Vidya Coincidences

What the fuck are you talking about? Why are you maining something? Just pick a character you like and hit smash buttons and special moves and and you win

What a boring, completely safe and unpunishable way to play the game, OP

One of the worst options you fucktard

Scrub detected

cool blog post

None of you anons have any coincidences that you've experienced in your years of vidya?

Too bad that the Brawl hotfix isn't worth playing for more than five minutes. You wasted a lot of mental effort that could have been spent on Melee, or any other game that's deeper than a puddle.

Nothing worth talking about.

I main kirby in melee.
How do you think I feel about grabs.

I have a guess

Besides Melee having the best aerial momentum I like Sm4sh better in literally every department

ST had a lot of stuff like that. Melee at that level is fun as fuck to watch. The finals at evo were fucking tense and Hbox fucking did it.

I don't have a wii u so I didn't give smash 4 much of a chance, but when I do check out like top 8s at majors or whatever I do usually see at least somebody doing something interesting. Bayo shenanigans that have since been nerfed, euro-nigger greninja gimps, Mario's doing rude shit. If i was younger I'd have thought it was awesome, but I really don't have the time to drop into Smash 4 like how I got into melee when it came out.

Are you one of those people who think a speedrun isn't valid if a glitch is used?
Because if so, please let me know at the earliest convenience so I can stop arguing with you post-haste.

I think tool-assistance is kinda faggoty (ie playing the game frame-by-frame) but I don't think speedruns are comparable to a game whose entire meta revolves around the use of bugs not present in later games

The developers decided to leave combos in the game after Street Fighter 2, because they're cool dudes.
The lead developer of Melee, and Sakurai as well, hated depth with a passion, and removed it from all their games in the future, hence the tanking metacritic scores.
Don't blame me for the shitty decisions of developers I have nothing to do with. I play this game because it's good. If they made the other games good, I'd play them as well.

Wave-dashing, l cancelling, DI, and edge cancelling aren't bugs or quirks really I don't think.

VI and possibly sdi might have been unintended.

People are really good at using negative edge cancels…let's take em out.

I guess arcade fighters wanted the more fervent audience because they wanted the quarters, but Nintendo wanted the kid audience?

The thing is I played melee for years without knowing any of the competitive shit about it, I didn't even know it existed. I love it now, but it was already one of my favorite games to play since long before any of that shit.

Also this, seriously. I shine daired my brother back in '04, and I shine dair people every week at tournaments now. It's the same great game; just faster.

i dunno man. comparing melee to sf1 is apples and oranges.

sakurai clearly didn't want the competitive-fags on his game, in case tripping didn't make that loud and clear (though to be fair, that was to stop fox trotting, but it's still a retarded measure).

as opposed to sf2 which turned out to be the apex of competitive fighting games, but it was built for competition from the ground up.

what we should really be talking about here is another issue altogether - should the game have been respected as competitive, despite the designers vision otherwise? that's an interesting question. but when all's been said, i feel like they really did do well with smash 4. it doesn't play like melee at all but it still has depth in its own right.

as long as we are all having fun playing video games, i don't think it matters. there's a great community for both games, so play whichever you like.

You're comparing BRAWL to Street Fighter right now. I'm talking about MELEE. Get your shit straight.
Melee was built to have one of the fastest and most in-depth systems of any fighting game ever. You can think of that as the Street Fighter 2 of the series. Now AFTER that, the Street Fighter devs tried to improve on what they learned, whereas the Nintendo devs went against all the basic precepts of what made Melee great, and made what I consider to be a completely different, and vastly inferior game.
To use another video game analogy, Brawl (and Smash 4, since I consider that no more than a patch of Brawl) is the DmC (2013) of the series.