Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

I have time to waste, I got it for "free", and it was either this, Remember Me, or DmC. Anything I should no going into it.

Also general KoA thread, if you like.

Other urls found in this thread:

dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

KoA is pretty alright, its casual as in you are overpowered from the go and rapes everything. Dont let the faggot art style put off.

Ehh, I could use a power fantasy right about now anyway. The artstyle doesn't bother me too much, either. I'm kind of enjoying being a half naked slaughter machine.

Yeah you need to set it on hard right off the bat. The game is comfy in a grindy way though

If you already got it then dive in. Its too late for us to change your mind if you already own it.

I got it for two bucks months ago and somehow I feel like I wasted my money.

It's a very flawed game, but I still consider to be fun. I recommend you go as Universalist. It gives you the broadest number of abilities. The ones you don't get at the "high end" abilities, which are just overpowered variants that you don't need. Not to mention you can switch out on a whim.

Shiet I remember dropping it because it triggered my autism.
Originally it had a "bug" where you had weapons from both slots displayed on your model. For example if you have daggers and sword - your dude would have both daggers and sword visible. Or say both staff and sword on his back. Shit was so cash.
But after some bugfix update they removed it, because it was somehow a bug.

I got butthurt and uninstalled the game.

the leveling system is laid back as fuck, so just do whatever you want. basically all the classes are fun to play, you can switch between them whenever you want, core mechanics are tight, environments are comfy as fuck, and the game's pretty long.

on the other hand you become a rape-train early on, and everyone constantly rides your dick over how special and awesome and perfect you are. but that's right up your alley i guess.

if you can get passed the flaws it is pretty much the true real sequel to Fable 1. I think it was made by the same guys too.

I should say spiritual successor

It wasn't bad, but certainly mediocre. I expected something much better from Morrowind's lead designer, turns out he's a bigger hack than Todd. No wonder why Todd is still the boss of BethGS.

Despite really trying I never could get into this, as an action game it's fairly solid and has a lot of potential, as an RPG it's incredibly unengaging.

The quests were unbearably dull, and I can't remember a single character in it.

You still have to pay attention to what you're doing because you can't just mash attack against later enemies and blocking is time based. Generally the most OP is magic build of course, but you gotta put some investment in it for the awesome spells. For none combat stats like stealth and crafting you should go middle of the road having freebies distributed throughout is part of the perks. You can respec whenever you want once you get access to a fortune teller.

It's got a very MMO fel and you'll be feeling like you're playing Warcraft.

This game was so long i never get out of the green forest zone for few days.

It's better than Remember Me and DmC, but that's literally all it has going for it. It might as well be the definition of forgettable

Usually not, but I've been feeling like shite lately. I could use an easy pick me up.

Never tried Fable 1. Saw Fable 3 and it looked like shit. Avoided the series.

Sounds interesting and good for me. I'm usually a warrior type but I've been trying to go Mage lately. That flexibility should be nice.

Once you've played about a quarter of it, you've really played all of it.

Life is pain, Larian why do you make such poor choices?

been playing this actually, I've tried it multiple times but always gave up, then I downloaded it on a whim yesterday and it just clicked
I like it a lot, feels like amalur with a more traditional crpg feel. They throw way too many skeletons are you though

There's a point in the game after the starting grass areas where the world pretends to open up, and you can choose to go down a path through another big grassy area, or through a desert area
The desert area is significantly harder, and is meant to act as a way to naturally make you go the other way first, but you're OP as fuck so it just makes it seem like the game's finally getting challenging
If you go through that desert area first, you will have a good challenge for the duration of it, but you will stomp the fuck out of the other path when you get back to it, and because of the way the level scaling works, all the gear will be far below your level, the gear you get in the desert will also be at a minimal level because you're going through all the areas under the minimum gear level
Just keep that in mind and choose the one that seems the most interesting for you

Curt Shilling did nothing wrong.

Quite the trifecta of mediocre.

Well, Amalur and DmC are mediocre, Remember Me is just pure grade A shit.

I can't play this game without an FOV middleware thing because it's one of those console ports that fucks up the FOV for whatever reason.

Other than that it was OK. Basically the world's loneliest MMO, and you could tell the game was designed to be an MMO and they put out a single-player game just to cover some bills.

It's pretty much the definition of average, so much so I put it down for five minutes over two years ago and completely forgot about it until just now.

Fuck the bankruptcy, they ass ravaged the entire state of Rhode Island because that's where they got the money from, and that's goddamn hilarious

It's irritatingly almost great a lot of the time in terms of writing, but always falls short. The xp system is kinda fucked, if you're a min/maxer you're gonna wanna do all the areas in perfect ascending lvl order. It's also big, honestly it's too big and by the end you just want it to be over.

It looks and plays like a WoW clone, only without multiplayer. It's shit.

Daily reminder to follow your dreams.
Daily reminder that those dreams may be straight off a cliff.

You can't remember Mysterious Dark Elf Assassin Slut?

I loved Mysterious Dark Elf Assassin Slut. She had the best costume. Which for some reason was entirely unattainable in-game.

It can be pretty fun if you go into it expecting a medicore game. It feels like a singleplayer MMO but the gameplay itself can be pretty fun even though you become OP early. Some tips

The fate shifting is a completely overpowered "I win" button and should be only used on groups of mobs or near the end of a boss fight for the neat execution animation.

The level scaling is retarded. It sets the level of every enemy in an area to your level WHEN YOU ENTER IT. So if you enter the green forest of green foresty creatures at level 12 then everything in there will stay at that level range even if you come back later at level 68. This means that you need to finish everything in an area when you first enter it or everything will become underlevelled. It will become underlevelled anyway but it can take a bit longer, fighting underlevelled monsters is as boring as watching paint dry.

If you are playing on console then you can only have 4 skills mapped at once. Apparently it loads the animations of mapped skills and having more than 4 mapped would crash the game on consoles so you are limited to only 4. You can however equip a passive skill like the shield or poison buff, activate it and then unmap it.

Yes the story sucks, yes it's grindy as fuck. You play this mostly just for the somewhat enjoyable combat and power fantasy. It's also nice to have a game fantasy setting that actually tries to do something with Faeries instead of the usual generic fantasy world.

Magic chakrams are neato.

Single player MMO, except the combat sucks compared to theme parks.

The story is written by Salvatore. Who's a fucking hack. I don't see why he gets praise. I've read the first two Drizzt books and I'd rather reread through the first 2 Gor books than Salvatore's shit.

Thanks for the advice. I'm hoping this game and DD: DA will be good time sinks.

Were you able to dress up somewhat sluttily in this game?

I remember trying it ages ago but if i remember right the class/playstyle i went for didnt allow slutty-attire so i dropped it.

Dogma is a good sink, it's a bit slow until you get to the main city, which leads a lot of people to drop it before it gets good.

Maybe mechanically and gameplay-wise it is not the best way to go for it, but it actually makes a lot of sense.

Never manage to finish it. I got to the very end but lost interest. I enjoyed the game completely before that, tho.

dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
To save you some frustration as in to avoid missing sidequests though if you are autistic enough just go through the game quickly and do that shit on ng+ along with hard mode or normal with 3x spawns mod. obviously disable it for bbi though if you play it, that shit's tedious and unfun enoug allready

Thanks. Would've triggered me HARD if that caught me with my pants down.