Texas teen electrocuted after cell phone accidentally falls in bathtub

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - A 14-year-old girl from Lubbock died early Sunday morning after being electrocuted in a bathtub.

kcbd.com/story/35851834/texas-teen-electrocuted-after-cell-phone-accidentally-falls-in-bathtub

Madison Coe's mother and grandmother tell us she was in the bathtub, and either plugged her phone in or simply grabbed her phone that was already plugged in. It happened at her father's house in Lovington, NM.

Madison just graduated 8th grade from Terra Vista Middle School in Frenship ISD. "It is with heavy hearts that Frenship ISD mourns the loss of Madison Coe. We wish to share our heartfelt sympathy with her family and friends as we carry the burden of this tragedy together," officials with FISD said.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/MikeHoltNEC/videos?flow=grid&view=0&sort=p
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2763825/
learnabout-electronics.org/PSU/psu30.php
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformer_types
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dielectric_strength
righto.com/2012/10/a-dozen-usb-chargers-in-lab-apple-is.html
amazon.com/Shibari-Wand-Original-Power-Massager/dp/B06WP27F71/
smh.com.au/nsw/faulty-usb-phone-charger-blamed-for-sheryl-aldeguers-death-20140627-zsoc8.html
thesun.co.uk/news/3111249/man-dies-after-charging-iphone-while-lying-in-a-bath-with-the-mobile-resting-on-his-chest/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Was this done by jews, niggers, shitskins or any sort of politically motivated action? No? THEN WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU POSTING IT ON Holla Forums FOR YOU FUCKING NIGGER

BAN ASSAULT PHYSICS

wew. This isn't really news; this is a dumbass kid not bothering to know anything about electricity and how it interacts with the world around her. Particularly water.

Lived in a single mother household. She was fucked from the start. Probably better this way statistically.

sage

(((If we can't have culture threads we can't have news threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)))

Because she's a white girl and there's now one less white girl in the West

slide thread

are you going to make a thread everytime a white dies? go kill yourself and make a thread about it then faggot

Killed by 5 volts? I'm confused

probably got shocked by 115VAC from the wall outlet using one of them shitty chink adapters.

Stop trying to slide, kike. Reported for tabloid horseshit.

Bathroom receptacles have ground fault protection. How could she contact 120v? I'm saying she was murdered, definitely.

Not politics or current events tbh. Not even really good for banter.

Wow this is breaking news content right here.

Can a normal cellphone that isnt plugged in shock you to death in the shower?
Im asking because I always look at phone in shower…

Could have been a house out of code using shitty mexican labor and didn't have CGFI outlets installed.

Its sad to see someone so young die from something that silly. Hopefully what ever afterlife she goes to is better than the Wiemar dystopia she grew up in.

That's how it happened, user. Her parents should sue that chinese company for not having proper safety measures in place. but I doubt it will happen because its China.

Either there was a major failure somewhere or something is very wrong with the story.

Hello lawsuit.

Darwinism. It can induce an inappropriate chuckle too.

My entire house is grounded through a coaxial cable TV line plugged into a surge protector behind my primary computer. If the fucks who built my house were still alive, I'd skin them and feed them to pigs.

Right, they should have a circuit breaker that sets off if too much current flows through it. You know those ones with the button in the middle that clicks if you plug too much shit in?

I don't think the diodes would take any significant amount of current flow after the dead short on the 5v side of the cable.
She was murdered, I'm on the case.

user you must settle this debt with their descendents
No one deserves what they have done

5v at 1A from a cell charger cannot kill you, unless you wrapped the bare wire around your ears. Story is bullshit, she an hero'd and the family is covering it up, possibly with a kike lawyer is looking for a settlement, or she was flat out murdered.
It depresses me how you faggots never even attended a physics class.

OP you're a niggerfaggot for posting this and everyone who bumps this unironic shitpost of a thread is a retard

NEVER USE SHITTY CHARGERS
NEVER USE EBAY CHARGERS

The house is definitely out of code, and the parents probably used wetback labor.

what would be a non-shit charger, you autist? It's all made in fucking china. 5v cannot penetrate the dielectric properties of even wet skin, and the path of current would have to pass across the heart or brain. story is horse shit.

Guess I'll post this.

Did you read the thread? People were theorizing what could have happened to get the full impact of the power outlet, it's obvious that just the 5 volts alone wouldn't kill you. Suicide is certainly a possibility though.

The video he linked showed that shitty faulty charger passing through 240 volts.

Or it was just an old house without that shit like CGIF outlets.

Lucky to get grounded wiring on the second floor half the time.

I don't have to read the thread to know the story is horse shit, which is my point.

applying 240 volts to your hand still isn't lethal. Unless she used her fucking mouth the path of current went no-where near her heart or brain.

to add to this a 120v house line doesn't produce 240v while maintaining a lethal amperage, unless your cell charger magically broke the law of thermodynamics. you faggots need to go back to school i swear.
Voltage = current * rsistance

Typical household amps is between 15 and 20. So 240 volts plus 15-20 amps was transferred through wet skin (which is far less resistant than dry skin) you'd be dead for sure, would you not?

> youtube.com/user/MikeHoltNEC/videos?flow=grid&view=0&sort=p

just fyi the current could have kuk'd her, lil chargerz can be up to 2ampz n those lil electron pozloadz want to crawl back to the starting line, if the tub n plumbing got back to the box on the out side of the house (le grounding meme) she could have got a lil sparky. pluz water poz'z up the body

> ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2763825/

not saying something fishy wazn't going on but we could not have the factz from the ((newz)), say the usb charger waz plugged into some ac extension line which then fallz in the tub.

darwin awardz?

Your post was fucking painful to read, quit talking like a nigger.

Residential grounding also includes plumbing.
The whole bathtub was ground.
The shitty USB charger was pumping out 120v 60hz.
The current traveled down her arm, across her heart, into the water, through the pipes, to ground.

482051 is an actual retard for not watching the videos, then claiming every nation uses the same mains voltage, then claiming it's impossible for a switch mode power supply to output it's supply voltage in a failure state.

Ouch

for that to happen the coils would have to mysteriously multiply within the device to convert it from a step-down transformer to a step up transformer. 120v -> 5v would be a coil ratio of 24:1, that 1 would have to magically multiply by a factor of 50, as in the copper coil fucking grew 50 times for no reason.

Some thoughts… The only potentially high voltages in a cell phone are the discharge capacitor for the camera flash… Secondly if it was plugged in using a counterfeit charger, the negative 5V feed line is directly grounded to mains. It's supposed to be isolated via the transformer… But gooks don't know shit

Would have racemixed with her

you do have to read the thread if you want to make a good point tho.
So Next time, read the full thread before making a dumb comment.

Also, if you dont know anything about electricity… then stay out of those topics

If the device is supposed to step 120V down to 5, but is a Chinese piece of broken shit, then nothing gets stepped down and you get a full 120V, and if things really go wrong you get 15-20 amps through your wet skin. I don't know where you are getting this "step up" nonsense from, the source voltage is already there, ready to accidentally be used.

what race are you?

Yes its more dangerous in the shower than the bath and even more dangerous if its not plugged in.

Natural selection.

Yeah… Negative terminal directly connected to transformer high side.. connected grounding planes really. Wire probably had enough capacity to deliver power for a few seconds before melting the charger and wire. You can see dissasemblies of these counterfeit chargers by EE's on youtube they are often aghast at what they find.

I dont know where you getting 120v from when the post I replied to said 240v. kill yourself you fucking illiterate.

What? She's in Texas, dumbfuck.
And a failed transformer (which is what you are struggling to describe) would short the house line the moment she plugged it in the outlet, or it would fucking melt.

you faggots keep damage controlling for your ignorance, it's fucking amusing

Wh.. Aryan >_>

Do you have autism, you poor thing?

Is there an electrician anime?

Because this took place in Texas, where home voltage would be 120v. The 230/240 discussion is relating to chargers (like the one in the video) being used in non-American nations.

can you v=I*R? fucking idiot

yea nah, have you even seen transformer wire? the moment that ground faulted it would have broke break. try milliseconds.

Lines for "machines" (AC, water heater, etc) are 240.
t. Currently making an addition on my home.

It could very well be that she was using another… Electrical device in the bathtub and since she's a minor, they don't want to say what sort of device it was, if you get my drift.

oh well there's the problem, I'm talking about OP's subject when a spontaneous faggot asked me about something irrelevant.

What about if my cellphone is waterproof?

I was the guy that suggested a ban on cellphones and other electronic devices for people that didn't knew that equation back in 11th grade, became less edgy over the years

You're missing the point fam. That 5V is made using 120Vac.

What is the mains voltage in the UK?
What is the mains voltage in North America?

Where is the man in
and
located?

How much voltage is necessary to penetrate the skin?
How long of a shock is necessary to cause ventricular fibrillation?
How much current is necessary to cause ventricular fibrillation?
What voltage can you begin to feel electricity?
How does a switch mode power supply work?
What are the dangers of a switch mode power supply?

Tell us how a switch mode power supply works, and it's many failure modes.
Tell us the many transformer variants, and how they can all fail.
Tell us the output current of a transformer.
Tell us the effects of using a DC circuit with AC input current.
What is a bridge rectifier?
What happens to the output voltage of a bridge rectifier?

All of these questions aren't even EE 101.

I wish there was, then maybe 482051 wouldn't be such a retard.

probably this

KEK, my sides exploded

True, but no one is charging their phone from that.

aryan isn't a race

Another thought. My phone charger can outpit 22 volts at 30w. Quick charge 3.0

We sure have a lot of electricians on Holla Forums .

Why the hell are you sub-niggers bumping this cuckchan-tier slide thread?

She looks like her friends are total thots, if she was a virgin and I knew she wouldn't call the loli police, I would have racemixed with her and had a family.

I know the wife WILL sue him for more shekels (and push alimony laws in Texas too), but I'm wondering if the mother will truly care her daughter died. And by caring, I mean as a mother, not as a woman

Electrical autism

I've been using sage because I agree it's not really worth bumping.

This board is a pretty big fan of Tesla, afterall.

Remember Pizzagate? apparently most of the board consist of paedophiles

I'm a fan of Aeolia Schoenberg

So someone want to buy some of those knockoff eBay chargers, fill a tub with girly scented bubbles, human sediment and drop the charging end in the water? Gonna wager a device isn't necessary to be charged but it could help.

Not him but did I pass the quiz?

Without searching it up, I guess it is a power supply that can operate on 120vac and 240vac. It works by switching between 2 different transformers with different turn ratios.

Geez son every transformer is made up of two coils around a common core, how many different variants can there be??

I believe it is the reverse of the coil ratio (voltage steps up, current steps down by the same factor)

The DC and AC aren't electrically isolated?

A thingy that flips the negative half of a sine wave to produce a pulsating but always positive waveform.

It is positive.

kys shitskin

What does this have to do with politics, news (actual news not this slide thread bullshit), happening or current events (see previous parentheses)?

SAGE

it's designed to output DC, not AC, and all those states are irrelevant as the device would literally melt if there's a ground fault and the conductivity would break the moment she plugged it in. This isn't a fucking refrigerator transformer with thick coils.

Rtotal = Rskin(in) + Rinternal + Rskin(out)
still has to cross the heart or brain, irrelevent

Current which is what you meant to say, rated at 1-2 mA causes tissue damage, kill yourself

see above if you haven't killed yourself yet

wet skin or dry?

by stepping down the voltage if it's from a higher source, the fuck is your point here?

over-voltage to equipment

it's a phone charger

it's still a fucking phone charger

it produces halfwave? the fuck does that matter?

diode bridge that converts AC to DC after it has been stepped down in voltage, in the event of an over-voltage these diodes would fail causing a ground-fault

you asked the same thing twice

I thought we were talking about 5V power supplies, not 3 phase.

The question he asked was about transformer variants, you said:
>every transformer is made up of two coils around a common core
But you can have more/less coils than two it seems.

just dropped in and it seems everyone on this thread except you never made it past highschool.

it's going to step up to a V30,000 cathode tube too, watch

lol then correct my statements. stay mad faggot

single moms always create more single moms

He was saying you DID pass high school.

im a faggot

Why do you seem to think it's impossible for a charger that is supposed to step down 120 volts to 5 volts fail at doing so because of shitty Chinese construction and therefore deliver the full 120 accidentally? Video in here shows that exact scenario happening, but with 230v instead of just 120v, because in Europe they use higher voltages.

That's no potential 6 white kids in 2 generations.
Eternal chink and eternal faceberg strike again.

I've always been told that 110v was deadlier than 220v. I don't really wish to engage in this discussion, but that's my .02.

In the scope of a low voltage power supply, user.

a failed transformer would mean the coil broke meaning no current is passing, or, the two coils are touching, which would result in a ground fault and fry the thing long before it could "hold a charge" or pass current to an outside ground source.

Also Texas uses 120v, which is where this gril is from.

that because both leads on a 220v outlet are hot

The question about death requires more than just voltage. The worst static shock you have ever experienced was thousands of volts, but the shock only lasted a tiny fraction of a second, thus not enough amps to kill you.

But his questions were testing general knowledge, not knowledge relating to this specific circumstance I believe.

Couldn't a faulty device simply have a short somewhere that is causing the current to bypass the transformer altogether, thus delivering the full 120v?

Which is exactly what I have already said, but the point of the video is to show THIS EXACT SCENARIO OCCURRING but with more voltage due to being a different country. The point of the video is showing that it's possible for those USB ports to be delivering way too much fucking voltage, because China.

I meant to say is, 220 is actually deadlier. it uses a second hot lead that is in an inverted phase, making a peak difference of 220v. Basically a +110v line and a -110v line in the same circuit

Close.
learnabout-electronics.org/PSU/psu30.php

That depends on how their wrapped.
Most small transformers have windings wrapped on top of each other. If the insulation melts, there is a greater risk of the transformer windings loosing isolation.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformer_types

I'll give you that. I meant to steer the question into the fact that you can't get DC current from just a transformer.

Yes, but DC circuits are incompatible with AC current.

Good job, you're smarter than

Let's grade

you would need three things for this:

a break in the first coil
short to the second coil before the break
circuity allowing a direct current to pass-through, with no voltage hindrance while still not passing any of the current to ground on the neutral lead.

in other words, the odds are really fucking high, nothing is impossible but she had a better chance of discovering crude oil in her bathtub. Most likely her hands were wet and she touched the outlet, cell phone being irrelevant.

White girls die from stupid pointless accidents every single day all across the world. If we created a new thread on Holla Forums every time it happened, we wouldn't have room in the catalog for anything else.

I'm sorry the girl you were crushing on shocked herself, but this doesn't belong on Holla Forums.>>10234015
This isn't even autism. This is pure retardation.

Yeah true.

So from what I've gathered from this thread so far…Suicide by phone in bathtub is impossible? What electronic puts out a high enough voltage to kill someone?
asking for a friend

I've dropped a phone into the bathtub before without being electrocuted

anything over 40v that can deleiver 2 mA to wet skin, BUT the brain or heart has to be in-between the path to ground, like a bare foot on a manhole or a bathtub drain

Anything that runs off mains power without an "adapter" at the wall. Like the industrial sized vibrator she was probably using.

Don't use cheap Chinese chargers in the bathroom and you'll be fine.
Don't use mains appliances in the bathroom without a GFI and you'll be fine.
Suicide using a phone by itself in a bath is impossible without puncturing the skin.

Never take advice from 482051 and you'll be fine.

Its not the phone that electrocuted her. It was the charger cord that fell in.

post a pic of a non-Chinese phone charger before you kill yourself tonight in rage

EE student here
Dielectric strength of water (ie how long it will retain it's structure until it allows current through it) is 65 to 70 Mega Volts per meter. (for distilled water that is, with minerals I assume it would be half that).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dielectric_strength

So, yea… depending how short the gap between voltage differences was, but I can't say that a voltage of phone battery can electrocute someone, it's just plain wrong.

It was either the charger cord with something very wrong happening to the adapter, or it was something other than a phone.

this is most likely the case
Seen few example of chinese chargers that didn't isolate the mains voltage properly so it sparked from time to time on the low end

Okay so it was the charger that killed her. Assuming she was probably using an iPhone . Don't those only put out 1 amp, 5 volts? That's enough to kill you ?

Would racemix/10

more than once without breaking connection? amazing.

Read the thread. No, 1 amp/5 volts isn't enough. The debate is whether the charger is shitty enough to accidentally deliver the full 120v and 15-20 amps from the outlet.

You still can't read, can you?
Cheap is the first qualifier, Chinese is the second qualifier.
How can poking holes in someone's claims using established facts cause me rage?
Your lunacy is quite fun to dissect and mock.

There's two embeds higher in the thread where clive goes through some shitty chargers that have done this exact thing.

There is no possible way the phone charger killed her if it was working properly. The only way it could kill her is if it failed unsafe and dumped mains power down the cable. Which chinese counterfeit adapters have been seen doing, but it's unlikely.

post a pic of a quality Chinese phone charger before you kill yourself tonight in rage

That's a damned shame. She was quite cute, and I think she would have grown to be a downright lovely woman.

>Millions of Chinese chargers work properly, therefore none of them ever EVER EVER have any sort of fault or failure. They are all perfect in every way.

Unrelated: is anyone else getting constant captcha requests? I've done three just for this thread, a far cry from "24 hours." Wait no, I just had to fill out four of them for this one post what the fuck?

You need to take a break from this thread. Chinese adapters which fail by dumping mains power down the cable have been proven to exist. Furthermore, it's entirely conceivable she got a shitty chinese adapter.

You're having a mental breakdown in this thread. Are you diabetic? Maybe you need some sugar. Step away from the thread until you figure out what's wrong.

Where would she get that?

I just know that at least one cat lady would have brought one of these into the tub and get shocked. That would probably be the most embarrassing way to die.

Terrible to lose a young White girl. I have sympathy for the family and friends. However I do not have pity for her. She can't even take a bath without playing on her cell phone. My God these teens are so controlled by their phones, that it's reaching sickening levels. *shakes head* she died as she lived glued to a cell phone.

Wouldn't that have fried the phone long before it ended up in the water ? Or just shit luck and it shorted internally at the exact time it went into the water .

even if it did happen, she would be 1 case out of how many 5V1A chargers in the world? Millions? That alone stacks the odds against this story.

CM is fucking up tonight. He keeps on rebooting some shit for some reason. So the messages at the top of the page claim anyway.

How's 12?
righto.com/2012/10/a-dozen-usb-chargers-in-lab-apple-is.html
And a video!

you're defending a faggot who asked about "shock" as a unit of measurement. gas yourself.

Might have been she was holding the phone with wet hands, plugged it in, failure occurred, then the shock.

Or as mentioned earlier, maybe she just touched the outlet accidentally?

Yeah phone addiction is a plague upon the younger generations. Every time they get a text they get a dopamine rush because somebody cares enough to give them attention. More texting = more replies = more dopamine.

rule 34
more pics
facebook page, twitter req
What is the condition of the corpse?

Just about in every single sex/novelty shop and webstore on the internet.
amazon.com/Shibari-Wand-Original-Power-Massager/dp/B06WP27F71/

You know that having a ground is as simple as burrying 10ft of copper pipe into ground ?

Regardless - most devices don't need ground other than for safety purposes in case of a fault. All are made to work without.
However, not having ground is stupid.

If you are worried, unplug before use (water heaters etc) and you are safe.

Breakers are designed to trip at specified current.
10A breakers trip at 200A.
All it takes to kill you is 50mA.

You need an RCD to provide safety.
However, they won't provide no-shock experience
All they do is cut power in case of a shock or fault
You will still get shocked.
But you are less likely to die.

I don't think the diodes would take any significant amount of current flow after the dead short on the 5v side of the cable.

They take more than 10A before they burn out.
And they burn out in a way they go into short.
So, even more amps.

what would be a non-shit charger, you autist? It's all made in fucking china. 5v cannot penetrate the dielectric properties of even wet skin, and the path of current would have to pass across the heart or brain. story is horse shit.

It wasn't 5V that killed her.
It was insufficient isolation between primary and secondary. It arced thru and killed her.

Such events have happened before
(I didn't read this story, just linking)
smh.com.au/nsw/faulty-usb-phone-charger-blamed-for-sheryl-aldeguers-death-20140627-zsoc8.html

Skin in this case isn't dielectric, it is resistive.

I meant to say is, 220 is actually deadlier. it uses a second hot lead that is in an inverted phase, making a peak difference of 220v. Basically a +110v line and a -110v line in the same circuit

It is. But 60hz is also deader than 50hz.

And peak of 220 is not 220, it is 300V.

You drop dead in water from 50V potential across your body.

Twitter is worse. Retweets and favorites. Worst of all for people posting depressed/suicidal thoughts and getting attention from it.

touchpad chargers eh, why not just post computer towers with USB ports?

I don't think they would sell something like that to someone her age.

I'm not defending anybody. You're pretending that the Chinese have never produced a usb charger so fucked up that it delivers mains power down the cable. Such fucked up chargers have repeatedly been proven to exist. Why are you denying they exist?

It makes no sense, you aren't thinking rationally. I see this in my diabetic aunt sometimes, when her blood sugar is very low. You should probably eat a candy bar or something. You're not thinking straight.

This is Wiermerica, of course they would.

It can be, also I'm referring to RMS peak, because you know, that's what every voltage rating goes by that's stamped on a device.

im not denying any of that, what I am denying is the likeliness that would kill anyone, and I'm laughing that the idiot is recommending non-shit Chinese chargers when they are all Chinese shit.

yea people online have standards

Ignore that guy

There is no RMS peak
There is RMS - which is voltage rating of device. Effective voltage level.
And peak, which is max. level

t.MaxAutismus

Ok so I read this whole thread , it has to be one of these things :
1. Somehow the charger failed AND went into the water at the same time. Seems unlikely.
2. She touched the outlet with wet hands when plugging the phone charger in.
3. It wasn't caused by a phone at all, but instead some other device like a hitachi

A counterfeit apple adapter will very often be substantially less safe than an authentic one. Both are made in China. If you don't realize that, then you're just an idiot.

We have one incident out of how many millions of people taking baths and owning cell phones? Lighting isn't likely to strike anybody, yet does it not still happen on occasion?

If many people were supposedly dying like this then you'd have a point, but so far all we have is a black swan event.

Considering most chargers are wall-plug versions without cord, something must've gone terribly wrong.

My bed is on cheap chinese shit.

If you are in a shower, you use showerhead for pleasure. Hitachi is for bed

In scenario 3, what family would admit it to the world? Of course they'd lie. I'm pretty sure scenario 3 is what happened.

You assume the bathtub had a shower head on a hose. Many don't.

You've gone down some weird rabbit hole where you can't charge a phone that has a USB cable or adapter using a USB charger.
Time for more questions:
What's maximum current described by the USB 2.0 specification?
Does every motherboard and computer manufacturer follow the specification?
How does a "computer tower" obtain the power necessary to charge something through a USB port?

It should be obvious to everyone that you're somehow an alternate form of shill or newfag attempting to discredit the userbase.
First he has no knowledge of electricity, and then he attempts to defame a what appears to be a white girl by claiming she was using an industrial strength vibrator or was suicidal.

Sounds a lot like a kike, but it could be one of our few resident schizophrenics.

He's obviously sleep deprived, not sober, or has very low blood sugar. Honestly I'm a bit concerned for him.

Police usually advises in this situation to preserve honor.

I forgot that mericans shower differently

Yes

First he has no knowledge of electricity, and then he attempts to defame a what appears to be a white girl by claiming she was using an industrial strength vibrator or was suicidal.

Thread derailing into dead end street.

At this level of poor-manship I wonder if chinese don't deliberately try to kill americans

I'd just like to point out that max volts/amps/watts for USB 3.0 and Type-C are higher than 2.0, and that's more or less the standard these days.

Agreed, at this point I think the cell phone story was a lie to cover up what really happened and stop any further investigation. No one may ever know what 120v device was the offender though.

Happened to a bloke a few months ago
thesun.co.uk/news/3111249/man-dies-after-charging-iphone-while-lying-in-a-bath-with-the-mobile-resting-on-his-chest/

How fucking stupid do you have to be to do such a thing.

At one point in time, a long, long time ago.
Primitive man did not know about all the perils of the world.
It seemed relatively safe everytime something didn't kill you immediately.

It was a time where not all plants had been sampled yet, yes, at one time people didn't know they could eat spinach, or this berry, or this mushroom.

So they had to die, many of them had to die trying to map out this new world that looked safe to them.

This girl is one of those primitives in a modern world.
She thought it was safe and ate the berry of electricity, and died for it.
Now the primitives around her are being educated by this event.

Darvin is smiling in his grave.

Should we start blaming OEMs for pricing out of the market their chargers? $30 vs $3 there's a huge incentive to buy something that just "works". Not to mention they forge the brand name and use fake CE/uL certifications

Nerve gas all chinamen.

It's a massager. Which bit you choose to massage and whether you live stream it or not is entirely up to you. A physio used one on my shoulder once as it gets painful after hours of driving because of a broken collar bone.

Story sounds very fishy anyway, don't you have rcd's in the US? So if the 120v did somehow get through the 5v side of the psu it should have resulted in a dead short (pardon the pun) and the rcd should cut the power in nanoseconds and at the worst you get a bite. Obviously there's still a chance somebody with a heart condition goes into arrest.

nominate her for Darwin award.

QT, would racemix with her

Ban the smarthphone jews xD

5 volts at 1 amp can kill you. It depends on what part of the body it flows through. A few milliamps through the heart can be fatal.

Kill yourself, shitskin.

She should have masturbated before filling the bath tub with water.
Learn from her mistake, anons.

I agree with the Hitachi theory.

Whats more likely? The charger was designed like a death trap and so was the electrical supply in the home? AND she dropped the phone in the water.

Or a 14 year old girl exploring her body? All soapy and wet discovering new sensations.

I know which one I want to think about.

No you retard.

EE here, this is impossible, these plug ins work via a transformer that knocks down 120AC to 5V AC. There is literally an open circuit between the two coils.

Unless for some reason, chinks are using some totally different way to knock the voltage down to safe levels ( a few hundred diodes maybe? Lololol), she couldn't have been hurt. I was also gonna comment that those Lithium Ion batteries are more dangerous by the lithium itself. A battery by nature cant release its entire charge at once, its a linear decrease. As the other anons mentioned, if she got hit by mains then the GFCI outlet would trip. If they didnt have that in the bathroom (lol that electricians losing his license.) then I can imagine that somehow she got hit by mains.
What I'm thinking is that someone with electrical knowledge took out the transformer and hooked the plugin directly to mains, then having 120V hit the phone which she dropped into the tub.

Update, if she bought it from a mexican shop, they might have gypped her on its design. Mexicans are notorious for terrible electrical design. Its a very common thing in Mexico, instead of having a hot water heater, to have a "suicide shower"

Which is just a coil hooked up to mains that it passes water through as a heating element. Its that fucking retarded.

That is why we have a national electric code folks.

Not to get all Occam's razor here, but: extension cord is a far simpler explanation.

This retarded offtopic thread has probably the best posting quality on the whole board right now.
Is this what Holla Forums without shills would look like?

Good. All Texans deserve death and non stop hell in the afterlife

BEANED
E
A
N
E
D

Probably was sexting her Mexican boyfriend.

Should this be added to the list of pink skins killed by undocumented immigrants?