So what do you think about Sonic Mania?

So what do you think about Sonic Mania?

The VIDEO GAME I am posting about on a VIDEO GAME board.

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/mn6d1j
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

About fucking time we got a good actually 2D Sonic with competent devs.

Looks good so far, i haven't tried the demo though. Is it good?

Remains to be seen since it's not just Taxman working on the game.

I think it'll be fine. I mean, they need to really try to fuck this up.

What do you guys think about SONIC?

You know, the VIDEOGAME CHARACTER

Looks good so far.
Inb4 Sonic Cycle

gay

I'm not too worried about it. The devs have proven that they know how to handle 2D Sonic several times already, judging from how good the ports of the Genesis games were, and I'm really interested to see what they do with the original levels as well as the redone old ones. At worst it will be decent, but I have a feeling it has the potential to reignite interest in 2D Sonic games.

From what I've heard people say, it plays par for the course so far as classic Sonic is concerned, so that leads me to believe that they have the momentum-based stuff and the physics right at least.

So where's the demo? Surely someone has uploaded it somewhere.

There's a demo?

He means the demo that was shown off at the 25th anniversary party.

Well, maybe I am wrong, but I thought that the faggots who showed up in person to the 25th celebration got access to the demo earlier than anyone else and on portable USB drives. Maybe it was only at the ceremony itself. Fuck me.

Here's hoping they will release a demo. I feel like there should be one already.

It's still fairly far away, so I don't think a demo is going to be released until winter at the very earliest. I hope I'm wrong.

It looks very fun

Judging by the trailer, it looks like they're making a serious attempt at recreating the original platformer/pinball hybrid gameplay instead of just 2FAST4U. I'm relatively optimistic.

Not videogames. Don't post until you have something paying attention to.(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Kill yourself retard.

He thinks sage is equivalent to a downvote, what do you expect?

I can tell you what i expect, i expect Sonic mania to be safe and good like old sanic games, while the 2017 project makes me think nothing as we haven't been given anything to go on.
Is it generations 2 or some kind of sonic cd 2, is it going to be fun and lighthearted or some grim dark autism shitfest like 06?

Tails is best

What little we've seen of Sonic Mania casts it in such a fantastic light that I'm with the guy earlier in the thread who says its absolute worst possible outcome is "decent".

It looks interesting, and probably a safer choice instead of Sonic 4 Episode 3 after how mixed the reception to those games were.

The game looks like a lot of fun, and I'm probably the most excited for it I've been for a game in the last five years.

I'm glad Sega actually made a good decision.

What are everyone's sprite preferences? I like 3&k, although I have heard people saying that it's too cartoony. I also like the look of 3&k zones compared to 1,2, and CD, although I honestly really like them too.

What are people's favourite zones? I pick carnival night or metropolis zone based on their music.

I'm really impartial to CD, partially because it's my favorite game, but also because it looks like a more natural evolution of the Sonic 1 sprite. There's more detail, but it's subtle, and that's cool imo

Also my favorite zones would have to be Flying Battery and Metallic Madness.

KEK.

I'm a fan of the Chaotix style for sprites though Mighty's just being Sonic 2/CD edits is pretty noticeable when everybody else has a consistent artstyle and smoother/more animations. Besides that 3/K's got a good looking artstyle.

Good shit, that's some good shit right there.

By the way, can anyone tell me why Sonic 4 is shit? I only played the first zone, and it doesn't seem that horrible besides it just feeling like a rehash of Sonic 1.

Granted I haven't replayed any Sonic game in years so thats probably doing causing that feeling.

The physics are ass and there's no momentum. That and it just kinda looks bland, in addition to the music being nothing special. I think Episode 2 tried to address most of the errors.

it tried and failed to address them you mean

Physics are fucked and the homing attack does NOT work with the classic level design and gameplay.

Ban evading now?

Was a game intended for mobile hence the overall laziness behind it, was rebranded Sonic 4 to try and draw in the autism

Episode 2 came out for it that was a much much better game though still a bit forgettable, had a Metal Sonic bit to it with his own levels

Never really paid much attention to the physics in the older Sonic games, should really revisit them.

It was intended for mobile? That's honestly news to me.

go back to cuckchan if you like having you're opinions moderated then you cucks

Do me a favor and drink a gallon of bleach user.

Being a retard isn't an opinion, user.

Physics play an integral part of original Sonic games, as well as positioning and pressing jump at the certain heights of slopes.
A thing that actually got lost as the series went 3d.

That's rude. Downvoted

That's not an opinion worth defending, troglodyte.

Flying battery is an obvious choice, it's hard to not remember the cutscene at the end of mushroom hill zone, and then hearing that 90's rad music with a wicked bassline blasting at full force.

k

Fuck off.

poal.me/mn6d1j

you clearly dont understand how free speech works kid

I know, because 2D.
But c'mon! Generations is so far the best rendition of their 3D games.

Not everyone has full blow autism.

please just end your existence tbh fam

Do you think that Sega will focus on making more traditional-style Sonic platformers if Mania is a success?

Its not a sequel! Its a NEW EXPERIENCE!

Rumors saying it will be online game.

Well yeah, because 3D Sonic games have an unbelievably low standard of quality. It doesn't take a genius to realize that Sonic Mania will be the better game.

Fuck yeah. I loved how the series had shit going on, as in it wasn't always just level 1 then level 2 then level 3… You had falling down a cliff to the next level, or snowboarding, or a robot setting the whole zone on fire. I'd like to see that in mania; a little bit of linking the zones together in a non uniform way

The only thing i hate about sonic mania is that its oversatured to hell. And too fucking bright. Sonic is amost cyan now, not blue.

I was okay with never seeing another 2D Sonic again, they're shit. That's all I see when I look at Mania.
!Generations 2 looks interesting but dishonest.

That's not cyan.
It looks more like turquoise.

How would that work?

Hmm, from what the trailer showed, it looked like they were going to go for the dual Classic/Unleashed gameplay style again, so I'm not buying those rumors.

Generations was proof that Sonic Team doesn't know what the fuck they're doing
The 3D wasn't as good as SA2, and the 2D had absolutely fucked level design and physics
I almost don't believe any of them have even played the older games, let alone know how to remake what was good about them

And it also had content split between the handheld and regular versions, which included things like the final boss of Sonic 3 and Biolizard both being on the handheld version

You will invade other players like in dark souls, just your invading sonic will turn into classic sonic instead, and you will be helping other players to complete the game.

Its obvious that the focus will be the coop of classic and modern sonics. The phrase "join the resistance" heavily implies it.

Try sonic colors. And complete it. I personally think its a better game than generations.

But please don't shit at generation. Right before generation we had those abominations: Sonic Heroes, Shadow, Unleashed (with his awful night levels), Secret Rings, Black Knight, riders and racing fucking games. And after generation we got sonic fucking boom and lost worlds.

Generation and Colors were best modern games, along with day levels of Sonic Unleashed ever created by sega in last century.

Also
You loved those shitty knuckles and tails levels, don't you?

I think they will have a strategy of releasing 2d games along with 3d, similar to this release. I hate to say it but the Sonic 2016 or whatever will probably sell more than mania.

Sega still want money, they just want to now add nostalgic fans of actual good games to their share

I wonder from who they got this idea…

Sonic Heroes is an alright game.

Yeah, if characters wouldn't be so fucking small so your eyes wouldn't hurt trying to control them.

Don't be mad fam, those games are better than most sonic games.

Heroes was okay, Shadow was bearable if you don't cringe yourself into a coma at the sight of all that edge, Unleashed's day sections were okay, Secret Rings was pretty damn good considering the control scheme was holding it back so much, and the racing games were all good with the sole exception of Free Riders, which was a victim of both Microsoft's promise of the Kinect, and what appeared to be a hilariously cut budget
So what the fuck are you talking about

Oh yeah, they were the best, that's why I was comparing them to the knuckles and tails levels in Generations
You fucking retard

By the way, have you all seen fan made 3d chao garden?

Is Sonic world a full blown fan made Sonic Adventure 3 at this point?

Their size wasn't the bigest obstacle in trying to control the characters.

hohweews swallowed my image

Generations was the only half-decent sanic since sanic 3.

From what I've seen of the new zone and shit, it looks good.

I don't like that they "revamp" greenhill zone, I'd rather they make a completely new game. But I guess there will be an aspergers uprising if the nostalgia is not addressed properly and the autism triggered in the right way.

I just want a sanic game that is fun to play, like the first three in the series.

I actually was annoyed by the fact that Sonic Mania will feature "slightly edited" levels along with new ones.

That's its achilles heel. Just like you've seen green hill in the demo being almost the same as it was in Sonic 1, the same will be done for few more zones, as devs announced.

Its almost like a fucking romhack.

There's a difference between a person who understands that adventure series was shit, and a person who doesn't.

Because it'll never happen. Nostalgiafags are a minority and they know it.

Sonic Episode 1 was bought more than a million times across all platforms.
Sonic Generation sold 4 million copies

That makes a count 1/4. Without counting the fact that Episode 1 was shit.

You can except Sonic Mania to achieve at very least - half of the amount of sales that "Generations 2" will make.

look into the devs, they literally started as sonic rom hackers.

expect*

Well there you fucking go!

So they tease with green hill zone revamped and just one original zone.

If they had more to show for, then they would certainly choose to show off more original zones. Or heck, who the fuck knows. Considering how many chrischans are in the sonic fanbase, perhaps they played it safe by addressing the autism too.

But even so, there is no reason why they couldn't show more original content if they had anything to show for. Hopefully there will be more trailers. Release is still a long way off.

What bothered me from the gameplay footage of Green Hill Zone is that the new level sections aren't designed in the same way as the original zone. The checkered background is supposed to continue all the way to the bottom of the stage, but now we have sections of checkered background directly above open skies. It's weird and disorienting. The transition between the regular background and the cave background doesn't really work either

I like how initially sonic was supposed to be pissed off hedgehog.

The game looks like it's going to be great, I never thought they would make a 2D Sonic game again.

Real American hero.

I think it looks ok. never been a big fan of sonic but generations was ok.

I want to have sex with rouge.

I like Femboy Sonic art

Headcannon is Stealth, the guy who did that Sonic 1 GBA tech demo that completely BTFO'd Sega's official port.

Pagodawest is essentially the art team from the old Sonic 2 HD, before everyone had a hissy fit about it and it was cancelled for a while.

These guys are legit.

That's a pretty low bar m8. Besides, SA2 is the best because Chao Garden.

kill yourself.

FREE MILO

What is it about sonic that seems to attract autism?

Sonic Fast and Cool.
Autists Slow and Lame.

End of discussion.

The last sonic mania thread was mysteriously deleted after retarded discussion on shills, shilling, and other such talk started.

Bait threads stay, game threads get deleted.

op is probably a newfag

never thought i'd see the light of a good 2d sonic game again

gotta love how drawn traps are always a girl but then the author draws a dick instead of a cunt

Traps are 100% shit.

Also famous for the Sonic 1 and 2 CD ports.

They made there own engines that are going to be used for Mania.

That's what a trap IS though.
What you said is redundant.

what are you into?

don't post those pictures user i'm straight

Imagine official Doom or Duke Nukem game made by fans who love and know these games so well that they know how to make them even better than current id or 3DR. This is what Sonic Mania is, possibly the real Sonic 4 game.

SFR was better, in this day and age there is no reason to make a game so pixelated unless you are a hipster faggot or trying to appeal to hipster faggots

Not saying it wont be a good game but I wouldn't get too hyped about it

Hill Top Zone and Ice Cap Zone, last one's act 2 BGM is god-tier

doesn't matter, because you'll say it's shit out of spite. The point is that traps are shit; what's the point of being a gay if you're going to look as much like a woman as possible. You don't even have the one good thing; you just have all the negative aspects. Also AIDS.

Sonic 3 Sprites for sure.

Icecape is my favorite stage.

This is engine limitations, the game will use retro engine which doesn't support HD. Besides, there is nothing wrong when pixel art is done right, the game looks like Saturn Sonic with very great and smooth animations because talented people are working on it, not hipster faggots who can't make something worthwhile.

You can polish that turd as much as you like and it'll still be shit.

get out Holla Forums

FUCKING HYPED

You're questioning, as long as you stay true to yourself, you should be fine.

I'm not, I was legitimately curious.
I'm not one of those assholes who's only into traps, I'm into a very wide variety of men (and women). I'm a pretty hairy guy myself, skinny-fat from losing so much weight.
I wanted to be a trap/fem but decided it was fucking stupid, shame too, since I have the butt for it anyway, I'm sort of bearish. I have a weird body.

I think he's baiting.

In all seriousness, in the grand scheme of things, genitals don't play a huge part in what your brain finds attractive
If you were to ask any random dude what they like in a woman, the arby's roast beef sandwich probably doesn't rank in the top 5

Definitely a guilty pleasure

It's still gay though.

We're not talking about attractiveness you idiot.
We are talking about the fact it's GAY, because it has a DICK.

You can't argue with facts, it's like saying there are more than 2 genders. You can like what you like, it's fine, but it won't change the fact that you're still fucking another MALE.

The only actual sonic for the saturn was x-treme which got cancelled, and that and all the other games were 3D not 2D

And if the engine is the problem then better improve it

Fine, I'll indulge the autismal nature that permeates these threads. But first I'll say that the image if fucking horrifying. Like seeing the final result of some brainwashed cult member. It's that same glassy-eyed expression that's lacking a certain human quality to it that kicks them out of the genuine and settles them solidly in the uncanny valley.
I enjoy danger. The more able something is to kill me, the more appealing it is, as long as there's no actual chance of it ending badly. I'm tall and, am something of a bear that's stopped working out due to a sudden case of "metal fragments through leg" and a change in careers. So I guess the idea of something being able to actually be stronger is appealing.

And if you asked someone what they'd describe for an ideal life, they probably wouldn't mention the need to breathe, because it's automatically assumed. Guys don't mention the vagina because it's assumed to be there. Because in spite of tumblr trying to drag the world down common sense, and biology, still says that women are the ones with vaginas.

Faggotry is muh Holla Forums culture.

This is getting gay, but that's adorable.
That's something I like, a lot. The thought of having someone big and strong getting submissive, is obviously erotic and empowering.
I do know that fear and adrenaline makes people sexually attractive, so I'm assuming you must be pretty handsome to be into that.
Also, that's egoraptor (Arin Hanson), in his younger years, I don't know the context of that image, I'm morbidly curious though.

No it isn't, it's shit.
I don't have a blog or anything, so this is the only place I can talk about it.
I should just have people contact me by e-mail.

blame

Nobody's trying to argue biology

Not in this thread, yet, but If you think about that in general, then BOY! Do I have news for you.

Wait seriously? Because that's…kind of terrifying in its own way. I don't consider myself handsome, but I've been told so before so I usually just go by others' opinions on it.

You have your boundaries, you like danger, the exhilaration from it, you like the rush and energy that courses through your body when you fight for your life, it makes your testosterone spike, which REALLY gets you going. This is a semi-common thing, actually, a LOT of women dig this.

As long as you don't die, then you're golden, pony boy.

Sonic 2, Sonic 3 is too shiny but otherwise better

The game's return of the classic physics and gameplay not only makes me happy as a Sonic. But as an animation fan, I'm so happy the game has sprite work with wonderful animation. Like this Sonic game could actually do something beneficial to games in general if it's successful. It could be a new standard and drive lazy pixelshit to extinction and bring a rise to traditional animation that sprite games looked like they were heading before the rise of polygons.

Cel Animated sonic game when?

They can do decent animation without the retro graffix though.

Huh. didn't know that, actually. Just sort of figured it was a particularly bad sort of degeneracy.

I guess Faggotraptor REALLY hates Sonic.

To be fair, he liked the title design? But then again, judging by his Tumblrized icon and his comment on the animation, I've officially lost all respect for Ego's credibility as an animator.

Also I heard he had a giant meltdown ranting at the Sonic fandom for calling out his shit when he plays badly on a Sonic game just to be funny, even if the game was shit as well in a recent Game Grumps episode.

Eh, you can take it as a cautious first step to see if Sega can catch some nostalgiafags and see if they liked the animation more than retro graffix. For all the complaints that this is going backwards, this game is more ambitious in the retro graffix than Megaman 9.

is that yoshis island?

I'm hyped.
I've been listening to Studiopolis a fuckton since I could, and I started drawing Sonics again from the hype.

Wasn't that the inital point of Rockman Online?

I have no respect for egoraptor as a human being anymore

As for sega, milking nostalgiafags is most of their business now and has been for over a decade

Its about time Sega capitalize on the OC-generating donut steel fanbase.

I always wondered why sega didn't do this

here's hoping its a post process effect, you'll noticed all the levels have a cyan tinge to them so I'd assume its a post effect.

self respect? :^)

I wish sega would milk me and give me VF6.

Ayyraptor is obviously jealous since it's better than anything he's ever done.

If Mania really is what we all think it will be, than it'll probably top whatever "NEW" title they've made so far. I've wanted Nintendo to make a side scrolling mario game that doesn't feel like it's running off a template just as much as I wanted Sega to do it.

I saw a video where a single guy in a group of moderately excited fans, was complaining non-stop. Because Mania (A 25th anniversary game) is targeting classic sonic fans and not him because he played adventure 1/2 first. He even admitted he knew it would be a good game, but couldn't stop whining anyway. He also continued to complain about classic sonic when talking about in the Project 2017

So there are some people who are going off the deep end over this.

It's the model 2 HD ports scenario all over again.

Maybe they do something nice for once on the 25th anniversary of the series?
Hahaha, who am I kidding?

I'd settle for a VF5:FS pc port with Quest Mode added back in. Hell even VF2 or VF4 and I'd be happy

if sanic had rings why is he dead

It looks like a good game. I hope they bring back the Super Emeralds so we can get Hyper Autism Sonic again.

Reported for ban evasion.

Did Sonic murder CuckRaptor's parents as a kid or something? Or is he just another hipster faggot jumping on the "Sonic was always bad" bandwagon?

Sonic Adventure 3 never ever.

I can understand people complaining for an action story like Adventure 2 over Colors and Lost World. But you can do that with Classic Sonic in it. Who's to say Project Sonic 2017 isn't purely 3D with Classic Sonic playing in 3D? Do they just hate Classic designs? Because no offense they have shit taste.

I fear that because Mania is being made by a fan and not SEGA i think once Mania has come and gone we will see SEGA doing their own attempt and once again ruining what was once good.

I think he just has shit taste. This is the guy who liked Other M's combat.

Heroes was alright. And I wouldn't call Unleashed shit. They put way too much work in the art and atmosphere to be disregarded while the Werehog was just a decent God of War clone at best. But yeah, 2005-2010 was the lowest point of Sonic.

Colors isn't exactly as Sonic like as Generations but I loved it more because it had more levels and was pretty original.

Well, of course. There's jumping in the game, and that makes it a bad game.

I think it's more amusing that we've come all the way around to the point where there are people who complain about Sonic lacking story and characters.

I thought they were dropping taxman because of the seemingly failed attempt to get permission to make their own version of Sonic 3 & Knuckles. (Even though it'd probably would just be ios only.)

I think Mania Most likely means they're going to keep taxman close for anything 2D related.

what happened to 3?

*Sonic 2006 is Adventure 3

Sonic Adventure 3 never ever, remember?

Why not just make a new 3D game with classic sonic with no green eyed lanky edgy sonic?

Shadow the Hedgehog is SA3 story-wise while '06 is SA3 gameplay-wise. Take your pick.

because classic sonic is mute and doesn't meme

That sounds great

the fuck

Sega is bad at math

Flying Battery and Lava Reef. Although my all time favorite is Chaos Angel from Sonic Advance 3. I really wish that game was better overall.

I wish I knew more bluish colours because a dozens of posts long argument sounds fun.

Ooh, wait wait, I got it.

He's really more of an azure.

watch clements sonic 06 review. He goes into detail on why 06 is Sonic adventure 3. If you have any legitimate points contrary to that review then I will be surprised.

i think the office hedgehog walked on the keyboard. they do have an office hedgehog at sega right?

That trap's actually drawn consistently with a male frame.

is that Arin hanson?

nigga, hd or at least the ability to render in something other than 4:3 was one of the main selling points

Looks dank tbh, might actually get this one.

Feel free to dislike Sonic user, but have the decency to form your own opinions.

Stealth had very little to do with those ports.
He helped out with the original Proof Of Concept Sonic CD pitch to Sega, but all his work amounted to were labelled disassemblies of in-game objects so that Taxman could rewrite them in his engine.

so uh.. can I get a sauce?

scratch that.

I'd rather play what I imagine/hope Sonic Mania will be like than Shovelware Mario Cash-in Bros Wii U edition.

Looks fun. I'm not sure how I feel about the remixed older levels, but if the game is fun and it does well, maybe we'll get more 2D games with actual effort put into them.

Shill your wrong opinions somewhere else, Aids Moby.

Where does the hate for the Chuckles and Tails stages in SA2 come from? Using a mech was awesome, and flying around hunting emeralds with time limits, espionage, a huge bunch of mini-planets in one stage, etc was great. I liked every part of SA2.

Treasure hunting got fucked in SA2 because the radar was now locked at one and one only thing you are looking for, meaning that you could have a gem or whatever literally under your nose and you couldn't tell because it was the third in line and not the first one.

Yeah, that's the only problem. I don't remember it being a big deal like people say. The game even gives you monitors to locate the emeralds, which is probably why they're locked in order.

NOTHIN PERSONEL, KID

Stop.

Keep being delusional, it wasn't censorship, he violated the rules

The best part? No matter how much you try to argue this, it's not gonna bring him back!

You're welcome by the way
I'm one of the people that got him banned

The shitposter saged a thread about a videogame and said it "wasn't videogames." You really want to keep someone like that around?

Besides, why is this still being talked about? Can't we just talk about Sonic games?

Sure, there's nothing to discuss, so let's get back to sonic.

My favorite game was Unleashed.

Honestly, if Unleashed didn't have the nighttime stages and instead focused on platforming and speed, it could have been a truly stellar game; as it stands, though, it's only 50% good. The Unleashed Project for the PC version of Generations is a godsend, though, and it doesn't just hand you S Ranks like the base game does.

I agree, the werehog stages dragged to fuck.
I honestly wouldn't have minded if they became halved, or became split individual stages.

Checked

I think the music's main problem was that it had godawful instrumentation. The melodies themselves showed promise, i think.

They could have just been a minigame like the Tornado sections; maybe like a challenge mode or some shit (e.g., destroy this many enemies in X amount of seconds or what have you), but you don't advertise Sonic going faster than he ever has only to spend two thirds of the game not ever approaching that speed.

That seems to be the case. I think what happened was that they half-assed trying to replicate what the Mega Drive sounded like.

Gonna need one with sonic and classic sonic when the 2017 project comes out.

You know what i hate the most of all those threads about new sonic games such as sonic mania and sonic 2017?

The fact that they make me wanting to replay all those older sonic games. Including genesis and dreamcast ones. I already started to hate that hedgehog for being a furry shit and forgot about it.

But you faggots awoken that naive child in me once again. I have a huge fucking backlog and i can't waste it on yiff hedgehogs running around and making chao babies.

I wasted enough of my life as a kid on degenerate sonic games. This has to fucking stop.

The music was the one thing I absolutely despised about Sonic 4. Every time there was a halfway decent composition, it was ruined by godawful arrangement.

When a Sonic game has bad music, you fucking know it's irredeemable.

Sonic Chronicles Confirms this.

Do you have more sonic cancer pictures?

Case in point.

I'm still half convinced that Sega passed their curse onto BioWare.

Also, is that a copypasta?

I just wish they would put Sonic out and just put him out of his misery.

It's gotten to the point where they've made a meat curtain out of Sonic (Sonic Boom). They need to stop tying him to strings and making him dance like a puppet.

THE ENDING WAS THE WORST VG ENDING IN FUCKING HISTORY

Sonic and tails literally started sucking bioware cock when they TALKED ABOUT THE FUCKING COMPANY, DURING THE ATTACK WITH EGGMAN.
How the fuck did the higher ups at sega see this, a corporate mascot, kissing ass to another corporation.
It's like having crash bandicoot gossip about how much he loves Blizzard.

Sorry, could I get some context on this? I played the game a long fucking time ago and got stuck on the almost final boss because I put my shitty characters on Knuckles' team and I barely remember anything about it other than turning into Sonic Effect.

I wouldn't know.

During the credits, Sonic and Tails have a fourth-wall breaking conversation.

Looks fun

Usually I would agree but it looks like a fun little tribute. What I don't understand is why they're bringing old sonic back in the other game. It's clearly going to have the unleashed style gameplay which already has 2d sections. This combined with Sonic mania makes them look really desparate.

This.
I still can't get over PSO2. I mean I don't care but so many others did. It's like they hate money

Kill me.

It's probably because Generations was the most successful of the "boost formula" games. A lot of people have wanted a game that's "Generations but with new levels" ever since.

WHO'S FUCKING IDEA WAS THAT

Now I've seen everything. Fuck Bioware.

Speaking of music, how come Sonic Team never got Hideki Naganuma to do any music for the series after the Rush games? Those were probably some of the coolest OSTs in the series.

The approach was stupid and Bioware ius retarded for dioing that, but if you guys couldn't tell that was the credits, then you're equally as retarded

It did end up showing us just how much of a jerk Penders is, though.

I don't give a SHIT if it's the credits or not, If you do something like that, you deserve to get your ass fired.

That's kind of the impression I got, but why not just use conventional credits? You know, just end the story beyond a reasonable doubt?

Because being "lel so quirky" is Bioware's retarded M.O.

What the Christ

I thought Sonic World was just an engine. Are the developers making a game with it?

I like how they say that you can't die because rings are always available for you to get again.

But at the same time they suck entire first part of the video showing that "hurr durr you can't go too fast or you'll die".

Video literally contradicts itself.

Who let you off of SonicScanF?

DUDE

oaml deew

We've seen absolutely no gameplay of it.

hivemind faggots like you truly are the bottom of the barrel.

Am I the only one that absolutely loved the Sonic and Knuckles levels in SA and SA2? The Sonic levels are very reminiscent of the Genesis games as there's still proper momentum, pinball moments and the ability to do cool shit with properly timed and executed spindashes. The Knuckles levels are just plain comfy and would make a great game on its own if polished up a bit.

Oh and the Adventure games had some damn cool 2D promotional art. Really sad they dropped these in favor of 3D renders for everything.

Dumping more SA art.

whats the green character with the huge things coming out of the back? some new guy made up after 2005?

The bird? That's Jet the Hawk, who was the main rival character in the Riders series.

I don't care as long as this brings a new wave of Rouge porn.

Knuckles was fine in SA1. He was ruined in SA2.

You know what else had some good aesthetics?

Battle.

I played that game on an emulator a while back. Was it any good?

I'd hawk his jet if you know what I mean

The SA1 and SA2 art style is excellent, but I like the Sonic CD and OVA style even more

It's okay. Gameplay is fun but too easy, visuals are nice for a GBA game. Music isn't nearly as good as other Sonic titles from that era though; not bad but not at all memorable.

Its all right.

Wish they did a followup to it, I'd kill for another Sonic fighting game

Nah, he played fine. The level design was fine. The fuck up was that they messed with the radar so it would only sense one shard at a time forcing you to find them in "order" dragging out levels for no reason. In SA2 you ca be right next to a shard and the radar wont detect it because you haven't found the others yet.

Dont have any OVA stills so have this SA styled Metal instead.

Just like Undertale.

The level design wasn't fine. With a few exceptions, none of them were conducive to an actual scavenger hunt. If they were smaller, open spaces like SA1's Knuckles levels, they would be fine even with the radar change. Instead, you mostly got stuff like Aquatic Mine with lots of little tunnels and rooms you had to sift through, or something like Meteor Herd that was so big that the only way to complete it in a reasonable amount of time was to memorize the potential emerald locations. And don't tell me "they were better for exploring." The only worthwhile things to find are the upgrades, which are only obtainable once, and the level objectives. When you have to comb through a labyrinth or meticulously search through a giant open space just to beat the level, it isn't fun.

Rockman Online was gonna be a good font for DEEPEST LORE for Mega Man, it went into details like Bass apparently rivaling early Reploids in general raw output along with having legitimate free will from defying Wily constantly.

Sonic Battle had a good "rough"/sketchy art-style to it I liked, shame that Emerl hasn't been mentioned whatsoever since Advance 3. I don't really count Chronicles because it totally shat all over Emerl being the Gizoid.

so what is sonic world exactly? its not quite easy to gather, but i guess from here and the homepage of their website i think its just a fanmade level editor but i dont even know which kind of 3d sonic game's gameplay it has

It's pretty much a gameplay engine for custom levels right now. The gameplay is closest to the Adventure games, but it has it's own quirks and mechanics that differentiate it a bit. It's biggest drawpoints are the absolute load of playable characters and the fact that you can unlock the ability to team any of them up, pair-wise or Heroes style. It comes with a few levels on it's own and there's a bunch of levels on the site you can download, but I haven't played one that I've found good.

I hope there's some subtle anime shit like in the old genesis games.

If SEGA ever makes anything with a "Sonic creator", I'll pre-order it just so I can be the first one to make Sonichu or Coldsteel.

Why does the best classic Sonic song have so few good remixes/covers?

It's a shame, yeah, but you seem to have messed up your embed.

>pull up Spotify because my brother is playing for my subscription

FUCK. Now I know why I liked this game so much besides raising Chao. The Soundtrack is epic tiers of Ska and 90s Punk. That and the cool 80s/90s metal songs for the darker tone maps.

What is the all time best Sonic OST?
My vote goes to CD (jpn)

JP Sonic CD and SA2 are my contenders, SA2 sheerly for paying attention to music theory. Hero and Dark have a fantastic duality to the general styles of their music for each rivalry.

S&K. Flying Battery, Lava Reef (both acts), Sky Sanctuary, Death Egg, Title Theme, Blue Spheres, mid-boss, boss, final boss, and Doomsday are all fantastic. I'd say S3&K, but that feels like cheating for some reason.

Though, thinking about it, I also really like Black Knight's soundtrack.

For me it's a tie between the nip version of CD, SA2, and Rush. Unleashed and Colors are really close seconds, though. God damn, this series has too many great soundtracks.

That level was the shit.
I loved climbing to the very top and spiraling down

Kind of the opposite situation, but still.

So gay

It started off well, then that terrible guitar synth came in and ruined it. I've heard midis do guitar better than that.

it has no chao garden, alternative gameplay segments (emerald hunting, gunning, or anything), ignores several major plotlines of 2, and had a completely different crew developing it, sharing only a single writer from Adventure 2, and Ohtani, who has worked on most post Adventure 2 sonic games as a composer, gameplay is dramatically different
I'm not giving your meme youtuber views when he's obviously wrong

S3 has Hydrocity Act 2 (which is my favorite Sonic music) and Ice Cap, but yeah, S&K has more good themes overall. Lava Reef was so fucking good.

Tails must always bottom!

You don't want his huge twinky cock thundering around inside you?

No
I want that fat meat bouncing on my stomach while he's riding me

Did you completely miss the vehicle sections, physics puzzles, and buddy sections?

Yeah, and, aside from the brief mention of Tails saving the city, SA2 completely ignored all of SA1. Not to mention that '06 actually follows on Shadow's character development from his game, which itself continued SA2's plot.

Sonic '06 has multiple stories that each focus on a different character, adventure fields, character upgrades, the Egg Carrier, Emerald Coast 2.0, the main hedgehog gamplay from the Adventure games, and a final story that's only available once you beat all the main stories. It's almost closer to SA1 than SA2 is. If it isn't SA3, that's only because Shadow is SA3, making '06 SA4.

That's because 06 was a shitshow and putting in things like chao garden would have taken time and effort which they weren't capable of doing or SEGA wouldn't give them the time to do. This also reflects the alternative gameplay side missions like jumping through the hoops, killing all the eggman enemies, and searching through the town playing hide and seek with the kids
That doesn't stop SEGA or sonic team from making a sonic adveture game if they don't have every single old developer that worked on the old games.
That would also attribute to 06 being a shitshow. As bad as 06 is it still doesn't deny it of being SEGA's planned sonic adventure 3
So you didn't watch the video and just going off of assumptions or you did watch it and just disagree with him?

I think it looks amazing, I'll forgive the remixes as long as there are a shitload of new stages.

If you're Cream, perhaps. God, that Knuckles scenario had me on the verge of insanity.
Still, pretty damn fun game indeed.

WOOOAHOOOOO

It's not gay if he looks like a girl.

The racing games are GOAT and way better than any Mario Kart game post GC.

Is the /sth/ drawfag still around? I like his style.

I want to hire Crush 40 for a game of mine one day.

If only Sumo would stop getting fucked by Microsoft and made a 3rd Sonic and SEGA kart racing game, I would instantly get it.

COME ON SUMO!!!!!

I tried playing the game recently, I had fun until the 4th level of the game the second metropolis act at this level and the ones following each time I suffered a death right at the end of stages (then causing my A rank runs to go to E like fucking that because lord knows you can only rank A and E in this game due to the other requirements being so close between with a small margin between A and E) due to bullshit like homing attack giving up working, jumping 20 miles to the side when switching grind rail, as the boss swaps phase just fucking dropping me into the bottomless pit when it's meant to spawn you somewhere safe to avoid that.

Each level after the 3rd is a fucking mess, they try a new idea each stage and each time without fail it's implemented in such a shit way the chance of it killing you is very much there.

My Fav death was during the rail canyon boss, there is a group of 3 egg pawns in the path, so I thought I should kill one to be safe and used the homing attack, I swear to fucking god it just as it was about to it curved between the group and off the edge.
Like it was going forward and like a - magnet to another - magnet I fucking got pushed away and off the ledge, never before have I felt so cheated and pissed because of a simple mechanic messing up.

I'm sure I'm missing other characters like Alicia or Welkin from Valkyria Chronicles but still

SONIC AND SEGA RACING 3 NEVER EVER

vehicle sections were a new focus not involved in any prior SA3 while most of the modes in SA2 were based on or extensions of SA shit, not abandoning its roots entirely
physics were a new focus meant as a tech demo and to awe people, but it was underdeveloped and unappealing
these two are still somewhat similar to how SA2 did it, but neither is actually a callback or proof they're in the same series
yeah sure whatever then
was standardized already,
became a staple in sonic heroes, neither of these things ignore design differences and gameplay and the fact they got an almost 100% different team to work on the fucking game
if you're counting shadow the hedgehog, which is probably the closest after sonic heroes, then that's SA4 and we're on to whatever 5 will be

yes, because the claim is false, if they planned for it to be "SA3" the SA team would have actually fucking worked on it, but they were actually integrally involved in Sonic Heroes which has way more justifications for being "SA3" in any case
"it was SA3, I swear, they just did a bad job on it" isn't an argument either, SA2 was a bad SA sequel but it was still visible the same "series"
shoo shoo

Those are some unrealistic expectations, son.

His games kind of suck but the character is extremely cool.

Fuck you nigga, I'll do whatever the fuck I want

You take that back about vectorman. The first game was damn good
Also sketch turner should be in too.

I'll fuck you up

Videogames are gay, this is an anime board.

Also Sonic is only for autists, like wtf who would even associate with anyone that likes it

Think of the fucking possibilities here:

Nice bait you got there.

It's not bait, the only people I know who like Sonic are autistic and get mad at everything

Like what, autistic fans or people who even have a passing interest in platformers?

storytime motherfucker

Yuzoboy's remixes are pretty good on my book.

I think the problem are the old farts in sammy, jap execs really don't know what fucking year they are living in and are corrupt as fuck

I don't mind the tribute, in fact I think 2D sonic will always be superior to 3D sonic mostly because all 3D sonic games were half-asses to fuck while the original 2D games were AAA back in the day but I don't see why it couldn't be done with HD graphics be it polygons like SFR or better yet hand-drawn so its closer to the old games

Again using pixelated graphics today is a design choice not a necessity, on the other hand a lot of VR games are using lowpoly because almost nobody has the hardware for proper graphics at 90fps like VR requires

Again, jap execs, they probably think people in the west are still playing halo all day, or even the original doom…

SOA's was the only part of sega that knew what the fuck they were doing and it has been reduced to little more than fucking customer service these days

Well sanic boom was a massive fuckup

Read the whole story: https:[email protected]/* *//the-disaster-that-is-sonic-boom-ec263fc94d03#.w94iojjfw

That article sounds like it was written by a 15-year-old and basically boils down to a conclusion that anybody who's seen the game can come to without background knowledge (the game is shit because the team was mismanaged and didn't have experience with their tools).

Did you write this? D+, apply yourself.

Calm down nigger it was a whole thread from svidya someone uploaded to medium so more normalfags could see it

Can't wait for the Sonic Cycle Cycle Cycle.

those 2 arn't the plinkett crew. And they got killed off by half in the bag plinkett.