What faction do you main, Holla Forums?

What faction do you main, Holla Forums?

Lawful humans, flexible and organized army

Elves, good range and forest usage

Dwarves and chaotic humans, toolbox style

Orcs with goblins and troll support, cheap and spammable

Dark forces with specific resistances and weaknesses.

Dragon-like, individually powerful but expensive

I choose
No sense of right and wrong

Gotta lord it all over those lesser, savage races.

So.. Undead?

Adepts are really powerful, being able to do tremendous damage at night, but they have low HP.

Dies to cavalry and skirmishers.

Undead, obviously.
Anything else is for kids.

Loyalists and Undead.

Loyalists are just really easy to use well and are fun because of the tactical flexibility.

Undead have blasty Adepts and Spoopy skeletons, when night falls, nothing fucking survives.

I'd say Rebels are the easiest faction because you don't have to fuck around with ToD, and you're also accustomed to elvish units in the tutorial and main campaign.

I tend to favor varying builds if the game allows it and I very rarely go evil ingame, so loyalists.
If I have to pick a specific build, generally rebels to scratch that stealth itch.

Am I missing something about this game? I've played other similar games, it doesn't exactly feel too complicated or hard for me, but it just doesn't click at all. Is it just an acquired taste?

Welp

That depends.

If you like Advance Wars, Fire Emblem or FF Tactics, this game should appeal to you.

Game?

www.wesnoth.org

This man is a liar, I love all those games and more and Wesnoth is a steaming pile of dice rolls and shitty art.

Looks like shit tbh

The "new" sandniggers.

Reminder that the faggots still claim "Caliphate" has nothing to do with Islam.

Drakes

Are they still using their special snowflake RNG that constantly fucks up and his a mess code-wise?
Or do I have to link it in this thread for anons who haven't seen it yet?

You have shit taste.

Are they mainline now? I thought they were UMC.

We've gone over this a million times, and everytime it is shown there is nothing wrong with the rng. You just suck at tactics and strategies, try Call of Duty.

I have no idea what the fuck is up with Wesnoth, but it's seriously one of the worst turn based strategy games I've played, and I went through 3 or 4 campaigns. The game is shit compared to even something like Nu-XCOM.

You know else hate games without having a reason for it? Casuals. They can't put it, just like you can't really understand why you hate it.

Wesnoth is for aristocrats, those with taste, not for the plebs. It's a casual filter. The forums are mature and perfect, untouched by Holla Forums shitposting, plebbit or epic maymays. People still act like it's 2007, thank God.

If you can't point out what you dislike about the game, then I can't help you.

XCOM could wish it had the amount of content TBfW has, both mainline and custom add-ons. You can play for years and still have shit to do.

It has pvp, coop, ffa, rpg, dungeon crawlers, roguelike scenarios, it goes on and on.

I stick to my theory that you're just really bad at the game. If you're gonna complain about RNG (like all casuals who don't understand contingencies and that this is a wargame that relies on increasing your chances while decreasing your opponent's chances), you're just another of "those guys" who don't understand the game and ragequit.

Is Wesnoth really that good?

It's been around since 2003, with a solid community.

It's also coming to Steam soon (just for the player boost, the game is free and open-source)

I don't think anyone is claiming that.

Literally Mudslimes.

I just looked up some game info and its said I could create my very own kind of unit.
from how this sounds, is it possible to make one big strong character to carry everything?

Or like a powerful one man army necromancer?

could you explain to me how creating your own unit works?

Yes, and it's easy.

Just look at the custom addon list in the main menu, people have created tons of shit. Maps, scenarios, full-blown campaigns, new units, different eras, space, anything.

I like Wesnoth and all but you sound like a cunt, it has issues, mainly visual, though.

What's wrong with the visuals? It's open-source and talented artists worked on it over the years. They are some of the most humble guys on the forums, taking feedback and accepting criticism.

I like the visuals, it looks comfy.

It used to be alot terrible in its early stages when only 2 guys were working on it.

What are some quality undead campaigns/addons for Wesnoth?
Haven't been able to play Dom4 and I need my fix.