Earth Defense Force

BEST GIRL EDITION

USEFUL LINKS

All songs :
youtube.com/watch?v=eH52BgHQ1iw

Weapons list :
weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1

DON'T FUCKING FORGET TO SAY IN WHICH REGION YOU ARE PLAYING WHEN HOSTING, YOU MUST BE ON THE SAME STEAM DOWNLOADS SERVER TO PLAY TOGETHER
(you can change it in steam > settings > downloads)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamestorrent.co/earth-defense-force-4-1-the-shadow-of-new-despair-codex.html
store.steampowered.com/app/456570/
poal.me/bz2etu
facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1485444&p=50746058&viewfull=1#post50746058
mega.nz/#!oxZkVJrK!UnghkMURcERCBXaOS2zxcumNh3l6hv5ilmT-PXGi7QA
weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/?p
github.com/wmltogether/CriPakTools
poal.me/7q6sq4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't even know what this game is. But that's a good OP image.

Daily reminder Fencer is the worst class.

If you play anything other than ranger, you're a fucking pleb

WHY IS ROLLING SO SLOW, EVEN COMPARED TO RUNNING
WHY ARE WEAPONS EITHER PEASHOOTERS OR HAVE RELOADING SPEEDS THAT ARE SO SLOW
WHY IS EVERYTHING SO SLOW

By the way, around what weapon level is acceptable for Hard? I know it's more down to player skill but I want to feel like I'm making a difference when I shoot shit.

What do you use? Assault Rifles? Shotguns? Rocket Launchers? Grenades? I'm gonna have to play Ranger no matter what because muh 100% completion, might as well figure out how to make him tolerable.

I'm getting a crash on startup, I don't have an AMD CPU and my Intel is kinda recent (i7 4790). Is there a fix going around ?

start on hard, ranger is super easy

reminder that
ONIICHANS ARE BEING ATTACKED BY GIANT INCEST

ranger has the most orthodox and straightforward weapons. if you're not already sweeping up stuff in front of you on hard you need to spend more time grinding mission 2 on hardest/inferno

Sniper rifle for that huge enemies and shotgun for close range encounter, thats my usual load out but sometimes depend on the situation. Shotgun not really effective against bugs that have long range like the fucking spider and sniper rifle can take out airborne enemies, its not suite a swarm of airborne enemies. Just mix and match for what suited the mission best

Why are you trying to trick people, user?

I thought it was "play mission 1 on normal/easy then go hard" due to Mission 1 being the hardest mission until like 12. Fair enough.

Fucking called it

Really? I'm not losing missions, just feels tedious.

Also good to know. Thanks user.

How do you deal with 4 second and higher reload times? Is there any technique to make it faster? If Fencers have a dash cancel then dammit I want to believe everyone has a kickass game-changing ability.

i completed mission 1 with air raider on hard after like 15 tries, cant be that hard with ranger

exactly, getting nice early 40+ guns will make playing the game less tedious, especially when you're low on armor. you won't have another chance for getting decent weapons until you'll be able to beat inferno missions

now i cant play because i downloaded the fucking revolt crack and the game doesnt launch, rip my savegame ;_;

No thank you, I already played through 2017.

you forgot to mention the continuous dash cancel with a lance…. making him OP …

i think just doesn t know how to play it so he think its bad.

air raider is the worst in solo ..
well… air raider is a sup class so ….

That fucking mission. Might as well just take your best shotgun, because the shields are going to fuck you eventually if you use rockets/grenades. Playing as Wing Diver with the laser chainsaw made it so much easier. Fly up to Shield Bearer and chop that fucker up in 3 seconds.

Reload while rolling like a motherfucker.

Dodge like a motherfucker, ranger the most vulnerable class and you have to rely on your reflex and wits which makes it more fun and challenging

I dont think you know how to play air raider since its the most OP class after Lancer

You can do inferno solo as airraider and farm weapon all day

I played an EDF game several years ago, and it was janky and really unsatisfying to play. I was expecting some kind of tiny humans versus bug godzilla game with epic scope, but instead it was little 5 minute missions where you shoot a wave or two of ants.

Where are the missions where you have to try to destroy an enormous bug before it destroys the entire city - the more buildings you save the better. Did I just not stick with it long enough?

Shotguns are surprisingly really good against flying enemies
Definitely better than the fucking MLRA

The buildings wont ever matter and it looks like you played one of the first few missions, the giant enemies and huge waves come later.

because it s a 1 shot one kill on a circle AoE.
and since thoses drone have low range …

you should try lost planet

I had the same problem with lost planet.
Where are the games like this that focus on extended battle campaigns rather than tiny canned missions?
I want to start watching the monsters invade, and finish hours later after finally eradicating the final bug.

are you even sure you want to play a game or just enjoy le cinematic experience?

I WANT TO FUCK WING DIVER

like hunting ducks

The missions in 4.1 do get a little more diverse than mindless bug arenas, if only because of some very clever enemy placement where various types complement each other, and the way the storyline frequently ramps up the scale of the whole thing right up until the last fight. It doesn't mean every individual mission is long (though some later ones are longer, and others are structured as being single parts of an "operation"), but there is continuity of a kind if that helps.

Those aren't the only two options, user.
Just give me a huge city, fill it with monsters of various types and sizes, have them dynamically respond to the threat I represent and/or hunt me if I'm trying to sneak past, and have one or more giant monster bosses that are actively destroying the city or nesting within it somewhere.
Game ends when you exterminate all xeno life.

Imagine taking the map from Just Cause 2 and populating it with monsters from Monster Hunter. Every few kilometers there's a nargacuga or something, in between there's jaggies, and attacking the city is one of the elder dragons - and all you've got is a small jeep full of generic army dudes with standard issue weapons.
THAT is a game I'd like to play.

I do enjoy MonHun, so I'm not entirely opposed to the monster-arena type of game. I just don't like when they feel too cheap - like Killing Floor type stuff just feels worthless to me - a bunch of little enemies roaming around that you just shoot down, and none of them feel significant, and it never escalates above its initial scope, and it's over just as you're starting to get into it.
It's not continuity of story that I'm looking for, it's the feeling of threat progression coupled with battle engagements that last long enough to actually get invested in them rather than just mentally breaking the mission down into a schematic of how to score the most points.

its a fking allien invasion, not just some godzilla coming from nowhere and alone.
thus survival is the top priority, no one care if house get destroyed or skycraper colapse on a city where the civilian has been evacuated …

I should have said Cloverfield, then. The concept is the same in any case. I've seen enormous monsters in EDF pics, so I know there's godzilla-tier monsters somewhere there.
If the story is that the buildings are already empty, that's eh I guess. Why bother trying to kill the bugs with troops then? Why not just drop nukes on them with drones and call it a day?
I thought the whole point of going in personally with tiny-ass troops is that you're trying to save something, not just save yourself.

Clearly you haven't reach mission 67 yet

I bet there isn't a single goddamn mission that weapon is good for.

Now THIS looks interesting. Why isn't the whole game this? Why isn't level 1 this?

hole shet

(^: Because they didn't think the giant insects were actually back.

why should it be ? …

The sound in this game gives me a headache. They barely mixed it.

Its called progression, user. You start small, build up your stats and arsenal, then you're ready for the real thing. That youtube video isn't even the final mission.

Why most peoples suck so much as wing diver, it's not even hard to play.

I'll consider it!

halfway through the game most of civilians on earth are dead and at the end entire EDF force is just few people who survived long enough to meet the mothership attempting to deal the finishing blow

it stops being about saving civilians pretty quickly

The moment you have to keep track of more than 1 thing most normalfags go full retard

So, where's a good place to get this game for a poor fag like me? I plan to buy it soon enough so I can play online with friends

His horrendous turning speed, reload times and lack of spread makes him easy to overwhelm against high numbers, all others classes can easily bounce back. Sure, he can dash out of here, but every dash cancel is a munition, and thus one less dead target before the reload.

you clearly never played fencer right ….

Just pirate, no reason to support Steam or publishers that use it.

I get that. You should start seeing the magnitude of the threat, though. The first few hours of EDF feel like a cockroach exterminator instructional video.

gamestorrent.co/earth-defense-force-4-1-the-shadow-of-new-despair-codex.html

Okay, I can get behind that. If it was just that billions of people are evacuated and safe in magical shelters, it'd be lame as hell, but if they're all dead, that's kinda rad actually.

I use all my energy when I need it to charge faster, obviously not in the middle of insects or when I'm pursued.

is there any way to buy it right from these guys making is as of now?

Fencer place 2nd in easy mode class. If you have Javelin, its the most OP class out of them all because you can dash like sonic. its the only class that let you equip 4 weapon at a time.

I spam these every mission, work on bugs and airborne targets

Buy it on PS4, pirate on PC

Dude, my team was loosing (despite spamming Balams) till I switched to Fencer and told the AirRaider to get a beacon and mark for me.
Then I nuked the living shit out of Hectors like a boss and we won.

wrong.
You can lock 6 targets at once and fire 6 missiles. Both launcher have a tendency ot lock same targets.
Still great.

Watch the video

I use hat weapon constantly fam, I know how it works.

Each launcher has 6 missiles, each can lock and fire independatly. But in 99% cases, they will both lock on to the same targets. So you alternate, since reload time is long.

Are you retarded?

Anyone hosting ?

I'm guessing you mean spears, because the Javelin I see lets you rain down, well, javelins in a kinda weird arc I'm trying to figure out.

That lockon range is sexy though.

The only thing about this video that I don't like, is that there appears to be smooth jazz playing in the background. It should be either death metal or total silence, honestly.

No, I mean Javelin. It was supposed to be a weapon but instead became an infinite booster for Lancer. Video related, how to properly play as sonic lancer

Y'know, it's pretty clear he's likely talking about a lower level variant - most likely because he hasn't unlocked the FGX yet.

Do you even know what the word "netiquette" means? You don't have to be a cunt to someone just because you think you're right.

OH FUCK I HAVE IT

TIME FOR FAST

Did I hurt your feeling you fucking faggot? I also include a fucking youtube video showing the weapon that I'm talking about so its his fault trying to correct me while sounding like a smartass

Take that garbage back to whatever fucking hugbox you came from.

I don't even care if this is bait. Fuck off you humongous faggot.

damn I can't find a pirate to play with lately. it's almost dead

I don't know what you think you're trying to prove by insulting me, don't you feel pathetic butting in where you're not wanted?

I'd play it

Its different from spear booster, you have to constantly fire the javelin and dashing to get the boost. Dont worry though, the Javelin have 300 ammo count so you can continuously dash 300 times non stop, and can reload it if you low on ammo. Like I said, infinite booster

It'd all be fun and games until everyone's waifu gets ragdolled to death by a giant ant.

THIS IS FUCKING AMAZING. SPEAR + JAVELIN = FUCK EVERYTHING

Not sure if I should try a sword out though. I actually do have a Dynamo Sword like in the video, but the Vibro scythe things were awful to use. Is there enough difference to justify using it?

I still can't believe all the emotions you feel while playing EDF.

how the hell do I get people out of webs?

Shoot the webs.

BURN IT ! BURN EVERYTHING !

use fire

spam /a/ with gore until everyone leaves

Is there a way to play fullscreen borderless windowed?

I'm not sure if there is but if you are having trouble alt-tabbing you can first open up the Steam Overlay (Shift + Tab by default) and then switch window focus.

Blech. Someone needs to pop that kid's fingers.

If only Muv Luv were a game.

isn t it ?
last i checked it s a visual novel

interactive story are game …

Nah. It's time people stop stretching definitions.

I don't have steam.

Room going up for 90+ mission on normal, USA Central.

You can't play visual novels user. I'd kill for a MLA game where you control a squad of high school girls piloting TSFs and get sent on missions to remove baters and hear half of your forces get brutally murdered while you try to stay alive.

TSF Forefront never ever

when is edf getting a video game

Just unlocked a heli, a naegling, and a titan.

I see what people have been saying about the helicopter, it only you could actually aim the fucking machine guns.

The naegling is pure fucking bliss and the titan is an excellent stand in for a devastator. Wish it adopted your armor colors though.

Speaking of giant tanks EDF missed out on a great opportunity to bring in an OGRE continental assault unit.

when did our Holla Forums forget how to love?

so are you saying that point and click aren t game ?
that VN eroge aren t game ?
that the fact that you are playing game where your choice change the story and ending aren t game just because you folow a story without QTE?

dude … you are stupid

Choose your own adventure books aren't games user, they're books. Making them digital does not change this.

Point and click games =/= VN's

VNs are not games, you can freely discuss them on this board though but that doesnt make them vidya. I wouldnt call chris-chan a videogame either

It's time to stop posting you immense mongoloid

nowadays point and click games are called "hidden object games" and marketed towards girls

Does your country have dedicated shitting streets?

Kill yourselves

wanna be rape by a BETA here play : Muv-Luv Alternative Faraway Dawn

some VR:
store.steampowered.com/app/456570/

i m bored so i don t really care

VN are games because you can t play it if you just read it. you have to act and make choice and its animated you ignorant faggot.
same for point and click where you have to find and resolve puzzles.

are you saying Beyon two souls is not a game because there is near no gameplay?
well i guess it s just a giant cut-scene right ?

so you are saying VN are like books ?
then i guess for you movies are too… so i wont argue with a retard like you about this. the bait is really becoming too big for me.

VN are animated story with interactions/choicea bunch of themthat you have to make.
this is the base definition of a video game. something animated and interactive.

Sometimes you die in the weirdest places

So basically, choose your own adventure books?
Shit.

give me and example of animated book, let me laugh .

next post you may say movie are just animated script(books).

but thats accurate

Swap emails and make a date already, fags.

is it. does that mean movie are not movie then ?

VN, (like movies) are not books just because they tell you a story.
and video games arent movie just because they have cutscene

no, movies are called "talkies"

JUST

I just got a lysander z from an inferno mission. Are there any better snipers than that? My next goal is to get a better rocket launcher and assault rifle.

Come on. Come ONNNnnnn.

I've had to abandon a 40 hours save. It had a good bit of progress though, so i didn't delete the pirated version so i could play with pirate anons.

Nereids have auto target cannons, though they deal lower damage compare to bazelart's gattling, but you have to aim that and counter the forward movement you need to fire downwards.

As other anons said, rolling, alternatively keep a little bit shittier weapon that reloads quick for close range and reload once you are bit away from the sawrm, like an AR. Shotgun's are good against aerial drones, but insects and even hectors get blasted more by assault rifles, because it stunlocks insects and constantly pushes back hectors.

My personal favourite is the jackhammer because of the high fire rate and speed. BUT, you will ran out of ammo really quickly. I only use it when I have no choice but to fend off the bugs that come near me and then fuck off with my javelin to a clear spot and spam missile all day.

Here some trick to farm inferno weapon early in the game.

On the beach mission 26: Crimson. The ants on this mission dont have long range attack, use air raider and spawn a helicopter that have auto turret. hover just above the ants range of attack and just shoot them. If you dont have strong enough helicopter, try farming them on hard difficulty. Crimson is the go to place to farm inferno

You're a moron.
99% of VN's are "Choose your adventure book on a PC". Animated?
Again, 99% are still images with shaking and sound effects or some crap.

I'm new but are rangers any good? we have a class thats a tank, a class that can fly and a guy that can call down the thunder, rangers get…? what? two guns?

The positive in the rager is that they don't really have any weakness, and that their weaponry is very versatile and you'll have a weapon for every situation. Also the ability to heal npc soldiers that you have under your command will come in hand on later levels.

That's not the one I have, altough it uses the same 3D model.

You're still a faggot though.

Ranger is the hardcore class, only pleb use anything other than ranger

Pure retardation should be a crime

I remember when that was just called manners. Get off of your high horse, faggot.

I didn't see it fire 10 missiles in the video. Then again, I didn't watch the whole thing.
So sue me.

its clearly show 10/10 missiles you fucking dumbass

Now that I got to mission 30 or so, there's so much shit going on that my framerate shits itself. Is that normal?

Yes.

Back on the PS3 I got sub-20 fps even on the first mission.

I don't meant to tell you your business, but you should probably leave.

He's not the worst, just the most situational.

So what would happen if an Air Raider was to be paired with 3 Fencers each armed with 2 of those 50,000 damage missiles each?

Is this fan art? Source?

Lots of damage.

i know how you feel but remember:

it s summer

I destroyed the first mothership and got to the Earth Eater and then took a break.

Nigger I pirated the fuck of this game. Who the fuck has money in this economy?

When hosting user, pirated versiond doN't need it but legit copies are auto directed to the closest steam data center, so you need to set it to the hosts data center to play with them.

If you tilt your aim to the ground you can fire the javelins almost straight forward.

I use it to kill death queens.

You can also use shields to cancel instead of the javelin, using the secondary pulse wave thing. Ion shields and their variants work best for this.

Rangers are awesome, I main Fencer but ranger is a solid jack-of-all-trades class that ends up becoming a master-of-all kind of thing. Fencers have more raw firepower, Air Raiders have better support, and Wing Divers have more mobility, but Rangers can run and shoot at the same time with a wide range of weapons for just about any situation, and get the reversers too. When I play ranger I use a stinger with any secondary weapon, it almost feels OP since the stinger has maximum range, big power, and great AOE.

Air raiders need to carry more guide beacon guns/guide lasers. The beacons in particular turn multi-target missiles, like what rangers and fencers get, into monstrous single-target homing damage destroyers. If you use the Naegling then beacons are a must, unless you only plan on targeting masses of enemies.

EDF Anime?

You know those are the reduced files, right? Here's full size of the first four.

Sweet. Thanks

It's literally the amse image user.

no no, his images are very slightly smoother. its a little harder to tell because of the coloring book art style but if you open them up in 2 tabs and flip through them youll see

God, now I'm being reminded why I dropped that fucking botnet bloatted piece of shit

I can't see any difference

At this point might as well get a refund or contact support snicker

WOAHHHH penis!!!

for me, its easiest to notice around the blue sky and the green grass

holy shit

Quick! Someone catch it!

fuck U PENIS MAN!

any error messages?

"Your purchase is being processed", even though the money already came out of my bank account.

What country?

Brazil?

hue, ye

If you made your payment via Pagseguro, your purchase will be credited when Pagseguro pays Steam – usually, 6 AM of the next business day. Yould've used an international credicard, bud.

Blame UOL.

im not a licensed pokemon trainer

Your opinion is greatly appreciated.
did you try out the other classes? Try playing in harder difficulties to ramp the shit pushing in up, or just try and play the multi

Ok

Play on hard tbh

Is it just me or is the Fencer pretty useless relative to others?

The wingdiver outputs way more damage while being much more mobile (dashcancelling fencers are really fast but you can't make up for flight). Airraiders are better at area of effect attacks and tanking shit, their vehicles are way more resilient, output more damage, and by the time they are destroyed they can call in another, not to mention all the airstrikes.

Fencer is in some awkward place between the wingdiver and the airraider. Would be fine if the wingdiver was single target but they have plenty of AoE weapons that do massive damage and the jetpack to get into the perfect position to aim them.

Doesn't help that the only feasible way to play fencer (dashcancelling) goes against everything the fencer is supposed to be.

Thinking of pirating this, does the online work on the pirated version?

You have two sets of weapons, so you just keep one for heavy artillery and one for dash cancelling.
The Fencer's main strenght is that he's pretty much invencible against Hectors, Ants and Queen Ants(At least so far, I'm about 36 missions in), he literally CANNOT die against one of those if you have a decent shield.
Also, he may not have air mobility, but Reflector dash cancelling is certainly faster than wing diver if you're just looking to cover some distance.

Yeah, but you need some files and can only play with pirates

Fuck sake.

Anons usually post in threads to make pirate lobbies too.

Think i might just get the steam version if i'm honest. hate myself

Go back to Stage 2, play on Hard. Or, join online, and play on Hard. Hard drops right out of the gate a much more interesting variety of weapons.

Pirate it first, imo. See if it's good for you, and there are always atleas a 2-3 lobbies up in the pirated versions, or just post in the thread to get a lobby going. I'm sure some other anons will play with you. Just remember that your save will not carry over.
And after that if you want more then buy it.

I was going to do pirate it first tbh, i meant for playing online.

You'll find a lot more lobbies in the retail one, but you'll probably be switching download regions a lot to play with anons from the threads.
The multi is 100% the same in both though, it's just that pirated barely has any lobbies.

You fucking baka.

That like literally the only girl.

It just let me download it just now, aw yeah!
Time to GRIND ALL THAT SHIT AGAIN IN MISSION 11

You never see under Air Raider's or Fencer's masks

can you prove that there isn t girl in fencer power armor ?

You can see under the air raider's faceplate if you get knocked down/pass out though.

You can even sort of see through it on the equipment screen. He has no eyelids.

If you want to get technical, due to the nature of the game if there would be female fencers then they'd be made way more sexy.

Alright just started out fresh, I'll create a lobby soon, anyone wants to come with me?
Planning on Hard/Hardest, gonna run through the first few missions.
Download Server: USA:Miami
Room Name: VDF VDF!!!
Also, how do I put a passowrd?
Anyways, room's up

I'm trying to play fencer, didn't have any difficulty but I'm blocked on a mission in hard against drones : any way to deal with them ?

lots of reflecting and force blades are pretty decent

What the fuck could possibly be in W7 SP1 that makes this game work on my pc?

Isn't that shit just MS "security" features?

that aint a technical argument .

and how so ?the game is nto a korean mmo where class are sexy to eb sexy …
the only reason air diver are sexy is because "we sacrifice armor for mobility, so we are lightly armored"

i guess they would be naked with only their jet pack to be lighter if they could.
fencer is completly different

That's their arguement for displaying tits and ass though not backwards.
They could have made them wear not sexual skinsuits if they wanted to, but who are we kidding here.
Of course there is the anatomy question and that all fencer npc's have male voice, whereas all wing divers have female voices.
They haven't completely stated that they are all male unit, like they did with wing divers being all female, though but everything points to fencer being male.

What's your problem user? Did you pirate windows 7 by chance? Are 64 bit programs not running for you?

Legit copy, but I cracked it since microsoft wasn't accepting the fucking code that came with it. Old ass copy, too.

This is the only game I've had any problems running on this computer. Blender doesn't run either if that's helpful at all.

Friend of mine pirated it and it ran no problem on his, but he has SP1 installed. Not AMD either. Done everything else and that's the one thing I thought of that might cause it for whatever fucking reason. Shitty coding I guess.

Can piratefags join people as well?

pirate fags can play with other pirate fags, peruse the thread for instructions

benis

They sing along and only the men do that

This sound file plays.

Holy crap, no wonder I never see anyone on the lobbies Steam locks regions down to the city.

Do we have an official region besides 'Pirate'?

DEPLOY THE WING-LOLIS
Two red drones with one shot on Inferno.
Never Again.

No, we should vote or something to choose an official region to regroup it would be a great idea.

I nominate West Africa for no reason other than it being the last on the list of download servers.

This is fine but spiders in cave levels just always fucking kill me by shooting me from a nearby passage that has no connection to the passage i'm in.
It's usually goes like

Sound like a terrible idea.

Lets do this properly
poal.me/bz2etu

The lan servers would be nice.

I'm pretty sure that the servers aren't actually used for the multiplayer, just to organise the lobbies.

You can just add the option if you want, I kept it open. Something that turnedout to be a terrible idea, as Rhodesia isnt a valid region.

What?

My dropdown has Russia and Romania, but not Rhodesia.

IMPORTANT VOTE FOR CHOOSING A SERVER

poal.me/bz2etu

(for more visibility)

Lan Event doesn't sound bad since there is no normalfags playing on it.

Honestly, I'm okay with normalfags. They are like barely more intelligent, higher-powered NPCs.

.. is there a filter in place that forces me call people normalfags?

Sorry, I am late. Muh nigga

N-o-r-m-i-e-s come from reddit since fag is "offensive" so it's not a bad thing.

They are fucking cancer, got kicked from a game for saying nigger, fuck them.

Meh. Both are silly. But hey, a host of his game, (and a boss of his board), is the master of his home and all that.

Honestly, you should take this as one more hint that you aren't really welcome here, faggot.

Kill yourself b2aa32.

Well let's grab some Fal's and put on some shorts!

How do I set up my mic for this game?

If it works within the Steam chat, it will work in the game. You can test and mess with the settings on Steam itself.

Thanks.

Doesn't the mic for EDF have to constantly be on though, no push to talk?

Yes. Better hope the mic itself has a mute switch on it.

Steam itself has a Push to Talk option that needs to be turned on (open mike is the default setting) but honestly, the people who need PTT are NOT the people asking about how to turn it on.

EDF!
EDF!
EDF!
Goddang, I love playing fencer

help

Patch your game
facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1485444&p=50746058&viewfull=1#post50746058

I'm also crashing on start up on my Intel i7-4770. Tried the patch and it doesn't work. At this point, I might just refund the game if an official patch doesn't come out soon.

you try updating your gfx drivers and making sure you meet the minimum requirements?

Try disabling Hyperthreading, since you're both using i7s. Without more information that's the best suggestion I can offer.

how ? i m using the crack codex version and had no issue

are you using adm ?

I wish EDF was on linux

Anyone want to play or I must do it with normalfags ?

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little ant? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Storm team, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Ravagers, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in insect warfare and I’m the top ranger in the entire EDF. You are nothing to me but just another giant insect. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with invading the earth? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of wing divers across the earth and your hive is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your planet. You’re fucking dead, ant. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my fire cracker. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Earth Defense Force and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the planet, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” invasion was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking troops. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, ant.

How the hell do I handle crowds with fencer? Missiles work at longe range but they are useless once shit gets close.

I wish it was on anything other than Steam.

DUAL JACKHAMMER

Swords work well, hammers work a bit better in open fields.

But I lose either my go fast dash cancel or any sort of ranged combat if I go with two melee weapons.

Why would you need to go fast when everything is dead?
If you want to fast and melee then javelin and vulcan hammer, just dart in and out and circle the swarm while shitting nuclear explosions, you'll do a ton of damage, rarely get hit, and the hammer provides 50% defense just in case bad things happen. Downside is they aren't dual jackhammers.

This shit wouldnt even be ported if that wasnt the case.

shotgun + lance dash cancel.
you use shotgun and then you will dash + kill one by canceling with the lance until you finish reloading your shotgun.
then empty your lance so that you use your shotgun while lance is reloading
repeat

is there any reason to get this on pc? I own it on ps4 and i'm just genuinely curious if there's something this version has over the original. Sorry is this question has been asked before on other threads (which i'm sure it has) I just see these threads and get kinda jealous that no one was posting about edf this much when ps4 version came out.

mouse aim
60fps

mouse aim. i really can t see how one can play with controller when the aim is not associate with the camera …

On pc you can actually play the game without random slow-motion Matrix bullet time

Holy fuck consoles are complete shit

Love this game so far, sadly I am a poor fag and must wait to play online it seems. I hope this game still has players around my level when I get the cash to buy it

better performance, more input options, free mutliplayer, mods

Hulk mod when

Look at this poser.
Look at him and laugh.

I manage it with flashing spear dash cancels, since you can actually move a bit while shooting if you do it out of a dash.
Hand gatlings work well in most cases too, especially UT series ones.

You're going to love missions 60 and 61.

There is a way to play online with a pirated copy

1) Download this shit

mega.nz/#!oxZkVJrK!UnghkMURcERCBXaOS2zxcumNh3l6hv5ilmT-PXGi7QA

2)Extract it all on your EDF4.1 folder, replace steam_api64.dll

3)Open SmartSteamEmu, and drag EDF41.exe onto it, make sure that "Status of steam_api.dll" makres steam_api64.dll as verified.

4)Type "410320" into Game App Id, then press save.

5) Go to File > Settings, set SteamID to "PersonaName" and Name to whatever you want to be displayed as to other people. Hit save and you're done setting up. Right click on EDF's icon if you want to make a shortcut without needing to open SSE.

6) Start the game and go into the online mode and after a minute lobbies should appear. You can also use Shift+Tab to use invites and what not. Some lobbies work and some others don't, not sure what the deal is, but you're not actually paying for the game so don't complain. It works perfectly in-game.

-

2 important things:

Of course, if you have been playing it as admin, it wont detect the save files after turning admin off, and i dont know how to transfer them without getting corrupt save errors.

Anyway, thats what i have been using and it works, but the lobbies you see are different from the Steam ones

300 kills?

Try 300,000 kills.

Bumparoony

Fuck.

game grinding to a halt on complete annihilation of anything of screen was EDF series staple

Kill me

Another mission - the one where you hunt down a transports ship droping ants in the hills, with shield bearers

sauce me on this here cat bitch bruh

Fucking AI, if its not reflecting an electric weapon its stepping in front of an explosive weapon.

Welcome to the glorious EDF, soldier!

Not true

For the queen, you got to get in there so she doesn't block the entrance with acid.
A wing diver basically draws attention of the queen and ants away from the entrance, so other forces can move in.

Also LOL at the fencer "this armor can withstand acid".
The entire force at full HP, gone in seconds. Are friendly NPC's weakened? I want to know their stats!

Balam-chan and Proteus-chan would like to have a word with you

If I recall they are meant to have a resistance to it but I don't think it was ever coded in.

Daily reminder that you are a nigger, and Fencer is the best class

Only issue I found is that my big high-altitude multilock missile launcher's rockets hit the ground if my computer lags, killing me instantly.

Different weapon. The one he's talking about can lock on ten, per weapon.
It's also a fucking piece of shit, because the game lags and the missiles hit the ground. At least for me.

Shield Bearer a cute!

that s heresy ! xeno arent cute !

what are the translations? i can't read moonrunes

What is the bet the Ravagers turn out to really be a race of angsty space loli's?

Weapon drops aren't full random. You can play the last maps on inferno, but that woN't unlock lesser weapons. each level range and difficulty has a weapon pool. You could gather 100 weapon boxes but if yo udeplete the pool you won't get anything new. Go to weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/?p check every weapon you have then hide checked items and then view spawn mission info. That wasy you can see where you need to go to.

Meh, too slow, good weapons tho
Holy Fuck

Inferno with 550 armor is hell

The only good thing about Fencer is using the melee weapons and pretending you are in Dynasty Warriors.

they must have some kind of hidden stat like 1% to killing you on fire

Same here. I developed the habit to jump, and hit Fire while ascending so they'd deploy at the peak.

Not as effective overall, I admit, but still

Don't think the ranger really outpaces it with simple dakka, myself, but then I could be wrong. It certainly feels more power.

It seems to link with lag for me. My computer isn't that great.

No, the ranger does not in terms of bullet Dakka.

The ranger does have great dumbfire missles, shotguns and FAST RELOAD. Why does that matter?
Because you can kill hectors with your starter gun by just stun-locking it to death. Also, shotguns work great against drones, because the idiots like to fly in your face.

Fencer weapons suffer from long spin up or recovery times, compared to damage delivered.
The flamers have a 5-6 second spin-up time. That's UTTER GARBAGE. NEVER, EVER USE!
Hand canons are mostly shit, your heavy missiles are god-like and with an Air Raider partner that can guide them, you can kill bug swarms too. (but dual mortars are for insect killing).

that said, some weapons are utter and compelte shit that NO ONE should ever, EVER use. I'm talking about the "you can't reload" or ONE SHOT WEAPON shit.
The ranger has one laser rifle that fires a "super powerful" 4500 dmg shot and desintegrates.

Nonsense, they are awesome if you learn how to use them properly.

The Ranger has a grenade launcher that fires 10, 1000 damage grenades that bounce around randomly.

It's the greatest level of Dakka known to man

Cute

Serious Sam reskin when?

Serious Sam and Storm Team trade places.
How fucked/saved is the respective world(s)?

I like the hand cannons for sniping hectors. It fires fast when you dash cancel with it.

where's the rest of these.

Slow downs aren't there , you have the ability to mod it plus the k+m combo which is always there for PC games and free multiplayer but other than that would I say that you waste money if you can't get it for a good price or someone is gifting it to you.
Don't get emotional user yes it's kinda biased here but thats how it is ( it helps to prevent system war shit slinging kinda which was one of the things that ruined cuck Holla Forums from inside so be glad that we don't have to suffer from those threads) . Keep your cool and just enjoy the fact that Sandlot will hopefully get enough money with the PC port to create another EDF titel and hopefully will they finaly get these slowdowns out.

I just managed to extract all files, gonna poke around and maybe I can do some simple texture replacements and see if the game even loads after recompressing them

If anyone cares here's the tool to work with cpk files: github.com/wmltogether/CriPakTools

and continues here

I don't really see much the point in most the weapons, personally, when you have a 400 damage three-round-burst machinegun that can fire decently fast, especially when paired with a second.
But that's just me. Also leaves me out of a long range weapon.

poal.me/7q6sq4

EDF?

Does anyone know if the power and guard guns stack their effects like the plasma gun does? I don't think they do, but I am not certain and figured I should ask.

I don't think so, I've doubled up on guard nodes on my vehicles before and they don't seem to become nigh immortal.

There any shortcuts for voice commands? Just got the game two days ago, trying to perfect my motivational speeches/choir rehearsals.

There's a wheel you can bind shit to, it's mapped to ctrl by default and you can change the lines on it from the game settings menu.

The game started off as a lighthearted budget movie script with bugs and kaiju and ayylmaos and shit and it finishes off with the same feeling I got from the ending of Reach.

Holy fuck, why did nobody tell me about this thing?
It just tears through swarms like hot butter. Pretty much perfect.