Suicides up sharply among US middle school children

wsws.org/en/articles/2016/11/05/suic-n05.html

By Tom Eley
5 November 2016

Other urls found in this thread:

lostallhope.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Suicide at age ten? Damn.

I'm fucking 30 years old and kids as young as 10 are committing suicide. I still haven't killed myself, not even once.

Why even live, comrades?

10 was the age I first started thinking seriously about suicide. Not about the act of committing it, which still scares the fuck out of me, just the concept of choosing not to be alive. Even back then I had this underlying sense that my life wasn't really that important.

I can't remember what caused me to feel that way, if anything. One day I just woke up and thought, "you know, it'd be cool if I didn't have to do this anymore."

I suspect that poverty is here combined with social media which turns reputation into a pretty "inflammable" thing. As far as I know all this is getting quite nasty in America.

Well, I was never surprised that America has so many school shootings, and it's not because of guns. The fakeness of society seems too much to bear, combined with the totalitarian command to "be happy" and to enjoy this paradise of banal freedom. USA USA USA. I would kill myself too.

I got bored of existence at roughly the same age. Nothing ever really happens, all resistance just ends up being news for one day. I give life after the end of history 2/10, for the vague possibility that history might take its revenge one day which will be the most glorious day ever.

cultural anti-natalism, am i right?

considered it at 12, but gotta stay alive cuz pizza tastes good and I can't eat it when I'm dead

I tried to crash my car when I was learning how to drive, but I was so scared cuz I had never driven a car before that I wasn't going fast enough to cause any damage

Not surprising. Mainstream culture tells them that they are bad people for being a white male, and at that age they're the most impressionable.

They will pay for this.

If you commit suicide over people calling you boring and white you really are stupid

I think it's because at that age everyone knows the future is fucked and they aren't distracted by the details of how yet. Most things have an impression of, "oh well, I suppose I'm fucked", they don't have to be humans.

fuck society REEEEEEEE

fucking capitalism

Woah, 10 year olds are woke.

10 year olds should be assigned gfs tbh.

Right wing SJW's see race everywhere.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Could you be any more of an insensitive cunt?

Dude we already know that you are an asshole you don't have to prove it anymore

Back to reddit softlads.

These suicides are simply ten year old boys accepting their share of the responsibilty in perpetuating CIS gendered, hetronormative, neurotypical discourses, and the impact they will potentially have on society. By choosing to end their lives early on, they have spared countless minorities from oppression and servitude, at a greater benefit.

If only the man children of todays society had the good grace to comprehend this, then the world wouldn't be so fucked up.

These problems aren't the gnitty gritty of what's on the internet but more the internet itself and we've isolated ourselves so far our from childhood by need to by being cruel to ourselves that once we hit mass media the idea of getting in the mind of a ten year old or empathizing with one is alien so they're basically alone to figure shit out for themselves. Among other thing.

The disconnect is our disconnect with being the first generation to talk to each other on such an instant level to get off on doing it, to get empathy from it, that adults are a bit like children our need for a constant fix of it.

It's only through successive generations that parents will learn to teach their kids a bit more acceptable usage and wiseness when it comes to things like this.

Right now, the internet itself, a new form of communication, combined with these kids knowing future demand and responsibility for them is extremely high; is what is consuming the lives of these children.

Saying its anything else is scapegoating the problem on ideas that sound reasonable enough.

Could be worse comrade. You could and decide to get drunk one night and kill yourself and get into your car and get 120+MPH and purposely veer off the road and going flying through the air off a giant embankment towards a bunch of trees while not even wearing a seatbelt and then wake up without even a scratch on you minus a bump/burn on your forehead from where the airbag hit you. I'm fairly certain I'm basically invincible.

I'd be too worried about hitting someone else to do that, but all too often the thought occurs to me when I'm on the road alone at night.

This is fucking disgusting
As someone who has dealt withh depression and suicidal thoughts my heart goes out to these poor fuckers

How are they so brave?

Why do I still hold on to life, despite my rapidly decaying state? I will never not be poor, I will never be beautiful, I will never find the love I want, I will never get to go where I want or do what I want, I will never be the person I always wanted to be, I will never get to go to space, I will never get to fly, I will never not be a wage slave, I will never find paradise or peace on this planet.

So why do I live? I'm more than double their age, and they're smarter and braver than I am.

Sad, they've done nothing wrong.
I wish it was their parents killing themselves instead.

dont idealize suicide
ive been there, its not a good path
fuck the world, dont let it win by ending your own life
and dont be so sure about your statements, its a comforting thought to understand that you are not always right

You're probably gonna live long enough to see it all go to shit, ain't that solace enough?

I know its hard to keep going, trust me, but it will all be worth it in the end.

Suicide is good for your solving your life's problems though.

I mean. This isn't good. It's been easy to say, in the past seeing it all go to shit is good, because the depression and disconnect were connected. But now this election happened and it's just bloody fucking awful, so I wouldn't say seeing it all go to shit feels all that great.

If it's going to end up being a non stop of barrage of sour taste and disgust, that isn't too comforting of a thought actually

The temporary problem is being alive.

Nah, just looking at how the deck of my life has been stacked.

Well yeah, I don't want that temporary problem to keep coming back, hence a permanent solution.

Literally the only reason I keep living, although most of the time I really doubt anything's going to happen. I live for that rare occasional moment when I get some hope that I'll see the system collapse.

Fuck off faggots

You can't regret committing suicide.

For those who are contemplating suicide, read this:

lostallhope.com/

Once I started thinking through the cold, technical logistics of the act, rather than the romantic, escapist notion simply passing into non-existence, I realized that I would never have the willpower to do it. You actually have to plan this shit out, you have to be devoted to it like it's a hobby. You have to be willing to cause intense pain to yourself, and willing to risk the adverse effects of a failed attempt.

Unless you're 100% committed to it, the "easy way out" isn't really so easy.

I've already thought through a lot of different ways to go from a technical standpoint, and yeah, it's hard to find a good way - quick and painless without the chance of changing your mind when it's too late. But that doesn't mean that I won't eventually kill myself when pushed into the corner. Right now I'm just killing time instead.

If you enjoy working doing certain things that are well paid everywhere, you can stop being poor. But if you don't, you're fucked.

I've had this thought for a while, what if they legalized suicide and started handing out pills that could instantly kill, how many people would off themselves? What if they banned anti depressants? Would the population start dropping like flies?

Then we'd see a huge hike in death by poisoning, unless it was prescribed by a doctor, who would likely just prescribe antidepressants.

Banning anti-depressants would create too much political strife. When people start to actually feel the stress of the world, and not taking a drug to mitigate it, shit would get real.

If you want class awareness to be achieved, take away their soma.

I realize there is an actual discussion happening, but can a mod please remove the fucking pedo OP image?

She doesn't look that young

>>>/hell/

Dude she's like 40.

This is actually a positive, as Marxist division saturates academia beyond collegiate life and deeply into elementary education, we'll need a lot of dead children to support a progressive path forward.

You've haven't seen shit captain.

I'm not the slightest bit afraid of death. If anything it's actually going to be an interesting exploration past the frontiers of recorded human experience. The only thing keeping me alive at this point is the fact that my parents would be heartbroken if I died.

they'd get over it

No. That's not how humans work.
I'm saving the option of suicide until my life circumstances get worse. It's a simple balance between the suffering caused by continuing to exist and the suffering caused by death. At the moment that balance just rests in favor of continued existence.

Now you'll have to tell us why you are depressed.

Not trying to convince you to kill yourself or anything, I was just being cheeky, but still mate that's pretty retarded.

I'm more or less exclusively attracted to >>>/loli/. I only fap to 2D and wouldn't hurt a fly, but that doesn't matter to anyone. As far as the rest of humanity is concerned, people like me are defective and should be disposed of. I can't feel any connection to this society or any sense of belonging, nor can I see much chance of the situation improving within my lifetime.

Not to mention the usual depression which comes from being able to see the immense suffering caused by capitalism and imperialism. Humanity is still just as stupid, short-sighted and brutal as we were in the stone age. It's just hidden behind a thin veneer of bureaucracy and theater these days.

kill yourself

lemme irrelevant shit dat pussi

Move to Japan or Puerto Rico or some other place with a low age of consent and get a young-looking 14-16 year old.

"loli" is 2D only, at least in imageboard parlance. The poster even alluded to as much in their post.

You know, as opposed to killing yourself more than one time

That's pretty silly tbqh fam.