Final Fantasy XV Season Pass confirmed

Worth the wait I'm sure

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/final-fantasy-xv-season-pass-upgrade/cid=UP0082-CUSA01633_00-FFXVSEASONPASSUP

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/final-fantasy-xv-digital-premium-edition/cid=UP0082-CUSA01633_00-FFXVDIGITALPREME

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UC6SwLXItxHuPViPM98XW20g/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Three people gave it five stars so some people must like the idea of paying for something that isn't out yet or they even know they'll enjoy it.

I was thinking the other day about the target audience for this game.

But basically what they're doing is, instead of embracing KH in terms of combat system, they're hybridizing FFXII, KH and Crisis Core in a sort of mild compromise that feels too clunky and slow to be a full ARPG, but too fast to be appealing to traditionalist turn based JRPG fans or even the semi-mmorpg crowd of, let's say, FFXII and the new Xenoblade.

So i was wondering if this is going to sell at all.
The average consumer is too stupid to even realize what this thing is aiming for mehcnically, they just see an "ARPG JRPG" hybrid and straight up think KH, or they just compare it to souls games because they're that simple minded or even worse simply pair it all to generic action games.

I don't know how this game can sell, especially on home consoles, i think there's a market of hardcore Final Fantasy fans but i don't think they're gonna be satisfied with this product, i think it will probably clash with traditionalist FF fans, and ARPG fans alike.

It's going to sell to people who lapped up Advent Children. Teenagers who don't care about the game's substance and will just fawn over the character designs and probably call it the best story in the series because it plays more like Uncharted. You give people too much credit when they've been adoring not-Sasuke since the first CG trailer 10 years ago.

I wonder if that season pass is going to include FFXV-2

That's pretty much right for me. But it's not the gameplay that's the problem, it's the art direction. If I wanted anything close to realism, I never would have gravitated to jRPGs over western RPGs in the first place. If they want my money again, they gotta give me a FF with modern technology and budget but an older style. Ideally FFIX style, but even XII's art direction would be acceptable.

they actually expect this to sell more than FF7. think about that for a minute. just to put it into perspective, FF7 had ads in fucking playboy when it came out. nothing has even come close for this game, let alone most other games period.

They have to want to believe that, the game has been in development hell for almost a decade, with millions sunked into this one game, instead of probably calling it a loss and reusing the assets in a bunch of other games.

Normalfags don't give a shit about gameplay user, especially for already established series like FF. You could give it gone homo gameplay and it'd still sell like candy.

They also made a movie and an anime series for XV. They are going all out on this one,

I dont think you know how many faggots have attached themselves to FF because of FF7, Advent Children and FF X-2.

Remember when the game was going to have you play as an heir to the crystal mafia in an epic that would ultimately have you die in the end?

Yeah, miss those times. I would have put up with all the faggotry and cinematic gameplay if we ultimately got the game in the 2013 trailer. Nomura may have created Kingdom Hearts but he also had great ideas for this game.

How many faggots have detached themselves after Advent children, X-2, and XIII? I would want to see that comparison and see if the FF audience has grown and if it has grown with a videogame playing audience or an internet fandom audience.

Never. All we got were screenshots and gameplay snippits with a TBS at the end of every trailer. Having any faith in this after watching the Lighting Saga was setting yourself up for disappointment.

Don't forget the fucking car.

I feel bad for forgetting about the damn car

And there goes any interest I had for this game.
Bravo Square, your hack nature proves itself once again!

Webm is they're target audience

These vids are a goldmine: youtube.com/channel/UC6SwLXItxHuPViPM98XW20g/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

How is this an FF again?
Where are the FF apologists and shills now huh? This game is going to be shit, its going to sell worse than the whole lightning series and y'all know it. Its a pity we'll probably have to say goodbye to Square Enix (I mean, they have gone senile and jew-y) like Konami No more Suikoden. A good FF-12 remaster never ever

This is like expecting the Super Bowl to not have ads in the half time

Season passes are always retarded.
But FFXV must be doing something right, because they've got my attention with this game. I hate weebshit and have never played a FF game (except a little bit of VII). But I love the theme of brotherhood and road trip bonding stuff. I also hate turn-based combat, so their move to action combat has me interested, too.
I'm not saying that should make it any better in the eyes of FF fans, just that I think they're going to be successful in trying to court an audience that wouldn't have been interested in a more traditional FF game.

I'm pretty sure only the first three FFs are turn based. The rest had ATB.

ATB is turn-based with lipstick on.

Don't forget about the new Final Fantasy Kingsglaive movie and those slightly amusing Brotherhood episodes that are expanding on the characters backstory which I'm assuming won't be in the retail game. Knowing that one of the party members used to be fat and he worked hard to thin himself to be by the side of the prince when he got a scented letter for saving her sister's? kitty, really was eye-opening. Animation money well spent.

fucking FFIX

I watched the razorfist play through of the demo out of curiosity. It was fucking nothing. I stopped playing after 10 and never looked back- they just don't have a single clue how to make an entertaining game that isn't a turn based RPG, and I think they should go back to that system of game play, but I guess I just love spreadsheets.

So… do the suckers who already pre-ordered the digital edition already have the season pass, and this is just to milk a few extra shekles out of people getting it a month before release? I don't understand what SquareEnix is thinking with this.

AC was shit, but the other 2 are still solid titles.

Can we just say goodby to square instead and let Enix absorb and revive their abandoned series' like Chrono, Mana, and Crystal Chronicles? And Dewprisim.

Can't revive games that live purely on nostalgia like chrono trigger, half life, etc
As soon as you announce it, people will start bitching it's just not like the original etc etc.
What the fans really want is just pretty much the same game but with new content, but then the ones bitching will be the reviewers and newcomers who will bitch about it not being original or improving anything, that is why old games like these stay dead

Not entirely sure what this has to do with my post but… neat I guess?

I liked Chrono Cross though.

TEN
FUCKING
YEARSSSSSSSSSSS

Ten fucking years for this shit. Shit, it doesn't even look like the thing Nomura had originally envisioned. It doesn't even look like it knows what it's supposed to be. Yeah, nah, fuck that noise. Final Fantasy can fucking rot in hell for all I care.

It looks fine, stop sperging.

it is not fine. you are and idiot

Can Nomura even finish games that aren't handheld shit?