Dark Souls equipping system is atrocious

Whether you faggots like it or not, you can't argue against the fact that the Dark Souls menu system is complete horseshit.

It makes no logical sense that for you to be able to equip a shield, you muse click on the empty shield box which has no shield in it.
Every other game in the universe has you go to the shield you want to equip and press on the shield to equip it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCBCtpIJTytuMwlrwAomg_-w
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198118838518
youtu.be/vWLcElUlpW8
youtube.com/channel/UCBCt…
youtube.com/user/problmslv…
rpgmaker.net/tutorials/860/
forum.baldursgate.com/discussi…
social.bioware.com/forum/1/top…
gamefaqs.com/boards/943498…
forums.xfire.com/showthread.ph…
boards.portforward.com/viewtop…,
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles…
forums.steampowered.com/forums…
mega.nz/#!XM5gwLJb!9OhyhQ5gl0q1gZRHZBr-LOHIQARcPY8_hZuqxSjUr7s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The first time I played Demon's Souls, I only figured out how to equip rings hours into the game. But that's because I'm severely retarded.

I'm feeling a great sense of deja dubs from this post.

First of all,
You are incorrect

Second, this is not enough to mange an equipping system retarded.

Third, dark souls had multiple slots for every piece of equipment except individual armor pieces. The game needs to know which slot you want to equip the item into.

Please tell me somebody has the video.

Are you the faggot that made the youtube videos about this?

No m8 I just want someone to post it.

Just ask in the webm thread, jesus. No need to make a bait thread.

Since we're all here already, could someone post it. I don't know what y'all're taking about

Thank you thank you

Now can ANYONE give me an actual argument as to how the menu system is any good?

You fucking can't.

I thought you already admitted to fishing for a webm, are you actually retarded this retarded or do you want the video?

The menu system is more than likely obtuse on purpose to try and make it harder to swap gear during fights as easily swapping gear would work against the weight system.

Mainly looking for the video.

This system makes swapping easier than just having the inventory.

Then stop shit posting

Are you MPC4utube ?

Eat shit, niglet.

Autism confirmed.

All menu systems in console games are atrocious. They should really provide alternate mouse-based menus on PC.

Hey guys I want to make a low level whip PvP build using Notched Whip, Armour of Thorns and the ring that makes you do backflips.
What's a good weapon to use to kill S&O? Keep in mind I'll be around level 20 and I have to carefully choose my str/dex/vit/end (I need 16 dex for the notched whip).

You're complaining about a game from a literal Z budget company. None of their games have ever sold more than 100k worldwide until demon's souls. Why do people expect massive standards increase when all their games were cheap to begin with.

They've made better design choices in the past, stop being an apologist faggot.

jesus, is it summer already?

Jesus Christ, had he literally only played Skyrim before?

My sides

And yet, for whatever reason, they still managed to make one of the best games of recent and possibly all times. How did they do it?

Seems like nips are the ones we should be giving AAA budgets to.

The guy in the video clearly just has autism and doesn't have the mental capability required to understand a game having a different menu system, no matter how simple it may be.
In an ideal world, eugenics would purge such weak individuals and stop them from polluting the gene pool.

i miss him

holy shit my man

Another video of OP.

I tried friend, I really did.
I searched for the video for a good 10 minutes. Never found it.

Is it my fault that I didn't know the guy's name, and I was searching a title ("Dark souls 3 equipping shield rant") completely unrelated to the title of video.

Are you sure that's not ?

It's like this guy has never played RPG Maker h-games

Okay so now when I said you can have complaints about a game, this is not what I meant; this is literally retarded. Dark Souls has such a variety of equip slots that if you just clicked on something to equip it, you would be confusing the system. I play builds where I put an UGS in my left hand and a heavy cross bow in my right just to fudge the ai, which guards mostly to its left side, leaving the right, which is my left, exposed for slices.
Dark souls is fun because of the customization, but it's unfun in literally every other way; the quests are all context sensitive in a game where you can sequence break without trying, the enemy placement is made to be frustrating instead of challenging, and the level designs are made to tell the player to fuck themselves because the devs love jerking off to the idea of a player being helpless to their whims; DS is basically IWTBTG but as an RPG.
So anyway, I've been playing around with builds and finally found something I didn't realize I could do
Fuck the early drake sword, fuck the zwei, fuck the claymore, and fuck everything else, why is no one talking about how god damn easy it is to just get the black weapons and wield them almost just as early? I know it's a random drop, but I have like 90% success with just killing them on the first go.

this guys voice is what really does it for me

i think he is trying to make himself sound intellectual but instead he just sounds like a monotone autismo trying to emulate stephen hawking

Read the thread, he's baiting someone to post

What a time to be alive.

But that's wrong, you fucking retard.

Name a japanese game with a UI that isn't shit.

Keep biting

I wonder who is more cancerous, the Dark Souls' fanboys or retards trying to shit on the game.

:-]

Incidentally, this is the man that has managed to fail the XCOM tutorial. I didn't think something like that was possible.

He's definitely a bigger fuckup than DSP, and here was me thinking I'd never say something like that.

Wow this guy is legitimately retarded. How did he manage to even launch the game or record video of it?

Isn't this guy a troll though?

I suspect it's due to crippling autism.

He seems to be the genuine deal though. He actually went and deleted his channel a while back. What you're seeing is what little people have managed to salvage.

He has a new channel too.

Asperger seems likely. It pretty well answers everything. Though It still means he's a cunty manchild obsessing over menial game nuances. He can't help it his brain isn't functioning right but it's still annoying and cunty y'know.

Neither can DSP and we still give him shit.

I wish people that were this goddamn awful at games found some other fucking hobby. These are the idiots that make developers think their games need to be retard proof.

I actually never saw that one where he complains about the direction of the note.
This guy never stops amazing me.

I wish I could find the video of him failing to follow on screen instructions in the XCOM tutorial and bitching about it.

He goes on a 20 minute rant there too.

Yup. People this dumb are actually game testers I've heard.

Man this guy must have literally only played like three games if every game he's ever played has massive item lists in the equipment menu. I literally can't think of any game other than those made by Bethesda where that's the case.

Jesus Christ this video hurts to look at.

Oh baby
Someone post the valve screencaps

Oh god it's THIS autist.

For everyone's viewing displeasure.

One of the reasons I like DarkSouls is because it's challenging without becoming memorization like IWBTG - Most traps you can avoid if you just take the time to examine your surroundings. IWBTG just has shit constantly popping up out of nowhere without any warning - it's the entire game.

Comparing it to IWBTG is just completely incorrect.

Also, you say that enemy placement and level design is frustrating instead of challenging but you give no examples.

How far did you get in Dark Souls?

Looks like hes still going.

He has the Pedophile Smile.

youtube.com/channel/UCBCtpIJTytuMwlrwAomg_-w

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198118838518

youtu.be/vWLcElUlpW8
Holy shit, he is risen.

And this is why there is a "Search or type URL" in the search box now.

Wew lad
Jesus Christ

Watch his TTS registration video.

Is he even serious ? I don't know what to believe, isn't it just a character ?

I'd say he is fairly serious.

ESO IS FILLED WITH CYBER TERRORISTS

user…

My mind doesn't want to believe this autism.

Why do they change shit based on the minority of idiots?

Even when assuming that only minority of the intended audience is idiots, pandering to them in aspects that will go unnoticed by the non-idiots is a win/win. Gaymers have been too used to mediocrity for a long time.

Really? First time I played Demon's Souls it was what I immediately thought of, equipping it from the EQUIP MENU and not the one called INVENTORY. It's pretty simple and logical really, if you have eyes.

You really only have that negative example as proof. Valve has been using play testers for a long time, and a lot of their games have really good pacing and barely any level design problems.

It's incredibly likely that the same playtesters fixed some horribly boring shit in one of the games you love, but of course you would never hear of that, because people don't care about knowing the whole story.

I mean to be honest there's really no proof that the removed maze like level would've been fun in the least. They talk about one single example of one retard, but I think it's a fair assumption to assume that a lot of other people had problems orienting themselves in tunnels that all look the same and that, in the end, it just wasn't considered very fun.

Holy fuck, it's like he's devoid of common sense.
holy fuck

Neat opinion :-]
You are one savvy and studious fellow.

HE'S BACK IN MY LIFE!

Post more Hotaru

If games had to be handholding to his guy's expectations, we'd end up with loads of Skyrim. The idiot must've played videogames for a year, maximum.

Not gonna happen because the armor is far too heavy even with Havel's without bumping to nearly 40 endurance. And you can't even scale the whip's damage which would mean you pretty much have to make it an element like fire, chaos or lightning.

This fucking voice.

Is there a video of him failing the xcom tutorial?

You can't say something like that and not post a link

Only this video with commentary is available sadly.

I'm tempted to save all the videos on his new channel do that this doesn't happen again.

Convert them all to webm so we can archive this marvelous specimen of failed humanity for posterity.

You get mp4, because that's what the downloader I'm using has that Holla Forums can display.

Remembers me of that day i went to get an ID and some fucking girl told me to "sign in the square"
the ID had a smaller rectangle in the back and next to it a square
so i ended up signing the place where a a fingerprint goes, and then they looked at me like i was the dumbest ever but i told them it was their fault because the other was a rectangle and not a square, in the end they handed me the ID as it was with a signature below the fingerprint and people at the bank or wherever i used it always suspecting me of trying to mess with it.

Did you at least feel shame at your idiocy?

HE MADE A GAME GUYS

Part of being more intelligent than other people is automatically compensating for others' idiocy. doesn't sound that smart because he should have been able to figure out what the minimum wage employee was trying to get you to do.

It's very ironic that he has spent the past 8 years talking about devs not putting explanations in their games and then he goes ahead and makes a game for which you have to check a pdf to know how to play

wow, this guy is truly even dumber than DSP.

i didn't think it possible.

While saving all of his videos I have noticed that they all have a high pitched tinnitus ring in the background. Every single one.

So, do you guys want me to start posting the mp4s in this thread or save them all and post a single link when i'm done? (or both)

make a mega archive

jesus, could you imagine this guy's reaction to poise in DS3?

We might very well get out wish.

Apparently, he isn't a CoD kiddy like a bunch of people expected.
Turns out his main genre is H&SRPGs/Diablo Clones. he has like 20 episodes on Grim Dawn alone.

Does he have videos bitching for 20 minutes about how nothing in those game explains you have to drag items into slots to equip them?

You sure about that man ?

I started playing Grim Dawn two days ago.

Everything he complains about here is completely false.

The class system is right in front your face and you can even change points in the game and create hybrid classes, and you can travel back forth between personal rifts.

Is this some kind of crippling autism? How do you play the game for that long and hate it for reasons that are objectively incorrect?

I'd call it mind boggling idiocy, but seeing how he can breathe unassisted this is obviously a false conclusion to draw.

this isn't Holla Forums autism

this is real autism

Here has videos where he complains that it didn't give you step by step instructions to find a secret NPC

I feel like it has to be "trolling" or that he actually found out the mechanics but he didn't like the way they are implemented so he complained about them and said the game is shit.

Because it would be impossible to play for 400 hours and not know where the class system is.

Without knowing where the class section is you cannot have any attacks besides the standard weapon swing and you cannot level up your attributes to allow you to wield high level weapons. It would be impossible to progress.

Maybe he thinks masteries aren't classes?

Maybe that's why it took him so long

Maybe he just leveled the attributes with the points you get on the inventory screen/character tab.

that's why it took him 400 hours to beat the game

Do we know if he actually beat it?

Lowest common denominator marketing.

He has a video complaining about how tutorials that aren't real tutorials because they do tell you how to click on a program to start it up.

He has an hour and a half long video that's a guide to Van Helsing where he literally says that he's the best player in the game, the first to do a bunch of things, and claims to have already helped 1000s of players. The first thing he talks about are all the things the game doesn't die you how to do in the key bindings.

Holy fucking kikes he's like an unfinished computer algorithm that someone forgot to add a contextual action to.
It's like someone made him and forgot to make sure he would check to see if pressing 'a' on an empty square would lead him to an inventory screen, and as such he thinks the idea of doing so is preposterous to the point where he thinks it's wrong to do so.
What the fuck.

I finished the patched shadow tower abyss withouth knowing what the fuck half of the stats meant, and then this guy comes out whining because the game is not spoon-feeding him :^)

every video downloaded, uploading to MEGA right now. I've never used MEGA before so I don't know if it's working or not, but it says it's at 0% atm.

Do we need a cow thread for him?

Why not
I would love to know more about this guy and who he is

i thought cow was dead ?

would be interesting to known a little about him.

i wonder how old this guy is ?

assuming thats him in his profile pic, he looks like he is at least 40+

From what I've heard he's 40 something. And he has a kid too.

Gotta wonder who wrote the instruction manual for him to pull that off.

Bumping, anything else known about this guy?

Holy shit found a goldmine on one of the told videos

-

MPC4Utube is a dishonest idiot.

He appears on forums under fake aliases (sockpuppet accounts) to reference and praise his own YouTube videos (usually to try to bolster/win his arguments). He cherry-picks facts to suit him, and then he blocks people who call him on his bullshit.

His arguments don't stand up to scrutiny which is why he blocks comments on his videos, disables ratings and ultimately disables the videos themselves (I encourage anyone to mirror them before he removes them).

Oh, and he claims he holds a criminal justice degree, that he spends his time reporting game issues to development companies, that he was involved in the shutdown of the XFire forums and that he can hack YouTube accounts and/or get them banned.

He also claimed he "does installation of OS and virus removal as well as Computer Security and Consulting for a few other governmental organizations", yet two years after this claim he makes a thread on portforward.com complaining that he can't figure out how to forward ports on his router.

He's not fooling anyone but himself.

Here are a few aliases he appears under, and some links to him referencing his own videos. Spread the word.
TLgamer (latest channel) - youtube.com/channel/UCBCt…
problmslver88 - youtube.com/user/problmslv…
problemsolver88 (GameFAQ forums)
tx3000 (Steam forums [banned], NexusMods forums [banned], pcsx2.net forums [banned], mtgsalvation.com forums [banned], Twitter and more)
tx3000 also found here, and claims he had over 55 requests to make a video and that he is not tx3000 (complete lies watch?v=fq6q9MDS_uU): rpgmaker.net/tutorials/860/
tex3000 (Steam forums and more)
createdforthis (GameFAQ forums, Steam forums, search Google for name to find hilarious threads)
factchecker - forum.baldursgate.com/discussi…
beyondconfused - social.bioware.com/forum/1/top…
crazyinfo - gamefaqs.com/boards/943498…
takenforaride - forums.xfire.com/showthread.ph…
tx3000 - boards.portforward.com/viewtop…, steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles… (page 3)
mpc4utube - forums.steampowered.com/forums…
questionasker - forums.steampowered.com/forums…
grossnegligence (gamefaq forums)
Dtrain4900 (Steam forums)
gtom05876 (Steam forums)
tomgreen14 (Steam forums)
tomgreenw04 (Steam forums)
Lou Dobbs (Steam forums)
Correctionalofficer Daniels (This video, MPC4Utube is blocked for lulz)

-

And i thought this guy was a fucking idiot just from the videos, check out some of the comments on the links

that's some good investigative work user

Alright, here's a .rar with every video on his TLgamer channel as of today.
mega.nz/#!XM5gwLJb!9OhyhQ5gl0q1gZRHZBr-LOHIQARcPY8_hZuqxSjUr7s

no that actually sounds totally believable. people think the government is some ultra high tech super smart blah de blah, but actually they're just hiring whoever's cheapest because all of the higher-ups are 60-70 years old and don't know how computers work.