TOTAL WARFAIL

Fuck this is the worst. Even Napoleon had better hand to hand combat than this garbage-
What the fuck Holla Forums?

Can we stop with this "one post means the whole board said it" shit?

But if I don't instigate something in the OP then nobody will reply to my thread!!!

A majority of people always recommend M2 stating it has the best combat system but this is just a colossal letdown.

try not to get triggered by everything captain faggot.

just play it for the mods, like Call of Warhammer

Congrats, you baited me into replying. Thread hidden.

in your pic, the guys on the back are just watching.

What do you expect them to do? Stab their allies in the back?

No he actually wants them clip into each other and created retarded balls of troops like in the previous total wars because what he considers "good"

They have spears, they can stab they enemy while standing behind their pals.

it would be less problematic, specially when you are placing archers on the walls, where they cant shoot straight because they can't stand near the wall border, also it would help when skirmishing the enemy.

i had more a accurate experiences on medieval warfare on mount & blade than on Medieval 2

Those are spears not pikes, faggot.

And what do you think ancient/medieval battles were like? People didn't just smoosh themselves together, and armies consisted of multiple lines.

Formation are not tighter enough, it's a waste if the frist line isn't supported by the second line, you dont need pikes for that, there would be no motive to stay on fomration if it were like that since you are not using efficently your troops, also since the engine is too rigid whit regiment formations, archers can't support infantry as it was done on real battles (see pics)

also castles are just circles of walls instead of being fortifications placed on strategic locations whit favorable defensive terrains (there are not even moats, trebuchets are artillery, fire projectiles, etc. it's not an historical accurate game

They're in the Kingdoms expansion

Well, in order to get tactics like the pike and bow formations it would take an unreasonable amount of micromanagement, it only works in M&B because the troop count is much less.

And you're right that it isn't historically accurate, it seems to be based more on movie tropes, rather than primary sources.

But I will point out that even with primary sources we don't really know what happens when two armies meet. Nobody in history has really described it in detail.

I don't know man.
In Warband, you don't seem to really hold large armies but bands of soldiers, and there weren't really any formations in it except forming lines.

In M2TW, you have soldiers numbering in more than just hundreds, forming different levels with the first line fighting while the others took their turns.
I'm also pretty sure I read in some history book that the Romans used this, where the first guy keeps fighting and goes to the back of the line when he is tired, and lets the next guy in line fight.

Turn based games are trash

When will you low IQ kids ever learn

Cossacks 2 units clips beetwen each others and still represents well the importance of formations and mobility of the napoleonic wars, maybe if the units "hitboxes" were more flexible towards the movement of allied units and a skirmish stance (breaks formation), you could have the desired effect, i dont think that adding features that lets you address these problems are complex, like that the 2nd row of spearmans doesn't attack the enemy, you can make a condition just for spearmen regiments.

Roman had military 3 phases, i take that you might be referring to the roman pax period, consider that ancient battles were much more massive than medieval battles and cavalry wasn't that decisive.

The series has been shit since they dropped the risk map.

I liked Attila :^)

In Medieval 2 they deliberately slowed the infantry combat down from Rome to encourage you to use cav and archers more. Especially cav. If you rely on infantry in Medieval 2 then you're a fucking dumbass. Use heavy cavalry charges.

Also, Rome 1 is better than M2.