DS3 Thread

Post your newest character

DLC when

preorder now

Let's list things that were fixed/improved in the patches:

-Enemies have slightly less hypearmor/poise (SLIGHTLY, very SLIGHTLY less).

-Caestus do slightly more poise damage and a decent amount of more damage.

-Brigand twindaggers do more damage

-Sellsword twinblades do more damage and don't have that bug anymore where attacking in dual weild mode would do less damage than a single one handed slash

And that's all i can think of.
Poise is still turned off, enemies still have a disgusting amount of hypearmor on 90% of their attacks so most of your weapons can't do shit when they're doing certain moves, so the game itself is still fundamentally mechanically rushed and broken.

Also if i see one more stupid motherfucker claiming straight swords are OP, when they don't understand that they're actually balanced and what is actually happening is that their moveset lends itself extremely well to the way enemy hyperarmor on their moves work, while also giving you tons of hyperarmor on many of your moves, i'm gonna beat the shit outta them.

Straight swords aren't OP, they're just very well suited to the current hyperarmor system and that makes them SEEM to be OP, when the truth is, to put it simply, DaS3 is a fucking broken game and certain weapons perform better within this broken system.

Meanwhile everyone spams Estocs, Washing Poles, and Carthus Curved Dick

Post how to fix Dark Souls 3 instead.

There's a big difference between something being OP, and something being normally balanced BUT THE GAME ITSELF IS BROKEN AROUND THAT WEAPON.

DaS3 works like this:

-enemy attacks
-hyperarmor is applied on the move

Hyperarmor in DaS3 works like Enemy Poise + added Poise for the duration of that attack = total hyperarmor during the animation.

So, what is actually happening is that big, slow weapons that would break the poise in other souls games, thus making sense for you to use them because you're trading speed with physical poise breaking power, don't work as intended because with this incredibly retarded hyperarmor system applied over everything AS they're attacking you, means that a guy with a small ass sword will interrupt you 6000 times as you're trying to swing and when you land a hit on him, he will hyperarmor past your hit and get you.

This is not the fault of the fucking smaller weapon.
If can "nerf" it, but it's not really a fucking nerf, you're just breaking the weapon to fit your broken as fuck core gameplay design.
This isn't balancing!
To truly balance DaS3 THE ENTIRE GAME SHOULD BE REDESIGNED.

We've had two fucking games that had basically no poise whatsoever, DeS and Bloodborne, and in both of those games we didn't have these fucking problems, guess why? Because they were PROPERLY DESIGNED around the lack of poise in the first place.

DaS3 is this goddamn mess that doesn't know what the fuck it wants to be, it has less poise than DaS1, yet more added poise in the form of hyperarmor out of any souls game ever made, the result is a mix of the worst aspects of this series all focused in a single title.

The only reason why DaS3 is still better than 2 is because enemies autotrack less and there's less instances of fucked up attack hitboxes.

Have they fixed the game yet?

This won't fix shit m8.
This game is easy, you want to make it easier?

I've finished it 3 times, new character every time.

Its replayable if you are willing to use different weapons. This is my 4th run through and its still ok.

The only "fun" I've had rolling new characters is making a rush for Mound Makers and fucking with people at a low level. I think a lot of the game past the swamp is shit.

I almost bought SOTFS the other day out of boredom (never played that version) then realized the box for DS3 was sitting right there and I never finished NG+. It's just that forgettable.

POISE WHEN ?

It's working as intended goy. There's a mod out there that lets you have poise, but if you use it for online play you get banned.

They made it very difficult to avoid damange, but they added too much estus so the health system is basically about mashing as much damage as you can and roll away to heal. It's basically arpg-equivalent of recharging health, and just as boring.

At first glance Dark Souls 3 seems like the best in the series, but the more I've played it the more I realise it's the most unbalanced reddit-teir Metafest of the series

Bloodborne is still the best

you mean scholar is the best

I loved DS1. I hated DS2.

Should I play this game?

I agree with this. Ill add one more though:

There is no real point in having weapons like the Great Wooden Hammer in the game.
The system bloodborne had where each weapon type had just one weapon for it I think is much better.
Easier to balance. More refined and focused.

I've played it plenty so I can tell you this with pretty good certainty:

If you can find it at 35 dollars or less, it's a good purchase.

Pirate it. I'd argue it's about as bad as DaS2.

and i'd argue that ds3 is far worse because of the shit tier ng+, awful weapon balancing, nearly worthless magic and miracles, memetastic story, and nostalgiafag setting and characters
and that's not even going into the multiplayer aspect

If you honestly believe Scholar of the First Sin is better than Dark Souls 3, you are fucking retarded.

DS2 functioned on hit tracking, adaptability shit, linear design, shitty bosses, lifegems, and a bunch of other shit that fucked the game up.

I can't even fucking remember because I haven't played it in a year.

don't forget how every build was viable in both pve and pvp, 2 had more fun and unique weapons than 3, all the covenants worked and were unique, bonfire ascetics are the single greatest item in any souls game because they allow you to choose your own difficulty, the NPCs were more complex than in any other game, and 2 also had the best methods of exploration in all the unique ways to interact with the environment and characters to reach new areas

Too bad you have to use bonfire ascetics in order to respawn enemies after a while. Did they fix that? The hate for lifegems is the as the hate for all of the grass in DeS.

They never fixed despawning. This is a personal opinion, but I don't mind having some enemies be hard to farm, or even things like the Pickax, personally. And you can get infinite ascetics pretty easily, so it's not a huge issue either way.

And, grass could be speed munched. There's no lifegem that just returns you to 100% HP while you're running from a gangbang.

So is paladin viable? I mean like high strength and high faith build

Get the fuck out.
DaS2 was utter shit, and scholar didn't fix it.

Company of Champions (another "difficulty adjuster") removed the extinction system. If you needed enemy respawns or just wanted a tougher game you could join the covenant, the only "drawback" is the inability to summon but if you're after a challenge you likely were playing solo anyways.

The meta has you go for STR and DEX, so it'll probably work.

Pick a weapon that infuses well with Lightning, standard Longsword is always an option if you are not sure.
Learn the Miracles you like, Lightning Spear, Lightning Weapons, and maybe a heal is base I guess.
It is good but you will probably be at a very slight disadvantage.
You will need to go for SL 110 - 120, and will get matched with better players overall.

The covenants have never worked

You can use anything you want in PvE.

In 2? You're a god damn retard, they ALL worked exactly as advertised and were all different from each other. It's the ONLY time covenants have properly worked.

I just want to phantom palabro for dudes

Funny considering most of the covenants are completely empty now since there is literally no incentive to be in any of them.

Wow you mean nobody plays Pokemon Black any more? What a shocker!

what do

I beat the game 3 times, different builds. Its an okay game, but it is nowhere near as bad as 2. I still enjoy 2, but it is like the SimonsQuest of castlevania. I also just got to borrow my cousins Ps4 and now get to play Bloodborne, first boss on the bridge was dirty easy. Any tips you dudes have for the game?

Except you mongoloid, most of the covenants were empty EVEN WHEN the game had initially come out.

Blue Sentinels and Rat King have ALWAYS been empty.

okay sure they have champ

tips for bloodborne?
Health and stamina actually matter, so pick a stat you like, which should be strength all day, and dump into those three every time you can.
Arcane lets you use spells, which don't really show up until a ways into the game, I never really found any in the first place actually, the dex of the game, which I can't remember the name of, scales with the light and fast weapons, but those a shit, so don't do that unless you want to use cane whip, because that's really the only reason I'd dex; fashion builds, and lastly bloodtinge increases your visceral attacks and I think bullet damage? Something with the guns and parrying and all that is blood tinge, which is pretty much also useless because I never parried in the game until I decided to just dick around with it and then I started getting through shit even easier than before. I honestly suggest picking up the hammer and nail, that is the church hammer and greatsword, and just trucking along with those, because the sword swipes with those and the heavy blunt and slicing damage the two handed versions do is top notch; hammer is great for stun locking big guys and the nail does great reach attacks for guys you don't want to be too close to.

Bloodtinge builds are pretty much only worth it if you know what you're doing and are willing to wait for a while for it to actually be ok. Get some bone marrow, put that shit on your gun, do about 700, or maybe a lot more with a full Evelyn, dmg with the shot, then add your visceral dmg. Hilarious with how the bone marrow trivializes Amygdala and helps a lot with Ebrietas. Since a lot of bosses can be parried, Gascoigne and the final boss in particular, gittin' gud with it might help you in the long run. Timing isn't hard at all, really.

If you've already invested into the other stats like strength, don't both with bloodtinge much. Just use your gun as a parrying tool or slap some bone on a cannon for a burst on a target.

I am fond of the saw cutter weapon so far and just meleeing shit. How does parrying work? or does that even exist. I beat the first boss with out being hit once.

I actually discovered it by accident. You shoot them as they are about to attack you. Pretty similar to the timings of the other games I think, but now you can do it from range. I think you can do it from any range, so you can play it safe and fish for them if you're uncertain. You have about 2 dashes worth of time to get the visceral.

strength build it is.
V-attack is just press the shoot button when being attacked, like dark soul's counter hit system, only it makes them stunned instead of just poking for more damage. From has a hard time making attacks that are challenging to read without being instant attacks, so countering with a shot should be cake if you do it often enough. Another thing is I think every single thing in the game can be parried, unlike souls, which only allows you to parry things around your height; this breaks the game. If you pick up the axe also, it has a spin move for its two handed charge attack, which stun locks really fucking easily; you can kill the white pickaxe giants in like three swings with it and without it ever attacking you. The hammer does about the same thing, and if you press the heavy button again after a full charge swing you do a follow up that launches the enemy away too, or at least staggers a little more.

Rip and tear it is then brother! Oh, I see, I thought the guns where just for stunning

You can also use the guns to just do some piddly long range damage with a str build, but that's only if you get really low, and that shouldn't happen because you're going to be playing in their faces and really hard, right?
Riiight?

I AM GOING TO FUCK THEIR FACES SO HARD

guns can be strong as hell if you build for them
there's a cannon build that one-shots most bosses

Fuck gun builds, you can't even dual guns

Only game in the series where I only made one character. Autism made me go all the way to NG++ for the Platinum and build optimization (basically, how much VIT I can scrap thanks to the +2 Ring of Favor).
The DLC really has its work cut out. All the games had great DLC so I'm kinda optimistic.

Beasts are weak to Fire and Serrated weapons, Kin are weak to Bolt, Thrust and Blood and Undead (mostly the Chalice enemies) are weak to Arcane. Arcane builds can exploit this really well by placing Fire gems in saw weapons and Bolt gems in Thrust weapons like the Reiterpallasch or Ludwig's Holy Blade.
Speaking of gems, for every build but Arcane, Radial-Radial-Triangle is the optimal gem set-up.
Not so much a tip but a recommendation - provided your cousin got the DLC, you gotta make a Arcane build (complemented with STR). Best Moonlight sword in the series (very viable and, most importantly, super fun) and the Kos Parasite is…quite something.

I'll have to respectfully disagree. Firstly, Visceral damage scales off Skill and, as for the weapons, Blade of Mercy can let you go ham on anything with a damage multiplier for the dodge attack (which is Thrust, so it fucks up Kin even more), the Rakuyo, Church Pick and Saif are also pretty strong.
Sure, Pizza Cutter is arguably the best weapon in the game but in BB, I don't think there's any build that is bad for PvE. I got 5 - SKL, STR, SKL-BT, ARC-STR and STR-BT and I think they're all good in their own right.

STR-BT is extremely niche as the build is going to be built around the Bloodletter but it's worth it. The weapon is absurdly strong in both forms.

I need to get back to the Hunt and finish my STR-BT build. Haven't played the game in ages.

I am trying to keep it as Castlevania-ish as possible.

then you want the threaded cane

My PC sounds like a fucking jet engine when I play this game, I don't like it. That alone discourages me from booting it up. I had fun with it, but poise is fucked, I'm not sure if I like it. Hyper armor was in DaSII but that game had poise that worked like in the first game. I just don't fully understand it. I was reading a thread on plebbit fuck you it was the first thing that showed up when I Googled Dark Souls III poise in which some faggot thinks he cracked the case. Basically he was saying that the amount of poise your character gets from armor directly influences how many hits you can withstand during hyper armor animations before you get staggered and how much stagger damage certain weapons will deal. If that's true, the poise is mostly worthless unless you want to walk around in heavy armor all the time.

Also, since all the armors are basically the same and practically made for fashion souls, just put on whatever you want, but I highly suggest gasqwang's set because it makes you look like murder priest, and later when you get the church clothes, switch out the boots and gloves since they are strictly upgrades and look cool.

They fucked up poise to make it more like Bloodborne and I had the same thing with the pc sounding like it is going to take off to outer space. Fromsoft really doesn't know what they are doing anymore, or if they ever did in the first place.

Bloodborne was better after all

I hate games like Dark Souls that take zero skill and force you to play in a certain way

I finished 2 but got bored out of my mind in less than a hour of playing 3. SAME FUCKING SHIT ALL OVER AGAIN, fucking jrpgs are all like this, you play 5 minutes and you know you will be doing that same shit for a hundred hours like a brainless gook. What a fucking retarded genre.

Its true gook, it doesnt matter class or whatever, you can only play this trash one way. Unless you use magic which is drooling retard mode, and im not about to play as a boxer and take 10 minutes to kill each enemy just to show off to casuls like you.

I don't understand why people even bother trying to make waifus, even the few who manage to git gud with From's retarded sliders.

are you new to gookshit games? the make one games and rehash it for 20 years or so.

anyone wanna share some sliders or knows where to find ones that aren't shitty, i want to redit and all they had was sjw tier characters or reptilians?

also the game has very little replay value IMO, i think the best part of DS is the exploration, once you done that and all left is to min/max your stuff it turns really boring

are we posting knightfus?

If anything, you'd expect gooks to make better waifuable character creation and avoid shit like broad shoulders on female models.

Only if that was on the first game. Now its ogre, they have some 6 year olds copy pasting and making the new games while they snail pace something new that sucks less.

You can do this and not get banned.

No. Fuck off.

At least i didn't pay shit for it
w8ing for the DLCs to fix it

The first one is supposed to be out in the fall.

are you saying DaS2 has good replayability?
are you having a stroke?

Better than this one does.

I'm currently rolling with 40 str 45 faith and it works fairly well. If you wind up needing 50 faith just use the saints ring or something.
Lighting or darkmoon blade, tears of denial and sacred oath (or great magic barrier for mages) works wonders. The only hard counter I've noticed to my current setup is that ultra greatsword wielders tend to be able to r1 spam and use hyperarmour to hit through all my attacks, and outdamage me pretty quickly. Greatclubs/hammers seem to be too slow on the windup to have that effect.

At least DS2 had more than 2 or so viable builds.

caps out at 1500 damage with BMA and other nonsense.
Well I mean if you're playing unpatched it can, but bloodtinge got patched into the earth.

Too bad you don't get either of those until NG+ unless you want look up a guide on where the DLC entrance is. "Go get hit by this insta-kill attack, if you have an item it'll magically teleport you to the DLC instead!"