Edgy games

So what are some EDGY games, like something that you play while listening to Linkin Park and shit?

Postal, Hatred and the 'Adventures of Donté, el exterminador de demonios' are obvious ones but what else?

I've noticed there's quite a lack of edgy games most that might feel like it instead just devolve into ;lel so funny maymays due to the obligatory 'such fun, wow' sidekick or the protag suddenly stops being avid Linkin Park fan and starts spouting oneliners straight out of Swarzenigger or Eastwood flicks.

[opens notepad]

This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Condemned 2 has something of edgy

Ow the edge

never heard of it

Shit, you just made me cut myself.
was the first bioshock edgy at all? i remember it was somewhat dark in atmosphere atleast but enough to be edgy?

Wish that game had gotten PC-release. The first game was actually pretty decent and maybe edgy too.

Borderlands pre-sequel is surprisingly edgy. It's clear King Cuck was very bitter while writing for this game.

It's the memename of shadow the hedgehog.

I played Hatred and Postal 2.

I never finished Hatred because I started to dislike that fact that there are no more innocent people to kill in the military base so I stopped and kept doing the first 4 or 5 levels over again a few times until I got burned out of killing civilians and cops. The survival missions were pretty fun when they came out. I didn't play them as much as the main campaign though. I really wish you could kill people with a flamethrower more because it was really fun burning people to death when I got it in the later levels.

Postal 2 was the most fun I've had when I played it. There are more things to do in that game than Hatred.

Dunno why you're comparing Postal 2 with Hatred, mate. Postal 1 is the edgy one, that Hatred was trying to remake. Postal 2 is something completely different. Postal 2 is basically the Family Guy of video games.

I'm comparing them because you go around killing people in painful ways in both.

Like in postal 2 you can cut someone in half with a scythe and you can still see them crawl with intestines hanging out while hearing them cry.

I wish we had that in Hatred.

Yeah, but in Postal 2 it's clearly done in comedy.

Postal 1 and Hatred are the ones that do it for edge.

Yea but they are clearly comparable, they just have a few differences.

They are two different game genres, with two different types of play, and completely different tones. One is an open-world sandbox first person shooter, that's meant to be taken as a joke the whole way through. The other is a level-based isometric shooter, meant to be taken dead serious. The only things they have comparable is that they have guns and lots of violence.

You're not even necessarily playing a serial killer in Postal 2 - just a regular guy trying to get through his day, who optionally might decide to kill some people along the way, for laughs.

They are about as comparable as Diablo 2 and The Witcher 3.

Nope, I disagree. You just think the fact that they are in different camera angles that they are completely different and any similarities are invalid.

Explain pls.

I provided examples of how they are different. You did no such thing to support your claim of them being comparable.

I don't usually like to repeat myself, but for a Special Needs person, like yourself, I suppose I can make an exception.

BOTH

HATRED

POSTAL 2

Blood

I love this game.

The go to line is claptrap saying something like "Borderlands ? More like bordermemes, more like mememememememememe !", but overall a lot of lines sound preachy as fuck. And then there's the main quest mission where you have no choice but to witness a sentient AI helping you for the sole reason of gaining freedom, being reprogrammed into a killbot for little more than shock value. Borderlands 2 was stupid and plebeian but conceivably fun. Burch was so angry he just turned pre-sequel into a game made out of spite. I'm not sure if it qualifies as edgy, but it's certainly getting there.

In both you can

-weapons
-3d graphics
-pedestrians
-blood stains
-shooting mechanics
-shooting animations
-walking animations
-running animations
-stabbing animations
-walking animations
-killing animations
-buildings
-roads
-you can run up to someone and kill them
-you can fight the police
-you can fight the military
-you can roleplay as a mass murderer

Blood had some really sexy level design.

they are often the best ones

>fighting demons ayy lmaos

Tell me, Holla Forums, is there anything that tops this edge?

More of a Three Days Grace person myself

This game is more silly than anything.

these FPS where you have no body are fucking garbage m8

This nigger moves at the same speed and holds the gun the same way while going prone

Lmao, fukken retarded

God Eater's character creator is designed to make edgelords.

Both run on a version of the Unreal Engine

Seriously, you're comparing the fact that they have 3D graphics, and the fact that all the different actions you can perform are animated?

Do you even know what a video game is?

You're just clutching at straws, m8.

All you do is count the differences and never the similarities and activities you can do in both games. I don't think you know what a video game is. You probably think that postal 2 was a movie.

Considering how much shit the game got when it came out I don't think everyone saw it that way. But yeah, definitely has a very different tone from the original.

It was going to be a movie

Maybe a bit too edgy for Linkin Park-fans though.

Is there a PC version that is playable with mouse and keyboard or I have to hunt down a ps2 one?

My right arm is literally a sword

It works just fine with kb+m.

Psyche Metal: The Bleeding

Why

Also obligatory.

Soldier of Fortune and Killing Floor games probably qualify if only for the locational damage models

I'd love to have a postal 1 mod for blood/doom.

Fallout 1 and 2 but moreso 1

I got this off of myabandonware.com and it keeps crashing upon startup.

Who cares, it was a shitty sequel.

Except that Postal 2 is arguably good, while Family Guy is dogshit.

Friendly reminder to everyone that this is the kind of shit that Monolith USED to make before WB put them on shitty licensed title detail and took their best IP from them and gave it to another studio.

Pic related. By your retarded logic GTA V is exactly the same as these two games. The fact that Hatred is level based alone, instead of sandbox makes the two totally different games.

You aint seen nothing yet

Hello Michael~

That's mike to you, laddie.

Ye ye.

Postal 2 is the south park of vidya.

MY ONLY MEMORY IS A BURNING OF FLESH, I REMEMBER IT SO VIVIDLY

This game was DmC before DmC.

Literally western Devil May Cry. All elements persist from DMC1, and a lot of edge.

Why almost nobody mentions Spawn in such threads is a mystery for me.

Call me a faggot but Nu-Doom is the only edgy game that I can actually play for a decent amount of time. Or project brutality, if that's more your speed.

Don't worry mate, this year's call of gears of halo is on schedule. You'll be up and going in no time!

kill la kill wasnt even that edgy

The source material was edgier though. Antagonists cucked his wife several times.

it really is a great game once you get absorbed into all the autism

no thanks

oh uh… reverse those replies

fuck i need to play Blood some time. doesn't fit thread though, too much self awareness and jokes.

now that is hard to beat