Vita Thread

"Henkaku Homebrew" Edition

WHATCHA:

And most importantly, are you still having fun?

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/yifan-lu-announces-henkaku-a-new-native-vita-homebrew-enabler-for-3-60.435874/page-19
vitadevwiki.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
pixiv.net/member.php?id=4325914
iplaypsvita.com/upcoming-ps-vita-games-2016/
henkaku.xyz/
wololo.net/rejuvenate-ps-vita/
wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/7871
wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/7672
twitter.com/Wario64/status/759797821708967937
twitter.com/CensoredGaming_/status/759552017396359168
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/muramasa-rebirth-genroku-legends-collection/cid=UP1024-PCSE00240_00-B000000000000855
ebay.com/itm/PSV-PS-VITA-MURAMASA-REBIRTH-Sealed-US-version-/151768607672
store.playstation.com/#!/en-my/games/aw-phoenix-festa/cid=EP0700-PCSB00960_00-ASIA000000000000
danbooru.donmai.us/posts?utf8=✓&tags=atelier_escha_&_logy &ms=1
superufo.com/pp/category.asp?category_id={5534EF0B-3118-43E6-A75E-025A562A54A0}
ebay.com/itm/351793859058
twitter.com/MajorTomVita/status/760055291572617216
g.e-hentai.org/g/490745/93360daeb3/
store.playstation.com/#!/ja-jp/ゲーム/追加アイテム/ぎゃる☆がん-だぶるぴーす-追加dlc-購買部アイテム「フェロモンz」/cid=JP0091-PCSG00699_00-GALGUNWDLC001000?EMCID=jGMpscomheader03
hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/DEVICE_PSVITA.html
store.playstation.com/#!/ja-jp/ゲーム/追加アイテム/ぎゃる☆がん-だぶるぴーす-追加dlc-購買部アイテム「フェロモンz」/cid=JP0091-PCSG00699_00-GALGUNWDLC001000?EMCID=jGMpscomheader03
gitgud.io/Astromancer/EIGHTvVita
gitgud.io/groups/InfinityVita
amazon.com/Valkyrie-Drive--Bhikkhuni--PlayStation-Vita/dp/B01JHQURLY/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1470125544&sr=8-10&keywords=valkyrie Drive
translate.pcbsd.org/
doc.dl.playstation.net/doc/psvita-oss/freebsd.html
netbsd.org/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NetBSD
doc.dl.playstation.net/doc/psvita-oss/
wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/arm
pastebin.com/pz9FbTet
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for TV anime tiddies

Fuck off out of my board, weebshits.

>>>/a/

Fucking attention whoring faggot.

Anyway, piracy on Vita when?

MHGenerations and GalGun soon

my copy of GalGun, Valkyrie Drive, UPPERS, and more money

ordered Hollow Realization about a week ago, and a 16GB memory card.

> fun?
yep, the fun just doesn't stop.

Hi.

When you figure out how to get around the encryption on the carts.

Doesn't HENkaku grant access to the game carts? I thought it was a total hack? I was waiting for ROM dumps.

I've seen people saying that but I can't access the directory on mine.

I've got it installed, I'm willing to risk bricking my vita just to help other niggas out with this shit.

What am I looking for?

It seems to just be a folder in the root called gro0

what do you think vita chan's panties smell like
do you think she has a spare pubic hair or three hanging out of them because she ordered a size too small and was too awkward to return it?

Mine's not showing up at all and I have a game in. Does it only work with specific games?

No idea, I guess I'll try it out with all the physical games I have.

Here's what I read on GBA temp
Tried it right now, works like a charm

Edit: In fact, pushed a little further, and here's the list of the partitions we have access to:

app0:
gro0:
os0:
pd0:
sa0:
tm0:
ud0:
ur0:
ux0:
vd0:
vs0:
(and maybe grw0: also, but don't have a cart with it right now)

gbatemp.net/threads/yifan-lu-announces-henkaku-a-new-native-vita-homebrew-enabler-for-3-60.435874/page-19

Also FYI I didn't try shit, that's just what the guy said.

I'll do some digging myself with FileZilla and see what I can do.

Well, here's app0, I don't know where it's coming from or how I'm accessing it but it seems to only contain the files for MolecularShell.

It gives you access to the device's file system.

Alright so from what I can gather:
/ur0:/appmeta/ contains the shit for bubbles and what have you. This from as far as I can tell is *exclusively* just app data, so only images for bubbles and all that shit. (First Image)

I guess I stumbled upon the themes folder or something? I don't have any installed so this is empty. (Second Image)

Your GPS shit from Near or whatever is stored in a bin file in some folder or whatever. Nigga I don't know this shit I'm dumb as a rock (Third Image)

A little further down the page you linked a guy said that just typing it in manually works. I just tried it and can confirm it.

ah, see what i mean
i'm dumb as shit, sorry about that. Should've read.

Trying to decide which game to start; Ys 8, Uppers or Shiren the Wanderer

Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics
The 999 vita port
Hopefully Samurai Shodown V Special if that recent poll was anything to go by

Gal*Gun shipped
Got Valkyrie Drive, Neo ATLAS 1469 and Shantae pre-ordered

Also, anyone here played Breach & Clear? Looked decent but I wanted some personal opinions on it before I spend PSN funbucks on it.

Also another thing I noticed while copying over the cart data. Jesus christ the Vita wireless transfer speeds are a godsend compared to the 3DS'.

Are your cart's game files stored in psarc format too?

I think app0 is whatever app is running, since you're running the FTP server through Molecular shell app0 has Molecular's data in it.

It would probably differ between games, I don't see any PSARC files in the dump.

Also the images don't seem to work.

Strange. I'm dumping UMVC3 and the only non .PSARC I'm finding is the opening mp4 file.

I want to have sex with vita-tan!

Vita-Tan is for headpats and romantic handholding and nothing else.

She's for rotting in the fucking ER, because she's a stillbirth.

WHY DO THE GBA GAMES RUN LIKE DOGSHIT HERE

Because mGBA is shit, and you should be using gPSP.

It's not vita tan's fault, it's the fucking shitty SDK the henkaku nerds put out with this.

I really wish I knew why everything had to be a fucking .vpk file when .velf files work far better from what I hear. Like, why the fuck can you not use .velf files?

Also fuck you Vita is not a still birth

I want to do it in vita mode though.
If you have a vpk of gpsp, then I'll gladly take it.

It feels pretty slick to me, m8.
It's early, so I won't give them too much shit, I would prefer all the bells and whistles from the start though, I'll give you that!
Also-
Vita is a Harlequin Baby. I'll let you figure out why.

Your mom's a Harlequin baby.

I think I know why your image files aren't working.

Could they be encrypted?

I like this meme

She's a sexy one too.

ask hcs64.com, they're the uncucked gbatemp.
They're really good, especially if you're planning on extracting music from the games.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're encrypted.

can confirm, all files pulled off game carts are encrypted

Ys VIII (the dialogue choices are great), Shiren
My fucking copy of Gundam Breaker 3 to get here soon. A GBA emulator that isn't shit.
I just bought a lot of shit.

all files pulled off the memory card are encrypted as well.

Let me go see if there's any way to unencrypt them.

Here's hoping for improved emulators. Broken audio is no bueno.

Well, duh.

I should also note that a lot of the Vita's software structure is very similar to the PSPs, which makes sense.
Also, it seems PS1 games are emulated…using the PSP's emulator.
When you run a PS1 game, you are emulating a PSP emulating a PS1. Yo dawg.

This was already known. Earlier PSX piracy required players to use the PSP emulator to install an exploit in the PSX emulator.

AHH!!!! THE SNES GAMES RUN LIKE SHIT TOO. IF I WANTED TO GO INTO PSP MODE, I WOULD USE MY FUCKING PSP. FML

Well I guess I'll keep my Vita on 3.52 or whatever firmware it was and keep playing my PSP, PS1 and old emulators on it. In any case I just downloaded the 3.60 firmware update on sony's website. I believe I can update using that file right? If that's the case I'll just wait until there's either something better than the PSP eCFW or a way to install PSP eCFW using Henkaku.

I feel really tempted to just update and abandon ARK to wait for ePSP CFW for henkaku. This will have better long term support, I believe.

Is PQube having issues getting them to stock for it or something? Though considering the Japanese version readily comes up when you search for the game (as do a number of lewd figures and daki covers) I'm left wondering if that's even plausible.

P I R A C Y W H E N ?

GAS THE MORALFAGS

speaking of moralfaggotry

Sales when

You can access all of the Vita's mountpoints, but the Shell only shows three. You can either edit and recompile the shell, or just start the FTP server and manually enter the target route you want, e.g. gro0

However, do take note that files from applications, both in carts and digital copies, are all encrypted. There is a way to get the clear versions but I'm not sure what it entails.

Also, dumps of Vita games are floating around the net, so I'm guessing these will start showing up even more thanks to HENkaku.
Vitadevwiki has data regarding formats and whatnot, it could be useful: vitadevwiki.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

You'd think that sex refers to actual sex acts being shown/referenced but EV doesn't have anything more than groping, so who knows?

same

hopefully soon. A SNES one that doesn't sound like shit would be nice too.

Why not just get a PSP? they are dirt cheap

Vita general OP is very lacking, should we just copy/paste the OP from 4/vg/ thread? Is there any new games coming? I havent heard anything about UPPERS getting a western release

because that's just more money i'll wind up spending. Meanwhile, I already have a Vita.

For what purpose? That shit's long as fuck, and then they'd just whine that we "stole" their OP. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to put one together though, especially with Henkaku out now. I don't have links or anything for the PSP exploits though. I'm sure it'd help some if I actually remembered to put the Vita chart in the OP post every now and again

OLED is nice, feels better to hold, better analog stick.

Fuck 'em.

Just take links from the other thread

I just checked the cancer that is 4/vg/ earlier and vitagen are being moralfags and "feuding" with /hbg/ right now.

Haven't gone back to halfchan in a long time; we talking mild debate, or are they full on invading and shitting up each other's generals? Either way, I hope they keep it to there and don't spill over to here with possible "refugees."

Still debating on how to best handle trying to work that into more of a "recommendation" image, considering that at the moment it's pretty much just what all's available on the system. Just seems like there's a fair amount of variables, especially considering that a good amount of games are sadly PSN only out here and don't have proper English box art to use (pretty much everything I've tried making stuff for before has been more or less mostly physical).

Also, they can't even get some stuff right. They've got BoF III PSP listed as Breath of Fire II there.

Actually nevermind about that last part; the "III" is there, it just gets squashed to what looks like a II trying to open it in-post, as opposed to full size in a separate tab.

Nobody is invading anything. The autists in cuck/vitageneral/ just throw a giant fit anytime anyone mentions anything homebrew related. They are major Sony whiteknights it's not even funny.

Are still posting links to places like neofag like it's a reputable place (admittedly devs do seem to like using that site to discuss/shill games, but the way dissent is bannable doesn't make it a good site)?

Anyhow, I suppose maybe anons here are more inclined toward (or at least accepting of) piracy as an option, and there's certainly a sense of being disgruntled with various decisions Sony and other companies make (in particular for the Vita, memory card prices, backing up saves, and acting as if the system is dead), as opposed to general defense. Though maybe since a lot of posters came over here during various exoduses, newer posters have filled in from less desirable places (not that Holla Forums's been free of that, what with Wheels having encouraged reddit to come).

Yes, crack it wide open.

This is a paperweight to me, sony will make money if it gets cracked.
when the fuck are emulators going to work fine. They're poorly optimized right now.

Piracy made the psp, an otherwise shitty console with extremely shitty native games and ps1 re-releases that had to be paid in full for even if one had already purchased them before into the best portable in history.
I don't even have to exaggerate.

The VITA is multiple times worse because of the problems you mention. Piracy is not only the only thing capable of making the console relevant, but it's the only thing that can MAYBE save it from being a shitty tablet and the worst mobile console to ever disgrace the planet. (And this is from someone with a collection of 17 Wonderswans)

To be fair, there's enough trolling and derailment going on in our Vita threads as it is. Ruffling even more feathers - when it could be entirely avoided - doesn't seem like a step in the right direction.

I think it's because a recommendations image from a general should probably come from consensus. You might know your own tastes, but an image that's technically representative of an entire vitagen's tastes might be harder to take responsibility for.

Also, I don't think there are obvious choices for the Vita that would be considered system sellers. The PS4 was equally treated as a NoGamesStation on Holla Forums until BloodBorne came about. Many anons that openly dismissed the PS4 suddenly bought one just to play this one game that they felt was going to be great; all the other games that were of acceptable quality (usually "weeb" games) were just bonuses to these anons.

The Vita needs a game of BloodBorne's level of hype and mainstream appeal to produce that effect. I'm serious when I say that hype, justified or not, is a large driving factor when it comes to singling out games as system sellers for general recommendation. The Vita already has a reputation as a niche machine, so the people who gravitate towards it already assume niche tastes. Even if a game were recommendable by the standards of its genre, when that genre itself is niche then it's not a game for general recommendation.

I recall another user, the one making the Shadow Hearts chart and also a new PSP chart I think, said it would be best to use in-game screenshots of gameplay so that whoever is browsing the image can better decide if the game will play well for them or not.

Dusted off my Vita after a long while of not touching it due to work.
Finished Odin Sphere Leifthrasir. Liked it a lot, but it left me wishing its story was as dense as the one in Baldr Force/Sky.
Though, I guess it wouldn't click with people who don't read VNs.
Ys 8. Enjoyed every other Ys game I played and hearing really good things about this one.
Considering importing the above, but not sure if my finances allow it.
Will likely do it after my next payment.

Also, I want to fuck Vita-chan.

True, that's how I try to do things by going off of what other anons what want on things like this as opposed to just myself, though I suppose there's a few on any system that ought to be no brainers. And I agree that with the Vita, there's likely a fair amount of games that might be love it or hate it, or maybe just hit or miss depending on the player.

I meant trying to think of how best to handle it on a technical level; what all information needs to be put on there (not just name or genre, but physical and/or digital, regions, whether it has actually worthwhile DLC, etc) and how best to display it all without taking up a lot of room.

That was me. If memory serves, I'd said something like "I see why they opted for ingame screenshots as opposed to box art," but I've generally worked with box art of some form for these sort of things, which I think might be helpful for anons actually looking for actual copies of stuff for various systems (being able to associate a name with a cover easily). Just been trying to decide what the best route to go would be as an image rep: ingame screenshot like the old one, physical cover images (which leave the issue of some games perhaps only having a Japanese physical to use for them; I suppose some indie games, if any should be put on, may not have actual covers at all), official art, or maybe just something like the corner images the PSN store pages for various games use (pic related being the one used for Muramasa Rebirth's page).

I suspected as much, but couldn't be sure.

Yeah, and that's what makes you trustworthy as a chartanon along with how reliable you are. You know how there are fags that just shove some random tier list without justification in every opportunity they get? Yeah, you don't generally give off that vibe.

I'm thinking of that Objective Youtuber Tier List from a few months. God, that was annoying.

You're more knowledgeable about this than I am. The general approach, I guess, would be just to create content without regard for space or editing or readabilty. After you've written all you can about all the games you wish to give attention to, only then do you select the most important parts, cut out the excess, and edit as appropriate. It would lead to a lot of wasted effort on your part, but it is the most reliable method of productivity in that at least you'd be sure to produce something. Assuming that that's what you're already doing, then it's just a matter of editing it properly - and this is something that other anons can help you with directly.

Perhaps one of the biggest factor when it comes to selecting a new video game would be budget allocation. An user in these threads once stated a rule of thumb that there must be five video games that you must want to play before you commit to buying a console. If we take that rule and convert it to its monetary equivalent, where a brand new Vita games costs 40 USD each, then that leaves with an assumed budget of 200 USD. From there, it's just a matter of finding games you would want to fit under that assumed budget - factoring in general used prices, markdowns, worthwhile DLC, Atlus tax, etc.

That's a pretty good reason. Normally I'd just pick out a game or two from these charts and then go out to buy just that one game - only after I've bought that game would I go back to the chart to pick out a new one to buy. It didn't occur to me that maybe library completionists or anons simply browsing Vita store shelves, who have to keep a large list of recommendations in mind, would probably benefit from familiarizing themselves with boxart.

Assuming that space isn't an issue in the chart because you've limited the number of games you want to recommend, then it would actually be possible for you to include both box-art and in-game screenshots.

Alright I am looking for an emulation handheld. Is the Vita viable for that? The PSP is good for a lot but it lacks in the hardware department making it kind of a hit or a miss for a lot of games.

So did some homebrew freeze my shit? Is there a force reset option? If not, I'm taking this thing apart and ripping out the battery.

GUYS. THE GBA/SNES/GENESIS GAMES LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL ON THE VITA
TOO BAD THEY RUN LIKE SHIT

Where are guys getting these? It's turning me on. Also, Oreshika is fucking confusing. Who should I fuck and can I have a monogamous relationship till the end? I like having three lolis doing questionable things to my nether regions

Right now the Vita is running more or less the exact same emulators as the PSP.

I haven't had much trouble running games. Yoshi's Island runs like ass, but that's just about always been the case. Shame, since it's great. I'm hoping HENkaku revitalizes the homebrew scene, and someone improves the emulator.

What game are you trying to run?

pixiv.net/member.php?id=4325914

You sound ridiculous.

The trolling is pretty easily spotted and handled, and derailment, at least from what I've noticed, hasn't been all that serious. The thread is usually pretty slow, so having it pick up a bit due to derailment doesn't seem that bad. That being said, I doubt anyone from 4chan is going to bother coming here and causing problems due to a copied OP. Most of their OP is just news, anyhow.

You wouldn't have to copy it 1:1. Heck, if you want, just include some news websites and wololo or something.

If you want to do regions, you can just go by category. I don't think DLC info is significant enough to include on a recommendation macro or post.

Hahahaha!!! Yoshi's Island.
I'll try another game.

The GBA also are fucked to hell

Well, with the Vita, there's sadly not all that much focus from stores around here (at least where I live) to stock for it, Gamestop aside. Still, I think it's generally useful for stuff like this to use covers of some sort if someone's out, sees a cover that looks familiar, and both it and the name help ring a bell as something that they've heard good stuff about.

That's what I've done with various systems when I'm looking. I may not have a direct game in mind that I'm searching for when at stores, but rather a smattering of ones I recall having heard good stuff about that I might want to pick up if I see them on the cheap. Hell, sometimes that's prompted me to go for whole series in the end I might have kept putting off, where ones I've seen fans consider one or more games as being really good, must-play entries that are otherwise too expensive to pick up at average prices, and finding those ones cheap prompts me to go looking for more (if not the rest entirely). I digress though. I suppose that a lot of anons around here just pirate shit where possible (though the Vita's not quite at that stage yet), so maybe it's not as useful as I'd like to think to try to keep things to cover image. Certainly more interesting on the eye to have images than a text-only list, though.

Ultimately I have up to 8 MB or so of filesize to work with, within the image dimension limits too, of course, so there is a ceiling of sorts for an actual image to still have it postable and in decent quality. But that's still a good amount of room to work with (considering how many games the PS2 image has, plus the notes section, and all of it being above 80% image quality to fit under 8 MB). Now, if I were doing these in HTML and CSS, dimension and filesize constraints wouldn't be nearly as big an issue (building a page that could be linked instead and could feature more information as needed than I can readily get into a jpg or png), but that would require paying for domain and hosting, or using a hosting service that, while perhaps free, essentially takes ownership of what they host. Meanwhile I don't have to pay to have Holla Forums host an image while a thread's up, and can repost as needed.

Anyhow, I'll fiddle with some ideas later for how to display information about each game without perhaps needing to take up all that much room (need to get some sleep first), and maybe post samples of what I can come up with in regards to it tonight.

True. Ideally, US and PAL areas would both see the same releases so one could perhaps divide it up into "Western Release" and "Japan only," but not everywhere gets everything, and even among PAL countries there's the issue of Australia barring various games from getting a native release there (though, does something like MeiQ being barred mean it can't even get on the Australian PSN either?).

As for DLC, maybe just mention games with notable ones as a note then (for example, Genroku Legends for Muramasa Rebirth)?

WHY IS THIS THING SO HARD TO OPEN? LIKE, FUCK.

Also, don't open your Vita from the bottom. There's at least 2 connections that you don't want to accidentally break. BUT SERIOUSLY, FUCKING OPEN. SHIT.

WHOOPS. Well, now I know. Popped right off afterward.

What's the deal with Mokou and the chink text

Yeah, so something fucked up last night.

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?

And I now remember that my memory card is not inserted. Be careful with Bourbon, folks.

I have to agree there. We could make the OP have the exploit links at least though, and maybe that release list for IPPSV. I'll draft something and post it in a few hours, see if you guys like it and we can tailor it from there.

Oh, well that's good

My copy of Gundam Breaker 3 arrived yesterday, though I got back home a bit late to open it.

I'm almost at the point where I have more physical imports than NA physical games.

That's natural, there's not much point in buying NA versions.

I'll be honest, the main reason I've been importing so much lately is because I get review copies of most of the new shit that comes out nowadays. I got Shiren and ZTD review copies, and I'm getting Cold Steel II when that hits as well.

Yeah, about the only reason to play games in English is to review them for how bad the localization effect is on them, and if you're doing that in an official capacity, there's no need to shell out money for it either.

Q: Can I still get Genroku Legends (元禄怪奇譚 Genroku Kaikitan DLC from Japan?
If not, this buy is almost worthless.

What do you mean? The DLC got localized.

Hold Power for 25 secs or so. That should trigger a full emergency reboot.

Why would a localization matter?

Well he bought the US version, I don't really understand why he would try to buy the Jap version of the DLC if he bought the US version of the base game.

Ah, didn't catch that bit. Though at that price that seems silly, you can get the game with all the DLC in proper Japanese for cheaper than that.

HNNNNNG

Tfw you made that pic and some one else liked it enough to save it.

That one too

This make me happy

Recommended games?

see

You think any of theses will go on sale soon or should I just bite the bullet and go for it?

So how about something like this then?

{
"Example OP" Edition

WHATCHA
And most importantly, are you still having fun?

LINKS
Upcoming Games: iplaypsvita.com/upcoming-ps-vita-games-2016/

Henkaku Homebrew: henkaku.xyz/

Rejuvenate Homebrew: wololo.net/rejuvenate-ps-vita/

ARK PSP Emu CFW: wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/7871

TN-V CFW: wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/7672
}

Anything you guys want to add to it? Or maybe change some links or something?

I like these

I would say wait for a sale, but you never really know what will or won't go on sale. I feel like Breach and Clear would eventually go on sale, I know i've seen it on sale in the past. I don't recall seeing Damascus Gear on sale before, that's just me though.

I'm pretty sure it's obvious by now, but in case you guys haven't heard, Ys VIII is fucking fantastic.

Modding a Vita sounds like a pain in the ass right now, fuck that.

You literally just go on a website, and then transfer homebrew over FTP.

If using FTP protocol sounds like a pain in the ass you are mentally deficient.

But anons seem to be getting a lot of issues right now, I wanna wait and see it get easier and better for a retard like me. I want it getting Wii/PSP levels of easy

Can you play games for free on the Vita yet or is the homebrew community just ded

The homebrew community is as alive as it has ever been. Wait a few days and we'll probably have piracy though honestly I think that's gonna kill localizations, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

Fuck em. Localizations are cancer anyways and pandering to normalfags is casting pearls before swine. Let the weeb games remain locked behind their cloak of obscurity. Let the normalfags pass by without making a sound, so that they will not corrode and consume everything you love in torrent of human excrement and shrieking.

Also nobody but weebs want to play anime girl games, so there's really no reason to localize anyways.

That's too rational! If western publishers actually believed that then they wouldn't be trying to localize ecchi games and remove all the ecchi so they can market it to children!

You're already dead, and this is hell.

Buyer here: I genuinely thought it was the Japanese version. Hopefully it works on that Vita I assume is English, and I can get yhe English DLC after so long.

Where at? Recall this is the limited edition one, only reason I paid 69 for

Hope you have the original model Vita that casing's for. But if you're asking if you can use the DLC from the JP PSN with a US game, I don't think it works like that. Only times out of region DLC seems to work (from what I've heard) is with occasional Asia/Pacific releases that for whatever reason sync up with the US or PAL PSN. I could be wrong though.

Gal*Gun got the best misprint ever

Fucking beautiful.

It absolutely is. Nothing good comes from localizations.

On Amazon it's going for 4650 for the entire package. That said, I don't think there WAS a limited edition for it, Vanillaware usually doesn't make those kinds of things.

Didn't that actually get an M rating? Still, the notion of "Sexual content rated as being for Everyone" is pretty funny. Still, I suppose it's just a misprint and not a case like Shadow Hearts: Covenant was, where it actually got a lower rating than it should have (even without blood and gore, that game should NOT have been T-rated).

Going to be funny if misprint copies wind up at used game shops one day and some kid/teen buys it and gets introduced to the world of yuri from it.

that's fucking great.

Yeah it's rated M, it's just the back is misprinted to E on the Rice Digital & VideoGamesPlus copies

twitter.com/Wario64/status/759797821708967937

I know I'm a broken record at this point, but I really love the dialogue options in Ys VIII.

I might've fudged the translation of the last line a little, but you get the picture.

Someone post this on the NISA forums :^)

How so?
How more so?

twitter.com/CensoredGaming_/status/759552017396359168
They're too busy trying to defend removing nipple bumps from characters when Xseed manage to get them on SK2's US cover without any problem.

They going to have to do a recall (going from M to E is a pretty big difference) or does everyone just find it funny to leave as is?

Although going off the images in that twitter it seems to only be the back of the case with the misprinted rating. Still, how did they not catch that before shipping out?

I guess we'll find out soon:
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/muramasa-rebirth-genroku-legends-collection/cid=UP1024-PCSE00240_00-B000000000000855

It's only on the Rice Digital & VideoGamesPlus copies, so the misprinted ones aren't gonna be on any store shelves outside of VGP's Mississauga and Toronto stores. So there isn't much of an issue.

The only ones I would even want to see localizations from anymore are PQube and XSEED. Fatlus sucks dick, they can take their Atlus Tax and shove it where the sun doesn't shine; and Aksys is pretty lame recently too. That being said, i'm more excited at the prospect of being able to possibly uncensor Criminal Girls or just have an english language patch for the jap versions of both, same for just about any other game is possible I suppose now.

That's already been blasted out of the water though, thanks to PQube. Not a day goes by that I hope and pray NISA goes bankrupt and has to shut its doors.

Aww man, I want homebrew and stuff, but publishers aren't gonna take a risk on a lot of these games anymore. I guess there's a chance NX turns out decent for new handheld stuff.

Fine by me, they're nothing more than cancer.

It'll be just like the old days when the 1968 Planet of the Apes movie and Gone with the Wind got a G rating even today it'd be quite different

Well when you dug yourself into a hole, the only thing you can do is keep digging deeper.

Because widespread piracy totally killed the DS, PSP, or 3DS… oh wait, no it didn't, because each still continued to get varied and healthy libraries for some time to come afterward. Hell, the PSP is STILL getting games.

They really did. Really really did.

Ebay 25~$ bra

You're honestly delusional if you don't think the PSP's piracy rate affected how many games came out for it near the end. If you like piracy, good for you, but don't pretend like it doesn't have an impact on a system's lifespan.

I agree.

People should support the games they REALLY like and don't support the ones they dislike.

I bought Kirby: Planet Robobot because I really, REALLY liked it.

I only have that game and smash bros.

I think we need to see a source instead of name calling. Evidence, proof, you know. Facts.

If you don't see the difference between the install base and everything you're crazy. A lot of publishers already won't give me physical versions and when broke weebs can just pirate a digital version who's gonna pay for it?

I just searched on eBay, they're selling a used copy of the The Best reprint for 3999, so nah.

I'm not saying it had a complete zero effect, I'm saying it's not nearly as big as people like to claim. The PSP was busted open for years, yet stuff continued to pour out for it because thanks to Monster Hunter, the PSP audience was huge and most of them still bought games. Hell, even if only 10% of handheld owners bought games and the rest purely pirated they'd still be a more profitable market than the home consoles due to the sheer number of owners.

This. I'm a buyfag like crazy for games I like, I just pirate for the convenience Robobo Planet was the best Kirby game in years

Physical versions for what games?

I don't do that, I know you'll probably buy your niche games even if there's piracy available, but you can't deny that lots of people will just pirate the game.

Sony doesn't deserve mercy after killing the Vita in the west, having overpriced memory cards and stuff, but I'll still buy games I really care about being made (Shantae Half Genie Hero, Bunny must Die, for example) so I can vote with muh wallet

I'm not doubting that happens, I'm saying there needs to be something concrete showing it's a wide spread issue.

Tons of things here, pretty much every KT game, Caligula which I was really looking forward to, Namco isn't even giving the new SAO game a physical copy. It's fucking rediculous. SE Asia is like my only hope for many games in English physically.

I really hope Atlus lets Limited Run Games push out physical copies.

Caligula had a physical release, and most Koei Tecmo games (assuming that's what you mean) have gotten them too. Not sure what SAO is so can't speak on that.

Me too. It feels pretty foreboding that they're going the digital route with it.

In Japan and China. I don't know how to read that shit. That would cost me way more too.

It all comes down to what game ID that release has. Hearts R US version's ID is PCSE00429. The JP version has a different ID, so the DLC isn't cross-region compatible.
On the other hand, the EU version of Cybersleuth and the Asian version appear to have the same IDs, so it works.

If you're talking about foreignization, can't speak on those. All I can tell you is that piracy doesn't really affect games getting made or not on the handhelds, since the install base is too mindblowingly huge compared to the other platforms to really be that big a deal.

You're talking to an absolutist who only acknowledges the existence of Japanese versions of games. You're not going to get anywhere by talking to him.

The discussion was on whether or not piracy affects games getting made, foreignizations have nothing to do with that.

Oh okay, I was actually worried about my region. That's great for other people, but I'll just drift off to somewhere else or something, I guess.

Look mate, the discussion was on whether or not games being made for the PSP/DS/3DS/Vita were heavily affected or not by the widespread availability of piracy, not whether every foreign market decides to localize them or not. Maybe piracy affects foreignizations, I don't bother keeping up with those, but I can tell you for a fact the games are still getting made.

I forget that there's people here in different situations. When I was here all the time it was usually just people talking about English news and stuff.

Are you talking about the Japanese one?
ebay.com/itm/PSV-PS-VITA-MURAMASA-REBIRTH-Sealed-US-version-/151768607672

Even on Amazon, you can get a new copy of the US version of the game for $21, and then the DLC is $15.

Or do what I do: get pirated version, send cash, money order, or wire directly to studio, not the publisher

Well yeah, why would you play a foreign version? Besides, that one you linked adds another 2000 in shipping anyway, so it's kind of a moot point.

Have you got Ys VIII yet? It's easily the best game in the series, so far.

I picked it up to make sure I got the collector's, but I'm kind of behind on Ys as a whole, been trying to either figure out PC-88 emulation or find a working machine so I can play Wanderers right now - I compromised and played the PSP release for the original two since the gameplay was the same just with the higher difficulty setting added, but near as I can tell every other release of "Ys 3" is too different. Most of what little game time I've had lately has gone to Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain on my Vita, or Monster Hunter X on my 3DS, though Sekaiju no MeiQ 5 this week may dethrone the latter.

With the PSP I think it could readily be argued that it did do a number on localization potential due to lessened sales.

I suppose it depends on how easy it winds up being in the end with the Vita, and whether games still manage to see the same sales figures as before.

That's what I do as well, using emulation as a try-it-out idea for older games, and if I enjoy them, then I make a note to look out for an actual copy if I can find one cheap and in good condition. Though I suppose with older stuff unless you're buying a digital rerelease, the devs don't see any of the money (and even then it might be iffy, if the developers aren't already bankrupt). I just like having copies of games I enjoy, provided I'm not paying scalper tier prices on stuff (part of why I haven't bothered to get SNES games at this point).

He means for the upcoming English release of Caligula, where Atlus apparently doesn't think it's worth it to do a physical release for a new, standalone IP like it in the west.

While there's certainly benefits to systems having online capabilities (multiplayer, rereleases of older games, etc), far too many companies seem to abuse it to avoid the cost of a physical release, even companies where money to do so likely isn't lacking.

Yeah, alright.

Based on what?

I want to exploit Vita-tan's hairy, unwashed security holes.

K. How much is the limited edition?

Shipping on Amazon is free?

Based on what references?

Is that the best Vita-chan knock off you can find?

Can't say one way or the other on that, I'm arguing purely on whether games get made or not, not whether foreign markets decide to rewrite them and sell them abroad.

So, again, just for foreign markets.

Online connectivity has been anathema for gaming for the most part, the only good thing you've mentioned is rereleases, but it's not like those didn't exist prior to online connectivity. I personally can't think of anything good to have come out of making video game machines connect to the Internet directly.

I think so? I have them do "pay on delivery" with Kuroneko, so I pay the 324 handling fee for that, but other than that there's no extra costs, just the cost of the games.

The collector's edition seems to cost more on Amazon than the one you're currently ordering, so you should just stick with the one you're already getting.

Well, you can look at various series that saw multiple PSP entries in Japan, but one or more of the later ones didn't come west. Like how we saw Persona 2: Innocent Sin for the PSP, but not the PSP version of Eternal Punishment. Or how the west saw Valkyria Chronicles II but not VC III. Also a good amount of late release PSP games that didn't even see digital-only releases here for use with the PSP or the Vita.

I suppose I'm not exactly up to date though on when the PSP got really pirate friendly though, and it still has a fair amount of stuff that did come into English. Just that there's also an amount that didn't and have had to see fan translations in various stages of competition (though I guess that's the case with any system, aside from maybe the Xbox line as those generally aren't popular in Japan), if even that. I could be wrong as to why some of those were left overseas, but the PSP did get a reputation as a very pirate friendly system, and it wouldn't shock me if it made some companies leery of bringing stuff over for it towards the end, when relatively few people might actually buy the games at that point and the rest would just wait for a download to pirate. And glancing at release dates and regions stuff came out in on Wikipedia, it seems as if somewhere in 2010 or 2011 (which as far as I'm aware was before the Vita hit the west, so the PSP would have technically still been current here), western releases became far less frequent, compared to it continuing to see games in Japan up through early 2015 (at an admittedly smaller rate as time went on).

I'm still waiting on NDX and Sol Trigger to be fan translated, though at least Absolute Zero posts monthly progress updates on the former. Meanwhile the guy doing the latter hasn't posted anything since January about the game (and has admitted in the past to being quite lazy about doing so).

Someone post more Vita-tan, this .png is all I have.

If I want to start on Ys, are the first two the best entry point?

I strongly recommend the original Ys games, as they are a blast. The PSP version keeps the gameplay the same and allows you to listen to the proper PC-88 soundtrack, although you're stuck with the modernized graphics unfortunately. It gives a super hard mode as well though, so that balances out.

The first two games are good but they play completely different from the rest of the series.

Who would ever write such a cancerous thing?

It was the only Ys chart I could find in my unsorted picture folder, it just used it because it gives a short run down of the gameplay in each game.

Continue.

store.playstation.com/#!/en-my/games/aw-phoenix-festa/cid=EP0700-PCSB00960_00-ASIA000000000000
Anybody know what kind of game this is? look like action game with dating element to it, how come I never see anyone mention, I thought you vitafag love waifu games

Watcht the animes and you will understand.

It is essentially Trillion with real time combat and dating sim shit.

Its probably more enjoyable if you actually read the ln its based on.

Right, not blaming you for it, just saying.

Is it good? I watch the trailer and it looks kinda similar to Akiba's Trip. I enjoy Akiba but its kinda short, anybody here play A.W?

There's this as one as well, but I don't think it's been updated since Celceta released.

The LN is shit ans so is the adaptation. At least the adaptation has actions scenes you can see. Also they spoil the fuck out of the story in the promo pics for the game.

I haven't played Akiba's Trip But A.W…. is ok.. its competent at what it does but it is very much focused on it's own world and probably not enjoyable if you aren't familiar with the story already.

WHO'S NEXT? DONT BE A FOOL
HYPERACTIVE FIGHTING STYLE SO SLICK IT'LL MAKE YOU DROOL

Motherfucker. Though I suppose maybe that should be expected of a game that had a limited western physical release compared to how available most retail releases might be for people to scan covers of. Maybe I will have to rethink things if it's going to be hard to find various cover arts.

This?

If you are interested in art
danbooru.donmai.us/posts?utf8=✓&tags=atelier_escha_&_logy &ms=1

That not the official English cover (with vita banner, ESRB, logos, title positioning, etc), thought it is a variant of the same background for it with different spacing/cropping, Was more looking for this, but without the glare to the upper right. Plenty of Japanese scans/uploads around, but from what I can see, just this one in English.

I will say that while I also had similar trouble finding a good upload of the English art for Ar Nosurge Plus (another game with a limited physical English print), I did manage to find this one after a while.

Still, if some games are going to present a challenge like this to find good covers for, maybe I should go for just a general official art or screenshot route.

Anyone read or exprerienced buying-importing from these guys?:
superufo.com/pp/category.asp?category_id={5534EF0B-3118-43E6-A75E-025A562A54A0}

Also, what's a good price point for the memory cards?
On Ebay, 64GBs are around 100~$, thus: 100$÷64GB=1.5625$/GB
13~$÷4GB=3.25$/GB

Cross comparing, hate doing this manually.

ebay.com/itm/351793859058
Oh man, I am going to have fun with this. I wonder if the DLC is decided on the Vita, or the game's base.
bought those, and on Cart a Battery, assuming the capacitors are dead.

oi, are there repos of the list? I ask, cause we can make all that into a nice XML or JSON, CSV, PS, DjVU

So can i pirate vita games already or not yet?

Videogames are an expensive thing in my 3rd world and only by pirating can i get away with playing most stuff

Might be able to very soon.

tbph, move to a 1st world, so you don't have to live so horribly

"No piracy yet, but possibly soon." should be redtexted in the next OP.

twitter.com/MajorTomVita/status/760055291572617216

OH FUCK

Sorry, I went to sleep here is the rest

g.e-hentai.org/g/490745/93360daeb3/

fuck

Proof of Concept demo. So far confirmed file editing confirmed. Demo showed a video replacement load instead.

What's with the sound shit? Is Sony using the sound chip to encrypt and decrypt files, not is the encoding not supported?

Encryption of game data bypassable on 3.60.

Undubs and translations incoming, oh fuck yes.

None that I know of I just pick these up whenever 4/vg/ makes them, which they do about once every two or three months.

Sure thing.

So how long before Sony updates the Vita firmware?

Lol, no. You're SOL for anything but indies when it comes to Limited Run games.

I'd hazard a guess and say at least about three or four days from now. That's just my guess. There's no doubt they've caught wind of it by now.

I forgot, does the Vita automatically download firmware updates? And if so, is there a way to stop that?

no, it doesn't. It tells you when there's an update (because you won't be able to update your games or connect to the store), but it doesn't automatically download it.

Oh, that makes it easier.

I have a Vita and a Vita TV, so I'll just leave one on 3.60 for homebrew, and update the other.

If you dig through their forums they are almost signed off on an agreement to do the first three Atelier vita games.

It's a toggle under System -> Auto-Start Settings.

Does Gal Gun have any notable DLC?

Don't forget the PS Vita Section of the Playstation Hacking guide.
hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/DEVICE_PSVITA.html

Let's make one: gitgud.io
I am at work, but upload all that you have. If we get Vita piracy now, we can be the first of firsts to make IPFS links for each game we dump.

HOLY SHIT user, CLEAN THAT LINK!

I don't know why when I copy&pasted the link it went from moon to gibberish, I just don't care enough to fix it.

I don't know how to git , but I made an account and started a project titled 8/v/ Vita. Should I make it Public or Internal?

Public if you want anyone in the thread to be able to read/contribute, internal if you only want people with gitgud accounts to see it. I run a repo for a general on another board and I just have it on public, with a few other people given commit access

ah okay, well, here's the project link then.
gitgud.io/Astromancer/EIGHTvVita

I have no clue what I'm doing on this, since i'm not at all familiar with gitgud.io or github or any other gits. So just say-so if you need me to do something in particular for the project or in the settings or something.

I've been hooked on the latest Shiren and am wondering if anyone has tips on the expert minesweeper mini game? My adventure count is up to 245 because of this shit.

Yes.

Just got to the area where this song plays in Ys VIII. Did I say I fucking love this game?

Soon my old friend soon. doesn't hurt that I've been having a hankerin to play soul sac delta again.

Well, what I did was I set up a project group so I could host multiple repositories under the same theme with different specific topics. That way it's not directly attached to my username and it lets you have separate repositories for thread archives, content, and resources.
If you're just archiving links to useful stuff, make a readme.md in the project root and put the links in that, so it shows up in the readme area when someone views the project files. You could also put them in the project wiki, but that takes a few extra clicks to get to from the main project page.

ah okay, I see.

eh, i don't really care. I only use Astromancer for my PSN anyway. Anyone I've played with here already knows my PSN. I used a throwaway email too of course. But okay, i'll get on that readme thing

Okay, got shit rolling now. Here's the gitgud.io group for Vita Threads, CFW/HB, etc. Sorry I'm retarded, I think I'm getting the hang of this now at least.

gitgud.io/groups/InfinityVita

I guess this means we'll start archiving threads?

Hope someone gets cracking on fan translating Tales of Innocence R. Also might be nice if Kajitani's still pissed off enough at Namco that he could possibly make an unfuck patch for Tales of Hearts R.

Hoping for this too, but usually Tales game have a crapton of strings in the binary, which is still encrypted and we can't resign it.
Vesperia had most of the strings in a string.svo file, so with proper examination of resources it might be possible to get some partial translating going on.

I suppose Tales in general is popular enough these days that someone's bound to do something eventually, though admittedly there's still games with unfinished translations in the works to various degrees (whether actively being worked on like ToD DC, ToPX, and NDX, or who-knows-what-the-fuck's-going-on-with-it-now like the Destiny 2 and Rebirth patches).

Wonder if that guy that did the video translation series for Ciel Nosurge has said anything as to if he'd be willing to help make a patch if the option ever arose.

Considering that Mr.Gas was able to replace a video for PSASBR, we know that audio and video resource edits are pretty much confirmed.
For the time being, this means undubs. P4 Golden and Dancing all night undubs, here we go. I'm gonna start digging on this.

Just checked the file structure. P4G has a lone 1.9 GB .cpk package for pretty much anything that is not a FMV sequence (those are in a movie folder).
I think undubbing this should be relatively easy, tools for .cpk are available.

Correction, that was MajorTom. Mr.Gas managed to modify savedata.

It sounds awesome.

I started with the Ys games recently (with I & II on the PSP), and it's nice to know that the music has been always excellent

Somebody didn't play Celceta.

Undubs seem interesting. I don't have any game in mind, though. Kind of wondering if I could possibly get uncensored DT2 out of this.

Man, cant they allow a BIT of piracy?

I want to try Mahvel 3 portably

Undubs of P4G, Dancing All Night and Operation Abyss come to mind.

As for DT2, usually CGs are stored in their own section of the packages, so it's highly likely that it can be patched.
Criminal Girls would be a bit harder probably, since I'm pretty sure NISA messed up with the code itself and not just the resources - if changes exist in the main binary it's not going to work out.

Also, so far these kinds of edits are confirmed to be doable with both digital and physical versions. This also means that you'd need to own the game in some form in order to play it. (For stuff like DT2 uncensor or P4 undub you don't need both an english and japanese copy, only a copy of the version you're adding modded files to).
This sounds good IMO, because it doesn't outright break the protection and sales could increase positively - the Vita needs a jolt of life.

Mahvel 3 is thankfully available in physical form so you can still buy it. Can't say the same for digital only games such as Scott Pilgrim, or MvC2 HD.

Might depend on if the text associated with the CGs is a part of the code or the CG image in the scene itself. If it's the former, it would probably be easy enough to replace the CG with the original Japanese file and leave the script alone, but I know with some games, text is a part of an image used in certain scenes, and requires editing of the image for English (this can be why some fan translated take longer to get finished, or end up having text on images left as is.

Granted, I haven't played it yet, but I seem to recall hearing that one of the complaints about Ys V back in the day was that, due to being SFC only back then (as opposed to being also on a system with better audio output) suffered compared to how the earlier ones had releases on systems with redbook audio. Though I'm not sure just how much that audio complaint weighed in; I hear Ys V very nearly killed the series (with Ys VI being made eight years later).

I'm pretty sure that the text window and its contents are a separate element (after all, text appears letter by letter, RPG-style). The CGs should be completely separate so they should be replaceable.
As for the script, it could be an external file or part of the binary - if it's the latter it won't be modifiable. But still, I think the text of these scenes is spot on, it's just the CGs that were censored.

Yeah, I hadn't heard much in the way of complaints about the English script, but I do know that in some games out there, the background stills in certain scenes have the text as part of the image file itself. Sol Trigger for instance; the guy working on the translation had apparently been looking to bring someone else on to try to edit the old text out properly and insert the translated text (would probably be much easier if the text was just overlaid over the image, but it's a flattened file and they don't have access to the original backgrounds), as it wasn't simply part of the script itself, nor a separate file. I suppose it really depends on the game in question and how they handle things.

Granted, I haven't played DT2, but going by what you said about how the text itself appears, it sounds like the CG and text are indeed separate.

I can never find it physically, but the hunt continues until piracy happens I guess.

in the mean time, plenty o other games to finish on it still before I even go into homebrew

Yeah, just look at any gameplay video - the text appearing letter by letter pretty much confirms that it's not part of the image (if it was, that would be some sloppy design - you wouldn't be able to spellcheck the script!)

Used copies are available online, but it could get expensive if you're far away.

I'm having a weird issue copying stuff off my cart, probably related to filesize. All the other files copied correctly (that I can tell at least), but the base.psarc file isn't cooperating. I had a few attempts where I lost the connection and had to reboot my Vita/restart my FTP client, so I'd delete the partially downloaded file and start over fresh.
When it finally stayed connected long enough for me to download the whole file, it didn't stop at 100% and kept downloading something. I figured maybe it was just some weird thing with the transfer and it was probably getting padded with null or trash bytes or something. I figured there'd at least be some way to tell that the end of the file was reached. Looks like that's not the case. I just straight up have no idea what to do to ensure that I'm grabbing the complete, non-corrupted/trash-byte-full file.

Ideally in cases where the text is on the image itself, the spellchecking of the line/lines would be done prior to even putting it into photoshop or whatever is being used, and even then, the company would likely keep the original image file on hand as a backup. But yeah, without the original clean file, it can be pretty hard to edit an image just right to try to fake the blank version. I suppose it might be easier at low res though if it requires going pixel by pixel; compare, say, image editing for a GBA game to a PSP one.

Whoops, just realized something about the hex view which may or may not mean anything. The offset I jumped to was 1-based (the actual byte count of the original file), but I should've jumped to the zero-based offset, which would be the byte count minus one. The value at that byte is 0xEA which is rendering as an omega in the view panel. Would that mean that that's an EOF byte there, or am I just reaching?

Literally do not want any of those 3 games. I considered P4DAN, but the novelty wore off after about 3 youtube videos.

Luckily I bought the ones I wanted most. Well, most of them.

FTPing stuff from the carts directly isn't really useful since all the content is encrypted. We need to wait until Major_tom posts info on how to decrypt the content first.

Good point. However, I seriously doubt any high profile devs would do things this way. This kind of text edit in CGs is usually done as typesetting for stuff like signs or a document that is part of the CG itself.
I do not have DT2 so I cannot look into its data structure, but someone is probably already trying to uncensor it. We'll see once we have the tools to properly reinject the new data in the encrypted form that the Vita expects.

If the costumes are actually part of the game itself (betting on this) it might be possible to fool the game into unlocking them if the right license files can be built for it. Unlike the PS3 scene, there's no reactPSN equivalent yet, but it might be possible.

I hope someone backports henkaku to 3.15

That isn't an option . Unless Trump or shillary declare the borders free and i'd still have to somehow survive the deadly mexican cartels.
So thanks but no thanks.

in reply to

Valkyrie Drive is now up on US Amazon for orders. No images on the page yet though for whatever reason.

amazon.com/Valkyrie-Drive--Bhikkhuni--PlayStation-Vita/dp/B01JHQURLY/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1470125544&sr=8-10&keywords=valkyrie Drive

Just figured I'd mention it here

Maybe they wont put the images up? You realize children use Amazon right? What if they see it?!

But also, I just want to play my game, why is it going to take even longer? This sucks. On vacation right now and was hoping it would be at home waiting for me once I got back, but nope.

Link to current PS+ games or ongoing sales? Or just a list for the PS+ games.

Don't get me wrong, I don't buy shit localizations and would prefer a straight translation. But isn't it preferrable to demand better rather than being like "well I guess only the people who learned jap can play it"?

Here's a screencap of what all comes up when you even search Valkyrie Drive in general. Chances are people are going to be seeing far worse than specifically chosen preview images in just trying to find the page to order it from.

Admittedly it was a general search and not specifically vidya, but a good fourth or so of it isn't even VD related, and I'm honestly surprised some of these daki covers can be sold on the US Amazon. Unless it's alphabet list bait. And again, the one that simply has "No image" is the actual preorder for the western release.

Image spoilers because daki nudes.

Ideally companies would do a straight up translation and lave things as accurate as possible. And admittedly some companies do still do that. But a lot of them have left a sour taste in people's mouths as they've found out about various differences and changes that go on, even ones we may not have been all that aware of in the west before (such as someone recently discovering 8-4 had removed the entire female PC option for BKO, which was there for immersion as the player plays a spirit guiding the protagonists rather than as the protagonists themselves; it doesn't exactly effect me, as it essentially defaults to a male spirit, but now I'm not real sure I want to play it since I'm not real sure what else might have been done).

Better isn't going to happen though. Besides, when companies aim at the West, games tend to get shittier - prime example being Fire Emblem, which upon starting to design for Western audiences added a 10 stage forced tutorial in addition to giving out multiple and overpowered Lord characters, in addition to starting the player self-insertion bullshit that would then plague the latest installments. I'd rather devs develop their games assuming the West doesn't exist and just catering to their home audience - the Japs are far from perfect, but games catered to them are more likely to be challenging than games targeting foreigners.

No, because this isn't just about me and what I want. This is about the entire hobby. I can see the wheels turning. If normalfags – empty people – get their sticky hands on weeb games it's fucking OVER. They're so close too. The empty people are cumming in their pants over Pokemon Go, more and more of them are getting into Japanese games and franchises that exist on the fringe outskirts of the weebosphere like Dark Souls and Monster Hunter.

We are one step away from them tipping over the edge and getting into anime and weeb games. The anime artstyle will no longer protect you from them. The fanservice will only be censored harder to please them. The era of Japanese audio will end and we will regress to the bad-old-days of 100% dubs with no dual audio across the industry.

Our only hope is a wall. Our wall will be the Japanese language barrier.

Stop.

I'd say that ending English localizations would be more akin to clipping an ingrown nail than amputating an arm, myself

Oh yeah, my comment was more sarcasm than anything else. It is funny that Amazon has those daki up though.
I do really want that Tokonome figure….

I dont think we are that drastic. I mean yes, Pokemon Go got big, but it is dropping now. The first week you could see tons of people out playing. But it has really dwindled off now. It really had been just a fad for normalfags.
Same with anime, whenever something is flavour of the month you see it everywhere. One Punch was really big and everyone was talking about it, but those people arent going to actively look around for new shows to watch. Thats not how they work, they need someone to tell them what new show is good. They dont go out and search themselves.

How the hell do you pronounce MeiQ?

Like the month of "May" and the letter "Q" It's an Engrishy way to spell 迷宮, "meikyuu" or "labyrinth." They've used the same spelling for the Sekaiju no MeiQ series as well.

Now that i have henkaku, what can i do with it?
Piracy how & when bassically?

at the moment there is a prototype ds emulator on it although expect it to run game at around 5 - 10 fps if even run at all

The SNES emulator (the CATSFC one) works pretty well.

The absolute madmen did it.

What the fuck.

Uh oh, you might summon the Difficulty Autist user with those words.

Cloud be they haven't added all the sales yet. The summer sale while back didn't list the complete sale until the end of the day.

Who am I kidding, it's another week of nothing.

But they're largely casual as fuck.

I'm not sweating the costumes too much. There was only 1 costume that I wanted that I'm actually missing.

I think you're being paranoid, but what games would you even expect to become mainstream? As far as censorship goes, NISA will be NISA. I can't imagine Japan giving a fuck about content complaints.

eh, I already have a flashcart for my 3DS. How would that work on a Vita anyway?

What the fuck even IS that DLC? And why is it so fucking expensive?

Allow for usage of the touchscreen, and it becomes a lot simpler. DS resolution isn't very large. You could fit both screens in horizontally. I could see some games suffering from this, though.

The real problem is that we only have access to so much of the Vita's hardware. We need more RAM and core usage.

I guess I wait for a discount, then. Here's hoping physical copies are still available in the future.

Inconsistent framerate or NISA tier work?

Took me 4 to 5 minutes just to open the demo. Frame rate tanks at times, there's long loading screens(for fucking what?); it's a mess. I really like the artstyle, though. Characters look great.

Vita version is sadly full of long loading times. The Japanese call it 'Double Loading'.

If you have a PS4, get the PS4 version of the game. It's way better.

Hmm, maybe I should have ordered the PS4 version instead. Oh well.

They won't.

Update already, faggot.

SEGA Genesis Games.

GBA is still mediocre.

Yeah, and I don't get it. These load times rival that of XCOM, which was actually a bad port. Frame rate doesn't even make any sense. What kind of shit job did they do? It's not even slightly optimized. Fun game, but it suffers performance-wise.

Damn son, have you played any Vita games from this year? Or do you just play PSP/PS1 games?

I would not trust Pqube entirely either. They are owned by rice digital and Rice digital in the past has talked about why censorship is good and how things need to adapt for America in the current year since japs are bigots or something. They also defended all the bullshit with fates and DOAX3. They kept their mouth shut with SMTxFE though if I remember right, but retweeted faggots who shat on those who did not like the censorship. Also the guy who translated the game is a massive polygon/kotaku faggot who randomly spergs out about why censorship is good.

What this whole thing says to me is that they are backpedaling since they lost business from those spergouts and then still want to talk shit with personal accounts.

Doesn't that only apply to 3DS games?

Sure but as long as they start translating properly and keep their faggot politics to their personal twitter accounts, who cares?

I know, but I am just warning people that we should compare the dialogue and also be suspicious. I mean, Aksys went from being hit or miss to complete garbage The current Aksys employees still sperg out about people criticizing their translations and the inserted memes into games along with cesnorship.

It's a simple pattern of behavior. You see companies testing the waters like this don't get your hopes up.

So Patapon 3 is "free" on PS+, is all the DLC permanently free or do I gotta grab them this month too?

It would probably be best to just pick them up now.

Yeah. Also remember that the people who own these companies are rarely the faggots who make the decisions to fuck everything up with SJW nonsense.

When they find out it's happening and costing their bottom line, they tell them to cut that shit out and do what the customers want. The problem is that it takes a while because the people who run the company day to day are like "Oh the games industry wants to get rid of problematic content now" and the shareholders go "Oh ok whatever you do your thing I'll cash the cheque" so it takes a while for it to get fixed.

okay Helldivers

They got the two versions

But near as I can tell all the DLC is free. So why should I pay 20bux more for one version over the other?

Just get the physical $20 PS4 version, it's the deluxe version/ie has all the DLC and has a download code for the Vita version, which will also come with all the DLC. I don't think there's another way to get the Vita version bundled with all the DLC

Thank you for making it, when I have free time, I'll guide you and post my gpg key, which you'll need both to know that my pulls are my pulls, regardless of which gitgud account I use.

Yesterday-Today has been a crazy day.

Thanks for answering on my behalf.

i've got the next thread ready to go, i'll post it just before I leave.

sure thing! I'm kind of looking forward to learning some of this stuff.

Git or Fossil are great DVCS that I've always recommended for all public, and private, localization groups, because all transactions are ACID, unlike Excel sheets via email and FTP. For massive public projects where more than one localization is required, I recommend Pootle. E.g. this is for the PCBSD project: translate.pcbsd.org/

For our cause, git is just fine.

Sorry for being a >>>Holla Forums sperg. Just the breach in the Vita OS, which is NetBSD based excites me enough!

What's NetBSD? Is it the architecture that the Vita's OS is built from? am I using that word right?

Don't be ashamed user. Thanks to Holla Forums spergs we have romhacks, translations and undubs

I thought it was FreeBSD, they used FreeBSD for the PS3 and PS4 as well.
doc.dl.playstation.net/doc/psvita-oss/freebsd.html

From what I understand the PS3 and PSVita are heavily modified whereas the PS4 is closer to the GENERIC branch. Although GENERIC PPC64 is actually closer with Sony pushing patches from the PS3 back to the POWER line.

new thread here lads:

Ideally with git, you can branch your projects. So if a client wants raw direct translation, you can make a branch for that. If the client wants a more formal localization, wherein expression and figures of speech are given the liberty to be closely emulated, it can be branched. The same to a more colloquial localization where liberty is allowed to make more free interpretations but emulate the goal of the author while making the localization read-sound natural to the target language.

Some of the top e.g.:
Original:
Hijo de gran pendejo, vete para la Porra.
Direct: Son of great lazy[ bum], go to the [Island of ]Porra.
Locale: Son of a dumbass, go to hell.
Liberty: Stupid ass, go to hell.

Taking about:

netbsd.org/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NetBSD
doc.dl.playstation.net/doc/psvita-oss/ yes
^. Recall, NetBSD is about porting *nix everywhere, esp. On SoCs like ARM. FreeBSD barely had, at the time, a working PoC:
wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/arm

Also, Sony is a hardon boy for *BSD, if you recall the Yahoo dev thing.

Thanks! I usually get treated with disdain in some other groups, so I force of habit

Run solos and head to the lower level of Tree of Tver for grinding. If you're trying to rebuild your Witch, I'd say don't. Start throwing some points into Blood Absorb and Soul Absorb. It's her fastest cast spell and it knocks chunks out of your enemy. Now, if your Witch was your primary damage dealer, I don't know what to tell you aside of build something out of the Fighter tree or Spieler tree and do it fast. Fortunately, both are moderately good at taking on solo runs for EXP grinding. Suggestion for offensive is pic related.

They don't have to try hard. It's literally four image files that need to be renamed & replaced, unless my guess is off (I doubt it is). The text generator, as stated, is entirely independent of the art and background generation—it's only relevant to the textbox and both can be dismissed with a button press. This is a feature for numerous Japanese games, as they play like VN and are developed with the assumption you'd want to enjoy said art without the text scrolling.

Noted and bookmarked, thanks user.

Yeah, every game of this type has a 'hide window' function. I want to get and play DT2, and now that this possibility surfaced, I want it even more. It's still quite expensive compared to other games, though… Atlus tax at work?

I'm a maniac about the game so it's unfair to give an answer. Literally it's one of the few games I didn't mind paying full price for. You can luck out if you hunt for it—I've heard Best Buy dropping price on it, as well as some Gamestops. If digital is your option, then you'll have to wait for it to pop up in a sale, likely one from Atlus themselves, as I've not seen it go for sale but one or two times.

I hear you, I know it's a game worth the asking price. The current pricings at Amazon are quite fluctuated, though - it's been like that in the recent days. Maybe there are copies that still have the calendar around?
I'll definitely get the game once I have some cash to spare, but that'd be a physical copy for sure. Digital shit sucks.

UPDATE

MajorTom has posted details on the decryption process.
pastebin.com/pz9FbTet

Time to get that P4G undub going…! But first I need a JP copy…

If anyone here has JP copies of P4G, P4DAN or other games for undubbing/modding, see if you can get the file list for the game through an FTP client and we can figure out what needs to be replaced.

Y-you can run solo to level? Of course, you don't even have 5 members at the beginning…
I never even thought of that. Thank you, user!
Also, I probably should put some more thought into my melee girls' weapon enchantments. I think they could have outperformed my Witch for a while if I had just maxed their weapons with the right books. I always skimp on the equipment customization in these types of games…

Oh I forgot: Why shouldn't I rebuild my Witch? Magical Princess looks a lot stronger for level 50 than witch does.