When you thought Microsoft couldn't become worse

…They outdo themselves.

Every person using a Windows program received a mail talking about "new Terms of Use for Microsoft programs". Reading it tells us one thing - From 15th September, every Microsoft program (W10 obviously, but also Office, Skype and OneDrive) and online service (Bing, Hotmail) is gonna act like W10, siphoning personal data for "various uses", forcing updates down users' throats and making themselves sure no one could attack them legally, even if someone got problems after Microsoft's use of their data.

Oh, and for those using Microsoft programs and sites and who do not want to participate to that ? They have until the 15th September to ask Microsoft to delete their personal data. Except that it takes "at least three weeks", and that from 15th September on, anyone's data can be kept by Microsoft after deletion.

Congrats, Microsoft. You really outdid yourselves.

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/servicesagreement/upcoming.aspx
ghacks.net/2016/07/26/you-will-use-cortana-says-microsoft/
ghacks.net/2016/07/28/microsoft-removes-policies-windows-10-pro/
cnet.com/how-to/how-to-disable-ads-in-skype/
archive.is/Bm8lR
archive.is/7Tmvz
xubuntu.org/getxubuntu/
help.ubuntu.com/community/BluetoothSetup
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_OpenDocument_software
8ch.net/tech/w7tele.html
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Partitioning#Partition_scheme
github.com/LibreSignal/LibreSignal/issues/37#issuecomment-217211165
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do you have a sauce?
If this is true I will switch to Debian or Xubuntu.

The new Terms of Use themselves. Any search engine is your friend for that.

There's nothing.

microsoft.com/en-us/servicesagreement/upcoming.aspx
Since you need to be force-fed.

There's nothing.

Okay, you can't read.

What you said is there isn't there.

Not here to shill like but you should probably cite the relevant lines since you'll be talking to the lowest common denominator like me who won't really read shit unless they can at least copy line and ctrl+F.

Thanks for shooting your foot some more Macrosoft, though.

I'm using Windows 7 and I haven't gotten that kind of email actually.

Don't forget your tinfoil hat.

> there are anons here who still play WoW

reddit 2.0

Data stealing
Parts 1 and 2 as a whole. Note that it applies this data stealing to "our services" and not exclusively to Windows 10.

Update forcing
From part 7 :

Part 13 as a whole.

Part 4, Section iv
(looks like it's different between countries, we have a three weeks period before closure, while you have two months)

I only use steam from all that.
I add pirated games as non-steam apps

Microsoft account. Only retards have one.

Nobody uses the windows store.

Nobody has a microsoft account.

Nobody has a microsoft account.

Okay. So you're either a Windowshill, or genuinely stupid.

You're gonna have to do better than "shill" if you want us to care.

It's basically the same as an apple/ubuntu/etc account. You store your personal shit on their servers (absolutely retarded thing to do) they could see it. This isn't new. Nobody uses those types of services except normalfags.

I brought the facts. If you can't read them, then no amount of effort will make you care.

I'm not seeing any particular thing stand out, OP.

tumblrtale

Why should I care, OP?

Okay so it's a bot?

Lots of derailings going on.

Because it's fun to watch people who do use those services and rewarding jews getting raped for it.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

maybe you ought to kill yourself

You realize you're only proving me right

HOW ABOUT YOU FUCK OFF BACK TO TUMBLR YOU FUCKINJ NIGGER
=NOBDY WANTS YOUR SHIT MEME GAME HERE==
==AND FUCK YOU MARK YOU TUBMRLTALE LOVING KIKE I HOPE YOU GET FUCKIGN GASSED=

testify

What's worse. No activity or cancerous activity.

You know, i've been on chans for like 10 years, and all i know that even suggesting that some user has a real facebook account would count as blasphemy before. Same with iphone.

Steam is indeed cancerous and nobody should be using it by now. People woke up from it only during paid mods incident, and that's a shame it wasn't done before.

I'm guilty of steam but like to think the fact I have no social media accounts at all make up for it.
But I have an android phone with associated google account

You should rethink your sociofilic life and drop relationship with people who make you depended on doing wrong things.

I once had "friends" until i realized that nobody is your friend, and they are quick on betraying you for their own benefit. If you found a person and you just talked to him about various things, even if he has same opinions as you, its not a friend, that's an acquaintance.

You never can have many friends. The only true friends are the ones with who you survived dangers, starved in long journey, saved each other from death, and gone through hell of a life on a brink of dying together.

And those, my dear "friend", do not exist in this particular luxurious time and age. Recently people started to call everyone a "friend" without even knowing them in filthy politically correct "respect", just like degenerate muslims call each other "brothers". Its not right to call everyone a friend. Its not right to scream about your acquaintances as they are something important, and agree to all their terms. You should pursue greater goals in life and abandon everyone on your way.

Skype might be bad, but if you're privacy conscious, Discord isn't much better.

You do know Windows 10 is not the worst thing they have done, right?

how? and Steam can't recognize if it is a pirated game?

You can add random bullshit like notepad.exe as "non-steam games". I do that for custom statuses.

This user knows what's up. Never have I felt more liberated and free as I have when I'm completely and totally without social contacts of any kind. The longer I have contact with people the more I hate them and hate myself and hate life.

Occasionally I'll even just quit the internet itself for months at a time so I don't talk to people on image boards. It's so nice. I play so many video games and watch so much anime. So much time that disappears when "socializing" like we do is recovered.

No because that would require effort. It will simply show that whatever you have set to it is running

It will show as a nonsteam game.

I AM CALYPSO
AND I THANK YOU FOR READING THIS IN MY VOICE

Try again nigger.

Oh wait, I see what you're saying. Still gonna call you a nigger just because.

Got me

So MS Office is going to start pulling shenanigans too? Hopefully people will switch to LibreOffice instead of just bending over and taking it.

Does rolling back to an older update remove the spying shit?

Or do you need to block MS (like you do for the adverts)?

>tfw, your board owner, @markm447 is embedded with Microsoft, and fervently uses Windows 10

Really wish I didn't have to use their shit for work otherwise I'd about fully ditch but for work and the odd game that doesn't run.

fug

And then the loneliness kicks in.

change the neccesary accounts to send mail to your new e-mail, and redirect all mail from your old e-mail address to your new one.

Will the change affect older versions of office?

Cortana can no longer be disabled
ghacks.net/2016/07/26/you-will-use-cortana-says-microsoft/

Newest W10 update removes ability to disable ads on Pro version

ghacks.net/2016/07/28/microsoft-removes-policies-windows-10-pro/

You can do this to block ads in Skype:
cnet.com/how-to/how-to-disable-ads-in-skype/

And you can remove Telemerty using Holla Forums stuff and notes.

Would those combined "clean" MS Office?

Same. But to be honest I don't have any friends, so a switch might be easy.

What's an alternative email provider?
G-Mail is still satan I assume?

Mark is a jew, of course he uses the most jewish operating system available

You forgot to mention Sony and Nintendo console owners, bitch.

This is really amusing, I hope one day MS will brick PCs/laptops of retards who use this shit OS.

Because we have so many alternatives, don't we?

I also forgot people who actually play Evolve

Windows 7 is fine for now if you can't use Linux. We don't even know if no support for it will really affect people in the future.

That's already happening.
archive.is/Bm8lR
archive.is/7Tmvz

Honestly who gives a flying fuck?

Do you honestly think a good game is going to be made among the 2deep4u early access indie shit and the rehashed triple-A vomit?

Microsoft is run by an indian telemarketer now, what did you expect?

Designated spying ports

What sorcery is this?

You can turn updates off on Windows 7 and it's better to remove cache with downloaded updates which can be installed. You can't do the same thing about Windows 10.

Pretty much, especially this is right about AAA games which I don't even pirate because it's a waste of time. And some good niche games such as fighting games outside of Shit Fighter or NRS trash won't need very powerful CPUs for which there will be no Windows 7/8.1 support. I'll never use Windows 10.

Honestly at this point, there's no point to even trying to use windows.
It's so expensive that many people just pirate it, which immediately negates any form of official support for it, not that you'd get any help from microsoft if you tried.
Then to even have to disable updates to prevent it from bricking your system or forcing the windows 10 downgrade on you, kinda defeats the purpose of having official support if you didn't pirate it.

If people honestly want to go through all the trouble of removing all the malicious shit integrated into their system and preventing updates, then why wouldn't you just switch to linux?
At least you don't have to go through the same hassle, and you still get essential security patches.

The latter.
I'd rather the board die with grace than live with cancer.

Don't you mean the former?

The second option is the latter, you mong.

I'm honestly expecting for someone to release a pirated W10 version that is neutered in terms of Orwellian bullshit.

You're the mong.

No, pretty sure you're the mong.

He was asked which was worse, No activity or cancerous activity.

He said cancerous activity was worse. The latter. He would rather there be no activity.

It's fine, you can kill yourself whenever.

Wouldn't he be using Ganoo Slash Loonix then?

Why not neither?

Okay I will.

Yeah, pretty much. Feels good not being a shameless corporate whore redditor that willingly takes spyware balls deep into their computer.

That's why there's hope that more studios start moving over to support vulkan, which can be used on Win7 and Linux.

There's some of the enterprise version floating around on piratebay, but I'm still holding off until 2020.

I'm playing Legion and there's nothing you can do to stop me from enjoying myself.

Get back to the cave – it's the only place you'll be safe from the government's vapour trails!!

xubuntu.org/getxubuntu/

People already knew not to use those programs because the ToS said shit about removing pirated software before these changes.

Windows 10 is cancer but this guy is just a fucking idiot when it comes to computers

I don't have to, legion will do that for me.

Yeah, you have to be out of your mind if you don't pirate Windows. I'm actually surprised that there are retards even on this site who are too stupid to do so, I actually never bought Windows or even M$ software in my entire life and never plan to do so.

Maybe they're M$ shills, I remember retards who tried to justify using Windows 10 like that. I mean this is pretty logical, if you're ready to fuck with all this crap to make Windows 10 at least decent you shouldn't be afraid of Linux which is better option.

It's not even that, making DX12 exclusively for Windows 10 when there is Vulkan which is available for every system would be a very big mistake. Only insane devs would touch this shit unless they were paid by M$, Tomb Raider sales proves it.

The shills actively seek out places to defend windows, I tagged windows in one of my shitty jewtube vids and almost immediately some jackass came to the defense he took the time to watch the video to the point where he could get context of what I specifically said about windows to try and defend it, which was 15 minutes of me shitting around in binding of isaac
shills are really fucking dedicated to the cause

Is there any linux program to sync iphones? Itunes is the only reason I use windows anymore

I switched to Kubuntu, and I didn't like it since installing new software was a pain in the ass. I just went back to being fucked in the ass by Microsoft.

Fixed that for you

wine is notoriously shit with itunes

how? ubuntu ships with "the ubuntu software center" which is an easy gui-driven package search tool, and even lists the optional dependencies of applications with checkboxes to enable each one

Have you even tried it?

When was the last time you actually went outside?

Well I had a shit fuck of trouble installing bluez for my bluetooth headphones. like they just wouldn';t connect.

I GOT THAT FUCKING EMAIL
WHAT NOW?

i wish it were as simple as wearing a cool hat

Did you check help.ubuntu.com/community/BluetoothSetup ?

You can block your skype updates forever.
Add the skype update checking site to the firewall and you're done.

yeah, and just to have it on record. they were Bose QuietComfort 35 headphones

Happy to use non-Microsoft equivalents of these programs and services. Except Skype, but I lost my password over a year ago when I changed PCs.

If you're going to switch to Ganoolincucks would recommend one of the Ubuntu derivatives, such as Xubuntu or Kubuntu as they visually are very similar to Windows. However, do not under any circumstances get Ubuntu itself as Canonical are spyware loving turbokikes.

Aren't there free programs doing the same?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_OpenDocument_software

Well you're not the only one who encountered the problem. It mainly seems to be an issue with the headphones not supporting bluetooth LE for pairing and bluez needs to be manually configured for which mode to use.

Exactly, it's a real pain in the ass.

Is Mint alright?
It looks pretty user friendly.

Never used it myself but I've heard it's good for Linux newbies

The supposed solution is creating the config file /etc/bluetooth/main.conf to enable the appropriate bluetooth mode containing:
[General]ControllerMode = bredr

so just a random txt file?

I had no end of problems getting AMD drivers to work on Mint.

Yeah, that's all a config file is.
/etc/bluetooth/
is the location.

alright, guess I'll reinstall kubuntu. also if I wanna install Windows applications in Kubuntu, should I use Wine or crossover.

Make yourself a VM and pass a video card through if your MB supports it.

Uninstalled the shit out of Skype and GFWL marketplace which I only installed in the first place because it came bundled with GFWL, which I only installed to play Lost Planet 2, anything I'm missing for keeping my win7 safe from Microsoft fucking shit up?

I already got an extra hard drive and GPU. Although I would like to ask if there's any way to store documents and stuff on another hard drive.

Firewall everything and only allow games through on a case by case basis. Use a different machine for browsing the internet.

8ch.net/tech/w7tele.html

But will that work? Remember how they forced updates on the msn messenger?

Aren't there any better alternatives to skype? Could we code our own instant messenger?

Discord is better

Are there any good non-botnet emails? I saw in a thread here a while ago anons talking about an email that had encryption and you had to pay a small amount every year(?), but I don't have any money to spare now. Probably would get it if I had a fucking job.
I've had Hotmail since 2005(??) and sure as hell want to migrate to somewhere not kosher now.

How does Kubuntu and Xubuntu compared to Linux Mint?

Discord.

cock.li, faggot

I suggest using playonlinux with wine, just because you can have individual versions of wine for certain applications.
I have had issues with certain wine versions breaking applications that previously worked, and playonlinux simplifies working around it.

Or just use a virtualbox, since just about everything supports usb passthrough to the host OS.

Yeah you can set your home partition ( where your user account data and files are stored) to another drive, or make a symbolic link to another drive, so anything saved to the folder symbolic link are moved directly to the target drive.

Linux Mint is basically Xubuntu.
They're both based on debian, Xubuntu is just ubuntu with the XFCE4 desktop environment, and Linux Mint is just ubuntu with all the non-free drivers/codecs pre-installed (so, it's mp3/avi/youtube/facebook ready out of the box and will use proprietary drivers for your hardware)

The guy who runs it is a goon who was trying to recruit people to goonswarm on Eve when they got gangraped a little while ago. He also hosted servers in Germany iirc where they got confiscated by feds.

Good old Microshit.

protonmail

Well I'm using an SSD for the main OS and I was thinking of having the applications on the SSD while the documents and the extra stuff on the second hard drive

I guess I'll switch back to win7 and hope for the best

Yeah, easy setup.
Install root partition to ssd, set home partition to the regular hard drive.
Some things probably wouldn't need to be on the ssd, and could be configured for further optimization, for more information see:
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Partitioning#Partition_scheme

The chans already tried coding their own IM client called Tox on /g/ & Holla Forums. Results were mixed, if nobody mentioned it here yet.

forgot to link

Cool stories, bros

Does this include X360 and Office 2k7 users?

Kill yourself.

Million dollar question(s): does discord allow video cam and is it avaible for Android too?

Another question, if I didn't get the e-mail, am I safe?

For anyone running Win7/8, here's some steps in making sure you don't have telemetry installed on your system.

8ch.net/tech/w7tele.html

wew

Bumping.

shit OP i thought you'd knew how to computers, what are you going to tell me? use loonix for games? please.

I'm hoping that it gets to the point that all games are compatible with Linux soon so I can switch. Till then I'll continue using Windows 7(already removed the telemetry shit and everything)

They do many things wrong, but letting burgerland spy on citizens isn't one of them

Are you joking?
If America says jump the eu says how high.
The eu is 100% cucked, they'll let America and by extension microsoft do whatever they want.

Is this for W10fags only or does it effect all Windows operating systems?

not entirely true.
france recently called out microsoft for collecting a lot of data from their customers..
microsoft simply said that they were willing to cooperate with the french government.
microsoft isn't even denying that they are collecting big shit anymore.

but when it comes to government bullshit, yeah, EU is cuck to US govt

QUICK, WHERE ARE PLACES YOU CAN VOICE CHAT WITH PEOPLE.

Outside.

jitsi
tox
mumble
smoke signals

By getting rid of that Apple shit and using modded Android. iPhones and OS X are even worse than Windows.

Or just stop using Skype.

Practically all config files on *nix are plaintext and user-editable.

Honestly E-mail is not the best choice for encryption as the mail host can see the entire message. PGP can be used to encrypt the message body so only the actual recipient can read it, but that doesn't cover most of the metadata, notably the subject line. Also PGP is a nuisance to use, both parties need to have it set up.

Tox nails the UX portion and having multiple clients to choose from is nice. Unfortunately writing secure code is really hard, as has been demonstrated time and time again even by experts, and I don't know if I trust these people to do it right. At the least I trust them to try though.

Not quite true, they still do Windows N and KN editions.

I doubt most people have that option. You can at least mitigate some of the problems though, like using a phone with good baseband isolation and not using the Google apps. There's also Silence to encrypt SMS (fork of TextSecure), unfortunately phone call encryption is in a terrible state.

github.com/LibreSignal/LibreSignal/issues/37#issuecomment-217211165

what about Mint ?
I think it is also an "ubuntu"
and it seems really popular for all concerned with ease of use and simplicity, I'm thinking about trying it out
I'd like to set up some VGA passthrough as well, since I build my newest computer choosing parts able to do this

Mint is basically an Ubuntu derivative, with an interface reminiscent of Windows 7.

I'm not an expert, but I think the major difference between the Ubuntu derivatives is just the desktop manager.

So, what, I'm meant to grab an acquaintance and go to fucking Africa for a few years so that I can call them a "friend" under your autistic guideline? Fuck off.

I use steam.

the US has been spying on germany for years now, and keeping special tabs on Merkel's phone line

windows 98 is probably safe
since nobody at microsoft knows how it works any more

gets me every time

im sure it goes back at least as far as windows 7, maybe even xp since apparently theres people that still use that

I feel like France has all the reason to leave the EU next.

teknik.io is operated by /g/ (was started prior to GamerGate, and the following drama that caused exodus').

That would be a fun resident evil 5 coop, yeah.

checked
post your face when you never fell for the discord meme

What you said is mostly true but I think it comes down to more than 'going through hell together'. If I can suggest to you that humans behave in ways that offer them the most gains.

Gain-seeking behavior then in our society is mainly orientated around exploiting whatever resource you have on hand and in a densely populated society that is people. There's always someone new to exploit or rip off.

In other societies in history, humans lived in a tribal setting and the tribe co-operated, and shared in a communal setting for the sake of survival. There was little to gain in exploitation of your fellow humans because that would only earn you enmity of the group and there would be nobody around for a long distance. A similar situation in a more 'modern' setting would be the American pilgrims.

I'm rambling a bit so forgive me my point is that humans might behave better towards each other, or be less dishonest in environments where there is less to gain from that sort of behavior.

I don't think it's as much as developing strong bonds through survival, as much as their is less or more to gain depending on how many people there are to exploit. Because typically after you've used somebody they want nothing to do with you, not a problem if there's several more strangers to meet in the same day.

nice maiden get

god damnit

Don't recall if Discord allows video-chat (probably not) but it's available for Android.

GOD FUCKING DAMNIT, JEWS TO THE LEFT OF ME, JEWS TO THE RIGHT

That user was making an assumption as a joke to make a point.
This however, is just fucking sad.

wins 10 didn't invent automatic bullshit updates, even if it is a questionable OS there are definitely ways around its bullshit

Fucking pleb niggers

I get that social interaction is only getting less and less of substance but you're full of shit if you want me to believe full-on autism is better and that friendship, survival instinct or just being a not-shit person in general and lacking principles aren't different things.

It was only bound to happen. 8ch is now that kid that everyone would just make fun because everyone ELSE was making fun of them.

We are the dead.

That guy will never be able to hang himself with the lynch so low.

I'm not happy about the way my paranoia is constantly and consistently vindicated.
I guess I'll keep staying far away from software with "Hail Eris" names, since apparently they really are run by the Illuminati or whatever. (Never liked Slackware Linux anyway. I just hope I don't end up with a job where I'm expected to use Slack…)

Get a job, faggot.

get

a

job

faggot.

Seriously, your school life isn't how the world fucking works, or a good judge of how people will turn out.

School's a retarded prison so people will act shitty there, but unbound from that they're acceptable as people, even good.

Unless you live in an Arab country.

The hell? That aint where Vader says that.

Damn it Jews, can't you let someone like me too retarded to do anything right at least have my old pre-made computer to lean on? Two Skype friends are all I have to not feel too lonely even.

I'm going to commit suicide if I have to switch back to that buggy nightmare. It's a crying shame MS Office is the only office suite that doesn't fuck up everything it creates.

A job isn't hell, and unlike school YOU GET PAID FOR IT.

For god's sake, get a fucking job and literally every single one of your social problems will solve itself. You meet people, you get money.

Two of the four things you need to succeed in ANYTHING.

The 3rd one is exercise (which improves your mental states so you stop being a simpering coward to any sort of interaction) and the 4th is will to carry out what you want to do, which is enhanced by exercise.

Working for yourself is preferable in any case, that's what people used to do.

man i wish, i'm in blue collar i just meet old grumpy dudes

Then go fucking work at a grocery or some shit where younger people ARE. Go to a store and look at the types of employees that are employed there. That's who you'll be working with.

You chose to apply for blue collar, and you chose to take the job. You chose to work with grumpy old dudes. This was your choice.

Make your own decisions, but don't bitch that you can't meet people, because that's your fault.

Go fucking bar hopping for all I care.

lmao no i like making decent wages. also you're definitely overreacting to my stupid little joke about my field

i like going to bars with my m8s but its not a good way to meet people, people go to the pub in groups, they're already their with a clique and are unlikely to let anyone wander into it

Be glad, really. From personal experience it's much easier & faster to delete a Skype account than a Discord one.

How do I tell them to delete my shit?