Whats the best system to emulate for the first three harry potter games?

Whats the best system to emulate for the first three harry potter games?

Also, why the fuck did they change the formula of the Harry Potter games after the third one? Zone based exploration was perfect for this series.

Dolphin for the first three, since they were all on the Gamecube.

They probably changed it for the same reasons EA changes every fucking game formula for the worse. Shitty market research and chasing the X audience.

Would someone get Drawn and Quartered by lawyers if they made a fan game in the same vein?

There's like a million different versions of these games. Including different 3D versions I'm pretty sure.

for the first two, you'll want the gameboy color versions, visualboyadvance is the best working emulator. for the third game and beyond, just get the pc versions, don't bother with any of the console shit.

What about the 3d console games?

afaik only 1 + 2 have the most differences (1 + 2 on the gbc are card-playing RPGs with an almost final fantasy vibe to it), after that they were more or less the same with a semi open-world map and lots of bean collecting.

the reason i really recommend the gbc versions is that you can actually lose the house cup and the story will still end, i've never seen it done in any other version.

Probably not, so long as they specified they weren't profiting off it.

harry potter 2: the pottering was the best, I remember it was closer to the books than the television show

You can lose the house cup on the PC games too if you do too badly on the spell challenges and don't gather enough cards.

why would you need to emulate them the PC version exists for all 3, which is the best version.
I just replayed these recently for nostalgia, 1 has dat atmosphere but really janky gameplay, 2 is the best, gameplay and story and everything is perfect, 3 is pretty good but its more methodical and less fluid flow to the gameplay than the 2nd.

you can't lose retard

Fuck no that's a terrible one. Gambatte for GB/GBC, and mgba for GBA.

Yes you can you cunt. Dumbledore doesn't shit out free points like in the book.

Even if the graphics are gen 6 tier I don't give a fuck. That shit would be so fucking fun to play. Holy shit how can this idea possibly not be considered good by developers?

why even live

Gotta keep shoveling cod clones and freemium apps.

I'm still buttblasted Pottermore ended up being a browser game rather than actual vidya.

Harry Potter really just kinda happened, didn't it? Like, for ten years it was the biggest book series and now it's just kinda gone.
I really wish there was a Hogwarts MMO of some kind, shit would be comfy

Daily reminder of this thread here:

Although there is Academagia and I think a couple other similar games if you don't mind text simulation.

Bully at Hogwarts would make for a pretty bitchin game.

They were literally chasing Call of Duty audience.

IN HAIRY POOPER GAME

Because the PC, PSX, and PS2/Xbox/GC versions are all different games.

who /hpmor/ here?

That's not a real board, user-san.

user pls

book store worker here

tonight we're having a midnight launch party for the new harry potter play script. every single person who attends these sorts of things are
a. landwhale tumblrtards
b. upset parents
c. perma cringe inducing "potter heads"

i hate all of you who made this possible. i dont even get a better hourly rate for this shit. fuck you all i just want to be at home at play videogames.

no idea but have this

it's kinda nice tho
and there isn't much hpmor art anyway

How bad is pottermore nowadays?

she is making a new one, it releases this year

I'm not reading that shit with black hermoine

Why? You mentioned multiple schools around the world in the books, why not do anything with them?

you don't want the answer user

What are the parents upset about?

having to go to the faggy book thing most likely

this

What is the best video game version of Hogwarts and why is it Geo?

i want to sniff hermiones clothing while shes still in them

you actually can't lose the house cup in the second GBC game. they removed the points system even though they improved most other parts of the game.

No idea. I dropped that shit as soon as possible.

why live