NEW Vita Thread

"Sexual Content for Everyone!" Edition

NO PIRACY YET, POSSIBLY SOON

WHATCHA:
And most importantly, are you still having fun?

Upcoming games: iplaypsvita.com/upcoming-ps-vita-games-2016/
Gitgud Group: gitgud.io/groups/InfinityVita

Other urls found in this thread:

netbsd.org/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NetBSD
doc.dl.playstation.net/doc/psvita-oss/
wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/arm
twitter.com/MajorTomVita/status/760595053865820166
pastebin.com/pz9FbTet
archive.is/G1ENL
videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=24112
ray-out-games.jp/products/psvfc1/
amazon.com/Valkyrie-Drive--Bhikkhuni--PlayStation-Vita/dp/B01JHQURLY/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1470125544&sr=8-10&keywords=valkyrie Drive
hackinformer.com/2016/08/02/psvita-digital-gamecartridge-gamedlcsavedata-decryption-3-60/
twitter.com/DaveeFTW/status/760905695151751168
hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/RESULT_PSTV_351.html
github.com/s1cp/VitaGuide/wiki#patch-file
web.archive.org/web/20120514131628/http://courantblogs.com/capitol-watch/house-honors-reps-jack-thompson-john-hetherington-who-are-retiring/
archive.is/H59O2
amazon.com/Root-Letter-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B01JHQUS1S
amazon.com/Steins-Gate-0-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B01JHQUTF8
wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=46360
feyrer.de/NetBSD/bx/blosxom.cgi/index.front?-tags=sony
freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/bsdl-gpl/article.html#current-bsdl
wikileaks.org/sony/emails/
jp.netbsd.org/ja/JP/JNUG/
jp.netbsd.org/
2007.asiabsdcon.org/
zer0.org/daemons/yahoobsd.html
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=10558288
zoominfo.com/p/Kenjiro-Cho/60589439
sonycsl.co.jp/person/kjc/papers/slides-asiabsdcon.pdf
slideshare.net/junebihara18/osc100th-asiabsdcon
sony.co.jp/SonyInfo/Jobs/
sony.net/SonyInfo/Careers/jphq/
sie.com/saiyo.html
doc.dl.playstation.net/doc/content/dam/corporate/eula/psp-oss/pspnet.txt
doc.dl.playstation.net/doc/psp-eula/psp_eula_sc.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_2_technical_specifications#Central_processing_unit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Portable#Technical_specifications
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Vita#Hardware
zerobin.net/?514fe34fe59c495d#rQ/tyuNpmh4dvFB9fVB3rdeGrBAS7u9tN1bu5fInzuw=
youtube.com/watch?v=RYxaeM3YWQ4&t=5m43s
s15.zetaboards.com/Amicitia/topic/8535682/
pkgsrc.se/security/lsh
theperspectivesofnietzsche.com/nietzsche/ntruth.html
archive.is/PShdL
github.com/whyrusleeping/gx
nichegamer.com/2015/12/14/dead-or-alive-xtreme-3-not-coming-west-due-to-cultural-differences-says-sony-boss/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_Concurrent_Versions_System
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Microsoft_Corp.
amazon.com/ViewHD-Composite-Universal-Converter-VHD-168/dp/B00DSSCBZ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Copypasta last sageru thread

Ideally with git, you can branch your projects. So if a client wants raw direct translation, you can make a branch for that. If the client wants a more formal localization, wherein expression and figures of speech are given the liberty to be closely emulated, it can be branched. The same to a more colloquial localization where liberty is allowed to make more free interpretations but emulate the goal of the author while making the localization read-sound natural to the target language.

Some of the top e.g.:
Original:
Hijo de gran pendejo, vete para la Porra.
Direct: Son of great lazy[ bum], go to the [Island of ]Porra.
Locale: Son of a dumbass, go to hell.
Liberty: Stupid ass, go to hell.
Taking about:

netbsd.org/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NetBSD
doc.dl.playstation.net/doc/psvita-oss/ yes
^. Recall, NetBSD is about porting *nix everywhere, esp. On SoCs like ARM. FreeBSD barely had, at the time, a working PoC:
wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/arm

Also, Sony is a hardon boy for *BSD, if you recall the Yahoo dev thing.

Thanks! I usually get treated with disdain in some other groups, so force of habit, appologies.

That still depends on someone making a good translation though, which doesn't happen - the only good translations are the ones you make yourself.

Fresh Mokou

Oh… I thought we finally got it.

Trillion again. Finally got back around to it after my best Overlord had been killed. Ashmedia though became my favorite and she also got eaten. This is a very sad game.

My copy of Gal Gun to arrive already. Got a stupid email saying it was delayed.

I'm getting the Valkyrie Drive and MeiQ collectors editions. Or at least I will get MeiQ once preorders go up for it.

Also, is every Gal Gun copy the misprint? Or are there corrected versions? I'm terrified mine has been delayed and will fix the error.

I don't even remember what update i have, but god i hope it's the right one and the pirate flag sets sail

I don't. What happened?

Also, is it true the PS1/PS2/PSP all use BSD code?

You need to be on the latest FW in order to take advantage of homebrew.

Fucking nice then, thank you user.
Now it's just matter of time.

Would it be possible to manually update to 3.60 after 3.61 is released?

Yeah but you have to connect it to a PC or PS3.

Make sure you download the update file on your pc so you can use it later. Im still enjoying my 3.52 with all the ps1, psp and emulators on it.

twitter.com/MajorTomVita/status/760595053865820166
pastebin.com/pz9FbTet
archive.is/G1ENL

Long time lurker here.

I just bought a vita and Gravity Rush.

I'm interested in Disgaea, but I never played any of the past games. How important is that to the story?

Sorry, I don't post much because I'm an awkward weeb that likes cute girls fighting monstars.

Not at all.

And don't buy NISA again in the future.

This, only buy them in Japanese

The story in the Disgaea games are all self-contained, with the only exception being minor crossover content, which is usually DLC. I dunno how garbage the translation for 4 is but 3 is passable.

Or used.

Is GalGun actually good or are people excited for generic fanservice title #3412

In which case, why don't you just go masturbate to… literally anything? That's what I never got about fanservice, boob jiggling and panty shots got passe by the time I was 12.

I'm sorry, but what is NISA?

Thank you, user!

Also, for future reference, I did buy both used.

Am I doing this "posting " thing correctly? I'd rather just stop posting to continue to lurk, but all vita threads seem really comfy.

Runs poorly, but it actually is very enjoyable. Of course, fanservice is still a selling point.

videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=24112
You can save some dollarydoos for VD if your not going for the LE with the book.

Nippon Ichi Software America, the foreign branch of Nippon Ichi Software that localizes their games as well as other companies' games. They're notorious for being even worse than most localization companies, removing content and causing gamebreaking glitches on top of having low quality translations.

You're doing fine posting. Also, NISA is the publisher, they usually do shitty things like censoring the game for no reason, releasing games that have a chance to mess with the system and bad translations. It usually depends on the game, as not all of them are like that, buying used doesn't give them money.

Thank you both. I'll remember this when buying games with cute girls doing cute things.

user here mentioned buying them in Japanese. How would I be able to understand what's happening in the game? Are there English patches for certain games?

Here is your response.

By reading. You're going to want to learn Japanese at some point, if not for getting around shitty localizations, than for playing things that won't ever see translations period.

Anyone know how to put this screen protector? the instruction is in japanese and its different from the HORI screenprotector

ray-out-games.jp/products/psvfc1/

Well, pardon me for trying to start a conversation.

Well I'm curious now, at the very least, I'll check it out a bit more.

Also, if someone figures out how to decrypt eboot.bin, this might lead to piracy.

The game is fairly simple. There's also a demo.

So with this I think some of us should start decrypting game assets.

I remember an user last thread mentioned wanting Mahvel 3, I've got those already extracted so I guess I'll decrypt them for him.

Going to ask again. Has anyone else gotten their copy of Gal Gun vita yet? Do they all have the E for everyone typo? My copy has been delayed and I worry it will have a fixed image.

Reminder for any anons that didn't see it in the last thread: VD's western release is now up for orders on US Amazon
amazon.com/Valkyrie-Drive--Bhikkhuni--PlayStation-Vita/dp/B01JHQURLY/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1470125544&sr=8-10&keywords=valkyrie Drive

I'd bought one new from Gamestop's website (no way am I buying preowned after what I saw happen to one user's Vita games he'd bought on the website as preowned) some weeks back and it came with the calendar. Only bad part is that the case itself got warped in shipping, but that's just a matter of replacing.

As another user mentioned, they're the western branch of NIS and handle localization and publishing of NIS games, as well as other companies that choose to use them. Unfortunately, they seem to have gotten much worse over time rather than getting better (they're up there with 8-4 and NoA/Treehouse in terms of just how bad they can be), and these days one can generally expect the games they bring over to have cancerous translations, censorship and/or removed content (depends on the nature of the game whether that happens), and localization induced (or uncovered) bugs ranging from annoying to game ruining (to system ruining in one case). As far as what they bring west, it's best to wait and hear from people that, for whatever reason, decide to play the guinea pig and see how badly they fucked shit up (a few games seem to get through okay; Spike Chunsoft for example keeps them on a tight leash), and even then it's wise to buy preowned so they don't get more money (you'd think maybe they'd learn "not fucking around = more profit and less pissed off potential consumers," but they don't fucking learn).

Only exception (depending on who you ask) is for games NISA handles distribution of rather the translation of (ANS+ for example), as in those cases they don't get to touch the script or the code, and if it's a limited physical print, it might be better to drop the money (ANS+ was $55; $15 more than the $40 digital version by TK) when it's still being printed, than wait for massive price hikes on preowned copies later when it's not being made anymore (ANS+ was $180-200 or so online last I looked, to the point a local copy I'd seen going for $90 was "cheap").

Big thing is to not treat chan style imageboards like social media or reddit (for a variety of reasons). But no, you're doing fine. And good on you for lurking. Just remember that you can ALWAYS lurk moar, regardless of how long you've been around (I've been on chans since at least 2006 or so and I still find myself mostly lurking). That is a mindset that needs to come back.

Whoops, first part was supposed to have a working link back to a post in the last thread.

I got mine today, and it's got the typo on it. It's only on the back cover, but it's there.

I already beat one of the routes, too. Shorter than I expected.
Maya a best

From what I remember hearing from anons in regards to the game prior to it being cleared to come west, it removes the clothes from the girls. Basically a funny way of seeing how many Japanese players would willingly fork over that much money for the option (I think it had some 4 star and 5 star reviews on the JP PSN, so apparently it did get some takers), and I suppose PQube decided to cheekily do so for the west as well.

If I read this right, we can now pull an unencrypted eboot.bin off the memory card/cart already. Unless the eboot is encrypted twice?

Next time, try cutting it to just your important question instead of following with a judgmental followup that displays you've made a foregone conclusion and are simply asking in order to ride some momentary highhorse over the "helpless fools" who have fallen for "fanservice title #3412.

It is.

OK, so, won't decrypting the eboot be impossible unless we:
Find the secret key embedded in the silicon, like the Geohot hack
Or
Somehow trick the OS into decrypting it for us?

I doubt either is likely.

Got my second PSTV today. Now I have one purely for my NA account and one for my R3. If/when I get a second Vita for the same purpose, as well as a shell, I'll be set. Still waiting on a canadian release for Valkyrie Drive…

Well at some point the decrypted data's going to be in memory.

Is it not on the Canuck Amazon yet? It's finally on the US one as of this morning.

I'm here, just read your reply.
The calendar is pretty much useless although it does have art on it… We'll see once I get my copy. There are so many games I want to dump and see what can be done…

Is it worth it to buy a PS TV? It has a cartridge slot right?

Wait what.

It has a cart slot, yes.
Considering what HENkaku gives you, it is worth getting. Take note that some games still don't run even if you whitelist them, as these have additional checks that may or may not be patchable.

I'm a newfag when it comes to the vita. So I have no clue what games work or what. I just discovered the PSTV when I was looking into PS4Golden since I own a ps2 copy. I'd love to learn more.

It's honestly barely even a calendar in general. It has a list of dates across the bottoms of the pages, but there's no room to write anything substantial in it, and it's not exactly situated right to be hung up. I think that the "calendar" part was just there as an excuse to give buyers a free booklet with physical pictures of the girls in it. Not that that's exactly a complaint, just what it strikes me as being.

Tried finding a new PS Vita at local stores and I could not find any at all. Where the hell have they gone?

p4g works fine on the PSTV. Some games reliant on touch controls such as Gravity Rush are not able to run due to a stupidass list that sony has. You can force these games to run with the whitelist hack.

Neat, so it's basically an artbook.

A mini-artbook (CGbook of select images?) of sorts, yes, but there's only as many images as there are months covered (each as a two page spread; starts August 2015 and ends December 2016). Don't be expecting something on par with the likes of the Odin Sphere first print bonus artbook.

will home brew finally bring crash and spyro to my vita?

Anywhere that is not Japan is basically dead land for the Vita. Sadly this happens because Sony are stupid and are trying to kill it, and those memcard prices don't help.
In Japan, the Vita is far more successful since it's an ideal system for the commuting masses.

I'm a bit worried that HENkaku could speed up the Vita's demise, but since the binaries can't be replaced properly yet, there's no piracy so far so it might actually work in its favor.

Well, it's a freebie after all. Dragon's Crown came with a sweet artbook as a freebie, similar to OSL.
I got the hardcover OSL artbook and damn, it's nice.

I wonder how substantial the Gal*Gun artbook is. Its physical size reminds me of the booklets that came as inserts in CD cases such as PS1 games.

It still surprises me that Sony apparently never bothered to ask Activision (or Insomniac and Naughty Dog, depending who who holds the rights to the PS1 games themselves at this point) about licensing them for use with the Vita. I mean, the Vita does indeed do better with a niche audience, but I doubt anyone would mind the ability to put much loved classics that that on it. Especially with the Vita having dual analog that would work better with Spyro than the PSP's single stick likely does.

That's the worst part user.
They are already licensed
Sony just never bothered to fix when it accidentally got delisted

Wait, they somehow got delisted and Sony didn't give a shit enough to fix it?

I'd been under the impression they were NEVER legitimately cleared for Vita usage, and only those lucky enough to exploit a particular glitch (which was fixed within a day or so) could transfer them over.

No because of the larger filesize they had you download it through the ps3 or computer to transfer. It was in that whitelist. But then they accidentally copied the store download whitelist over the transfer whitelist and fucked everything up.

So you couldn't download them directly to the Vita but could still transfer them over, but now you can't download or even transfer them? I wonder how many complaints SCEA's gotten over the years about that. I mean, I still have my PS1 physicals and I could always slap eboots on my CFW PSP, but the ability to play them on a portable with more than one stick would be nice.

They probably doubled down

There's always been two whitelists, and yeah at some point they fucked them up. It isn't the first time either, you used to be able to get Crash Bash on PSN in america and europe, now you can't.

There's a summer sale on here in Bongland at last.
How is Ragnarok Odyssey ACE? Is it any good? I've never touched the series before.

I could maybe see them doubling down or feigning ignorance to the issue if it was a game they sadly might think no one would really care too much about being unable to transfer over (due to being too niche, or whatever). But Spyro and Crash were mainstays of the PS1 library and classics still much loved by people today, and them being absent from ability to be played on the Vita is pretty noticeable.

Seriously though, how much effort would it take to get a handful of games move or added from one whitelist to the other? I mean, wouldn't it just be adding or moving an item within how the PSN is coded, or is there stupid bureaucracy in how things have to be done that might tie things up and no one feels like being the person that has to go through that process for the games again?

I don't know what you guys are talking about

You're in europe stupid different whitelists.

US here. I assume it works with the bong Vita PSN? You guys have a different (and at times lacking) selection of games on your PSN, but it wouldn't shock me if some games also work with the Vita that we can't access here for whatever reason.

I'm going to go ahead and guess there is no real sexual content in Galgun
Please tell me I'm wrong

Not for long

If it's any consolation, they took a fucklong time to even add them in the first place. Plus the PSN sales are total dogshit and seemingly completely random.

GalGun DP, Star Ocean 5, Monster Hunter Generations

to pre-order MeiQ. Still debating on whether or not to spring for that limited edition. It's pretty rare to see the Western release of a game get a boob mousepad.

pre-ordered Valkyrie Drive. Still got about $26 or so on Amazon too.

Henkaku requires 3.60, the latest firmware

maybe soon within in the next few days or a week or two even.

Start with either Afternoon of Darkness on PSP, or the DS port of Hour of Darkness. The first Disgaea game is objectively the only good one gameplay wise 4 isn't bad, but the story sucks in 4. All the other Disgaea games are shit.

Semantics, you still use european region coding and whitelists.

I really do hope you guys are actually able to leave the EUSSR. I doubt the EU will relinquish it's hold that easily though.

And yeah, from what I've seen, a lot of EU Sony system owners seem to prefer to set up US PSNs due to the additional games we have on our store you guys never got (Wild Arms 2 and Xenogears, for examples).

be more specific.

can I fug them? I don't consider upskirts or bikinis or whatever to be anywhere near enough, and are just a waste of potential

Is the PS Vita a dead platform?

It's only dead when you stop playing it.

It's a console game, dude. There's no explicit sexual content.

It's rated E M, not AO. Figure that out yourself.

call me when I can have an H-game on my vita then
Who the fuck came up with this retarded ban anyway? The japs put porn everywhere. Why the fuck is there no porn games on a jap console?

There's not explicitly a ban on H games, I believe. There is an AO rating, after all. The problem is that it's very hard to make a profit off of them, for a number of reasons, so devs don't do it. They sell their H games where they already sell; on the internet.

I hope we get to hear/see more about 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim later this year, because that game might just convince me to buy a Vita.

best girl right here

Go ask your buddies in the comments of a Polygon article.

Have you bought Ys VIII yet, Holla Forums?

Nice

Can you explain this to me?

Nope, sony and all the other console makers will outright refuse you if you try to publish an AO rated game on their console

Where are these things coming from?

A chinese artist making jokes in chinese about the Japanese reading of characters using weibo memes translated into Engrish.

I understand exactly zero of the Chinese internet so you would have better luck asking in an /a/ LN or Manga translation thread since most of the translators here are translating Chinese scans into English.

Too bad it runs like ass and has a wonky translation.

just finished my first run of GGDP, got Maya's true ending. I'm going to do a route of Shinobu's now, but as full-lewdness, since I did Maya's route normally/fairly serious. I can only wonder where this sort of run will get me.

They're from someone's Pixiv

hackinformer.com/2016/08/02/psvita-digital-gamecartridge-gamedlcsavedata-decryption-3-60/

IT'S HAPPENING
Praise the good frog major_tom

That's the armpit pussy girl right, what's she even from?

Dagashi Kashi

I only know this because of the doujins

The show is actually pretty goon, Satan.

It can be fun with friends, but when playing solo, it gets old pretty fast. A few of us here have it, so you might be able to get some multiplayer games in from time to time.

Nah, it's still getting releases.

Don't plan to. I don't like party-based Ys games.

I don't understand why you'd do that.

Yeah, it's basically an artbook depicting various scenes from the game.

This came with a calendar or something, right? Kind of wondering how long that will be available.

The limited edition? It came with a wallscroll, mini art book, OST, some DLC and a pair of panties.

Ah, I thought there was a launch edition available or something.

sadly, there was not. Not even so much as a costume DLC code. I want see these outfits get brought over though they're nice and lewd. I'd put them on every girl in the game. Especially the teachers.

Don't get your hopes up. there hasn't been any major breakthroughs in native Vita CFW besides rejuvinate of last year. It is interesting to see strides being made with MajorTom, though.

Really? My bad, then. That's fucked.

Hell yes, Maya is great. I'm also working on Shinobu's now, but I dont really like her at all and I keep doing poorly on her events. Does her heart have to be at 100% to get the true ending? Have I fucked myself?

Dubs of truth. It is pretty fucked up. No one wants to be associated with lewd games apparently. The funny thing is, they'd probably sell fairly well if sex games got a AAA treatment. Sure they'd wind up being like COD shovel ware, no more so than any other AAA shit, but at least lewd games wouldn't be so hated

America's so fucking retarded in this regard. Any kind of violence is a-okay, but sex is the stuff that gets really hammered down on. I find it amusing that the Japanese are the exact opposite. Lewd and sexy outfits and such are no-problemo, but Violence usually gets censored in some form or another if it's more extreme, or lessening/totally removing blood splatter, etc.

I believe so. The Final Doki-Doki Mode put me over when I was at 95% before the start of the Final chapter though. I don't know how far Final Doki-Doki takes it though, whether it'll do 5%, 10%, etc. I know it does at least 5%, or maybe it would've put her to 100% regardless, since I went for her true route blindly, mind you. I'm kind of surprised I got it in one go.

I'm going to start Shinobu's route when I get home from work tonight, I'm going to choose the Lewd option for her every time I can, just to see what happens. I chose my personality as the Hentai Player starting it out, I think that's the wrong name, but I know it's Hentai-Something.

Hopping between Gal*Gun, Ys 8 and Patapon 3
Gonna start UPPERS this weekend.

Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics
The 999 vita port
What ever Samurai Shodown game SNK ports after Garou, Better be V Special
Waiting for Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo and Breach & Clear to go on sale.

Pre-Ordered;
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II
Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
Neo ATLAS 1469

Damascus Gear+Terraria+Axiom Verge

To finish what I start

Sitting on my PSNBUX until a good sale comes up.

It's it worth 15 bucks? or should I keep waiting for it to go on sale?
I know that feel

It's pretty basic shit. Slow going at first but one you get to B rank you will have access to a wide enough array of parts that you can have several strategies be viable besides

I actually really prefer high speed builds for several types of missions because it makes it much easier to S rank missions despite the risk. Unfortunately good parts don't drop until later in the game outside of rare skill legs.

Chainsaw/Machinegun/Mines is a good combo for clean up as you can bomb into a group blasting away start slicing at the heavy types and then dash away after dropping mines to give your weapons a chance to recharge.

I wouldn't say it is a great game since it is simple and there isn't a lot of variation. It an okay way to grind out and kill some time.

Digimon Cyber Sleuth
Atelier E&L+
Muramasa Rebirth
Money to buy more vidya
Nothing

WHATCHA:

Dungeon Travelers 2, it's really a lot of fun so far. Conette best girl, best VA.

Natural Doctrine

Nothing for a while. I will full clear DT2 first.

>Conette best girl so far
I like Alisia, too, but I respect that choice.

Have fun with that.

Did anyone else's DLC code for Gal*Gun not work or is it just mine?

I've never felt so deflated.

I'm assuming you mean with the limited edition?
because if first print copies were supposed to have one, I got gypped.

Try contacting PQube on their twitter or emailing them.

it's a baby game

twitter.com/DaveeFTW/status/760905695151751168

These achievement names are killing me.

Sword or Adventure? I thought Sword was quite enjoyable back on the GBA. That shit ate up so much of my time. Adventure, though, I beat when I was a kid. Was a simple game aside from a puzzle about walking around trees

Get a load of this guy.

How delicate are these PS Vita game cartridges? Bought a used copy of Dangan Despair Girls that can't be read at all, but my other games like DoA Xtreme 3 and Gravity Rush work fine. Is it possible to fix them or is it a dead cartridge?

Get a few qtips, put a bit of rubbing alcohol on them and swab the contacts a bit, let it dry out and then try running it.

Question for you faggots.
I've got a Vita TV on ancient firmware with rejuvenate.
Should I update for this new exploit, or what?
Is it any better than what I have access to now?

Henkaku has yet to show anything of promise, just keep rejuvinate right now. You should also consider getting ePSP CFW (ARK or TN-V). I only have the modle 1000 vita, but PSP games on the PSVita TV sounds incredibly comfy. Alebit, all the PSP games will look like ass.

Forgot link
hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/RESULT_PSTV_351.html

It's decent but obviously a niche budget game. You have to understand that ecchi games are not simply made to make people jack off. They're either extra eye candy to add to the ascetics or comedic due to how absurd it is. I was playing this with a friend yesterday as we poked fun at it while shooting cute girls with a (Not) Orgasm Gun. It's obviously not made to be taken seriously and the gameplay is pretty engaging in a casual sense. But I'm still in the earlier levels and I hope it gets harder.

Possibly soon on current firmware or am I fucked if I've used the store in the last year? Or was that just a weightless comment based on nothing to get people to post in your gay general?

Nevermind, read the thread shortly after. I don't know why I care, after the fucking wild goose chase that was the Wii U exploit and how limited it ended up being I won't hold my breath.

Last thread had several people coming in asking about piracy. I probably could've worded it better, and left the possibly soon out.

I'm just saying that I've seen actual full sized calendars various games have come with before. I know I've seen a "Purge Party" one for one of the Ar Tonelico games at local used vidya store, and going by the size it was big enough to actually use as an actual calendar if one wanted to. To be fair though, I'm not sure if that was sold separately or was a direct preorder bonus.

I was just saying that the DT2 bonus barely even counts as a calendar since you can't do any actual "calendar" sort of things with it due to the size. Just seems like an excuse to give buyers some physical printed images with the girls in it.

Sword of Mana actually seems to be pretty love it or hate it, at least among western Mana fans from what I've seen (it's also more "reimagining" than "remake" if you ask me, similar to how Super Castlevania IV is the Castlevania I). Wouldn't surprise me if that's why they would go and remake the GB original again instead of using the GBA one as a base. That said, I haven't played the Vita one just yet.

On a related note, maybe I'm wrong, but I seem to recall hearing something about a Wonderswan Color remake of SD1? If so I wonder if that ever got fan translated.

The Entertainment Software Association, circa 1993 or so—whenever the Mortal Kombat controversy popped up. Cemented into actual, genuine company policy during GTA's Hot Coffee controversy, when Ninty, Sony, and MS simultaneously took a stand and said they'd never approve of AO games on their systems.

And they've stuck by that since that time. There used to be titties n'stuff everywhere in Japanese games. Then CERO was created to follow after the ESRB in the early 2000s. So now the best you can hope for is PC releases, which are unregulated by CERO and, as I learned in other convos, not heavily regulated by the ESRB for Valve's Steam store.

Fucking hysterical. Dungeon Travelers 2 was born from a goofy fandisc dungeon crawler staring characters from an eroge. The lion's share of the PSP library consists of vanilla'd versions of eroge of all demographics (galge, nakige, nukige, etc). The ditchonomy is enough to make me cry at times. People obviously pay for sex and sexual content. Kids and adults in various stages and degree naturally seek this shit out. And we adults bend over backward far beyond what's necessary for "protection of balanced growth". I don't understand it. I can't pretend to get the scant beginnings of it.

And a huge reason for that confusion is the people who could provide illumination on the matter are likely already dead, having established this puritanical bullshit ages ago.

GIVE ME YOUR MONEY

Ha ha ha ha ha…ha….haaaaaa.

G'luck, friend.

You mean the game doesn't work or that you can't decrypt it?
If the latter, UDG won't work because it's a 'heavy' Vita game that closes all other processes (including the one you use to decrypt data).

If the game itself doesn't work, follow

P4G undub confirmed. This a pretty big plus IMO.

You can already do it.
github.com/s1cp/VitaGuide/wiki#patch-file

Yeah, I'm working on my copy right now.

What I want to test is that since this basically makes a 'custom' update patch, I want to copy it using CMA to see if I can make my PSTV get the undub patch without ever running HENkaku on it. If this works, it means we could use HEN Vitas to build modded games in order to use them on legit updated non-hacked Vitas in the future (assuming it's the same PSN account operating them, of course).

Leftists bitch and moan how "Thats gross, that problematic content needs to be scrubbed right away."

When you get down to it, those big vidya controversies like Mortal Kombat, Night Trap, and GTA's Hot Coffee mod or "You can kill anyone or run them over!" are preponderated by them. Even the ESRB is made by them.

I've never seen the other side wanting to remove or censor works as much as the leftists do.

Ooh, that would be really helpful, it might even make it a bit easier to distribute undubs and other patches.

I tried it, but it still didnt work.

Maybe it has to do with the condition of the cartridges and I was sold a broken copy? On the left is a picture of Dangan which is broken and looks to have tiny cracks, and the other is a game that can be read like Gravity Rush. I'll try rubbing alcohol again and hope to god it works.

Meant to include a picture for comparisons sake.

Yeah I don't think those cracks are supposed to be there.

How quickly we forget Thompson and conservative soccer moms. There are still many conservatives that blame video games for violence, and demand they be not only censored but never produced in the first place. Evens trump has said video games cause violence.

It would be limited to the same PSN account, it's more like in case you want to transfer between a Vita and a Vita TV you own.

To make the patching easier, xdelta patches should save you some trouble. But I'm sure someone will upload the already edited .cpk file so you can just stick it in with the homebrew FTP and that's it.

Crap, that doesn't look good… How did those slices get in there? If you could fill those cracks with conductive material it should work but be careful to not bridge two different 'bars' or you'll probably short something out.

Yeah your contacts are broken. I don't know what the fuck happened but no signal is going to pass them cleanly if at all.

If you have a soldering iron, heat it up and touch it to where the cracks are. Will it work? Maybe, but the reason it isn't reading is definitely a poor connection at those connectors (assuming nothing else is broken). You can try applying a very tiny amount of solder between the cracks if that doesn't work.

If you have a multimeter that can test for continuity, use it to check both sections of the golden contacts for each pin.

Yeah, if you find that the pins are cut off with the meter, then use a small thin layer of solder to restore its connection.

Trump said that years ago, some people keep posting a cropped version with the date cut off. Maybe he's since changed his mind on it.

I'd say the difference between Thompson era and now was, if memory serves (I didn't pay much attention to games media at that point since I wasn't allowed much in the way of vidya anyhow at the time), the gaming "journalists" were willing to stand up for the consumer and help provide a counter point to what Thompson was pushing. Not the case these days, since it was the journos themselves that got involved in the scandal and now actively hate the very people one would think they'd be representing, and actively support the notion of vidya being "icky" or non "inclusive enough." But I suppose that's another issue than just a "left vs right" thing. Still agenda pushing either way though.

Thompson's whole thing wasn't even that bad. He was trying to gets laws implemented to prevent the sale of M rated games to minors. I'm against even that because it would pave the way for more restrictions. At the very least almost nobody took Thompson seriously, gaming companies bizarrely trip over themselves in their rush to appease SJWs.

Thats what I was worried about. Gonna take this shit back to fucking Gamestop since I paid the 2 dollar protection fee for once, gonna be mad as hell if I dont get compensated or something.

Thats what I'm wondering, what did the previous owner do? Or did it come in this state and he just traded it in for credit?

I got nothing to fix it too, I'm SoL. Did this ever happen to any Vita owners here or what?

Don't pirate if it's good

So does vita have anything to offer besides deprived weeb games?

You need to be careful when running a meter like that. You don't know what those contacts connect to, you don't know how much the components they connect to can handle. It could feed back into the cart and fry it.

This is what I really want.

I've heard of carts failing to read, but it was mainly due to dirty contacts. First time I've seen cracks like these.
Also, the cracks only got up to pin 6, it's weird. Notice how the remaining pins, 7 to 10 all look way better. Maybe the previous user forcefully took it off in an angle from the system?
Also, pin 6 looks quite screwed in the bottom part. Definitely try getting it replaced.

He would be hypocritical considering he lended his voice onto pic related

Oh, sure. Just wait for it, it's surely coming. I'm still working on my US copy dump so I still got ways to go.

If testing for continuity on the short part above the cut and the corresponding long part below the cut for each pin it shouldn't be a problem since it's just testing the same pin to see if they conduct correctly between the crack.

It could feedback through the circuit and kill the dangolrompers.

Wait did this guy just paint over his mustache to cosplay as the joker?

fuck

I hope Freedom Wars gets a sequel

I bought GER a month ago and I still haven't played it.

They already do that themselves.

Yes.

thats funny, i bought NIG a month ago and i never played it either

I thought this game was a joke, it actually exists?

They aren't laughing anymore

Point. There are more components above the contacts where the test would be, indeed.
And considering that the sixth pin looks chipped at one corner, it'd be better for user to just replace it.

He lended his voice to a VIDEO GAME so wouldn't it be hypocritical to not change his mind about vidya. or show that he didn't even mean it and has nothing against vidya

web.archive.org/web/20120514131628/http://courantblogs.com/capitol-watch/house-honors-reps-jack-thompson-john-hetherington-who-are-retiring/
Thompson was a Democrat, he just started calling himself Republican while voting Democrat

I see a new banner opportunity.

Yeah I forgot to add that part in my post

who is he to decide what children shouldnt buy? and why should video games decide either?

Return it and get a new copy, bro.

Where to get other non dlc costumes the in Gal Gun?
I already have old summer uniform and dengeki uniform.

Some absolute retards can't figure out how to take the cartridge out the casing, and end up cracking it across the contacts. Saw it a few times while working at a used game place.

I still consider overzealous christfags and retarded soccermoms to be infinitely less annoying and/or malicious than social justice faggots. The majority would laugh at them, there were no (or very little) social consequences for not kowtowing to morons claiming something was the devil, but SJWs force everyone they can to jump in line lest they lose their social standing, job or worse. They've shifted the narrative so far left that they don't even have to demonize you themselves, the masses that have no actual dog in the fight will do it themselves just to signal how progressive they are. They're not looking to "convert" you, they want to destroy you for daring to express dissent.

To me they're all the same basic thing - garbage people who are so empty the only value in their lives is vilifying and harassing others they deem "lesser" than themselves.

Soccer moms are like that too, as are a fair number of the religious if you fall into one of their many "not ok" groups.

Is it worth it to update my 3.51 vita? I heard about the 3.60 homebrew thing and I wondering if it's worth it

Gonna need to actually FAQ this shit to stave off the hungry piratefags, huh?

No, it's not worth it right now. Be patient and let the crackers test & experiment with the new homebrew.

Alright thanks for the info my man

I've never bought a game in cart form for my vita TV (really only wanted it for PSP CFW), so I've gotta ask, are the cases that confusing, or is this just an instance of idiots being idiots?

a FAQ wouldn't be a bad idea, i'll draft one up to put in the next OP

I updated my 3.52 and the only thing I really lost were the PSP games on ARK and the few PS1 games that worked through TNV. You can install VHBL and have access to PSP homebrews and emulators. The native homebrews are still in development and run worse than what you can get on the ecfw so it's better to wait and see how things develop. Make sure you download the 3.60 firmware update from sony. I don't know if you can update from you PC, I tried it and didn't work for me but maybe there's a tutorial somewhere on the internet on how to do it.

One thing I have to say is that I'm really impressed at the Quake Vita port and I'm really hoping for a full speed N64 emulator as I'm pretty sure the Vita can run it.

Vita's Adventures of Mana looks to be a 1 to 1 of the old GB game. Which isn't bad but it definitely doesn't hold up today. The kinda game you'd give your young kid/niece/nephew so they're playing a gateway RPG instead of typical mobile garbage. Plus it's colorful enough to hold their attention. Also what the fuck is up with wonderswan? I hear about it all the time but I don't know shit about it.

That's weird, my nephews constantly want to play shit like Destiny and Battlefront because they think it makes them more adult.

Shit, nigger, you tell me.

Reminder that there are people on this earth that don't know how to wipe their own ass properly. They crumple the paper into a ball instead of folding a few sheets flat for maximum coverage.

Bitch please. My ass is huge and fucking nasty, folding the paper does two things:

1) prevent me from getting into the deepest corners
2) raise the odds that my fingers will penetrate the paper and having shit on them while trying to get into the deep corners

Crumpling the paper is the only sure way to clean my ass properly and not having shit under my nails. Maybe you use high quality paper but in my shithole there's nothing but easily ripped and thin garabge.

I aim to please.

Mine wouldn't quit Fallout 4. Not that he gets anywhere but he likes it. Told him he could play Alundra on my Vita since he used to watch me play old Zelda games, figured it was close enough. I don't know if he enjoys it because it's video games and he's a kid or if he actually likes it but hopefully he'll try more than whatever M game comes out if he keeps trying new things. should I show him AGDQ backlogs to see if he shows interest in anything from that?

Okay, it looks like a bit of bad design, since gripping the card from the sides and the bottom is pretty dumb since there's no way to easily remove it without some level of force, but it shouldn't be enough to break it, so the guy must have been retarded.
Nintendo DS cartridge cases are better because they hold from opposite sides, and allow you to press on one, freeing the cartridge, and allow it to be easily lifted out with minimal force. I'm going to guess Sony can't do that because it's patented by Nintendo or some shit.

As for TP, I fold unless it's really cheap TP. Then I'm going to ball it, because I really don't want to deal with it tearing.

Are you serious?

You stick your pointer finger under the top of the cart and push it out.

That's because it's held in from the bottom?

It was a handheld that apparently did well enough to justify getting a fair selection of pretty good unique games but not enough to stay alive.

just like the vita

Nah, the Vita's actually done plenty fine, Sony's just gone and drunk the journo Kool-Aid and thinks only the Western market matters and not their own home market, which is why they're going full tilt on trying to push the PS4 when no one owns one here, despite the fact that the Vita is constantly moving units and games and probably the only thing netting them reliable profits right now.

The Wonderswan was a handheld by Bandai back in the day. I'm pretty sure it never came west.

Also, I was both right and wrong about Mana being on it. What I had been thinking of was Romancing Saga being on it, but apparently it was supposed to see a version of Secret of Mana, which was cancelled before it happened.

Does anyone have an already undubbed data.cpk for persona 4 golden? I feel like it would be a good idea to start saving this stuff, since the usual forums are a bunch of faggots and won't allow it to be posted there.

How many games would a 64 GB card hold? I might get a Vita but holy fuck 100 dollar memory cards

It would depend on the game, largest one i've seen is PSO2 which is over 9GB, but most are 4GB or less.

A lot I have only filled about 1/2 of mine and I have 24 games on it.

A lot.

My life is the good life.

Any BRs around here? I'm thinking of buying a few games and would like to know how badly you were hit with import fees and such.

Jokes on you, you got the 2000.

I don't really mind.
If I wanted OLED, I would buy an TV for it, and I am!
LCD is for portable gaming only.

The games STILL look damn beautiful on it.

The 2000 is great. Wish i had one.

Oh, I forgot to ask this here.
If any of you niggas have Neptunia Re;Birth 2 and/or 3, could you dump the unencrypted game files?

You're working on Shinubu's route, right? Have you had any luck? I've been having a shitty time with it; i got the bad ending my first try through, while I had no problem at all getting Maya's good ending.

I keep doing badly on her second event thing, The one where she's stepping on you and having you rub her leg and such. I can't seem to get it to register me when it tells me to "Rub and Suffer" , and I keep getting a "not too shabby" for that event instead of a "perfect". Am I supposed to follow the example hand with my finger, or go as fast as possible, or what? I want this whore's ending, damnit.

Eu só tenho alguns poucos jogos que eu comprei em formato digital. Na época eu paguei cerca de 120 reais por cada cartão de 50 dollares da PSN americana. Daí eu comprei vários jogos de PS3 e Vita em promoção. Os jogos de Vita que eu comprei a maioria custou cerca de 5 a 10 dollares em flash sale e outras promoções. Os jogos que eu tenho são Soul Sacrifice Delta, Freedom Wars, Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment, Mind Zero, Monster Monpiece, Minecraft e mais alguns que eu não me lembro. Eu também tenho PS+ que soma mais uma porrada de jogo, a maioria é jogo indie bosta mas vale a pena.

Pra quem é BR mesmo, a não ser que seja rico a solução é comprar cartão de PSN americana online pra adicionar crédito na conta e depois comprar jogos em promoção.

Tfw my pstv is still quietly waiting for hacks to be released while sitting on my shelf in the box unopened.

I was playing Vita Quake just now and it runs pretty well. I don't know how it compares to the PSP version though. Also, I heard some spanish guy managed to run ARK through Henkaku and apparently he's going to release it in a couple of days. I think it's pretty safe to install Henkaku for now, things are only going to get better. I still don't think it'll lead to vita backups any time soon. What I'm really hoping for is for some N64 emulator. Also, another guy said he's going to port reicast to the vita so get hype.

O foda é que gosto de ter em formato físico, mas com o preço do dólar fica difícil mesmo. Se for algo que me atrai bastante aperto outras contas e compro, fiz isso com o Ar Nosurge+ por exemplo, já que o dólar estava mais baixo na época e ainda evitei taxas trazendo na bagagem de um amigo que estava nos EUA. A Receita não perdoa nada que passa por Curitiba, que são os pacotes pequenos, então estou tomando cuidado pra não levar mais uma pica de 120 no cu além do jogo.

Bem, de qualquer forma valeu a ajuda user, acho que vou continuar só de digital por enquanto e que o Meireles nos salve. Não que eu tenha alguma esperança real disso, mas sonhar não custa nada.

OH SHIT. Is my PSP going back into retirement?

So did they find a work around to the shitty memory cards, or is anything digital still worth he effort.

According to the weekly Media Create sales numbers, for 2016 in Japan PS4 consoles have been selling more units than Vitas for every week except two weeks. The total number of Vitas sold in Japan is probably larger (Sony doesn't give out total Vita sales numbers, unlike what they do with the PS4), but the PS4 has been selling quite well in Japan for well over a year now.

I can guarantee you it is, the market is much more saturated with Vitas than with PS4s, there's much less room for growth.

Better than before, and good for a telly console, but it's still not translating into getting games. Most devs don't feel safe releasing PS4 exclusives, and will make a game for the PS3 or Vita and make a PS4 port to go along with it because the install base still is too small to gamble on.

It'd be great if we could convince those devs to do PC as well, to capitalize on the western audience.

There's no reason to, the PC isn't really a market here, and foreign sales aren't reliable enough to make ventures worth it for most developers.

More and more of them are doing just that. I think Ray Gigant was just announced for PC a few days ago.

For some of the PC ports, they get fairly large sales numbers on PC. The Neptunia games consistently sell more copies outside of Japan, and a lot of that is due to the PC ports.

Just like how it's helpful for sales to release Vita games as Vita/PS4 in Japan, it's helpful to release them as Vita/PC in regions outside of Japan.

As others have said, it depends on the game. I think I've heard one of the largest is Ciel Nosurge at like 11 GB or something with everything downloaded, but I could be wrong.

PY aqui. Pode ser que aqui temos problemas de touda classe, mais as compras na Internet aqui são uma brincadeira. Comprei um jogo de Vita, paguei com o cartão online, e paguei em tasa do flete 5.000G (3 reais).
Os couriers da zona podem fazer envios até o CDE, se você tem contatos na zona poderia passar itens. Lojas da zona possuem jogos tb, mais a seleção não e muito variada.
No caso que você fique perto de Foz em algum dia, definitvamente recomendo fazer uma visita nas lojas em CDE.

Desculpe o portunhol lol

You say "here" as if you're a nip yourself but you'll always be a Gaijin

I say it as if I'm physically located in Japan, which I am and I'm a dirty half-breed, I'll always be a gaijin no matter where I go

Kill yourself cuck.

Franku?

What's it like? Is it one of those places that just isn't a big deal or is its a great place to visit assuming you won't be treated like a baka gaijin wherever you go

Pride? When did pride ever come into the picture? I'm just talking about the reality of the gaming market in my physical locale, not saying it's a good or bad thing.

Isn't he an Ausfailian?

It's a convenient place to live, with reliable public transit and decently affordable. I can't speak on touristy shit much because I'm a recluse who spends all his free time at home playing video games. The gaijin hate is overblown at least for Americans, the only racism I've seen is against the Chinese, and that's more because they're really obnoxious tourists than the sort of hate that blacks and such get in the US

He's an Australian/Japanese guy who lives in Jew York

Ah, fair enough.

The right whines and bitches but that is where it ends. It was democrats (specifically Al Gores wife with some help from queen cunt) who passed a music labelling law and try to outright ban music.
It was two democrats who led the charge against video games and put the laws in place to rate them.

So while it is the right who are the loudest it is the left who is censoring and passing laws.

Oh and I dedicate this next song to Tipper.

Trump could of just been signalling without knowing about the issue when he made the tweet

I finished Shinobu's route before work today. I purposefully chose some wrong options just to get the neutral/non-true ending for her.

As for that part I just sort of rubbed as fast as I could. I got a perfect after filling the meter about 8~10 times each time it happened. Though there are some instances like that where you're supposed to rub in pace with the little pointer finger on screen, like when you're massaging Maya.

Maya's ending was super easy to get. I didn't realize she was easy mode. I'm gonna do Shinobu's route again here in the next day or two, to get her True Ending.

bump

lmao, funniest description ever.

"dark power" is an awfully funny way of referring to jizz.

Related to that: Why do so many faggots (like the ones on cuck/vitagen/) hate PC releases of Vita games? I really don't get why they even care.

At least me personally, I dont hate stuff being released on PC, but I hate getting into console war debates and that usually always brings it up. I just hate whenever anyone gets over the top annoying about it. And half the time people dont know how to actually form an argument and just keep spouting
I dont care what people like, just dont be a cuck about what others like. I get into this argument too much with my friend

I assume you don't know of the Donald's other appearances in entertainment media either…

Some do, not all of them. It usually has something to do with the other people responding with the ol' "ALL THIS SYSTEM'S GAMES ARE GOING TO PC, WHY BUY THIS PIECE OF SHIT" response. Others are just Vita purists and get pissy over PC releases. Getting pissed over Gravity Rush 2 is still justified, though, I think.

That's just low-quality bait though. Only a retard would genuinely not understand the different merits of a PC and a Handheld.

I mean, when any discussion of the platform is 80% bait, you tend to get sick of it after a while. This takes place more on Holla Forums than /vg/, though, so I guess in /vg/'s case, it's just the purists/weebs acting up.

Yeah, one allows you play play games at 1080p @ 60fps, and the other half that… most of the time.

Put my order down for MeiQ today, I'm rather looking forward to it. Cute girls and customizable mechs can't go wrong right?…

'Muh exclusivity' I guess? It's never bothered me in the least.

Ain't it though?

I kinda want to get the MeiQ Limited edition, but if I do I won't get the game until a week after release.

I ended up being able to get past it in the end, basically by ding what you said and rubbing as fast as I could over the entire screen. Those parts are difficult for me, because it's all in Japanese with no English telling you what to do, so I always just sort of….feel it out.

I also ended up on her neutral ending, but that's better than her Bad End which is what I got the first time.

At least that still opened the sister harem route for me.

I would say it's mostly just because people like to toss around that 'The Vita has no games' line, and when almost all of the big-name games are also available on ps4 or PC, the people who spout that shit never stop.

Go for it, a week's wait would be worth it, since IFI's LE's usually wind up being pretty rare. I'd get it if money wasn't so tight right now. I was only able to pre-order MeiQ by cancelling my KOFXIV pre-order. I used that giftcard balance to order VD the other day, and MeiQ today. If i'm able to, I'll snag that LE though, and use that money on some other $40 Vita game. I have a need for that titty mousepad (especially since we never see those get brought to the west in LEs. I hope Extella's gets brought over.)

Yeah, pretty much that's all it takes. But like I said, some of those segments do require a gentler touch, like massaging Maya. I've yet to get a bad ending though Are the bad ends amusing at all? Is there a trophy for getting one? And after getting Shinobu's true ending, i'm going to go the Harem route as well. Then for Kurona, then Ekoro. Hopefully by then I'll have the "Unseen Destiny" option unlocked.

I'm redoing Shinobu's route today, to get her true ending, so I can't mess around with the lewd options like last time. I'm playing on Expert as well, so I'm curious as to how this will go. As far as I can tell currently, the only real difference is you take more damage.

meant to post this as well, dimensions for the "Valley of Warmth"

Yeah, I really do want this.

The bad ending wasn't even amusing, it just felt like a huge waste of time. I'll explain what happens if you get it in a spoiler here, so if you plan to get it anyway don't read this I suppose.

The difference is that if her heart isn't full enough, she won't show up when Maya calls her at the end. Maya says some stuff about how she doesn't understand, and that you and Shinobu were meant to be together, but because she doesn't show up you end up unable to make her fall in love with you by the end of the day and you end up alone for the rest of your life. Also I don't think I even got a trophy for it.

I'm going to try for the harem route soon, but what I really want to do is go after some of those cute teachers. I feel a little cheated that the game boasts that you can choose any girl you like, and then makes it so you can only choose from two from the start.

Same

Sheesh, that's cold. I won't waste my time trying to get a bad end then.

My nigger. Who's your favorite teacher? I'm torn between the PE teacher, Asuka Hattori, and a regular teacher, Rena Kuribayashi.
The Suguri twins are pretty cute too though.

Same here. I thought I'd be able to choose anyone right from the start, but you get either Shinobutt or Maya at the start. I guess after you clear both their true endings, or maybe both of theirs and both Ekoro's and Kurona's, you can choose your destiny or the game will make you exhaust every single true ending for each path before giving you the Uncertain Destiny option

archive.is/H59O2

Pic related and pic related.

Do you think we'll beable to go after the 'ghost' that the newspaper club wants pictures of? I feel like she's just a 'creepy student', but if she's actually a ghost and i can tap that that's also be rad as hell.

I also want to go for the foreign exchange girl so I can hear her moan in broken English.

Aren't Japan and China still considered enemies to each other

Don't know if you guys knew yet, but Root Letter is available on Amazon, as is Steins;Gate 0 I never knew they were available already, nor that the release dates were so soon.

RL: amazon.com/Root-Letter-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B01JHQUS1S
S;G 0: amazon.com/Steins-Gate-0-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B01JHQUTF8

oh god my wallet hurts

Nice, I don't much care for the Kirara the nurse, but Michiyo second pic is pretty good. Michiyo is the milfiest of the teachers as well, which I dig.

Being able to pursue the ghost girl that appears in nearly every level would be awesome. What foreign exchange girl though?

Why are Germany and Australia so retarded

Too bad you can't hide the UI, oh well.

And apparently I actually got the "good" ending for Shinobu last time, which I mistook for being a Neutral end.

It's a glorified commercial. I got tired of listening to sales pitches for japanese sweets around episode 3.

yeah no that stupid weaboo was just faking in order to get people's attention, nothing anyone can't already fake, no real progress

people just love to hear certain shit even if it aint true

Maybe on paper, but in reality at least in the area where I live it's not nearly like that at all.

bump

Has anyone been able to run the P4G undub? I'm trying to launch it but all i get is a black screen. Using the NA digital version.

Most likely a bad copy of the cpk got through FTP. It's rather flaky at times, so copy again.
Is is an xdelta patched cpk or a custom packed cpk by yourself?

I had the black screen too and I thought I packed something wrong, but I FTP'd the same file without changes and it worked correctly.

It's a prepatched cpk I downloaded, is it normal for the size to get compressed after transfer? If it ends up not working again I'll dump my own files and try using xdelta to patch it.

Wait nevermind, I'm retarded. I didn't have enough space for the file.

If the size as reported by your ftp client differs between the two parts, that'd be weird - copy again.

Ohhh, so that was it. Since it's a digital copy you MIGHT be able to nuke the original data.cpk by replacing it with an empty file with the same name. If you're gonna try this, make sure to make a backup of that original cpk first.

Neat.

Can any fellow oldfag weeb recomend some good h-games?

fuck forgot link

wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=46360

Ok, I've been busy at work, and have not been able to respond to people here, so I apologize for that.

Now unto my replies:

I am talking about being open with your translation and work. Anyone can hire a professional translator to do open work on a DVCS like git, This way, anyone can judge their work & flow publicly.
I tend to disagree with this thought. Good translations come from a team of translators and editors peering over your work and amassing resources and knowledge from many sources than just one head.

Hands say female, frame boy. Either way, better nude.

The BSD license is one of the few companies love, since it allows anyone to use the code for propriety software[1]. Sony, lover of secrets and corruption-abuse[2] jumps on anything it can get it's hand on. NetBSD has had a growing group Japanese users[3] since 2006. Since FreeBSD and NetBSD both using the same license, and Japanese students love it, they make the first AsiaBSDCon[4]. Companies like Yahoo[5], hire tons of students from engineering schools to make the best web search engine in the world. The best of the best seem to use *BSD[6]. Sony also looking for engineers[7], at the conventions finds and hears of this "Free" operating system, and starts using it, post PocketStation, and learns *nix is pretty powerful. So in PS2 they hire a ton, I mean a ton of students[8], like crazy amounts. It's what it's called the golden industrious era, 'cause it was a boom for Sony to both hire too many people, and the out-pour of work. Of course, at the time Sony did see more people on their phones more, and wanted to market to them, but still maintain their gaming core audience. Thus came the greatest handheld of all time, the PSP, also using native NetBSD[9], because like I mentioned, there was no real scene with FreeBSD on MIPS[10], esp. on Japan.

The Vita is the ugly version of the mobile genius PSP: touchscreen, camera, button-apps, and tons of really bad hardward lockdowns[11], which should have never happened. In Sony's eyes it was perfect: combined the mobile phone with a handheld, but it lost the purpose of hacking PSP was: allow people to do what they like with their hardware, why it's soo easy to hack.

Complementary read: feyrer.de/NetBSD/bx/blosxom.cgi/index.front?-tags=sony

[1]freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/bsdl-gpl/article.html#current-bsdl
[2]wikileaks.org/sony/emails/
[3]jp.netbsd.org/ja/JP/JNUG/
jp.netbsd.org/
[4]2007.asiabsdcon.org/
[5]zer0.org/daemons/yahoobsd.html
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=10558288
[6]
zoominfo.com/p/Kenjiro-Cho/60589439
sonycsl.co.jp/person/kjc/papers/slides-asiabsdcon.pdf
slideshare.net/junebihara18/osc100th-asiabsdcon
[7]sony.co.jp/SonyInfo/Jobs/
[8]sony.net/SonyInfo/Careers/jphq/
sie.com/saiyo.html
[9]doc.dl.playstation.net/doc/content/dam/corporate/eula/psp-oss/pspnet.txt
doc.dl.playstation.net/doc/psp-eula/psp_eula_sc.html
[10]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_2_technical_specifications#Central_processing_unit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Portable#Technical_specifications
[11]en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Vita#Hardware

Here's my temporary GPG key for the gitgud account you will need to add:
zerobin.net/?514fe34fe59c495d#rQ/tyuNpmh4dvFB9fVB3rdeGrBAS7u9tN1bu5fInzuw=

Note it expires in a month, so copy the public key locally first, so you can upload it for commit access on an account I will create momentarily, if there's is a public account already, I will use that.. Maybe by next thread I'll both create an account, make a stupid DSN just to reply to DaveeFTW and MajorTomVita-s1cp-Some1CP. They seem to depend on centralized solutions for their communications, which is a no-no in hacking and piracy.
I glared really hard when I heard Ryan @Shrinefox uses proprietary discord, and ayylmao Zetaboards: youtube.com/watch?v=RYxaeM3YWQ4&t=5m43s

EDIT:
>s15.zetaboards.com/Amicitia/topic/8535682/
fuck, there goes my money. Maybe I'll get an used Ignition copy, but someone needs to release valkyrie drive
All of these need IPFS hashes, not forum->registration->click show->download on some foreign third party site that does remove copyright material->password protect
>Code: password: amicitia

You can't copy over Jap games currently. When you try it says "Server does not support non-ASCII characters." Maybe a molecularshell thing?

Shukusho Gakuen/Shrink High.

The short answer is yes. Another big issue I sighed was using FTP as a protocol to transfer files and dumps. That's an last century mistake. You use rsync[+ssh]. Assuming they are going for basic commands, FISH is right freaking there:
pkgsrc.se/security/lsh

I'd go 17 steps higher, and implement Gnutella or IPFS, so even if the file is not locally hosted, you can get it anywhere, while keeping encoding and BOM correct.

Any shell implementation this century MUST be using UTF-8 by default.

It's certainly worth consulting the knowledge of others, but I find more often than not other people have very poor understandings of the deeper implications of words, and just are blindly going by a dictionary, and in the end you have to trust your own understanding.

Also good taste in games and Gundams user

>archive.is/G1ENL
smart post. smarter post:

And people learn by remaking mistakes?

>>>Holla Forums, delete your posts, or ask a mod to delete them. Don't spam Vita threads with off topic discussions.

I say: Pirate and donate if good

Need help?

[entire post] [citations needed]
My mom also works in hell.

I missed you mombot-superbus

Oh nuGermany!

duh, it's a tourist destination, there's less contempt. But if we were to go to 千代田区, then we might see more disdain. don't worry, I don't plan on doxxing my 輩

Which is why, again, you must consult with others that know the language culturally, from multiple perspective. While I understand the philosophical aspect of individual interpretation, having access to something publicly allows others to input alternate and differentiating interpretations of the same translation, and localization!

The greatest thing of a public DCVS is the fact that both authors, fans, and prominent localizers can freely review and discuss any and all submissions made to a&for project.

This becomes a many eyes reviewed this, than one candid eye viewed that.

What was the mantra?
EDIT: damn hell it was freaking Nietzsche!
theperspectivesofnietzsche.com/nietzsche/ntruth.html

line 4 on was missing this link: archive.is/PShdL
hopefully, I, or anyone can let s1cp to make IPFS hashes of everything: github.com/whyrusleeping/gx

What?

Eh, there's plenty of contempt for tourists, mainly the Chinese, but it's not racist the way racism happens in the US, just more "god tourists are assholes." As for Chiyoda, well, to be fair any city as big as Tokyo is going to be full of assholes one way or another, see NYC and Paris.

Thanks.

If other people are willing to offer insight, by all means take it, as long as they can explain themselves well. I just think that in general people need to take more intellectual responsibility for their own thoughts and actively interpret rather than accept what they're given, whether it's an "official" localization or a fan-made translation.

Somebody had the bright idea to establish a board of no-fun-allowed faggots, who get to decide that kind of shit, and feel like they have to justify their own existance every once in a while.

I know this isnt a PS4 thread but MOTHERFUCKING SRW IS OUT

is it good?

The same board here in australia that is just as useful as the state run firearm registries.

No one listens to them and just aquires banned stuff elsewhere.

good choice Personally would have picked: "Who the hell is that? Is that some twitterfag?

I think you mean ignorant or zealous racism, which, full disclosure, I am a scientific racist: believer in eugenics, both exist everywhere, even in Sweden!

You personally may believe it's not as profound in Chiyoda, but talk to any political men, they will tell you their disdain.

I concur. I have that more readily on an open project, than a closed, private, and non-noted project.

Take our brief conversation as an example, of what an open system can do, where you are free to see everything in the open as it is.

Placing my faith on one sole individual to localize a game on a website they do not own, to be stored on a single computer with the bias of one person, is not some localization I am willing to invest credence to.

It's called "officially endorsed" localization, vs fan made localization, vs what I am calling for: an open & peer review-able localization ANYONE can re-view & branch.

If it's out on PS4, it's ridiculously easy to port to PC: the base OS is lit. FreeBSD on an AMD board. So much so, see embedded.

I more interested in Bandai Namco trend of releasing an asian english version for a game that they dont want to localize. I hope more company do this so shitty translator can't butcher their games with censorship

It came out a month ago, but since it's just OG I haven't picked it up yet, still need to play through the Z3 titles, and I'm more hype for SRW V at this point.

I was half-wondering if some auto-posting script exploded.

Oh I'm sure they do, but the image that most people I know have of Japan is that everyone everywhere is hugely xenophobic and racist against foreigners the way Americans are against blacks and the like, and in my experience at least here in Nara that's simply not the case.

Can't speak about Chiyoda to be sure, but like I said, anywhere in Tokyo is likely to be as bad as anywhere like NYC or Paris also the general view of Japanese politicians by the Japanese people is that they're retards and/or criminals, and that politics is the realm of people too incompetent to hold a real job

So are you talking about something that would be released for multiple people to use? In that case, for sure, what I'm arguing for is for people to use those as material for consideration if they use it at all, rather than treating it as fact.

And here's another point then - I oppose localization as a concept period, the few good justifications for it already fall under the purview of translation, and the term basically becomes an excuse to run amok and write whatever one likes because that appeals to the foreign mindset (read: the localizer's mindset) more. It's an insult to the concept of translation.

The translation is INCREDIBLY wonky from what I have seen, as expected from the Singaporeans who did the translation.

Still not sure if its actually better than nothing, currently.

The english asian version was just release yesterday

Ah. Wouldn't bother, wrong language, plus I think that's only on the PS4 and not the 3.

blind racism is also pretty good phrasing, iirc.

HUH
HUUUUH. You do know, that to make the "English" you require a localizer, even if on the house, right?!?
The reason the DOAX3 shit happen was because SONY did not want the game released in the west: nichegamer.com/2015/12/14/dead-or-alive-xtreme-3-not-coming-west-due-to-cultural-differences-says-sony-boss/

nah m8, I memorized your diction. even if that wasn't doxxing enough, anyone with a little time can extract the locally cached IP addresses in infinitychan, since they are posted plaintext and unencrypted. It's been documented in endchan's geegeerevolt how-to, why I primarily use Tor here, and my phone bouncing VPNs as I walk through towers.

That'd be Korea, hands down. Not even Merricans are that xeno. The so called rednecks is what you are talking about in North America, hillbilly conservatives nobodies that only give their damns. Those types exist everywhere, however, like in 奈良, they are so small a population.
See North American politics, they mirror each other. Lit. Hillary Clinton, the most incompetent criminal historically running for Presidency not having served in the Military, and retard as fuck, even in ideals!

yes, I've been talking about DVCS for a long time: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_Concurrent_Versions_System
Sample include: github, gitlab, gitgud, and many more.

agreed. You should browse some github projects, and click on the issues tab, it works as discussion platform as well as bug report all in one system.

and here I disagree: ,
I want people to have the complete freedom to choose which type of localization they want. There are some words and phrases that are impossible to translate, even emulate to the target language. It should be your choice, as the client, how you want to localization to go. I don't blame localization companies for the decisions publishers command them to do, even against authors' will. It's why I profusely evangelize openness in projects when possible. DCVS like git, allow me to do that, and more.

Do be mindful, that there are honest localizers that are held by the publisher's demands. I agree that there are dishonest "localizers" that vehemently adlib and make shit up to get an easy pay, those I disdain. I am talking more about honest localization, not "hey let me just blanket remove or completely rewrite these excepts 'cause [insert bias here]"

Fair enough, I can believe that, my stepmother's Korean and that matches perfectly.

>yes, I've been talking about DVCS for a long time: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_Concurrent_Versions_System

Fair enough, we're discussing different things entirely then.

See, I consider working with those as falling under the jurisdiction of the term "translation." "Localization" is essentially a neologism that appropriates things like that that fell under "translation" like, say, honorifics or senpai/kouhai, and tries to use them as justification for making up whatever they want.

It's coming down to a definition difference here, since those are people I would define as trying to be translators rather than "localizers." Anyone who is trying to localize, by definition, is someone who is making up what they like with little to no regard to the original text, and they're definitely the norm at least in video games due to the fact that for some bizarre reason they actually get paid MORE for rewriting shit than for doing their job.

The difference is that no content will be censored and the game will be just like their japanese counter-part.

So what? Sony console is region free, as long as we have the english version available, we can just import it.

That's the beauty of asian english version.

>"Localization" is essentially a neologism that appropriates things like that that fell under "translation"
I personally disagree with this school of thought, even in Academia
My definition is dictionary: wherein a figure of speech or word has no direct meaning to locale, the usage of interpreted speech and soliloquizing must be required in order to emulate the desired effect.

I am against appropriation when "a figure of speech or word has no direct meaning to locale". Anything above that is heresy. It taints the profession.

Take お手玉 as an example. How do translate that?

I actually know the answer, and it requires localization

line 3-4

I still patiently wait for a survey and sources to both of these statement, so that we can legitimize "provable" "norm".

I completely concur
I posted my theory online why Sony did this, and it's simple:
If you create an economic hype by artificially "limiting" a resource-product, you can profit more from the artificially inflated demand.

Problem-reaction-sell solution-Profit yet again.

holy fuck! I POSTED TOO SOON, LOOK AT THIS EMBEDDED!

IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT THE MONEY

this shit is CONFIRMATION Sony practices artificial demand!

Pretty sure all of the big three do. Nintendo did for the Wii (and Wii U?) as well as with certain games like Xenoblade. Cant think of a specific time MS tried it but I certainly wouldnt put it past them.

Not to excuse any of them for it, but its hard to be surprised or outraged at any in particular.

Let me entertain you: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Microsoft_Corp.

You were probably too young to even recall this.

That's what they want, to make it a norm. I say never ever stop outraging, if not, they win.

The game have nothing to do with Sony. You think Sony did this because they want peoples to buy DOAX3 and not because western market is full of feminist nu-male faggot?

It has everything to do with Sony, they are the publishers and licensors for Koei Tecmo, esp. for the DoA Franchise.

The used the fake new wave feminism flag as an excuse not to bring a game that has been in the past been imported and localized in the West.

Although, it's my unproven theory. By shortening the availability of the game across the west, it created the artificial demand they needed to sell the game directly to China, the biggest untapped market in the world, so that even in Team Ninja already localized the game, any importer-proxy agent that wanted to, could sell the game outside it.

This strategy in economics is well documented and taught, esp. if you can control the resource, which in this case, Sony does.

I used the term publishers incorrectly here.They work more like Distributors, more than publishers.

Think of it like the people that burn the copies of games, make the blu-ray cases, and handles all the shipping, that's what I am talking about

So… the publishers?

Are you fucking retarded?

Fuck. I don't like this.

Where have you been?

amazon.com/ViewHD-Composite-Universal-Converter-VHD-168/dp/B00DSSCBZ8

Yeah, I'm going to buy a 40 dollar adapter for a 30 dollar device.

Wow this thread blew up some. I'll make a new thread and post it just before I leave in a few hours.

That what? And where do I add it?

Yeah. I have no idea what I'm doing, I just woke up, and have work in 3 hours.

just saying, the method is there. it's not like you CAN'T use composite cable at all.

"Too many cooks spoil the broth" commercially and fan translations both, I think this is a proverb that shouldn't be forgotten. Far, far too many projects have been outright flatlined because of too much input without enough focus and objective setup.

Organization is far more important than an open source format. The only thing that open source truly prevents is the ability for one person to say "fuck this shit" and take their ball and go home, as has been done also at repeated instances. I will tell you now that both extremes are shitty. A one-person train will leave us all at the mercy of some ejerker who's running for sheer ego. A project with too many hands on it will be inconsistent, run high risk of tone clashing, and faces the real prospect of never being finished in a reasonable amount of time.

Kawata Shoujo path (many cooks) is not the way. Nor is Kiminozo (one bad cook). Honestly, you need to go to the nep threads or /nepgen/ and ask how they managed to get their shit done. Because that's likely the template you'll need to have any project manage to get off the ground.

Fuck up and follow something like Fire Emblem Fates and you'll be in the woods forever.

New thread here: