Videogames with Train levels (and trains)

CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKER

Post some fucking videogames with TRAINS on them. Train stages are always great.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SouIUpmDmJM&t=0m58s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That Paper Mario chapter was comfy as fuck

in b4 fallout 3

HEY

Train stages are always great holy shit.

This, I've always wanted to sleep on a train

There are many games with train levels. But there is only one game that lets you suplex a train.

Wow! Ebin meme fellow redditor xDDDDDDD

Best moment in indeed

why must everything be smeared as something reddit would like? fuck you man. Don't ruin FF6

Would Zero be considered cheating?

Soldier of Fortune has a cool train level. And it's a cool game overall.

Mega Man 5's got Charge Man, a train robot powered by coal, as well as a corresponding train stage. Battle Network has a companion ChargeMan.EXE who's more literally train-like in design.

He barrels into you at full-speed and the weapon you copy from him is Charge Kick which turns your slide into a similar body-slam. Apparently Charge Man looking like a steam-train has a sensible purpose as some places say it's so he can deliver large amounts of cargo to and from Wily-run facilities discretely.

WHAT'S WRONG? COME A LITTLE CLOSER

Best train level

The Last Express: the whole game takes place in a train.

On a similar note, Mega Man Zero 2 had a kickass train level with parallax background scrolling, posts that the train would drive by that you'd need to jump over, and the opportunity to knock enemies into the rails.

Sonic 06' had a train level. It's one of few levels in the game that's actually kind of cool.

Shadow Hearts starts out with a massacre on the Trans-Siberian Express as it travels through Manchuria. It also ends with Yuri snoozing on a train going to Zurich.

Tales of Xillia 2 also has some parts being on trains running from Trigleph (which go to other places like Marksburg, Duval, Drellin, and Oscore processing plant). Said train line even gets a surprising amount of coverage in the opening for the game.

Wouldn't exactly call either of them directly "train levels" though. They don't play as big a role as that one taking up an entire chapter in TTYD.

Off topic but what games have good ships/ship levels. I would've loved a three day cruise adventure like the train ride in Paper Mario.

Choo choo.

Couldn't find any videos properly showing off Grimrail Depot, which was also a train level.

one of the top five best fights of the epac, most were shit just like wod

the carnival level is also sick

Did you read the Ghost's diary?

Posting best fighting game stage of all time

I remember Tiny Toons for the snes had a train level that infuriated young me.

Hahaha! Does anyone know if this funny guy has a name?!

Regards, Bill P

I've played this game, do you know where to find these places?

Thanks,

Mark of the Wolves still has nice backgrounds.

Well the first is from Deus Ex Machina for Morrowind, so that was cheating a bit, but in Nehrim you find the soul train during the main quest.

Lunar Knights had a kickass train level, that starts from street level, goes into the station, and progresses on a long ass choo choo. When you get on the top, there's even wind that blows you back.

Hey Bill, that man is known as "Feels Guy".

Hope that helped :-)

RE0 if you like bad RE games.

BAZINGA

How is Lunar Knights anyhow? Admittedly I don't see much discussion off Boktai, but I don't recall hearing much about Lunar Knights even then.

Most people prefer Boktai, but it's still a pretty great hack and slash.

Sonic Shuffle had a board that took place on top of a giant steam train in fucking space called Riot Train. You had to fight off alien cowboys and martian horses and every so often a new segment of train would smash into the back and extend the board or an old one would drop off and shorten the board.

As janky and underwhelming as that game was, Riot Train made it worth playing single-handed.

youtube.com/watch?v=SouIUpmDmJM&t=0m58s
Ok it's like a 20s animation for a very inefficient spell but it's pretty cool.

I remember that.

Kirby Planet Robobot had several of them with neat teleportation gimmicks.

FF6, FF7 and FF8 had a lot of trains in them probably cause trains were pretty popular then (Densha de Go was pretty big back then).

SMT Imagine

It wasn't a phenomenal segment of the game by any means, but it was a nice touch.