Emulator Thread - Edition 120 "N64.jpg comparison"

What is the oldest console you emulate?

What game do you emulate right now?

Which console has the biggest libary of emulated rom's on your HDD?

What obscure, weird or hidden arcade gem emulators do you have?

What ROM Hack are you playing?

Other urls found in this thread:

romhacking.net/hacks/612/
mega.nz/#F!cp9jASJD!Zjcmaa_0uL75n08ZDltM9w
web.archive.org/web/20150811100944/http://www.pshomebrew.net/wiki/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List
segaretro.org/Exodus
buildbot.orphis.net/
wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Category:Playable_games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Did that new N64 emulator plugin that supposedly made everything better come out yet?

Got the Touhou and Crystal hacks for Pokemon Fire Red, yet to play them on my PSP.

Any way to get MG2 playing fullspeed on the MSX emu on PSP?

Can PCSX2 run the Ace Combat Holy Trinity in hardware mode yet? That's all I fucking want, then I can be content never updating that program again.
Already have Tenkaichi 3 running in 16:9 widescreen with increased FoV in HD, so I'm happy.

Okay guys, I've got a fancy new phone that I want to emulate shit on. Its an android so getting a hold of emulators and roms will be no worries. I already have a good GBA emulator on there and have a few games on there. So I need to know what emulators I should run on this thing, and what GBA (or otherwise if you have an emulator recommendation) games are worth my time. Think you can help me out? I'll even take those lists of recommended games.

>inb4 phone

PPSSPP for PSP.
Drastic for DS.
MD.emu for Genesis.
SNES9x for SNES.
MyOldboy for GB.
MyBoy for GBA.
ePSXe for PS1, can use FPSe as well, but pain in the ass.
NES.emu for NES
Reicast for Dreamcast, but use dev builds. One on playstore is horribly out of date.
ScummVM for Lucas games and shit.
Dolphin for powerpoint presentations on Smash.
Play! for one day contemplating the ability to play PS2 on a mobile device.

Probably more, but they're off the top of my head.

Oh, also Yabause for Saturn, but runs as well as you'd expect. Back in development at least.

With the recent news of the sega saturn being cracked, how long will it take to make Saturn emulation possible.

Already using MyBoy for GBA and was planning on getting MyOldBoy, so no worries there. Does PPSSPP or ePSXe run on any playable level? Those were the main two I was looking at.
I can only imagine how awful that runs on this thing.

Some lucky trips btw.

MS-DOS, I still play DooM and Daggerfall all the time
Playing through a Dragon Warrior III romhack called Dragoon X Omega. It's pretty great but hard as fuck
Technically the Atari 2800, but I never play them. I usually play the SNES library.
I recommend Ganbare Goemon: Hoshizorashi Dynamites Arawaru!!

ePSXe works well on my phone, PPSSPP works great for some games but high demanding games such as Tekken 6 or Burnout Paradise

It already is, SSF. Not 100 percent, but can play shit. Since the person who made the USB shit is sharing the workings with emu devs, probably be a year or 2 before Saturn is emulated very well.

Given you can run PPSSPP on toasters, I'd say yeah. Same for ePSXe, but do need to grab a plugin if you want to enable some features, but it's nothing like its PC equivalent (or since last time I used it, anyway).

Sorry, didn't finish my post, the last games I said are almost unplayable. There is probably a solution to make PSP games more playable.

Obviously. That's kind of the trade off here. But good to know.

Well jeez. Can think of plenty of games I'd play on ePSXe, but have any recommendations for PSP?

Meant in terms of plugin hunting.

Found fucking with clockspeed helped occasionally, outside that, it's easy to get games up and running that give issue.

MHX looks fucking amazing upscaled compared to the mess on the original PSP screen.

How do I do multiplayer in mGBA?

Oh, well that's great. Means I will hopefully get it running pretty easily.

Terms of recommendation on PSP, misplaced usual chart, so this'll work.

Remember that PPSSPP has online working, so can play MHP3rd and shit online at any point.

Thanks, buddy.

bumping cause I still need GBA recommendations.And maybe some obscure PS1 recommendations.

Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 1 & 2. There ya go nigga.

For psp i recomend my two personel favorites fate extra and 7th dragon 2020.

NES

Zelda: Link's Awakening

SNES

wut?

a simple link's awakening hack that decensors a couple things that american children certainly wouldn't know about
romhacking.net/hacks/612/

Astro Boy: Omega Factor (SIT THROUGH THE CREDITS)
Gunstar Super Heroes (I know it doesn't have co-op and the helicopter stage is retarded, but play through on higher difficulties for expanded story)
Sigma Star Saga
Mario vs Donkey Kong (a sequel to Donkey Kong '94)

Is Reicast on Android worth using in the long-run? Its fucking impossible to find compatability info for this thing and I'm too poor atm to buy a proper Dreamcast and go the CDR route

It's decent to use, yeah. I've thrown basic shit at it like SA1 and 2. It has one issue with 2 since during King ghost fucker doesn't have a shadow during his fight, so have to guess with sound cues, but outside that it's fully playable.

Thanks! Anyone actually got that recommended games list for that one?

I'll dump a few PS1 charts and a GBA one. Don't think there's an updated GBA one, but probably wrong.

Be nice if the site stopped shitting itself.

Good collection of games here

mega.nz/#F!cp9jASJD!Zjcmaa_0uL75n08ZDltM9w

Nevermind, found it as well.

Got a PS2 one? I've obtained a fat PS2 network adaptor and a hard drive, so I need to find me some vidya, even though I probably have most worthwhile ones (and some less so).

Thanks, user. Now I've got a good list of shit I need to emulate.

Here you go.

How good is PS2 Emulation on PC? Is it any better than the official emulation on PS3? Besides being free, of course.

Meh

Yeah, mostly because the PS3 one is utter garbage.

So far Fire Red on an s7 edge with the sprites from gen 1. Also Budokai Tenkaichi 3 with the english dub and jap music.

Been wanting to get Animal Crossing GC to work on this phone, but it doesnt seem up to it despite the n64 version runs fine except some sprites

Also showed some of my friends PuLiRuLa

I dont know why people even bother with emulators anymore

Video games, user.

NEVER EVER
don't forget it.

I can't tell if people keep posting that second list ironically or not

Garbage? I played God Hand and Persona 3 and didn't see any problems whatsoever. I heard the DDS games had some issues that got fixed a while later(I hope) but that's the only problem I heard of.

What makes the PSNStore emulation garbage, accuracy/performance wise?

Oh you meant the PSN rerelease, thought you meant the internal PS2 emulator you can use via CFW, then yes obviously it's gonna work far better since they "cheat" by modifying the games to make them run properly and when they don't it's on games that run fine with the default emulator.

see
web.archive.org/web/20150811100944/http://www.pshomebrew.net/wiki/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List

I feel I'm almost done with my emu library. I'm using >launchbox now and it's getting kind of comfy. Downloading persona 4 (my first time playing a SMT game) and katamari demacy now.

FAMICOM DETECTIVE CLUB PART II

Holy shit this game is fucking great, and being able to play it in my phone on the train makes it even better.

That's an interesting way to do it.

Pisses me off

Alright niggers i recently started to emulate shit on my phone, Am i stuck at 20 fps emulating most PSP games using PPSSPP or is there a way to fix it?

awesome, thanks user!

can be good or worse depending on the game you want to play. Ridge Racer 5 is a bitch but GT4 runs perfect. And so on.

see, it is just you.

As someone who has used PCSX2 and owns a CECH-A PS3, the PS3 is still better than PCSX2. It can still play 99% of games while the former still has many problems with many games and its a flimsy emulator built on hacks rather than accuracy

I'm emulating some snes games on my vita since that's the only thing the recent hack is doing well currently :^)

The menus are fucked up in Secret of Mana. Anyone know of any fix?

Downloaded this due to recommendation. Hoping for good shit.

=SOON=

While they are better, I heard they still had a shitload of problems.

Good luck getting good ISOs for Saturn online. It doesn't even have a full dump

Wizardry New Age of Llylgamyn for that sweet Wizardry 4 remake
Silent Bomber

Literally look at the compatibility list on the post you quoted

been playing mario karts double dash and wii recently. I never owned a wii.

No bully pls, but how do you update PCSX2? I'm just desperate to play Black.

Can anyone direct me to a decent Sega Genesis emulator? I've been using Kega Fusion, and it's alright, but I was wondering if there are alternatives.

segaretro.org/Exodus
May want to look at Exodus. Apparently it's cycle accurate, so if that matters to you.

thanks I'll give it a try

Do I just transfer the bios, memcard, plugin and game folders to the new version? Nothing else?

buildbot.orphis.net/
Download em from there and extract it

What exactly is missing from Kega Fusion in your opinion?
Its actually one of the most accurate emulators out there and it emulates a lot of Sega system. Exodus wants to be cycle accurate but it only does Mega Drive and it is still in development but the focus is no longer on just Genesis.

bios and memcard
why would you keep the games in the same folder as the emulator?

That's how I organize my stuff. From my desktop, I have an emu folder per system and then I have a folder of the games inside that folder.

Nigger what? I said my PS3 is a CECH-A model, in other words the launch model that had hardware based backwards compatibility

There's nothing wrong with it. I have been experimenting with various recording programs like OBS and MIS Afterburner and it seems to me like Kega Fusion just doesn't like to be recorded. It doesn't use DirectX, so it'd be nice if I could use alternate plugins with a backend that is friendly to recording software. That's really it.

Just create a separate folder for the emulator inside the folder of the system

That is because it has an inbuilt recorder

Hardware backcoimpatibility isn't emulation therefore your opinion isn't relevant as the question were:
And the fact that this is an emulation thread.

If lack of 32x support isn't a problem to you try the GPGX core in retroarch, pretty much would be the absolute best emulator for that console right now if it wasn't for the lack of 32x support.

As a sidenote, you could switch to classic theme (or disable desktop composition) and use screen capture while being windowed (or fullscreen windowed via an external program) and it would probably record KEGA fine.

Shame the author can barely work on it just look at the commit log and despair, made even worse by the fact that it apparently is somewhat close to becoming usable and just needs people to work on it.

No Guitar hero 3. nigga.

It is when you get deeper in the story.

Too bad it uses a shitty custom codec in an .avi container that almost no media encoder or editing software can decode. Literally the only piece of software I've seen that can decode and re-encode the Kega Video codec into a more usable format was some 8 year old deprecated DVD conversion software I can't even remember the name of. Even then the Kega Codec uses some weird color space (I think it's some form of uncompressed 10 bit color) that looks accurate to the console but when converted to something like .h264 the colors look off. Someone out there needs to somehow fix Fusion's in-built recorder to encode to a more usable codec.

Not happening, you'd honestly have an easier time adding 32X to GPGX

Fug, I forgot it was closed source.

Even then Steve Snake is retarded for using his shitty codec.

The DirectShow filter for KGV is included with the emulator. Install it at the system level, and any normal Windows video program should be able to use it. Also, newer FFMPEG libraries include some support.

I want to give ps2 emulation a try. Looking for a good game that is known to run well in pcsx2, any recommendations?

wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Category:Playable_games

some games need spceial settings, the pcsx2 wiki has listed those settings.

anyway, here is a list for toaster pc, the games will 100% run perfect.

Neat, thanks. I think I'm gonna try Disgaea first.

Ugh. Anyways, I got the ps2 bios pack from the emu wiki, but there's like 30 of them. Which one(s) should I use?

Not important, a very few games throw problem when you use the HK BIOS or a BIOS from another region, I've also had the text of the BIOS not appear with some but that's rarely a problem.