go there, just bugger off and don't trip people.
God help you if you're retarded and run the Hunting Horn specific HAs.

Yes its much better to go to the back of the bus and get tripped up by naruto with his long sword
but hey its not like HH has a huge ass range and high arch to hit things hammers cant
BACK OF THE BUS AND PLAY LE MUSIC XDDDDDDDDDD JE JUIS MONTE

I'm not saying that, I'm saying they're pretty low priority on Head now because almost every weapon does stun/exhaust better than them now.
SnS>>Hammer=CB>>>HH that's your priority list for headtime, especially on a down.

HH is a support role especially now that it got nerfed hard.
It's weapon specific HAs are a waste of a slot. It has a very wide attack pattern for it's guild/striker/bushido so that's out when trying to group up with 2 additional people on the head.

And while it has better vertical range, too bad it can't do anything with it. Seriously that stun nerf killed it's head time viability. Especially during downs, topples, and traps

In the end, what matters is Zabuza's sword can't be beat.

thanks user I've taken your advice and I will now only kill small monsters while my team is off killing the big ones
you truly are the horn maestro

I hope I dont grave its tail tip or anything by accident ;_;

Damn you're pretty rectally ravaged aren't you.

no I fully apologize for hitting weak points
I should know better and aim for wings

Je Suis Monte is more useful than a cat. Mounts topple a monster, enabling a large burst of damage with little risk, even if you end up needing a short time of no damage - it evens out. And even when not mounting, an aerial user is doing good damage. Cats, even at their best, do shit damage, have shit defenses, and mostly have shit support ability - and that's assuming they have any support skills, considering how hard it is just to get one with the mandatory offensive skills. As far as support goes, they're like a worse hunting horn that can't even do half of what a HH can do, while also being made of paper. I wouldn't be surprised if HH had a better damage output, too. The sole thing cats have that is at all useful is piercing big boomerangs, and even at that, other weapons can do their job better, while outdamaging them, having more bulk, and overall being more useful to the team.

You should be attacking whatever is available that won't cause you to be in the way. HH is a support weapon above all else. You provide support, you aren't good at dealing damage, and you aren't good at stuns. You probably can't outdamage anyone else, unless you're playing with shitters who don't know how their weapons work, so if you're taking the optimal spots and giving the good damage dealers the shitty spots, you're fucking over your entire team and lowering their efficiency.

A perfect cat will do a decent chunk more than a hunting horn. Faster clear times too, but that's only because they killed HH's stun

Just had my first encounter with pic related.

I didn't even cart, but holy shit, I can't wait to never do that again.

I can breeze through them outside of stupid shit like forced gathering quests because I've got full Deviljho armor and a Seregios charge blade but that doesn't mean it's not rumbling my autism.

I did it last night
tedious as fuck and never want to do that shit again
rather kill a fucking Rajang

I don't get why so many people complain about Blagonga. I'd fight 3 snow monkeys instead of a single Rajang any day.

Really? The ferocious Super Sayain Rajang is better than a blagonga IMO. the Blagonga moves a lot more than the rajang.

I've just always hated Rajang. They really made him a turbo cunt in 4U too. He's got a cool design, but I just can't enjoy fighting him.

Zero.

Whatever I'm told to kill.

Village chief quests.

Bulldrome set. Haven't needed anything else so far.

Obsidian Hunting Horn.

Mizutsune or whatever it's called.

Nibelsnarf.

PC! PC! PC!

I took it on yesterday, expecting bad things from all the posts. He was annoying as hell, sure, but he's so erratic he actually can't land attacks sustainably. I mean, it's not a matter of being good at dodging - even my fucking cats got KO'd only once. I'll take him over the khezu any day.

Anyone want to play with a newfag in 4U? What settings do I use to enable you guys to join me/how do I display my gathering hall ID?

There's nothing more sweet that cutting a monster's tail with the Energy Blade.

cutting yourself with razorblades

Rajang is a pain in the ass, but then Rajang doesn't have two or three little pissant lackeys hanging out with him at all times, and also moves around far less erratically.

Blagonga's flying punch attack seems like it has pretty much zero wind-up and a bullshit hit-zone. It was consistently catching me right in the middle of what I could've sworn were my i-frames.

Neither one of them is fun to fight, but come on. Khezu is just kind of a dull fight, rather than actively frustrating.

Somewhat related, did they alter the timing on some monsters' attacks? Fighting the Tetsu, it felt like I was getting hit a lot more than any time I've fought him in 4U. Same deal with Royal Ludroth, though I can chalk that one up as me just being a little rusty on his moveset.

A-at least Monster Hunter Online is getting an English patch from fans, r-right?

I think it'd just be better to cut your losses at this point rather than play Online.

Yeah I just got Freedom Unite running on PPSSPP yesterday. It's good to be back. I missed a lot of the areas from the Freedom series and I don't want to buy Generations after reading all about how easy it's made by styles(and lack of g-rank).

For deviant monsters do I need to be the one to post the quest to level it up like an urgent or will doing other people's do mine aswell?

For Villager Requests and Two Name Monsters, you need to post the quest yourself to get credit for clearing it, but not for non-Villager Request Ferocious Monster hunts..

Anybody know how I can get more Dark Stones? I'm trying to make the Black Armor set. I just went to get more Dark Pieces, but I didn't get another Dark Stone, ONLY Dark Pieces. Is it just random or do I have to do a certain quest for the Dark Stones?

First time I hunted him was with Guild SnS and I was able to i-frame his tremors with unboosted rolls.

HR7

nothing yet, later today probably some astralos or raths for gunner sets

LR Seltas because im lazy with grinding out what i actually need

good ol' lightning bow

once i hit some arbitrary HR i think i'll go back and finally inna 4U properly

the idea gets me gushing
look at the bright side, theres always a chance it wont be complete shit and at the very least look better than 3U and hit 60
hope for the best, prepare for the worst

For now. Apparently in the new expansion, Tencent encrypted all the game files, so they're on hiatus now until they can get through the encryption.

Is there some region differences at play here ? I'm playing the EU versions.

Welp. Guess this is where it ends. 4 Ultimate made fucking sense by comparison

How do you triple cart to hermitaur? Get a bowgun or something holy shit.

I don't see the issue.

Holy shit user, get it together.

This Bite Blaster is a terrible weapon against non Low-Rank monsters. Daimyo takes no real shot damage but to his face, which is never a viable target.

I wouldn't know what Bowgun to get. AND DON'T SAY NAKARKOS BECAUSE THAT GUN IS TERRIBLE, so I'm sticking with what has worked until this very point.

I'm not exactly having fun with Generations, either, to top it off. I'm out of options, and since the faggot cat refuses to sell god damned kelbi horns, I can't get bullet mats beyond a core few, which is why I'm still using the Bite Blaster. (Normal 2's).

Not possible. My whole game's been put to shit since the SURPRISE DEVILJHO ONE HIT KILL MANDATORY ARENA QUEST goal I had in mind for offline ain't possible. I doubt I can proceed. The Low to High Rank gap is fucking trash in every MH game, but this one in particular has the lacking in good weapons department.

So I just got stomped by the deviant Lagombi and I guess I want to try hunting it online instead of solo. Should I have high rank gear before attempting them so I'm not being carried?

I had multiple 150 attack weapons, some with a ton of green and some with blue at the end of low rank. Are you even playing Gen?

Just make some Seltas weapons, those can help. Also try farming Kut-ku.

Don't know about the LBG, but the HBG is great. Shit crouching fire options though. Alternatively, the Tamamitsune LBG is good I think. Don't limit yourself on things that are hampering your fun, too. Just work through what you can and come back to what you can't.

I don't use melee weapons since the particular Great Sword set I use isn't there. Monsters with bloated HP totals need Focus and Crit Draw, and the charms are garbage

I dunno. Guess I can't really do anything. I don't have Melee armor, and monsters don't really die in high rank.

Any particular weapon recommendation / armor recommendations? I've been basically glued to full Rathalos with gems inserted for AuL+Weakness Exploit(+ Defense Down S, which on a gunner like myself is suicide.)

Haven't found better armor yet, and until this crap crab came along and the dual Gypceros + Kut Ku quest, things went swimmingly minus "Out of the Fry Pan", which is impossible for me until I can survive more than one hit.

I have both the LBG and the HBG, but kill times (On Low Rank) are dramatically worse with the HBG versus the Bite Blaster. Plus the HBG has those AIDS ridden reload times.

I'm basically at the end of my rope, since Village is done minus the fake difficulty quests thrown in at the final edge that are high rank, and online keys are all that's left to mill through just to get all the rank tiers open. Not like I'm good at fighting Mizu either. Point me to the "Gunner Armor for Idiots" guide for Generations, I clearly need it since I have all these weapons and nothing's dying post low-rank. I hear high rank Lagiacrus is good, but not fightable yet!

You deserve the predicament you're in.

Hey. If predicting and landing level 3's was a 100% confirmed flinch, or if Capcom would stop being dicks and give me a SF-Esque training room where I can repeatedly bash a mock Rathalos or something to determine that "HITTING IT THIS WAY WILL MAKE IT FLINCH AFTER THIS MANY HITS", etc - without threats or wasting resources?

Yeah, I'd ignore focus.

Keep in mind "Out of the Fry Pan" is going to take a while without good weapons since it's High Rank so be aware of that. You should do it soon though because you get a 15+ Expert armor piece out of it. Also learn other melee weapons dingus

Did you forget how low rank works? You're not going to start the game with every single skill you want and need, fam.

Oh yeah also use Athena's ASS to find an early high rank set to use too. I made an Aerial GS set that can probably be made in High Rank quite easily but it might've been charm dependent

Spoiler: Tamamitsune gets shit on by pellet shot because it has the same magnetic shit for its head that Zinny did in 3. Pierce shot long ways. Don't get hit.
Also all of low rank is a training field user, you need to put your big boy pants on.

Does Crisis work with the art that lets you bubble yourself?

I used LR BuJaBuJaBu until I could farm HR 'los for its set. GitGudâ„¢.

Whoever decided to do this deserves to be raped by a pack of wild rajangs.

Wait what? Could you elaborate?

Wew laddo. That's like the retarded brother of hame.

Zinogre STILL has magnetic head for pellet shot. It's because Tamamitsune and Zinogre both have multi-break heads. Something about that layering of hitboxes or some shit just maximizes pellet effectiveness.

I think part of my soul just fucking died.

Gore HBG is good for Normal S. Even better when made to Shaggy HBG. I'm using a mix of Rathalos and various (element) Atk +1/+2 or Normal/Pierce up for my gun sets.

Pellet and pierce rape Mizu

Does he? Wonderful. I sure love pellet shenanigans.

MH Gen lobby. We can take turns posting quests. Preferably high rank stuff but I can scale down if need be. Pic unrelated.

07-0781-8360-5499 8888

Just give me fucking hyper fluid my god

45 FUCKING % MY ASS

Are you frustrated?

other lobby is full
03-0323-2442-0067
will help lower with HRs

Are you seriously trying to negotiate or plea to the Desire Sensor?

You do realize that over the years people have tried literally sacrificing newborn children to it and it didn't make any difference?

It feeds upon your suffering and only grows stronger, user.

Don't worry friend I got it my very next hunt

user, why is that bloody penis attacking you?

The hell did you to him?

So I am gonna start Monster Hunter Freedom now what should I be expecting having started playing at Tri for Wii.

Shit.
Play PH3rd instead, everything before FU is too bullshit and incomplete to be played, expect all weapons that you liked having half the moves they had before and hitboxes to be 1.3 the size of the actual model.
Also, elemental breaks are a thing, so enjoy.

*everything FU and before

Your anus split wide open

Nah, he should experience the series from the beginning to see where it came from and how it's changed.

Well yeah, it's great to see how much the series has grown, I'm just saying that he won't have much fun.

What does elemental breaks mean? Need to be using a specific element to break apart?

Yeah.

Honestly for the best possible experience MHFU should've been your first MH.
But it's nice that you're going back to understand the history of the series.
Expect everything to be way harder and hitboxes to be completely fucked up.

However it will also make you massively better at MH in general and later titles will feel much easier by the time you're done.

So I want to toy around with bows, what are the basics I need to know? Is it better to have a focus shot or spread shot for most occasions? What are the skills that I should look for as opposed to the bow guns despite the obvious ignore Ammo Types?

More importantly,while Kiranico is still eating shit what's a good bow to work towards?

All I can tell you is try and get a supply of mega dash juice going. Starting out trying to learn ranges and stuff left me running around constantly charging then running out of stamina and wasting power coatings.

Many people consider the Teostra bow as the best because it has high raw and blast. I have it and I'm able to build blasts pretty easily and with Load Up and Normal/Rapid Up you can do a bunch of damage.

Fuck the Kirin and fuck Teo/Luna. The Chameleos' horn just turns off his invisibility for good, the hardest part is getting his head down though.

Well I don't have 4u or whatever you have but I am emulating fu, so if it's anything like fu where you need 2 elder dragon bones to mine off dark pieces or dark stones, it's more than likely random, you just get lucky to get a dark stone.

Ive been looking at ice weapons
god why are almost every ice elemental weapon utter fucking rubbish
holy shit the Gammoth stuff is bad

Oh so Monster Hunter used to do stuff like that. Why did they stop it?

>Gravios flaming fart gas is vented topside most of the time after the back is broken

He circumcised him. That's why the pee-pee is red and angry.

stuff like what exactly, if you mean that you can still see the chameleos shimmering that's still there

I think normal Rajang can't go super if you cut its tail off but it's been a while since I've tried that.

Oh I forgot about the Gravios venting from his top. I didn't know about those other 2 actually I haven't fought those guys enough. I was thinking more like how the Rathian can still poison you after cutting off her tail which just makes no sense to me. Also I think the Tetsu can only grab small rocks if you break both of his Tusks.

I have never managed to cut his tail off but if they maintained that it's really cool.

Oh right, can't believe I forgot this but when you bust Seregios's head he can only shoot three blades from his face. Not that big of a deal but it's still something and the same goes for its tail.

Gypros cant flash when his head is broke

And I do it every goddamn time because I hate that thieving fucker. Didn't Barioth have trouble landing if you broke its claws?

I dont touch gypros head because told me I shouldnt
instead I hit everyone out of flash and hope they can hit it and brake it

holy shit I haven't seen such hilarious asspain in such a long time.
You're still upset over a day later that you're bad at games

yes I fully admit I am terrible at the game and have apologized for this fact
I am now working as you told me to and not hitting the monsters and off to the side playing songs

If it makes you feel any better I took entirely too long killing one of the few monsters I truly can't fucking stand.

I love it because it was my first game but don't expect the easy ride that MH3 gave. The bullshit can be off the charts. It has a lot of content as well because it's a port of Minster Hunter G that was only released in Japan.

I cant fucking decide on what to hunt
like I am in full HR Rathalos with maestro and got a basic HR GL set with razor edge and Artillery expert

but fuck I just dunno what to do now like what to start farming for upgrades first

Just fought my first Deviant Garuga.
Aside from fucking up in the tight area and carting once, I did pretty alright.
What a rush, though.
Is it bad that I prefer Deviant Garuga over normal?

Wait a minute. There's a first person camera? How do you do that?

Binoculars.

I love that his entire strategy is to annoy the shit out of me and make me dodge constantly then fly off to another map. He didn't cart me, he's just so annoying this time around with the Superman Clothesline attack

still not as bad as plesi

What armor set should I go for after jaggi?

Rathalos
Try get a atk up talisman to get atk up large with it
But not a big deal

Gen? Bulldrome. Mix bulldrome and jaggi, and with either a good charm, a few jewels, or the Obituary (Hornfly set) arms you can hit Attack Up L easy.
Or skip right to Rathalos. Or wait till high rank. Or my personal favorite, find a monster you like to fight and then wear its skin as a trophy.

I've tried playing monhunt before but I can't make myself play the inane tutorial quests, is there any way I can skip to harder quests.

Which game are you playing? If it's a 4th gen one that has weapon tutorial quests you can skip them without missing out on anything. If you're referring to basic gathering stuff, key rush if you want.

I'm going to install generations and try that, but I just couldn't work my way through the piss easy one star quests in mon hunt 4, it was so dull. I just want to hurry and get to the part where I get to kill giant monsters.

Just do key quests you undisciplined fuck.

Bad news; gathering is important even late game. You need plants and meat to make various consumables, and lots of ore to upgrade and level up weapons. If you want to have a good set of skills or mix and match outfits you need a variety of materials to make jewels, and there are also charm runs to get talismans. You'll need to do some gathering, but you can generally put most of it off until fairly late in the game.

You'll love unlocking the key quests later in the village then.

Anyone want to try to help me get the rapid fire 3 hunting art?

mhgen.kiranico.com/quest/guild/7.17-a-mans-arena-is-his-castle

its a easy quest really.

57-9263-0154-9329

Just bear it.
It's teaching you important habits you'll have to use later on.

Alright

2 more

I've been looking through Dex, trying to decide what to build and I've noticed that the deviant weapons really aren't that good. Well, the Glavenus ones are supposed to be great, especially since they don't need handicraft. The rest aren't really noticeably better than their their normal counterparts or just other monster types. Is the bonus they give to filling your art bars really good enough to justify the fact that they're pretty average?

So I finally crafted my waifu gunlance, however I occasionally prematurely fire it and the coating gets everywhere

what do you think anons?

Trigger discipline, user.

In the old days we used to tie a rubber band around the tip of our gunlances and limited ourselves to stabbing only towards the soft weak spot over and over before removing the rubber band and reaching climax in a powerful Wyvern's Fire.

Remember to ingest some Mega Dash Juice beforehand to make sure you have enough stamina to make you last until the job is done.

thankyou hitler it seems even you have problems with your rifle sometimes

Does the sharpness get bigger when you pull on it?

Yes, but sometimes i pull on it so hard, i break into red.

goddam I hate soloing the Garuga

Fuck you
Just stand still for one second so I can hit you
please

Using a bow is suffering
How do I get faster with it?

I've seen some shit this past week and a half

Everyone's here been playing "Generations" since that just came out, once the novelty wears off I presume everyone will return to Cross.

…what?

The NA/EU version of Cross is called "Generations" and is region locked to only play with itself. We had a pretty healthy number of people playing Cross before, but no rooms for it lately due to the freshness of the NA/EU version, which I presume will die down eventually.

I wasn't confused about the names, i was confused about your idea that people will return to Cross.
Why the hell would they ever return to Cross?

Because the amount of time invested in their save files is probably larger, the randoms you get for online play won't include French shitters, and as more people here do it, there'll be less and less incentive to play Generations instead of Cross, especially since IIRC there was a fantranslation patch for Cross that can't be nearly as godawful as the localization for Generations was.

Why would that happen when it didn't happen with tri and 3u?

I really don't see this happening, i feel this is almost entirely wishful thinking on your part.

New LBG user, should I ever use Crag when online? It's got pretty good knockout from what I've seen but I imagine there will be a lot of fuckary if my mates get hit.

I don't think there was nearly as many people here who actually played those in Japanese to begin with here, whereas people here were actively playing Cross for months. Plus the problems with Frogs really started with 4U.

I wouldn't say wishful thinking, since I don't really have an investment either way. If it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't, I just wouldn't be surprised if it does.

HBG: Greatest gunner weapon, or Best gunner weapon? Discuss.

Bow is for plebs.

Cross player here, you're fucked in the head. People who play MHX tend not to give a fuck about MHGen because it's LITERALLY the same game except with memes and casualizations.

All the people playing Gen are either the ones who are too dumb to learn Japanese despite the fact that you already have all the button inputs and item icons memorized, or newfags who are just getting into the franchise because Gen is a new game.

There isn't much crossover.

so, when's PC?

fuck capcom, they hate money.

Fair enough, I would've figured some would've migrated simply because they thought everyone else here would migrate, and case in point I keep seeing people post rooms for Gen instead of X whereas X rooms used to be up all the time.

They're already on the number one gaming platform and raking in millions, making a PC port wouldn't net them that much.

How have they casualized generations compared to cross? The only time I heard of localizers changing anything with a core monhun is with adding 50 base defense in 3U.

Well for me

I'm a Cross player too and I wanted to play Gen because I know everybody else is going to play Gen here and I wanted to play with some friends too. No problem for me since I migrated my save so no progress lost at all. I'm aware of the international shitters but even when playing Cross I found some shitters wearing Low Rank mess armors in High Rank lobbies, also Cross might die soon once the newest game is announced sooner or later. Also I don't really give a fuck about learning Japanese because of personal preference.

Some people say that monster HP has been lowered but I tested it and my kill times between both versions were similar so I don't think they tampered anything.

Holy shit, this is so ugly I just NEED to use it. For its unique skill do I need to use a cold drink in cold areas to use it or is it just using a cold drink in general?

Any tips for Gunlance?
I'm doing the 4* village quests and I want a good armor before getting online.
I'm currently using the tophat suit for that extra sharpness.

They made some really odd choices for this being a celebration of the series
I would have like the trader to make a return so we can get all the armors. That alone made 4 feel like a celebration of past games.
Still having fun with it even if the styles feel like using cheat codes.

btw is lunastra ever going to make a return or has she been completely forgotten about?

From the wiki, you get Attack+15 and Defense+20 in cold areas and an extra +5 attack you drink a Cool Drink (presumably this works everywhere? I've never used it).

its such a shame, I like her far more than taostra
her head was more fun to wack at

It really is weird especially since this is being made by a different team, it's like you and your wife are having an anniversary dinner but another couple is making it for you.
Well there is a bowgun in Gen known as "Lunastra's Zeal" so they probably remember. If they ever bring her back they should have her focused more on Fire to parallel Teo's focus on Blast.

I suppose she's going to the graveyard of forgotten Elder Dragons, similar with Yama Tsukami and Ceadeus and Dire Miralis. Atleast the last two have an excuse of being tied to the swimming system, though I suppose they could gimp Miralis similar to Lagiacrus and keep him land locked if they ever wanted to bring him back, but then that make the second phase where you can only target his hotspots to damage him too difficult to integrate and would have to be nixed entirely.

Source?

Well that's one way of looking at it.

The other way of looking at it is that you've been married to your wife for 12 years and she's getting old, grumpy and soggy and then you go to bed and you're ambushed a 20 years old with perky tits surprise bushido dodging onto your dick.

I want them to nerf rathian and garuga by making the tail not poisonous if you cut it god fuck.

MH4U

MHG/X

I love it, you play the atk up/def up song twice and it takes up the entire sceen

Should I bother making the Hellblade CB? Is there anything better than it? It looks like a good CB but I don't want to go through the Deviant shit unless it's worth it.

I'm thinking of making a tank cat becuase why the fuck not, I'm thinking of getting that skill that lets you have 4 acorns, whats the highest def gear for cats?

As an aerial bladememer, I have to say that the only reason I do it is because everyone else does it and never actually jumps on the monster.

Reporting back from my first day of playing MHF. Holy fuck this game is harder I beat the Velocidrome and it was a huge pain in the ass. Is super armour just not a thing in this game the Velociprey were constantly interrupting me it was so frustrating. Also getting killed by a Velocidrome would have really hurted my pride if I wasn't done in from a Bullfango a few quests prior.

Also just inventory manage is so screwed up in this game. For one quest rewards can no longer be sent to the item box so if your full at the end of a quest you get no rewards. Stuff stacks in the item box at the same rate as in your inventory so each stack of potions in your item box is only 10 potions and you only have 1 page item box inventory. I have no idea how I am going to manage my inventory in this game.

Can anyone give me advice on a good way to get points to level up my farm?

Is there anything wrong with using GS?
I cant seem to give a shit about using any weapon other than GS and Hammer these days.

I mean I've played every weapon before in previous games except LBG and switch axe

use what you want
I use a fucking horn and cumlance because I enjoy them the most
Ive used other weapons but much prefer the ones I like and no amount of them "being shit" will change that
because in the end it dont fucking matter, monsters die easy enough, I dont die because I'm not shit and I enjoy what I play

it wasnt about being shit it was recently I got called out by a mouth breather while playing irl co-op for being the only GS player

I kinda shrugged it off becuase he was an unwashed, obese longsword user and spent half the game spouting memes

but It got me thinking if people here didnt like GS or hammer users for some reaon

the only person here that dont like things is this guy
he is a fucking loser

GS and Hammer are pretty much the defacto weapons for Monster Hunter. They're pretty fucking simple sure but if you get good at them you really wreck shit. I think GS in MH4U was the weapon with the fastest kill time.

yeah getting down dodge/roll timings is great fun. and the arts have made it fun to rack up as many hits as you can then top it off with a massive assfuck of a swing.

Its nice people here still dont give a shit what you play as long as you arent a cunt about it

Overused weapons can get annoying sometimes but it's really only because most of the shitty people are using them. Like how in MH4U everyone was using the bug stick and bug stick users were constantly failing mounts. Or in MH3U there were tons of LS users and so many of them didn't give a shit about placement and just constantly tripped other people.

Tammy hbg is best for pierce. It's no 3U lucent narga hbg but it gets the job done.

I should be offended but the cutscene was cute so I am just disappointed.

It's the same thing as when you beat Gore Magala in 4, Jinouga in Portable 3rd, Lagiacrus in Tri/3G, Tigarex in 2. Title monster victory for the cut scene.

Was it SA or CB that got nerfed to hell?

Anyone know of some decent Light Bowguns that will serve me well until I start High Rank?

>not using the best Gunner weapon or at least the only one I considered using after MH4U tutorial quests

Fall off your next mount

SA got buffed.

CB, IG and LS got nerfed.

SA got buffed.

The fuck are you talking about LS got buffed after the nerf it had in 4U. Not only did they revert the spirit gauge to normal, they gave it three top tier hunter arts.

As a CB user I'm sad.
As a SA user, fuck yeah.

Thanks for answers, guys.

I was going to say if LS got buffed why the fuck is everyone online using it.

Cb is still fine, it's just used a bit differently depending on style.

You're still mad that you're bad holy shit, this is great.
2 days counting now and you still don't seem to get that HH is low head priority in a group

Yeah you're not emotional at all

Look how am I not supposed to respond when he's been asshurt for 2 days straight now?
that's hilarious that he's that fragile

So you've been offended for 2 days straight and you're fragile. I'd say I'm here to listen but when I say "listen" I mean "call you a faggot and upload your tears on Cringe Channel and other reddit-tier sites to make autists glad they're not fa19cb"

I can't believe you're still going on about it.

I'm not the one bringing up that someone hurt my feefees two days ago.
If I was the one bringing it up you'd have a point, but he's the one who keeps referring back to it.

Its motion values have been dropped across the board. IIRC you have to be in red spirit gauge all the time in order to do the same damage as in the past.

You do realize that the other user has been taking the piss out of your posts this whole time, right?

Children, please shut the fuck up. No one cares about your drama.

I don't give a shit who started what and who is asshurt at who.

sshhh dont tell him

I never mentioned feelings. Come on man you're just using me your confessional booth, I'm no reverend, get a REAL church to confess to.

Also fuck off already feelingsfag

What a valuable post, don't worry I'll sage for you

aw y-yeah he's totally taking the piss out when he's just flailing around pretending

Take your feelings and fuck off

Good defense. So the HH has probably one of the lowest priority headtimes in the game.
And no one can even come up with a decent reason on why HH shouldn't be low priority

You're not understanding my intention. I'm not here to say HH needs "muh priority" or any of that shit. I'm here to hurt your feelings until you stop fagging up the thread

There's a problem with hunting in a group? Is this bait or legit no fun allowed

Now that doesn't even make sense, apply yourself next time when trying to defend the "hunting horn deserves headtime in groups"

Sure thing chief

>implying I'm not using sage properly, as you should when you're making irrelevant useless posts Yes, you should ALWAYS sage

You know it, autismo. Or to speak your language, "y-y-y-you know it, a-a-a-a-a-ut-t-t-t-t-ismo XD"

its funny because as mad as you are getting you are still wrong

Says the guy who can't even come up with a reason why it's good and keeps bringing up how he's wrong 2 days later.

please stop being so retarded

Still waiting for how it's good here champ, maybe one day you'll think of a reason.
Maybe one day you'll stop being mad maybe 4 days later at this rate.

So

what's everyone's mounting quotes/quotes in general?

Mine was a reminder to 4G players that hitting the monster while it's mounted is a good thing now just in case.

Just the default because I'm not a faggot that has dumb ass meme spewing shit like this guy

AIGHT LET'S GET ON TOPIC. YOU'RE GONNA NEED CROSS OR GENERATIONS FOR THIS FOLKS, SORRY FREEDOM UNITE PLAYERS

Hit up random.org or your preferred number generator of choice. Get a number between 1 and 56, and consult this chart. This is the Weapon/Style you're going to use for a hunt or three.

1. Sword and Shield, Guild Style
2. Sword and Shield, Striker Style
3. Sword and Shield, Aerial Style
4. Sword and Shield, Adept Style
5. Dual Blades, Guild Style
6. Dual Blades, Striker Style
7. Dual Blades, Aerial Style
8. Dual Blades, Adept Style
9. Great Sword, Guild Style
10. Great Sword, Striker Style
11. Great Sword, Aerial Style
12. Great Sword, Adept Style
13. Long Sword, Guild Style
14. Long Sword, Striker Style
15. Long Sword, Aerial Style
16. Long Sword, Adept Style
17. Hammer, Guild Style
18. Hammer, Striker Style
19. Hammer, Aerial Style
20. Hammer, Adept Style This is what I got. I tried Hammer in MH4U and it was pretty fun so wish me luck
21. Hunting Horn, Guild Style
22. Hunting Horn, Striker Style
23. Hunting Horn, Aerial Style
24. Hunting Horn, Adept Style remember to go for the head :^)
25. Lance, Guild Style
26. Lance, Striker Style
27. Lance, Aerial Style
28. Lance, Adept Style
29. Gunlance, Guild Style
30. Gunlance, Striker Style
31. Gunlance, Aerial Style
32. Gunlance, Adept Style
33. Switch Axe, Guild Style
34. Switch Axe, Striker Style Hope you enjoy this, it's my fave
35. Switch Axe, Aerial Style
36. Switch Axe, Adept Style
37. Insect Glaive, Guild Style
38. Insect Glaive, Striker Style
39. Insect Glaive, Aerial Style
40. Insect Glaive, Adept Style
41. Charge Blade, Guild Style
42. Charge Blade, Striker Style
43. Charge Blade, Aerial Style
44. Charge Blade, Adept Style
45. Light Bowgun, Guild Style
46. Light Bowgun, Striker Style
47. Light Bowgun, Aerial Style
48. Light Bowgun, Adept Style
49. Heavy Bowgun, Guild Style
50. Heavy Bowgun, Striker Style
51. no fuck you, reroll
52. Heavy Bowgun, Adept Style
53. Bow, Guild Style
54. Bow, Striker Style
55. Bow, Aerial Style
56. Bow, Adept Style

CRAFT THAT SHIT, CRAFT NEW ARMOR IF YOU NEED IT, AND HAVE FUN HUNTERS

No I just think it's really fucking ass backwards to be this god damn min max when you're hunting with 3 or 4 people. With that many people the monster really does not stand a chance if everyone is at least decent. 3 or 4 person hunts are pretty much just casual have some fun and make some friends time. Just make sure you aren't tripping because that shit is annoying.

So you're out of ideas already?
Come on now, you even started the reaction images.

Oh, sorry for misunderstanding!

If I'm playing with people I know, it's

Otherwise, it's
(this being MHgen)

Dude, people aren't making fun of you because they have some irrational love for the HH. They're making fun of you because you strode in here swinging your dick around as if you don't expect people to take that as an invitation to kick you in the dick.

I hope you get hip-checked by Dire Plesijho.

I'm only playing Generations because I have some friends that didn't CFW their 3DS. Otherwise I'd be on Cross. Yeah they're fucking morons, I know. At least they can play the game decently.

Some people like to hunt, and others like to torture monsters. Min/Maxing is an art.

Really it's just that one guy I keep coming back in here for, he's so fucking easy.
like seriously he still is mad about it 2 days later.
It's hilarious that he can't even try to defend his position

Have fun user!

Not enough space for "I AM THE DANGAN" or another line from Into Free?

He doesn't owe you a debate, you're like an reddit-using atheist trying to "win" at every "debate" and telling himself he won when people tell him to fuck off with his mouth-breathing.

Doing deviants as early as possible is actually pretty challenging, even with four people. Especially when one of those people is constantly spamming pellet shots or only using the lance charge attack.

Aside from one being mostly in jap, what's the difference?

Because for some reason I still remember that game.

Yeah I'm playing with a person who is learning bow I've been shot in the ass so many times while trying to mush a monsters face into the ground with my hammer.

Hey guys, anyone up for some Palico missions? I need to level up my main palico and I want it to learn some skills, so we'll at least be hunting a Gammoth, Rathian, Astalos, and Malfestio. Gammoth first so I can get those Mega Boomerangs.

Room: 65-9192-3575-2008
Pass: 4112

I guess I'll give this a go, whatever I get I'll use tomorrow though, gonna level up my Palico tonight.

that is to say, lets ALL be Palicos. Make it more interesting that way.

Are Palicos even viable? I haven't used one and they just seemed like meme builds to me.

**Also it should actually be "WYVERNS HUNT IN PACKS!" or something similar. I don't recall space limits exactly.

Goddammit I need to slow down.

the default one,
Je suis monté

Pubs are less retarded. Other than that I don't care. I ignore the NPC text in Gen.

So if the rumors are true and we actually are getting a Monster Hunter anime soon is there anyway it won't just be cute huntresses cutely hunting monsters? Is that (secretly) what everyone just wants anyways?

my buddy hopped in, so there's still two slots open. LR Palico training
anybody? ;w;

The only monster hunter anime I could see us getting is an adaption of the manga by the dude that does Fairy Tail.

I hope it's cute huntresses cutely hunting until shit gets real and they need to get serious. Kind of like how people say 'this game isn't so bad' until that one monster shows up.

Are you talking about Monster Hunter Stories: Ride On?

If so there's actually no hunting involved in it. It's Pokemon basically.

What a waste of David Production's time.

Oh is that what it's going to be? shit

i have no idea what tumbleweed of autism hit Holla Forums earlier, but cross and gen are the same thing, gen is localized and that's it

there are ways of transfering your cross save data

the only reason not to switch to gen is if you are so elitist you can't ignore the dialog to play on us/eu servers

not defending any of gen's spin-off level shortcomings, but whatever came over the anons here is really concerning

I haven't seen many people refusing to play MHG unless they just finished X and don't want to play either. I mean there are a couple like this guy but I haven't notice many.

if you finished x by all means say no to gen, after all its literally the same game.

what im curious about is where the fuck our active gen players went
posting a lobby here now makes me feel like a fuckin hitchhiker or something

Haven't they learned nothing, how can these reddit-tier hunter make it so far? They are lucky there's no g-rank.

I hate playing with randos so much I've discarded all online etiquette when playing with them.

Reminder to kick shitties on sight.

user did you not play G-Rank in MH4U? The people who made it to G3 in that game were fucking scary. I mean they had to be carried there is no way someone who tries to trap Kushala makes it to G3 on their own right?

Are they using Aerial-style because that has no charge on the ground? I have not seen that many shitty GS users since crappy people swing it 3 times say it's too slow and abandon it.

I stopped playing Cross when Gen was announced because a lot of my close friends didn't CFW their 3DS. I'd rather play with friends but the pubs on Gen are way worse than they ever were in Cross.

I try to avoid them as much as possible by playing with my friends or Holla Forums.

Have you ever met someone who did something so stupid you had to talk to them to figure out why before kicking them. One time me and my friend encountered a guy wearing a clown-suit in MH4U-G2 he had no active armour skills and looked hideous. We had to ask him if he knew what armour skills were and he said did just claimed he didn't like them. I think he just built the highest def armour he could without grinding any monsters.

Maybe that's it. I'm used to more active GS'er with my friends.

It's just grind my gear when I go through the trouble of being prepared for a hunt and then get some retarded randos who have absolutely no idea what the fuck they are doing. Can't even evade the tailswipe of the Rathian and, of course, they don't have any fucking antidote on them.

Being SnS is suffering.

Decide to play with some randoms since none of my friends are online

NEVER AGAIN

I reached HR 5 a couple weeks ago and I just suddenly stopped. I don't know why.
Maybe it's because I've already fought all of these monsters so many times before. Maybe the styles lost their novelty quickly. Or maybe it's because the armor sets, both mixed or matched, rarely allow more than three skills at once. The new monsters are great with interesting movesets and attack patterns, but for some odd reason, I don't find them fun to fight.

I want to hunt, but there's to hunt for. It all just feels pointless. I guess my hunting spirit has burned out.

Is it just me or is it new for the Rathian's grounded tailspin to poison you?

It's possible I mean we're used to only getting the G-versions meaning with localization usually a 2 or more years between games. MHG came out way faster and has by far the most recycled materials, I can see a lot of people burning out soon.

I was talking about the one with the backflip which is telegraphed 30 seconds in advance and gives you the time to get out of the way easily.

I don't remember the grounded tail swipe to poison. Maybe Dreadqueen does.

have you tried nyanter? if you grind out the right shit nyanters can be just as effective as hunters.
theres also the option of a weapon you havent used before, perfecting a style(bushido and last min evades)

also hunting in a group is pretty fun, especially when you're all shooting the shit together

I still don't know if they somehow got confused and mixed up the the guild and village key quests, or if they were retarded and thought they could get to higher village rank by doing online quests. Either way, they were absolutely shit. Five minutes into a hunt, two carted within seconds of each other, then almost immediately after one of them got back, carted again while the other was running from area to area, doing god knows what.

After around the two week mark, it seemed to die. The thread suddenly slowed down, and now it seems like almost no one is posting rooms.

It's the power of styles and arts. Gen has made it easier than ever to cheese monsters.

Jesus christ why

Like holy FUCK what were they fucking thinking? Am I the only one who thinks this game is a mess in comparison to the other ones? It's not even just this, but all these motherfucking tickets piss me off so much.

yea I cant get fucking anyone to help me level my deviant shit

No kidding, someone who hasn't even fought these monsters was wondering what the deal with some of them were but they just melt and they're in full deviant with defense out the ass so there's hardly any danger.

I wish you could trade those tickets in for something useful, like monster stuff that couldn't make it in.

Accolades and Commendations, too. And don't forget about all the tickets from DLC. I feel like an extreme couponer with all of the damn tickets I've got.

Is it just me or is Yukumo weirdly over-saturated with village quests? The whole time I was working through the village stuff it seemed like I had more villager requests from Yukumo than I had for the other three villages combined.

When are you supposed to start with that deviant stuff I'm HR 5 now. I soloed the deviant arzuros when I beat the village quests just to see but he took way too long to kill so I figured I should come back with better gear.

Every deviant room I've seen is for rathalos, rathian, and nargacuga. I tried looking for a Lagombi room so I could make his switchaxe and there was nothing. I spent 20 minutes waiting for randos and got tired of waiting and left the room I made.

first few levels are low rank then its high rank and gets tediously long to solo

pretty much the same, I had some rando join and ask if he could post his lagombi first so I gave him a hand and he fucking left after it
asshole

Hyper Monsters have too much health. I'd rather have Frenzy back. At least they weren't sponges.

Pardon?

Wow, I never realized how dumb looking Ceadeus' were. Look at those little eyes and that pink tongue. Not to mention his stubby little fins.

Hyper monsters are fucking trash and very much a "Hey guys let's push the styles/arts harder down your throat".

I hope this shit doesn't come back.

Alright, this is some horseshit. From now on, I'll start to make Holla Forums Hunter rooms specifically dedicated to Deviant monster hunting. We can have a rotation where people take turns with the quests they need to do.

If not me, then someone else in one of these threads. It's a good idea if you ask me.

Nargacuga LBG has 40 or so affinity can fire all perce and has perce rapid fire, been using it for the multiple monster quests, fated four guns are also ok if you go elemental

Are Gunlances viable yet? Last time I used them I clearly remember being told to just use a Lance.

I'm getting burnt out on Switch Axe, not even gonna lie. If only CB wasn't nerfed.

CB is still good. I don't know about GL. I haven't messed with it much in Cross/Gen. I've always hated it.

Looks like GL got nerfed. Heat Gauge is the only way to get it back to 4U strength, which sucks.

How about DB? Hammer Adept made me appreciate the Style more, and apparently DB Adept is godly.

Gen/X aren't very sustainable.
That's really all there is to it.
The deviant hunts are just meh and really just don't provide any significant challenge unless you're dicking around, and given how much of a grind they are and how mediocre the armor is from a skill standpoint, there's just not enough point to keep people coming back.
I mean styles are decent, but even then they need reworked.
Basically It gets worse sooner than 4U does, but it doesn't ever reach the bullshit level of relic grinding that 4U had.

No clue it's stupid as shit though.
Not as bad as Relic grinding, but still just irritating. Not to mention you have to be the one who posts to rank up.
It's just a dumb system.

On mobile so I don't bother to direct reply to the user who posted something about Cross and Gen players.
I have had Cross since last November and I have played it more or less. Even though Gen is out, I don't bother to get it, since Cross and Gen are same games, differences being Gen's localization and being able to play with EU and USA players.

I didn't have high expectations for the game but I'm disappointed how the game felt for me. Monsters don't feel hard or hit hard even in High Rank and I'm still using my LR armor just to see how far I can get until I cart for the first time (HR 5 right now). Hunter arts and styles were cool at first but they started to get boring after a while. So to make things even a little challenging and motivating to keep on playing I'm using keep LR armor, take same amount of items you see on the item box and try to survive on those and just not engage playing with anyone because of trust issues and everything being easy enough to be soloed. Maybe at some point try to solo deviant and hyper monsters naked.

I'm not saying that Cross is bad, but just I didn't enjoy it as much I did for 4u and 3u. Dunno if I'm just having franchise fatigue.

I only play guild DB and Hammer. I don't really like adept on any of the melee weapons. It's neat on ranged weapons.

You play with people that have gear way above what's needed for their level and rush key quests. It's been happening since Tri.

Don't those require CFW though?

Why would you want to play on US/EU servers though?

In case you forgot, there was still a victory bit after that, and then a bit of a calm until that guy's thing started up. Same with the Elder visits for the last rank in the other games as well.

I dunno, is true damage ever viable? Gunlance is extremely viable solo, and very good for online as long as you know what you're doing and not fucking up your allies. Learn the differences between Long\Normal\Wide shot types and what monsters they're best on and you should be golden.

I have done the 7star urgent for about 6 people now, as soon as its my turn, everyone disconnects 5 mins into the fight

They are op now.

I never said stop. I just said you'd be fighting actual monsters. Hope you've been working on that prowler too.

only the villager prowler missions

Making a Gen. room for round robin quests.
Soloing the 3 hyper Tetsucabras was surprisingly easy.

69-0330-8715-1209
Pass: 7243

Is extreme angling worth it? I fished out a gastronome tuna and I can't really find any information about it.

The amount of fetch quests in this game are crazy, and needing to do the godawful cat quest to advance the trader is absolute suffering, who thought this was a good idea?

Eat it, get presents.

The same asshole that decided you needed to do cat arenas for Barrage Piercing.

Anyone want to help me get from HR 2 to 3 in MH4U?

Pulled out a slickaxe from it, I was wondering if there were any drop tables for eating fish somewhere.

Guess I won't be playing ranged this game, fuck.

I cleared the Iodrom/Gendrome arena with all 5 cats in under 30 minutes last night. It's not so bad.

We got 2 spots open in this room if you're still looking for a MHGen lobby.

Newfag here, haven't played MH before but I don't know whether to start with 4U or Gen. Is one better than the other or does it not matter at all?

did you not hack your 3ds to play cross?
who in their right mind would drop extra money on another 3ds specifically for moonrune games
1.) better ping for north america
2.) people who speak english
3.) it seems most of the anons here either
a.) had hacked 3ds' and downloaded cross, and
b.) waited for the english release and own it physically
i assume people here want to play together, it seems like the natural progression to move over to the servers everyone would be on as to not fracture the community
4.) to keep the community together and not force the people who bought it to get left out for the sole reason of, 'i cant handle all this localizations!'

i find these all to be valid reasons
also anyone who bought a nip 3ds and a physical copy are bakas, ESPECIALLY if they didn't hack it

post a room, i'm here for you

Are you on Cross or Gen? If the former, I can help.

Nope.

Other way around, I only own a JP 3DS because there's no point in owning an NA one due to the region lock.

Fair enough, but I've never lived there.

From what I gather you get more French speakers than English.

Why would you say that?

4U feels more like a proper MH game, and is significantly more challenging than Gen. It's also got a longer and steeper difficulty ramp.

I'm having a lot of fun with Gen, but it's definitely designed to favor stylishness and fun factor over engaging challenge.

Using the Guild fighting style in Gen could be good for easing a new player into the series (Aerial and Adept are fun, but if you use those heavily while learning the game you'll pick up a lot of bad habits that will hamper you in any future titles if fighting styles are omitted). 4U will force you to git gud, especially if you focus on playing solo.

Since Gen is the hot new thing, it'll have a much more active online user base, if that's a consideration for you.

Start with the original and work your way through the series, it'll help you appreciate where it's come from and how it's changed over the years. It can be a difficult series to go backwards in if you start from a later entry if only because of how accustomed you'll get to the quality of life improvements, like sending quest rewards direct to the Item Box, or increased storage space, or automatic Item Set loading.

I can only hope you purchased your nip3ds after all the 10.3 hacking or accidentally updated
which you can circumvent by hacking your 3ds
fuck man i see germans too, but they arent dominating public lobbies or anything
i've caught BRs and all the like, but they're no majority
unless you have some terrible luck and a sob story to match, anyone who didn't hack their 3ds when they had the chance or didn't wait patiently like a good boy until they could are silly, impatient people

That's relative to the person playing.

I just never bothered to keep up with CFW. I have a JP machine, so region locking was never an issue, and if you're not going full tilt "must have absolutely everything on launch" you can usually get shit pretty cheap. There just hasn't been much benefit to me to pursue CFW in this case.

Fair enough, never done it myself, just going off impressions from these threads.

It doesn't matter that much. They each have strengths and weaknesses. If you were only going to play one ever, I'd say go 4U. Gen is fun, but adds in some silly features that are very different from most of the other games, and that may not even return in new ones. They are both worth playing to me though.

I'd say it is easier to go back than start at the beginning. You'll lose the quality of like stuff, but you'll have experience to help you along with how much harder things are.

this is where you fucked up, user.

also, not wanting to play doom on your 3ds

Even when I do look into piracy on a platform I tend to buy shit that I like. I try to be responsible about voting with my money to support shit I like and fight shit I hate. Not saying everyone needs to be that way, but it's what I want to do, and it's not like I have any other hobbies I need money for anyway other than comics, but there's barely anything good anymore anyway, so that's what, 1000 yen every two or three months?

i do that with small indie devs and PC games i like
im to poor for 40$ a damn game
i did buy 3U for both systems and 4U, but gen is a mashup spinoff

Fair enough, if piracy is the only way you can afford to play, I say go for it myself. Just, I'm in a position where I can support the industry that produces one of the only things that makes life worth living for me, so I do it.

Were you always able to mine Duramboros' tail after chopping the tail top off? If that is the case I feel pretty dumb.

This is the huge horned guy from third generation who wasn't in 4/G but returned in Cross who keeps spinning around? If so, you don't even need to chop the top off, once it cracks the first time you can mine it when he does the attack that embeds it in the ground after his landing.

But were you able to do these things in 3rd gen? That's what I'm asking.

Yep

Well fuck me then.

That was very fun hunting
Hope more people show next time

Yeah, it was fun. Shame this thread is void of players ATM. That triple cart was hilarious. Guess we need to get you better armor next time.

I'd play with you guys if I had internet.
Sorry

I'll play online more once I get down with village.

How about a random list of monsters too? Once you get your weapon and style you roll the dice for a monster.
miniwebtool.com/random-name-picker/
Great Maccao
Velocidrome
Bulldrome
Seltas
Arzuros
Redhelm Arzuros
Gendrome
Cephadrome
Yian Kut-ku
Iodrome
Kecha Wacha
Lagombi
Snowbaron Lagombi
Gypceros
Tetsucabra
Drilltusk Tetsucabra
Daimyo Hermitaur
Stonefist Hermitaur
Volvidon
Royal Ludroth
Malfestio
Zamtrios
Khezu
Rathian
Gold Rathian
Dreadqueen Rathian
Nibelsnarf
Plesioth
Blangonga
Lavasioth
Shogun Ceanataur
Najarala
Nargacuga
Silverwind Nargacuga
Yian Garuga
Deadeye Yian Garuga
Uragaan
Crystalbeard Uragaan
Seltas Queen
Rathalos
Silver Rathalos
Dreadking Rathalos
Lagiacrus
Zinogre
Thunderlord Zinogre
Mizutsune
Astalos
Gammoth
Glavenus
Hellblade Glavenus
Agnaktor
Gore Magala
Seregios
Duramboros
Tigrex
Grimclaw Tigrex
Kirin
Brachydios
Shagaru Magala
Rajang
Furious Rajang
Deviljho
Savage Deviljho
Kushala Daora
Chameleos
Teostra
Akantor
Ukanlos
Amatsu
Nakarkos
Alatreon
HYPER
If you get HYPER that means you have to roll again to see what kind of Hyper monster you must fight. If you get a Deviant you must roll between 1-10 to see what level you must fight. If you get a level you don't have just go for the highest one you have. Also roll again if you get a monster you can't fight yet like Hyper Silver Rath or Savage Deviljho. I'm probably gonna make a room soon with this random thing in mind with round robin quest taking.

Holy SHIT, user, you took my idea to a whole new level!

I'm in another room with muh friends but I'm getting in on this ASAP. If I knew anything about web design I'd make this into an online tool. "Hunter's Roulette" perhaps.

Generations room, high rank preferred but I don't care that much.
56-7108-2601-3327
Pass: 9874

Hunter's roulette challenge needs to be a thing now.

High Rank Generations room Round robin quests

50-8181-3088-9538
Pass:5632

How far into high rank?

Has anyone figured out a way to stop the constant disconnects in MHG I mean 4U had disconnects as well but MHG is just terrible. Me and my friends gets disconnects every 2 hunts or so.

get a router that isn't shit

I can pick up to HR7

We've got an open slot here now if anyone wants in

Connection dropped. Someone crusade my provider please.

mu console nearly ran out of battery and right as the red light started flashing I got a communication error
That was very fun hunting

Athenas ass is giving me the shits it keeps suggesting DLC armor and I dunno what is or isnt DLC armor till I fucking double check

Did you at least get your quest done?

Get out with your shit fetishes.

I wanna post a room, but the thread's ded. Who's gonna post the next one? I mean this one's on page 10, isn't it pretty safe to make a new thread?

13 is new thread

oh, well then, here's the room, since we still have 3 pages to go

Just looking to hunt Elder Dragons. I need ED Bones, and will probably make the palico sets for whatever EDs we hunt. Probaby will wind up doing Deviants after a a good four or five EDs.

Room: 16-9737-8862-4449
Pass: 4430

Can't you toggle that off? And mine refuses to save charm data for some reason.

is there any dumb jujuj charm garbage or is pretty much everything you mine is best it gets

Just mine 30 coal, turn it in one at a time.
Wash, rinse, repeat until you get bored and save edit your charm in, or RNG favors you and gives you a passable charm

aahk
coal farming is so fucking simple the sakura method is best
.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/4u4naz/guide_to_sakura_style_talisman_farming_in_mhgen/

New thread

I just bought a new router and it's supposed to be bretty good. amazon.com/Netgear-AC1750-Smart-Router-Processor/dp/B00Z0V2NQ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470491131&sr=8-1&keywords=r6400

Don't suppose we have any fabulous hunters here with the Hyper Seltas Queen quest? Need to get a single Hyper S. Queen Shell to finish my arachnid bow upgrades, but every group I join carts completely in the first 3 minutes.