Dwarf Fortress thread

How is your fortress/adventure doing?

Mine is going great, I'm so famous that I can travel with 5 companions. I'm currently doing monster hunting quests for my lord and when I'm done I'm going to start a goblin holocaust.

Have you ever tried playing as a dragon or any other megabeast in Adventure mode? You get to use Dragonfire as a natural ability, I had lots of fun burning elves. Just add [OUTSIDER_CONTROLLABLE] to the creature and you can play as one. However you might have trouble eating because you might not be able to grasp and when you begin your adventure it's highly possible people will begin attacking you. Drinking isn't really a problem though because you can drink the blood of your enemies off of your body.

That's something that isn't too hard to fix. Might as well do it while modding the file.

Yeah I forgot you could do that. I also have to try the Bronze Colossus or some random animal too.

Watch out for rivers as a bronze colossus. They can not swim at all.

Download a Legends Viewer and look at history of night trolls. What the fuck. I thought Toady One was against sexual content in Dwarf Fortress. For those of you who have not read about them here is how night trolls work: There can be many night troll species in a world. Each night troll species has randomly generated physical traits and one gender. A night troll that is created in world generation captures humans, dwarves, and elves and rapes them which turns the into creatures called night trolls spouses. The night troll then uses the night troll spouses to reproduce. It is like the plot of a hentai manga. I want to read that.

I used to really like the game but it feels like the most recent update arcs just keep adding busywork and fluff that doesn't really affect anything.
I just don't care than two family clans in the world history will raid eachother for artifacts. Let me make fucking scaffolding for easier vertical projects, fix your FPS bugs, goddamn

Stop being triggered.

He is. This isn't sexual, it's a hardcoded case of a monogendered species seeking out an appropriate mate of the opposite gender. You can easily reproduce this (no pun intended) using castes and custom races

toady im getting real sick of this shit

Haven't played in a few months, but I've contemplated hosting a "Holla Forums fortress" general in which we collectively run a fort. We could vote on major decisions using poal, and posts with dubs also influence decisions, with trips or quads overriding all. Any decision made about the fort would be done by Holla Forums, and the fort would probably fail spectacularly. It would also probably be very memorable.

I would post updates to the thread in the form of screenshots and detailed descriptions of the carnage.

Would that be fun?

Nigger it is clearly Toady One's sexual fantasy. Why else would something so bizarre be in the game?

I meant to reply to

Make it a drunk succession game.

I wanted to do a succession game at first, but I don't think the turnout would be very high, since maybe ~5% of Holla Forums can play Dorf Fort. It would be easier to hand the decisions to Holla Forums (build a yuge wall vs. kill all elves, you get the idea) and then do all the hard/boring/complicated parts myself. That way, everyone wins.

Yeah, that sounds like a good plan. It could work on a first come, first serve basis, as long as the post has "Dorf Name: (insert name)"

What's so odd with fantasy creatures kidnapping spouses for themselves? It's a staple, mate.

Now, all those animal peoples, they are Toadkin's fetish.

Or you know, Berserk.

Toady is just trying to make the world and history to feel as alive, and real as he can. Because you know, that's what the game is actually about.

It isn't really about your dorf fort, it isn't really about your adventurer, as it is about the world that they are in.

Shame he overlooked the fact that in world gen goblins don't eat, they never sleep, they never stop. They're immortal and cannot die of old age. They constantly swarm out of the gates and due to that they outnumber all other races the longer world gen goes on.

Not dying of old age means that eventually almost all the heroes and historical figures later on are goblins because they have the time to gain more and more skill and accomplishments.

He'll fix that eventually

Fuck goblins.

Just give them a lifespan in the raws. It's hard to find a number that doesn't result in their total extinction, though. Everyone attacks goblins so voraciously that, unless they have a solid core of immortal badasses leading them, they don't last more than a couple of hundred years.

Much to my dismay, Elves survive forever almost no matter what. Turning their baby-child maturity ages to 300 and 600 years helped a bit though.

Not really
Goblins are weak both economically and physically. You'd sooner find a world where only humans live than a world where goblins took over.

Goblins are pretty much always led by demons so I guess the demons give them immortality in exchange for their servitude

It seems that when you are a Bronze Colossus you are almost untouchable, even the Bogeymen glance off. Punching people to death is very fun so far.

Is there a way to slow population growth in world generation without capping it?

time for story

The last heavily shaken and possibly injured dorfs turned the fort into a memorial to the massacre before abadonning it (or dying) is fun.

He's against stuff like players Modding in raping a child and people farms. Otherwise he's perfectly okay with the child soldier program (which by the way is now a resounding success) and other things. Sometimes he does stupid things like set the gay to straight ratio he put in to an impossible to be sustainable level because faggots says that's correct.

Not really a problem for me, I just run my world history for about 15 years because doing a hundred years makes a game lag badly every season