Cutting Edge, Next Gen Games

What are some cutting edge, next gen games I can use to test my new GPU?

No Man's Sky™ is just the thing to test the near endless limits of your Nvidia™ GTX 1070™ friend!
Just play some good games at higher resolutions and enjoy the great frame rates

There's that 4k realism mod for Battlefront

Is that the Hexa or Octa core?

The only game worth playing with really good and modern graphics is BDO.
And it's fucking p2w mmo piece of shit.
So yeah, good job wasting money on useless shit.

nice one

Reminder that the only reason GPUs need to get more powerful is because devs are getting lazier and won't optimize their shitty games.

MGSV's Fox Engine was optimized for literally everything to a $1000 PC to a shitty toaster and it runs beautiful and looks great on almost anything.

I am a dev so it's not useless to me.

It's hilarious how there's nothing I want to play to test it though.

Even if it's virtualized kill yourself.

Oh well with CUDA and processing power and shit it is indeed good upgrade if you're working with video and graphics.

But pretty much.

reported.

Only plebs fall for "high-end" and "future proofing" builds.

not to mention

I've got two in SLI for my 1280x1024 monitor.

Silky smooth 400 FPS.

I still don't know why people are fine with 50gb+ games now, when none of it accounts for the game, just the fact that its bloated with uncompressed audio and its usually poorly optimized.

Even then most good games from back then don't need high end computers to run

Why not Pre-Order The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition?
It has completely remade graphics.

Step it up, nigga

Lazy ass devs don't bother at all. I guess extra cores could be used to stream games in several computers at the same time, or if you run intensive multi tasking in multiple virtualized environments, but for a home/network/multimedia server you need better Watt/perf ratio fam

No way a GTX 1080 can run Skyrim at max graphics, you need a Xbox One for that.

>tfw I have yet to find a single good game that's too much for it, mostly sticking to up-to-6th-gen emulation, older/non-AAA PC games and non-intensive/CPU-focused vidya like Dwarf Fortress

wew lad

Was wondering why to upgrade my HD6600 to a 460 and then I remembered all new games are shit.

And using Bethesda.net®、you can upload all your Construction Kit™ mods to enhance your experience. all with no monthly fees*

its a shame such game engines are wasted at EA

Fucking retard

Literally the game with the best graphics right now is Black Desert Online and it's a shit gook grindan game overall but I guess you just want to test your overpriced chink graphics on some gook game.

I remember trying to modify cities in Skyrim led to me accidentally zooming in on a barrel.

They bought the texture, and after some research, a lot of the textures in Skyrim were not made in-house.

lul, if you thought Skyrim's editor was hard, you couldn't handle Morrowind's. It was obtuse even for the time, you can't even drag and drop objects onto the scene.

Skyrim's editor came with a ton of updates, probably more than Gamebryo has had in a decade…

no way

Anyone have a Black Desert guest pass? Don't want to spend that much on a gook MMO just for the graphics. I was somewhat interested in it but meh.

PS2 emulation with upscaling

You'll probably have better luck asking in an MMO thread or BDO thread (if there's not one at the moment create it)

This is a good idea.

I didn't say the editor was hard for me to use, you dumbass. I said I scrolled in on a barrel and discovered BGS doesn't even make all their textures anymore.

FUCK YOU FAGGOT! WE PUT A LOT OF WORK INTO THOSE TEXTURES AND WE EVEN RELEASED "HD" TEXTURES SO YOU PC CUCKS WOULD SHUT UP ABOUT THE GAME LOOKING MUDDY AND IT'S STILL NOT GOOD ENOUGH?

GO FUCK YOURSELF SHITSTAIN. YOU'RE LUCKY YOU EVEN HAVE AN EDITOR. I DON'T KNOW WHY WE EVEN TRY TO APPEASE YOU FUCKS BY UPDATING OUR MOD TOOLS WHEN ALL YOU DO IS COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW IT ISN'T MORROWIND 2.

Somehow, after Skyrim and Fallout 4, this is cathartic.

More please.

At least you tried.

Are you only playing the most demanding games?

A 460 will handle that just fine. Hell, a 750TI will play new games @ 60 so long as it's on Medium.

Skyrim is a masterpiece. Morrowind is buggy garbage and you can just levitate all over everything.

Overwatch. :^)

Blizzard fanboy detected.

The best example would be CoD Ghosts. That game required an insane amount of ram and hard drive space because it was poorly optimized.

I play every game I want at QHD, often times much above 60 FPS but towards the 100~ FPS.
Games look fucking buttery smooth with FreeSync as well, I thought it was going to be a marketing gimmick but adaptive sync technologies are definitely legitimate.

I'll probably upgrade to a Zen 16c/32t CPU and the high end Vega GPU with 6000+ SPs and hopefully 16GB of HBM2

Also hoping to pick up a 4K 120Hz freesync monitor when they're available.

Still going strong 120+FPS, but I don't really play newer games aside from EDF 4.1. I'm probably going to upgrade when I get a 144hz monitor if I can't maintain the FPS necessary, but I doubt it.

that's one GTX for every P

Don't think any modern game is really pushing graphical quality anymore, it all became a meme once nobody beat crysis for the longest time and now better hardware means less development costs since developers can lazy out harder

tfw:

So I've been stuck with this toaster for the last three years for that reason alone. I'm too fucking neurotic about it, afraid that if I purchase something that is reasonably good now, it'll be toaster-tier within a year.

I also want to make sure that the card that I'll buy will be able to output at least 60 stable fps in 4K with decent settings, and that there are high refresh rate 4K monitors out there to take advantage of it.

So I'll probably be holding my cash for a couple more years.

I guess I'll replay Terraria again…

Remember if you bought a GTX 970 (~$300.00) you can get some sweet sweet lawsuit bucks. How many lawsuit bucks you ask? A magical $30.00, for being lied to about performance specs.

When did that information surface?

Graphics cards drop in price eventually, but it seems now they try to make the window shorter between that and a new release that renders it obsolete, so that it is impossible to keep ahead so to speak.

BDO and Ark?

The new Titan X is $600 more dollars than the GTX 1080 for 30%~ more performance.
Not only that, but we already fucking know that the Titan XP is a cut down GP102, it's not even the full configuration.

Nvidia is probably saving the full GP102 as the 1080 Ti if RTG Vega is any good.

couple of days ago, its all over the net, check pretty much any pc tech site

I'm surprised that an Ivy Bridge can run 60+ FPS for you. Does it run well with a PS2 emulator?

Why am I not surprised…

That and "a socket change a year…."

I guess I'll stick to my toaster for three more years. I wouldn't be surprised if technology is 10 years ahead but they release it in increments just to milk cash from us. I mean the fucking smartphones self-destruct after a year tops. I'm still using an old phone because I don't need a pocket computer to make calls. I want to pull my hair out when normalfags proudly show off their new phone that they spent a ridiculous amount of money on, which they will replace within a year.

Sorry for the blogpost. Needed to blow off some steam…

So far the games I've played which is a good amount, I'm usually capped at 60 FPS with most games.
Only issues I've had was playing God of War and I had some weird audio bugs.

What the fuck good is all the new hardware if it's not actually available? Here, share my pain.

That's because the Pascal launches are all paper launches.
They don't have any supply of any GTX 10X0 cards.

Sort of the same could be said for the RX 480 GPUs except there actually was ample supply, they were just bought up like a mother fucker.
There were tens of thousands of RX 480's in stock globally - pallets upon pallets of those mother fuckers and they all sold out.
The RX 480 Nitro has something like several thousand pre-orders on overclockers.uk shop.

Why not just buy "obsolete" hardware and enjoy games other than recent ineptly-ported console games?

Running an i5 4460 with a GTX 950 and I still get 60 fps on the newest games.

It wasn't a paper launch, TSMC's revenue went way up after release. For that to happen they're likely pushing as hard as yields will allow.