Let's discuss this brilliant game

Let's discuss this brilliant game.

how come i can already tell its a non-game gook book?

TWEWY isn't a VN user.

Practically the only ds game that fully took advantage of the hardware

Because you're ignorant and judge games simply by their cover instead of actually playing them.
Thus you will always be shat on and deemed a complete retard, even among the outcasts of Holla Forums.

I thought the clothing system in this game was kind of funny. In order to wear clothing you had to pass a courage requirement and the female clothes had the very high courage requirements.

someone shill this game to me. i'm serious. i played it for about four or five hours i think, and i just hated it. i didn't like the combat, i didn't like the soundtrack, i don't remember the story but i remember thinking it was dumb, it just didn't click for me. what did i miss? is there something later on that just drastically alters the experience and turns something mediocre into something outstanding?

The dual combat system is a nightmare, but otherwise the game is pretty gud.

Really fun
Beat best partner, 3 minutes clapping best theme.
A sequel would only ruin it at this point, I feel.

To be fair, now that he mentions it though, I can totally see it. I probably would guess it to be a VN from the cover too if I didn't know otherwise.

I agree. One of the big reasons I've always wanted a sequel was the hopes that it would take the good stuff, but drop the "simultaneous battles on both screens" part. It was just a distraction from all the fun stuff happening on Neku's screen and honestly, I just mindlessly mashed the face buttons 90% of the time while wishing it would go away. Luckily, near-mindless button mashing was good enough for the top, I assume the devs made that choice when they realized playing two battles at once wasn't working out so good. So I wish they'd just go all the way and drop the dual combat entirely.

Also stupid shit like samurai costumes or a Santa Claus outfit having high courage requirements but typically giving good stuff in return or not having an actual brand, rendering it exempt from highs and lows inflicted by per-district fashion trends

First game I played on my Ds and one of my favorites, probably the one that took most advantage of the hardware, the ost is fucking great and Rhyme a qt. Having a dick only made him better

I really should give this game another shot. I can't get used to the gameplay.

How should I approach it again, Holla Forums?

lol

What I did was focusing on the touchscreen and pressing whatever in the d-pad, it can be really annoying but it's not that hard.

I mean, I can SEE it happening, but it would need some kind of indicator that makes you shift focus mid-battle, like a warning that an attack is coming or an indicator that the enemy was vulnerable to attack in some fashion. The only thing that made me want to pay attention was making the light puck switch as quickly as possible between the two characters.

What about asequel that is set anywhere that is NOT Shibuya. The story there is over. The plot of the characters there is finished. Choose someplace else, create new characters, explore a different reaper's game… any of that could be done.

Set top screen to autobattle and/or mash buttons like here says. Also plug some earbuds that soundtrack is fucking tight.

Rhyme's a girl though, consistently referred to as "she" and Beat's sister. >>>/cuteboys/

It'd be interesting to see how the Reaper's Game is handled elsewhere in the world, since what we saw was just the activity of the Producer and the Composer for a major Japanese city. Depending on the whims of other Composers things could be handled totally different elsewhere, after all they're nigh-omnipotent within their sphere of influence and ludicrously powerful even in the mortal "layer" of the world.

Follow the green sparkly thing that floats back and forth between screens. If you fail to do even this, you should still be able to finish the first week with little trouble.

CALLING

Way back when I first played the game I actually wondered what kind of Reaper's Game would be hosted where I live. There is a central plaza that is in fact an open-sky stage, so I imagined it would be have a theatre theme, with the players being Actors, the reapers being Backstage, the Game Master being the Director…

Fuck there is an entire series potential right here and Squeenix is doing a boy band game.

>>>/reddit/

Mostly the trouble would be consistently conceiving main characters that have access to the whole menagerie of powers through their sheer creativity and resultant status as contender against the Composer, Neku had a decently believable status as a shut-in from his buddy's death and it took a shit-ton of verbal slaps upside the head and being forced to deal with people he doesn't like on a regular basis for him to finally come out of that shell. So a big challenge for it could potentially come into play with coming up with a similarly creative protagonist with every game, though they could probably throw curveballs with it like a "creative" character with a lot of quirks who can come up with plenty of shit but can't produce an original idea to save their lives, compared to CAT who's constantly putting out original artwork and has self-designed clothing lines.

set the top screen on autobattle and focus on the touchscreen*, if you're playing on emulator you can get past the part where you have to win a fight with only pins that require the mic by fighting the noise with your teammate, finally ayys can get you mingle points to evolve those pins if you don't have anyone to use mingle with
*: unless you're playing with beat, then you have to mash buttons while looking at the top screen every now and then since if you don't use beat properly you can lose health

rhyme is a girl

Only if you want to go completely along the formula of "genius kid with huge imagination jacks the reaper's game". Considering the scope of the story and the fact that each location's Reaper Game can be drastically different from each other you could potentially create a hundred different stories set within the same universe.

fugg

The Kingdom Hearts cameo shows there isn't.

I honestly couldn't stand this game no matter how hard I tried to get into it. The protagonist was a faggot and the dual combat system was too much for me.

The whole point of Neku is that he's a faggot at first, he gets better later.

No

the combat is pretty shit tho
how can the game be good with shitty gameplay?

One of the very few times "unlikable on purpose" actually worked as intended. Neku was insufferable, but it gave him a point to grow from. And grow he did.

joshua is so hot i love making him crossdress :3

The worst thing in this series was the combat, followed closely by the characters. I once got so good i could do both the button presses and stylus swipes at the same time and i did notice a speed increase in enemies being defeated, but nowhere near enough to actually bother trying to go any further since the game had ended. The setting is really what made the series shine, and i really wish they had one set somewhere more rural with the club music swapped out for folk and dadrock and a style change to match.

Neku stops being a faggot fairly quick. He's suppose to be an insufferable emo faggot in the beginning.

git gud faggot.

how does it feel to be so super ultra wrong tournament edition?

If you didn't like it, you didn't like it. Combat only really changes as much as you change your pins or get a new partner. Browse the OST on Jewtube to see if there's any songs that you do like. Story gets a bit better, but not enough to go through the game if the combat puts you off. I'd say give it one more try, but ignore the hype Holla Forums may have given you. If you still don't like it, go back to what you like, don't waste what little time you have on something you don't enjoy. Good luck user.

I've always been a bit confused on something.
Why the hell would Kitaniji kicking the shit out of Neku prove to Joshua that Shibuya was worth salvaging? It didn't really matter what the masses were like, it he just sent an unending stream of Noise at all the Players and managed to kill the proxy, he would technically win his game with the Composer, regardless of the overall quality of the people of Shibuya. Neku kicking Kitaniji's ass likewise doesn't prove that they are all shit. It would be one thing if Neku was a completely average person and therefore representative of those who live in Shibuya, but if nothing else, his high creativity shows that he is not average. I get that Kitaniji's Red Skull Pin plan would win his game by the actual conditions set, but killing the proxy would be an instant win condition due to the nature of the games

calling

gotta be some mega newfag to not be around on Holla Forums when TWEWY came out
that shit was so popular

I remember hearing that part of the reason for this was Nomura telling the dev team "if you don't make this game take advantage of the dual screen, touch interface, microphone, then we might as well put it on the PSP."

Always thought that was an interesting design motivation if you will.

And then the mobile version happened . . .

For some reason I believe that most people who liked TWEWY like NGE.

someone is calling

That's why you put headphones in, dope. Seriously, put it in basically any Nintendo handheld and the audio quality increases dramatically because it's not being pumped out of a cheap speaker.

Or you know download OST and not deal with shitty game.

Which Shiki is best? Real Shiki or Red haired Shiki?

not Josh's only character trait

quite original in the realm of video games, it's mostly about Neku becoming a better person

it can get cringey at times. Eiji Oji a faggot

you must have stuck with the base set of pins

damn right

the audio's perfect with headphones but in case you don't have any:
try it above a first release DS. in my experience the DSlite has pretty good speakers for

the one who gave a shit about you, duh
also:
how is this a choice it's almost like you don't like megane-ko or something

Joshua a shit
Buzy, Dizzy, Lazy is my personal favorite theme

You stop that

I think you should kill yourselves

Rhyme is a girl
the closest she ever came to having a dick was when Neku thought she was a boy in the Japanese version
he justified the mistake with, essentially, "I call 'em like I see 'em"

I'm a fucking idiot, I was remembering it wrong. Thought she was called a girl first and revealed to be a boy after
I need to replay the game

This thinking drug down so many otherwise potentially much better games on those platforms. You should not put stuff in a game just because the platform can do it, that often leads to shoehorned gimmicks nobody likes. For example, TWEWY's dual battle system. Clearly some DS capabilities worked well, like the touchscreen stuff (for once,) but they shouldn't have required every single gimmick possible.

That's not even remotely true for me.

Freakishly skinny waist aside, fake Shiki was way hotter. Though the real deal wasn't exactly ugly either.

is that second pic official or fan made

I prefer real Shiki

That "real" Shiki pic is a fanwork
Compare line weight to the other one and you'll see its too uniform

I'm not absolutely sure, but it's consistent with this, so…

I agree the linework is different, but there's also the difference between their purposes. Fake Shiki was a main character with top-priority art for publications and promotion. Meanwhile her true from wasn't important or publicized at all so I could totally see not quite putting the same effort in. That doesn't prove it's legit, but not quite being as polished or presented the same doesn't prove it isn't either.