Ground Zeroes was better

Ground Zeroes was better.

it really was doe

These numbers were better

Swing and a miss.

It was. Even the graphics, because it doesn't have the fucking awful mesh rendering or whatever that shit was in Phantom Pain that fucked up hair.

I disagree but I understand where you're coming from. The sense of disappointment is palpable still.

For example I'll never forget dipshit sitting in the back with Skullface having a weird conversation and then they just stop talking and the song plays. I thought, "This can't last long." And then it lasted the entire song. I started laughing.

The game itself was the same as Ground Zeroes except much bigger and much better content. Story was pfffttttt.

Daily reminder that in Ground Zeroes you play as the real Big Boss and in Phantom Pain you play as some faggot imposter.

How are you unable to understand why people like GZ? Are you this dumb? The game was absolutely not "the same" or even close to "just much bigger." Yes gameplaywise the mechanics of the game were polished, but the level design was atrocious. People liked GZ because it was a very well constructed level in which alone you could have spend dozens of hours and still feel fresh and entertaining. No other place in TPP came even close to the level design complexity of GZ, instead it was just "muh sandbox," while GZ was actually the better sandbox game, because the box was better. TPP was sand corridors with barely mediocre to shit camps.

I am able to understand and I loved GZ as well. However, you playing that one level over and over again because it was designed that way is a big expectation of a large game.

The levels in TPP had different ways you could approach them in the exact same way with more variety than were available in GZ. Whether you liked them as much might be indicative of your hopes for the next game which clearly didn't live up to your expectations and nearly every persons expectations including Hideo.

Also, suck it.

What a great meme! You can bright different buddies, snipe everyone from outside, go in and be Rambo or even stealth inside! All the options, thanks to being OPEN WORLD! Buy now!
And that is actually contradictory to your previous statement in the previous sentence where you say you can't expect that from a large game, which just means you should kill yourself.

Also, kill yourself.

GZ only had a few ways to the objectives. TPP had a lot more gadgets at your disposal as well as different ways in and out.

Phantom Pain is the most western of the MGS titles, Kojima took all the criticisms of MGS4 and then made a game at the opposite end of the spectrum. The open world meme is what did the most damage, not every game should be GTA.

I guess without having the bloated campaign of same old missions repeated as requirements to complete the game, it was. Still doesn't feel right that you have to pay for what is essentially a demo.

Phantom Pain doesn't feel like much of an MGS game though, it's like the spin off of an MGSV game that doesn't exist. The VR missions of MGSV.

You poor thing.

Same gameplay. If you didn't spend as much time attacking every camp with limitations the game put on you because the game MADE you, then I'm sorry you missed out. Playing the game in Subsistence mode because you wanted to is really fun.

Also, no, because I'm smarter than you and that would be a disgrace to future generations to let someone with so poorly thought out arguements let their MEMEs spread.

You sound like a massive retard
Don't fault the game because you don't want to play it.

Best thing about the game.

I'd have preferred they made her the main character with Big Boss as a supporting role. It would justify the silent protag at the very least.

Gee, not a single person can actually say anything good about the level design. It is great having arguments with you. Just a little strange that even when the game came out and you would be hard to find such stupid fanboys.

Again not arguing the level design and saying the obvious that they wouldn't include all the weapons in the paid demo. Contrary to the general believe created by modern gaming making new and funny weapons is not hard. It doesn't take much time and skill. It doesn't even require much of balancing if you are going to excuse it with "it is just for fun." Level design! Who needs that! It requires a lot of time and effort!

I have nothing against it and I have done it plenty myself, but statement was fucking retard and it has nothing to do with either the level design or even the "variety" of the weapons argument, as you would have no weapons. It actually even decreases the "variety of approaches" you talked about. You just said it thinking it makes you a special hardcore snowflake on Holla Forums.

I only have 150 hours in it. Totally didn't want to play it. inb4 "But how do you dare to have negative opinions about it if you have played it so much!"

Make way faggot. Here's the best bro

You have no explanation of why that is retarded and you haven't broken down how any of the level designs are poor. Saying Subsistence is a fun mode doesn't take away from the fact that you still have a variety of approaches. You even went so far as to assume why I was making that statement. You did try, though. No S Rank for you, though.

So you played 150 hours of it and yet still didn't try different strategies or mixing up your weapons?
What are you, autistic?

Open-world was a mistake. Even with all the shit this game went through if it wasn't open world it could have been good. But open-world is a design philosophy that is inherently ADHD/autistic and unfocused.

mgsv was the worst, most boring, most repetitive mgs game with 90% boring filler missions

MGSV is more boring and repetitive than even Fallout 4. The enemy marking and seeing through walls mechanics are casual as hell.

Muh Subsistence. You can do that in any game. Yes, you are not some super gamer for repeating.

What a great top notch assumption.

I'm still waiting for that lie that MGSV and ground zeroes will interact with eachother in ways "never before seen"

Turn off reflex and never mark. There, you've made the game harder.

The ways never before seen were the fact that you had to pay for a glorified demo for a boring unfinished game with microtransactions

Even worse Satan, NTR by your own son

Hal did nothing wrong

Why does he wear the eyepatch?

yah no, if there was an actual hardmode like in GZ I could see your point, but the fact of the matter is the game on it's own is incredibly casual no matter how much you try and mess with it, the only time difficulty is ever a factor is in the Subsistence versions of missions where the game actually plays a bit more like the missions in GZ did where you have to find shit you might need for completion in the level itself

Have fun, user.

Yes it was.

MGS should have ended with 3.

It wasn't just Konami, Kojiima was tired of Metal Gear.

But they couldn't just let it go. Same with Halo.

I kinda want to replay TPP because the hobo phase was cool, and maybe I was too harsh on it my first time around, but fuck how long it takes to play and the retarded padding in Chapter 2

You can't turn off marking. You can play without a binocular, but it means not having a binocular.

ALL THE INCONSISTENCIES WILL NEVER AMOUNT TO NOTHING
REMINDER SKULL FACE WAS FUCKING OFF IN A JEEP YET SOMEHOW TELEPORTED BEHIND ST-84

I hate that I have to wait real world time to develop shit. I hate that I have a cap on the amount of credits I can have at any given time, so I can't just grind my ass off to get an incredible amount of credits and sit around doing fuck all while my R&D team work overtime. Aside from the repetition, which can be broken with ingenuity, these are my main problems with the game. I don't know about MGO because I pirated it and fuck off Konami I won't buy this game until it's less than 10 dollars because fuck you it's not worth it

skull face was a figment of your imagination, a hallucination
hence him appearing behind you when you brought back sally

But…there are hard modes. You simply unlock them later in the game. I don't get it man. The game doesn't actually impose anything on you. The hardest is perfect stealth no kills, and the easiest is to just race to the core objective. The marking thing isn't that casual once you realise you're playing a third person stealth game. You know that IRL you can't actually tell what's around a corner without actually looking around the corner? Do you also want MGS5 to be first person? Where is your limit on how hard this game needs to be?

What is your problem?

be honest. How many bought that game because of that fat jew mark?

Madagascar was better, Kojima really outdid himself on this series of movies.

On a side note:

Why is the game an empty sandbox? Afghanistan has a very diverse geography. You have huge mountain ranges, roaring rivers, green valleys, buzzing cities.

It's all so empty. And everything is re-used.

But you can, it's in the interface options

Your next argument about the great variety of the game, that has nothing to do with the level design, will be how it gets even better when you are not using even the map. Wouldn't want to see the walking red triangles.

Ground Zeroes was one good mission. MGS5, like it or not, had several good missions, plus everything else.

I too still feel it OP, that phantom pain. But shitposting won't make it go away.

Nigga I'm just saying that there is literally an option in the menu to turn off markers.

That's because GZ was finished

And I am literally saying you cannot remove the marks.

Yeah retards, a teaser that plays even more like cawdude sure was better.

Fucking hipsters

Have this instead

Because Kojima thought he could make a good open world game.

If all the pieces came together and they had more time and money, the world itself would likely be more fun to run around in.

You have to remember though that GTA V made Kojima feel depressed and that was back in 2013. He knew back then that their world couldn't compare.

What's funny is that MGSV is better than most open world games of that type because it actually lets you play however you want, unlike GTA where you can roam freely in the world, but as soon as you play a story mission, it becomes an incredibly linear experience.

So yeah, aesthetics is pretty much the one thing MGSV is lacking on.

This nigga gets it. OKB Zero, Mfidna Oil Field, Code Talker Mansion and so on are decent maps, and when the game boxes you in to a GZ sized map - or forces you to get from it plays pretty damn well.

The problem is the "Open World" connective tissue is dull. Side Ops are repetitive as fuck, and whatever encouragement they were going to have to mix it up left you with little incentive but to Stealth Snipe and Fulton Everything.

Remember DD soldier training missions that never happened? My guess was Side Ops were supposed to have specific limits like they did in PW, whoch would have gone a long way in making TANK UNIT #30 more fun if you could only use decoys and C4 or what the hell ever.

Fultons should have been more limited. Fast travel should have worked. Guard Dogs should have remained making buddies more complex to use and random soldier encounters in the open map would have made itmuch more exciting. There were a lot of small things missing that couls have made MGSV a hell of a lot better, and considering the damn menus talk about some of them (like guards needing to shit - which they don't) I wonder how much more was jettisoned we'll never know about.

TPP is a decent Beta of a potentially amazing game missing a bunch of core features. GZ is the proof of concept demo they actually got to polish, even with several key features missing. Apples and oranges, sadly.

It was still one of the best games released last year. How pathetic.

Think about every single one of them.
OKB is a straight line in the centre with a few stuff to hide in the left. It was somewhat incredible to play with by trying to be super stealthy and with nothing to help you in the dark, but that mechanically forces you through a very liner route to the target.
The Oilfield's design is bare bone as fuck. Just imagine it from above. Again, a somewhat cool mission in the dark, but your lead by the nose to the entry point and your targets follow an order that makes your movement and actions very predictable every time. Extremely linear.
Code Talker Mansion is somewhat of a cool chase with the ghosts and then the view to the mansion from you moving around the cliffs is pretty cool, but you are again lead to a very linear way of action. The door to the Code Talker is basically 20 metres away from your entry point and if you pay attention you are unlikely to go search in the wrong part of the mansion.

And this goes to say a lot for the game. I am not bashing the linearity, for gods sake the previous games were very linear even if they had some "open world" aspects to them. The fact is that some of the best missions of the games were because they were set to be played in highly suggestive borderline linear ways by the developers. They were basically well directed movies in a way.

The game can get very boring very fast when it lets you on its "open world" missions with their "variety" of entry, exists and gadgets. Because to allow this open world aspect in an easy way for all the levels (think of the camps as such) are designer in a very simple and efficient way in where getting from point A to B and then to C (as for point A to be any entry point, B any target and C any exist point) is very simplistic in nature and requires more common sense than figuring some specially and very unique camp design. It throws you into something halfassed and forces you to "create your own story."

Camp Omega was directed up its ass. As many of us played this "demo" to dead we know the level layout very well. Just think about the main mission. Think about the goal. Now think about the three main routes and all the actions and all the detailed actions and movements you will have to do just by going for the super stealth and natural run. Going in the first time if you are not dumb and play carefully, whatever side of the map you first go through you will experience a very well planed route with seeming direction of the environment that makes the whole thing, movement and action, play extremely fluid. The map is design with different routes in minds and they are all perfectly placed for the way in and out. The routes are fairly small and you are fairly visible. The guard behaviour is just perfect. There is always tension and there is importance to be careful at every corner. And yes you can go completely off script, but the fact that everything is so well build, from any corner to the next corner, completing a level even with some crazy stupid tactic feels extremely satisfying and often seamless. The care and love spend on Camp Omega is something you can't see much of anywhere in TPP. They spend a lot of time thinking through the possibilities of what a player might want to try and make it all work.

The levels in TPP are not as tightly pact and because of the nature of "muh open world!!!" they often are left with big empty spaces for roads. The thought process feels very much as "Okay. We have an open world! Now we want this kind and this and this kind of level! Put it!" And then they make it and the fact that is open world by itself is suppose to make them interesting as you are "free," but the fact there is not nearly as much time spend to think of every camp as its own level they are designed as bus stops around the map with very little actual complexity to what is going inside of them.

The levels of TPP are like a barebone character stereotype in a some movie, while Camp Omega is a well build complex character full of emotions and reactions you will get immersed in and start liking no matter how good of a person he is or not, because you can feel how alive he is.

The MGS drones in a nutshell:
You guys are funny.

That's a fair point, but I still prefer TPP because it allows me to find more fun and cool ways to break the game and be creative in doing goofy shit.

Side objectives can also significantly impact the way you play a mission, so from a developer standpoint they can essentially recycle the same content (areas, enemy placement, patrol routes and whatnot) and the game still feels relatively fresh, considering that there are plenty of missions with big areas, most of the space would go unnoticed by the player were they not encouraged to explore it. So side objectives (and Total Stealth and Subsistence modes) remedy that to an extent.

Still a shame that side-ops were the biggest offender in making the game feel repetitive, as those don't even rank your progress.

meant performance

Again, you poor thing.
You don't have an argument so you can't back up anything you're saying. You're attacking one aspect and not addressing the whole? Is this what middle school is like? :(

You can see he has a white and dead eye. Same as Fox.

So the option is there but you didn't like the implementation.

You've yet to mention what is wrong with the level design so we can discuss it.

Unless you have an agenda of your own as a player.

Let me bring you back to a time when I played the first MGS demo. It was the in front of the elevator shaft. I played the shit out of it because of all the possibilities it offered because of the gameplay. Then, fast forward to the MGS2 demo, same thing. Gameplay was something unheard of. The immersion was immense.

Those games offered different outcomes in the player's experience from their demos.

on that note playing with subsistence mods that let you do every mission like that are great

Ground Zeroes had me so fucking excited for this game.

They really needed to ditch the hub-style Open World and stick to making big, open maps that were still focused and varied like Camp Omega. TPP suffers big time from Ubisoft Syndrome where the map is empty and the activities are repetitive. Not enough urban locations to sneak around in and a lack of factions interacting like Mujahadeen and Soviets or the African PFs getting into firefights and what not.

Narrative blew, Venom Snake being the Medic was a cop out we figured out years ago and the revenge theme lasts maybe three missions tops and has nothing to do with Big Boss. Kaz didn't leave DD for Foxhound and we didn't see Solid Snake in Outer Heaven.

Kojima overreached himself and I think Konami overreacted accordingly thinking that somehow the game wouldn't be profitable anyway despite the massive hype machine.

Was the most disappointing game of 2015 in my opinion. Hardly felt like a proper MGS title, but then again it was MGSV, not MGS5 (in Kojima's words). Would have preferred it if it had followed MGS3s footsteps by have a single, linear map/mission with multiple approaches and no motherbase bullshit.

Camp Omega was better designed than just about every area in Phantom Pain. Full open world was a mistake. They should have gone with a series of smaller, tightly designed sandboxes.

I loved both GZ and the first act of TPP.
It's hard to judge TPP starting from Act 2, since it's barely a rushed skeleton of what it should have been. The game needed about 8 more years of development.

The thing is the game was a success without them having to finish it and spending even more money. Even if they did finish it what are the chances it would sale any more? I want to believe it would have been different and it would have started printing money for being the best game ever or something like that, but I really doubt it would have happened even if it was that good.

Making MGS an open world sandbox was such a weird idea.

And it's an empty sandbox too.

Kojiima is a huge westaboo and thought he was Ubisoft.

So that way it could be vaporware?

clockwork

The Phantom Pain still remains

I don't know what would have been better, honestly. Playing a great first act of a three-act game, with act 2 gutted and act 3 missing completely, or just not playing the game at all and playing it in my imagination.

Y'know, I've thought about what could've been so shocking about the game that Kojima could've felt threatened enough to "leave the industry forever" for screwing up. Considering that statement was around the same time as Moby Dick Studios, let's assume that the twist was rewritten from the ground up before they went with the medic. Ground Zeroes doesn't need to be changed.

I think the actual twist Kojima wanted to implement was that Venom Snake was actually who we know as Quiet, under hypnosis similar to Ocelot, and our sniper buddy was Big Boss appearing as Quiet.

In an alternate history of events, only Kaz and Big Boss survived the crash. When XOF infiltrates the hospital, no one survives that could be used as a body double, possibly their intended double doesn't survive as well. However, "Quiet" still fell out that window and was nearly burned alive, which Ocelot finds and hatches an idea. Inspired by the lengths that Paz was trained to live under doublethink and his own reverance for The Boss, Ocelot decides to abduct her and surgically alter her to appear somewhat mannish, explaining away the underfed physique due to the coma. Reintroducing her to Diamond Dogs where hardly anyone knows the actual Big Boss, Ocelot shills his heart out that this is the actual Big Boss, and everyone eventually accepts it to how successful they become. Eventually, some kind of divide grows between "Quiet" and her team (probably from letting Huey live), which makes the real Big Boss plan an insurrection to overthrow her, eventually leading to her death or (if Konami still cared) let her be on the lam. Big Boss eventually rebrands as Outer Heaven and gets a replacement body double, and everybody

Why the fuck would I type out this fanfiction? Well, Kojima could write anything after barfing up MGS4 for credential sabotage. First, this would probably be one of the few ways of topping the reveal of Raiden from MGS2, as Kojima surely noticed by now how feminist revisionism has grown, in western & eastern cultures. It also ties in to the 1984 theme and the meme of Big Boss, and also jabbing at the fans that like Big Boss enough to think Big Boss is sexy. Also, the "V has come to" line would have a new meaning, and spook people out with its transgender implications.

Of course, such a game would either be the crowning pile of shit no one would touch, or it would be lapped up harder than Yanderedev doing a fellatio to Kotaku.

Why do you think the twist would be "the thing"? Surely it was more about the overall themes of the story, though he didn't realize his biggest problem would be the budget.

Though now that I think about it making this unfinished game for the sake of the phantom pain is something that people do consider enough to be kicked out of the industry, but that would imply there could be an excuse in his mind for what we got.

GZ was better because it was concentrated autism. Stunning revelation, check these digits and stop shitposting ffs.

I wish so bad that there were more Sustenance missions.

MGS fans are fucking autistic and I wish only for death to every single of them, especially the ones dicksucking
STRANDING
and getting hyped over a shitty cinematic.

Game was ok and just like GOG/CDProjekt cocksuckers you made it into the "saviour of vidya" in 2015 only to be fucked in the ass for having too big expectations in current year whe Konami went to shit and it was obvious Kojimbo was being held at gunpoint.

Fucking kill yourselves for hyping up this shit you goddamn weeaboo faggots, especially the "no western games" faggots.

Fuck you if you didn't have a history with MGS.

FUCK I DIDN'T VISIT MY BASE ON MY BIRTHDAY

SON OF A BITCH

but that's not how it did, and you're a huge fag

Ground Zeroes skull face

Phantom Pain skullface

If it goes by general shock value the themes go by, the worst we got was sneaking a snuke up Paz's snizz. You can't shoot children to death without modding the game, black people are nowhere near as retarded as RE5's plagas zombies, and Kojima's parables to da Jooz with the Philosophers/Patriots was scaled back after rambling about the war economy in MGS4. All of this has been done by South Park without being banned by media watchdogs, and the powers that be don't consider what Kojima dictates to be an actual threat, mostly because most people can't handle taking a franchise this silly so seriously. The only people who would are fans, who know what they're getting into, but look into the brushstrokes anyway.

However, since 2012 (when MGSV likely began development), there's been an undercurrent where SJWs made their presence known in the media, affecting journalism and fandoms alike. And for the gaming community that they forced themselves into, already neutering films and comics, there's two things SJWs won't shut up about: race, and gender.

The good news is, nobody has good standing to call this game explicitly racist and live, since Big Boss is an equal opportunity kidnapper. The player is responsible for making it as racist as they want. And although you can't kidnap females (only rescue) and make an all-female army, what soldiers you could get could be as strong as you're willing to train them.

But there is one area where most people fear to tread, which composes most of SJWs - the transgender. Seeing as Kojima would hardly know about what the west thinks about them (he'd probably only know casual knowledge, perhaps mistaking them as futas) his overseers might have mentioned it when he was spitballing and might have gotten scared about that kind of taboo, maybe doing some research that lead him to other stuff like the head transplant doctor before he moved on to another theme. Kojima was probably referring to Paz's snuke, or hell, Chico = Quiet might have been true until they separated the link. I'm just spitballing myself because the idea crossed into my head.

tl;dr If Kojima's "redpills" were safe to ignore, and if Kojima hasn't been slammed for being racist since the 90's, what's there left to be offended by?

Yes?

Yes?

Yes?

Yes?

All of these are different approaches that wildly vary up the gameplay, and that's discounting the various ways to approach an instillation physically, pretty much every major area has more than one means of effective stealth approach.

Ground Zeroes had this as well, but it still had nowhere near the amount of variation applicable to the various areas present in The Phantom Pain.

Your autism does not negate this fact, and anybody who argues that Camp Omega had more options available for gameplay variants is fucking retarded and wrong.

Ground Zeroes still had the same three or four mission types TPP does in the game. Elimination, prisoner rescue, item acquisition. The flashback mission and Raiden mission were the only ones that had more variety, the on rails shooting mission is something you can replicate in TPP at any point you wish. Yet another thing you can't do in GZ but can in TPP.

god damn, fucking this
tpp had more terrains and items
how the fuck could the gameplay or viable strategies be more limited

Except the camp had better programmed guard patrols and general architecture design that played into the gameplay.

nigger have you even played tpp?
the guard patrols are exactly the fucking same, and that design playing into the gameplay shit is completely blown out of the water by the fact that there's like fucking 20 bases and they all have as many ways to infiltrate them as camp omega
you're goddamn retarded

Hardly, something as ambiguous as 'better programmed guard patrols' isn't a statement I can take seriously. Guards patrol pretty much identically in TPP as they do in GZ, wander back and forth between key points and effectively watch all locations they need to watch. In regards to guards, guards become more wary and well-equipped as the game goes on, even in early missions, unless the player actively sabotages their items with outer ops. Having a random element like guards with helmets and riots suits adds more variation than 'better patrols' in GZ ever did.

It's a larger base than any present in MGS:V, but that comes at the cost of there only being a few methods of approach and a fraction of the gameplay opportunities.

Camp Omega looks nice and is arguably more detailed with miscellaneous stuff scattered around than a lot of bases in TPP but that's not really saying much.

I just continue the end of Act 1 the real end of the game and the end of Act 2 all bonus content, and I'm more than happy with it. I put like 80 fucking hours into it.

consider, not continue ** lol

Kojima is in Italy

from that moment i abandoned the game.

Wasn't there supposed to be some phone app that would let you manage motherbase while you were away? Was it scrapped or am I not remembering right?

Close. He thought he was Rockstar. Which probably explains why he felt scared by GTA5, he wanted to make an empty large map too I guess.

Skullface didn't even appear a whole lot in Phantom Pain though. I even remember when the Parasites were just called "Those who Don't Exist", they barely appear in the game at all.

God, the more I think about this game the more let down I feel.

How did he get bacon in Europe. Someone dropped the ka ball.

So let's lay out his plan:

Really they should have just reworked Act 2's content into Act 1 and ended it with the Skullface mission to cap off the game, would've left less of a sour taste in people mouth, then have Truth relegated to a super secret unlockable for completing all missions.