This game got everyone so hyped only to take a massive atomic shit down our throats...

This game got everyone so hyped only to take a massive atomic shit down our throats. Why is it so difficult to make a good Godzilla game these days? Or really any games with giant monsters?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/sOgwh
archive.is/GdBRz
archive.is/KeMDI
archive.is/hrUAS
8ch.net/tv/res/417248.html
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why make a good game when you'll pay the same price for garbage

Has there ever been a good Godzilla game, though? I've only played Super Godzilla, Destroy All Monsters, and Godzilla Unleashed and they weren't really all that great.

not enough love

DAMM, Save the Earth and Unleashed were good for what they were, they weren't masterpieces but if you wanted monster beat em up action with all the recognizable monsters they delivered.

I'm pretty hopeful for this game;

archive.is/sOgwh
archive.is/GdBRz
archive.is/KeMDI
archive.is/hrUAS

The kaiju silhouette they've shown is so obviously Godizlla it's fucking laughable. Like, why even hide it? We get it you're making a Godzilla game where you play as a helpless nobody just trying to survive.

War of the Monsters on PS2 was fun as fuck.
King of the Monsters on SNES was also fun in its time.

Neither are explicitly Godzilla games, but a kaiju's a kaiju.

I think it's trying to mimic the movies.

EVA01 too

Yeah it looks like they're getting anything kaiju and mecha they can get their hands on. Which of course means it'll probably not come out in America because it'll be a licensing nightmare. So it's got that going against it

There is a high chance it will get an Asian release with english text. That pretty much happening with 75% of Namco's games.

But for real though, when is THIS going to happen? I don't care if it's video games or movies, WHEN?

Laziness.

No. Seriously.

Remember that Loli Game with the Giant Girl in the Suit? That actually could wreck your shit before you even got into close range?

That had more effort put into it than the last.. 5~10 giant monster games.

The last good one was Eat Them! but ultimately, the amount of levels was the games downfall. It just wasn't long enough and repeating the same thing over and over isn't fun.

ANYWAY.

Here is the recipe to making an excellent giant Monster Game.

1. Destructibility.
1A. Being punished or rewarded for destruction.
ie; If you're the Giant Hero, you're rewarded for NOT destroying everything / defeating the Giant Monster with minimal damage and fast speed ala RAD.
If you're the Giant Monster, you're rewarded for destroying the Giant Hero's backup, trashing the town/city, causing as much collateral damage as possible.
1B. ACTUAL DESTRUCTION.
THQ had the mother of all destruction engines on their hand, so did DICE. What did they do with them? Fucking nothing after releasing two games that upped the bar on what could be destroyed.

2. Customization.
Eat Them had great options, but ultimately, they were unbalanced.
RAD only had upgrades and the utterly useless DOUBLE ROCKET PUUUUUUUUUUNNNCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH and their OMFG EVANGELION MODE.

tl;dr make the upgrades awesome shoutouts to mecha anime and comics from all regions.

3. Controls.
RAD's control scheme was unique and funny. Doesn't mean it was fucking useful.
Eat Them had a decent scheme.
Destroy All Monsters also had a decent one but terrible camera.

4. Mother-fucking-music.
We need pulse pounding drums.
We need guitars.
We need a full on orchestra.
We need every goddamn thing.
Custom music, select your tracks.
For example, ACE R ( that shit fest from From Software, holy fuck the PS2 games were better) let you swap music from other series , ie Gundam Cross Bone's Music for Aquarions.
We need goddamn knock-off tracks.

5. Levels and a DECENT story.
Lots of fucking levels.
Not Earth Defense Force 2025 amount of levels, jesus christ. I love the game but over 100 fucking levels of mostly doing the same shit? Fun with friends only goes so far.
I mean, depending on the character you pick their story mode looks different.
The American Monster/ Hero will look like a dramatic TV show.
The European Monster / Hero story mode will play out like a bad episode of Eva.
The Japanese Monster/ Hero will just be insanity.

6. Multiplayer is what is going to make or kill the game.
Should it be split screen couch / co-op . competitive?
Capture the Damsel.
Destroy the Mothership.
Team Smash Match. Destroy as much as possible, etc

in before gb2/m/

Speaking of Godzilla, the new Godzilla movie named in Japanese Shin Godzilla and in English Godzilla Resurgence has got overwhelmingly positive reviews on Japen, and some faggot from Kotaku gave it a mixed review.

Is Anno a hack or what?

never

he is, but that doesn't mean the movie is bad

We'd probably have everything on your list and more if there was still a dedicated studio for Godzilla games like when Pipeworks was still making games for the series. Bamco seriously needs to have a studio directed solely to Godzilla games, but we know that would never happen

At least it's highly likely that Godzilla vs Kong(Not King Kong, Kong. Isn't rebranding fun and non-confusing?) seems likely

I want to say Anno is like a Japanese Michael Bay, but I think that is stretching it. But yeah, he is a hack.

The movie is a legit masterpiece, Kotaku is fucking Kotaku.

Damn, I haven't been following Godzilla as closely as I used to. Didn't even know about this. So we get new Godzilla and Gamera this year?

Shin Gojira is fucking great.
As for your second question, yes and no. Anno's done a lot of stupid shit and a lot of really fucking cool shit. On one hand he's done dumb shit like the Rebuild series, on the other hand he funded out of his own pocket the opening of a musuem for kaiju movie miniature sets. Which incidentally lead him to getting the directing role of Shin Gojira.
There's actual dozens of videos and articles about him and his career, so go find that content and form your own opinion

Is there a torrent out already?

Nothing yet, some Chinese leakers say they'll leak it on the 12th of August

Tokusatsu is Anno's real passion but the guy has been forced in a corner by the fame of Eva. He's done some stupid shit but I feel like Godzilla to him is one of his lifelong dreams and he gave it his all.

So they are fusing the Skull Island movie and Godzilla? If they wanted to make a cinematic universe they're already 10 steps behind Toho.

It came from them having to reuse vehicles and suits for money reasons. But it made them iconic and created their monster universe.

I've never trusted Kotaku with anything outside of product plugs, like Amibos and shit like that. It seems they have a habit of picking the worst person for the job.

Supposedly, yes. Rumor has it that Kong vs Godzilla is slated for a 2020 release

Maybe if we were talking Slattern or higher. None of the Jaegers would last longer against big G than Zilla did.

Legendary Kaiju Universe is most likely a lame duck, Kong will flop and Godzilla 2 has no director and was pushed back by a year. And to say they are 10 steps behind Toho is a huge understatement, more like 100 steps.

I feel like the scaling is all wrong for this crossover. King Kong has always been depicted as being somewhere between 15 and 30 feet tall (maybe a bit more in the most recent movie), while the 2014 Godzilla is over 300 feet tall. It would be like watching a chimpanzee attempt to kill an elephant.

bro

Didn't stop the japs

judging by the skull island trailer they made kong fucking huge for that purpose

There is this thread on Holla Forums 8ch.net/tv/res/417248.html some user typed out how the movie goes from start to finish

What happened to Edwards?

He found making Rogue One veeeeewy stweeeeeessful and quit Godzilla 2 throwing the entire Legendary monster universe into chaos.

rogue one looks like fucking ass though, it looks like a fucking straight to tv movie.

I legit thought it was a TV miniseries for the longest time.

The rumors are that Disney pussified the whole movie against his wishes but who knows.

The Rugrats PS1 game is the best Godzilla game ever made.

never even heard of it

Don't remind me

I liked the NES Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters game just because it had the other monsters from the non-Godzilla movies. That game and Godzilla Fantasia (some fan-made clip show) made me look for all the giant monster movies Toho made.

Does he fight another monster? I thought Shin Gojira was supposed to have another monster?

Does Primal Rage count as a kaiju/giant monster game? It was pretty fun.

Wasn't that pacific rim?

how can you be any more pussified than modern star wars already is

old star wars wasn't even that hardcore

That wasn't even the worst one either

Didn't this game die?

Fuck y'all, I backed that game.

It hurts.

Got a capture of the Judo flip where the dude was ACTUALLY inside the Godzilla suit?

yes and no.

The future looks promising.

No, it's just Godzilla, but…

Whoever designed him made him more of an eldrich abomination and the bastard child of a threesome with Hedorah, Destroyah, and John Carpenter's The Thing. He starts out much smaller butt is leaking some weird red liquid. he then becomes the monster in the trailers and eventually he gets pissed and starts using his ray. His body mutates and his mouth gets fucking huge as hes're firing a mist, a smog, a blast, finally a LASER of atomic energy. Then his SPINES AND TAIL start shooting fucking laser at EVERYTHING as a massive fuck you. He mutates again into a slightly more stable form. At the end of the film when he's comatose/frozen/ knocked out, you can see that he has physically come into contact with humans from the places he destroyed.

They are grafted to his body, frozen in a state of agony as they sprout Godzilla spines from their back.

Dude, the director of Godzilla VS said he wanted to include Bagan in the game but had to get the main toho stars in the game first.

Could you imagine playing as this guy and after you throttle the military/other monster, this fucking tune starts up?

Glad to hear that the Nemesis design has a chance to appear in a game that isn't shit. It's a really good Discount Godzilla type design and I'd hate to see it be wasted

Sounds hype, hopefully they get another shot at it. Godzilla VS definitely had potential.

Yeah, Nemesis is pretty cool and Matt Frank has a special soft spot for her, hence his work on the comic series.

That's true, they went and did a re-shoot earlier this year because they wanted it to be more family friendly or something like that.That was during the time Edwards dropped Godzilla 2 and that's why nobody has heard anything about the Rogue One since it's last trailer. All I want is a war movie in space like LOGH. Why the fuck can't they do something right for once?

FUCK OFF WITH YOUR LOTGH

HOLY SHIT I'VE SPENT NEARLY TWO WEEKS OFF OF THE INTERNET FOR A VACATION AND THE FIRST THING I SEE WHEN I GET BACK IS ANOTHER FUCKING REACTION IMAGE FRON THAT SHITTY CHINESE CARTOON

T W O F U C K I N G W E E K S
W
O

F
U
C
K
I
N
G

W
E
E
K
S

I AM CURRENTLY IN NORTHERN CANADA SITTING ON A DOCK BY THE LAKE AFTER FINISHING READING A NICE BOOK AND DRINKING SOME TEA AND CASUALLY PULL OUT MY FUCKING TABLET TO CHECK Holla Forums AND THE FIRST THREAD I SEE HAS THAT BLONDE TRANNY FUCK STARING BACK AT ME

I WAS ACTUALLY ENJOYING MYSELF BUT YOUR FUCKING REACTION IMAGES HAVE SINGLEHANDIDLY INVALIDATED ANY ENJOYMENT I GOT FOM WATCHING THAT SHOW AND RUINED MY FUCKING VACATION

FUCK YOU FOR WASTING MY EXPENSIVE CANADIAN DATA WITH IMAGES FROM YOUR SHIT ANIME I'M PROBABLY GOING TO BE CHARGED $50 NOW IF NOT MORE FOR RESPONDING TO YOU BUT I'M THAT ANGRY

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Is this ne pasta?

new*

I didn't order an extra salty pasta, m8.

Those are some nice comics. The novels look decent enough as well. I hope Project: Nemesis can eventually turn into the Kaiju return to glory we're all looking for in vidya

maybe you shouldn't of come back, it's better for everyone that way

One can hope.

I loved King of the Monsters for what it was, same with War of the monsters and was fine with the whole "this monsters is an obvious knockoff of this popular monster but no one cares because the game is fucking fun".

Fuck, the more I think on it, the more I just want another King of the Monsters game.

Who the fuck owns takara now?

I can be an obvious knockoff but as long as it can stand on it's own I think it's fine. Nemesis accomplishes this pretty well.

Takara-Tomy just puts out Transformers shit today I think. I don't know last time they were involved in video games.