Ragnarok Online Thread: Lighthalzen Edition

A sprite based MMORPG. First launched in 2002 in Korea and 2003 in the US. The Grandfather to Tree of Savior.

ratemyserver.net/

A handy tool to help explain quests/items/monsters/maps. A must have.

hero-server.net/

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

The private server we'll be playing on.

Key features of HeRO server are as follows:

Pre-Renewal

Low rate: 5x Base Exp / 5x Job Exp

Levels cap at 99/50 and 99/70

More can be found in Info & Features tab.

Guild name is InfinityCircuit

Type /bgm to turn on the glorious background music.

If you've never played Ragnarok, this is a great place to start. If you're an old adventurer this is a great way to relive those old times with a decent server that isn't bot infested.

Guide for finding out what loot is used in quests

irowiki.org/wiki/Quest_Items

Item of the Day for extra EXP

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Item_of_the_Day

Distribute our newly acquired wealth, Start gearing up, grind and have fun

Other urls found in this thread:

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Buddy_Beanie
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x6BeEQBEt7hyZ0IVSwv_L30s6_Wy8aUW8dLugzvyOG8/edit?usp=sharing
calcx.wushuang.ws/?caobLaYbGbAaraRababIbaaakfaaaaaaaae8aaaaaaaaacsaad5aaeueOaalraafoaasfaasfaaaaaaagkkkakaaaabaaahsaaaaHaaaa
calcx.wushuang.ws/?cahbLaYbEbyaBaSababEdaaaOfaaaaaaaae5aaaaaaaaad3aaeraaeEeOaalraafpaasbaasbaaaaaaaikkaakgakaaabaaacuaaaaHaaaa
discord.gg/XnffQ
ratemyserver.net/stat_sim.php?jid=4016&max_aspd=190&maxhp_cap=0&go=Go
pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Quested_Items
ratemyserver.net/item_db.php?item_id=4284&small=1&back=1
pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Bee_Wings
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10KvoWUbGrykYgjnFfAeEOv31GfuOF6vJc8ElVBrv7fw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=227663076
ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=item_db&item_id=1822
ratemyserver.net/quest_db.php?type=60000&qid=60026
pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Reset_Master
discord.gg/JHb6m
db.irowiki.org/classic/monster-info/1048/
mangafox.me/manga/ragnarok_into_the_abyss/v01/c001/1.html
txmicro.com/desktop-computers/
irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/wiz.html?10rKGXnndodqafcAaxbx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Novices can't really do too much. They have a skill that can be learned via a quest called "Play Dead" that is handy, but you lose the skill if you chose any other job class (I forget is Super Novices keep it or not). Get to job level 10 and decide on what class you want next.

Your basic physical strong hitter class. Carries a sword (two handed or single handed), spear, or dagger, and a shield (if you're using a single handed sword/dagger). Swordsmen can be built a few different ways. My personal choice is to build his stats in STR, AGI and some DEX. If you're going to be a tank, swap out AGI for VIT.

Toss magic bolts of different elements at your foes. Wields staffs or daggers. Magicians are best used with INT (for strong spells) and DEX (for faster casting) builds. Other good skill points can be AGI to evade attacks, or VIT to take more hits.

Long range fighter. Archers who are using bows require arrows. So always keep an eye out on your arrow count before going into the field as arrows are consumables. You can find arrows for sale in most NPC shops. Archers Damage with a bow is determined by the DEX Stat. So pump up that DEX. Similar to the mage AGI can help you evade foes while VIT can let you take more hits.

The Happy Merchant is here! Merchants are primarily used by players who just want to get more profits on the loot they sell to NPCs. But can also be used to sell items to players by setting up a shop. You'll find lots of player owned shops around towns. Merchants can also be good fighters similar to swordsmen. To be completely honest, I don't really have a good idea on how best to make your merchant, but if you'd like to fight with a sword, dagger, or axe, I'd recommended a similar build to a swordsman.

Extra Notes from another user:
"Two-handed axes suit Merchants.

Remember, the weight that you have on your cart makes you hit HARDER, therefore ALWAYS have your cart filled to maximum capacity with whatever useless crap you have. Try to reach the perfect cap.

AGI / STR are your friends with a Blacksmith. They hit harder than Knights and faster than them, exception of a Frenzy Lord Knight. Knights just are faster, last longer and are easier to have.

Blacksmiths / Whitesmiths lack proper AoE skills, and the best skills costs MONEY, so be sure if you want a merchant.

However, if this server has resets, that I dont know, you can perfectly fine have a Blacksmith reach lv99 and not rebirth him, reset his stats to DEX and LUCK to craft elemental weapons to yourself and the guild, you can also sell them to players since they are quite valuable.

Since you craft weapons, you can try to upgrade them beyond the safe +4, try to reach +10, don't go beyond that.

Whitesmiths (rebirth of Blacksmith) can UPGRADE weapons way better than the NPC with better % chance and with less materials."

Agile and quick hitters, Thief's can do very well for a new player who's looking to get a bit more out of each fight. Using daggers or swords Thief's can learn double hit as a passive skill to sneak in a little extra damage per hit. They can also attempt to steal items off monsters even if they don't fight them at all! Thief's are built best with STR and AGI in mind with some DEX thrown in. There are other ways to build a Thief but that's just my suggestion.

Everyone's best friend. The main healer of the party. Acolyte's specialize in buffing and healing other members of their team. Build them with INT for stronger heals and more SP or be a combat Acolyte and put points into STR. Ether way, remember to buff your self and your party members.

Taekwon's are a pretty interesting character type. They primary use no items to attack with other than their kicks. Leveling up Taekwon's skills are basically determined if you'll go ether Taekwon Master or Soul Linker. Level a Taekwon with STR, AGI or VIT and some DEX to help hit. You'll start out your early days being a physical fighter so be strong for now. If you decide to go the magical path of a soul linker, you can always reset your stats in this server (for a price of zenny).

Extra Notes from another user:
">I've never played Taek Master

Star Gladiator (Taek Master) are the most weird class of the bunch, depending if the number of the day is odd, or if it's day or night or what month it is… His power changes.

He can only have one of these powers in three maps, however, you can stack all of these in a single map.

It also focus on targets with the same name, choose wisely.

As you can see, it sounds pretty stupid, but when you have a Star Gladiator stacked a single map, they become GOD destroyer of worlds.

This little fellas deal MASSIVE damage on that map and are truly fearsome.

If you are an advanced player or you want to invest to be filthy RICH make a Star Gladiator and put your three maps on Morroc, where all the Satan's Morroc shadows are. If you focus the Ghosts you can try to lure them alone and 1v1 them into oblivion and pray to the gods that you get Diabolus ring, which usually costs a fucking fortune."

Class: Soul Linker

The more mystically-inclined Taekwons can become Soul Linkers, eschewing their martial foot fighting to become one of the most powerful magic classes in the game. Soul Linkers can…

These buffs do anything from allow Bards and Dancers to benefit from their own auras and cast eachother's auras, to doubling the damage and halving the cooldown of an Assassin's Sonic Blow, to enabling a Super Novice to ignore many class restrictions on equipment.

These include heal-when-struck Kaahi, auto-revive-on-death Kaizel, damage ignoring Kaupe, and magic reflecting Kaite.

These include the immense slow Eswoo, and the trolling Eske/Eska

These include the knockback Estin, the stunning Estun, and the nuking Esma.

While they lose the ability to cast all of their kicks, they can still cast High Jump and Running.

While the Soul Links, Ka- buffs, and Es- Debuffs are fairly self-evident in their power, the Es- damage spells are perhaps the most impressive single target damage spells in the entire game:

Unfortunately, due to their power, they have several severe limitations:

In spite of their one-man-army PvE power and their extremely powerful support buffs, they are not recommended for a first-timer, as they usually require a stat reset (if not also a skill reset) after becoming a Soul Linker, are fairly dependant on a feel for the game's mechanics for their survivability, and a large amount of skill build pressure.

They are however a very solid second-or-later choice, as they are effectively the Magical equivalent of a Sniper, only with more mobility, more survivability, and lacking an ammo crafting requirement.

Gunslingers are ranged fighters who specialize in firearms, be it revolvers, shotguns, Gatling guns or grenade launchers (there might be more but I think thats all of them). Gunslingers will have to buy all there ammunition from venders, similar to how a archers arrows are consumables so are bullets and shells. Level up similar to a archer with Dex as your primary focus. AGI or VIT to dodge or stay alive longer. Gunslingers are pretty neat if you can get the hang of them, but NOT A RECOMMENDED STARTER CLASS as the weapons are expensive and the ammo is slightly as well.

Extra Notes from another User:
" This is a FUN class with NOTHING more. It's REALLY expensive to have a Gunslinger and ANY class do all of their jobs better.

However it's just fun to switch from pistols to shotguns or gatling gun just cause you can.

His skills costs money too even."

Ninjas are a little strange as they can be ranged, up close and magical all at the same time. Figure out what one you want to make and build accordingly. I've seen some pretty crazy stuff done by ninjas in my time, so I've come to respect them as a class. Plus they look neat. Sorry for lack of detail on this class, I've never successfully built a proper ninja so I have little to offer.

Extra notes from another user:

" Like the gunslinger, its an expensive class and not recommended for beginners.

However Ninjas can be of use unlike Gunslingers.

Melee if PvP. Magician Ninja if PvE and PvP. If you wanna throw shurikens in PvE delete the character."

Masochists unite! This is your class if you feel like suffering as a novice for 45 base levels. Super Novices (or SN) will find that they have all main 6 1st classes skills available to them! Whats nuts about it is that you're allowed to get 99 Job levels! So you can really get a ton of first class skills and mix and match. Mind that because of this builds will vary. But if you can deal with the suffering and strife of those first 45 base levels as a novice, this might just be for you.

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Buddy_Beanie

I highly suggest any new players attempt this quest. Not only will it familiarize your self with the world, but also unlock this wonderful hat.

"The Buddy Beanie is a hat geared towards lower level characters! If you are base level 85 or lower, then you obtain the following bonuses: +600 HP, +80 SP, 5% more exp earned from non-boss monsters. All characters gain the 3 defense from the hat regardless of base level, and it is refinable. It has a weight of 20, is equipped in Upper Headgear slot, and requires a minimum base level of 12 to use. "

Leveling Tips

With a battle manual active, completing the following quests (progress as many of them to the last step as possible before using your manual so you have time to turn them all in and do the Rachel Sanctuary quest before your manual expires)…

The Lost Child

Rachel Sanctuary

Help Mikhail

Brasilis Dungeon Entrance Quest

Eye of Hellion

Will net you about 35% of 98->99 EXP combined.

Completing other quests such as; Veins Siblings, the Biological Weapon Quest, Curse of Gaebolg, and the Nameless Island Entrance quest should earn you an estimated 20~40% more exp based on the listed exp rewards. On the whole, this makes 98 -> 99 much less torturous than it otherwise would be if you were grinding.

Are there any Taekwon's in the guild that are trying for the top 10?

A collection of praises from users in threads.

07/14/16 (Thu)
"The game has a level of open-endedness that only games like EVE can top, and this was further reinforced by constant updates of good content and a subtly enforced sense of community; players are also relevant to the game at all times, whether its to the economy through item/card drops, what content they can access,or community-driven matters.

We may urge people onto an easy fast track for leveling, but even amongst us being eager to share our veterancy, we all have varying ideas and strategies about how to play the game and progress, especially early on; and this is something that's even survived the era of forum/gamefaqs guides for literally everything.

Everything about the game, from its art to its music was solidly done and iconic; down to every last enemy and map in the game, which you could show to any RO player and they could tell you something unique about it; whether it's the weakness of the enemies there, the card the wandering boss of the area drops, the requirements to enter, or just the music.

To me, it's the Thief of MMORPGs; a game that's spectacular, only because it did things right, and it should've been surpassed far, far long ago."

07/14/16 (Thu)

That's a bigger deal than it sounds like.

Just saying RO is merely more open than ToS is an understatement, you can go anywhere anytime and party up with anyone to kill strong ass monsters to level fast or get good gear, you will most likely die trying though, because the monsters are a real danger even if you have the same level as them.

There are no questlines guiding you through the game, you basically level just by killing mobs and the few quests give you stuff like items, special skills and access to new areas.

The gear is much more solind in this game too, Instead of getting a new sword every 5 levels you can get a top tier neutral element frmo the shop instantly if you have the cash, note that it may not be the best sword, because those often lack card slots for advanced builds and they have no element. This makes crafting gear and refining a much more important thing right from the low levels.

The best thing in it to me is the monster layout and party playing, there are strong monsters everywhere and they can be anywhere on their respective maps, makes playing with a party very important in almost every place you go especially on the higher level areas. Of course you can still solo, but you'll be pretty limited and will have to tackle weaker challenges.

Note that when you kill an enemy, no matter your level, you always get the same XP, so no matter if you're and kill a lvl1 monster or manage to kill a lvl100 one there's no XP penalty. You still get shit % frmo the low levels because they give you low XP already, but killing stronger enemies anywhere is very rewarding. In most MMOs and even ToS if you team up and kill a strong monster you get shit XP because of level discrepancy, instead you have to go into shitty instance dungeons and kill low level strong monsters.

07/18/16

Ok, thats all the pasta served up.

So our home town is to be Lighthalzen!

I've also just completed the distribution list for the items that our oldbie friend gave us.

You can check out the list here.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x6BeEQBEt7hyZ0IVSwv_L30s6_Wy8aUW8dLugzvyOG8/edit?usp=sharing

Reply with your character name and what item you'd like. I'll mark it down in the doc and mark you in the guild with the tag "Holder"

As far as I know no.

I might join the server and do that then. I understand the minimum point is like, 300 on that server but fuck me I do love Taekwon.

Its in sheet 1.

Sorry, new to this docs shit.

I think some one mentioned some time back that the number one spot had like 12k points or something like that.

I've never done that so I cant say what that really means, but after they found that out they gave up on that idea.

What matters is that you get onto the top 10 list of Taekwons. I think I remember one user mention that 300ish was at 10. Anything more just secures yourself. Getting to the top 10 increases your SP and HP by x3 and lets you use every single skill regardless of level.

PvE dagger rogue
calcx.wushuang.ws/?caobLaYbGbAaraRababIbaaakfaaaaaaaae8aaaaaaaaacsaad5aaeueOaalraafoaasfaasfaaaaaaagkkkakaaaabaaahsaaaaHaaaa

PvE 2-handed sword knight
calcx.wushuang.ws/?cahbLaYbEbyaBaSababEdaaaOfaaaaaaaae5aaaaaaaaad3aaeraaeEeOaalraafpaasbaasbaaaaaaaikkaakgakaaabaaacuaaaaHaaaa

Those builds are just for leveling quickly so that you can become trans fast, so don't follow them after rebirth.

How expensive is a pantie + undershirt combo going for nowadays on this server? I need one on my rogue so i can start farming mats for the board and see if i can get my soon-to-be-bard geared

I can set you up with that set.

Just tell me who you are.

Eydan, want a deviruch backpack.

Yullia here. Rozen can take whatever axes, all I care about is having one of the backpacks.

If nobody needs it, I would also like a Deviruchi Backpack. Tallen.

Well nevermind, those are pretty coveted.

Well Ill be heading to work now but ill be back later on tonight, ill tell you then. I haven't even joined the guild yet on either character so ill do that then

Just so its clear, Everyone may take one item from this doc. If you would like another item, return your item and swap it out for another.

Set

Set

MikitakaH here, I'd like the Ignis Clip

Pirone, glittering jacket plz

Shooty here, I guess I'll request the Odin's Blessing.

I like snaring shit in place and plinking at it until it dies.

Strangelove (Formerly Minhwu) is attempting to make a ranker, the madman.

I play Priest 'cause I wanted to make a large impact with helping us grow as a new guild, plus I'm so nostalgic for the utility of teleporting, warps, revives, buffs, etc.

Set

Set

*cough*
discord.gg/XnffQ

FOR THE RECORD AS I FORGOT TO PUT THIS UP HERE I have taken the Earth Fist as Tallen. I will hand it over as soon as I have crafted all elemental weapon sets for myself.

Also someone tell our smiths I have a shitton of Great Natures from farming Sleepers if they need them, otherwise I'm just going to pawn them over for moolah.

Release of Wish for Ars Goetia.
playing tank classes was a mistake for me. Replace Duke Eligor with Ars Goetia in the main guild whenever.

I want to change my clip for the Orlean's Gown tbh

Add
Yullia Drifter
to the alt guild please.

Cicada Skin = broken. With it, you can go full INT and punch above your weight, letting enemies push you away without damaging you, so you can smack them with fast-cast magic, then renew the cicada ability right as it breaks. Great for dealing with the ninetails and poison spores while sniping greatest generals two east and one south of Payon. Level 50 or so in no time flat.

If you can suffer through the Novice Wings quest in the training grounds, you'll exit the training area at around level 33 or so, and with them equipped, you can race to 45 pretty easily. A buddy beanie helps all the more.

TO GET JELLOPIES FAST FOR THEM END OF MONTH DAILY HEALER QUESTS
Buy as much meat as you can carry (or fill up your storage) from the butcher in southwest Prontera, then get your ass to Umbala (you can take the Kafra warps from Morroc to Comodo, and from there to Umbala). In the northern edge of the town map, in that spur that juts off to the left, there's a kid who wants them gibmedats. Meat, that is. While carrying all of the meat you can, click him, then press ENTER four times. You traded 1 meat for 2 jellopies, 2 fluff, and 2 clovers. Now wear out your wrists spamming that. You can turn in a daily quest with the healer on each character at base level 51 and higher, three times each day. This is an easy way to boost job levels of a first class up to level 50, instead of grinding forever to get that last little bit.

You DO wait until job level 50 to access the second class, don't you?

Been afk for a bit. trying to set you up with an item and switch out your guild stuff.

Done

Done

I'll add the ninja bit to the copy pasta.

ah sorry about that something came up. I'll whisper you when I'm back

Might wanna move all that pasta to a pastebin, as even Itallians will think that's a bit much to be posting at the top of every thread. Concise OPs are a good thing.

I'd say put the class stuff in one, the "testimonials" in another, and all other tips in a third.

also the steam group has a couple of revision/adition suggestions

GREETINGS, ACTUAL MAGIC USER.
Whatchya makin'?

Do you like grinding 24/7 with no story or point in an imbalanced game with no Global Cooldown?

Then this game is for you.

You could drown in all the neat east-on-west science-fantasy lore this game has. Just because there isn't some cutscene-filled arbitrary railroad for you to be themepark'd along doesn't mean there isn't a world to dive into.

I would suggest loaning the imps as a set, due to how imps work. They are downright amazing for a new mage at geographers Einzbroch Field, speeding up how fast you can switch to Mi Gaos Louyang field or Moscovia (as lesavkas are cast sensor iirc).

What? There's a lot of story, it's just opt in, and your relationship with it is "random jagoff that bumbled into it" rather than "THE FORETOLD CHOSEN ONE". You know, actually good writing.

Imbalanced? The only imbalanced thing in RO is G-Fist. Everything else is actually relatively fair, as everyone (when maxed) has access to and or made compromises for their bullshit.

The fuck is a global cooldown. You mean a cooldown on all skills when you use one? Because not having that is a good thing as it allows combos.

If you had said pot cooldowns or the pots being instant instead of HoT so gvg isn't oneshot-or-full-support, then you might have a point.

HoT instead of Instant*
goodmorning

underage detected

(Keishiro)
I'd like to borrow the 2x Imp Clips when I go bradium golems with you guys, would be mighty useful. Also Piercing staff

Level 87 Esma Bolter. Took a break because I needed out of the coal mines of ice dungeon 1. Now I'm back to nuke shit into oblivion

Thanks for the info about the Imp clips.

Only one item per person. (I'll count the clips as a single item)

I'll be back later on. Gonna lay down for a bit.

I'd like the staff then, If I can keep it

Shit dude, you've only got 1+1 int.
Sorry this isn't like your other MMOs that holds your hand the entire way.

This is essentially EVE of fantasy MMOs. No hand holding, an entire world for you explore. No guide points, no cutscenes or shitty "story." You have to go explore it and its not going to be given to you.

RozenFire, currently suffering due to having just missed you… Uh, I'll take that heart breaker (I think, pretty sure that's the best thing for me)

How the hell do you join a guild in this game? I've been looking for information on it but I must be blind.

Bother one of us when S.Logan is on and we'll make room for you.
It's as simple as being clicked on and "Invite (name) to join your Guild" if you have the guild permissions.

Well tell 'em The Spiv wants an invitation once they're on in that case.

dude

heal lmao

ORIGINAL NPC DONUT STEEL

It's funny how she has a point IRL even though she's just trying to teach the player not to spam

Westr here, I'd get a lot of use out of that fireblend, particularly as I was farming steel earlier. I won't be on until later though.

Thanks Soab, you're fucking great.

Alright im back from work, I was the guy asking for the pantie + undershirt set to go farming with. Just looking to get some extra cash to start my bard

Name's Geiger

Sure, you can keep the item, I just want to be able to track where the items go and such, thats why I'm keeping records.

done.

did you leave the guild, Grows In All Fields?

Black lives DON'T matter

Might wanna be careful with that, heRO is a bit prudish. I mean, there's a no-swearing-on-Main rule (at least, used to be).

Don't want you guys getting banned for something stupid

Pretty sure they don't necessarily know what graffiti belongs to whom, and they definitely wouldn't suspect a priest.

…No? My sage was never in the guild.

I never messed with eAthena, but that seems like something that would have logs.

I mean, this is a game where a chat mute is both a chat silence and a character silence.

But you've been warned. Don't have anything too fancy from the gear I dropped on ya'll, or at least, not the carded stuff. Best to be safe. Fortunately, Light isn't the most bustling of towns.

Still, we just started occupying Lighthalzen, if that kind of thing keeps showing up in that area, its gonna be pretty obvious what group of people it is.

Ah, false alarm.

I changed into a swordsman what should I do now?

Found a cat looks pretty strong.

That cat will fuck you up. They are just kind of chilling out around towns. don't mess with them.

I would suggest you start doing For that sweet hat. As well as heading to Payon and fighting Spores (one south from payon town). Once you get strong enough for that, head south again to wolves.

Edgy here, Idk if I'll be on for the next few days because some dipshit came to tabletop with the flu or something so now I'm pretty sick, pls don't kick from guild to make room ;_;

No worries, you'll be fine.

Feel better soon.

what fog?

Anyway, I ran out of money using kafra warps.

It seems like the I can only connect to the server when it's midnight in Freedomland.

That cat sometimes drop gold bars, user. Just go ahead and attack it. While you're at it, try attacking Anubis.

Use warper boy - Kafras cost like 10x as much

What's your IGN?

Haven't unlocked the map yet i used kafra many times.

Quinlanlent

type /fog, you'll see the difference

right I see it.

I have two rare items i think I'm willing to trade for priest gear if anyone is interested.
Ninja Dagger and a Gun. Just Msg "Hilda_" If you're interested.

the gun can be bought from the store. Not sure how much the ninjato is worth though

For my Scraba party.

Are we going to do WoE once everyone gets is reasonably geared and leveled? Just asking so I don't dump points into wrong stats. I aint playing 50 zillion for a reset with how much they cost on trans characters

We could once everyone starts feeling stable enough to try it out.

I've never gotten into PvP or WoE. So I can't really say how we'd start doing that.

I definitely want to do MVP, but WoE isn't out of question for me.

Also reminder for myself after I am done mining for Oridecons to search up the asura damage formula so I can check up on Soab to see if it is truly worth it to put point into int or not for Champion.

It's ATK and current SP dependent, int is only used as a way to increase SP, usually a stat dump after you rounded your str, dex and vit bonus. Against big MVPs, dex > int in terms of damage.
For WoE centered builds you usually see str 71 or 81, dex either 96 or 99, vit closing at 60 or 70, and the rest dumped into int. For MVPing builds you usually see str at 99, dex closing at 60 or 70, and int around 60.
The reason why you don't see rounded int values for monks is because int rounds at multiples of 35 for magical attack bonuses only, which they don't care about, and every point of int gives the same amount of +SP.

Using this:
ratemyserver.net/stat_sim.php?jid=4016&max_aspd=190&maxhp_cap=0&go=Go
With the Chain [3] and 3 damage cards (60%), pic related are the results. The end result is roughly +17k for the bestcase scenario of 80 int. It is up to you if it is worth it for that, but I prefer a WoE build.

I just realized I forgot to add chain +7 at minimum, fuck it point still stands.

We're gonna make it.

Who's the best WoE class on this server?

There is no "best WoE class", it really depends on what you want to do - it is a team game. Wizzerds set up pre-cast and aoe damage, Sages stop wizards and annoy the crap out of everyone with counterspells, Alchemists destroy tanks with Acid Demonstration…

The real question is what do YOU want to do?

You realize the base sp modifier for champ is trash and you need % SP increasing gear for it to be worth it, right?
Besides that I agree that one should not invest too much in int unless they're going full MVP (there are people that get 60 dex and 0 vit and just go full str and int), but that is NOT a versatile build by any means. I'd recommendo our champs to get some 80~90 base dex and 50 base vit, round strength out at 91 (+9 with job 70) and put the rest in int (should be at ~40)

I realize that calculation was kinda hastily done, but the point was how inefficient putting points into int to increase asura damage it is. You are devoting yourself entirely to MVPing that way.

I've been doing some stealing and got these, anyone need them? I'm too lazy to make a merchant yet.
Katar of Raging Blaze, Nagan and Green Acre Guitar respectively.

That's also my point. Just reminding that % modifiers like variant shoes get better the int you have, so with a fully geared champ the difference will be higher. Still not recommended for being a heavily focused build fully dependant on gear

Installing, hopefully the lack of players doesn't make this a boring experience.

Why is VIT better than AGI for champs survival?

In my case, it's a multi-singleplayer game, and it gets tedious when you run out of goals. Stuck at job level 47 on a smackolyte that will be converted into a priest, as the best grinding spots require far better equipment than I have, or partying. Almost out of low-level characters. I have 9 characters above level 60, and my lowest is around 40.

Apparently RNGsus loves Super Novices, because I got the angelic combo set without even trying, from all of the low-level minibosses near Prontera. Just need angel ears to get an SP boost.

Generally speaking, you want to make your first character pve based so you can actually enjoy the game. Resetting something into a woe build once it's maxed and you have something else for pve isn't that bad, either, and you can always do what I did. The reason I made a second prof and the second linker was so I could have my bolter/esma build and a woe build, since those builds look nothing alike.

Never really understood why resets were such a pain in heRO. At least they're cheaper the lower your level so Linkers aren't total suffering.

Please don't say the precast is for damage. It isn't. It's cc and gear forcing. The precast makes everyone run freeze immune and stun resist, and if meteors are in play, it discourages ED. Since most antifreeze is chest, it blocks ghostring unless combo'd with gtb, which keeps them killable by AD/GF/SB. And the constant hits prevents the majority of Land Protector casts.

If you are dying to a precast that doesn't have a metric fuckton of meteor casters while you wear ED, you are being too skimpy with your pots. The precast itself can't overcome potting- it's why the true woe wiz is dex/vit not int/dex. They're cc and gear forcing, not damage.

Still wish Lord of Visual Lag had a purpose beyond ice dun and LP blocking. An upgrade to Lord of Hitstun would be amazing, but probably a bit much.

side note: this is why pots should either be HoT or have a cd. Instant pots makes pvp a oneshot-or-nothing game, basically making everyone but a couple of burst classes full support

Actually in WoE wizards are killers. Its why offensive and defensive land protector exists. Unfrozen means you will take all the SG hits. At 140-150 int any wizard will do serious damage to anyone and will bring extreme pain to any devo sader.
A wizard with GSoD and 140 int? Better pray to God you have resist gear.

What part of "pots are instant with no cd" do you not understand. They are the biggest reason to pot, yes, but people that die to the magic damage are simply not potting as hard as they could/should.

It's hibi shoes that make it actually viable damage, otherwise it's basically meaningless.

This is seriously the most annoying misconception with WoE. Pots all but invalidate any damage that isn't capable of being either instant 100% or massively over 100% within 1s. Hell, the only reason AD really works is the armor break, as you can trivially pot through it if you aren't vit-based stun immune, and can still pot through it if you are using ranker slims (you just don't usually because of armor break stripping your demires).

The offensive LP is so you stop getting cast interrupted without drawing the ire of whoever they left in the precast (or the AD) and are able to ignore the cc. The defensive one is a fallback so an enemy wiz that broke through the precast can't turn around and apply that cc to you (especially not Quagmire, which instantly breaks the precast if not cleared).

They're 30% droprate so they're not particularly difficult to find.

How much would a really good Huuma that has natural uninteruptable casting sell for?

WoE 2.0

No one plays ninja unironically so it's probably worth 0z as it'd simply never sell

Agi only gives you flee, which is useless if you have more than 2 monsters hitting you at the same time, also you need a huge investment for it to be worth anything, and it doesn't protect you from stun/curse/bleeding/etc. Agi is only for ASPD characters, vit is good for everyone.

We have a ninja on the guild though, see if he wants it

This talk about woe remembered me of a meme setup to shit on creators.
>AD misses on you
orc hero carded top/midgear for stun immunity

Why does things like Dimik cards and that biolab Lord Knight card exist

Or am I missing the point

Seyren card would give you +4 str on a +10 headgear. (+14 str on a +20 but that's only on renewal)
Same with dimik, it gives you +5 total vit on +10. Which isn't worth it unless for the aforementioned setup on a +0 armor. There are a lot of meme cards like those in the game.

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Quested_Items

Scroll down a bit to find the Zodiac wings.

Imagine a fucking tao gunka or kiel d-01 on this shit. Jesus christ.

implying that I won't just put a porcellio on it for 60 atk

But those month things are just flavor or do they actually need to be completed in the respective month (taking a whole year to complete the wings)?

Nah I could bring the Aquamarine stone to the March guardian and he would initiate the quest for me

Oh, good to know. Seems you can do those quests a lot of times for rewards, so I'ma check em out.

WHY

Didn't played RO since forever, why are you playing on a private server?

Is the game shit like wow now?

Officials are complete shit, yeah.

A few years ago they added a new tier of class progression to the officials called Third Jobs, along with a total rebalancing of all the game's mechanics like cast time, attack speed, damage, and exp-gains, and most people agree that these changes completely ruined the game, forcing even more people to go to private servers than before.

Plus, this server has higher exp/droprates, which is good because the officials were simply too grindy for most sane people to bother with.

Alright thanks.

its really weird going into one of these threads after playing the game for like 10 years

only garbage creators have no answer for that

whats the general pop on this server?

I would like the katar, please.

I played ninja, and was in the guild for a few days, but had myself ejected because ninja wasn't fun. Then I realized being a rubber wizard was broken in PvM. Posting from my phone, so my ID will be different.

When we started playing the server pop was about 170 or so. We've pushed it into the 200-210 range.

The server counts @autotrade venders in that count.

You mind putting me, Punished Killias, in the alt guild?

Sure. Meet me in Prontera

Any room for some other asshole in the guild?

Name is Raynian.

I'll see if there is room. I've been clearing out low attendance players so there should be room.

I'll be on tomorrow, name's Animal Mother. Just ask in ally channel or pm me.

Thanks pal!

What is the point of a card that heals enemies?

ratemyserver.net/item_db.php?item_id=4284&small=1&back=1

Undead

as a monk who can heal up to 1.8k hp that can be really good boon on Nameless Island

May I suggest this quest to some of our high level characters.

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Bee_Wings

-Return to Queen Bee after you help each bee with their task and you will receive the Bee Wings. You can always return to her and speak with her again to change which item you'd like to drop at a chance while killing monsters. The list of items you can pick from are below.

Alcohol Bee Sting Blue Gemstone Cheese Cobweb Darkness Rune Empty Bottle Green Live
Immortal Heart Karvodainirol Oridecon Hammer Professional Cooking Kit Red Blood Red Gemstone Royal Cooking Kit Royal Jelly
Star Crumb Star Dust Stem Venom Canine Wind of Verdure Yellow Gemstone

I never really got into Ragnarok. Is archer a fun class? What are generally the good classes to go?

Funnest class that's also gud for begginers is probably wizard(first ten levels are kinda shitte though)

You can have a falcon and set traps when you become a Hunter as an archer. They're generally speed demon that can solo many dungeons.

Or you can become a bard and have very useful songs that everyone need, such as songs that reduce cast time or songs that turn your party into speed demon as well.

Archer is one of the easiest classes to get into because they have a very solid power curve at all stages of the game, and can solo level the fastest of almost any class early game (I think Taekwon might be faster, but it drops off significantly while archer stays solid). They're one of the best farm classes too, although they can be a bit costly on SP items unless you have decent gear to start with. They're also fairly boring in my opinion, but that's personal preference.

Really you can start any class, except alchemist or monk. Merchant will be a bitch to get to blacksmith, so you'll want to party a lot if you choose to do that, but once you hit smith you get a ton stronger. Priests are always in high demand. Wizards are a backbone of any party, and sages are great for high end dungeons. Swordsmen are good for mobbing, and crusaders have party support skills. Thieves are arguably the most niche class, assassins are great for mobbing and some farming, rogues are typically used for chilling since they pilot themselves (click on monster, automatically steal while killing it, usually take no damage because you have 95% flee rate).

The cheapest way to level merchants and acolytes solo is to make them AGI based, like a thief, with enough strength to put a wallop on enemies. If you don't mind an easy grind, you can kill mukas (the cactus bastards) two south of Morroc. Great for VIT, AGI, or ranged jobs. So really, piss easy leveling from 30 up to maybe the low fifties, because the fuckers can't hit for shit and go down like a fat bitch desperate to falsely accuse a man of rape.

Still, archer, mage, magic ninja, and gunslinger have an easier time slaying greatest generals (totem-pole looking fucks) two east and one south of Payon. Bring fly wings to avoid the odd ninetails until you can take them on. The GGs are weak to water/ice attacks, and with the cicada skill for the ninja, you can get bapped around by ninetails without taking damage, and smack it repeatedly with level 1 ice magic, refreshing the cicada skill every three hits.

This slut is really working me for that hat.

Osiris just got killed by the swag team, we got this. If you're a main sin and want this, say so.
also fuck this server's aggro mechanics, MVP mobs aren't supposed to freely change target

Can I get dibs on that? Was considering buying one but that'd save me the z.

If you get the card, get it onto a linker. It makes Kaizel 1 broken good, and is the only thing that card is really good for

Best support NA

Accidentally closed my Main chat tab, please help

Sure, leave your IGN I'll give it to you tomorrow.

hit the plus sign
select that tab
hit the circle cross thing
hit "all on"

Edgy McGrimm

It is a great journey

That last image.

How the fuck did you even do that?

I just sorta ran past them
There were a lot of them.

Yorgh is nice guy

I hate my job and I'm about to sew them not a nice sweater, but one filled with hate. I love you autistic fucks. I'm a nigger.And I enjoy niggin around. I've been drinking. Long fucking night. Long fucking story. I would have been here grinding away main never ever stop making fun of me But shit happens and I seem to be in a different timezone than you faggots. It sucks.

Thank you logan for giving me an experience I haven't had since my fucking early teens. It's been forever since I've played any multiplayer game where people interacted and actually mattered with each other.

I'm glad everything is going so well and I wouldn't feel bad if everything collapsed in a explosion of autism because I expect it eventually. Sorry for all the characters. I have a very particular taste, so it's hard to find something that suits me.

Have fun, fine gentlemen.

Special thanks to Soab and Eydan for making this wonder of RNG happen in less than an hour.

Sexy

Yaargh was not Yorgh, if that's what you were implying.
It was actually me, .

Holy shit, I woke up today thinking about farming those. Very nice

u are ok

small soab is qt

In what sense? like advance? or a whole other job? if the second, no, you'll need a new character.

What do you want to change to?

what class are u

You're cool, user. I'm brazilianI get super self-conscious about that and I know how bad our online reputation is. I would try to get online at the same time as yours but I also have a job and I can't dick around much.

Also fuck yes alchemists. You rock.

Also, question while I am at work. Are Magnus Exorcismus Priests still a thing these days? I recall they were MVP monsters.

It's still possible, but no one does it any more, partially because there's a lack of demons / undead in the more current content, and also since there is literally no downside to expshare partying on this server, so you may as well go full support / TU on Anubis.

Not laterally, just upwardly, but you can have eleven separate characters like I do, leaving one slot open for novice events.

Is there room in the guild for one more faggot? I made a thief and I tried doing those hat quests, but I'm sort of out of resources so I might just want to party up with other new people and do this quest later.

I plan to make a dancer or some form of swordsman later on, but I want a rogue now just for mugging stuff. I'll be on tonight to mess around with my shitty level 30 thief.

is cervix ded

So how many active players are there in the guild?

We have like 12-18 people on at all times, I'm honestly surprised how active we are.

Bother Logan then, we are cycling out inactive players. The best way to be a part of the clan is just sticking around and making your mark.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10KvoWUbGrykYgjnFfAeEOv31GfuOF6vJc8ElVBrv7fw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=227663076

LET'S GET READY TO
WORDZZZLE

What
What pile of fresh shit is this
Wordzzzle is already the worst event to begin with and now you are trying to figure out every damn answer in it.
Holy fuck let us please play a sensible event like Zombie Run instead please.

What a fucking tedious quest good fucking lord why make it take 5 fucking talk screens to make one fucking retarded ass stone at a god damn time when you need 100 of the cunting things with an invisible faggot npc that moves to make them and you have to pick the ingredients every fucking time

Once we figure it out we can get the best rewards of any of the events consistently

This is pure autism. I'm proud of you guys

Watch us become the most hated clan in the server, if we aren't already to begin with. And not that we mind it to begin with.

Apparently I got something bretty gud for combo monks ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=item_db&item_id=1822
Let me know if you want it.

how much is it to reset at 99

I'm so close to transcending and when I do I will change to Spirit Champion. Find someone who is leveling as combo monk right now and hand it to them instead.

ratemyserver.net/quest_db.php?type=60000&qid=60026

Not so bad, considering it's not hard to get a few hundred thousand selling off crap not useful for quests or new characters.

Now that I've gotten my priest rolling, and a knight, and a hunter, and a wizard, and an assassin, I'm crawling along with my (((merchant))), trying to make a blacksmith. Having no combat skills and no fancy equipment to increase my damage-dealing is a pain in the nuts.

I WAS ASKING HOW MUCH TO RESET YOUR STATS AT THE NPC RETARD

Why don't you go to the fucking NPC with multiple characters and see if there's a linear or logarithmic increase in cost to predict the cost at level 99.

Trans or pre-trans?
Why not just ask the autists in @main or check the wiki?

Not only it's not linear but also has item requirements that are completely arbitrary

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Reset_Master
Here's your spoonfeeding, faggot.

discord.gg/JHb6m
For rolo

So… up until level 94 it is not terrible. Circa one million give or take depending how high you are. Past 95 it starts to ger ridiculous requiring lots of items, lots of moolah, hatchable eggs and at 99 an Emperium.

I'd rather just go the old-fashioned way and simply never reset.

That's a quick way to get fucking sick of the game and drop it for longer than half of the playerbase has been alive.

Or… you know… roll a new character?

Glad to know that your time is worth less than nothing. "Well, I spent weeks getting to level 79, and I found out that this skill works best with a low stat here and a high stat over there, so let me START OVER."

Are you retarded or just baiting?

Alright, you tell me the best use for a mis-constructed character with a few dozen hours put into it, if resetting the stats and skills is not an option? Going to party with other people with a broken build and get everyone killed?

Or just reset?
An Emp, egg/taming item, and zeny aren't a fucking travesty to get, especially if you plan out what you're doing before getting to 95~99.

Well you could reset before level 95 before costs take a quantum leap from OK to Fuck You tier.

lol

Lybia.

Have they fixed Lybia yet?

Sorry, was drinking had to go do some shit for work. So I was pissed.

Whats your character name?

Aquina. I'm hopping on now.

I always forget how awesome rogue skills are until i get one trained up to farm

Any fucky tricks for the chrysalis daily?

Maybe it's time to play again. I miss RO.

Favourite characters were my High Wizard, Crit Berserk Lord Knight, and Falcon Sniper (I liked my assassin but I wasn't good at using them) followed by my Gunslinger.

Huh, all these quests are new to me. Sounds like a good ride. I'll check it out and post again!

Farm pupae in the map north of Geffen. It's an 82% drop rate, so it won't take too long.

Look forward to playing along side you.

Just let one of us know if you'd like into the guild. We should have a bit of room right now.

Prontera Culvert; floor 1.

There are 90 Thief Bug Eggs, 100% drop rate for Chrysalis, far quicker to farm.

Classic iRO db lists a lower drop rate for the thief bugs, but it's been wrong for me many times before.
db.irowiki.org/classic/monster-info/1048/

You need to set the appropriate droprate multiplier in settings. We're on 3x, which shows it at 100%.

Oh, thanks for that tip.
Does the multiplier apply to cards and other rare drops as well?

Yeah it applies to cards and stuff. I think this server has a different multiplier for MVP cards though, I'm not positive though.

Some servers get weird with the multipliers, having separate multipliers for equipment, cards, consumables, and junk.

Soon. The download is going slowly at 300kbps but I will most definitely post again with a character name when the time comes.

Posting these just because I remember when the game first came out and it was the coolest shit ever. Kinda wish the writer kept writing the manhwas too.

Well, my thief is down to 940 zeny. Time to make a merchant! What's the stat build look like for a leveling alchemist? Pretend I'm a melee class or is Int involved? I have no clue what I'm doing with merchant, but I need those selling passives.

HEH. Koreans and their ID-binded mmo accounts

These are cool user, got any more?

These are all that existed AFAIK. There's also the manwha (Korean Manga) on which the game was based:

mangafox.me/manga/ragnarok_into_the_abyss/v01/c001/1.html

And later on they made RO the animation but it's mixed feelings on it depending on who you're asking.

Ragnarok Battle Online 2 is also a pretty fun spin-off fighter game that uses the 2nd job classes as characters for fighting, not sure how updated it is in this day and age.

Enjoy (Still got an hour on the download, can't wait to get back into the game @_@ )

Can someone add Hustle'Al to the alt guild?

Throw Proto Nishi into the alt guild too

and Miria Havento while you're at it

Just pretend your merchant is a thief. I'm serious. You should not put any point in INT, equip a dagger, and reset your skill points when you reach LVL 39.

Ignore the discount bonus and focus mainly on overcharging the NPCs. Since this is a low traffic server, ignore the vending skill. Mammonite drains your zeny, so leave that alone.

Yeah, I remember the manhwa. a friend and me collected it at the time, i was really disappointed when it stopped coming out. It was also what got me into the game (which i couldn't even play at that time because my computer was so shit, i would have fun just reading the sections about the game in the end of the manga and imagining things)

Also watched the anime of course, was pretty good if you ask me, even if it was one my firsts.

Speaking of which, why was heRO picked over the other private servers? I don't know anything about them, just curious.

Because it's classic ragnarok(pre-renewal patch which ruined the game) and has been going for like 10 years now(no joke), so the chances of it being taken down is really low.

Sorry was away playing Monster Hunter with a friend most of the night. If you're still online, I'll try to get you in.

Whats your name? I can see about getting you into the guild if you'd like.

I finally got to bard and im heading out to bed now. So ill talk to you guys later for an invite to the guild.

Hi, just got online, character name is Lumilia, going for a High Wiz.

Could I borrow that Of Ignis Hairclip? Will be useful for levelling early.

Why low rate? Eh, but I will try. Does Holla Forums has a guild there?

Can I make royal knight, or is this class useless in WoE?

lord knight*

Im done trying to farm cummies for exp and cards, im ready to meet up for an invite now.

Because it encourages people to get together, trade info with each other, party up, share items that are worthless to some but useful to others and overall make the game about the journey, not the destination. Ultra high rate servers are just "go alone until you have the godlike gear you need then play for a few days and get bored". It is meaningless ultimately. At least from my point of view.

Absolutely not useless, and if I recall correctly we are missing some more tanks in the guild.

Alright, now I am an acolyte, time to see about getting in that guild.

who do I talk to ingame about this?

Post your IGN here and wait for someone to pester you into joining. Probably going to meet you up in Prontera, but if you could get to Lighthalzen it is the same.

my name is Maravin

I am mostly around prontera doing some acolyte quest

You can definitely make an LK if you want. We've got a couple already, but if that's what you want to play, go ahead.

LKs can play two pretty basic but important roles in WoE, and which role they play is determined by what side of the battle you're on; attack or defence.

When attacking, LKs can become one of the fastest emp-breakers in the game, although they require very specific high-level equipment and buffs to do so. Their potential for high health pools and durability also allow them to break through enemy defences with greater ease, forcing the defender's to focus on them, allowing their more fragile comrades to storm in behind them and set up their own defences with spells like Land Protector.

When defending, an LK is focussed on bringing down approaching enemy emp-breakers before they can destroy your Emperium.

High rate servers feel less fulfilling to play in general because everything takes far less effort / time to accomplish. In many cases you will reach the game's max level whilst only seeing a tiny fraction of the game's content, which feels very unrewarding. High rate servers also more commonly implement game-breaking custom content, such as custom rooms full of weak monsters that drop tonnes of trash items that sell for hundreds of thousands of zeny, allowing anyone to effortlessly amass a level of wealth in minutes that would take someone months or possibly years of effort to achieve on a low rate server. High rates are just not fun to play on for more than a few hours in most cases.

There are two guilds currently; one for main characters, and an allied guild for alts.

Eh, I'm not too keen on the idea of giving out items from that list to a new player. Stick around for a few days and I'll change my mind. I just need to see some devotion to the guild before I allow access to that list. I've had too many people come into the guild only to stop showing up after a day.

I hope you understand.

Yeah, but at least aim for 20 - 50 rate, we are not teenagers anymore to play 8h a day. But as I said I will try.

Please invite me to guild, nick Peroroncino

Are you online right now? I tried to send you a whisper but wasn't able to.

Sorry but the update took longer than I thought it will be.

I'm on right now.

Peroroncino

Damn, how to disable private chats pop up?

On the shortcut configuration, bind friend setup to something. Open that, then uncheck the open 1:1 chat options.

Thanks, I found it.

Guys its me bangwashi my pc died I don't know if it can fix it or not.

Tell Soab and Sonic im sorry

Do you have an old computer or something? this game can run on a toaster.

Yeah but its not mine
tho I guess you got a point i will see what I can do

What are possible builds for WoE Lord Knight?

txmicro.com/desktop-computers/

Refurbished P4/Core2/i3 office computers, if your system died the death. Still, I haven't had anything like that happen since around 2003, when the capacitor plague was going around.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot, but since I'm playing hunter it reminded me.

Did you know that if you place a status arrow, all your ranged attacks as a melee class will chance to have that status?

For example, a stun arrow equipped to an LK means that all spear boomerangs have a chance of stunning and that to Sinx, all grimtooth hits have a chance of stunning as well? Pretty sure this works with AD and any other ranged attack that melee classes can use.

Intriguing. I'll have to test that out.

thats it guys

its over

were changing to a different server

I am dying. Wizard Promotion test is screwing me up. The alternative is to get a worn out scroll (1.8% drop off boguns) in Payon Dungeon 3. This is suffering.

I don't think LK can equip arrows though. AFAIK only thief classes can really benefit from that (Sin can't use bows but they have the poison dagger quest skill which opens up the ammo slot)

Ill see if i can get you that scroll on my rogue, but keep trying to do that promotion quest and give me a heads up on the thread

All classes can equip arrows. Just drag and drop.

Huh. That should be another server feature then. Interesting.

Does that work for elemental arrows too? I'm gonna level my rogue in Izlude for a while and I'm wondering if I can cheap my way to getting a "wind" dagger by equipping one wind arrow.

What part are you having trouble on? Assuming you went standard firewall into pre-spec build for wizard, it shouldn't be TOO hard. Water and earth rooms you can just use firewall on, the fire room is a bit trickier but most of the monsters in there WILL eventually die if you vertical fire wall them while running around. Make sure you just have a few potions and a couple green pots so you don't get silenced.

Also you can hotbar lower levels of skills, this is really important so you can cast level 1/2 ice bolt while kiting. Alternatively, scrollwheel while selecting a skill to change the level.

No, elements don't work, and status only work with ranged attacks (like grimtooth from sin)

Also, just tried equipping an arrow on my HW and I can't. So yeah.

As far as I know, no. Just status effects.

Put it on a Sin or Knight

Pretty sure the only classes that can equip arrows are archers and thieves, since they're the only classes that can use bows. It doesn't seem obvious, but sinx's can do it as a holdover from being a thief.

You said *every class*. I don't have those yet. Show me a screenshot if you do or something.

I guess I can just throw sleep rocks or something dumb like that. Thanks.

Sorry I didn't specify Keishiro.

I didn't know ads were allowed here

Hey im not sure what the drop rate on that worn out scroll is but I managed to get one already if you want to meet up for a trade

Try getting a cursed arrow, curse is a pretty good status to cause, it doesn't go away when you hit them again.

I know sins can use them, but afaik they're the only non-bow-using class that can. I'd want some proof on the knights.

To be fair, we've probably increased the active player count by like 20%

This very well could all be an elaborate ruse to get more players.

:^)

Knights can't use arrows.

See

((VERY NICE))

Huh, well I coulda swore all melee classes could have equipped it.
If nothing, its still a great buff to Sins.

It's great for rogues and sins, not just for status effects, but also for Holy Arrows (the ones you can only get from rachel sanctuary). Most servers will have it so you get the bonus 5% damage against demons, regardless of what weapon you're using, even if you're meleeing them.

It's the fire room, I think I need to get my potion game more on point, and I'm enjoying it (kinda masochistic in vidya, I don't like giving up on a challenge).

Thank you both, but I'm going ot try and overcome this. I've done SC2 campaigns on brutal, I can handle this!

Good shit that you're not giving up. Keep moving, only cast when you have time to, and use your fastest spell - so probably firewall, unless you took soul strike. I think only one monster is immune to firewall until you get to the guardians.

(witnessed)
Someone give this poor man a fin helm - he should not have to be wearing Mr. Smile at his level.

One of my favorite things about the game: the job change quests are actually challenging in their own right, forcing you to look up where to find specific items here and there and do varied things. Pretty awesome.

What's wrong with you?

kek I remember back in the day. Get instacast on a ninja, then use the first tier ice magic (ice spear?) which had no cooldown.

Go agi as tertiary stat and get like 60 hits/s, stunlock everything until you run dry.

I failed, someone took pity and gave me the item. I am sorry for the shamefur dispray.

Wizard test can be hard depend on your build, don't worry too much about it SHAMEFUR DISPRAY. I'd like to see you doing the warlock test faggot

Maybe I can find one when I get enough levels to venture to 3rd level of Izlude cave, and I'd be happy to give it up since I have no plans for a swordie in the near future. Then again my luck tends to be shit in these sort of things.

You did not fail. The game is sometimes remarkably unfair and there is no shame in asking for help from others. In fact, that is what makes small communities like this so great.

I passed with minimal trouble and a SHITLOAD OF RUNNING in circles using this setup.
irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/wiz.html?10rKGXnndodqafcAaxbx

RIP soulsfags

I hope you're not imblying warlock change was hard, for me the hardest part about changing to warlock was keeping my will to play the game.

MikitakaH

Not with that attitude.

You picked a really bad build tbh fam

Aside from taking Frost Diver over SP Recovery, seems fine to me. Maxing Quag is more important than water ball since waterball is so niche. Strong, but only useful in like two maps in the game.

People tend not to be dicks on this server, and will help you transfer items if you ask.

If you want to right now, I'll be switching to my merchant in a bit to ID some items and gain a bit of experience before midnight (so I can turn in bird beaks for job EXP).

Yeah actually that'd be good thank you, just let me know when you're on your merch I just have a couple of random things to trade over

Alright, one sec. IGN is Funsmith Frank.

Well, if you do it without marc armor it's rng just to try, since you get frost dived as soon as you enter the monster room.

It's like you hate fun

That don't work. Although, it reminds me of something.

Unless they've patched it, using an innately elemental weapon with a force-neutral attack or pseudo-element attack (like AD, or Shield Chain) will make it bypass neutral-reduction equipment due to a bug with how elements are handled in eathena.

Like, using a Bazerald with AD will make it bypass Raydric, but it'll instead be reduced by fire-reduction gear like a Welding Mask (but not fire-element armour, since it's still not technically a fire element attack eathena is weird).

heRO runs on Hercules, not eA. Not sure if it works, it might, but I think it'd probably be fixed.

ShootyLooty a QT

Inb4 the obvious. also it rhymed.

I won't confirm or deny this.

current events: wew

FRESH MEMES

Hey Logan when you're on can you add my alt to the guild? IGN is M'lady.

get well soon :'(

I dont think the Bard class is for me after everything that happened today. I think ill keep him around if i ever feel like playing him again but i think ill just stick to what I know/love a VIT knight. Or just make a Crusader

CRASHING THIS SERVER

WITH NO SURVIVORS

did the gm drop us or something?

WE DID IT

Wait, I'm the only one that got dropped?

That you, Kei? Yeah, it looks like you were the only one.

One of the best parties since Ice Dungeon 3.

Went from 89 to 95 in one sitting.

Awesome work every one of you.

fug

oh you better believe we're going back at some point. That shit too good to just do once.

Imagine if I had a REAL weapon.

You'd better get that str up fugger.

someone got a comodo card right? what's that do?

God damnit don't make me ruin my sleep schedule so I can party with you guys.

WITHOUT
BALLS

I am growing stronger.

kei make me a water fist

NEW THREAD