So flight thread anons?

So flight thread anons?

Pity bump

There weren't even 100 posts from OP's post and your own.

Get this scrub out of here.

Being in the cockpit is part of the experience, user.

I never got what people like about Ace Combat games. It seems like you're just chasing guys down and spamming missiles until they die for the whole game. Are you supposed to play it only for the story or the atmosphere?

While i fucking love Ace Combat

You're supposed to play it because it's fun

the new hud is DISGUSTING

Yo buddy. Still alive?

Nobody prior to you called ace combat a flight sim.

Oh fuck, my mistake
I swear i did read the op as flight sims instead of flight games
Move on
BELKA WILL RISE AGAIN

You play it for the CUHRAZY!!!

>>>/flightsim/ needs you, user. Every game about planes is acceptable.

You can choose the old one in the config.

Will the new Ace Combat have the F-35 unlockable with max points?

There's nothing more tense than losing most of your missles and having to dogfight the entire enemy Special Flight Team

Did you only play the first game or something?

What's the point of video games? It's seems like just press buttons and do stuff until it ends.

Fuck off with that stupid cuhrazy dumbassery.

What are you so upset about?

Pretty much all of the newer ones have the F-35 so 7 will definitely have it.

Well, now I want to buy a trackIR.

Why haven't we made a ysflight thread?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Does this shit work on emulators yet?

I've been playing AC5 a bunch using PCSX2. Haven't tried Zero on there yet but it probably works fine too.

desperate bump

So ACfags i want to ask something
Why do you hate the dogfight system in AC:AH ?

In my experience Zero runs but the graphics are all fuckled. This is likely because I need to dink around in the options or maybe it's just my laptop

It's unnecessary and interrupts the flow of the game. For the past four games discounting AH, the core gameplay hasn't changed much and it really doesn't need to. AH fucked up that formula. They alienated their fans trying to grab the CoD audience and ended up with neither and DFM is a big part of that.
You could always try and maneuver behind someone to get them with your gun. All DFM accomplishes is making it flashy, which is entertaining for the first couple missions, but then you see just how repetitive it is and how it bogs down the game since it's incentivized as a more efficient option over traditional AC gameplay. What I mean when I say it bogs it down is that there's nothing exciting about being locked behind an enemy slowly following while you shoot it. What's exciting is having to do all that yourself, without autopilot taking the controls while you mindlessly shoot missiles.
What's worse is certain enemies can only be destroyed in DFM and they're often invincible until you're autopiloted through enough flashy explosions.
To sum up the attitude behind Assault Horizon, a review called it Call of Duty in the air as an insult and they then slapped that quote on their ads as a badge of honor. What they failed to realize is Call of Duty fans don't really care about that any of that and Ace Combat fans just want more planes, more over the top crazy superweapons and stuff, and more of that glorious cheeseball writing.

I had fun with it but it gets boring real fast. It was cool at first but I'd rather do the cool maneuvers and keep up with the enemy plane myself.

My main problem with it is it feels it is forcing me onto a rail and trying to make me use it whenever possible because it is easier and allows them to do cinematic set piece flying instead of me actually controlling the plane myself.

I would understand if it the dogfight system was akin to how in 6 you have allied attack and allied defend gauge, but instead we got something that is style over substance.

Has anyone played Raiders Sphere 4th, Los Cuervos, Or Rogue Sky?

How are those for games to start the genre?

I didn't mind it.

The multiplayer was incredible.

Who else here is disappointed with Vector Thrust?

Eh it's not so bad, just it's unfinished and broken in places. Some challenges are absolutely retarded but overall it's passable.

The Ace Combat ports for it are looking promising

Some one made a port besides my half assed Shattered Skies mission?

Way I see it, it's like the nuDOOM's focus on glory-kills, taking freedom away from the player in exchange for attempting to show off cinematic set pieces which are sometimes outright necessary to do in order to proceed (or in nuDOOM's case, to gain more health and ammo).

How do y'all feel about Sky Rogue?

Pretty good for a 10-30 minute burst of play, but anything more and it gets boring or frustrating.

Rise of Flight master race coming through

He talking shit about my planifu?

Anybody play Ace Combat Infinity?

Of coursh

It looks fun but I think I'll just wait for 7.

You can do pretty much everything without paying a cent. Especially now when the tournaments no longer have planes as prices but rather medals you can exchange for planes. Of course it might take some time, but the medal system still favors free players more than the previous system.

Realistically only the top tier planes (mostly AC3 planes) are out of reach for free players, because leveling them costs a shit load of credits.

That doesn't change the fact that it has microtransactions, which should be unacceptable on a console game. I wouldn't mind just paying for the game instead. It's a shitty business practice that needs to die.

If AC7 has them I will lose all hope in this hell that is called the "gaming industry"

Are there any games out there that'll let me play as a F-35 and stealth around the battlefield?

HAWX 2 has an entire level dedicated to flying an F-35 around at night while the enemy light up the sky with flak trying to find you.

Superior plane coming though.

Dodge this!

Yeah, payed for by Lockheed Martin Marketing department that mission was.

I didn't know this many anons played YSF, I'm surprised. Where do you talk about it?

It's a free to play game. They have to make the money somehow.

Oh goody it sounds like it's time for bingo again.

You sound as bad as Abramsfags

Second / third gen VR will be amazing with flight sims, just need them to get higher res so you can actually read MFDs / gauges.
Half of Holla Forums doesn't seem to understand that VR+ Sim overcomes the vast majority of issues with VR.

Are you claiming that the F-35 was a good project in hindsight?
The beauty of hindsight is you already know how things turned out.

It's an impressive technology demonstrator, but it was never brought into service for a reason. The maneuvering brought by forward-swept wings can be created using other, more structurally sound means. Plus forward sweep creates a massive frontal signature, which isn't good in modern air combat. Also

It has better high-alpha handling than the F-16 and better maneuverability than the F/A-18 (or YF-17 for that matter) plus it has better range and payload than both of them. Hell, the B variant is better than the Harrier in pretty much every single way.

What, are you going to tell me that the PAK-FA is stealthier? I need a good laugh.

It was fun but I preferred this.

Except they're both wrong and need to do some actual research into the plane they're criticizing

I won't deny there have been missteps in the program (which has happened in every single fighter program that has ever existed) but the plane itself has turned out fine and is proving itself to be very capable. The A variant actually entered service with the USAF today.

I remember playing that with just a keyboard.

Nigger, I think you need to spend some time in the Chairforce and actually figure out what is more important and needed.

How's the F-35's CAS capability for instance?

Sky Rogue is really nice. It feels like an Ace Combat game, sans pilot dialogue and structured missions/story. My only complaint is that it sticks to the randomly chosen missions and gets hard too quick. Missions 1-2 are alright, 3 get kinda hard, and 4+ is really hard, at least for a scrub like me. Otherwise I thought it was totally worth $10, especially since you can co-op locally and it runs on toasters pretty well.

I wasn't originally and then I tried to come back to it and I was really disappointed. Can't quite put my finger on it but it really felt lacking.

Crimson Skies is great, if the frames would be more consistent.

You should watch Pentagon Wars. F-35 is a multirole being developed for too many countries for too many roles.

It's a:
Air Superiority Fighter Aircraft
Ground Attack Aircraft
Air Defense Aircraft
Stealth Aircraft
Carrier Based Aircraft
STVOL Aircraft
VTOL Aircraft
Single Engine Aircraft
Has to fit eleven different countries standards and operations.

Guess how many it does well.

Multirole aircraft are by definition a cost cutting compromise but this one is a mess spread flat and it's not even cutting costs, it's increasing them. You thought the stories of F22 service hours were bad wait 'till the mechs feel safe enough to talk about this flying bag of bad ideas.

The F-35's CAS capability is perfectly fine. The B showed it was a very capable platform in green flag and now red flag. It can survive far better than the A-10 can, that's for sure. In fact, the F-35B had difficulty doing SAM missile evasion exercises in this year's Red Flag because none of the ground forces could track it in the first place. The whole loitering time argument is pretty irrelevant too since air refueling has been perfected for a pretty long time.

I think the biggest issue was forcing STOVL on to it, the mahreen should have either got their own plane or been stuck with rotor wing only and rely on the navy / air force for fixed wing.

The F-16 is a great example of multi-role done right as it didn't bother with any carrier / STOVL capability and does everything else pretty well.

Throughout the history of designing aircraft, when you want something to be multirole there is always something that it excels at more and is generally a bit of a lemon in other. F-16's and F-18's for example unless heavily refitted are more capable against Air than Ground targets. Same with SU-27, MiG-29's. F-2's, Mirage 2000 and Tornado's are examples of planes that excel more in the CAS role than Air to Air despite being designed to be multirole. Bottom line is it's known multirole ends up being an expensive way of neglecting key aspects of your airforce.

Not even going to bother with the Red Flag which exists primarily now as an Armchair General circlejerk rather than a test of real combat conditions which 9/10 results in massive humiliation for the US

Son it is quite clear you have no clue about how warfare works or a Lockheed shill since no one in their right minds would authorize the deployment of such a craft for CAS unless SEAD has gone scorched earth on the air defenses. Long story short? Your loitering argument is mute since nobody is going to risk losing a tanker aircraft.