What can you tell me about Drakengard, Holla Forums?

What can you tell me about Drakengard, Holla Forums?

It's a weird ride through and through, but nice if you don't care about endings. For best ending, it's a hellmarch.

Or so I've gathered from other threads about it anyway.

The most tedious, frustrating shit you'll ever play, but full of unique ideas (not all well realized sadly, like ending C) and refreshingly grim. If you like things were everyone is an asshole in some form and you despise happy endings, it is for you.

Generic shit musou game

I think i played 3, the one you can transform into a dragon from the start

shit gameplay
watch it on youtube

kill yourself kid

I love musous and I can assure you drakengard is measurably worse. Also you transform into a dragon in none of the games.

Why? The only point to play any game ever - actual gameplay - is garbage in Drakengard.
If you're oh so interested in characters and story, then it's indeed better to just watch all cut-scenes on youtube to save your time and nerves.

must be confusing games then, the one i played you are this guy that transforms into a dragon

This. Game is shit, watch a video of it or read it online.

Good atmosphere.

Shit gameplay, but not modern triple-A shit.

The cutest vidya-couple ever.

Like what? (no spoilers pls)

In which way you mean?

Christ what kind of cancerous shit is this, watch it being played? Fuck that. So what if it's shit, only retards think that playing a video game is the same experience as watching it on some shitty youtube channel.

Either play it or don't, but advocating doing something that will never give a proper experience is just disgusting.

Yeah it's not the same. Watching drakengard is much better than playing it.

That is retarded shit and you know it, if the gameplay is the kind you don't like watching it is only going to get even more boring. Oh wait you mean the cutscenes? Fuck that, that doesn't give you any context and there is no immersion from just watching somebody else play it.

Kill yourself user.

your teeth are disgusting britfag

You're comparing a game with so many cutscenes it could be made into a bad movie and which it in fact was designed to imitate a movie to give you a "cinematic" experience, with a game where the vast majority of the time is you on a rail shooter or killing dudes similar to Dynasty Warriors and the like. The number of cutscenes are far, far smaller and the first game will total only a half hour to the last of Us's 6 hours. It's also pretty disjointed and no actual context if you put them side by side in sequence.

just sayin…

You know you can jump through parts when watching right?

That still doesn't change anything, you're a faggot who enjoys pretending to experience a game instead of just getting off your ass and playing it or just not playing it at all. Cinematic games not withstanding since you don't even need to play the game and can just watch cutscenes back to back.

THE PAIN IS PART OF THE EXPERIENCE

What? No? I don't want to pretend to experience drakengard. As a matter if fact I don't want to experience it at all. I just want to watch cut-scenes and dialogues.
That's the point.
Fuck experiencing one of the worst games there is.

It's not the monsters who is scary in your pic.

Its a chronically shit series with some pretty good music and interesting plot and character

wut

tell me about yoko taro! why does he wear the mask?

It's like Pathologic, but for dumb people.

Well, you know how many stories tend to solve unsurmountable odds with the power of FRIENDSHIP and TRYING HARD ? Drakengard shits all over that. It's so brutally, pointlessly bleak it ends up being endearing.

Low budget title with a lot of charm if you're into grimdark stuff. Don't expect good gameplay.

Different user, but I'm assuming he means mixing Dynasty Warriors with Ace Combat. Not so much a 'unique' idea, more of an interesting one.

You mean the drakengard ending where dragon and hero kill the evil god by trying very hard?

also, drakenshit fags are even more obnoxious in their worship of this shitty jap rpg than smt and planescape virgin dweebs combined.

why do you want people to suffer through the super-shitty gameplay of drakengard when the only remotely interesting parts of the game are the story? are you some kind of super-neckbeard who's only accomplishments in life are playing shitty videogames? no wonder you have no sex life or friends.

He's a bit shy

I feel kind of bad for him. His face is only a google search away.

Drakengard was pretty fun, fun story and characters and gameplay on par with most early PS2 games. The flying bits are genuinely fairly fun, the ground bits are uninspired but not as awful as people like to say. Some of the darker bits of the story got dropped out of the English version but there's enough subtext there to pick up on most of them.

Drakengard is many things, but an RPG is one of those things. At best you could call it a Dinasty Warrior clone.

Because watching is not immersing yourself in the game. As for gameplay it's based off Dynasty Warriors formula of killing mass enemies over and over again except you also get to fly around on a dragon if you don't like that formula none of the Drakengard games will be tolerable.

The game itself is designed to simply fuck you in the mind, everything from the music to Caim just being a murdering murderer and the game shitting on all your effort and achievements. Watching the cutscenes and other things while skipping all the gameplay cheapens the whole thing. I'm pretty convinced from Drakengard 2 and 3 that they're deliberately making the Dynasty Warrior formula more tedious then it needs to be on purpose.

If you're a storyfag, and can get through an extremely tedious game just for the cast full of psychopaths and a ridiculously weird plot, then you might want to check out Drakengard. Otherwise avoid it, because the gameplay is garbage. Anyone who says otherwise is full of shit and is probably another autistic Taro Yoko worshipper who thinks this heavily flawed series is the second coming of Christ.

Really low budget, unexpectedly polished in some places while neglected with others. You'll play it for the story and the atmosphere and committing genocide will be pretty fun for a while, but it will become a chore soon enough. I guess killing hundreds of thousands by yourself can get tiring. Either way, you'll probably go for three out of the four endings, but the fourth one honestly isn't worth it. It's hell getting there.

Also, the gameplay is part of the narrative. It's tiring, repetitive and mind-numbing on purpose, and it's vital to experience it to immerse yourself in the game.

It's shit if you look at it like a traditional game, but if you get into the right mindset… Well, it's an experience.

This is the autism surrounding this game I'm talking about. The gameplay isn't bad on purpose, and I'm pretty sure the director has admitted that it was due to shitty developers. "It's bad because it's part of the experience" is wrong and you need to quit parroting this garbage.

ihearasound
hearasound
earasound
arasound
rasound
asound
sound
ound
und
nd
d
nd
und
ound
sound
asound
rasound
arasound
earasound
hearasound
ihearasound

When I read what was required to get the last ending(collect all 50 weapons), I just downloaded a save file, just so that I could fight the last boss.

Great story, atmosphere, and raw characters… gameplay wise, it's shit. It is neat how you get all the story though, even if the last ending is a pain. Play Drakengard and Nier. If Nier 2 is any good get ready to learn Japanese because 8-4 is going to royally fuck the story in that game.

Why in the ever loving fuck is Taro giving them the freedom to rewrite huge portions of the game? The world may never know.

Even if it isn't on purpose,it doesn't really change its part in the narrative. Lots of videogames had things incorporated in the gameplay that weren't put in there on purpose yet actually made the game better. Devil May Cry's juggle system wasn't on purpose either, but it still enriched the gameplay.

The gameplay is fucking awful.

We have no idea how much of the game 8-4 is rewriting, for all we know they're just rewriting a few jokes. Remember that 8-4 did MGR and did a good job of it when kept on a leash.

The game literally rewards you for juggling and it is the only way to build meter using Ebony and Ivory.
Oh and Drakengard actually got good reviews when it was released. 7/10 from almost every publication. The fact it is a shit game came after its exposure. Not only is it one of the worst musou games on the system, musou is absolute trash from the get go.

I thought Kamiya intentionally had juggling put into DMC because he played some other game in which juggling was an unintentional glitch?

Originally it was a glitch.

Great story and characters everyone is an asshole one way or another. Fucking godly insane music, which fits the theme.
Gameplay wise shit, the ground combat is shit the flying sections are pretty neat.

Yes, collecting all weapons plus leveling them all up to the max, meaning killing thousands upon thousands of puny little humans.
I'm half way, but I enjoy the endless wacking shit.

I'm still hoping for a remake or some sort with platinum games doing the combat.

I don't remember it being that bullshit. It was just collecting all of them.

Well if I'm wrong it's too late, I'm going for 100%

You're retarded. Bad gameplay doesn't fit into the narrative at all. Killing thousands of people does, sure. Making it tedious as shit and take forever doesn't.

wut. he said watch cutscenes, not gameplay, you hothead.

Excellent soundtrack

Wow, friendo. If you say it, it must be true.

OP again. I'm sorry but not only am I a faggot, I'm also retarded.

Anyways, anyone know if there's a PC port? Or failing that, a good emulator?

It runs fine in PCSX2 aside from some audio slowdown here and there and some gameplay slowdown on some of the more crowded missions.

It's weird, really weird.

There is a part where you have to kill children, then you get the option to summon a pedophile while killing children.

What would you expect from the man that on his autobiography says that when his best friend died by falling out of a roof while they were playing he saw the event as "horrifying but also pretty amusing"

He likes to cosplay his own characters

Sounds like the average 2chan user.

Pardon my newfaggotry, but what character is that?

Fucking awful, but to truly experience it yourself you have to play it. I got three endings and stopped playing because it hurt to much.

I went into this game thinking it was going to be some RPG with your dragon and shit, young me was not prepared.

Spoilered answer due to actual spoilers in plot.

Emil from NieR.

Forgot pic, I'm a dolt.

This is what he looks like initially, he gets turned into as part of the story.

What got dropped? Tell me more senpai!

I got this game as a kid, I was probably somewhere between 12-14. To be honest I was probably too immersed in the grind to realize how fucked up this game is, I don't remember picking up on the incest pedophillia or child cannibalism at all. I knew the game was dark and fucked up, I mean I was killing giant babies, but I didn't get the whole impact.

I wanted that final fucking ending. I was at that age where extreme monotony and difficulty didn't bother me and I looked up how to get the final ending online somewhere and I was grinding my way through the bullshit timed event triggers to unlock all the weapons and I was so close.

Then one day I came home to find out one of my dad's friends deleted the save data for some sports bullshit game. Sold Drakengard STRAIGHT to gamestop because fuck even thinking about grinding through all that again.

P E D O P H I L I A and I N C E S T

Both are only implied in the English release but outright stated in the Japanese version.

Normalfags are truly the scum of the Earth.

I think they're pretty heavily implied at least.

I think they were dropped from the NA release.

It helps that I absolutely love musous and anything that lets me kill lots of enemies.

Now granted, I didn't get very far in the game, and I can understand that it would get tedious if you had to grind every weapon to max level.

It definitely gets tedious but bombing soldiers by flying over them with a dragon is sweet.

Not much but this guy can with his halfway descent review sorry no webm

Whelp the flying transition segments can get dull, and once you start flying a dragon around you'll just get knocked off with inhuman precision by archers whom will conveniently be everywhere that matters immediately. Plus the best attack is dull because it's the only thing worth doing and you'll have to do it for any reasonable progress once in the castle against those heavy guys.

It was a glitch from another game that he was interested in as said
Juggling in DMC 1 is completely intentional. Thats why moves like High Time, Air Dive and the floating on Ebony and Ivory exist.

seen this guys stuff before, he's my fave Taro content creator . shame noone watches him

okay I will admit the dragon segments are sucky, easily the worst part of the game, but the regular fighting with a sword was pretty cool to me