GTA thread

Let's discuss some GTA.
What's your favorite game?
What's your favorite mission?
What's your favorite location?
Why does the map in V feel so boring?

Also, been feeling like replaying IV lately. What are some good mods for it?

Other urls found in this thread:

seiga.nicovideo.jp/seiga/im1190905
twitter.com/AnonBabble

misogynistic game

GTA is a massively overrated series, Vice City and IV are the only truly great games in the series.

Vice City of course. Very colorful and memorable.

The ones with Love Fist.

The only game I couldn't get into was Vice City for some reason. All the others are on the same level

What was the the thing that put you off?

I still don't get why R* didn't put any Love Fist songs in GTA V even though the band is prominently featured in the game world.

(checked)
Less than a minute. Impressive.

Get a load of this faggot, lol.

So, let's see:
GTAV.
I have a few:
GTA1: The mission where Deever tells you kill El Burro.
GTA2: Hot Dog homicide, where you ground all of the Russian dudes into ground meat.
GTA3: Getting back at Salvatore was pretty sweet.
GTAIV: Four Leaf Clover, hands down. When everyone busts into the Bank of Liberty and shit gets real.
GTAV: The Big One, at the Union Depository.
Downtown Los Santos barely beats out over Star Junction, I think.
I think the map in V is phenomenal, why do you think that? (Granted, I live in LA, so I think all of the appropriate places and general 'feel' being recreated are still fucking fantastic.)

How? I think it's the least boring game in the series. The story, voice acting, the characters, the art direction, even the programming are so bizzare to the point where it seems like an absurd quasi comedy. I've never seen anything like this before in video games. For example, that scene when Tommy wears a golf suit and said "Is this me?", there was a guy who said "nice ass baby". You can't even tell if it was a reaction to Tommy's suit or just an unrelated occurrence.

Am I the only one who thinks GTA 3 is the best GTA?

What's your favorite mission?

Triads and Tribulations, It's an absolute gangwar and I love it.

What's your favorite location?

Liberty City from GTA 3 it has this cold run down look and to top it all off it's inhabited by all matter of weirdos and psychos which sort of paints the image of a near future gone wrong.

Why does the map in V feel so boring?

It's all mostly mountains.

Fuck, forgot to greentext, sorry for the eyesore.

This is some undisputable truth
Also, pic related is my favorite location in 3D LC.

It just feels like there's nothing to catch my eye, like everything around is just lifeless decorations, it all feels same-y. The city is not as bad as the countryside, though. Countryside all feels like a blur of empty hills and roads that don't connect anything with the only entertaining and remarkable areas being Paleto and Raton Canyon, and even they are not as good as countryside in San Andreas.
Recognition factor is a major attraction. One of my favorite things about STALKER is how genuine and accurate its rendition of soviet architecture is.

I have made a terrible mistake.

why you posted a pic of Leonardo fencing with his katana?

Bully was fine

GTA V story is decent, even if it isn't on par with previous games, it's open-world that is lackluster and Online that is atrocious.

Are you autistic, user? That's obviously a battletoad

Never played it. What's the best version?

What were you thinking, you absolute Irresponsible consumer

I have only played PS2 version, so I can't really compareā€¦

Right? It just felt like there was so much soul that was just *lacking* from online play.

I come back to it every now and again, but always felt like I could never fully commit. I never really understood why though. Something about it just felt repititive and dull.

The GTA V story is "Gibs me dat paper, gon get outta hood yall", "I may not be Anthony Burch but damn, I'm trying" and "I am angry" trying to get dat paper and being fucked up the ass over and over again.
It's flashy cinematic garbage, really, and even though the missions in GTA were always scripted, they never felt as railroady as this.
The driving is garbage, every car only has slightly different stats, a cars with a V12 engine (as stated by the website that sells them) actually has a V8 under the bonnet and sounds like an inline 4, weight and modding doesn't change anything except a few stats (aero doesn't even give you downforce and since cars in GTA don't follow a=F/m, armoring or making the car lighter changes fuck all).
The cops are shit, they spawn right next or in front of you, even if you're driving up Mt. Chiliad, they shoot like professional CSS players with an aimbot and wanted levels are triggered for merely existing next to a few cops (GTA IV did this much, much better) or next to a random person who immediately calls the cops on you.
The shooting is crap, the guns sound like air rifles and suppressors do nothing but cost you $$.
The online (which I bought the game for) is a boring, grindy cuntquest full of the absolute bottom tier of human beans.

TL;DR: I have made a terrible, terrible mistake and I can't even apply for a refund.
Mea culpa.

shiggydiggy

My vote is Vice City

Cause R* made the perfect world seem busy until you actually try to interact with it. They should have made it less atmospheric and spend more time developing shit to do.

GTA San Andreas driving was better.
Any driving is better than GTA V.
And please, tell me in how far GTA V's shooting is good, especially if you compare it to other 3rd person shooters, like Just Cause 2?
It's just another cover shooter.

smh tbh fam

The driving in V was shit and shooting gets boring when you can afford everything in the first two hours of the game, the difference between low shooting skill and maximum shooting skill is barely even noticable.

That's not so bad

Nuff said

none of those things make 5 bad, though
they just make 4 better

Because interacting with anything gives you a star.

Also GTAV is a normalfag game of the highest degree. RSC made me instantly disregard it.

San Andreas.

That missions where you have to fly that remote control airplane around the city and blow up cars for some reason.

Vice City

What movie is that from?

You have to be 18+ to post here.

Generally you expect sequels to be made better than games made earlier on and with more features.

For example some changes from Vice City to San Andreas
>more jobs to do for extra bonuses and more interesting bonuses as well (eg. hydraulics and nitro for doing 50 taxi missions) which GTA V has by far the lowest number of as far as I can recall

San Andreas or Chinatown Wars.

Anywhere but Liberty City.

Because they wanted to do something like "The biggest map in a game ever!" but they forgot that you needed actual fun shit to do in a map and getting around it easy and quick.

What's RSC?

Under rated as fuck.

What real anime is that gif traced over?

seiga.nicovideo.jp/seiga/im1190905
I'm too lazy to make an account to verify if this is the source material or not. I just reverse image searched it and got here. This is supposed to be Reimu reacting to getting a donation or something like that.

That pic was the very first doujin I ever downloaded, back in 05?-06. Fuck, the nostalgia hit me like a goddamn train.

reminds me of video related

in my defense nearly all of it was done fucking around in multiplayer

the online is actually fun if you get someone to cheat in a few billion

Good start man.

I don't know why, but I keked.

Just wasn't my thing.
No reason in particular

Rockstar Social Club. Their own brand of DRM. I pirated Max Payne 3 because of it, but I'm not even bothering with their new games anymore.

For a less restrained and more realistic style of gameplay akin to that of III, try this Kraut's autistically-detailed driving mod.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, it's been awhile since I played GTA 4.

>entire world seems to act like some liberal interpretation of their struggle in life against tha mann

IV doesn;t have RSC. IV is GFWL.

GTA doesn't deserve the shit it's put through.

Holy shit I want that, If I only had GTA 4, I thought about torrenting it a few times but I keep hearing how the PC port is utter garbage.

I love 3 but what was so realistic about it? The driving was far more realistic compared to 4, but that applies to every other GTA game except 5.

Adding Moonman to the rap channel was a great decision by Rockstar. They know their shit.

I am 21.
The movie is on my to watch list.

Holy shit that is catchy.

I played Saints Row 2 before ever playing a GTA game. GTAV was my first GTA game, and all it did was make me wish I was play Saints Row 2.

I'd always heard SR2 called a GTA clone, but when I finally did play a GTA game I was shocked at how much better SR2 did nearly everything, including having a functioning vehicle storage and delivery system.
Rockstar should've taken notes. GTAV is shit for a lot of reasons, but its fickle vehicle system is the worst part.

This is wrong.

you should all play scarface the world is yours if you enjoyed vice city. I recommend the original Xbox version.

Thanks for sharing it man, it wouldn't run for me.

The only one really not acting like a dindu is CJ but that is kind of expected if you actually want the story to progress further than it would have with Sweet who only cares about the hood or Madd Dogg who sold his entire mansion for some more crack.

Also

Played 2, 3, VC, 4 and SA
Liked SA the most even though I'm not a fan of the hood setting.
4 had the best MC.
5 is a normalfag game as mentioned before and pretty bad overall.

absolute bullshit

Ever tried turning the wheels of an all season tires shitbox more than 50 mph? That's what GTA IV is all about.

There are people that unironically use all-season tires?

Bullshit, otherwise it would've played like an A Wyatt Mann cartoon, with all the characters being small-minded nogs who seek to demonstrate their power over whitey, constantly befuddling themselves. Prompts to do the niggest shit, rather than the wackiest shit a nigger could never even hope to do.

The source is a parody page.

Is tumblr THIS fucking stupid?

It's honestly a shame Chinatown Wars is so overlooked, because it's a great game. I guess if it was ported to PS3 or something people would have gave it a shot.

Who said anything about teleporting? Did that fact that all cars except the character's main car exist in a state of semi permanency completely slip your mind retard?

San Andreas is the best one.
IV is the worst one.

i play online i have 26 cars that work fine

what a retard tbh

I've talked to a few people and I think I know why it was overlooked, prepare to be triggered, People don't like how it is top down, I'm serious normal fags don't like how the game is 2d instead of 3d like the other gta games, totally forgetting the originals that and yeah , it not being ported to larger consoles like you said. fuck casuals.Take note, the people I talked to play call of duty and either don't remember or never heard of some games like Dishonored

Like they ever even played the originals. There's a guy at work who's a "huge Doom fan". Literally the only Doom game he's ever played is the new Bethesda one.