Wurm Unlimited

Let's play some fucking Wurm Unlimited.

BROPICO EDITION

The server is looking for new people

We currently have a solid 25 player base
it's completely free. No level restrictions, plus boosted rates compared to Wurm Online.

6x Action speed, and 3x Skill gain speed

New client:
mega.nz/#!CFhzyTwA!9iODdZa5ICE1k9xsnZ7q8oMlzoUCHGz87StMlVkOEas

Torrent Hash:
700bbcc83d0abdda15c072c7d53779becc9ffec6

MAKE SURE TO EDIT YOUR== ==GAMESETTINGS.TXT, YOU HAVE TO DO== ==THIS

WurmUnlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\configs\default

use_nagles_algorithm from false to true

chat_censor from true to false

copy gamesettings.txt to your player profile folder just to be on the safe side

IP Address 167.114.156.149
Port 3774

Q: "I don't know how to play! What do I do?"
A: wurmpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page

Latest News

* Dragons running amok.

* All non MR guard towers disappeared, lack of deeds blamed.

*Treasure chests are taunting innocent explorers by promising riches, but staying locked.

Other urls found in this thread:

wurmpedia.com/index.php/Village_recruitment_board
wurmpedia.com/index.php/Demise_spells
wurmpedia.com/index.php/Category:Enchantment_spells
forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/136575-released-improved-compass-no-winter-better-tooltips-custom-actions-max-toolbelt-time-lock-updated-apr-25/
wurmpedia.com/index.php/Lava_fiend
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump.

Do you think there will ever be a game like Wurm that's actually polished and running on an engine that isn't potato?

Tfw running the game on debug mode with hotswap for super fast mod development

panic.jpg

watch out for the gotsts

i also forgot to post a screenshot in last thread to prove we weren't cheesing the serpent, if anyone even thought we did

Richfag, are you still in hospital? Are you dead?
Will the treasure chests eternally haunt me?

my livemap now shows "horse-pathable" tiles

[19:52:56] Chefexcellence tries to bandage the wound with a cotton but fails.

WORRY

is it possible to create a client side mod for a larger active render distance? Or is that something that's handled serverside?

on the livemap? you don't receive that info, it would probably be possible to use the low rez distant terrain though

I meant in general. Things like loading structures/players/enemies at a much further distance. I realize the system requirements increase exponentially but it'd be nice to have some kind of super-settings that could be enabled through a mod.

you don't receive that info from the server, can't be done

curses.

radar now also find arrows, even if the range is shit

that took a complete lack of respect for private fields

That looks useful, I spent nearly a whole real day trying to get my cart unstuck once. Pretty hard to gauge what will be walkable or what will have your cart sticking ass up in the air suddenly.

Do we even have a single Fo follower on this server?

i know 3, 4 if i count myself.

I think we've got some Fo followers, not sure about Fo priests though. Which is a damn shame as they have the best support spells in the game.

I wonder if GMs can set people to being a priest, if they have 30 faith.
I'd just like to get unique slaying going but we need Fo priests for area healing. That and a Mag priest for mass stamina. On Mol Rehan that is.

GM's can indeed set people to be priests, Richfag has been doing that to make priests since the big altars don't work

How do you do this?

By wasting your time learning Java.

15 lines of code, that one I won't share no matter what, would break the game

Yet you keep posting about it.

yes
learn java, it's fun

Alright Java shill, where do I start?

google

Alright, I am back home now, someone give me a lowdown of things I need to do.

I had a think while in my hospital bed about the deeds things, and without faction towers and guards then it's not fair to have such a high aggressive amount of creatures so I will be bringing in free deeds but keeping upkeep.

please tell me how much money I have on bank, I will PM you ingame

Don't make any important decisions if you're on meds.

An alternative is to simply increase the rewards from bounties, so that people can realistically go out and expect to fund their deeds via hunting.

Even if the bounties were 10x what they are now, that'd still put the most valuable kills at around 10 copper each. This'd give people a way to not only fund deeds, but farm currency to spend on other things from the traders.

3x at most, please

people must understand that rods of transmutation are not things you can just buy willy nilly

At 10 copper a kill, that's still 500 kills to get a transmutation rod.

and that thing is 9999x99QL iron

y'all realize some people drained the traders on the old server so hard they literally have 1.2g in their bank and can buy anything they want already, right?

The only person I know who had that much already stopped playing. I know a HoTShead had quite alot aswell, dunno how much though.

500 kills for that sounds fair.

I really like that change. I would ask for a higher spawn rate of entry level monsters to fight, more bears, crabs, wolves and rats. Once you get done reaching 20FS against the practice dolls finding anything else is a huge undertaking. Everything within miles is dead and anything further is lava spiders and leviathans.

OR VENERABLE WHITE DRAGON HATCHLINGS

Lava spiders only require about 30FS if you have good gear.

deeds still cost money

Glad it's not just me getting that. I was worried that founding a deed on the last server excluded me from getting a free one here.

All the tents around the village make it look like a refugee camp

The server is coming down in ten minutes because for some reason the fucking Free settlements hasn't turned on

Status report?

"You do not have the required 7 silver and 21 copper available in your bank account."

that's with all the default settings.

That's not how it works. The free deed creation is meant to fund the absolute minimum settings and nothing more.

Didn't something like that happen on the last restart aswell?

I'm running out of goals as a alchemist hermit in the woods, anybody have a goal to give me?

240L of 80+ QL red dye

[11:41:08] Venerable tortoise is now submissive to your will.

IT BEGINS!

What do you plan to use it for?

Arming the Bropico self defense force.

By the time the Tortoise gets to the enemy, they will already build a catapult.

Also go build some ballista's if you want a great defense, you can kill a single chainmail peasant in 3 shots majority of the time.

I havent played for a while. Is it still the same town as before with the deforested hillside behind it?

Nope, this is a new server, managed by Richfag.

Now I don't know if I want to autist grind back to where I was.

Well the epic curve is enabled, so you will surpass whatever you got on WRC pretty quick.

Wont take fucking forever to become a lowly blacksmith that can make shitty plate armor?

No, with the epic curve on, it's a lot faster than WRC

Are there any roles that need to be filled?

In Bropico, you can do whatever role you want!
As long as you are in the Freedom Isles faction ofcourse.

There are enough people for multiple factions/towns?

It is in my best interest to attract new players to Bropico, so i can't give you an unbiased opinion on that, also i don't know how the population is in the MR place.

Well I spawned in freedom, Which direction to Bropico?

Send me a PM ingame /tell Trenhal *message*

I sent you a PM. Also cant find the stuff im supposed to edit. In the defaults file it just says default. Was I just supposed to add those lines?

Verd and his shit alts should hang
underhanded ebin pvp-griff needs stop being a thing. and altfaggotry should be punished.
also what the fuck is happening to my gate perms, seems even when I triple check to make sure things are alright ill wake up to find the perms wiped.

permissions don't get "magically wiped" m8, sounds like you fugged up

it's censor_chat in mine…
Perhaps this should be edited next thread.

why do we fuck with use_nagles_algorithm again?
Wasnt it supposed to (((reduce lag))) in the ruskie server of all places?

I just lazily copy-pasted the previous op with minimal work put into making it look good.

But yes that should be fixed in the next op.

I'm a newfag. What do I do in the tutorial area? I can't find the portal and I'm next to the soulfall stone making kindling and planks like a mongoloid.
I'm on the freedom isle kingdom

How do I know if I'm autistic enough for this game?

If you've ever played minecraft, dwarf fortress or Terraria you are autistic enough. If you are a slinky fucking kleptomaniac, you'd fit right in. If you like ruining other peoples' good time by being a cheeky cunt, you're golden.

if you read through the WHOLE list, there's actually two lines of code in every settings.txt file

There is a censor_Chat and Chat_Censor
Give it a look.

Also no idea why deeds aren't free, I can not understand it for the life of me, even after two restarts I'm looking at this fucking ticked box saying Free deeds

should I have changed both?
Will the game run fine without it?

Change both yes
Run without them? Fucked if I know

Yeah but you can't say 'nigger'.

Got frustrated with the game and gave up.
Made a camp fire and a bunch of wooden planks but I can't see the point, I was just walking around the soul stone trying to contact someone to no avail.

Keep trying, the game is not meant to be easy but once you get to a place where you can do one thing with autistic magnificence, things get real comfy real quick.

I think its worth

There needs to be an easier way to find a town than just happening upon a post that says where one is.

Is it possible to set up a spawn area? I just spawned on the side of a mountain, got stuck in some trees, fell down and hurt myself, foraged for a while for cotton to fix the wound, then made my way to the coords in the post in the last thread.
If I didn't have coordinates to a town I wouldn't have played the game very long, I think.
If you could set up a spawn area, there's a village recruitment object in the game that would simplify the process: wurmpedia.com/index.php/Village_recruitment_board

what kingdom did you pick?

Mol Rehan.

the big MR town is at like 1600, 1400 or around there. be sure to use that compass co-ordinate mod. i find it easiest to suicide and respawn at "The Meadows" spawn point then walk from there

on 500, 3200 i guess is another MR town, but you need a boat to get there
(if you are autistic enough, you could dig lots of dirt and make a bridge through the ocean)

dats no good, thats the future pvp island, you're gonna get shrecked

That's pretty metal.

You are fucked.

So how the hell do you find clay?

Along the coast.

what about freedom?

still no village tailor to make me shit.

So the settings button on the launcher and in game doesn't work. Is there any other way to adjust audio?

I asked this before, apparently the settings don't work with a pirated game. You're shit out of luck user

Looks like it. Tried editing the sound value in console.playername and it does fucking nothing

Add on to this not only does it do nothing but it just changes the value back to 1 no matter what. Save it at 0 all you want but fuck you and whatever you want to listen to heres some blaring generic fantasy music.

Which village? I'm thinking of starting to do tailoring in lake chefchigan

Lake Chefchigan I need a nice cloth set preferably with a cloth shirt and wool hat.

I'm still pretty shit, only at about 10-15 tailoring right now

I can bring you cotton and shit hmu in village chat sometime.

Does this game run in wine/Linux?

this is what steam says but idk.

This has taken me hours and not a single other person has been on in freedom. Come join freedom you shits.

Does PvP even happen now? Why have multiple factions still?

Was anyone able to plant a deed without paying for it yet?

No, currently its not working for some stupid reason despite serverside options having "free_deeds = true"

theres also an ingame option to enable it with whatever password you use (?) which you can find under /help which might work.

Hey nepgear, you may not want to leave your settlement walls anytime soon

That… is not a bad idea, I will be attempting that one now

What is the action exactly? Can you type it up for me

There's Haven and Hearth I think it was called, which is similar but 2d and isometric instead.

Blame Notch for being such a shit programmer.

Fate is great.

Native Linux, no unless you are planning on buying it.
Wine, probably. It's just a shitty java game.

Why blame him? It was like 10 years ago when he last worked on the game.

Because he originally programmed the game, dipshit.

Newbie aggro range in action.

If they can't fixed the problems he may or may not have caused, it's not his fault, by this point.

That's a comfy looking place. If I ever get mine finished I'll post pics aswell.

[02:14:10] /setfreedeeds - Toggle free deed creation on or off.

Thankings

I will be making some starter/spawn deeds for the kingdoms, but i need names for them.
Brainstorm time go!

For everyone who just got kicked, sorry about that, apparently setting the admin password resets all the things

Does anyone have any clue as to why our server shows up in the server list as having 0 players all the time?

If you use these free deeds to nig people, expect an IP ban

Aside from that, batton down the hatches, incoming restart

[20:36:57] You leave Johannesburg.

Feels goodman

I am having trouble connecting, did something happen?

Something's up, I can't connect either.

Mol Rehan = Cook Holde, Snake Castle, Hatchlington

Hots = Cape Mushroom, Black Keep, Iron Mountain, DeathHearth, EdgeVillage

John Kellog = Ghost Town, Spicey Quay, Bongopolis, Seryllius, Greenington

Freedom = Congo, Dingalicious, Fort Pineapple, Jermanee, WeWuz Island, Hawk eye bluff.

Hey, What about the sparsely populated Bropico in Freedom?

He said Starter/ Spawn Deeds.

We have about the same active players as Cheftown

Two?

Can you connect yet Tren? I'm still stuck on connecting to server.

[12:24:50 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Lag detected at Zones.pollnextzones (0.5): 6.106 seconds

[12:24:50 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Elapsed time (6106ms) for this loop was more than 1 second so adding it to the lag count, which is now: 66

Its spamming this, any ideas?

Nope, can't connect

Server Ram is running at 104% percent constantly

SABOTAGE FROM JEALOUS FAGS!

ten to fifteen?

and for the record, Bropico has 5 players currently.

I haven't begun acively recruiting yet.

Also richfag remember them "naturally" generated village trader conditions you told us about? I think chefchigan meets them. we have a small 1x1 hut built special for him.

I doubt that… It can't be Ddos right, it would be giving me IP addresses then

Yeah yeah yeah, WHEN we can log on I'll get right on that

Literally all I changed was the price of setting up deeds

12:38:18 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.MeshSaver: Finished saving 10 rows for 'SurfaceMesh', which took 30231.771 millis.

Exception in thread "Timer-4" Exception in thread "Timer-5" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.expandCapacity(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.ensureCapacityInternal(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.append(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.StringBuilder.append(Unknown Source)

at com.wurmonline.server.statistics.Statistics.run(Statistics.java:81)

at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)

at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

[12:40:13 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.MeshSaver: Finished saving 10 rows for 'SurfaceMesh', which took 18198.941 millis.

[12:44:37 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.MeshSaver: Finished saving 10 rows for 'SurfaceMesh', which took 6129.677 millis.

[12:45:46 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.MeshSaver: Finished saving 10 rows for 'SurfaceMesh', which took 6033.32 millis.

[12:47:50 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.MeshSaver: Finished saving 10 rows for 'SurfaceMesh', which took 6022.969 millis.

Pajeet IT pls halp, why is it chewing up so much memory now

Need more ram

Try changing the deed price to 1 iron it might have issues if you set it to 0.

There is no "Set price" it's free or its default price

If you have a backup thats relatively recent try loading it up.
might have to just get codenigger to make animals have a semi decent bounty.

Most recent update was directly after I updated the server, last one was while I was in hospital 3 days ago

I really need to make backups before I change shit, not after, I wish I wasn't retarted

J U S T

The server was working fine directly after you updated it. The issue only seemed to occur after a number of deeds had been created. Can you not make a copy of the most recent update, boot it up, remove the deed changes and see if it stays stable as if nothing happened?

Or at the very least attempt to slavage as much of the up-to-date data as possible, i.e player skills.

You're right, it was alright directly after the change

Did you change any network settings?

Not a single fucking thing, just added an admin password and turned free deeds on

Checked forums, apparently it's because not enough Ram, it hovered around 74% usually before, but with the advent of new settlements must be chewing up more ram than I'd like,

ty spaghetticode.jar

I'm purchasing the next slot up of ram which will give us 5gig instead of 4.

Before you do, backup
for gods sake do a backup

I did

You know 10gb is the recommended for large maps right?

Also check your Java is the right version for your OS I heard running the 32bit Java on a 64bit OS uses tonnes of memory.

10gig hurr dur, i did not know this, if this doesn't work, that's where I'll be going

I gotta stop trying to fix shit, I swear to kek

Check back tommorow, the support team is all asleep serverside so I can't either get my ram bumped up nor can I access my backups.

That is a fucking pisser.

We appreciate you richfriend.

Rip in rip server.

I needed a break anyways.

tomorrow we will return with vengeance.

When does fichrig's 'tomorrow' begin? I'm jonesing, boys, I'm jonesing.

never

Relax I am here, apparently 5 gigs is not enough, but apparently the server has a backup each day four days back from now.

Would you all like to reset to the second day, or would you like to try and bump up the ram to 10?

10 will cos more money, but its honestly time that you're waiting which is more valuable.

Rollbacks suck ass, but at the same time I don't want to spend more of your money. I can take the rollback if it saves some money and that's a concern but if you're so loaded it's a drop in the bucket I'd say the RAM.

Whichever causes less trouble for you since you're already putting yourself out to keep the server up while going in and out of the hospital.

[03:14:18 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Elapsed time (98606ms) for this loop was more than 1 second so adding it to the lag count, which is now: 708

Jesus christ, that action took 98 seconds.

Alright, I'm bumping up to eight then
Lets hope the serb cant be hungry for any more..

I seriously think it might be a memory leak, but support says large map, large player base or a large amount of creatures can all cause this problem.

Is there any way to automate a save/restart of the server? Might help if it's a memory leak, right?

Okay, 8 gig is as high as their selection goes. I hope its enough

[05:00:41 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Items: Current number of eggs is 35 (max eggs is 1000) That took 198.1378 ms.

I remember us only having 1 egg.. What happened I wonder… And what the fuck is an egg

the dragons are breeding

God help us.

I'm assuming the server is still down. If we do end up having to revert to a backup can we atleast copy the player files to an older map, to limit the loss of progress?

You really want me back in the files? Really?

You copied the player files between this server and the last just fine, right? Meaning you've performed that process before, but it's your server and your call.

All I ask is that once you start up the server again, please give us a 15x action speed for a bit in order for us to rebuild what we lost.

Also thanks for keeping the server running so far, you've been a pretty great hostfag.

No, that's lame. We can rebuild and we can do it at normal speeds.

he did and we all lost our inventories

Just another day in wurm unlimited.

I'd rather lose inventory than skill gains

i'd rather lose nothing

So would I but as grandpa said, shit in one hand and wish in the other, you'll see which one fills up faster.

I think… the server is fine now… I just needed more ram

REPEAT

No rollbacks

NO MORE changes serverside, I swer on me mam, turning ON settlements moved ram usage from 3 gigs to 6

Praise kek.

I don't know what possessed me to say 15x, I meant to say 8x action speed. A one day boost of 8x action speed would less worsen the blow among us hermits with not much of a history and little manpower.

praise be richfig

Since no rollbacks happened, this doesn't matter anymore.

Thank you richfag.

Good.

are you sure it was settlements and not the 700000 mobs that have now spawned everywhere?

It's running at 97% almost constantly, don't do anything dumb to induce lag like collapsing a mine.

I'm gonnaa see if I can get them to download 10 gigs instead JUST as a buffer, I kinda like this new Mob filled world, What say you? Is it too much?

Welp Bropico is now uninhabitable. Trolls and giant wolfs are everywhere and the guards will not attack them.

So this is war.

I started my manor wall but there are two or three trolls and a giant wolf wandering around it.

RICHFAG PLEASE DO NOT DELETE THESE MOBS

Such is life for HOTSfags I guess

OOOH, I know whats wrong, I must have accidently written 400k instead of the 40k the spawn cap was originally at.. THATS where all the lag has come from…

Silly me.

GM's can't hear you if you don't talk in global

He's going to have to.

If we wanted a denser mob population we should have had him pick a smaller map, not a 4x larger one.

May have to reduce the pop cap to 350k instead… Shouldn't be too much of a change

Unless I can get that 10 gig I asked for

How much RAM is in the server at the moment?

Scratch that, I'm fucking blind.

Hit 100.1% then 0, gg, culling creature cap by 50K, which is roughly how many creatures were on the server originally, you won';t miss them, RIP in peice

I just got disconnected, was that you doing your thing? Can I reconnect now?

Give me a second

this is the most fun i've had in a while

Alright, my understanding is that the creatures will stay at 400k but none will spawn until there's less than 349,999, please cull some creatures.

[deus vults internally]

I'd also be happy to TP anyone wanting to get in on the troll culling.

Holla Forums versus the Trolls commence!

GOD FUCKING DAMNIT

God damnit, of course this shit fucking happens while I'm at work.

Hows it look at lake chef? Is there a holocaust happening?

we've rallied the milita and are making steady progress protecting the village.

Is it looking like this is gonna last a few hours at least?

def

we're managing

Whoever manages the main kingdom, could you make the "No" kingdom allied?

PvE so nobody can ally any kingdoms or be kingdom rules

Oh, well any way to leave the current faction. Nobody in "No" can enter the city.

yeah, convert to another faction

THE GREAT ESCAPE

We take refuge in the mine, but we are surrounded by a horde of (((trolls))).

wew

REMEMBER THE 6 GORILLION TROLLS

THE GREAT SHOAH OF OUR TIME.

Here's Nepgear's place, as of when I was coming back from my mountain pilgrimage. The poor bastard.

never 5 get

I dealt with the cave, so more won't spawn.
I don't really care since I've got everything I need in my wall.

He killed his own horses cos someone killed his only female.

fucking dicks

I guess you cant hermit your life up in this bitch.

Any HOTShot settlement I can join?

Which faction were you on? If it was freedom isles then the tower wasn't destroyed, it got deleted due to a bug. As for the rest of it, there's no chance that wasn't intentional.

Your tower disappeared cos of a bug bro.

Did I do something wrong or do I just have to keep walking and hope I find a town?

I am HOTS, but eh if its a bug I guess someone just came along while exploring and decided to fuck up my now unprotected fields.

Every guard tower that did not belong to MR got nuked due to the server thinking all the other Kingdoms were defeated, because they had no deeds.
That has been fixed, i am reimbursing any guard towers that got poofed, just give me your name and i will scoot on over and give you all the materials to make a new tower, can't spawn in a tower for you, because that is a bit buggy.

As for the Bropico situation, i am going to remove all the trolls inside Bropico, and their mounds, but i will leave the bears, wolves and cavebugs.

Anyone have a settlement that is over run by tough mobs they can not handle themselves, or with guards, leave your name here and i will come take a look at it after i am done cleaning up Bropico.

Game choked, needed a restart

[10:43:32 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures: Destroying aged cave bug, 139936161120001 at cave 683, 3332 - overcrowded.

[10:43:32 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures: Destroying venerable cave bug, 139958692921089 at cave 1609, 1358 - overcrowded.

[10:43:32 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures: Destroying aged cave bug, 139958709698305 at cave 1609, 1358 - overcrowded.

[10:43:33 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures: Destroying old cave bug, 139972936777473 at cave 1629, 3549 - overcrowded.

[10:43:33 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures: Destroying old cave bug, 139972953554689 at cave 1629, 3549 - overcrowded.

[10:43:33 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures: Destroying aged cave bug, 139976761982721 at cave 1040, 274 - overcrowded.

[10:43:33 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures: Destroying aged cave bug, 139993723748097 at cave 2411, 356 - overcrowded.

[10:43:33 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures: Destroying young cave bug, 139993740525313 at cave 2411, 356 - overcrowded.

[10:43:33 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures: Destroying mature cave bug, 140002296905473 at cave 1593, 1426 - overcrowded.

[10:43:33 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures: Destroying adolescent cave bug, 140006105333505 at cave 1172, 4567 - overcrowded.

[10:43:33 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures: Destroying venerable cave bug, 140018302369537 at cave 689, 737 - overcrowded.

[10:43:33 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures: Destroying adolescent cave bug, 140018319146753 at cave 689, 737 - overcrowded.

[10:43:33 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures: Destroying venerable cave bug, 140018872794881 at cave 1604, 1363 - overcrowded.

[10:43:33 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures: Destroying aged cave bug, 140018889572097 at cave 1604, 1363 - overcrowded.

[10:43:33 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures: Destroying old cave bug, 140024912592641 at cave 1611, 1208 - overcrowded.

[10:43:33 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures: Destroying aged cave bug, 140024929369857 at cave 1611, 1208 - overcrowded.

[10:43:33 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures: Destroying aged cave bug, 140026288324353 at cave 1209, 4509 - overcrowded.

[10:43:33 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures: Destroying old cave bug, 140026305101569 at cave 1209, 4509 - overcrowded.

[10:43:34 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures: Destroying aged cave bug, 140028419030785 at cave 1167, 397 - overcrowded.

[10:43:34 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures: Destroying aged cave bug, 140028435808001 at cave 1167, 397 - overcrowded.

anyone on who can point me in the direction of the town? just started a character in freedom isles.

Lake chefchigan has an extreme troll infestation and I'm not sure we can deal with it without a few hours of concentrated effort on the part of the whole village, is there a a spawner or is what the whole map is like right
now?

There's a lot of trolls sure, but they are outside the walls, you can manage this if you rally.
Crusading is fun, remember that.
Also i did remove the troll mounds, just in case.

I did remove the trolls right outside the walls and the buildings outside

PM Trenhal and if hes on you can join Bropico. We need more people.

Oh i am online now, on my GM alt though, PM TrustyTren if you need to get invited to Bropico

Alright, dunno if you guys are interested, but I did research into enchants and the maximum amount of item based enchants a single person can have, is 8, most of which can be put on a weapon.

An "Elemental" enchantment: Fire, ice, Venom, blood, Rot or lifesteal

A demise Enchant: wurmpedia.com/index.php/Demise_spells

The counter demise spell: Each god has one aptly named after them

A stat increase Enchant: Nimbleness increases chance to hit, other two increase speed of action, not attack speed so they are only useful on tool, though wind of ages provides a very MINOR parry increase.

A Defensive enchant: Aura of shared pain or web armour fall into this one, these are the only spells on the list which are specifically cast on armour.

A learning spell: Blessing of the dark and circle of cunning fall into this one, but blessing works as both nimbleness and circle of cunning which is why it won't stack with either. Ensure you cast Cunning as your first enchant as it has the highest chance of destroying the item compared to the other spells.

The nolo spell, Which prevents you from being found by locate spells.

And the mindstealer spell, which is stackable with everything and has no sister spells so it goes in a category of its own.

Each god has their own elemental spell with some having more than one, but Vynora can cast every Demise enchant with Magranon following closely behind, but Vynora has a monopoly on the other enchants.

Meanwhile Fo being the useless fuck only has three enchants total, lifelink and venom which aren't stackable with eachother, and fucking Lib's demise which is useless on a pve server. NOT to mention that his actually useful enchants not only require some of the highest faith enchants to unlock but also require more than 99 favour to cast.

Lib still has all the fun spells though

wurmpedia.com/index.php/Category:Enchantment_spells

Ah, but the life steal enchant is pretty OP.
But yes, generally Fo gets shafted with the enchants.
Only real healing spells though.

Is there any advantage whatsoever to using short swords or spears?

Short swords are the fastest weapons, Spears and Halberds to double damage against mounted players.

Fo has some of the most useful support spells in the game both in and out of combat. The reason life transfer has so many pre-req's to cast is because the enchant itself is rediculously good.

Lib priests can cast every demise spell except their own, the same as vynora. They also get just about every other key spell in the game for some reason. They're hands down the strongest class of priests bar none though. I'm not sure why they were changed from being a jack of all trades to the king of all priests, but I don't play the MMO so maybe they were getting rediculously outnumbered over there or something.

so far half the lib spells we've tried are disabled because PvE, also mycellium decays within about an hour and thus never really spreads, also because PvE. being BL is shitty on PvE

Don't bitch I am LOVING this

WAY better than maybe a cow every 20 minutes.

Oh, I wasn't complaining. I've been drawing the bugs out and calling my guards on them.
There are sheep, rams, horses and bulls.
No cows though

Yeah, actually having mobs around is great instead of miles and miles of FUCKING NOTHING HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT

Scratch that. One cow

make sure you have the improved compass mod.

forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/136575-released-improved-compass-no-winter-better-tooltips-custom-actions-max-toolbelt-time-lock-updated-apr-25/

one of the larger MR settlements is at 1600 x 1400

This is pretty sweet. I almost wish we had chosen to live exclusively underground like dwarves as our gimmick simply so we would be living in a bunker afraid of the troll and giant greenish bear infested world above. We Metro now.

I was thinking of taking up a project to build highways between populated areas with walled rest stops on the way. If there is a demand for it, it would be great for resource pooling for the project with towns interested.

We could honestly just have a mass digging project and connect chefchigan with planeptune and the other fort in the immediate area via underground tunnel that way a trip over would only be a cavebug slaughterfest.

wurmpedia.com/index.php/Lava_fiend

This is my life now.

WEW

What do you boys think? Maximum cozy? It's my 1x1 room design for newbros that don't have a house yet.

Cheers fam

I'd replace the forge with an armor stand and a statue of girl

lights make everything comfy at night time.

Autistic question but, can I be a traveling toy maker in this game at all? A traveling merchant whatsoever who is a master at making niche things nobody probably needs? Slowly growing my funds until I can build a house and settle down and spend my golden years making toys not for wealth, but for fun?

Its not an RP server mate but you can sure as fuck try

Also, Serb going down in 5 mins

you can make yoyo's and a lot of puppets mastering the yoyo skill gives you a title and shit.

the world is pretty dangerous atm so wandering around alone and new is a good way to die over and over again.

you'll want to head to the town at

you can live in the mine or the church and work from there.

If you dont have a town yet you should probably get to one to at least improve your skills for a while before trying that.

Does it take awhile to build up your own house?
And is there chest protection so people cant rob you at random while youre offline/door locks?

Nah dude, the forge has been extremely useful for me so far.

Nobody would buy anything from you, money practically has no value since you can get 1 copper every time you kill one of the weakest mobs in the game. At most you could "trade" for shit by giving toys to people for things that they would have most likely given you for free anyway.

Is it a hassle to announce server resets in-game?

if you build off of a town deed you can get your stuff broken into.

it takes about a day or two to build a house once you learn the basics of the game.

You are better off foraging since within the space of an hour you can probably forage atleast a silver shekel.

I have placed village recruitment boards around the spawn deed, if you have a deed, and are recruiting, make a vilage recruitment board yourself and place an ad, they are global so they should show up at the spawn deed boards.

seconding the announce resets in game request, i'm pretty sure theres an entire system to schedule a restart that alerts players in event tab every couple minutes until the restart

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I dont have an image for this.

Works on my machine.

Listen up Vyniggers and assorted Hots edgelords.

I need a consensus on a time to get a restart and subsequent backup, it will happen automatically every day at a specified time..

The time you vote on will be in Texas time, so make sure you convert your own time to texas time if you need to before opening your mouth.

As usual, no poals because Verd manipulates them

Additionally, include your screename with your post

probably best to do it at like, 3-4am texas time, to try to avoid interrupting as many people as possible.