Atelier Thread

Who's the best Autist of Arland and why is it Tootsie Pop?

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/448689/3cc5bcbd06/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump

Nothing to hon hon about

I thought it was Atelie-ay?

It is, but at least some of the games' voice actors pronounce it wrong.

Logy is objectively the best Atelier

Ah, so Logy is a reverse-trap?

No, he's male. He's just also the best girl.

I've always pronounced it as "ateli-air" and I always will.

Fucking burgers man

I tell you where, man

I want to impregnate the Jewish loli.

IMPREGNATE RORONAAAAAA

Meruru is prime fuck material. Totori would be a nice daughter, that you could also fuck.

Marry the small female Chim.

I really wish the games had a spin-off crossover. Something silly like a racing game, rhythm/"cooking" games as well.
Fighting games are a must, but I'd like something silly. Maybe Sterk is dragged through the track by a flock of his pigeons.

port to pc when?

There have been some character crossovers. I think Rorona and Sterk were in some Dynasty Warriors game, and Dead or Alive has some Atelier costumes.

Rorona is cute! Cute!

I'd like a crossover featuring the main girls and some of the most beloved side-cbaracfers, I'm aware they've been in other games as aya le characters or costumes.

Recently got back into the series, I actually started with E&L and also bought Shallie on release but never finished it. 100%ed Totori Plus starting from a new game in about two weeks, started Meruru Plus and quickly burned out. Still waiting for Rorona Plus to go on sale, picked up Ayesha Plus a few weeks ago. Hopefully soon I can find it in me to get the ball rolling on Meruru again, I did like what I've played so far and the presentation is a lot better than Totori's though Meruru herself is complete shit and I don't think I'll ever grow to like her.

Her perky titties and bloomers can make me forget just how.perfrct she is, thankfully. I do like her, but sometimes she's just TOO perfect and likeable.

What are the odds of a physical rerelease of the games?

Every time I see one of these threads I think of TitanAtelier.

Who is it trying to turn the atelier series into Neptunia General 2.0 with these awful fucking template posts? I bet these people never even played atelier games and are just trying to ruin nice things for everyone else by convincing impressionable idiots that ironic shitposting is the right way to go about atelier discussion.
Makes me fucking sick.

Gay.

I wouldn't worry about it, it'll never happen because it's just not popular enough and doesn't appeal to yurifags the same way Neptunia does. It probably is the same guy though considering the last 3 threads or so were all along the line of "hey, I haven't played this series, is this a good game to start with" with an eternally (1) OP never actually participating in discussion. He switched it up with this one, but still isn't actually making any effort to keep the thread alive through conversation.

Are we playing the same series?

Good taste user, best couple right there.

Of what, the Plus versions for the Vita? Kind of doubtful unless something comes of Limited Run Games trying to get TK to let them do prints. And even then I think they said they'd have to do them as individual releases rather than a bundle, assuming they even get the okay to do so from TK.

The Arland games have seen a bundled rerelease for the PS3, but it's worth noting that A) the bundle was done by NISA and not TK and thus any profit from it would go to the former, and B) therefore doesn't have any of the Plus versions on it, between Totori Plus and Meruru Plus not having PS3 releases and all the Plus versions being owned by TK anyhow (so anyone that buys that is stuck with vanilla Rorona).

I don't like it either, but i'm pretty sure I saw "impregnate Rorona" tier posting some years back on halfchan as well. So I'm pretty sure it's been going on for a good while, even prior to people migrating here. Doesn't help that ruggarel used to use images from the series to spam half/v/ with "why does Holla Forums hate games with anime artstyles?" threads and rile up hate for JRPGs.

To be honest, it strikes me as a bit strange that Neptunia's remained popular enough that it's got a nigh constant general, as well as fans autistic/devoted enough to remove Doerr. I mean, I'm not complaining (especially about the Doerr removal), but it just seems a bit odd that while both series are both niche and current (in that they get regular releases still; not something that can be said of every JRPG franchise sadly), Neptunia seems to have gotten really popular among some anons, while Atelier has remained fairly niche.

Though again, at least Atelier does see new release and enhanced ports, as well as having somewhat regular news to warrant discussion every so often. Some other JRPG series haven't had that luxury and there's next to no point in making threads on them.

They have been in crossover spinoffs. Cross Edge, a PS3 game by Idea Factory, has Marlone (Marie) from Atelier Marie, as well as Liliane (Lily), Rozeluxe (Raze), Whim, and Rewrich (Reicher) from Mana Khemia 2. Trinity Universe, another PS3 crossover from idea Factory, has Pamela and Violet from Atelier Violet. Or did you mean as an entirely in-series crossover (IE: like the Radiant Mythology games are solely crossovers of Tales characters) instead?

I've honestly wondered if there might be a market for a JRPG crossover fighter/Smash style game. I mean, it would probably be niche as hell, but it would be a neat way to celebrate various series for fans, as well as perhaps get some of the lesser known ones a bit more recognition (though there's certainly some fear to be had over companies seeking to cater to an influx of normalfags, though that assume a given series/dev is even still alive at this point).

Oh no, I meant an in-series crossover. You know one series will get the short stick if it's a crossover between different game series, plus the Atelier games aren't super popular to guarantee people will more or less recognize them. Plus, if it remained an in-series crossover (that Smash Bros game would be neat, or maybe something like the Narikiri Dungeon games), then that would keep undesirables away. It would be niche as hell and I doubt it would sell like crazy, but it would still be nice.

It's been a regular occurrence on these threads as far as I can remember ever since halfchan/vg/. Dunno why people are just starting to complain now.

I'm gonna guess it's because Neptunia is on PC, which has a higher userbase than any console.

Oh yeah, and also Neptunia is a lot simpler gameplay-wise, so the barrier of entry is less. A lot of people are put off by the time limits in Atelier.

I would assume some people wish the average Atelier thread had a bit of a higher quality of discussion than "which 2hu wud u fug" tier stuff.

And yeah, I would suppose that Neptunia having native PC versions (I know there's a lot of PC players around here, not that I'm complaining as their share threads have been a lot of help to me) and maybe being easier to get into might be a factor for how it's managed to get so popular with anons. Still though, I have to wonder. I never paid Neptunia that much attention, but did it see nearly as much discussion prior to the PC ports?

As far as a Smash thing, I was thinking more along the lines of one having maybe 2-3 representatives from a given series (none of that "four-to-seven characters from X series while Y series only gets 1-2" sort of issue Smash sometimes has; I don't think anyone asked for that many Fire Emblem characters) to try to give the roster more equal opportunity rather than being flooded by a ton of characters from the bigger franchises, with maybe giving some service to other series character via alternate costumes or whatever. The real issue would be trying to decide who would get in though, especially for some larger series (stuff like Final Fantasy, Tales, Dragon Quest, and Atelier could potentially run into issues there compared to much smaller ones).

Just my thoughts though. I certainly don't know how to make game, but it's been an idea I've had running through my head for a while. Plus, if anything, something like this would be a licensing nightmare if it were to be anything but a free fan game (and it would shock me that, if someone were to make a for-profit one, a lot of companies might just use it as free advertising for whatever their newest game is rather than characters series fans want, like how PSA had Donte instead of Dante). Still strikes me as a possible idea for someone out there though. I mean, Tales fans had been dissatisfied with Namco's own Tales crossover fighter, Tales of VS, and have been fiddling with making their own fan one instead ("Act Cadenza Strife"). Not sure how far they got with it though, or if it's readily playable at this point.

I've always thought an Atelier crossover game would be really cool. Since there would be so many characters, it'd be nice if it used a gameplay system that allowed for you to have a lot of characters in your active party, like an SRPG or something.

Are all the games on the Vita digital only? I don't want to have to spend $100 for a memory card in order to buy Meruru onward.

They are, except for Escha & Logy, which had a special edition that came with a physical version of the game. That'd be pretty expensive to find now, though.

As far as English releases, all of them except for Escha & Logy Plus (which saw a limited physical print) are digital only out here, and I wager they only did one for Escha & Logy Plus because the limited print of Ar Nosurge Plus apparently did pretty well (though ANS+' physical release is so unavailable it was a good $180 or so preowned online last I saw, to the point a local store having a copy for $90 is effectively "cheap"). Not sure if they might do similar for Shallie Plus (I assume that's going to come out eventually), but with Sophie they went back to the "digital only for the west" mindset for releasing on the Vita. LRG is supposedly trying to talk with TK about making physical prints for the Plus versions of Rorona, Totori, Meruru, and Ayesha since fans have brought those up, but I'm not sure what's become of that.

And yeah, the digital versions take up a lot of room at about 3 GB each. You could probably fit Rorona, Totori, Meruru, and E&L on a 16 GB card; if you need one, you might check around Black Friday for possibly marked down ones (I got a 16 GB card a few years back at half off on that Black Friday).

How much space does Sophie even take up on the Vita anyhow? I recall hearing rumor that in Japan it was somehow a whopping 9 GB.

Could always have it be a "build your own party" sort of deal, the way Radiant Mythology lets you have access to a ton of characters, but you can still only use four at once (main draw for the games to my knowledge being to see how characters from the different games interact with each other).

>ywn bully rorona

Alright faggot
What are you
COOKAN
PLAYAN
BUYAN
FUGGAN

Wondering when you'd show up

HOW MANY LICKS DOES IT TAKE TO REACH THE CENTER?
The world may never know

I want to bully a Totori.

Threadly reminder girl on girl skirt flipping isn't a crime
Did you know?

The games are PC-bound, there was a huge push this time last year for retranslating Rebirth and other Vita titles, and there's always been a sizeable Nep push on half/v/. Just that it's consistently drowned out by faggots that hate animu weeb games, or faggots that tried to beat the idea of yuri into everyone and everything.

There actually used to be quite a few comfy Atelier threads on full/v/, too. That was two years ago, though. I suppose that was the time a group of anons really started getting into the series.

For me, it's difficult to talk about in detail, personally. To start with, I don't care for too many spoilers, as seeing the characters go about their day is half the fun. Which leaves talking about the fighting system—basic, but nothing to write home about. Not terrible, but not amazing.

I've never, ever heard anyone talk about crafting, though. Like, I actually almost went full-autist in E&L and actually jotted down assloads of notes for various degrees of mixes, trait isolaters, creating leveled up effects, etc etc—things you really couldn't get away with in Ayesha, for all it's good points.

One of the most satisfying aspects was finding out personally if my formula was shit, or if I was actually on to something. Like, example: I think I went and crafted a fuck-powerful version of Logy's final level blitz stone by sheer accident, and then learned what I did and applied it to all weapons and armor so my team became walking gods. The armor crafting & Accessory crafting in E&L is utterly superb—enough that even though I have the Vita alongside the PS3 version, I'm still tempted to buy the PS3 dlc characters so I can customize them as well.

Nice digits
Did you think I called it the Autist of Arland in jest?

I want to be Rorona.

but then you will be impregnated by anons

user, don't say such things!
You'll get pregnant

Still waiting for my package…

I think you mean Katawa Shoujo level.

Now post the girl your want to impregnate.

Bump

Totori is a nasty filthy whore.

exhentai.org/g/448689/3cc5bcbd06/

I love the art, but I played the original Rorona, and it fucking sucked. Seems impossible to complete, do all the events in time, etc. without using a guide every step of the way. Too much stress in these games cause of the time management aspect and cryptic conditions for trigger events.

Did these games get better?

I played Atelier Iris back on the PS2, and the gameplay was so two-dimensional that I got bored almost immediately. I thought it was weird that it got a sequel at all, but now there's a fucking dozen of them. Did the devs find their sealegs, or is this "Gameplay Excuse to Interact With Waifus: The JRPG"?

IMPREGNATE REGGIE
You missed me, didn't you ?

I see no problems with that, Neptunia threads are usually comfy.

The Iris games, while still considered main series, handled differently than the games before or after them.

Of course he's filthy. He runs NoA after all.

Bump